Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Broken People
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 64 (view)

Broken People
Posted: 3/10/2013 8:00:36 AM
I think pics of your nakedness is tacky! not very classy at all..the term their "junk" just makes me laugh!! why would anyway decide to share a naked pic before you even meet the person??????oh wow Im impressed now !!LOL
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 49 (view)

What 'we' say, what 'we' hear?
Posted: 2/22/2013 7:28:24 AM
Lucid Nailed it!!!LOL Stub on the other hand not so much!!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 185 (view)

All these younger men...
Posted: 2/21/2013 8:16:01 AM
LOL you're funny..boastful????yeah that's it..we're so happy they noticed lil' OLD us..not all of us want to be sugar mammas.............FYI,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, happy fishing!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 12 (view)

so , I have this question all the time , why so many senior guys looking for younger Chinese laides
Posted: 2/1/2013 8:46:57 AM
J bird said it ...The older men THINK they are still submissive...alot of times not sooo!!!good luck to the op..happy fishing!!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 19 (view)

The Catfish
Posted: 2/1/2013 8:42:39 AM
I have watched the catfish show on the computer as well and I find it all so terribly sad!! Its lonely sometimes being single/older etc..but to be that far down as to make fake profiles and stuff!! why?????for the attention,something to do???Are they that bored and pitiful???how do u fall in love with words sitting behind a computer??Its an illusion, I think..so much sadness in the world there is so much more to do then mislead others !!just my humble opinion...
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 20 (view)

I just lost my best friend.........
Posted: 1/29/2013 4:24:31 PM
Mr natural ..................thanks for the heart felt post it meant alot ..I wrote you a note privately but you were not accepting notes from my age bracket LOL !!!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 57 (view)

A Date Tonight
Posted: 1/27/2013 7:43:35 AM
"I'd rather watch paint dry"LOL that was funny..I do agree ,to have to sit through dinner with someone I really am not attracted to isn't my idea of fun...I've met men for a coffee or a drink and if there's no connection even after we chatted etc ..before hand ...I find I just want it to be over..maybe thats shallow but it is what it is...I haven't recently wanted to meet anyone,when I chat with them over POF alot of them want to jump into bed.."What are you wearing"????REALLY....Its so silly to find some men just haven't learned over time..Some women just want that also but, I''m just very turned off by it.Happy Fishing!!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 10 (view)

hopless
Posted: 1/23/2013 3:52:16 PM
Mr Perspectiv ,you are sooo handsome what in the world are u doing single LOL!!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 9 (view)

hopless
Posted: 1/23/2013 3:51:10 PM
Dear Hopeless...you need to buck up hun..seriously to put that out in the universe its so negative and you are so much better than that!! some guys will bring ya down use you..etc etc but its not ALL...select more carefully and talk to a dr about weight loss maybe you could even have surgery..just realize the jerks dont matter you need to respect yourself and look to the future..maybe couseling theres better things ahead!! good luck to you..it was very brave posting that on here and people will be nice and helpful as well as some smart asses just love yourself first!!God dont make junk!!!!best wishes to you...
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 1/23/2013 3:25:13 PM
Dear Smart and Peppermint .......thanks for your replies they meant so much..yes Im thinking of grief couseling Im so very sad I feel dumb and lost and like Im just going in circles..most of the crying has stopped but my heart aches for her loss..thanks again for your kind words!!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 40 (view)

Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 1/19/2013 7:15:06 AM
"ketchup stain on their wife beater!!"OMG that was funny!!If I didnt like MEN so much Id love to be with a funny woman LOL..we know each other well...sisterhood indeed!!I enjoy being courted and Im 50+ lol I enjoy a real man's attention..one who isnt full of himself,self-assured and looking for the same things I am..excellent personal grooming habits are a must LoL.........NO stains,dirty nails!!!,or long hair....its so simple..so why is it so difficult..happy fishing!!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 85 (view)

Why Bother?
Posted: 1/19/2013 6:45:45 AM
Why bother...Im kinda feeling you op at this moment in time...However we cannot keep this up or what..were alone..which isnt all that bad.lol somedays...I have been cheated on and it so ...ks!!as far as him not getting it at home thats so much BS lol they (I had two in a row)liked variety I guess..and I found out and I was not happy!!who wants to share unless you live in Utah..not me!!ewwww it makes me feel sick when I think of who Im laying down with is sharing his affections OMG thats just nasty!!anyway its not a male or female thing its your own self respect..dont be a liar or a CHEAT its just ugly and it sure affects the looking for a partner part..but all men dont cheat!!! PLEASE HOW SILLY!!! DONT GIVE UP OP...
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 1/18/2013 4:47:01 PM
Thank you all so very much .........such kindness coming from the POF forum :)..!! I woke this am at 3:00 .........one week ago she passed at that time...I do feel her whether its just wishful thinking or a connection I do feel it..I miss her sooo badly ,my heart hurts but I know from past loss it will get better..day by day..thanks again for taking the time to reach out to a total stranger for heartfelt tenderness!!!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 90 (view)

Dating in your 70s
Posted: 1/17/2013 1:30:45 PM
"a nurse or a purse."..never heard that one..When I first saw this post I sure thought he looked great for 70 LOL but he was posting for his Mom..how sweet..she sounds just fine being herself..her active self!!she really doesnt need someone around her neck weighing her down at this point..If its meant to be she'll hopefully find a nice man..to spend the remaining years..thats all our hopes right??Im 62 and somedays feel so much younger its just a number.. The guy that posted about fishing in a mudpuddle now that was funny!!!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 1/17/2013 1:19:26 PM
Hello..I know this isnt about romance or dating ,but I just lost my very best friend..my heart hurts so badly..she suffered badly the last few years so Id like to think shes in a better place..Ive lost loved ones before but this is soo hard..I saw her everyday..I helped her through life and now find my life with a huge void in it..when someone dies people come sout of the woodwork..where were they before???Im so angry..maybe thats a good thing I dont know..Im just lost and I was on POF and decided to write this,to see if others would share their experiences with this painful loss..Thank you for reading this ..God bless..
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 39 (view)

No i have not had a girlfriend!!!
Posted: 12/15/2012 9:22:57 AM
Be honest..but in my humble opinion ,a nice young woman ,would find that very special..youve been saving yourself for the right,perfect one!!best wishes...
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 10 (view)

Mending my heart as I am looking for my prince.... :)
Posted: 9/7/2012 3:54:09 PM
wow a-gent that was right on!!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 8 (view)

I feel so raw ....
Posted: 9/7/2012 3:49:41 PM
I can so relate,its not easy going back is not the answer either..the honeymoon is nice but then reality ......good luck to you and reach out to others and try to keep busy..start a journal is you dont have one it helps to write it out ..sincerely a fellow sufferer ...just for now heal first and then move on..
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 18 (view)

an eternal heart break?
Posted: 6/23/2012 6:19:26 PM
I loved what KNT !!!said please op read and reread these replies..people that have been through it..it someone tells you to leave the room ,or shut -up he doesnt love ,nor respect you..please youre young..figure out what it is you want,what you enjoy doing and just live...he sounds mean not "sweet" sex can be wonderful the flowers and such but the bottom line he was abusive and no one deserves that!!! value yourself enough to stay away from him... Im going through that at this very moment in time its not easy!!and Im alot older ,than you trust me learn from your mistakes good luck to you!!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 14 (view)

Should I write a Good Bye Letter
Posted: 6/22/2012 7:03:39 PM
I agree with most on here move on..writing and sending it is just a way to keep the lines open. if you think hes a jerk and dont want anything to do with him..like others have said close the door with him on the other side!!Im going through it as we speak stop doing the dance..hes not worth it..
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 48 (view)

Is 61 the cut-off age for having any luck on POF?
Posted: 2/29/2012 5:29:58 AM
Drumming .....it could happen never say never even on POF!!Im still "thinking"about it and Im at the Everyone out of the Pool,Lake,River...stage of life!!! LOL!!!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 48 (view)

What is Love?
Posted: 2/29/2012 5:21:52 AM
I so dislike WOODY Allen didnt he run off with his adoptive daughter what can he possibly know about love???But Im also confused about the LOVVVE thing I like the eros part of it ...loved the different names for the different love we feel...I dont know if Ive ever been IN love or know what it is or feels like now LUST I have been in ...
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 21 (view)

First Meet... What Went Wrong?
Posted: 2/28/2012 11:40:24 AM
Oh My Gosh some of these replies kill me...lol no neck,oos in the corners of his mouth..greasy fingers spitting his food...repeat after me being Alone isnt so Bad!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 113 (view)

When someone points out that you're old..
Posted: 2/28/2012 11:17:55 AM
Your mamma! thats a comeback you wouldnt hear from an OLD person...
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 4 (view)

Moving forward......
Posted: 10/2/2011 7:12:43 PM
Thank you ...Cultured what a warm response to my post thank you!!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 3 (view)

Moving forward......
Posted: 10/2/2011 11:55:14 AM
Thank you Springs,I do agree with you..Thanks for the imput,lonliness can make our minds think strange thoughts and want to run back to what was known...sincerely caroline
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 2 (view)

Moving forward......
Posted: 10/2/2011 11:47:22 AM
Thank you Mr.Ice..I have came up with that same conclusion,never think when you get older you have all the answers..!!!ha You are just adorable I KNOW your special one is out there for you,good luck to you and thanks for offering your opinion ...I wont be ready for a long time to come looks like, meanwhile Ill be here reading these forums and realizing Im not alone..
 swtcarolinej

Moving forward......
Posted: 10/2/2011 11:14:30 AM
I have just recently..2 months broke it off with a man I had been seeing for 3 yrs..
We argued alot in the relationship..about his use of pot and smoking cigs and having to take alot of pain medications for injuries in his life...I always told myself I could accept his choices in him using these things because I knew he loved me and I him...It just got worse however and I finally just told him I couldnt handle it anymore...I did know about it from the beginning so I look back and blame myself for accepting it for so long...I work ,and have family and a few good friends....but I feel very depressed,Im lonely and miss the things we did together.. Is it possible to just be missing the time we spent together and not HIM??? He had gotten so slack even on his hygeine and that bothered me alot..Hed blame me for b....... at him and it became my fault somehow???AM I feeling sorry for myself ??is this just the process we have to go through when you break it off??Is it possible Im lousey in the LOVE department I just turned 61 and I feel ancient these days ,as it is I am a mess!!I want to move forward and I know some people think finding a new man is the answer but I dont believe that to be true..I just feel very alone thanks for reading this...
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 13 (view)

Man of My Dreams???
Posted: 9/25/2011 5:13:03 PM
UPDATE: HES OUT OF MY LIFE AND THANKS FOR ALL THE CONSTRUCTIVE ADVICE .....
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 15 (view)

Moving on is hard
Posted: 9/11/2011 1:24:54 PM
I am also going through a break up of 3 yrs...the fact he is living with someone else speaks volumes..you deserve better..Focus and make memories for those wonderful babies of yours!!sincerely Caroline..... good luck to you and your family and keep your head up God Bless!!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 7 (view)

Guys not giving the finger
Posted: 1/17/2010 4:27:04 PM
I THOUGHT THE SAME THING SUNNY TEXAS ..DANG IT HAD THAT MUCH AN ODOR EWWWWWWW IS RIGHT MAYBE HIS MEMORY DOESNT QUITE SERVE HIM CORRECTLY
 swtcarolinej

Is sex a chore to him?
Posted: 11/11/2009 8:20:30 AM
I just want to say Ive been with selfish men in the past and I have always been a pleaser sooo I think you should just back off a little and let him know youre there for him BUT he also needs to know you need yours also!!!Sound like hes being lazy and after such a short time you might need to rethink the siutation..good luck to you and be kind to YOU!!!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 22 (view)

TwinFlame Vs Soulmates
Posted: 11/6/2009 4:15:54 PM
I do beleive there are people in the world that we are suppose to meet...since Ive met my latest and hopefully the last man in my life in a very unusual way..he is all the things on "The Things I Want in A Man " list ,lol all 78 of them...hes come at the late stage in my life but he is like a soulmate if one does beleive,hey stranger things have happened!!
 swtcarolinej

Why mature people make wonderful partners
Posted: 10/16/2009 8:28:49 AM
We do make wonderful partners because weve been through the ups and downs of life and lived and hopefully learned from it...Some of us wanted the picture perfect marriage and children routine and got that,but it wasnt like in "Home Beautiful"...........sighhhhhhh..but now that the smoke has cleared we are pretty great even at this ripe ol" age...I liked this post and feel we have so much to offer our partners now and even more so,cause lifes' experiences are the best teachers!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 32 (view)

Cuddling and touching after sex
Posted: 10/15/2009 4:06:22 PM
sex can be great.............. making love is the best...............being intimate and cuddling during...and after is the ultimate....real men know this.. women are funny like that...
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 29 (view)

do men like getting more then giving
Posted: 10/15/2009 4:01:30 PM
I so agree men love to give/please........... boys not so much!!!!your "friends" husband sounds like a selfish ............no good for NOTHING person.....boy..
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 20 (view)

Straight men and Anal play - yay or nay?
Posted: 10/15/2009 3:50:34 PM
"my EX STUCK AN ink pen there once!!"now thats just lame.... was that all was handy on the night stand??!!OH my goodness that was funny in a uh does anyone have a pen??????ya hear alot and learn so much on the forums!!who knew????LOL as for me my big bald ex biker loved it kinda made me wonder what the biker gang would have thought of the big bad dude????? hey whatever floats your boat but somehting kinda getle with a bit of lub would be so much more welcoming!!just saying ......
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 21 (view)

Tear Jerker Movies
Posted: 10/14/2009 9:53:25 AM
YES one fellow said' Secret Life of Bees great movie'!!!also loved Bridges Over ....now theres an oldie and Clints' newest movie sad ending cried a bit..also Memory Keepers' daughter...read the book and the book was better but great story!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 41 (view)

is it him or me??
Posted: 9/19/2009 6:04:50 AM
Its good to see there are a few good men still left..I mean the ones that answered this post by telling the op ,her BF had no class or repect making a comment like he did..I agree with the woman who say "YEAH and they are young enough to be your daughters!!" thats right on!! who wants their beautiful daughters being oogled by old dirty minded men...its just errrrrrwwwwwwww to me...he disrespected her!!good luck with this one!! just set him straight ,you dont enjoy the "oh look at that hottie Dear!!!!!"conversations!!!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 13 (view)

the last- Best You Ever Had
Posted: 9/14/2009 4:30:48 PM
I have the best now...funny a lifetime of so sos and I wasnt even aware just went with the flow at the time, but the guy Im with now is the best ...I thank God every day I found someone like him and imagine even at this late stage in life!!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 194 (view)

Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/11/2009 7:28:21 PM
YES we do and men can make those meals once in awhile also..I cooked for a very long time for a family and that was back in the day,but I still like to a few times a week fortunately I have a guy who loves to get in hte kitchen also but Lordy he makes a mess!!but then its usually very good and worth my cleaning up hey fairs fair..I raised my daughters to cook also so their sweeties have the benefit of a mom who liked making homemade meals...
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 27 (view)

are you still sexually experimenting?
Posted: 8/26/2009 1:50:46 PM
rick now that sounds painful!!lol Im into experementing even at this age!!lol and the kids would say eweeeeeee lol at your age MOTHER!!! but seriously anything should go if youre with that special someone..sex for sex sake is just plain out nasty to me..and I have a very open mind...
 swtcarolinej

nice teeth
Posted: 8/13/2009 6:39:07 AM
Im wondering if anyone else in this age group are having problems with their teeth...I am not looking forward to having dentures but that looks like its going to be my only option...I had a condition that really messed up my hair growth nails and now teeth...could anyone tell me their experiences and if dentures can be ok...Im so self conscience about this it makes me feel really ancient!!!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 23 (view)

public pickers are on pof TOO
Posted: 7/8/2009 8:46:05 AM
omg I find no humor in nose picking,as well as ass scratching ,or ball scratching ,when its inappropriate when others can view the activity.......come on!!!shes suppose to be a professional can u imagine hiring this woman!!scarey stuff...You must have been like what the fu-k???????and u were trying to show this so called woman a night out?!?Im sorry ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,better luck next time we have to keep in mine POF is free....
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 27 (view)

it gets better
Posted: 7/3/2009 2:14:30 PM
I agree report him and just chalk it up to lesson learned ....dont be too hard on yourself and dont listen to the people who were negative in their reponse to you,just put it in the past!!Good luck!!!Take care of number 1...
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 9 (view)

I want companionship and love, but it's not happening
Posted: 7/3/2009 1:41:42 PM
Whose Tao De Ching by??????? I need the author.....youre young and just now beginning to ask yourself why not me???IT can get better it will get better and your whole life is before you!!!!Just be you and KNOW its enough and youre gonna meet lots of girls and hopefully find Ms. Right good luck!!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 40 (view)

tired of being lonely
Posted: 7/3/2009 1:36:20 PM
KEEP PUTTING THE ICING WHERE THE CAKE SHOULD BE....I need that translated lol I think I do that!!! I get lonely also I found a guy but we keep running into roadblocks is it me???Possibly when u get older and not so much wiser this can happen...But we need to just focus on ourselves in the lull of dating I think hard to do I know...God didnt mean for us to be alone..we all need love and companionship...it just gets discouraging sometimes keep the faith!!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 3 (view)

giving up
Posted: 6/28/2009 11:54:23 AM
Lonely,Steve is right but I KNOW what you are saying..I was in a relationship for almost ten months and it just ended and now Im saying Was it really soooooo bad???because we dont want to be alone and we are all looking for the same thing...I get tired of hearing when u least expect it LOL well we keep waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiting for when that moment we have least expected it lol You are not alone if that helps some of us know what your saying and its not fair to be judged by out pic or the judgeing of a coffee date...Just do some you time and dont give up NEVER give up and ok I wont say it when you least expect it lol...if you need a bud Im here...I just love the forums and havent had any luck on POF in the love department we all all kindered spirits tho and youre not alone....
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 7 (view)

Man of My Dreams???
Posted: 6/22/2009 7:45:03 AM
Thanks! for the replys..I will take what I like and what I can use and leave the rest!lol I liked what Karma said good point..I have thought of this beleive me..I dont want to sign up for all that with my eyes open...

Ibiker I will go back to the meetings I have been in the past with friends and Coda for years...I guess I need a brush up course or a life time of being reminded!!

Barbi your words were very reassuring Thanks!!

To the "lady" who called me a piece of work ,........... ... filly of the forums or something to that effect......... I AM a piece of work,but in a good way God isnt done with me yet!!...

I havent updated my profile in ages and Im not on POF to date...I just come here for the forums so FYI thats my story...
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 2 (view)

Man of My Dreams???
Posted: 6/21/2009 3:32:17 PM
Got me !!LOL well the consensus was hes a doper and hes not gonna change!!LOL and Yes I did think Maybe I could get him to uh cutback, quit all togther..???????I know I know what a dreamer...I guess I just dont want to be alone but its not worth the aggravation and I just dont know How to say good-bye..well he came and got his things so I guess thats the first step ...looks like!! he did have good quailitites he was a gentleman,he was kind,gentle,caring etc etc those were the things I tried to focus on...thanks for the replys!!

Show ALL Forums