Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Ok so I took all my nudes down - WHAT NEXT??
 vrusimov
Msg: 27 (view)

Ok so I took all my nudes down - WHAT NEXT??
Posted: 9/1/2012 12:05:38 PM
Don't worry over intimidation mate. Consider it a filter for someone who has enough self esteem to take on your challenge. Well written profile by the way.

That said, it matters not how well you can cajole the Gods of rhetoric to your whims. Some ladies just want something different than what is presented. Just remember that all you need is ONE! Good luck to you.
 vrusimov
Msg: 8 (view)

Not getting anything...........
Posted: 2/22/2012 1:14:42 PM
Flesh it out my friend and maybe spell-check?...best foot forward right? Your canvas looks a little bleak so splash on some color...more intimate details about your passions and aspirations. Do that old Micheal Hayes "freebird" strut!
 vrusimov
Msg: 11 (view)

The good, bad, and ugly..All comments welcome, thanks.
Posted: 2/22/2012 1:02:51 PM
Well done...and still thirsty for more!...Serious, succinct, playful and positive. Don't change a thing!
 vrusimov
Msg: 9 (view)

Whats the issue? I cant see it
Posted: 2/21/2012 8:08:56 PM
chin up!...joy comes in the morning...
 vrusimov
Msg: 2 (view)

Please help me improve my profile
Posted: 2/20/2012 4:14:39 PM
Specificity. Recall a favorite memory of one of your hobbies. Let some passion loose in your profile. Generalizing puts you amongst the herd. You want to be the loner on the hilltop with the sun against your back.
 vrusimov
Msg: 6 (view)

Need Profile Review :D - Please click here
Posted: 2/20/2012 4:07:29 PM
I'll tell you something irpe99. Wording is very important in a realm where little distinguishes one profile from the next, apart from pics of course. I still find myself revising my own profile when seeing critiques of others. You have to care about how you come across because it is too easy to sink your ship before it sails.

I'm not sure the 7x7 qualifier helps the profile...neither time that it is mentioned. Tests, lists, negativity, derogatory language and poor grammar can put you at a disadvantage, not that you used all of these. It's not unlike politics, where perception is everything. I call it the perception ceiling...who you "really" are matters, but it is always colored by the perception of the observer. You should always question the tone of your profile with as much objectivity as possible.
 vrusimov
Msg: 3 (view)

Profile Review
Posted: 2/20/2012 3:25:44 PM
Step into my office if you please Mr. Will. Everything under "First Date" is catastrophic my friend...a more memorable line might be acquiescing to the fact that you "are" more than willing to jump in front of that bus to save her!...get my drift? Spell-check, capitalization (i's) and word choice is doing you no favors either, particularly the word "ilk", which is negative in both connotation and definition.

You could also benefit from more poses of the serious and contemplative variety. Be declarative and leave the "guessing" to lesser mortals. You should know all the answers and even when you don't, you "always" know the answers. Get it? Good luck to you.
 vrusimov

Profile review
Posted: 2/20/2012 3:04:23 PM
Spell-check, capitalization (all i's) and punctuation for you Andy! A few more pics might be in order as well. If the resume is going to be short, at least make it tight. Oh...and Getta ain't got nothing on some genius named Zohar.
 vrusimov

please review my profile
Posted: 2/20/2012 2:47:33 PM
I concur...it needs work Mr. Burty. And "the beatings will continue until morale improves".
 vrusimov
Msg: 7 (view)

In need of profile advice
Posted: 2/20/2012 11:09:08 AM
Ahhh! Writing is just so much fun is'nt it? Let's keep that introverted/shy thing between us. I am introverted as well but I would absolutely fleece myself if "shy" permeated my profile in any way. Don't be "nice"...be bold...be maniacal...be swashbuckling! Tell that young lady, "you and me, we're gonna be!" So get yourself over here, I'm your "density"! Just kidding, but you get my point. Really, the nice guy line should be retired with most of that second paragraph. Your pictures betray a certain innocence anyway. I mean that in a good way. I would add a touch of subtle swagger to your introduction. Good luck to you.
 vrusimov

Does it make sense?
Posted: 2/20/2012 10:04:02 AM
I won't yak but I "will" steal your waffle! That's a good one. Your self-deprecation is duly noted, but it comes off well. I'm not usually a fan of "so I'm told"...it is rather old. I would perhaps replace a word or two but that would just be nitpicking. Your charm transcends the modesty so all I can say is nice one.
 vrusimov
Msg: 4 (view)

Help please.
Posted: 2/20/2012 5:45:17 AM
Man, I'm gonna have to sic the grammar police on ya!. CR is right, a "rewrite" would serve you well. Your story would benefit from more cohesion. Spell-check would love you! I applaud your imaginative attempts however.

I would downsize your "punch" list into a paragraph. You could "hit" the key attributes that you like...channel Shakespeare my friend..."brevity is the soul of wit"
 vrusimov

profile review ...
Posted: 2/20/2012 2:17:32 AM
Being partial to ellipses myself, I have painfully realized that if overdone, the distraction dilutes the discourse so to speak. Sadly, I have to agree with previous observations and would suggest a rewrite with capitalization and punctuation in all the right places. Ellipses should be used sparingly in this type of "venue". Spell-check is your friend as well. Good luck to you.
 vrusimov
Msg: 4 (view)

Profile Review Please
Posted: 2/19/2012 9:30:39 AM
I'll say this only because it might matter to some...Watch your punctuation. spelling and word choice. It will flow better when read. Otherwise, the profile is straight!...Well done.
 vrusimov

What do I need to work on in my profile?
Posted: 2/18/2012 9:25:51 PM
Irks is indeed a word but "cockiness" is parsed in a way that might raise an eyebrow. I would change it to read
"so be confident but not**** because it brings out the best in both of us." Otherwise "laughter floats my boat a long way so be funny (or tickle my ribs) and perhaps I'll let you steer". In all honesty, the love to laugh line is too cliche for you. So many women use it that it has little power to attract. You want your profile to be magnetic and the shorter it is, the harder you have to work. Overall the pics are nice and there is not much else I would change. Just a thought. Good Luck.
 vrusimov

Just updated my profile.
Posted: 2/18/2012 8:59:42 PM
initial reaction?...I can't help thinking of Alastair Sim in "A Christmas Carol"...you know the part where he's sitting at his desk giddy and chuckling to himself that he does'nt deserve to be so happy. Mystery, introspection...maybe a black and white photo with you not smiling (or frowning for that matter). I know this is counter-intuitive but mystery can be a good thing where ladies are concerned. Besides I read an article about women who smile vs. men who smile in their profiles. The "rules" for guys are a little different from the opposite sex. This is just one guys opinion so don't take it as gospel.
 vrusimov
Msg: 7 (view)

3rd Profile Re-Write
Posted: 2/18/2012 8:03:31 PM
...lose the last line..."when a day of whispers between pillows will seem much more enticing than a day spent working"...or something similar...
 vrusimov
Msg: 6 (view)

I've tried everything..but nothing
Posted: 2/17/2012 5:44:31 PM
...Mike the first paragraph is'nt working overtime for you...it is vacillating, or wavering...I read into it a small degree of apathy perhaps...POF should be the greatest thing since sliced bread, and even if it is'nt you better make sure it comes across that way...it says to a lady that "perhaps" you're not really serious about meeting someone here...

...Don't just "say" you like to make people laugh...there is a lady on the other end viewing your profile and if you can fathom something witty to write, it will grab her attention in a more visceral way...an emotional connection that draws her in is what you should aim for...you'll be ahead of a lot of guys if you can do this...

...don't say!...show!...then you're on the road to standing out from the crowd...good luck to you...
 vrusimov
Msg: 25 (view)

Completely naive...should I give up.
Posted: 1/23/2012 3:46:31 AM
..."You only need one"...that should be a sticky on this site...it has served me well on days where my ego is less than ideal...I always repeat it to myself and remember that joy comes in the morning...usually...but THE ONE is hard to find, especially when your preference lies outside your own ethnicity...nice post...
 vrusimov
Msg: 1 (view)

...does this profile intimidate?
Posted: 12/28/2011 5:43:38 AM
I welcome any input but I must relent that this is a personal piece of me and so I will be reluctant to overhaul it if that is the consensus.

Show ALL Forums