Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Being friends with the opposite sex.
 princej3822
Msg: 79 (view)

Being friends with the opposite sex.
Posted: 1/25/2015 3:32:41 PM
Ditched a girl I dated because of this. Normally I would have no problems but when I would find that they're texting at odd hours in the night, it certainly raised red flags. Also, FYI....i once trusted one who said they were just friends and three months later found out they had be shacking up. Don't be Naive, it may work but always have your guard up!
 princej3822
Msg: 33 (view)

He got my name tattooed on his chest!!!! -
Posted: 9/28/2008 5:11:28 PM
It all goes well without saying, everyone who's posted here already hit the point. Giving him a chance the first time you realized he was not straight with you was the big mistake., kinda like letting him have his cake and eating it both. I think you know that you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you continue with this man but sometimes it seems they catch the women at the point of weakness. Tattoo or no tattoo, you need to run fast, I mean in the opposite direction.
 princej3822
Msg: 77 (view)

Too anxious??
Posted: 9/28/2008 10:37:00 AM
I'm confused by elaine88 comment saying that you should avoid a confident man. Here we are again, most women saying they want a confident straight forward man and yet here's one that approached you and elaine says that men who are confident are usually personality disordered have a false view of themselves....bla bla....avoid them like the plague????? So I ask, all those women who always say they never get approached, what do you want then? Maybe you can do the approaching?
 princej3822
Msg: 6 (view)

Some advice on moving in together
Posted: 9/28/2008 6:53:29 AM
Although you may seem to have every reason to think it's the best thing to do at this time, be sure that this is the person you see yourself with long term. Nine months is probably not enough time. Give yourselves time to explore each others likes, dislikes, see if you are even in the same level of thought as to where you both see your relationship going. I always think that if you have reservations and have to ask other people, chances are you have a bit of doubt in making this big move and probably knew the answer to your question long before you asked.
 princej3822
Msg: 185 (view)

This site did nothing for me
Posted: 9/5/2008 4:39:05 AM
I always wonder why so many people feel that they are obligated to tell us they are leaving this site. I doubt any of us will cry over the sudden departures, most of which are more like complaints and negative ciritism. Next please
 princej3822
Msg: 21 (view)

POF ~it DOES work~
Posted: 9/2/2008 6:57:14 PM
mzsomebody, you sound pissed on your prof. Hard to imagine such harsh words would come from such a pretty person. I bet if you find someone who had 'clickage' with, you would create the time to know them. So about the OP, what was his post about ...........sorry for the distraction everyone.
 princej3822
Msg: 29 (view)

My Best Friend and I had a Date with the SAME guy
Posted: 9/2/2008 6:51:04 PM
We tend to read too much into things too soon. I believe it was only a date. The guy did not propose or ask her to be his girlfriend, right. Just hang out, don't start quarrling before any of you know the guy to even be committed to him. Better still, don't give him a chance to play you both. I think you should have your friend decide. If she didn't like him then go for it. Just make sure again that the guy does not become opportunistic and try to play both sides. On the flip side, Toronto is a big city, i can't imagine a shortage of good men to where you are both going to try and fight for this one. Oh correction, you are not fighting over him yet....we hope.
 princej3822
Msg: 23 (view)

Can having sex too soon in the relationship kill your chance's?
Posted: 9/1/2008 9:19:58 AM
Sometimes I think too many of us try to live up by too many rules. Be spontaneous and do what feels right, doesn't matter...two adults should be able to make their own judgement and not second guess. If it feels right, doesn't matter how long you wait.
 princej3822
Msg: 87 (view)

going to cinema on own
Posted: 8/24/2008 4:33:09 PM
Nothing wrong with going alone. A few times I've done so myself even when I was in a relationship. Nothing beats calling in sick and catching a matinee and just having your alone time. We all get too caught up about how other people look at us if we are siting somewhere alone but the truth is none of these people we are concerned about have any bearing on our lives, they are just strangers.
 princej3822

Is your new BF/GF still logging onto POF?
Posted: 8/24/2008 4:13:58 PM
Him lying is a sign of things to come. Seems like there is a level of mistrust already and sounds like he is still 'keeping his options open'. Maybe the fair thing to do is you both still need to check who else is out there that way you can at least compare what you 'have'. Sometimes trying to be exclusive too early may lead to feelings of regret for the other person especially if they were not ready to be exclusively dating you. On the brighter side, there's nothing wrong with having friends of the opposite sex if both of you are mature about it. Keep your options open, that way no disappointments will come.
 princej3822
Msg: 14 (view)

why do guys do this to girls?!?
Posted: 8/24/2008 7:26:42 AM
I agree with posts above. Your pic is screaming "come have some of this" and I think it gives a perverted first impression. The guy sounds like he's shallow, and now that he's slept with you, it seems like he wants to dangle you for a few booty calls here and there but frankly he will probably not view you as a suitable mate for long term companionship.
 princej3822
Msg: 10 (view)

Should I try to make contact?
Posted: 8/24/2008 7:23:09 AM
You like him, ask him out and be cool about it. The worst he can say is no thanks, but most men who get approached are flattered to where they will 99% say yes. Asking a man out shows you know what you want and puts you in control of your destiny. A couple of times I have had the girl make first contact and wow, I was very impressed to where I said yes in a heartbeat.
 princej3822
Msg: 42 (view)

Found my guy on Hot or Not - not good
Posted: 8/21/2008 7:46:39 PM
I know sometimes it seems like there's no light at the end of the tunnel, but despite your urge to try and get back with him, you should not. Get yourself busy and do things that focus on you. Since you already know now that he has the potential to cheat on you, why would you want to establish anything with him. Although your times together seemed perfect, the your best defense against future heartbreaks is to ensure that both of you are on the same page, meaning both of you are in a committed monogamous relationship. Most importantly, you haven't invested too much time in this relationship to have it ruin your potential to meet other people. I think it's his loss, he still wants to play the field and if you embrace him, he will hurry on to the next girl as soon as he gets an opportunity. Keep your composure and maintain your esteem. Don't write him letters spilling your gutts. It only comes across as desparate and gives him the upper hand to treat you bad.
 princej3822
Msg: 197 (view)

Why Do Men Overlook Good Women?
Posted: 8/18/2008 7:27:42 PM
This goes both ways.........sometimes I have found that women overlook good men. Note that good does not mean boring. I'm a perfect example, and quite tired of being asked why I'm still single. By all means I'm good looking, speak well, dress exceptional, own my own place, have high goals, no past baggage or ex-drama. But somehow I still can't find a decent person that appreciates that. Even on pof, I get in touch with a few who I think are good catches. Thing is that they all have tonnes of favorites, and get attention from everyone else so it's hard for them to even know who is geniune and who's not. But I have come to a conclusion that the more one has to offer, the tougher their chances of finding a good mate. Reason being that you raise your expectations and being that most of us are used to being burned, our approach to someone good is always met with skepticism. I will be on pof until someone proves me wrong.
In a nutshell, I have good attitude and still believe in true companionship. Good luck to people still searching.
 princej3822
Msg: 139 (view)

The man I've been sleeping with is having sex with someone else!!!!!
Posted: 8/11/2008 4:52:20 PM
This situation has been overdone and whereas you ask what you need to do, I think you already know the answer. I'm not sure why women allow men to continue to carry on with this trend and it usually ends up that the two women get mad at each other and the man gets away scot free, only to call one of the women again and they almost always are willing to drop everything else for the same cheating guy. I believe that if ALL women stood up, tolerated none of this behavior, no man would be able to play them. Cutting the guy loose is your best bet. True, men can sometimes come back with all the romorse and charm to convince you how they made a mistake, and as soon as you think you are secure with him, he will turn his eyes on someone else and the same trend starts over again. I wish such men would stop creating a bad name for all our male species but a few bad apples ( or should I say a lot of bad apples) should not dictate how you approach your next relationship. You have to move on and cut all temptation of even condoning a 'rational' explanation from this man. Women, start looking out for each other, stop men on their tracks when they make advances on you especially when you know he is committed to someone else. Oh i forget, it's not a perfect world anyway............
 princej3822
Msg: 72 (view)

Dumped, devastated and don't know why
Posted: 8/5/2008 6:19:31 PM
You seem like a great guy...the type women always by pass until they realize they have been wasting time on dead end relationships. I don't think you will find problems finding someone who appreciates you. Biggest thing is don't enter your next relationship with any hard feelings, keep your cool and be yourself. Karma is a nice thing, do well by the next girl who chersihes you and this one that broke your heart will quickly fade. Above all, keep your dignity and even if she is trying to make peace, don't jump into anything too fast. If you respect yoursefl, you will attract people who are of high calibre. Keep fishing and until you are in a committed relationship, always keep your options open by going out with other people.....doesn't mean you have to make out with each of them. Good luck!
 princej3822
Msg: 12 (view)

how to deal with loving someone that doesnt love you back
Posted: 7/30/2008 3:36:44 PM
Sorry to hear she doesn't love you back. The best tool you have now is to maintain your self respect. There's nothing as repulsive as someone who is appearing too clingy. We've all been on both sides of the situation and neither is good. Maintain your composure and use this as a time to know other people. Don't drop everything each time she snaps hers fingers. Good luck.
 princej3822
Msg: 8 (view)

no sex..how long?
Posted: 7/27/2008 11:13:31 AM
I think when that happens, it means they may be getting it somewhere else perhaps. Just a guess.
 princej3822
Msg: 2 (view)

Should I let him know I'm interested?
Posted: 7/1/2008 3:56:20 PM
Hey, let the guy know...too often everyone is afraid of rejection. You don't have to be obvious but it is worse to keep quiet and then have him loose interest and next thing you know see someone else scoop him up.
Sometimes guys just need a little nudge especially considering we're not that smart about this kind of stuff.
 princej3822

4 great dates... and no kiss?
Posted: 5/20/2008 6:48:33 PM
He might just be a little shy. Some men, myself included, become a little withdrawn or shy when they know they like someone and often even wait till the girl makes the first clear difinitive first kiss, Nothing wrong with you initiating the first kiss but don't get too eager to give away too much too soon. Some men can read this only as sexaul. He ought to sweep you off your feet and after you initiate the first move and you notice he never does, then that's grounds for a sit down discussion. I think he'll come around though, four dates is a signal of interest and you should have nothing to cause you sleepless nights!
 princej3822
Msg: 57 (view)

People With Freckles
Posted: 3/23/2008 10:25:19 AM
Girls with freckles are cute...it all depends how you feel about yourself. Overall, I think they all look so adorable.
 princej3822
Msg: 19 (view)

Too many people accusing people of playing games
Posted: 3/9/2008 6:57:07 PM
Good things take time. I think those who accuse others of playing games are merely over anxious and expecting instant results. When they don't hear from the other person, they immediately feel jilted and start acting desparate, and it translates to the next person they get into contact with. By this time, they are viciously seeking the next victim so they can unleash some frustration and the cycle begins all over. Immature actions but life's not always fair.
 princej3822
Msg: 43 (view)

What's this Men are not monogamous by nature' line all about?
Posted: 3/3/2008 3:32:01 PM
I've always been monogamous, will always be. What nonesense.
 princej3822
Msg: 11 (view)

WOW...this came out of left field
Posted: 2/29/2008 5:33:00 PM
You are lonely and vulnerable. Watch your step and tread carefully....guys can be manipulative and the minute you slip he will have you at his fingertips. Run and make a life for yourself and make sure it doesn't include him. Don't look back and if you do, you will end up in the usual love triangle drama. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders and someone who appreciates that will see it in you.
 princej3822
Msg: 34 (view)

THIS SITE WORKS!! Found my boyfriend in less than two weeks!!
Posted: 2/26/2008 4:46:43 PM
good to know that people get swept off their feet. Happy for you dear, tread softly though and take it slow.
 princej3822

should i wait?
Posted: 2/8/2008 3:23:22 PM
Women. PPPPPPPPPleaze, stop doing this to yourselves!! Men want their cake and eat it too. Why would you believe a man who has been with his ex (whatevr) for 12 yrs. and has not made a committment to her all this time. Does that not tell you something. Seriously women, stop making yourselves targets of these kind of men, coz once you come to your senses you always end up hating all of us...even when we mean well.
 princej3822
Msg: 21 (view)

Nice Bloke Quits Internet Dating
Posted: 2/7/2008 6:45:34 PM
I have to side with OP on most of his take on this one. All the ladies, even the ones without pics have several favs, and most guys who write to women hardly get responded to. For some reason it seems like everyone is clouded with the thought of finding the perfect one instantly and unless your pic is half nude, responses are hard to come by. I keep wondering what happened to genuine interest, reading someones profile, not making a hasty conclusion about them and just being courteous by responding to say you appreciate the gesture. At least that way you will come out on top as a considerate person.
 princej3822
Msg: 44 (view)

what can a woman do???
Posted: 2/6/2008 9:18:07 AM
why do women allow this type of thing???
 princej3822
Msg: 58 (view)

If a woman drove a 'better' car than you....
Posted: 2/3/2008 6:07:58 PM
This thread is so shallow, I can't believe its even on here
 princej3822
Msg: 135 (view)

Ever feel like your going to be alone forever?
Posted: 1/18/2008 6:03:02 PM
Sometimes it feels like you are alone, but I usually get relieved when I look back and hear how so many are complaining in the relationships they are currently in, how they are being treated badly, they are not really in love, blah blah blah. And I say to myself, at least I am alone for now but very content that I can rely on me. Better to wait and find the one than settle out of fear for being alone.
 princej3822
Msg: 78 (view)

Where have all the True and Honest Guys Gone?
Posted: 1/2/2008 7:08:38 AM
We are actually right here, only that when we come along, you all have been so burned that you put up a brick wall and close yourselves within the 'wall' of man haters.
 princej3822
Msg: 20 (view)

Mom with children...is it hopeless???
Posted: 12/23/2007 9:22:11 AM
Moms with children always seem to have the "my kids come first" attitude. Ofcourse everyone knows that and I think for the most part, sometimes they go overboard to reinforce that. Some men also want to feel as a part of your life, but get blocked out since most moms who already have kids go into a protective mode. I speak from experience.
Kids or no kids, i think if you strike it with someone, make them a part of your life, kids included and make him feel wanted .
 princej3822
Msg: 234 (view)

Boyfriends in prison
Posted: 12/23/2007 8:29:22 AM
I still can't imagine what power some men posses over the women they are with. Here is a good example of something that can never work and a beautiful girl is prepared to waste her life away. Nothing amazes me anymore about this thing called 'love'. Do we even need to post any more comments on this one? seriously
 princej3822
Msg: 118 (view)

I can't look at him!
Posted: 12/22/2007 9:41:53 AM
That's mean and actually unfair. Why are you then holding on and leading him to think otherwise. Do you just like the attention he gives. Please find someone you adore, both in looks and character and let the guy go. Many girls would be thrilled to have a guy like this.
 princej3822
Msg: 69 (view)

Does a guy mean it when he says he doesn't mind waiting?
Posted: 12/16/2007 4:50:54 PM
Sometimes it just means he's getting it somewhere else....sorry to be so blunt.
 princej3822
Msg: 42 (view)

Mu Hubby Cheated With A Friend
Posted: 12/15/2007 6:47:38 AM
Same story over and over....guy cheats on you more than once you still stay by his side. Honestly, guys don't change once they cheat. You staying only makes it more acceptable to him to do what he wants. Those who claim they don't cheat after they are caught are lying. They only become more careful so you don't know. Some lessons are learned the hard way but you should have left a long time ago.
 princej3822

Second date and he wants to pick me up but....
Posted: 12/1/2007 4:57:48 AM
This is a no brainer...............never let some stranger to your home, meet in a public place. Why put yourself in a compromising situation. It doesn't matter how 'nice' a guy may seem, you just never know what they are capable of.
 princej3822
Msg: 85 (view)

Met This Guy On Here....
Posted: 11/26/2007 6:06:11 PM
Wow, never seizes to amaze me how gullible girls can be. No wonder guys always end up having their cake and eating it just becoz of this type of scenario. I can't even comment, it's not even worth any input
 princej3822

Had enough of jerks
Posted: 11/18/2007 8:04:53 PM
Hey, I'm a non-jerk and always initiate my convo. in a respectful way, but no responses.
 princej3822
Msg: 4 (view)

Helping someone out and gettin burned
Posted: 11/10/2007 6:18:54 PM
Wow....the things women do in the name of love...same story we hear all the time. When do we learn that when a guy is a loser you boot him out, cut your loses and run for your life. Nothing ever changes....as long as you let a guy mooch off you. If I counted how many people I know in this same situation, I would need help keeping count.
 princej3822

why don't guys initiate conversation
Posted: 11/3/2007 4:10:38 PM
Becoz we mail you and most of the time it seems that however nice we introduce ourselves we receive a lot of hostile responses. Personally, I think there are a good number of nice worthy women out there that have been burned and they have a misconception about every male that crosses their path. Still, I think we should all give every new person a chance, you just never know who you will make the best of friends with.
 princej3822
Msg: 11 (view)

Why doesn't anything help?
Posted: 10/28/2007 7:17:22 AM
Listen to yourself. Did you hear what you said....and I quote "and I know he was a loser. (he lived in his truck in his mothers yard, didn't have a steady job, and smoked a lot of weed)"
So knowing this, why would you be hung up on someone you know is a loser???? I can never figure out why girls do this to themselves all the time. Don't you know you deserve better?
 princej3822

Can I fall in Love with a wonderful Friend?
Posted: 10/25/2007 3:07:14 PM
As always, nice guys finish last...and of course when a jerk comes he will sweep you off your feet. By the time you realize you've missed out on a good thing, the nice guy will be long gone, then you will have to settle. How often do we see this, and it's not surprising. That's just my 2 cents. Good luck!
 princej3822
Msg: 14 (view)

I can't date, I'm Getting Bored, Depressed.
Posted: 10/23/2007 7:40:36 PM
You are sexually frustrated and I recommend investing in some lube and put your hand to good use. Enough whining already!
 princej3822

Anyone in the Roanoke Salem area on here real?
Posted: 10/22/2007 6:28:48 PM
Hey natural spring, I am real! See my profile and tell me how real it is sounds. xoxox
 princej3822
Msg: 2 (view)

Southwest Virginia Gatherings?
Posted: 10/21/2007 8:07:50 AM
Good idea! You should check out my prof. and hit me up. This coming Saturday we have a cool halloween party happening in Roanoke. You interested?
 princej3822
Msg: 12 (view)

45 men mailed me and still no date AAAHHHH!!!!
Posted: 10/20/2007 6:40:46 AM
I wouldn't complain if I were you. 45 sounds like a good number to work with and weed out what you don't want. Sometimes you can take the initiative. It's actually a lot harder for guys to get responses than girls. Everyone seems to think everyone else is too flaky but we guys have the same experience. We mail people who's profile interests us and never hear back. And yea, my prof. used to have pics and all and I can say I'm a good looking and all, but still girls just don't respond. Wonder why???
 princej3822

there is hope for the nice guy yet
Posted: 10/19/2007 6:27:44 PM
Yep, same old story....nice girl crazy for jerky guy, thinks things will change. Rearranges her life so as to win the jerks affection but the whole time he's playing them both. What's new. This is the norm in most cases. Worst of all, it seems it's always the two girls being played that end up fighting each other for the jerky guy. Something is wrong with world, i'm just saying.
 princej3822

What have you learned . . here . . ???
Posted: 10/17/2007 6:16:31 PM
that everyone plays silly games to know even if a true genuine person walked in their lives
 princej3822
Msg: 13 (view)

My BOYFRIEND wants to wait for marriage to have sex.
Posted: 10/14/2007 5:03:32 PM
I hate to admit but I think as perfect as you think he is, if the sex drive is not there on his part, you will only be more frustrated and inclined to find it somewhere else. I think lack of sexual intimacy is a deal breaker and if it hasn't changed by now, it really won't when you both get married. Find someone who appreciates and pleases you in EVERY way, especially that. Good luck

Show ALL Forums