Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Message Restrictions
 medievil
Msg: 550 (view)

Message Restrictions
Posted: 6/1/2013 1:11:40 AM
I saw a blog post I think pretty much nails it.. POF WANTS people to leave.. at least men...Men outnumber women by a large margin, so the new idiotic age limit is designed to "encourage" people that do not agree with it (Mostly men) to move on, leave to other sites.. for some odd reason they think that will encourage more women to then sign up cause the people they "Think" are driving women away will be gone..
the blogger thought the whole thing was idiotic (It was a women BTW) as do most of the people posting here...
POF will now have the reputation of not respecting members ability to think for themselves, that notion is already starting to gain traction out on the net
 medievil
Msg: 538 (view)

Message Restrictions
Posted: 5/31/2013 5:34:18 AM

If anyone bothered to use a search engine (that's google to the boys and girls) about the real reason this is happening, then this thread wouldn't be so long. It's not just about the age restrictions or other things that have been eliminated. Okay let me put this in dating terms. You know when you meet someone new and you are going to meet their parents and you want to put your best foot forward... :lightbulb: The internet is fun when you know how to use it. Now everyone go to your rooms and do your homework. Cue "the more you know". ;)

that makes zero sense..
the "Real" reason??lol
cause some goofy chicks don't know how to filter messages?? or are you saying he is tryign o sell the site to some big sponsor?? and pissing off members helps that how??..lol

as I said before the restriction thing is ludicrous...it serves no purpose other than to treat members as if they are children unable to make their own decisions
 medievil
Msg: 490 (view)

New Age Restrictions Set By Admin: Message Restrictions
Posted: 5/28/2013 3:17:31 AM

If having to choose an age range is something that could be easily implemented by users who are opening new profiles through their cell phones, as well as those with existing profiles, then I agree it would be the best solution.

you do realize that is irrelevant right??
it's the SAME account... you can always go to the PC, log in and set any setting that you might not access on the phone app...

to me the change is just plain stupid...the whole point of a dating site is trial and error.. even the name plenty of fish, gives the impression that you are throwing out the bait and seeing what you might hook. ASSUMING because someone is younger or older that it's somehow wrong is crazy... You never know who, what, when, where, how, why or what age will find mutual attraction, limiting those chances because of some ill-conceived idea (I mean I expect this kind of censoring in Iran), completely negates the whole reasoning behind a dating site. 18 year old girls?? pffft...she's an adult.. go to a mall or a club, see how may times she will get hit on, if she can't handle simple email messages, she doesn't need to be on a dating site to begin with
 medievil
Msg: 232 (view)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VIEWED ME NOT A PAY FEATURE ANYMORE- POST HERE ONLY (other threads will be deleted)
Posted: 5/30/2012 7:31:38 PM
and why was the data reset?? I didn't request it, I actually used that data to determine if I had already viewed someone in a search (I always return views)..now I can't see who I've already viewed
 medievil
Msg: 986 (view)

VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE
Posted: 3/15/2012 2:55:22 PM
ehhh... signed up with OKC a couple days ago... already got WAAAY more responses then I have here in over a year...waaaay better sight with waaay better selection of potentials in my area...dunno why anyone would choose to stick around here....since I joined more and more has gone to a pay /upgrade side...never seen a site take away features and put them in a pay side.. usually if they want to charge they develop NEW features that entice people to join.. taking away existing features not only DOESN'T promote or entice..it pisses people off and, as the say, gets their back up to a point they WON'T EVER join...

Show ALL Forums