Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: DO ANY WEMEN WANT A SYMPLE MAN ANYMORE
 AStableWoman
Msg: 4 (view)

DO ANY WEMEN WANT A SYMPLE MAN ANYMORE
Posted: 8/2/2007 8:28:57 PM
LOL...And here I am looking for anything BUT a simple man! Most I have come across as of late, I would say were very "simple".
 AStableWoman
Msg: 59 (view)

Poor POF date...who is raising these guys?
Posted: 6/11/2007 3:58:44 AM
Betterlate, I love it! lol Ya...good thing you didn't want to "go off". But you did put it so eloquently. Thank you!
 AStableWoman
Msg: 58 (view)

Posted: 6/11/2007 3:54:31 AM
I have a feeling OP is MIA because she doesn't like the response she is getting. Hey, she asked for it!
 AStableWoman
Msg: 48 (view)

Posted: 6/10/2007 3:12:36 PM
"Please explain why I feel the urge to vomit?"

I feel as you do! Sorry but I think OP has a problem. I could sum it up in a couple of one word sentences but won't.
 AStableWoman
Msg: 30 (view)

how does one trust anybody?
Posted: 6/10/2007 3:01:05 PM
Wow...I am really sorry you had to go through all that. All I can say is I have watched and learned and never have mixed money with a relationship. It just seems to change things and the way I see it, relationships are tough enough as is without adding more complications to them.

I have to say the first part of your story I could have written line for line. I had just joined this site and on day 3 talked to someone on here that was from my area. We talked on the phone and met the next day. WE?... fell in love day one. I was the happiest I had ever been in my whole entire life. My friends and family could see it and were so happy for me. If I could have shouted it from the roof top I would have...I was in love like never before. Every single thing that was important to me was there. He was the man I grew up dreaming about and never lost site of. Mind you I am 46 years old and I will credit myself with knowing the difference from lust, infatuation and love. This was love. He gave, I gave...it was great. One month later he asked me to marry him and gave me a beautiful ring. I said yes. The next month...he was gone! Said it was all too much too fast and he needed to figure out what he wanted. You have to know...I never pushed for anything. It just happened and I loved where it was going. I know what he wanted. To move on. He rejoined the site two weeks after leaving me and then a week after that...he had met the girl of his dreams, the one God intend for him, the one he had searched for all his life, (mind you that had been me a month before) and wished the rest of us POFers good luck! Wonder if she has a ring yet or been tossed aside for another? Whoever she is I feel for her.

How do I ever trust again? How do I move on and feel like I can even trust ME...my instincts? Were all those quiet conversations about goals, dreams, plans and being there for each other till the end just crap? I know that no one can really answer me and if fact if you said...yup...crap, that would just hurt me. It would mean I fell for it.

I guess the one good thing that came from it all was I do have wonderful memories and I do know what it means to be happy. I also saw a wonderful side of me. I was more giving and loving than I had ever been. Damn...excuse me while I wipe a few tears away.

I feel broke and I don't know what it will take to fix me. So now you know. Another one bites the dust!
 AStableWoman
Msg: 39 (view)

Shootings at Virginia Tech
Posted: 4/16/2007 3:15:25 PM
I am sickened by the news. I have had a hard time working today because I have kept the TV on and every time there is an up date I want to see what more is known about this tragic event. It is so senseless and such a waste of young, productive, promising lives.

I can not imagine what parents, loved ones and friends are going through now waiting on news as to who the victims are. I pray that they will be given the strength needed to get through this.
 AStableWoman
Msg: 77 (view)

Don Imus insults Rutgers women's basketball team.....
Posted: 4/13/2007 3:04:16 PM
The only way I can view this, is to see it in very "poor taste". It was unkind, thoughtless and said with no regard to the recipients of the intended slander and those that love and support them. In a perfect world, things like this would never be thought or said. But sadly this is not a perfect world. There is a great deal of ignorance among us and as hard as some of us may try to educate, there will always be those with "little" minds. People who can not see anything beyond themselves.

I don't know what the answer is. Do we fire anyone who opens their mouth and says something stupid? Do we ignore it hoping to take away any importance to what they say? Do we hope that the moral majority will continue to do right, treat people right, with the respect and dignity? I wish I knew. But I will say this. From the coverage I have seen of the Rutgers basketball team, they are articulate, intelligent and focused women who have handled this situation with a great deal of restraint and class. And for that alone I applaud them!
 AStableWoman
Msg: 2 (view)

Why all the B.S.
Posted: 2/10/2007 10:12:42 AM
WOW...

I can only speak for myself. There is a "list" in my profile of the things that are important to me, things that I need from a man and in a relationship for it to become lasting. But the sad fact is that just because a man may possess those things does not mean that "we" are meant to be. What it does say is that there are many good men out there but they can not all be for ME or all for any other woman for that matter. People are like pieces in a puzzle...they need to "fit".

The other side of the coin is that we all say we want the same thing....but are we all willing to give it? I am. So I believe in my heart the day will come that I will find my mate. Until then, all I can do is be open and honest about what I am looking for.

OP...you may have done police work for over 30 years. But I do not believe all women look for or want to be abused or taken advantage of. I for one do not, nor have I EVER sought to find that type of man. I avoid them. Abuse of any kind is not something I will stand for. I nor any other woman is meant to be a door mat. No more than is any man! I will agree that for both men and women, there are some that gravitate towards abuse. It is what they know, and they do not have enough confidence in them selves to seek a different type of relationship.

The bottom line is this, MOST women do want what you have to offer.
 AStableWoman
Msg: 71 (view)

Inappropriate attire for a first date
Posted: 2/4/2007 4:18:03 AM
I just HATE socks with sandles period! Ewwww
In fact...not into sandles on men at all. Most men do not take care of their feet well enough for that.
 AStableWoman
Msg: 8 (view)

Scams. Nigerians, Russians ETC.
Posted: 2/3/2007 10:54:44 AM
As this is the only dating site I use, I have no idea how to answer your question but did want to say that I have had a "questionable" contact. A friend of mine that also uses this site has as well. We both are educated people and know better than to go along with anything that is requested. But should I have anything substantial, I would be glad to pass it along to you if you wish.

AStableWoman
 AStableWoman
Msg: 123 (view)

so what is it that men really want?????
Posted: 2/2/2007 5:51:49 AM
and here I thought you guys would be serious!
when you find women like you say you want, why do you run like hell?

HB2....I have the same question. This is the one thing I truly do NOT understand.

They tell you that you are all they want, all they have ever wanted and then "poof"....gone. And no, I don't change, I don't turn into a ****, ask them to change, make demands or change the ground rules. I am up front from the start, what you see is what you get and I am consistant and devoted when I feel good about the relationship. Do their desires change that much? Help me.

AStableWoman
 AStableWoman
Msg: 1 (view)

What do YOU do to keep the fire burning in a long-term relationship?
Posted: 12/28/2006 3:40:25 AM
I am curious about how others handle what tends to be a big problem as a relationship goes on. So many times I hear and see that people lose that extra spark and the relationship gets routine or dull. Although every day can not be a "bed of roses", and life does get in the way at times, I am willing to bet that some of you have some good ideas about keeping things fresh and alive! I would love it if you would share that with the rest of us.

I ask in part because I was married for 19 years and I would have to say that half of it was very mundane. I refuse to let that happen again.

Thanks,
AStableWoman
 AStableWoman
Msg: 6 (view)

I thought it was only in my dreams.
Posted: 12/24/2006 2:00:47 PM
Dear love_more,

I read your profile.....and if he had a sister I would send her your way! He sure was brought up "right". I am so lucky and trust me, your day is coming.

I think it happens for all of us....just not as quickly as we might want. But I also believe timing is everything. I can't say that if he and I had met years ago it would have worked. The fact is that all the crap he and I have been through (divorces), all the learning and years of life experiences, is what prepared us for each other. We came together knowing exactly what we want and what we don't want from a mate, knowing what is most important and having the same goals. Neither one of us had any desire to waste time and play games. I can honestly say, I would go through hell again if I knew it would lead me to him.

AStableWoman

AStableWoman
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 12/22/2006 3:12:55 AM
ewok123,

You need to pay better attention. We did not tell each other we loved each other on day one.

What right do you have to tell someone they don't know what love is? Maybe YOU don't know what it is.

The man I met here is the love of my life! It has been wonderful. No games, no lines, just pure honesty is the approach we both used that got us to this point. You should try it sometime. And as for needy, you don't have a clue how NOT needy either one of us is. This is the result of being very secure in ones self, happy, and willing to wait for the right one to come along.

We will give you an update in about 20 years, or better yet, give us your address so we can send you a Christmas card and let you know how WE are doing.

AStableWoman
 AStableWoman
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 12/22/2006 2:55:14 AM
Yup....another one! Why would it make you sick to see people happy? Maybe the reason you have been on here for years and found nothing is that lovely attitude of yours!

AStableWoman
 AStableWoman
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 12/9/2006 4:11:11 AM
Charlie,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I just wanted to add....it was his first day on POF.
Within hours we were talking on the phone. Pretty neat stuff!

Cheryl
 AStableWoman
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 12/7/2006 3:07:57 PM
On day three with POF, I recieved an email that has forever changed my life. The most wonderful man came into my life and let me realize my dreams of a life time. Me, the all time "skeptic" is no more. I didn't see this coming, was not looking for it by any means as I had become an unbeliever of true, undying love. What a surprise for me. We met on day two and yes...it was love at first sight. The moment I looked into this mans eyes I knew I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life. He has proffessed his love to me as well. It feels like we are meant to be together and I have not known this much joy with another person in my whole entire life. All I can say is "Thank you" to my friend "Tembie" for telling me about POF, and to POF for providing a free, easy to use, and safe dating site. My future is going to be so much brighter now. Barrie, I love you with all my heart!
Cheryl
 AStableWoman
Msg: 13 (view)

I found my best friend, lover, my husband...here
Posted: 12/5/2006 5:46:32 AM
Tembie, I am so happy for you and I love the pics. You are very lucky! I also want to thank you for pestering me to join....so glad I did! Catch you on chat later. Your friend, Cheryl

Show ALL Forums