Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Stressed out 24/7 single mom
 hottootsie
Msg: 9 (view)

Stressed out 24/7 single mom
Posted: 3/28/2012 10:16:18 PM
I know how you feel. I was working dead end jobs so I could support myself and my son. I was injured on the job and was let go. At the time it was hard, but I put my plans for going back to school in motion and now I am working on my bachelors degree and will graduate in a year. I love children so I am doing a double major in Early Childhood and Elementary Education to improve my chances for employment. I tried moving away, but family issues pulled me back and now I am concentrating on my son and school while looking for work in our small town.

Trust me going back to school was the best thing for me and my son. It gave me confidence and hope for the future. I try to get out of the house for a few hours once a week and just focus on me even if I just take a walk or walk around wal-mart and try on clothes. Do what makes you happy. Like the saying goes if mama ain't happy ain't no one happy. It is so true. Being happy with yourself is the first step in leading a happy life and providing a positive role model for your daughter. Good Luck in whatever you decide to do.
 hottootsie
Msg: 10 (view)

Silent Sex
Posted: 2/26/2009 1:19:12 PM
Don't feel bad, I have always been quiet during sex, too. I am not silent, but I am quiet. I moan and breathe quietly. I guess I used to be a little more vocal, but now that I am a mother I have gotten a bit quieter. Its not a big thing, my partner knows I am enjoying him. I smile and touch him often. There are several signs that show enjoyment you just have to watch for them.
 hottootsie
Msg: 426 (view)

Would you date someone who is on welfare?
Posted: 3/24/2007 9:32:16 PM
I have been on welfare and it was not because i didn't want to work it was because i was not making enough money to live on after i had my son. There was nothing wrong with saying i needed a little help. After i found a better paying job and could support myself and my son i went off of it. I have a problem with people that use the system, but if you just need a little help then there is nothing wrong with it.
 hottootsie
Msg: 709 (view)

Can men and women be friends without sex?
Posted: 3/24/2007 9:23:39 PM
Yes men and women can be friends without having sex. Most of my friends are males and I have not had sex with any of them. I think being friends with the other gender gives you a little insight into how they think. Plus there are some things that I can do with my guy friends that I can't with my girlfriends.
 hottootsie
Msg: 132 (view)

would anyone acept a wedding proposal after knowing eachother for only one week?
Posted: 3/24/2007 9:06:56 PM
it just depends on the person. some can meet someone and know that same day that they will marry that person. I think that if it feels right you just have to take a chance and give your all. yes there might be rough times but if your both willing to work on it then things will work out. I have felt like that and unfortunately with our situation it didn't work out but i knew after a few days that i could marry that person and be happy for the rest of my life.
 hottootsie
Msg: 38 (view)

How do I handle the question..where is my daddy? or why don't I have a daddy too?
Posted: 2/11/2007 5:05:38 PM
That is what I tell my 5 yo son too, AliSmith. It is working for now but I know I am going to have to have an answer that gives more info in the future.
 hottootsie
Msg: 105 (view)

what do u think of a single dad...
Posted: 2/11/2007 4:50:22 PM
Being a single mom, I have had the same things happen to me. You meet someone and they know that you have a child and are ok with that for a time. Then they change their mind. Its just too much work for them or they are not ready for such a commitment. I know that you are thinking what commitment, but there is a commitment to dating a single parent. Its a commitment of understanding and caring and maybe some moral support when things get rocky with the kids. If they are not parents how can they understand the awsome responsibility of being both mother and father, when the other parent is not in the picture. Yes I would date a single dad and in fact I am Saturday night.
 hottootsie
Msg: 86 (view)

Your first time:Was it memorable or forgetable?
Posted: 2/10/2007 5:31:11 PM
mostly forgetable I was 16 and it was with one of my best friends. over in 2 mins and he was supposed to be so good too, from everyone i had heard from. lol
 hottootsie
Msg: 108 (view)

What is your biggest turn on
Posted: 2/10/2007 4:38:29 PM
My biggest turn on's are a great back massage with some nibbles on the back of my neck.
A great kisser. Great ass in a pair of form fitting jeans. Eyes and a great smile.
 hottootsie
Msg: 2 (view)

Someone Somewhere
Posted: 2/8/2007 6:22:05 PM
beautiful and inspiring thoughts
 hottootsie
Msg: 55 (view)

barest boldest deepest daring lines of love
Posted: 2/8/2007 6:18:46 PM
sitting here all alone
waiting
my ears are straining
waiting
my heart in my eyes
waiting
for your touch
to set my soul fly free

one look from you is all i need
to melt down to my knees
my heart is beating
breath is panting
i'm shivering

i've been waiting so long
your touch
just there
sets me spinning
up above the clouds
into the atmosphere

i return to your arms
your smile
your love

waiting

waiting no more
just a touch and i am there
where i have never been before
yearning it seems for years

pieces of me
fit with pieces of you
at last we are one
whole
 hottootsie

Just something I picked up
Posted: 2/7/2007 7:22:09 PM
Been there felt it all didn't get the let's just be friends thing just silence. I didn't even get the t-shirt. lol I have to laugh about it now when I remember how stupid I behaved afterward.
 hottootsie

~When Life Get's Confusing...Just Smile & Nod~
Posted: 2/7/2007 6:57:30 PM
those are great. no matter how many times i hear them they always make me smile.

Show ALL Forums