Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Trends, patterns and clichés
 MyGoodness39
Msg: 7 (view)

Trends, patterns and clichés
Posted: 4/26/2013 7:31:14 AM
I put in Killing Houseplants as one of my interests.

And first Date...asking for Diet Water with a serious face.
 MyGoodness39
Msg: 113 (view)

How are you finding this site for dates?
Posted: 4/26/2013 7:22:37 AM
Sorry to hear that Miss Election. It sounds awkward all right. I would leave it and move on..
 MyGoodness39
Msg: 3 (view)

Wow I have met a scammer....let me share the signs with you
Posted: 4/26/2013 7:07:33 AM
Scamwarners can help if you suspect a scammer.

They are normally men pretending to be women and use girls to do the phonecalls.

If they get your email address be ready for some serious spam.

They can work you as a group and boy I mean 24/7

However scam baiters can work them also and really put them through the hoops.
 MyGoodness39
Msg: 2 (view)

Seeking Profile Review Please
Posted: 4/26/2013 6:25:14 AM
Hi
The profile is not too bad at all, and easy to read. But it probably only catch a specific type of lady.

Maybe a few new photos as the half shirtless one is not the best.

Good Luck
 MyGoodness39
Msg: 5 (view)

AN IRISH GHOST STORY
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:24:15 AM
A really good one. Made me laugh!
 MyGoodness39
Msg: 11 (view)

new photo and brand new profile what do you all think?
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:22:01 AM
I love your photo's and you do have a lovely smile. How about getting a few more.
 MyGoodness39
Msg: 8 (view)

Email address on profile twice - scammer?
Posted: 4/26/2013 4:54:25 AM
There is a site called scamwarners, where you can cross check the email address or any other details. It is great and they are very helpful also.
 MyGoodness39

Suggestions are welcome
Posted: 4/26/2013 4:50:10 AM
Hi
Did you change the profile because it is nice and easy to read. Lose some of the interests as there is a lot. Now go get some pictures because those monkeys are running off with all the lovely ladies, who should be contacting you.

P.S I am packing my bags and off to Canada.
 MyGoodness39

In need of expert opinion!
Posted: 4/25/2013 9:20:10 AM
You are in the Military...Now you should have some really funny stories to tell. Also the photo's, like the others said, get some more, and pick the best ones. If only I WHERE 20 YEARS YOUNGER....SIGN
 MyGoodness39

Profile help, please
Posted: 4/25/2013 9:09:19 AM
Hi

1. Thats my kitchen in your photo...lol

2. You are pretty and I liked your profile.

3. The pictures are nice and your doing fine. But the headline with love in it needs to change...

Thats it
 MyGoodness39

Could I have a review please? :)
Posted: 4/24/2013 9:25:25 AM
You have made a very grave mistake. You have a women in your pics. Now get a camera, a friend and get a few outside fresh pictures of yourself from around where you live.

Once we get the photo's right we can jig the profile.
 MyGoodness39
Msg: 4 (view)

Be Gentle
Posted: 4/24/2013 9:21:07 AM
Hi

You live in a beautiful country, Take a few outdoor pictures, natural ones. It peaks an interest from the ladies and put captions on them.

Now delete most stuff to do with games...

Ask a few friends in real life, what would they say about you at your funeral...You may get a few hints. lol

We will get there, we are not there yet, but we will get there.
 MyGoodness39

possible scam, just can't see how...
Posted: 4/24/2013 9:07:31 AM
Guys, not all of them are girls. They are what is called yahoo boys, working out of internet cafes and building up a dossier of email addy's, phone numbers etc. If they need a girl to phone you, they will hire a girl or use there mother, wife or sister.
 MyGoodness39
Msg: 13 (view)

dating scams what are they
Posted: 5/23/2012 3:56:56 AM
It took me 6 weeks to read the whole saga of Anus Laptops from scambaiting.com. as recommended by a another poster here.

It was so funny, I recommend when listening to some of the Audio's, not to have hot tea/coffee in your hand.

However, I would say to any one who has received a request for money,..Drop the person.

Visit scamwarners also.
 MyGoodness39

Any help?
Posted: 2/22/2012 5:16:34 AM
It is a good profile, but you are looking to date and nothing serious. I would change that.

You use up a few lines on having a laugh with mates yet your profile needs a catcy opener to portray this. Get witty with your ditty's...
 MyGoodness39

Review my profile!
Posted: 2/22/2012 5:09:41 AM
Take out the part about your previous relationships.
I have very little else to say, but give me a while, and I will come back to you.
 MyGoodness39

Back to try again... let me know how it looks.
Posted: 2/6/2012 9:41:49 AM
Brillant profile picture...
 MyGoodness39

Back to try again... let me know how it looks.
Posted: 2/6/2012 7:24:20 AM
I got as far as the third paragraph and found it difficult to read, so hence I skipped to the date bit.

What you need to do is break down the profile.

First paragraph should be a catchy introduction, a few lines.

Main body should consist of about 3 paragraphs, short and sweat.

Your ending should include what type of woman you would like to date. In your case, it would be someone who likes the outdoors etc.

A few things to put in the main body, Family, Job and places you like to visit. A general music taste and books or movies if you are in to them.

Oh, you need a better profile pic although all your pictures are great but you are hiding yourself in your main one.
 MyGoodness39

Any advice would be great
Posted: 2/6/2012 6:28:37 AM
Needs a small bit of filling out and a good catchy opener. Introduce yourself and if you can a bit of humour.
 MyGoodness39

So after being inactive for quite a while I rewrote my profile.
Posted: 2/6/2012 4:17:47 AM
Hi. Just rearrange the opening paragraph.
Hi my name is........Keep it.

I came from Norway....Good keep it

But rearrange about the rain and weather. You could say. I moved away from Norway to escape the awful weather, but it followed me here.
 MyGoodness39

How does my profile look
Posted: 2/6/2012 2:06:42 AM
I am sorry, but it needs a bit of work in the grammar area. Also there is a basic area which would possibly see you having a very small fish pool and that is due to your drug taking.

As I live on the other side of the Atlantic and come from a different background, I will live this profile for other's to bite into.
 MyGoodness39

How did mine come out?
Posted: 2/6/2012 2:00:54 AM
It is a good profile just needs tweaking.

Firstly you have travelled the world. Mention your favourite place .

Secondly Omit the fact that you have not met someone, that's why we are all here.

Introduce yourself in your opening paragraph. Be catchy to get a lady's attention.

Best of Luck
 MyGoodness39

Please Review - Feedback appreciated
Posted: 2/6/2012 1:41:14 AM
Hi
Well firstly it is a little short and maybe a few more pictures. Tell us more about yourself and use a short paragraph style, one or two lines will be enough.

Just a few point's. You live in a very interesting place, use that to your advantage. What did you do as a child. Family and genealogy is also good as is something about work. Use everything to promote yourself and happy fishing.
 MyGoodness39

Please revierw my profile.
Posted: 2/4/2012 9:15:24 AM
Loved the end...wink. How about a few more photo's ! What about family?

It is a good profile overall.
 MyGoodness39

profile review pleasee! comments appreciated
Posted: 2/4/2012 9:11:12 AM
Hi

I have about 2 min's before I head to Dublin, so I have to be quick. Your main profile picture is not the best. Ask your sister's to take a load of really nice photo's of you, dressed nice..then casual and upload them . Make sure that whatever you wear is with a good bra. Us busty ladies need to be measured constantly and wear appropriate bra's. It's a pain but worth it.

Next you need to look at your profile. It is interesting but long. Remember you need to capture that fella with a good catchy profile that is postive and fun to read. I bet you are good fun and have great friends so ask for their opinions also. I put in very short paragraphs (You can read mine) and although it tells the viewer alot about me, it does it in a subtle way.

Best of Luck
 MyGoodness39

A review would be appreciated :-)
Posted: 2/4/2012 6:51:48 AM
I agree with Lioness but you also need a catchy opener. Have a look at mine, and if there anything in there you would like to borrow, go a head, but return it if you get Mr Right.
 MyGoodness39

Ladies Review please...
Posted: 2/4/2012 6:06:47 AM

Bad Form by the OP.
 MyGoodness39
Msg: 6 (view)

Just want a friendly review!
Posted: 2/4/2012 5:28:36 AM
Hi. It is interesting in parts. What do you teach? The opening is catchy but lacks a bit of oomph.

I am not at my best for reviewing at the moment. I have bad man flu and chest infection. So I am going to bump this up for some of the other reviews to give a little input.
 MyGoodness39

Input appreciated
Posted: 2/4/2012 5:11:44 AM
Agree with the above and above above. There is no flow to the profile. It does not project the real you. Think of a few things you would say to a lady the first time you meet.

You would always say Hello, I am ....

And work at it from there.
 MyGoodness39
Msg: 10 (view)

Requesting review and comments to improve my profile
Posted: 2/4/2012 5:04:34 AM
The lady in the photograph should warrant a caption. If it is your Mom, then I want to know her secret to looking so young.

I would add a little bit more into your profile.
 MyGoodness39

Still not working...
Posted: 2/4/2012 4:21:13 AM
Great profile, Great Picture's and you found Nemo....That is a bonus. What are your initial contact messages like?
 MyGoodness39

Seeking some help with this
Posted: 2/4/2012 4:06:09 AM
You need a catchy opener. Something that reflect's you and has a little bit of humour in it.
 MyGoodness39

Profile Help
Posted: 2/4/2012 3:07:17 AM
Hi,
Your profile is OK but needs a bit of work. Your opening line needs to be deleted and replaced with something catchy.

You spent your early years in Pakistan. Develop that..That could be really interesting.

Your headline ..last try, needs to be replaced.

I would leave out your weekend work and chat about your main job. It sounds interesting.
 MyGoodness39
Msg: 9 (view)

Review my profile pleasee
Posted: 2/4/2012 2:17:26 AM
Ha Ha Ryan. Spilled my coffee from Laughing!!!
 MyGoodness39
Msg: 9 (view)

Help, help, please help!
Posted: 2/4/2012 2:15:33 AM
Love it. Very nice, personal and the opening line is very funny.

A Big well done!!!!xxx
 MyGoodness39

What do you think?
Posted: 2/3/2012 10:57:10 AM
It makes sense to me Ryan, as we know you, and you are trying to say it in a nice way and be gentle.

But the OP may not see that this is your Brand of Humour, However what Ryan may be trying to say is...We need to rough your profile up a bit. Is this the first profile we have roughed up while normally we are toning them down.
 MyGoodness39

Is My Profile Flawed?
Posted: 2/3/2012 10:47:46 AM
It is very long and I got lost finding my way out...However you are 20 and I will leave the review to the younger group.
 MyGoodness39

Help, help, please help!
Posted: 2/3/2012 10:33:39 AM
Hi. Overall it is a good profile but needs tweaking.

Your introduction...Hi...Get rid of anything to do with stopping by etc.

I really liked the part where you chatted about your mum. You should move that paragraph up a little as it is very important.

Delete this... I believe this is the part where I need to tell you all about myself. Grab your attention, have you start learning what a one of a kind man I am! However, I am not going to tell you too much. After all that is what a good conversation is for ;)

Keep this..I will say that I am a relatively easygoing and mild mannered kind of guy. I like to have fun. It makes the mundane tasks in life tolerable.

Most days you will find me in jeans and a t-shirt. Some may describe me as low maintenance. Do not let that fool you though, I do clean up well and can be as sexy as the next.

I grew up in small towns north of Milwaukee… Therefore, I am a small town guy. The hustle and bustle of the metropolitan city is not my first choice of places.

I lost my mother many years ago. Sadly, she has been gone from my life longer then I was able to enjoy her in it. Therefore, family is very important to me. I enjoy spending time with the family I have when I can. I look forward to one day having a family of my own. Making them a top priority and treasuring every moment!

When I said I was “one of a kind”, these are some of the reasons why… I cook, clean, do laundry, wash the dishes and all the other “fun” stuff involved in taking care of a home. Unbelievably I even SEW. Yes, I said it I sew.

I am sweet and romantic. I will open the door for you, hold your purse while shopping, carry in the groceries and give you a kiss just because. I can also be a silver tongue devil when the situation calls for it.

But move it around a bit, putting like paragraphs closer together.

For example, Start about your childhood, move on to your Mum, what you wear normally, next about that you can cook etc and then move on to the para about holding a door etc.
 MyGoodness39
Msg: 29 (view)

Please Review My Profile Updated 2/03/2012
Posted: 2/3/2012 9:42:57 AM
Oh, I see Ryan...Trickle...I was thinking something very different....sorry bad girl, bad girl....lol

Bigtrikal, I always try to reply but sometimes it becomes impossible or the message is not that nice.

However in your situation, It is deflating to take the time and message someone and not get a reply.
 MyGoodness39
Msg: 10 (view)

Please read my profile
Posted: 2/3/2012 9:15:28 AM
We are getting there. Now we need to soften it up a little. Bullet points seem severe where as short paragraphs are easier on the eye. We need to open up with a catchy line or paragraph that shows who you are.

Give me a few minutes to think of something.

first Paragraph, introduce yourself...Hi, my name is .......and I am a hard working business woman who likes nothing better than to potter around the garden in my down time or spend some time stargazing.
 MyGoodness39

review
Posted: 2/3/2012 9:01:30 AM
Break up the paragraphs. It is very difficult to read.
 MyGoodness39
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 2/3/2012 8:51:11 AM
Bigtrikal....bigtrikal....He has a big tricycle!!!

Surely he is a bit old to be riding a tricycle.????

Oh Doh
 MyGoodness39
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 2/3/2012 8:06:44 AM
It is great when someone comes back and say's Thank You. It show's you have lovely manners and are polite.

Thanks for the Thanks....
 MyGoodness39

Please read my profile
Posted: 2/3/2012 7:45:38 AM
Hi
Nice to meet you. There is a lot in your profile, but it seem's very picky. I do not wish to be harsh, but I guess guy's will see it as off putting.

What your looking for my be very difficult to catch, but would you date a guy who was not religious or liked a glass of wine on Saturday's night's with his dinner.

I have only sent 2 email's to guy's on this site, one because he had a very funny profile and some great picture's and the other because of his brilliant profile picture. Other than that, I spend a good deal of time replying to all the email's I receive. Most women would be in a similar situation here.

Finally the picture of you in the red dress is terrific. It really suits you and you should wear red more especially in your photo's.
 MyGoodness39

Review Please!
Posted: 2/3/2012 7:34:21 AM
Ok..it is not bad, needs Tweaking.

You say.. So finding someone with the same goals and aspirations is a must.....What are your goals and aspirations? As I reach one goal, I change and reach for a new one. How can 2 people in a relationship have the same goal's. They may have similar career's in which they follow different goal's.

Take out the part about getting xxxxfaced at a bar. You could say that although you like a beer, one or two is enough and you would like to meet a lady with a similar idea.

You also say Family is important. Develop that. Chat about what you like to do together.
 MyGoodness39
Msg: 8 (view)

A new-ish user after constructive criticism!
Posted: 2/3/2012 7:22:16 AM
Hi all

I am joining you Lioness

OP Have you fixed the profile yet!
 MyGoodness39

A new-ish user after constructive criticism!
Posted: 2/3/2012 6:46:13 AM
Oh Dear...Oh Dear....Oh Dear....

I am very sorry, but it is awful. The first 2 paragraphs, all rants and references to bad spelling's must be removed. You need to start from scratch.
 MyGoodness39

Married 10 times and still remaining a Virgin
Posted: 2/3/2012 5:39:20 AM
Good One Lioness!!!
 MyGoodness39
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 2/3/2012 3:53:55 AM
Put the dinner bit under the passionate bit.
 MyGoodness39

What do you think?
Posted: 2/3/2012 3:15:53 AM
Hi
Well its the picture. You need to change it, glasses off, glasses on, smiling, relaxed.

Start with that then someone else will help you as I have to get going. HOUSEWORK is calling.

Show ALL Forums