Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Happily ever after
 green_jello44
Msg: 86 (view)

Happily ever after
Posted: 12/15/2014 10:34:33 PM
I've decided I don't want to be in a live in relationship anymore, because I don't want to inhibit farting.......I almost blew up once.....
 green_jello44
Msg: 4 (view)

random 5 songs from ipod
Posted: 5/8/2013 9:45:21 AM
random
1. pantera - heresy
2. hole - celebrity skin
3. air - kelly watch the stars
4. korn - beat it up right
5. morcheeba - the edge capitol
 green_jello44
Msg: 789 (view)

u can't have a platonic friendship with opposite sex
Posted: 5/8/2013 9:25:56 AM

I always say, unless it's the same as 1st cousin -- for both parties -- where they wouldn't jump on each other given the chance & single .... don't have a close 1-on-1 friendship with that person when you're Dating someone
- This thread is absurd, please end it on the grounds of insanity! I have many friends, half of them are women, and we all have lives. I have one female friend for 30 years, we've both been married, single, brought up kids, but as close as we are, we've never had the chemistry to get together, and we are both hot. Its not a big deal, the chemistry to get sexual is either there or its not, not matter how attractive they are.
I am also friends with some girls I used to date, I put them in the friendzone because i didn't see myself in a relationship with them, but they were still really fun people to have as friends, is that really so bizarre? I'm sure my girlfriend has a ton of guy friends, but I don't worry about that for a second, because believe it or not you can actually trust some people, so its not an issue.
And finally, if your single, having platonic women friends is great practice in cultivating your player skills, and it will never hurt you in finding new women either......do you want to hang with girls, or hang with guys wishing you knew girls? your choice.........

GJ
 green_jello44
Msg: 20 (view)

Why do smokers feel they can just throw their cigarette butts anywhere they want to?
Posted: 5/7/2013 3:06:36 PM
I love smoking, I have two a day, one in the morning with my tea, and one after work for destressing. I think its disgusting when someone goes out to smoke, then comes back to the poker table and exhales it all over, and e-cigs are even more retarded, just effin quit.
Having said all that, throwing it out the window is a big no no, somebody did that a week ago, and burned all the hills around my town, all the way to the ocean and back, 30,000 acres........just say no to chuckin it :(
 green_jello44
Msg: 42 (view)

My Boyfriend's Dog
Posted: 5/7/2013 2:27:10 PM
Most dogs are emotionally retarded, just like their owners.
 green_jello44
Msg: 6 (view)

How does one let things go?
Posted: 5/7/2013 2:24:20 PM
She apologized and said the only reason she did that was because she didn't 100% trust me and think I was being honest about only dating her at the time. - so basically she turned the blame on you, after you were sincere about being exclusive.

Either way, I feel cool for telling her how I felt. - sucker.......she must be hot for you to act so weak.
 green_jello44
Msg: 2 (view)

How does one let things go?
Posted: 5/7/2013 1:37:28 PM
women have so many options, she thought she might do better than you......now you still have to gauge if she's stringing you along, until the pof grass is greener scenario takes place again......
 green_jello44
Msg: 34 (view)

Soo I feel like I want to cry but somehow I cant even get my eyes to respond
Posted: 5/6/2013 4:48:02 PM
1. Get an orange jumpsuit
2. Wait for the spaceship
 green_jello44
Msg: 41 (view)

Good guys finish last
Posted: 4/24/2013 1:16:57 PM
newsflash, the nice guys are winning! Myself and others are doing quite well. Now the bad news, you are what you are, and there's really nothing you can do to change it, so live it, be it, and find someone who wants it. If you're not a butthead, or don't have the "look", you can't fake it, so just be nice, if that is what you are, and figure out the game.
 green_jello44
Msg: 42 (view)

Common Interests
Posted: 4/24/2013 1:05:47 PM

Miss Wooby you have a good point with your post. I was just thinking back when young, I never met a boy wondering what his interests or his commonalities with me were. We just met and dated. Found out things about each other as we went along having fun! Thing is with dating sites and preferences, I think they preclude us from meeting some great folks if we let it.
- spot on, and this is one reason why dating sites don't work. Some people sell themselves short, and some oversell themselves......why the f is wine tasting a hobby? I actually walk on the beach, where are the throngs of women who say they walk on the beach? If a woman likes to zip line while bungee jumping and whitewater rafting in 20 different countries, I'm not messaging her.......less is more, and differences are sexy.
 green_jello44
Msg: 18 (view)

Advice for a pick me up
Posted: 4/24/2013 12:49:58 PM
1. sounds like your having problems because you're dating young guys who only want sex.
2. You obviously aren't giving up, you can't even if you tried, you just feel like you want to.
3. Get used to it, you're going to get hit on your whole life because of the way you look, take control of the situation and pick what you want, that is if you know what you want.
4. Not trying because of a bloody nose is foolish, never quit, and expect shit to happen many more times, deal with it, welcome to reality.
5. Marriage or any relationship is a leap of faith, there is no warranty and no drivers manual, just be smart and pick wisely up front.
6. Good luck to you.
 green_jello44
Msg: 13 (view)

Do we lose our passion for music with age ?
Posted: 2/14/2013 3:08:03 PM

But gone are the days when I wouldn't be caught dead listening to Call Me Maybe if it came on the radio. I love that song, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. It's awfully liberating to be able to admit it.
- now thats what I'm talking about! When you get unlimited, the whole spectrum opens up, electronic becomes ok, country even becomes ok, a good song is a good song.......I even like Sarah Brightman (opera).......shit did i just admit that?
 green_jello44
Msg: 22 (view)

Matchmaker reality show host meets boyfriend here
Posted: 2/14/2013 8:28:19 AM
Its funny, I saw her on my radar quite a bit, so I messaged her and said "Patti what the heck are you doing in this shithole?" she actually looked at my profile, but didn't message back.....I can't imagine why the sight of me didn't make her weak in the knees :P
 green_jello44
Msg: 32 (view)

A recent profile question asked Will you date someone that has BBW or A few extra pounds selected?
Posted: 2/12/2013 8:42:47 AM
I'm totally pissed.....they ask questions that will pidgeon hole you and you can't edit your profile until you answer it.....so just to be open i said yes and now when i look at my "online" screen i get nothing but bbw's! If there is no way to change it i guess i have to delete my profile. i am absolutely fuming, my entire screen is bbw's after i answered a couple extra pounds would be ok, as if dating wasn't already a nightmare, thanx poooof

no Jim, i don't know what controls the "online" screen, but it typically shows me women of interest in my area, I'm well aware of the regulars i should see on it, and today its a shocking display of people i've never seen before...i guess i can go without this feature, but it was very useful for me when i was logged in to pof, unbelievable.
 green_jello44
Msg: 21 (view)

Valentines Day-A time to not reflect on better times...
Posted: 2/12/2013 8:16:21 AM
Why would you go somewhere to keep up appearances? Why would flowers cost $200?.......is gift giving on xmas any different?
Anyway, I read another thread, and most of the women said vd didn't matter, so the forumanatti have spoken. So lets recap
1. No dinner on a first date
2. Coupons are ok on a first date
3. Don't be nice
4. Don't ever buy flowers
5. VD doesn't matter

I find it amazing that everything I know is wrong, one hell of a bubble I must live in.......
 green_jello44
Msg: 13 (view)

cant take rejection?
Posted: 2/11/2013 7:06:03 PM
I love rejection, its like lifting weights, if it doesn't burn, you're not progressing.....
 green_jello44
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 2/11/2013 2:47:15 PM
good point Dan, but you forgot autotune! I was watching the grammy's and they had a feature on all the schools for musicians and what not, I guess the machine spawns technically proficient musicians, but are they less creative as a result? I can't imagine a band like yes forming from a bunch of berklee grads, the whole freak factor is gone(dream theater)....singers voted into existance off tv shows, or the disney incubator just have to be lacking some of the magic that came from garages.....
 green_jello44
Msg: 287 (view)

What makes a woman over 40 sexy?
Posted: 2/11/2013 2:18:16 PM
I think what makes a woman over 40 sexy, is whats on the inside.......especially if its me.
 green_jello44
Msg: 16 (view)

Just another Capitalist Holiday to me..........
Posted: 2/11/2013 1:58:07 PM
I'm bored today so I'm gonna take you on;

The problem with VD is that now, Its nothing more then a way to sale more jewelry and flowers. If you watch TV they keep mentioning that if you love her then buy her this or that to show her how much. All the romance that were supposed to be there is taken completely out of the holiday.
- well you can look at the commercial aspect of it, but really is it such a big deal to show the VD love once a year? The media has nothing to do with how romantic my relationship is.

Now it feel like nothing more then a way to make the guys feel guilty if they don't buy something to impress the girls they are dating. As if its the only way we can show her that we love her. If you don't buy anything for her then you don't love her.
- there are certain things in life you better not fck up.....your taxes, your job, and you better not forget VD day or you're in deep shit....accept it, know it, be it.

Wonder how many couples break up or get in fights cause the guy didn't meet her expectation or done the wrong thing to impress her. Or how many women dicided that its a sign from a guy that he does not love them cause he didn't go out of his way to impress her??? I know that many women would compare notes later on. To see who's guy did what for VD ... Of course many times they would try to impress the other girls which how much a guy loves them.
- I don't roll with women that would do stuff like that, I compete with no one.

Did anyone else notice, But I didn't see one advertisment geared toward women. All of it is geared toward men to buy jewelry (Mostly), chocolate and send flowers from the big name companies for women.
Didn't see even one thing said about what a woman should buy the guy for VD.
- Have you ever checked out wedding rings? The girl gets this massive expensive rock while the guy gets a stupid little band.......all I know is life isn't always fair, but ya got to step up.......last year I took my girl to dinner, then gave her a necklace because I wanted to, because I loved her that much, then I banged her for 5 hours to further show my love.

There is nothing romantic about this holiday. Maybe I'm wrong and I don't have the right idea of what romance is..
I don't need VD to tell me when to bring flowers or invite a GF out to eat just cause I want to invite her out. I can think for my self thank you very much.
- yeah maybe you can use your coupons!
 green_jello44
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 2/11/2013 8:21:09 AM
Not me either, there is an endless supply of great stuff. I really don't care if an artist has an album of great songs, I just collect great songs. Music is all around me, I heard an amazing dubstep song and green day song at the bowling alley, great old school hip hop I never heard, in my rental car, new alt on tv commercials, fantastic downtempo on internet radio, traditional top 40 radio, at the club I hear great country tunes I gotta have.......enless supply if you have your ear to the ground.
Having said that, and after watching the grammy's last night, I can no longer defend the state of popular music, its just puke.
 green_jello44
Msg: 136 (view)

Can Anyone Relate to Dating a Woman who is Bi-Polar?
Posted: 2/8/2013 3:01:24 PM
and somewhere between them lies the truth...........lesson for today, don't check her legs, check the eyes, yikes!
 green_jello44
Msg: 14 (view)

cant pick between 2 guys
Posted: 2/8/2013 10:13:56 AM
simple, pick the guy with the best weed!
 green_jello44
Msg: 44 (view)

How would u feel about 'DYKHMILY?
Posted: 2/7/2013 2:23:35 PM
I would just text back GTHYSI LMFAO
 green_jello44
Msg: 12 (view)

Giving advice to others
Posted: 2/7/2013 2:03:13 PM
The advice here is horrible, sending penis pics only works if they're older than 72!
 green_jello44
Msg: 56 (view)

so , I have this question all the time , why so many senior guys looking for younger Chinese laides
Posted: 2/7/2013 9:41:47 AM
God set out to provide well behaved women to the four corners of the earth.........then he made the world round.
 green_jello44

What are your opinions about dating someone that you met at a concert or rave?
Posted: 2/6/2013 2:47:43 PM

and it seems like people at raves and concerts are more friendly than people at bars and regular nightclubs
- of course they are , they're all on extasy!
 green_jello44
Msg: 138 (view)

ASKING FOR A KISS?
Posted: 2/6/2013 1:31:15 PM

One of my favorite moments is when she offers to pay part of the check... I will say something like, that's very sweet but I've got this and kiss her. She isn't expecting it at that point and if she is receptive to this kiss, the one at the car is going to be just awesome ;)

-now that is one classy smooth move, plus the setup, props! My God does everybody really get so much affection that a kiss is a big deal? Is this 1902 or something? I usually get a kiss from 95% of my first dates because I'm so groovy, the other 5% are retarded and can't wait to go home and get back on pof. Unless you really hate your date, give a little love, get a little love, it'll make the world a better place.
 green_jello44
Msg: 74 (view)

If your date used a 50% off coupon on your first date...
Posted: 2/6/2013 9:30:17 AM
The worlds gone mad.......I'm with tragically hip and stubidoooo, how in the world are you supposed to impress a woman these days, kick her in the face? In all the threads we've established, don't be nice (they get bored), don't buy flowers (they don't like that, and i would never do that anyway), don't buy dinner (they want to be able to quick eject), no kissing on the first date(what?) and now they think its cute if you use a coupon. How in the world did I get the effed up idea that buying dinner and seeing live music is the wrong thing to do? Because now you're afraid you "owe" me something? Well you do owe me something......interest. Thats right, after I persued you, messaged, called and obviously showed my interest, you now owe me some interest in return.....or not, thats fine.
Coupons? I still think its a shit move, but hey, half the women here are impressed by frugal economics the guy is showing, yay! The next thread will be "Guys with crappy cars rock"!
 green_jello44
Msg: 60 (view)

Money Investing Suggestions Wanted
Posted: 2/5/2013 11:25:14 AM
I don't agree with that at all. The same rules apply for dividend stocks as do for regular stocks. So if you stress out about watching your individual stocks (which you should) you should also stress out about watching your dividend producing stocks. - incorrect, dividend producing stocks are the most stable of equities, thus reducing risk, when bought at the right price (you failed to read that)

They are by no means immune to ups and downs and their dividend return is by no means guaranteed. In general, how good is it to get a 5% dividend return but lose 50% in your capital investment? --if you can read, I stated A. Buy it in a crash and B. at the right price so your dividend won't be wiped out due to loss in equity.

If you buy dividend producers you need the same insight as buying regular stocks or you will be stuck with duds. And since some people say dividend producers are well set for a crash because so many people are buying into them, why go there? ---as I said buy it in a crash at the right price, you need to focus. Most mutual funds are designed to include dividend stocks because they are not as volitile and they can reinvest the dividends into the fund as a float.

Why not take the time to learn how to buy a stock that will make you money and then use that knowledge in whatever the market gives you? - go ahead, take your retirement money and daytrade it, its a zero sum game, but hey, I know people who've never lost a trade or a game of poker......
 green_jello44
Msg: 58 (view)

Money Investing Suggestions Wanted
Posted: 2/5/2013 9:56:00 AM
What not to do;
1. Don't buy individual stocks, you need to be an experienced daytrader and you'll stress out watching it every day.....if you are talking about a large sum of money for retirement, its all about the least amount of risk.
2. Financial Advisors get 1.5% of your assets every year, whether the market goes up or down, I worked at Morgan Stanley as a broker for awhile, and was shocked to find out almost all advisors never shifted asset classes or looked out for the clients best interest, they just dump you into a fund, which might or might not get good returns.

One thing you might do;
Wait for another crash (unlikely because of the way they are propping the market) but if it happens, buy vanilla dividend stocks (at the right price!) like "T" hand over fist....that way you are getting a fixed 5%.......
 green_jello44
Msg: 52 (view)

Posted: 2/5/2013 9:12:31 AM
You people are cheap and classless, I would never waste a perfectly good coupon on a dame when we can get free handouts at costco.....
 Green_Jello44
Msg: 208 (view)

Courting?? does it exist??
Posted: 2/4/2013 3:20:31 PM
^^^^^ Have you ever asked anybody to "put the lotion in the basket"?

looks like you ride c street
 Green_Jello44
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 2/4/2013 3:01:51 PM
It will work as soon as I buy the Jag!
 Green_Jello44
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 2/4/2013 2:55:46 PM
Steve your question is fallacious, you're not allowed to buy dinner on the first date rule #12.....
 green_jello44
Msg: 9 (view)

How many dates should you go on?
Posted: 2/4/2013 10:58:40 AM
Holy crap, she's on track to date 286 men this year! I date two weeks out of each month, I need one week to date, and one week to recover....good or bad.....
 green_jello44
Msg: 583 (view)

Women with multiple cats - sign of mental illness?
Posted: 2/4/2013 9:02:38 AM
Talk about mental illness, why would anyone walk down the street holding a bag of warm dogshit?
 green_jello44
Msg: 4 (view)

how soon is now
Posted: 2/4/2013 8:50:19 AM
Funny you picked that tune, they never did anything else that sounded like it, but alot of their songs are brilliant, not so much because of morrisey, but because of the beautiful guitar work by Johnny Marr, its subtle and layered, but what a cool sound.....
 green_jello44
Msg: 168 (view)

Posted: 2/1/2013 3:13:23 PM
why would a man be so attracted to a bytch?
- for the same reason women are attracted to a jerk, I think its sexual in its nature, but maybe someone else can explain the psychology behind it.

The only time I buy flowers is if I'm in a long term committed relationship, and its valentines day....other than that its a buster move.

green_jello44
Msg: 164 (view)

Posted: 2/1/2013 2:32:29 PM

Because you know he will not want you! But you are intrigued? You must have a thing for him!! Am I right? You by some unforeseen force are wildly attracted to him aren't you?? But you can't figure out why? You come back time and time day after day, review every post he writes to you and yet, here you are! He continuously insults you doesn't he, yet here you are? He treats you like crap, yet here you are! Even your responses are short and really not even responses, and yet here you are!

Damn Mike is good, he's not even here and he's droppin technique.....this is a fine example of the theory, unbelievable (shakes head).......
 green_jello44
Msg: 163 (view)

Posted: 2/1/2013 2:13:38 PM
I suspect they both got their hair and nails done today after that catfight......reeeeeeer

first to page 10 yayee yayee
 green_jello44
Msg: 156 (view)

Posted: 2/1/2013 11:03:59 AM
If women could not get jobs, there would be no dating sites......now wake up and smell the coffee. It really isn't as bad as some of our more militant posters would lead you to believe, if I really allowed myself to think that way, I'd just buy a few cats. This site only partially reflects whats going on IRL. I know many fantastic nice women....the only thing that bothers me, is the general apathy they have as far as relationships, which RBS has already described. Adapt or perish, there's nothing you can do about the current female state, just deal with it.

"Do you love it, do you hate it, there it is the way ya made it, wild" - suzy creamcheese, zappa
 green_jello44
Msg: 153 (view)

Posted: 2/1/2013 9:46:58 AM

Gone are the days of me placing any value on their opinions as they have really just become a hate group hell bent on oppressing men as much as possible. They are no better than the nazis.
- I think women are pretty and nice.
 green_jello44
Msg: 49 (view)

Relationship Goals..
Posted: 1/31/2013 3:17:36 PM
I can't imagine a life of just waking up, going to work, eating, sleeping.. like, what's the point? Two people being incessantly bored? Lol.. it seriously doesn't compute.
- I want what sweetness has, someone who is sympatico. Are you talking about goals or a bucket list? Goals to me are hoops employers want you to jump through, just so they can justify your existance....I like the way life has unfolded just fine, I've acheived many things, but never consciously made them goals in the first place.....and anyway you sugarcoat it, we all eat, drink, sleep, and work everyday, that doesn't mean its boring, thats just silly....its what we do at night and time off that counts lol
 green_jello44
Msg: 19 (view)

Would you take in in your ex in a time of need?
Posted: 1/31/2013 3:02:32 PM
Yeah I'd help her out......but I would hide the knives.........
 green_jello44
Msg: 10 (view)

How important is a good sense of humor
Posted: 1/31/2013 11:46:00 AM
oh crap, I say let it rip, if they have limits they'll be no fun anyway......just don't tell them you farted on a cat.
 green_jello44

Matchmaker reality show host meets boyfriend here
Posted: 1/31/2013 11:20:26 AM
You know whats even stranger? She tells all the guys to stop thinking with their penis, and look at the person inside...meanwhile, the girls are there for the very fact that the guys have money, typical fem hypocracy.
 green_jello44
Msg: 3 (view)

How would you define Long Term Relationship? and What Does it Takes to Build One?
Posted: 1/31/2013 10:45:54 AM
How would you define "Long Term Relationship"? - one night
What Does it Takes to Build One? -one beer
 green_jello44
Msg: 139 (view)

Posted: 1/31/2013 8:53:29 AM
Good morning California shore! I love the smell of napalm in the morning........in our last show, the guys were avoiding grenades and looking for those that are dtf, while snooki and deena were ripping each other's hair out, what will today bring?

Supplicate is to humbly pray or beg for something. (verb)
When you get on your knees and pray or beg for something, this is an example of supplicate.
 green_jello44
Msg: 191 (view)

Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?
Posted: 1/30/2013 2:07:06 PM
Wow Hannah, post of the year, maybe best all -inclusive post ever!
 green_jello44
Msg: 121 (view)

Posted: 1/30/2013 11:46:30 AM
lol yeah tumuch it is heaven right? I actually work in your town, and i've ridden every trail from santa barbara to aliso viejo, gotta love the incredible shit up at rocky peak...., I need to know why the f they closed chuy's, any idea? I ate there for 24 years.....

Show ALL Forums