Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Stood Up and Total Disregard
 munchkin111
Msg: 25 (view)

Stood Up and Total Disregard
Posted: 5/14/2012 2:28:20 AM

I had one woman arrive about 15 minutes late, walked in, greeted me, then told me she had to go next door to get her oil changed. She'd be back in a jiffy.

Reminds me of a coffee meet I was going to have with a guy. He was there when I arrived, we chatted for 5 minutes, he then said he had to go to the loo, and he never came back. The way I think of it is that at least he showed his true colours straight up & I didn't waste any time on him.
 munchkin111
Msg: 8 (view)

How many on here have had a great First Date
Posted: 5/14/2012 2:18:10 AM
I had a great first date with a bloke I met on another site, and we're still together 3 months later & going great guns. We were both pretty nervous at the start, but once we both relaxed, it was fine (we'd been chatting online & via text message for a week prior to meeting). For the first date, we met up for lunch, then saw a movie, then went for a walk along the beach. It lasted 5 hours all up.
 munchkin111
Msg: 20 (view)

Heavy petting in semi-public places, LOL
Posted: 5/14/2012 12:46:03 AM
One of my exes & I had sex in quite a few public places - in a botanical gardens at night (and got busted in the process by a car driving past - they stopped to watch, lol), at a playground (again getting sprung, this time by 2 people walking past), in his car in a quiet street, in a disabled toilet, on the sand at a beach, in the water at the same beach, and at the movies.
 munchkin111
Msg: 2 (view)

A question for women and mens clothing.
Posted: 5/14/2012 12:33:47 AM
I agree with what scifichick said. I think that as long as you look neat (by that, I mean that your clothes are clean and not falling to bits), then whatever you're comfortable wearing is fine.
 munchkin111
Msg: 10 (view)

Weird reject messages?
Posted: 3/27/2012 7:58:00 PM
I once dated a guy from here, where things didn't work out (I'm the one who broke it off, & the guy concerned didn't take it very well), and he then created a fake account, where he then sent me a message on here. When I replied, he pretended he was a friend of said ex & said that I was nasty in the way I broke it off with my ex (I wasn't, and even my friends agreed with me when I asked them for their opinions on it), & that things wouldn't work out with us. He then blocked me, and after he blocked me, he put pics on his profile, which is when I discovered it was my ex's fake account.
 munchkin111
Msg: 22 (view)

worst way to get broken up with lol
Posted: 3/18/2012 3:52:26 AM
My soon-to-be-ex-husband broke it off by saying that he'd been unhappy for a while etc, but then, 6 months later, I received a message on facebook from him saying that he wanted us to pretend we separated earlier than we did so we could finalise our divorce sooner so he could go off & marry this woman that he'd left me for.
 munchkin111
Msg: 41 (view)

What is the worst way you were ever dumped?
Posted: 3/12/2012 5:46:03 AM
My soon-to-be-ex-husband dumped me for a woman he met on Facebook. What made it worse was the fact that he initially lied to me about his reason for ending the marriage. He initially said that he'd been unhappy for a while and thought he'd e happier out of the marriage. I had my suspicions that there was someone else in the picture, only to find out for sure 6 months later that my suspicions were correct (he messaged me on facebook wanting to pretend we'd separated earlier than we did so the divorce could be finalised earlier, so he could go & marry this other lady - here in Australia you have to be separated 12 months before you can do the divorce).
 munchkin111

One sided conversations
Posted: 2/26/2012 4:05:00 AM
Yes, I've been with a guy like that, and I found it very draining, to be perfectly honest. I think that if you can't have a decent conversation with them, perhaps it's better to find someone with whom you can...
 munchkin111
Msg: 6 (view)

No Money and Looking for Love
Posted: 2/10/2012 6:24:22 PM
Personally, I don't have an issue dating someone who doesn't have a lot of money. Personally, I'd rather be poor and happy than rich and unhappy. I think that anyone who judges you purely on how much money you make is very shallow and not worth your time.
 munchkin111

Is he Mr. Right..or just Mr. Right Now??
Posted: 2/3/2012 6:05:24 PM

Id much rather be on my own than waste my time with anyone who was not right for me.

Same with me - I don't understand why people stay with the wrong guy either...
 munchkin111

Leaving a marriage
Posted: 1/24/2012 7:30:41 PM
You're only now thinking of leaving your marriage, yet you've been a member here since 2009?!?! Hmmmm....
 munchkin111
Msg: 38 (view)

But I'm a Doctor!
Posted: 1/20/2012 4:33:21 PM
Reminds me of a guy I dated from another site recently - he was constantly going on about what a great guy he was, how he could be the best thing that ever happened to me, etc - meanwhile, he was the biggest control freak, was smothering me big time, and was expecting me to more or less change everything about me to suit him...
 munchkin111
Msg: 12 (view)

SHOCKED
Posted: 1/18/2012 3:53:17 AM
What the hell are you doing staying with such a bloke?!?! Honey, you can do so much better than this moron, and you deserve better!! Personally, I'd be kicking this guy to the curb...
 munchkin111

Crazy Girl That I Never Met (thank God!)
Posted: 1/17/2012 3:18:34 AM
She definetly sounds odd, that's for sure!! If she's like that by text, imagine what she's like in person...
 munchkin111
Msg: 202 (view)

worst date u went on
Posted: 1/15/2012 5:23:53 PM
I'd been chatting to a guy from another site, & we'd arranged to meet up for coffee. When I arrived (he arrived before me), we chatted for 5 minutes, he then said he had to go to the toilet, and he left & didn't come back. When I got home, I discovered he'd blocked me on facebook and on this other site we'd been chatting on. Charming!!
 munchkin111
Msg: 19 (view)

writes to me then blocks me...
Posted: 12/8/2011 9:49:04 PM

I have gotten emails and then tried to check the person's profile, and they are gone!

Yep - I've had that happen to me too. I also wonder if perhaps they got sprung by their wife/partner....
 munchkin111

A problem with sex
Posted: 11/29/2011 3:03:16 AM
Have you two tried using lubricant? I find that if I'm not lubricated enough when having sex, I cop a bit of burning.
 munchkin111
Msg: 3 (view)

Whe The Focus of The Date is The Wait Staff
Posted: 11/22/2011 9:39:10 PM
Geez - talk about your date being a cradle snatcher (when it comes to the 19-year-old waitress)!! Seriously, could he have made it any more obvious that he had a thing for her?!?! As the previous poster said, you definetly dodged a bullet there...
 munchkin111
Msg: 4 (view)

Completely psycho after only a few emails/converstions
Posted: 11/22/2011 9:30:53 PM
I can definetly sympathise, as I've dealt with a whack job from here too, and it isn't nice.

Hard as it is, just continue ignoring him, or, if you feel like you need to, see if your phone company can block his number so he can't continue contacting you. Good luck with whatever you decide to do hun. xx
 munchkin111
Msg: 28 (view)

Is masturbation a form of homosexuality?
Posted: 10/22/2011 1:40:20 AM
I'd love to know what on earth this "pastor" has been smoking....
 munchkin111
Msg: 7 (view)

When Family Tries To Set You Up
Posted: 9/26/2011 1:09:58 AM
I once had my mum try to set me up with a guy that came out to fix our heater, lol. He seemed like a nice enough guy and all, but there was just no 'chemistry' there.
 munchkin111

At what point to call this quits
Posted: 9/16/2011 9:14:59 PM
I agree with what others have said - perhaps talk to him about it, and explain that it's amking you unhappy, but without being nasty towards him or anything, and see what he says. And once you've heard what he has to say, you can make a decision from there...
 munchkin111
Msg: 21 (view)

Why is my ex girlfriend behaving like this?
Posted: 9/6/2011 1:04:09 AM
I have to agree with everyone else here - she's your ex, and maybe she's trying to move on, so why not get back out there yourself and try to meet someone else? IMO, if you continue to contact her, you're just making it harder on yourself when it comes to moving on.
 munchkin111
Msg: 78 (view)

Dating experience I would rather forget!
Posted: 8/23/2011 9:09:34 PM
I'd been chatting to a guy on here, and we'd exchanged numbers. He had on his profile that he was looking for someone to date, where it turns out he was really after a bonk buddy & nothing more (I'm not into the 'friends with benefits' thing). Then a couple of days ago, I received a message from him asking me to meet him late at night at a place that was in the middle of nowhere for sex. Then he couldn't understand why I said no, even though I explained that I wouldn't for safety reasons (guy you don't know + in the middle of nowhere + wanting sex = dangerous, IMO).
 munchkin111
Msg: 69 (view)

Posted: 8/21/2011 11:07:05 PM

I get requests for naught pics and they want to return the favour with a shot of their**** Who wants that?? I soon dismiss them. Pathetic.

Yes, I've had a guy do that, except that he sent me the pic of his **** first before asking for naughty pics of me :S
 munchkin111
Msg: 63 (view)

Posted: 8/20/2011 10:28:30 PM
I met a guy on here just over a month ago. We'd been emailing/texting for a couple of weeks prior, and all was ok at that point. Anyway, when we met, he was at least 100 pounds heavier than in his profile pics. Anyway, that didn't bother me too much. We went on 2 dates, but I just felt as though we had very little in common, and there were a lot of things about him that really annoyed me (where I could just see more of those things cropping up as time went on). Plus, I just didn't think there was that 'chemistry' there that you would normally have if you were attracted to someone. So, after the 2nd date, I broke it off. He took it really badly, where he started calling me a user as well as other things that I won't mention here. Then a little later on he started sending me texts saying not to do this to him because he loved me etc (which was freaking me out). I then heard from his mum later that night saying that he'd overdosed on a whole heap of painkillers, & was blaming me for it & trying to force me to take him back (I stood my ground and said that I wouldn't do any such thing). Once he was out of hospital (he spent a couple of days in there), I kept getting texts & messages on facebook from him, ranging from the 'I love you, please take me back' type of ones to the nasty, name calling types of ones. I got to the point where I'd had enough, so I told him that if he didn't leave me alone, I'd be getting advice from the police on the situation. He then sent me a couple of really nasty, threatening messages saying to watch my back because I didn't know the people he knows, which was quite scary. I ended up having to take out an intervention order on him (it's what the police recommended) because I was so scared about what he might do. And when I put in the application for the intervention order, he sent a message on facebook to one of my close friends saying that he didn't understand why I was doing it because he'd done nothing wrong (?????????????). He's still got a profile on here, and I do sometimes find myself worrying about any other girl he may meet on here, hoping that she doesn't cop the same treatment if things don't work out between them.
 munchkin111
Msg: 19 (view)

Period Sex? Ladies Views
Posted: 8/12/2011 8:38:27 PM
I'm personally not the biggest fan of it because I get really painful periods, so the pain factor tends to put me off.
 munchkin111
Msg: 21 (view)

Am I in the wrong or is he unappreciative?
Posted: 7/30/2011 2:15:29 AM
The word 'user' sticks out to me in this case - it seems to me that he wants to do all the taking, but not do any giving in return. And by saying that you don't need the pretzel, well, that's just plain nasty. Trust me, sweet, you DON'T need a guy like this in your life. There are so many much nicer guys out there, and I'm sure that, in time, you'll find one.
 munchkin111
Msg: 13 (view)

Any female preference on condom types?
Posted: 7/29/2011 2:23:35 AM
I personally like the thin/barely there ones, as I find the sensation more 'natural', if that makes sense.
 munchkin111
Msg: 132 (view)

horror stories from online dating......
Posted: 7/27/2011 1:13:45 AM
I recently met a guy from here, where he was a lot heavier than in his pic. That didn't bother me, but he, straight away, started talking about us being married within a year (I only came out of a marriage just over 2 months ago) and us trying for kids straight away. Waaaaaay too quick for my liking, as you can imagine. Anyway, after the 2nd date, I decided to call it quits with him, as he was taking things too quickly for me, plus I just couldn't see a future with him anyhow, as we're far too different as people. I then had messages from his mum later that evening saying that he'd overdosed on painkillers and had been rushed to hospital, and was blaming me for it & trying to force me to take him back. Once he was out of hospital, he continued to send me nasty messages, and when one of my friends told him to leave me alone (her choice to do so - I didn't know about it till later), he told her to go hang herself. When I confronted him over that, he then started threatening me, so I've been forced to go for an intervention order, where the hearing for it is next week...

Show ALL Forums