Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Best song one liners/lyrics you love
 ArtzyWoman
Msg: 88 (view)

Best song one liners/lyrics you love
Posted: 12/24/2012 4:03:39 PM
Foo Fighters

Its Times like These You Learn to live Again
Its times Like These you Give and Give Again
Its Times Like These you Learn to love again
Its Times Like These Time and Time Again.........
 ArtzyWoman
Msg: 8 (view)

Detecting when someone doesn't mean what they say
Posted: 11/7/2011 4:57:29 PM
Ouch, I think you have been major burnt. You need to get out of your burning house and put a bandaid on that heart. Not all woman are like you say and if you think they are you are meeting the wrong ones.
 ArtzyWoman
Msg: 10 (view)

Is my father right online dating full of opportunists?
Posted: 9/19/2011 9:27:27 PM
No offense Stevefrom Clar
Woman today are totally different, more independent and higher self-esteem.
I would never take offense with a man opening my door and I likewise would do the same for a man.
 ArtzyWoman
Msg: 7 (view)

Is my father right online dating full of opportunists?
Posted: 9/19/2011 1:34:31 PM
Nope, your father is from the old fashioned times.
Like another writer wrote you are going to meet those same guys in clubs, coffee shops etc.
Just go by your gut instinct, 3 wks is way too soon for a man to move in. According to the rules of my kids...3 months into a relationship is the Honeymoon Phase, after that if you feel comfortable with your guy then you should talk about living arrangements.
Within that period if he moved on it's his lost not yours and he was a leech lurking in the water for a body
I have met a lot of nice men on this site more so than a paying site.
One thing that your father said rings a bell about," society creating weak men"
When I first starting dating many moons ago at the age of 16 my uncle told all the females in our house, "Be careful there aren't many real men left, so if he takes you out for dinner, don't let him have you for dessert" : )
That was my uncle's comment, who has since passed away, so guys don't take offense
 ArtzyWoman
Msg: 18 (view)

When to give out your phone number?
Posted: 9/18/2011 6:04:46 PM
There seems to be a considerable amount of men that freely give out their number on this site.
They must send out mass mailings with their cell numbers and see what woman responds to them? Ex. check my profile and if you like it then call me
First of all woman aren't desperate, so guys save your number till you are actually going to meet.
Second, I have had guys send me their Facebook, some with their ex's in it. Too much info too soon not a good thing,save it till your dating at least a month.
 ArtzyWoman
Msg: 4 (view)

A little freaked out.
Posted: 9/8/2011 5:15:24 PM
It must be the same idiot who thinks he is god because a guy accused me of lying too.
If you look at this person's profile I think he did a lot of lying himself to attract woman, so don't let it bother you. He probably does this to make himself more of a masculine figure when in reality he is just a little peon. Just have a good laugh at his expense : )
 ArtzyWoman
Msg: 566 (view)

How to tell a woman to start paying for part of the date
Posted: 9/6/2011 8:43:09 PM
I recently went out on a meet-up date and honestly I was so annoyed at this person. Sorry I'm old fashioned and not money hungry (i work and have my own money,car & house) But anyway we both went up to get ice tea and the man never even offered to buy it? It would have been great if he had but he didn't, it totally turned me off. I would have said no and paid for my own but the thought is what counted and especially if he is trying to impress a woman. For pete's sake, it was only ice tea!
 ArtzyWoman
Msg: 39 (view)

Judas Priest(rock star term limits)
Posted: 9/3/2011 4:48:43 PM
Being a musician does not have an age limit. I saw Judas Priest a couple of years ago and all of them in the band can rock regardless of age. Including Ozzy -Heaven and Hell, Dio before he passed away, Alice Cooper and all of those guys in their 60's can put away some 20 yr olds!
As for retiring, I would be proud to have my parent up on stage rocking.
By the way Alice Cooper's daughter dances on stage with her Dad!
 ArtzyWoman
Msg: 13 (view)

Does music influence who you go out with?
Posted: 8/30/2011 2:57:33 PM
Yes Yes and Yes................music is in your heart and soul. If your partner isn't into what you like what kind of connection will that be?
 ArtzyWoman
Msg: 6 (view)

Who seeks true Ideology?
Posted: 8/30/2011 2:45:56 PM
Because it takes two to Tango and form a relationship. When one does all the work and the other just sucking it all in, then the relationship goes out the door! No more love or be loved......
 ArtzyWoman
Msg: 5 (view)

Real? Who's ever heard of it?
Posted: 8/30/2011 2:21:34 PM
I am fully clothed and I get so-so response but that's the way I want it. Sure I can go in a bikini but why on earth would a normal human being want to do that? I want quality men not quantity!
 ArtzyWoman
Msg: 1248 (view)

older women younger men
Posted: 8/29/2011 2:06:56 PM
All my relationships have been younger and there is nothing wrong with it. The problem was they couldn't keep up with me. My mother kept telling me why are you going out with old men? They were 4, 10 and 17 yrs younger than me! In a relationship you need the intimacy but you also need a lot of common interests with that person to sustain a great relationship.
 ArtzyWoman
Msg: 26 (view)

How many dates have you actually been on from POF?
Posted: 8/28/2011 1:30:35 PM
Usually when you are interested in a woman,don't just ask for her number. Make a date right away! You will know on the first meeting if there is chemistry or not. Why waste time texting or phoning?
Woman hate the small chit chat on emailing,texting they lose interest right away.
 ArtzyWoman
Msg: 96 (view)

best drummers
Posted: 8/24/2011 7:20:42 PM
Ginger Baker especially when he was in Blind Faith
 ArtzyWoman

Too Many People in one Picture
Posted: 8/23/2011 5:29:48 PM
The profiles I bypass are the ones with the guy's arms wrapped around a woman?
Is that their ex or what? Creepy
I also bypass the ones with too many guys in the pic, which one is he?
So Greg64 woman are having the same problems as men
 ArtzyWoman

Dating Out of Your League
Posted: 8/23/2011 5:20:33 PM
One more thing, you can't stereotype a person's education. My ex was a cardiologist and he couldn't write for crap?
 ArtzyWoman
Msg: 3 (view)

Dating Out of Your League
Posted: 8/23/2011 5:16:58 PM
I am speaking about my guy friends who in my opinion are very shallow minded(but very educated) and tend to pick the very pretty and busty woman. Then they cry to me that the woman only want their money, well duh. I tend to be my male friends wing man(woman) but it's useless trying to tell them to go for the overall package which they never do! As for me that is a very hard question(regarding education) because a man may not have gone to college but still can be very intellegnt and suceeded in life.
Honestly, I have never met anyone who hasn't graduated from some form of college.
 ArtzyWoman
Msg: 9 (view)

Spelling, grammar, etc....
Posted: 8/23/2011 5:00:45 PM
I just want a guy with a brain
HAAAAAAAAAAA
 ArtzyWoman

Photos
Posted: 8/15/2011 8:33:54 PM
SOOO True. Our children are precious and there are too many wierdos out there.
One of the writers mentioned, "it's part of the person's package" but that should be when you meet, feel comfortable then discuss your family. Pictures of my family are left at home. My other kids pictures are on my profile but I don't worry about them...they bite!
 ArtzyWoman

So I went on a date.....
Posted: 8/15/2011 8:18:21 PM
You did the right thing and left. Sounds to me like you were set up. Maybe their game was, when your date went to the restroom, they were testing you to take the bait, the other girl???
You won, you were "The Man"and didn't fall for their trick..good going.
 ArtzyWoman
Msg: 199 (view)

gold diggers in orange county/south california!! any good ones left??
Posted: 8/15/2011 8:06:57 PM
You were probably talking to DragQueens, so cheer up. There are decent woman still out there just not at the bars you went to. (No offense to bars, I met my last relationship at one) Woman who are not shallow go to bookstores, cooking, art classes, wine tasting, grocery stores, benefits, volunteer etc. Try looking there : )
 ArtzyWoman
Msg: 5 (view)

views on my profile./pictures
Posted: 8/9/2011 9:07:04 AM
Keep the part of "The minute I can I go to the gym" woman are going to think you are a "MeatHead" Just say I am physically active and like to work out.

Forget about the fashion statement unless you want to be called a Diva.
That is something you tell a person after a couple of dates, which honestly you shouldn't have to. Woman check you out as soon as they see you, so wear nice shoes.
Haaa Kidding
Have Fun and relax
Francine
 ArtzyWoman

Does music influence who you go out with?
Posted: 8/2/2011 6:10:39 PM
Very Very much. I had an ex-husband that didn't share my type of music and threw my so call" head banging music" out the door(Black Sabbath,Alice Cooper etc). Him being into country music should have been a warning sign to me?
My mother always said"people who love each other need to have similar taste"
You won't ever see me at a country or jazz festival!
 ArtzyWoman
Msg: 10 (view)

Gettting no where with this site?
Posted: 8/2/2011 5:53:07 PM
Well one thing woman won't go for is 'dating but nothing serious"
That's a red flag right there for woman and they will stay away from you.
That's telling a dating partner she's only good for one thing and nothing else!
Sorry but true..............
 ArtzyWoman
Msg: 18 (view)

what are the key clues in a profile ..be it words or anything else ..that flash trouble
Posted: 7/27/2011 5:44:16 PM
Funny, mateo45.
I'll still want what I want till the ripe ole age of 100 : )
 ArtzyWoman
Msg: 16 (view)

what are the key clues in a profile ..be it words or anything else ..that flash trouble
Posted: 7/25/2011 8:18:41 PM
I did put things I don't like and I am not going to back off. At my age I want what I want.
No beards, no bellies and no stashes. I work hard to keep trim and I also shave my legs and underarms. I don't think men would want that type of hair on a woman?
I did get guys that call me Babe and send kisses and I have a good laugh about it.
The main thing is keeping a great attitude and one day we shall meet "The One"
Most men that put that garbage on their profile are just the opposite and are probably shy in real life.
 ArtzyWoman
Msg: 107 (view)

What man or band is the Godfather of Heavy Metal? Let the debate begin!
Posted: 7/19/2011 10:08:47 AM
My all time vote is defiantly...Black Sabbath(Heaven&Hell)
Deep Purple, King Crimson,Blind Faith, Alice Cooper on and on and on.
As for Uriah Heep, totally awesome. Saw all their concerts while living in Detroit as well as the above mentioned artists.

Show ALL Forums