Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Turning down the bed, and whoever was in it
 Natey2
Msg: 51 (view)

Turning down the bed, and whoever was in it
Posted: 12/15/2018 9:35:13 AM
Msg: 47

Carroll reportedly "demanded" that he start fooling around with her, but he refused, again telling her that he wasn't in the mood. 

He says that's when Carroll hit him in the chest and groin and then tossed a paint roller at his head.

I bet this Carroll could create a female POF account, mention the above in her profile, and still get tons of male responses to her profile that she will have trouble keeping up with and have to mass delete some of them.
 Natey2
Msg: 62 (view)

Ladies. how many messages do you receive?
Posted: 12/14/2018 7:59:01 AM
I'd say the more physically attractive a lady appears in her primary profile pic on POF, the more replies she will receive on any day.
I bet those fake accounts with attractive photos receive more replies than most of us here do
 Natey2
Msg: 31 (view)

How to Know If Your Partner Is Financially ‘Cheating’ in Your Relationship
Posted: 12/14/2018 7:39:28 AM
Msg: 3

A guy will need to pay a fair share of living expenses if i do ever have one living with me.

If a woman I date moves in to my house per mutual agreement, I wouldn't make her pay for lodging or utilities: that would be like treating her like a roommate. I would hope she'd pick up some joint expenses, like groceries, dining out , etc. These things should become obvious during the dating phase.

I'm not into the 50/50 thing.
 Natey2
Msg: 45 (view)

Turning someone down for sex
Posted: 12/14/2018 5:35:50 AM
Msg: 19

I have never been rejected for just sex. If I offered it, I got it.

I've been around for over half a century, and I can't say I personally know ANY guy that can make that same claim.

The problem was that most of these "casual" type guys that said they only wanted sex became possessive and controlling and eventually demanded exclusive relationship when that was not what I signed up for.

I had this same issue with a woman on POF a couple of months ago! She would constantly accuse me of having sex with other women and demanded I not speak to any other woman, even at a platonic or professional level. The only other woman I recall that did that to me was the ex-wife. And dates don't like being compared to the ex wife on bad behavior, so I'm just going to post that here instead.
 Natey2
Msg: 42 (view)

Posted: 12/10/2018 11:15:36 PM
I sympathize with Endless.
I've gone out with a woman from POF who told me one of the guys she went out with was actually beaten (hit/punched, repeatedly ) by another woman for not wanting to have sex with her.

There are some pretty aggressive women out there, and nobody feels sorry for guys.

The only person that can conclude a woman was being "strung along" in a relationshio is the woman herself, and she's not here to make that claim. Other opinions on her behalf are conjecture/speculation.
Many relationships on POF are actually FWB, and there is an implicit understanding of what that entails with regard to any notion of a commitment.
 Natey2
Msg: 10 (view)

I've given up on trying to be nice in my profile
Posted: 12/8/2018 8:15:43 AM
I came across an attractive woman's profile that indicated she was specifically looking for someone who was scuba-certified or at least willing to become scuba-certified.

That's the kind of criteria I think POF people should include in their profile to make it non-generic, and to prevent too many applicants from contacting them and flooding their mailbox and causing women to mass delete their unread messages, potentially missing a qualified canidate.
 Natey2
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 12/8/2018 6:47:45 AM
Msg: 19

Off topic.. Natey. How do you place these emojis on your posts?

@PennyAnte, here's the list: https://forums.plentyoffish.com/15823718datingPostpage14.aspx

Enjoy!
 Natey2
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 12/6/2018 2:01:58 PM
Here's one scenario in POF:
(any resemblance to anybody's relationship here is strictly coincidental/unintentional)

Guy has multiple dates from POF.

Guy starts having sex with one, regularly.
Second date/woman wants to have sex with him.

(At this point, some guys are ok with having sex/body fluid exchanges with multiple women around the same time. Other guys prefer to stick to one woman, since she may be the one, and can also track who they caught something from and not spread it to others. But relationships from POF are like the stock market and can change fast, so don't put all your eggs in the first basket you find)

So, guy likes 2nd woman, but prefers to defer sex with her, since he's already getting enough from the 1st and hopes that will work out. (And if the 1st finds out he's banging the 2nd, 1st might end the relationship)
2nd woman now might get pissed at being denied/rejected for sex and strike the guy off her list permanently.
 Natey2
Msg: 4 (view)

What are things you see in dating profiles that will make you sadly skip past them?
Posted: 12/5/2018 4:44:35 PM
1. Workout/Gym mania.
Interestingly, these people often won't mow their own lawn or do other forms of physical work except workout at the gym.

But it's good that they mention it in their profile instead of the generic "positive things only" profiles that attracts too many people they'll have trouble keeping up with.
 Natey2
Msg: 28 (view)

POF was NOT a hookup site 13 years ago...now IT IS...
Posted: 12/5/2018 7:59:29 AM
Other than the obviously fake accounts with very random and strange names trying to hit on me, I can't say (from a male perspective) that POF in 2018 is a hookup site.

The DTF and hookup/hooker women on POF (who get their accounts closed) try to get your email address and lure you to another real hookup site.

So technically, POF is not the hookup site here.
 Natey2
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 12/5/2018 7:24:43 AM
Do men and women treat a denial similarly?
I figure men get turned down more often, and they don't take it too personally, and they just retry.
Women, I think, will get really pissed if they get turned down for sex for some reason, and may terminate the relationship and bear a grudge against the guy who turned them down.

So it is not a good idea to turn a woman down for sex, if she offers, if a guy wants to maintain the relationship?
 Natey2
Msg: 437 (view)

A man's actions are the key variable that determines whether a relationship survives or fails
Posted: 11/27/2018 7:33:52 AM
Msg: 431

His death, of course, is tragic, but even Jesus couldn't save John Chau from himself.

Ask any real Christian, and they'll tell you there are more important things than their life on this earth.
(Real Moslems and Jews understand that too)

If Peter, Paul, etc (in the Bible) valued their life on earth more than what they had to do, they wouldn't have been executed by the Romans they way they were:
Paul: Beheaded.
Peter: Crucified, upside down.

And Jesus did save them.
 Natey2
Msg: 13 (view)

If looks do matter.
Posted: 11/27/2018 7:02:23 AM
I've seen beautiful and much younger trophy wives of much older and not-so-attractive men in some social circles.
So much for the theory of attractiveness of men.
Having a lot of money is a good substitute for attractiveness in many cases.
 Natey2
Msg: 103 (view)

No woman really enjoys anal sex
Posted: 11/25/2018 5:50:07 PM
Msg: 92

I met a woman that lived in Birmuingham, she had a jar of vasoline uder her bed and loved anal sex. She was very popular well known in the neighborhood.

Condoms definitely recommended for anal sex, and most (latex) ones are weakened by vaseline and can fail/tear.
Use a water-based lubricant instead.
 Natey2

If looks do matter.
Posted: 11/25/2018 5:45:40 PM

I've been on POF for quite sometime and I've yet to find the right person.

There's no "right" person, but there are varying degrees of "wrong" persons.

Almost everybody on these dating sites has a list of people they want, in preferential order.

You (nobody specifically) are not going to get your #1 choice partner on your list.
And your #1 partner is not going to get his/her #1 choice/partner on his/her list.
Because we all want something better which we often can't get.
So we move on to the next person down on our list, etc.

We all have to compromise, find someone who is fairly compatible, and convince them that they were always their #1 choice.

Being with another requires a compromise.
If you find someone 75% compatible, you'll need to work on compromising the other 25%.
If you find someone 90% compatible, you'll only need to work on compromising the other 10%.

People who wait for 99% or higher compatibility in a partner may just end up waiting forever for the "right" person.

If we don't want to compromise, we should remain single.

Just my opinions. Your mileage may vary.
 Natey2
Msg: 13 (view)

wow I paid so I can get this message
Posted: 11/22/2018 6:41:51 AM
Msg:4

when I was a paid member, I was surprised to find most (like 90%) were never read nor did they view my profile.

I concur.
About 75% of my initial messages go UNREAD DELETED by the attractive women who probably receive too many messages or who just didn't like my profile pic that appears next to the message line in their Inbox.

Hopefully they aren't nasty and block me for sending them a message they didn't even read!
 Natey2
Msg: 159 (view)

Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reason
Posted: 11/22/2018 2:16:10 AM

They need to change how the BLOCK function works.

See my proposal for SuperBlock and Super Unblock at http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16734529.aspx

e.g. if somebody unjustly blocks you, you can SuperBlock them.

Might generate more revenue for POF too.
 Natey2
Msg: 3 (view)

Voice Clip Function gone?
Posted: 11/20/2018 10:20:01 PM
The mobile app can send a voice clip, but only to others when "Conversation powers are unlocked"
You need to have exchanged text messages a little first.
 Natey2
Msg: 8 (view)

24m, no responses. Why?
Posted: 11/20/2018 5:45:31 PM
OP,
2nd pic makes you look like a couch potato. (no offense)
I don't know about British women, but Southern California women hate male couch potatoes.

3rd pic has a woman next to you.
That's usually a red flag for other women, that they might become secondary/optional.
 Natey2
Msg: 26 (view)

Spam and prostitution
Posted: 11/20/2018 12:16:41 PM
OP, make a gallery of those pics. You might be able to start your own raunchy website with them if you later decide to do so.
I hear they are springing up all over the place. It's all about who you know.
But some pics look like legitimate pics taken from other sites, with a raunchy headline here. So who is doing that?

Try chatting with them, and introduce them to one another to see if they know one another. Maybe they are a close-knit community. Recommend that they hold POF events for greater visibility.
 Natey2
Msg: 6 (view)

Why does my search distance keep changing?
Posted: 11/20/2018 5:38:06 AM
I guess POF finds that it is better to find somebody rather than nobody. And I can't blame them for that. When I find compatible people further away, they often become a chat/text friend with mutual interests. I don't mind that, but for those that do, maybe POF should have a "strict enforcement of search parameters" option, so that the algorithm will return nobody rather than somebody out of the specified radius.
 Natey2
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 11/17/2018 8:58:50 AM
My profile recently caught the attention of a woman who was a former model at Chanel when she was much younger! No, she's not a fake (if you look too good around here, people think you're fake), but lives a little further than my usual radius for dating. She invited me to visit her, and I probably will when I travel past there on business in the future.
My interest in Christianity and the Bible in my profile is what attracted her!
She speaks and sings (in a choir) in 4 languages, and we discuss/chat on many topics of interest: cooking, foreign languages, euro-colonization and influences on other countries and cuisines, etc.
(If she were a scammer, she hasn't done or said anything that would indicate it)

Thank you, POF!
Yes, I did send her a POF gift which she appreciated.
Where else could you find such people, right? At your local bar?

Sometimes the perceived "negativity" in a profile attracts precisely the kind of non-generic people I'd like to meet.
 Natey2

Do you like horses?
Posted: 11/17/2018 8:16:50 AM
Do horses positively acknowledge the presence of a familiar person when it sees them?
e.g. a dog would do something if it saw someone it knew. A cat might, or might not (some cats ignore/avoid everybody)

I've heard about horses running into a barn or stable that was already on fire (a cat or dog probably wouldn't do something like that), so I figure domesticating them could have reduced their ability to save themselves in these wildfires.
 Natey2
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 11/15/2018 4:35:47 PM
I created the account in 2011, over 7 years ago.
I never provided an accurate birth date to any dubious dating website for security reasons, so I made it a round date month year that was close to the actual.
It was much later in 2018 (when I started dating again) that I realized it can't be changed on POF.
But I already paid for a multi-month subscription.
Need to create a new account to fix the problem, which I will when my current subscription expires.

I read some of the good advice on writing dating profiles posted here many years ago, and I have a fundamental difference of opinion.

The advice given seems to be to present a biased "positive-only" perspective of the person, and is designed to attract the largest number of people to the profile by making it look only good.

Might be a good strategy if you are trying to sell something, but is that what we all want?

I'd rather have 5 compatible people look at my profile whom I can pick one from, who are aware of all the nuances associated with me (so that I don't have to go through the slow/long process of realizing and explaining incompatibilities), than have 200 people think they'll like me because of all the positive-only things I said, whom I will have to weed through.

e.g. I go to Church every Sunday morning. Not negotiable. Often seen as a "negative" even by many of the alleged "Christian - other" people on POF.
So, I've listed it explicitly in my profile, even though it is considered "negative" and will very likely reduce my response rate.
 Natey2

Posted: 11/15/2018 12:45:10 PM

Maybe someone will find all this to be their cup of tea and won't be turned off by false information followed by explanations.

Not sure what you mean by "false information". The incidents of members compelling other members to close their accounts here were actual, but the members involved are still on POF.

I do receive fewer messages from women since the inclusion of the prelude to my profile, but those that do reply now seem to be appreciative of what was said and I still chat with them. The last thing I want to inadvertently discover is another one of those "100%" women mentioned.

You should know better than to have a meme as an image.

A meme was very temporarily my primary profile pic, and I received a lot more responses with that. But then, all the memes got deleted at once. But I still see women using memes as secondary and even primary profile pics today. So why just me, I guess..

A picture is worth a thousand words. Copying just the text into the profile and losing the image reduces the effect of the overall message.
 Natey2

Photos of ladies
Posted: 11/15/2018 9:42:24 AM
I'd send a message saying how attractive their pet is.
And that you wish you had a pet just like that one.
 Natey2

Can't block people
Posted: 11/15/2018 9:23:51 AM
Maybe there's a limit to how many people you can block.
If I blocked everyone who "failed to keep up their end of the conversation", I might hit that limit too.

I've been prevented from posting here once too: http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16734592.aspx

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.

How did you get around that in this thread?
 Natey2
Msg: 2 (view)

Unable to Completely View Forums on Mobile App
Posted: 11/15/2018 8:07:24 AM
These forums are not accessible from the POF mobile app. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

They are accessible via a web browser.
If you use a web browser from your smartphone, and you have the POF mobile app installed on it, the web browser may be redirecting to the mobile app, which is not always a good thing. Try temporarily uninstalling your POF mobile app to see if your phone web browser works as expected.

Many mobile phone web browsers can operate in Mobile mode or Desktop mode. Be sure to switch to the latter to see the full glory of the POF website and other web pages, if your phone and browser can handle it.

My two cents.
 Natey2
Msg: 5 (view)

Today's Catch is demeaning?
Posted: 11/15/2018 7:52:12 AM
I have swiped left on Today's Catch very many times.
The real catch is sometimes under "Will Respond".
Gotta know where the good fish are on POF.
 Natey2

Curbing Prolific Contributors?
Posted: 11/15/2018 6:25:48 AM
Considering the number of participants here (or lack thereof) maybe that's why they have threads here with no postings after 2016.
I'm glad my thread brought you out of the woodwork :-)
 Natey2
Msg: 27 (view)

Putting some Legalese in the footers of profiles
Posted: 11/15/2018 6:17:24 AM
I don't think the Legalese is enforcible in Nigeria.
 Natey2

Posted: 11/15/2018 6:03:08 AM
Too many people say the same nice things in their profiles. It makes everyone on POF look generic.
In my demographic, I figure if they were really that nice, they would not have been divorced.

I think it is best to list attributes that might cause incompatibilities down the road, and many people don't do that up front anymore.
 Natey2

Tired of seeing all the bots/fake accounts
Posted: 11/15/2018 5:53:01 AM
But their pics look much better than many real members.
I chat with some of them: they either want my email or send me a link to another site.
I have a special email address for all of them
Sometimes, I try to introduce them to other similar accounts I have met; maybe they know one another.
But they disappear before I can get back to them, so I can't ask them out on a date or something.
 Natey2

Do you like horses?
Posted: 11/15/2018 5:40:53 AM
I see many women in my area like horses. Some even own them.

To me, horses are like giraffes, antelopes, or ostriches. While I don't hate them, I can't really say I like them.
And I certainly wouldn't want to own them. They sound like a lot more maintenance than a dog or cat.

The only horses I like are the ones I have in the V8 in my car.
 Natey2
Msg: 16 (view)

Genital Numbness...hormonal or emotional...or?
Posted: 11/14/2018 8:31:53 AM

After years of sitting in a vibrating box, with my wallet in my pocket, I'm thinking there might be some pedundal nerve damage.

Yes, that could damage or de-sensitize nerves down there. Also, women who use high power vibrators, etc. over extended periods (years) would require a greater amount of stimulation to achieve the same level of arousal they once did.
 Natey2
Msg: 24 (view)

Plenty of Fakes
Posted: 11/14/2018 8:18:13 AM
Match has many uppity people.
I prefer the lower end people on POF.
 Natey2

Fake accounts
Posted: 11/14/2018 8:16:04 AM
I wonder where they get those women's pics from, for those fake accounts...
Some of them look hot!
Might be stolen from other dating sites..
 Natey2

Has anyone ever met this guy
Posted: 11/14/2018 8:05:10 AM
No, I've never met the guy.
Women in French Canada should be especially careful of shady characters there.
I was there once (je me souviens), and it doesn't look like the rest of Canada.

Women in Oxford UK are a little safer, because less shady characters contact them.

If you change your location to Southern California, you'll have so many messages that you'll have to mass delete them.
The shady characters here in California are not local people.
 Natey2

No Single month options?
Posted: 11/14/2018 7:47:43 AM
If POF had a 1-month plan, I'm guessing it will be around $20 to $25. The 3-month plan is $38.70 (which turns out to be $12.90 a month).

The good thing about upgrading is you can see who the women are who don't even read your messages and just delete them: UNREAD DELETED

Don't waste your time on sending them any more mesages, but you can give them a bra or panties POF gift as a gesture of goodwill. Women love those POF gifts, and you can give 3 per day with an upgraded membership to the lucky women of POF.

The nicer ones at least read your messages first: READ DELETED

If they Read them and keep them, then you have some hope. And you can also see who wants to meet you. Look at all the women whining on their profile that they can't see a Meet Me request and that you need to send them a message instead, which they will UNREAD DELETED anyway. If the love of their life is not even worth a POF upgrade, how will they treat you if they meet you, right?

Here's the list of other benefits http://www.pof.com/HelpCenter/helpCenter_upgradedMemberships.aspx
 Natey2

Attachment theory seems to explain my dating type and problems
Posted: 11/14/2018 4:07:29 AM
Heres my counter-theory:

Almost everybody on these dating sites is hedging their bets.
And they all have a list of people they want, in preferential order.

You (nobody specifically) are not going to get your #1 choice partner on your list.
And your #1 partner is not going to get his/her #1 choice/partner on his/her list.
Because we all want something better which we often can't get.
So we move on to the next person down on our list, etc.

We all have to compromise, find someone who is fairly compatible, and convince them that they were always their #1 choice.

Being with another requires a compromise.
If you find someone 75% compatible, you'll need to work on compromising the other 25%.
If you find someone 90% compatible, you'll only need to work on compromising the other 10%.

People who wait for 99% or higher compatibility in a partner may just end up waiting forever for the "right" person.

If we don't want to compromise, we should remain single.

Just my opinions. Your mileage may vary.
 Natey2
Msg: 55 (view)

Erection problems @ age 50?
Posted: 11/13/2018 8:18:11 AM
Msg: 53

My dad, 94 years old and seems not to have any problem

At that age, one would require a doctor's OK to engage in (strenuous) sexual activity, I think.

Personally, I would not have sex with any 94 year old, to avoid the possibility of the eventual inevitable.
 Natey2

What should I do now?
Posted: 11/13/2018 7:23:15 AM
Have you tried sending him a POF Gift?
 Natey2
Msg: 9 (view)

What would you expect from a partner?
Posted: 11/13/2018 7:05:41 AM
Somebody once said:
Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed.
 Natey2
Msg: 172 (view)

Do you care what a person does for work?
Posted: 11/13/2018 2:13:34 AM
I like how the thread title changed temporarily to "as long as they are willing to do two jobs--blow and hand :)"

Message 154:

I have two Bachelors degrees and come from a fairly middleclass rural farm background and I ended up with a lowerclass highschool dropout from the innercity. I think there are plenty of college-educated women who get with someone below their league.

This had me thinking... after I graduated from college, all the women I've slept with were college graduates. I wonder if highschool dropouts are significantly different..
 Natey2

Mutual Match Dissapeared?
Posted: 11/12/2018 3:50:20 AM
Maybe the other account got closed?
 Natey2

Full text search of forum postings
Posted: 11/12/2018 3:48:38 AM
Is there a way to do a full text search on forum postings?
The current search here only searches the Thread Title for the specified word(s) and not the Thread Body.
 Natey2
Msg: 22 (view)

Plenty of Fakes
Posted: 11/12/2018 3:38:48 AM
Fake profiles don't usually post on these forums, I think. lol

I have received numerous Meet Me and have been Favorited many times, especially on the weekends, by fake female accounts that get closed very soon thereafter. The account names almost always have an underscore _ character in them, and many end in 4 hexadecimal digits, possibly indicating a computer generated account.

The single profile pics are sexually suggestive and much younger than my age group. Some pics look like those of legitimate women, stolen from other dating sites. If only they knew what their pics were being used for...

If you do contact them, they will lure you using one of many website names, via a custom link. Almost all point to one of 2 raunchy websites with DTF people.

Women, from what I hear, don't receive these kind of people contacting them. Theirs tend to be more subtle, and designed to deprive them of their money by some seemingly nice but desperate guy.
 Natey2
Msg: 255 (view)

Is there a way to know how long a person has been on this site?
Posted: 11/6/2018 8:00:07 PM
Looks like I created my account here shortly after I filed for divorce.
I do recall getting some dates back then, and women who were upset that I was Separated and not Divorced.
I didn't use it significantly until July of 2018, 2 years after my divorce was finalized i.e. 7 years later!

No, I have not been consistently dating for 7 years, so the creation date can be misleading.
 Natey2
Msg: 24 (view)

Cancelled/rescheduled date. Feeling vulnerable & irritated, thoughts?
Posted: 11/3/2018 2:11:27 PM
Message 4:

He admitted he was a virgin which took me by surprise and I think he's feeling nervous about that.

You may find this hard to believe, but even I was a virgin at one point in time, a long time ago.

She wasn't a virgin. And guess what? It fit nicely in there. I did not have an instruction manual or supervision. The rest is history and experience with different women.

How do you think cavemen figured it out? They didn't have the internet back then. And I'm sure they didn't attend training classes. I mean, what's the worst that could happen, right?

This is your rare opportunity to educate and introduce your male virgin friend to your female anatomy. Don't blow it :^)

At the end of it all, if you can get him to say "I didn't know women could do that!" , you've done well.
 Natey2
Msg: 32 (view)

How many good second dates have you gone on in the past 5 years?
Posted: 11/2/2018 8:48:03 AM
I only started dating a couple of months ago, after a long marriage and long divorce finally ended 2 years ago (it takes a while to want to date again after a divorce, even though some people appear to jump right back into the game), so I don't have dating experience going back the last 5 years.

e.g. No second date with this woman:

She looked older in person than her pics.
She claimed she didn't drink, but drank 3 glasses of the most expensive wine in the restaurant on our first date. She told me a lot of things, especially after that second glass of wine. So maybe that was a good thing.
She claimed she was Christian but later told me she didn't believe in God anymore.

I've been on some date or other about every other week now.
Going on a 3rd date this evening with a woman whom I can talk to for hours!

Show ALL Forums