Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: WTH Breakup by text???
 luckymare
Msg: 32 (view)

WTH Breakup by text???
Posted: 4/24/2008 4:59:35 PM
jimi77 -------she should have read your post first & then passed it to her friend -----now that is a great comeback to the txt~~~~~~~txt /phone/email -----no response at all ----none of it any fun ------some people just lack common courtesy-------all you can do for a friend is just be there -----try to do something to bring a smile back to her face
 luckymare
Msg: 10 (view)

I am in Love with this person with whom I've met online.
Posted: 2/17/2008 8:23:34 PM
I have found that it is a good thing to make contact by phone as soon as possible after emails & I M chat --- then to also set up a meet for coffee as soon as you can.This really does help to find out if once meeting in person there still is a feeling of ---Yeah we do have alot in common & oh this guy really is nice. Also whether there is an attraction to each other.
Prolonging meeting & doing alot of email & chats only makes one feel closer to that person/ you can type anything ----you can say anything on the phone ---it is actually meeting someone in person that lets you know whether there could be more.
Oh yes --- please do try to make contact with those who live closer that there is a real possiblity of it all working out for you.A good idea might be to start off with giving your real first name & asking the same of the person you are chatting with.Start off with some kind of mutual trust.Good Luck Fishing here / there are alot of nice people on this site & I wish you well.Unfortunately you will always find those who are not so nice.But that does not mean you should give up.
 luckymare
Msg: 15 (view)

Penciling in a possible relationship? Scheduling romance?
Posted: 12/17/2007 11:33:33 AM
I Beg To Differ ---- I too have set up First Meetings For Coffee & Lunch with a time constraint ---- but that was the time I had available as I had to have someone to watch my daughter at home.
Geez ---The First Time You Meet/ Is Just That---To Meet ---See If There Is Anything That Sparks ----If In Person You Are Comfortable With Each Other ----Emailing & IM&Chatting On The Phone Is Different Than In Person -----
If You Cancel Because Of Time Constraint ----Well Who Knows What You May Be Missing -----I Say Don't Ever Cancel Over Something Like That -----Be Flexible/Go With The Flow -----Relax -----That Would Have Been Enough Time To See If You Would Like To Go Out Again ------LOL ---Next Time Longer-----Who Knows/ In Person ---One May Not Hit Off As Well As Online -----By The Way -----The Short Coffee & Lunch Dates ----Well / I Have Had More -----So They Do They Work
 luckymare
Msg: 28 (view)

“Viewed me” link on POF
Posted: 12/14/2007 9:10:14 AM
I always check the viewed me --- sometimes it is true ---they are just checking you out----then again are times that the guy would like you to make the First Move ----that& when someone makes me their favorite ----for curiosity sake I check them out ---if there is any interest on my part ---I send an email ----or put them on my fav list ---Ya know "Nothing Ventured/Nothing Gained Rule Applies Here ----What do you have to lose by being the first to contact someone ----Is that not why we are all here ---To make contact with others for our personal reasons of whether for friends/dating whatever. So lose the negative attitude & don't think the worst of those who view you.
 luckymare
Msg: 34 (view)

Dating, is it like going through hell to you also?
Posted: 12/13/2007 2:07:43 PM
Another time I must say "I Beg To Differ" Ya know that is what makes the world go round ---that we are not all the same ---pretty boring if we were/ I say remain true to yourself --be who you are & eventually you will find that special woman who can appreciate you for who you are -----out there somewhere / she waits looking & waiting for you to come along.Taking advice from those on here ---who are still on here looking themselves/ Well -----that says it alll!!!!!!!!~~~~Rome wasn't built in a day & finding someone you could spend the rest of your life with unfortunately for you is taking longer than you want it to.So just hang in there-----"there is always tomorrow"
 luckymare
Msg: 4 (view)

cyberspace sucks!
Posted: 12/12/2007 4:14:49 PM
Another time I have to start off by saying"I Beg To Differ" Guess you have just not replied to or decided on your own to contact someone who showed up in your matches or someone who put you in their "fav".Accepted an IM from someone you didn't know.I have been on the site for almost a year now & have made some quite interesting friends on the site.Have just started after talking on the phone first actually getting out there & meeting these guys in person.I too like in Sex&City TV show where Carrie says she is looking for "ZaZoom" in a guy---she doesn't want to settle for less------WELL / Perhaps we may have to find our "ZaZoom" in a guy that at first did not spark that in us til we get to know him ------Never/Say/Never------Don't Give Up-------
 luckymare
Msg: 9 (view)

Closing IM windown after being Honest
Posted: 12/11/2007 4:13:46 PM
Your clue to the type guy he was --- it was there in his comment --"does his pix do anything for you" Yeah he was looking for some stroking from you ----that should have been one of those flags ----but we do learn from our experiences on this site ----Don't feel bad about it/ we all second guess ourselves at what we say ---Personally I try to go out of my way to be polite & treat others the way I want to be treated & even go out of my way to reply to all correspondance --- Except that from the young guys on here looking for a Mrs Robinson ---not willing to become her. Live & Learn ---we all do every day.But GUYS it truly is rude to close a window on the ladies of this site!!!!!!!!!
 luckymare
Msg: 21 (view)

Need a man point of view
Posted: 11/13/2007 7:14:26 PM
Again not a man point of view ---- But / Did You Ever See the episode of Sex & City where the guy tells Miranda(character on show) why she has not gotten phone call after 2nd date --- the answer"he is just not into you" well Miranda got it & passed it along to other people even strangers she overheard talking ---- so don't keep wondering & like everyone else is saying -- chalk up to a life experience & move on & get happy ---- as for his emails / sounds like he may just be keeping you on the backburner --- so if you want to cling onto the hope that he may still get back with you keep the communication otherwise save yourself some heartache & just move on---yes there are other fish in the sea -----wake up like Miranda & realize that it is not a bad thing "for someone to not be into you"---think of the people that you are"not into"
 luckymare
Msg: 13 (view)

What side dishes do you serve at Thanksgiving Dinner that have become a family tradition
Posted: 11/13/2007 7:07:45 PM
Don't want to take the whole page if anyone likes the dishes glad to send full recipe
Stuffed Artichokes
Candied Sweet Potatoes that have pineapples/maraschino cherries--brown sugar
Amaretto/Almond Glazed Carrots
Broccoli with Walnuts
Here is something you would not think to do -- use kids juicy juice cherry flavor with your fav brand liquer to baste the turkey with/ makes it the juicest & most golden brown crispy skin ever !!!!~~~~~~
 luckymare
Msg: 21 (view)

I found my match. Finally!!!
Posted: 11/9/2007 4:35:31 PM
Ya know we really need to be cautious on this & other sites --- I had met someone too who said "lets delete our profiles" he even wanted my password to do it for me ---- no thanks ----Just take it slow & don't be in a rush & have alot more get togethers other than phone or chat or email --- real/face to face communication ---- Can not begin to warn all of the woman of the different types of scams on these sites.
Especially the growing number of those from lagos who will send you love poems & may you think there is no one else in the world for them --- they have great sob stories & will ask for money --- so the guys that are getting scammed from foreign girls the same thing is happening to girls too --- just have to really have your wits about you --who cares if they think you are coming off as being -itch ---better safe than sorry

Show ALL Forums