Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: S. Korea navy ship sinks
 downforit2007
Msg: 3 (view)

S. Korea navy ship sinks
Posted: 3/29/2010 4:48:25 PM
Yeah, I heard about that. They have those old mines all over the place left over from the last war, but that body of water in the area is disputed to this very day, with both nations arguing over who has the right to sail those waters. The navy wants to raise the ship up too. A part of it is still poking out of the water, so they figure it's not a total loss. Strange, because the ARIZONA in 1941 was also poking out of the water at one point too. But I guess they want to get the bodies out.
 downforit2007
Msg: 1 (view)

S. Korea navy ship sinks
Posted: 3/29/2010 11:26:05 AM
I heard maybe 40 or 50 of the crew are still missing. News reports claim it was probably a North Korean mine left over from hostilities in the 50's. And there was a press announcement from the ship's captain, who had to get rescued from his cabin by fellow crewmembers, and then his car was attacked back on base by family members desperate for more info.

Such a tragedy! I'm not sure what S. korea is going to do about this. No one is even sure survivors will be found on the ship's wreckage.
 downforit2007
Msg: 15 (view)

this site SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 3/25/2010 7:32:34 PM

yall know what they say about arguing on the internet right?

No, not really. I'm going by the old rule, "The most committed wins." But feel free to tell me about what they say. I'm not sure these days.

Plus, don't worry, the guy is a complete loser. I've shot down punks like him plenty of times. The only good thing this guy can do is fill up hot-air balloons, because he's just so full of hot air. He'll be gone for good anyway.
 downforit2007
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 3/25/2010 7:21:46 PM

So you are an E Pimp? . That is nothing to be proud of.

Better off than being an E Punk, people like you who come on to tear others down and make them feel as miserable as you. Too bad it's failed for you.

You can try to justify your excuse for being here for 4 years

You know what? I probably can, and what a fun time it's been. So I sleep very well at night, thank you. And it's not 4 years, dipwad. More like 3 years and 3 months at best. Plus, for a year and a half, my computer was broken, so I couldn't log on at all. I just recently renewed my profile, but why should I justify this to you?

So you keep telling yourself the girls like you but when you do decide to ask them to hang out don't be too surprised when they make up excuses not to .

Ah, I see you're lowballing. What's the matter, run out of insults so soon? See, this is standard practice from an "E Punk." When you feel defeated at last, you resort to good ol' insults and bashing that don't make any sense. For the record, the girl I'm talking to has already hung out with me. I guess I'm not as ugly as you thought. LOL. And what's with the insult for my looks? I never gave you a cheap shot at that snooty-looking mug of yours. If YOUR story is actually true, and you met a woman who can stand to be with you(probably dumb and blind), then why bother talking about it? Delete your profile and move on. I certainly am, and I don't need to be arguing with you about something you'll never understand.

Get a life and move on, P Diddy.
 downforit2007
Msg: 11 (view)

The site sucks , bottom line .
Posted: 3/24/2010 6:16:08 PM

I have been here for a month under this name , this isn't the first time I have used this site.

Then why post a new profile? Why even be under a new name? Be a man and keep using the old one. If you feel like you need to change something on your profile, click that little button that says "EDIT PROFILE". Don't scramble to get a new name and a new identity. If you can't find the 'edit profile' button, then find someone who is more intelligent than you, maybe your mom, to find the button for you. What's stupid is people trying to change their identity when they fail at it the first time.
What was your first profile name? BallsandWieners?

go blow it out your ass.

Such intelligent words from a guy who wants to try and score with women, huh? Try being nice for once, and maybe they'll come. I put the emphasis on maybe. And if you want to make such references to my ass, then it's too late. My ass is being occupied, sitting comfortably on this reclining chair laughing at your insults. It doesn't make me feel bad. It just gives me something to laugh about later on.

If you don't like this site, then leave it and delete your *ahem* profile. Maybe you'll get suckered into eHarmony, paying money to see fake profiles.

So do me a favor ,

No, do US a favor. Leave POF! It's not for everybody, especially YOU. But instead of deleting your *ahem* profile, you continue to waste your time making complaint threads about how this site is not for you.
If you can't run with the BIG DOGS, keep your puppy ass on the porch.
 downforit2007
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 3/24/2010 6:00:39 PM
First of all, I admire you for your honesty. At least you have the guts to speak your mind about things, unlike other people who pretend to be your friend and then stab you in the back when you're not around. You call me an idiot? Well, thanks. Considering you don't know me either, it's a contradiction of your own words in terms, isn't it?

Second of all, you think EVERYONE who joins this site is hoping to find friends and a future partner immediately...or in your case, a booty call? Thousands of people don't even have profiles. They're here to chat with others in the forums, and then immediately regret it when they see too many people on here with your kind of negativity. I may have been on here for 4 years, but guess what, bucko? 4 years ago, what encouraged me to join POF were the forums! I was barely 21 years old and not interested in a relationship because I wasn't completely financially stable yet. So I barely even tried looking for any girls and just became a forum guy for a long time. So...pardon your stupidity, but let me explain this to you in terms that YOU could understand, you moron.

ME ON SITE FOR 4 YEARS. BUT ME NOT TRY AND FIND GIRLS THE ENTIRE 4 YEARS. ME WANT TO HAVE FUN READING AND POST IN FORUMS. ME ONLY TRY TO LOOK FOR WOMEN 6 WEEKS AGO AND ME FIND WOMAN SUCCESSFULLY. I TALK TO WOMAN EVERY DAY ON HERE AND SHE LIKE ME, BECAUSE I NOT LIKE YOU. ME NOT COMPLETE BLOCKHEAD LIKE YOU.

So, it seems like you can still use my advice, schmuck. But I guess you'll only understand it if I translate it into words that a first-grader can read.
 downforit2007
Msg: 73 (view)

Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/23/2010 7:02:52 PM
Don't listen to that guy. People like him who post jerky, negative comments on here are the reason the rest of us have a hard time finding anyone on here, well, for the most part. Congrats to you too, smileforgzus. Glad to hear a success story like yours on here. I've been on here for going on 4 yrs now. I'm real glad I've joined too. Unlike other people who give it just 2 weeks before complaining about this site, I feel that a lot of times, you reel in empty before you get a bite on the fishing rod. I've reeled in empty every time, but I met a girl on here recently. We're still chatting, and it's going great so far in our friendship. Hopefully, we have plans to be with each other in the future. She's a great friend.
So, plentyoffish does work. For those who like the forums, cause it's interesting, and those who look for friendship and *ahem* true love, and who have the patience to see these things through.

God didn't make the universe in just a day. Took a bit of time.
 downforit2007
Msg: 4 (view)

Had my last first date
Posted: 3/23/2010 6:44:37 PM
Hey, good luck to you! Let us know how the relationship is going. Hope to see you in the forums too in the future! Glad to know that there can be some successes in a lake full of fish like us, eh?
 downforit2007
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 3/23/2010 6:40:09 PM

Exactly , hence why it goes back to my point that 99% of the women on this site use it for an ego boost.

Completely untrue. 99% percent of the women on this site just hate your attitude, and that's your problem. Here's what is wrong with YOU. Your profile...if you can call it that...has practically ZERO information and a lack of character. No woman is going to be interested in a statement that just says, "Hi, my name is s0-and-so. Anything else, just message me." They want to get to know what kind of person you are, so they know who they're looking for. I can understand their lack of interest in your *ahem* profile, but yet, you blame it all on them with the words "ego boost."

Maybe you need to change YOUR ego...and your *ahem* profile.
 downforit2007
Msg: 12 (view)

Wow! What a man!
Posted: 3/23/2010 6:29:13 PM

That wonderful, amazing man, who I want to spend the rest of my life with.

Such bullheaded crap from someone who spent barely a couple of weeks on here? This is LUST, not love! She's so friggin desperate, she's ready to sell her life down the river based on ONE profile!!! If you're reading this Hells Daughter, you shouldn't be so quick to decide your life based on ONE guy. I'm glad he drove for 2 hrs to meet you. It shows some commitment there, but what the hell do you know about him anyway? Like one of the others who posted on here, I'll look forward to seeing you crying your eyes out in the Broken Hearts forum.

Sheesh....some people jump the gun just too fast. Maybe she's just drunk with lust and desperate for attention. Or maybe just drunk with lust.
 downforit2007
Msg: 5 (view)

The site sucks , bottom line .
Posted: 3/23/2010 6:20:34 PM
Does that common sense come from the ONE month you've been on this site? WOW, what experience you've had! Hey, you're such a veteran on POF, we should give you your own forum for you to give advice to everybody! So you can tell everybody, "I've been on here 25 days. Everybody on here isn't my type. Waaaaahh! I'm going to give up and you should too!"

Get a grip, man! You think you can just sign up and find instant friends the moment you complete your profile? I'm approaching my 4th year on POF. Sure, there are a lot of jerks, but there are also a lot of good people too who haven't given up hope. And because I'm not willing to give up, I'm still here. But you go ahead and quit, because I guess it won't be the first time you've quit something in life. And I found a great friend on here because I was willing to give it a shot. Thank God I did so she doesn't have to meet any more jerks than she already has.

Take my advice and think it over. You won't find someone in the first month, or maybe in the first year. Otherwise, go call the waaaaaambulance!
 downforit2007
Msg: 126 (view)

Would you marry an illegal alien?
Posted: 3/20/2010 10:01:16 AM
It all depends on the illegal alien's issues. Would she marry me in order to stay with me, or to dump me for divorce the moment she got her green card? Would she be a good cook? Could she have ways to stretch out a paycheck to last a month instead of 2 weeks? Could she be able to speak enough english for us to have a conversation? Because illegal alien or not, communication is VERY important in a marriage.

I could be like the others and say HELL NO. Aliens are bad. America for Americans. Etc. But regardless of what is said about illegal immigration, the opinions on this forum are in NO WAY going to stop the daily migrating traffic streaming across our international borders. So sit back and relax, and let the border security handle it. But in terms of marriage, maybe some of those illegals are so family-oriented, that they'd make better spouses then native-born people could.

Plus, if I were to marry an illegal alien, what's in it for me?
 downforit2007
Msg: 26 (view)

Switched at birth
Posted: 3/20/2010 9:34:14 AM
LOL! Love that movie!

For others who don't know. That was Steve Martin: The Jerk, 1979.

As for my feelings about being switched at birth, I'm just glad it didn't happen to me! Although for many of us, at sometime in our lives when we're not getting along with our parents, we like to think to ourselves that we coulda been switched at birth because our current parents fail to understand us, and we wonder who our "real" parents would be like. I thought that as a kid a couple of times. But the thoughts are brief as we embrace reality and accept that we weren't switched at birth, but we like to think so whenever we don't get along with our folks.

Anyone else ever think that way? It happens sometimes.
 downforit2007
Msg: 201 (view)

I have a great looking girl but............
Posted: 3/17/2010 2:40:12 PM
It's questions like this which make some women out there wonder if all guys seem to think the same way.

It's not how the girl looks, it's the size of her heart that matters. You say she's hot looking and smart and wonderful and all that. If she treats you great, then why question what you have with her? Why should you care how she'll look in the future? If I was to date some plain-looking girl who treated me wonderfully, I wouldn't concern myself with her looks and would respect her for the way she treats me and love her like the way she deserves.
Stop worrying yourself about stupid questions like that and be appreciative of the fact that you have such a nice girl when many others don't.
 downforit2007
Msg: 41 (view)

Are You Always Barefoot?
Posted: 3/17/2010 2:23:17 PM
Due to my hard-labor job requirements, I wear socks, of course, with a good pair of size-13 steel-toed boots with laces. I wear them so much, i get used to them, so I wear them around the house a lot though. Not all the time, and I wouldn't wanna be barefoot in public. Doesn't sound very manly to me at all, even if it's summer! Flip flops seem pretty stupid, and they never stay on your feet, so I never wear the things. I wore them in the army, but only as 'shower shoes', so go figure!
What makes sense to me, and also pretty manly, is that I only have the one pair of feet, so i take care of them by protecting them. And I can't do that by wearing sandals, because your feet are exposed to everything in the elements, like broken glass and stickers, and when it rains, your feet get soaked if you're caught out in the open. So I'm definitely a boots-and-shoes kind of person. If you're not going to the pool or the beach to go swimming, leave the flip-flops at home! Yuk yuk.
 downforit2007
Msg: 162 (view)

Sure glad I don't have a Toyota!
Posted: 3/17/2010 2:13:58 PM

All I need is a vehicle with four wheels...so I can get to wherever I want to go.

Yes, i like your thinking, but that vehicle also needs a STEERING WHEEL and not to mention PROPER BRAKES! If Toyota has a brake recall, that's pretty serious, so don't be thinking of buying a vehicle with four wheels...if it can't even stop on time whenever you get to where you wanted to go! That would suck!
If the insurance companies are aware of this, you Toyota owners are probably going to see a $75 to $100 increase in your policies. Yikes!
 downforit2007
Msg: 38 (view)

Mexican Coca Cola
Posted: 3/17/2010 2:09:00 PM
Mexican coca-cola? I had a U.S. version this morning and it gave me a good buzz to stay awake, but i didn't know mexico had a version. There's a Hispanic store or two just down the street from me. Maybe i'll check it out for myself and see if there's any. How good is it anyway?

By the way, you guys haven't lived until you had the mexico version of ice cream! I had a bowl in Nogales back in '98 and it rocked my world. Yum!
 downforit2007
Msg: 16 (view)

Why is this even in the constitution.......
Posted: 3/10/2010 9:04:23 PM

I may think there are some MAJOR changes that need to be made in our current government, but call me a wuss, I don't want to live in a land filled with war to change it. I also don't think many Americans now have the stomach for it either.

Call me wrong, but it looks like we're already in a WAR to start. Obama has declared war on the American people, which was his intention in the first place. The economy has hurt the working class of American people while he does nothing to change it. If you want a change in government, then nitpicking with little cardboard signs in the Capitol isn't going to change a thing. War is the only way, or an "uprising" as history terms to call it. That is the only way to bring down a wicked government. If enough people stand behind an uprising to change the government, especially the army, then we can, and only then, can we succeed.
If we protest in words and petitions to the government, nothing will be done. Obama and 90 percent of our elected leaders already think that the American people and their opinions don't seem to matter, except in elections.
Want a better leader? Then don't vote for him in the next election. And the United States with it's corrupt government will die of natural causes. No country our size can tend to stay forever under one government. I guess that's what happened to the Roman Empire and other great nations in history.
Look at how much Europe's borders and governments have changed in the past 100 years...
 downforit2007
Msg: 244 (view)

Would you date a Tomboy ?
Posted: 3/9/2010 3:56:22 PM

Guys like us as friends but would rather date girly chicks and basically ignore us.

Not THIS guy! I think tomboys are wicked awesome! I think it's cool for a girl to be involved with sports and other athletics. Rock climbing and hiking and fishing to be involved as well! It would be nice if I could hang out with a special someone who I could play one-on-one with for basketball, practice pitches for baseball, and other stuff. Having a woman who shares your interests in playing the game is just as cool as one who would stand in the bleachers to cheer you on.
Just my 2 cents. Pass it on.
 downforit2007
Msg: 26 (view)

Just found out my 19yr old son has chosen to join the Marines
Posted: 3/9/2010 3:40:34 PM
Good forum topic! Well, I never served in the Marine Corps, but I did do a stint in the Army as a combat engineer a few years back. So I would know how it feels to talk about where you'd be in a year while serving in uniform...if you made it a year at all.
I was trained at Stateside posts, but never made it to Iraq myself. My sergeants were very adamant about us keeping tough in order to stay alive if we ever made it to a war zone. It could be different for the Marines, though. All that talk about what your family is: Unit, Corps, God, Country stuff.
After I enlisted at 19, my parents had different things to say about it. Figures, because they're divorced. My mom deeply opposed my enlistment and not once, did she try to contact me when I was away. What an ingrate! My dad, who served tours in the Navy, Army, Air Force, and made it out as a staff sergeant, supported my decision and never let me forget how proud I was. He said to don't worry about being killed in battle. He said to do your best and you'll come home alive, simple as that.
I hope this stuff has been welcome for you to hear about...and everyone else who is reading my post as well!
 downforit2007
Msg: 38 (view)

Love & Money
Posted: 3/5/2010 7:49:02 PM
My money is strictly budgeted to the last dollar, so yes, I have COMPLETE control of my financial demands. Course, I put a few bucks away for a rainy day, so if my car is low on gas or I need something in case of an emergency, I have money ready for that. I'm not rich, but I don't go around with a debit card that has no balance either. You just gotta think about the things you WANT and the things you NEED into two different categories. Do I wanna buy this $25 CD? No! I think i'll go buy groceries instead and save up for the CD later!
When it comes to budgeting money, I seem to have a lot of street smarts. The love will come later, I guess.
 downforit2007
Msg: 73 (view)

It's not POF--it's the phonies!
Posted: 3/3/2010 4:27:38 PM

Hey guys many men in here are phonies too...

Yeah, I suppose many of those "phony men" are gold diggers too, only interested if the person on the profile seems to make over $50k a year and drives a nice car! Geez, you're a jerk! What's wrong? You latch onto guys because their profile sounded like they were rich and successful but you then find out that they barely make $25k a year and you ditch them for someone else? In my book, anyone who can make the rent with money to spare is successful. That makes ME successful.

Go latch onto another site with your "men are phony" crap. At least I get to read about some women who are leaving this site because they found a wonderful guy to be with in no regards to his financial assets. Maybe I'll be one of those guys too.
 downforit2007
Msg: 29 (view)

Whiney Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/2/2010 4:25:39 PM

If she needed to stay on the flight coming out of mexico that bad, couldn't she have been plaxed where the landing gear retracts with the illegals?

No way! Absolutely IMPOSSIBLE! Already been thought of! WHY? Because there's no room for her to be with the illegals in the landing gear. So many illegals, the plane is already top heavy with them, and her peanut-hating butt being crammed in there wouldn't even let the plane take off.
 downforit2007
Msg: 14 (view)

Russian/Ukraine girls seem to be after you?
Posted: 3/2/2010 4:17:34 PM

Very common to see large age difference, they marry to money and security over there.

If the ukranian women do this, then they're not much different than many of the women in this country. You'd be surprised to find out that even though you're generally a nice guy, the available women in the area will completely look up their noses at you just because you don't have a credit rating, a nice car, a college degree, and because your $9.25/hr job isn't good enough for them. It isn't enough security and money for women to accept over here as well.

At this point, I'd gladly accept the offer of a russian/ukranian woman to date her. Of course, she'd have to come over here and I'd have to meet her first. Cause when the local women are jerks, you sometimes have to take what you can get.

I wouldn't marry the woman, of course. I'm just looking for a friend to be with, someone who will actually call you to see how you're doing, stuff like that.
 downforit2007
Msg: 225 (view)

Why are most men afraid of the M word?
Posted: 3/5/2008 12:34:32 PM

Enjoy being single. It's fun! It's liberating. I wouldn't give up my freedom for anything or anyone.

That statement only works for women, that's all. I don't want to get married either and I find single life exciting and natural for my groove. But if a man mentions that, then he's labeled as selfish and not a "real man." Funny how when women say they want their freedom, everyone applauds her opinion, but they hate the men who say the same thing.
Equality my butt! This equality thing only puts more men in the dark, because they're EXPECTED to get married by society rules. But a woman who wishes freedom is perfectly normal by society rules.
 downforit2007
Msg: 25 (view)

GA Man won 270 million in lotto!!
Posted: 2/28/2008 1:55:36 PM
I'm happy for the guy. Now all his dreams can come true.

As for me, if I was to win that kind of money, I'd definitely quit my job, bank it all and live off the interest, and tell all my new friends and the girls swarming around me to go to hell. I'd keep only the friends and family that I had before.
Those are the people who truly care about you. And always remember, a fool and his gold are soon parted, so watch out!
 downforit2007
Msg: 161 (view)

Do men still look for old fashioned girls?
Posted: 2/28/2008 1:41:40 PM
I'll gladly take an old-fashioned girl. They are so HOT and have the right standards.
But how do I know that any of them exist inside the United States anymore? Most of them who are old-fashioned are either Quakers or live overseas.
 downforit2007
Msg: 302 (view)

How would you feel about a WOMAN with a GUN?
Posted: 2/28/2008 1:31:58 PM
I'd never date a woman with a gun.
Why? Because in times of anger, it'd call a hint for her to try and threaten me with it. "If you don't say anything nice, I'll shoot you in your sleep!" Would you date a woman like that if they think the same things about guys?
I'm not saying NO ONE has the right to own a gun. That's what one of our laws says: The right to bear arms.

Except in the days of gun control, you have the right to bear arms IF...
you pass an extensive 15-day background check.
you actually have $400 to waste on a weapon that you'd probably never use.
you don't look like a psycho.
you don't sound too eager to buy a gun, like you're gonna shoot someone.
you don't carry it around in public.
you don't shoot it within city limits.
you're not a woman who plans on threatening her date with it in order to manipulate him.
 downforit2007
Msg: 78 (view)

How important is money?
Posted: 2/28/2008 1:17:31 PM

a mans bankroll should have no importance to anyone else...but the man who it belongs to.

I'd love to hear that same thing mentioned on VALENTINE'S DAY. That's one of the days where the man's bankroll DOES matter, by how much he spends on her that day to get her into the "romantic" sense of things.
 downforit2007
Msg: 2 (view)

Is my profile GOOD OR BAD
Posted: 1/22/2008 8:13:13 AM
Not too bad, not too shabby. It's not your profile, but the PERSON who is trying to insult you. I mean, come on, you own your own store, you like eating at the buffet, what is exactly wrong with that?
But then again, I have yet to understand the kind of people who do.

Good luck out there!
 downforit2007

new pic on profile
Posted: 1/22/2008 8:11:01 AM
I've been here for a year, and never had a picture posted up until a couple of days ago. My sister took it on her cellphone, and downloaded it online for me. What do you think of it? Grade my pic, not my profile, please.
 downforit2007
Msg: 23 (view)

Traditional Man in a new world
Posted: 1/22/2008 7:12:46 AM
Here are MY opinions. Hope everybody's taking notes!

1. Opening doors for a lady.
It's polite and very nice for the guy, which I do all the time. But hence the word: lady. We all worry about the woman who'll slap us and accuse us of being a pig, and that they can open their own doors. But those people are not in terms of what I call a lady anyway.

2. Shaving(Ladies)Greatly encouraged. Would you date a woman who looks like she has an afro under each arm? What a nightmare!

3. Telling a man you're about to abort his and your child.
Who cares if it's LEGAL? It's wrong, and we all know it. If you don't want to keep the child, then put it up for adoption. You decide that you want to kill it, and you can never fully look another child in the face again, or watch a movie with one in it, knowing that you killed someone who would've turned out to be just as terrific.

4. Men paying for dinner.
That, I can do, or if the woman agrees, we can split the check. But I'm just not about to pay the full bill for a restaurant that charges $150 per course or something like that.

5. Gifts, just because.
When the right occasion comes along, sure, why not? But I'm not about to buy something majorly expensive just because it's Valentine's Day. There's a lot more you can do to show a woman you care without having to buy gifts all the time.

6. Cooking(for men and women)
I can cook. My family knows I can cook, and I don't burn the food either. But sometimes, it'd be nice to see what the woman can come up with as well. Does she have any secret family recipes to show off? I'd love that.

7. Household chores(men)
You ever hear of compromise? We split the chores down the middle. Fifty-fifty. But I can do stuff like mow the lawn or take out the garbage full-time.

8. Driver(men or women) I'm not about to say that women can't drive, because some men can't drive worth crap either. I don't care who drives, but you better put down that stinkin cell phone and turn it off because no call is important enough in order to take your mind off staying alive on those dangerous streets.

9. Religion for child(fathers or mothers)
Like I said before, compromise. None of us has to convert to the other's religion if we don't want to, but what a good way for the child is have them go to separate services every other week, and then let them choose one for themselves once they're older, or just let them go to both services as long as they can stand it.

Sounds pretty good, don't you think?
 downforit2007
Msg: 30 (view)

Looking to start a get together
Posted: 1/9/2008 9:11:20 PM
So far, it's been a year, and us Utah members can't even lift ONE single party off the ground? We're all good about planning nonexistent parties, but they never happen. I've been reading these forums and NEVER saw a date, time, or place. Oh, let's go to Delta, let's go to Hurricane Valley, let's try the Salt LAKE valley!
Either get with the program, people, or stop making these threads. I'd LOVE to go and hang out, have a party, but obviously, I get my hopes up for nothing.

What we need to really do in order to keep this UT forum alive and packing is to go around and recruit all our friends to this site, so we can plan parties better.
 downforit2007

where to look to start dating ..
Posted: 1/9/2008 9:05:20 PM
The only single activities I know of are LDS-related ones. And they have Singles Wards posted all around the entire Salt Lake-Ogden area.
That's the best I can give you. After all, I may have grown up in UT, but this is the first time that I've been back in years.
 downforit2007
Msg: 4 (view)

LIFES FANTASY
Posted: 1/9/2008 9:02:39 PM
Hey, I'm a decent guy who is willing to truly care about women. In fact, I DO care for women right now. I've always respected them because that's the way I was brought up. I'm 22 years old and haven't even slept with someone even ONCE.

But the problem is, I've never meant a woman who has truly cared for ANY man in particular, least of all, me. And so, I'm unwilling to go into a relationship where I respect them, but she never respects me in return.
Do unto others as they do unto you.
 downforit2007
Msg: 119 (view)

Favorite Family Guy Lines
Posted: 1/9/2008 3:38:44 PM
How about the one where Peter Griffin poses as a high-school student undercover in order to expose the toad-licking phase going around school?(Don't ask me how the toad-licking thing started.)
The musical that Peter sings in front of the student body is priceless.

"Buddy, give it up...give up the toad now...ooh, ooh, ooh..."

And how Peter got to have the principal agree with his undercover task.

PETER: And that's my plan! What do you think?

PRINCIPAL: All you did was sit down and say, 'That's my plan.'

downforit2007
Msg: 118 (view)

Favorite Family Guy Lines
Posted: 1/9/2008 3:29:34 PM
My favorite episode from Family Guy(I recorded all the episodes!)is when Peter and his family meet the family of s, who invite them over for dinner after Peter saved the guy's life out in the ocean ("I thought his bathing suit washed off!" Peter exclaims.). After the dinner, Chris is sitting in the car muttering "Boobies!" over and over again! Lois warns him to stop, but he won't. Finally, Peter and Lois put on their thick protective glasses and Lois flashes him with a deneuralizer from the Men In Black movies, making him think they just came back from the zoo.

Priceless! hahahahahahaha!
 downforit2007

Fashionably dressed
Posted: 1/9/2008 1:30:24 PM
I meant the OUTDOOR look. Not the indoor fashion.
I already know that women aren't gonna go out in public dressed in nothing but a bra and panties. It'd be a good laugh, though, for some, I guess.
 downforit2007

Fashionably dressed
Posted: 1/9/2008 1:21:50 PM
What is the most common outfit that you like to wear this season? And is it meant for comfortable wearing, or on-the-market outfits to just look good in, or something that you REALLY like to wear?
Just out of curiosity, because I see all women wearing different things, but I want to know what is the most COMMON?
 downforit2007
Msg: 27 (view)

Night Shift....
Posted: 1/9/2008 12:57:40 PM
I work on the night shift. You get better hours and better pay when you do where I work. Plus, it sure beats having to get up early in the morning too.
I get off work at 10 pm. If I preferred, I could party half the night and sleep in without having to worry about getting up at 5 am like at my last job. I don't start work till 4 pm, so it's not really much of a big deal.
 downforit2007
Msg: 84 (view)

Have you been tempted to lie about your weight ?
Posted: 1/9/2008 12:54:55 PM
I wouldn't lie about my weight at all. Actually, I'm pretty proud of it. Being my height and age, there's nothing I should be ashamed of it.
I'm 22 and I weigh about 210 pounds, a lot of it in rock-solid muscle from my Army days. Sounds pretty good, dontcha think?
 downforit2007
Msg: 15 (view)

Home Schooling &…Seclusion ?
Posted: 1/9/2008 12:45:30 PM
Home schooling is NOT seclusion. In the type of schools that I attended all my life, I WISH that I was home schooled. Better to have your parents teach you, instead of worrying where you fit into life with the competitive streak that kids have these days, and the cruel streak that many others have.

Here are some examples that differ public school from home schooling:

HOME: Your parents teach you all you really need to know to get you into a good college.
PUBLIC: School teachers only give you the information that the school board will release.

HOME: Never having to worry about bullies, cliques, or forgetting your locker combination.
PUBLIC:A nesting area of all kinds of trash-talkers. You only have a couple of minutes between classes to go to your next class, you get judged by the clothes you wear or from what background you come from, and you're exposed to the resentful attitude that all kids have that get them into trouble.

HOME: Class begins at any time after you wake up and your parents are more involved into what your schoolwork is like.
PUBLIC: Class begins at 7:00- 7:30. Too early for those who like sleeping. And you have to hide your report card from your parents every time the quarter season ends. When they ask how school was, you say, "Fine." and change the subject.

HOME: Lunchtime is free. You get a tuna sandwich or a PB&J any time you like.
PUBLIC: School lunch is often inedible, and costs up to $2.00. Go figure. Need I say more?

HOME: Not having to worry about waking up on time to catch that big, yellow, smelly bus that has gum on half the seats, and then having to get back home on it.
PUBLIC: Having to worry about if your school spirit during pep rally is up to par.

And that's just my $0.02.
 downforit2007
Msg: 16 (view)

Do you enjoy what you do for a living?
Posted: 1/9/2008 12:31:50 PM
I actually do. I get great benefits and good hours. The salary could be a bit more for my needs, but it's decent to start out with.
And I'm also a novelist. Once my books hit the market, I'll be getting a lot of money and fame BIG TIME! So, you might say that I actually enjoy what I do. I work from the early afternoon to 10 pm as assistant manager of a Quizno's restaurant, and it's not bad. When I'm off work, I tackle my books, one of which will be ready in a few months.
 downforit2007
Msg: 11 (view)

are there women out there that are TRULY DECENT?
Posted: 1/9/2008 11:48:20 AM
Materialism is always one of the main things that make a relationship fail.
Women say that now...that they want a man with a running car, and a job, and then they want more afterwards. They might want a car to match the one that the people living next door have. Then they complain because his mediocre job isn't paying enough for their needs. And next up, he HAS to be the CEO of the Bank of Utah and then, it still won't be enough. It'll get worse and worse until the woman gets everything she expects, and the man gets financially ruined.
Materialism is NEVER the way to go in relationships. I know because I used to date a material . She'd expect me to pay THIS much on a date for her, but she'd have a screaming fit if I so much as asked for 5 bucks in gas money.
I want a woman who'll like me for ME. Not because of what car I drive, or the lack of salary in a job that he has. It'll never be enough for women with materialistic needs, and women like that are the most unattractive in a relationship.
 downforit2007

Has anyone been to Russia ?
Posted: 1/9/2008 11:38:23 AM
I'm hoping to plan a vacation out there in the near future. Might be Moscow, might be Kiev. All I know is what my friends told me. Russia is GREAT to travel! And it's the exotic getaway from the United States as well. I have a friend who married someone from Russia, and he says the women there are HOT!
I might be compelled to believe him. So it should be a good place to meet women.
 downforit2007

come on utah
Posted: 1/9/2008 11:32:19 AM
I got something to say, but then again, there's not a lot of POF members in Utah, are there? Give me a break. I only moved here three weeks ago from Pennsylvania.
 downforit2007
Msg: 10 (view)

why is it so hard to find the right woman.
Posted: 1/9/2008 11:30:38 AM
It's not what YOU did to make them walk off. It's what THEY did. If they don't like you for who you are, then they're not even worth TALKING to. No one should blame themselves for not being able to find the right when it's the woman's decision at fault to leave them.

I'm 22, single, haven't and probably will NEVER meet the right , and I'm as happy as hell. I don't let relationships control my life.
 downforit2007
Msg: 13 (view)

Question , marriage in Utah
Posted: 1/9/2008 11:28:07 AM
Who would want to marry when they are only 14?
That puts a damper on things to come. Having to juggle school, homework, and a marriage all together.
The LDS religion doesn't even permit dating until they are at least 16, and only group dating at first.
 downforit2007
Msg: 78 (view)

It's the cell phone or me !!!
Posted: 1/9/2008 11:19:49 AM
Cell phones are an unnecessary luxury.
They have also bypassed "alcohol" as the main reason of car crashes. I see more people concentrating on talking on their cell phones while driving, instead of focusing on the road. And cell phones aren't good in a relationship. People are more OPEN to their cell phones then they are to their boy/girlfriend.
And also the reason of trick ads in those shopping malls. I was walking in a mall once where some idiots were advertising to sell FREE cell phones, and I went to investigate. Turns out that it IS free...after you pay 200 bucks to activate the phone.
 downforit2007
Msg: 59 (view)

What does modern day marriage mean to you?
Posted: 1/9/2008 11:15:45 AM
Msg 36. You simply don't understand the ways of the legality system these days, or you are in pure denial of it.
It's the legal system that ruins marriage today, the way they try to run your lives. It's what enables the unfair rulings in divorce court, and all because you signed a paper. It's the legal system that has us go about the saying: Marriage will ruin your relationship. As long as you're boyfriend/girlfriend, the government can't get involved.
But in the LEGAL matters of things, you're not really marrying the other person. You're really marrying the state.

Show ALL Forums