Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Understanding Blokes?
 restless_native
Msg: 41 (view)

Understanding Blokes?
Posted: 7/18/2009 5:23:28 PM
Do women really understand bloke's as much as they think they do ?

Women understand blokes as much as they feel like doing at any given time.

Blokes refer to this phenomena as bird logic.
 restless_native
Msg: 21 (view)

Safely Home
Posted: 7/18/2009 6:46:26 AM
I,m not saying women are not capable of taking care of themselves and capable of getting home,i,m saying how some of us women feel vulnerable being out alone late at night!If i,m on a night out,i,m out with a group of people and we all travel together.I,m not going to intentionally put myself in a vulnerable position!

That's understandable. However, what I fail to understand is how this becomes the responsibility of the employer if a person enters the position knowing that they are going to have to actually be able to get to and from work.
 restless_native
Msg: 46 (view)

How do you tell someone they smell?
Posted: 7/18/2009 4:26:25 AM
How can I broach the subject nicely

Start the converstaion with.....

"Excuse me Pongo, can I have a word with you about something in our well ventilated car park?"
 restless_native
Msg: 19 (view)

Safely Home
Posted: 7/18/2009 4:21:49 AM
Message 25,they are the company i work for and maybe their policies have changed or different managers do things differently,i dont know.I was not told at the time that i would be required to work shifts that late and i still do not have a contract(which i will be chasing up)

Originally you asked a general question about the reponsibilities of employers and I stand by my original answer. People shouldn't accept a position if they think that logistically it will prove problematic.

However, now it sounds to me as if you are unhappy with your employer on many different levels and the problems you are encountering are not general ones but specific to your situation. If it's that crap the only answer is to look for something else.
 restless_native
Msg: 2 (view)

Safely Home
Posted: 7/17/2009 5:41:28 PM

Anyway the question is when women have to work late in the evening,should it be the employers responsibility to make sure they get home safely?

No. The practicalities of how a person will get to and from their place of employment is something they should consider before accepting the position.
 restless_native
Msg: 20 (view)

Man walks on the moon
Posted: 7/16/2009 5:16:10 AM
For example?

They didn't bring any cheese back for a start.
 restless_native
Msg: 45 (view)

The word fancy, Is this word said, to say you are sexual attracted?
Posted: 7/15/2009 3:49:45 PM

Nice attempt at justifying a sweeping statement

How can a sentence that contains the word "sometimes" be a sweeping statement? I don't know if you noticed. But, I actually highlighted that again in my last post. Maybe I was too subtle for you. Would it help if I wrote SOMETIMES in caps maybe?

I would attempt to clarify my point further for you. But, I wouldn't want to come across as being patronising luv.
 restless_native
Msg: 39 (view)

Posted: 7/15/2009 10:35:43 AM
so because a woman dosent sleep with a man she has issues? i think the fact that someone geuinely believes that, is a much bigger issue to worry about.

I said sometimes as it can sometimes be the case. Not always. But, it's not impossible is it? It might not be the case in every instance. But, it can be sometimes. Have you spotted the key word I'm using here? If the cap doesn't fit I fail to see why someone would try to go out of their way to try and defend wearing it.

9/10 for taking a comment out of context to start a row. I'm not playing though.
 restless_native
Msg: 9 (view)

Who sets our Moral Standards?
Posted: 7/15/2009 9:48:17 AM
A nice house with a garden full of gnomes, paid for legitimately with no real abuse of trust.

Apparently you're only actually allowed to claim for the second gnome.
 restless_native
Msg: 33 (view)

Fishing
Posted: 7/15/2009 9:45:14 AM
I could never get my head around fishing. I've tried it but I just got bored.

Doing an impression of a gnome for hours on end isn't my idea of fun really.
 restless_native
Msg: 11 (view)

Help needed: English grammar issue
Posted: 7/15/2009 9:41:10 AM
I don't think grammar is that important as long as you can make your point effectively. I'd say the same about spelling as well.

The English language is just too weird sometimes with all the unnecessary confusing letters in words like pneumatic and gnome.
 restless_native

Who sets our Moral Standards?
Posted: 7/15/2009 8:51:36 AM
This is one of those threads where you'll gets lots of self righteous people banging on about what a disgrace it is and how they'd never do such a thing.

The reality is that in the same situation I think most people would probably do the same. Rules come in very handy for hiding behind sometimes with people conveniently oblivious to the fact that they aren't acting within the spirit of them if it suits their own ends.

"Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools."

Douglas Bader.
 restless_native
Msg: 10 (view)

Expletives can be funny :P
Posted: 7/15/2009 7:24:44 AM
Many moons ago someone I bumped into on t'internet had a habit of calling me a twatend. I've no idea what it meant. But, the fact she was Welsh probably explains it somehow.

It's just one of those words that for an unknown reason makes me smile. Obviously I've wheeled it out myself since in polite conversation as well only to find that others are equally as amused by this strange word.
 restless_native
Msg: 27 (view)

Swine Flu? Is our NHS reactive when they should be proactive?
Posted: 7/14/2009 6:21:06 PM

I wonder if you are a single parent of a child whose temperature is not coming down and is not eating and is not responding well how would you react ???????

I'm not in that position and neither are the vast majority of other people. The risk is that resources could be diverted from people like those you mention by others who are needlessly putting a strain on the system.

This happened to my friend, her boy was really badly, constantly vomiting, not eating and with high temperature for days and dehydrated and needed emergency attention twice.

How would you feel if your friends boy didn't get immediate medical treatment because all the medical staff were busy dealing with people who just felt a bit off colour?
 restless_native
Msg: 25 (view)

Swine Flu? Is our NHS reactive when they should be proactive?
Posted: 7/14/2009 4:09:18 PM
People need to just get a little perspective. It's not an outbreak of the black death that we're talking about. Just something that might put you in bed for a couple of days with a fever.

If anything needless pressure is being put on NHS resources by panicking halfwits demanding action because they think they have a bit of a sniffle.
 restless_native
Msg: 7 (view)

ARSENAL AND THEIR VIEWS
Posted: 7/14/2009 7:12:11 AM
i'm all for city spending their millions on players .. it takes the heat off chelsea who have been everyones target for the "buying the title" whingers ..

Every team that wins the Premiership nowadays has bought it to one degree or another. Otherwise we wouldn't see such domination by the clubs with the most money.

I think the majority of people who whinge about clubs who buy the title are just envious because their team might not be in a position to do it. Given the choice I imagine most supporters would prefer to have billionaires backing their teams. Obviosuly I don't mean American billionaires who saddle the club with debt in a dodgy tax write off kind of way.

I'm c0ck a hoop about the current situation at City. And that's not a phrase I'm in the habit of using in polite conversation usually.
 restless_native
Msg: 5 (view)

ARSENAL AND THEIR VIEWS
Posted: 7/14/2009 6:26:41 AM

The situation at Man City is not good for football in any way and they won't win anything by just buying big name mercenaries.

That's a rather bold statement to make. Whilst I agree that cash alone doesn't win anything teams can't be successful without the cash.

All the successful clubs have had strong financial clout behind them. You can't win the premiership these days without spending cash on mercenaries. The days of teams like Leeds and Blackburn taking the trophy are long gone unfortunately.

As a life long City fan I'm pretty confident that the Premiership trophy will reside in our trophy cabinet at some point in the near future. It's just a question of how much they want for it.
 restless_native
Msg: 30 (view)

Posted: 7/14/2009 4:25:15 AM

Just because a woman decides not to sleep with a man on the first few dates does not make her a failing, spinster or lesbian

Obviously.

Only a fool would make a sweeping generalisation of that kind which is why I was very careful to use the word "sometimes"
 restless_native
Msg: 28 (view)

Posted: 7/14/2009 4:10:09 AM
I do sometimes suspect that a guy who complains that women don't "give themselves" easily is just not too successful at getting any.

I see what you did there. You cunningly turned my statement around to have a pop at me in the hope of diverting attention from the point being made in the hope that others don't actually know the difference between complaining and making a simple observation.

Its human nature for people to sometimes find external reasons for their own failings rather than to admit that the problem may lie with themselves. Women using self respect as the reason for them remaining single is just one example of this. There are others, a lot of which relate to men. But, they aren't relevant to the topic being discussed at the moment.

Another observation which I have made is that sometimes people in denial can also be defensively hostile.
 restless_native
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 7/14/2009 3:38:30 AM
I do sometimes suspect that women who aren't able to get a man simply fool themselves into thinking that it's because they have too much respect for themselves and aren't willing to give themselves easily.

Spinsters in denial.
 restless_native
Msg: 6 (view)

Are Notherners really discriminated against?
Posted: 7/13/2009 3:55:37 PM
This is actually quite a clever electoral tactic.

Most people who don't actually live in the South East do feel alienated from Westminster. They also feel that a disproportianate amount of resources is given to that region. So I can see what labour are attempting to do by coming out with this in order to win favour with northerners.

You never know. There might even be a few people who are dumb enough not to see through this complete load of bollox.
 restless_native

Posted: 7/13/2009 9:57:18 AM
Some females are waiting for respect and romance.

Which is probably why they spend so long on the shelf whilst the ones who don't mind giving up the goods get all the fellas.
 restless_native
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 7/13/2009 9:33:38 AM

Am I wrong to think it is a word used to state a sort of sexual attraction?

You are not wrong.

When a gentleman informs a lady that he fancies her it is simply a polite way of saying that he'd like to knob her.
 restless_native
Msg: 15 (view)

Russia to propse New World Currency at G-20
Posted: 7/12/2009 7:53:42 AM
For practical reasons it actually makes very good sense.

Businesses would find it much easier to traed with overseas partners and the average person would no longer have to pay charges to bank to change their cash whenever they went abroad.

However, I still can't see it happening. Even thought there aren't really any good practical reason not to do it there are far too many people who want to retain individual currencies for largely emotional reasons.
 restless_native
Msg: 50 (view)

Superiority.
Posted: 7/10/2009 6:55:05 AM

Is the idea that we are all equall a myth that those lower down the pecking order choose to beleive to assuage their own feelings of inadequacy?

According to many psychologists it's the people with the most insecurities who will overcompensate in an attempt to prove that they aren't actually inadequate.

They can prattle on endlessly without actually saying anything in an attempt to bolster their own image in the eyes of others.

It doesn't work as people like that generally just get on others t1ts though unfortunately.
 restless_native
Msg: 22 (view)

atheist camp
Posted: 7/8/2009 9:37:43 AM
surely pushing atheism onto kids is brainwashing in the same way that religion is..

Probably.

But, if god botherers can send their offspring away to learn about their beliefs it seems reasonable that atheists should have the same option.

There really should be a camp for agnostics. After all they are the only group who we know are right for sure.
 restless_native
Msg: 4 (view)

Should Life mean life?
Posted: 7/7/2009 9:35:20 AM

Do you believe that life should mean life especially in the case of murder?

Each case is different and so the circumstances should mean that sentances vary. There shouldn't be a one size fits all approach as this couldn't really be called justice.

Maybe we chould just drop the term "life" as it seems to confuse many people who take it literally when in this context that isn't the way it's intended.
 restless_native

Do we really need protecting?
Posted: 7/1/2009 3:33:47 AM
I'm not sure what we spend right now, does anyone know?

There's a subtle clue to the answer you seek in post 6.
 restless_native

Do we really need protecting?
Posted: 7/1/2009 3:05:20 AM
We do need the armed forces to protect our interests.

However, I very much doubt that we actually need to spend around £35billion a year, which is what we currently do, to achieve this.

Defence is more of a business than a necessity nowadays.
 restless_native
Msg: 22 (view)

nhs in ruins?
Posted: 7/1/2009 2:55:45 AM
I don't really understand why people constantly bleat on about the NHS. Considering the amount we each individually have to pay for it I think that it represents remarkable value for money.

In the vast majority of cases if we get injured or are taken ill we are cared for without having to worry ourselves about whether we can actually afford the treatment. There are millions of people in countries around the world who would trade places with us in an instant due to that fact alone.
 restless_native

Paparazzi pics, news or an invasion of privacy?
Posted: 6/29/2009 6:09:21 PM
Your thoughts please.

The only reason that the Paparazzi act in the way that they do is beacuse they know that there are plenty of morons out there who want to look at the pictures which they get paid a few quid for taking.
 restless_native

Anyone here with arthritis? Or swine flu?
Posted: 6/29/2009 6:05:27 PM
I recently discovered a large pimple on my left buttock and so I too am concerned that this may be a symptom of swine flu.

Obviously I've emailed Sky News to ask them how worried I should. But, so far I'm still waiting for a response.
 restless_native
Msg: 40 (view)

Michael Jackson Has Died? *
Posted: 6/29/2009 5:24:02 PM

all you haters would be laughing on the other side of your face if people were bad mouthing someone in your family that had died.

I think that's the whole point really. This bloke wasn't a member of anyones family who has so far commented.

A lot of people can't understand why others can get so emotional about the death of someone they've never met. After all he was just a pop singer. It's hardly as if we've lost someone who was about to find the cure for cancer is it?

I simply don't understand how so many people can come out weeping and wailing for someone like Jacko when they don't seem to bat an eyelid over the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent people in worldwide conflicts every year. It's all about perspective and some people just don't seem to have any.
 restless_native

The Blame Game..
Posted: 6/29/2009 4:44:22 AM
So,the man who is walking home, alone,drunk as a skunk,and gets raped is contributing to it?

As I understood it the original question wasn't whether or not criminals are to blame for their behaviour as they obviously are. But, why people sometimes also blame the victim.

This is the point I'm addressing. The reason people sometimes blame victims is because they believe that if they acted differently which usually involves using more common sense they wouldn't have been a victim at all.

This could apply to a man walking home alone and getting raped, or to a person who went away for the weekend leaving all their windows open, or to someone leaving valuables in plain view in their car, or a woman who gets into an unlicensed taxi.

MSg 33 ...This is what I mean though.. Why should law abiding citizens have to alter their behaviour patterns just because of a small scumbag element?

In an ideal world we shouldn't. But, as we don't live in an ideal world we have to make adjustments accordingly to keep ourselves safe.
 restless_native

The Blame Game..
Posted: 6/29/2009 4:26:46 AM
A woman wearing a short skirt and crop top cannot be to blame for a rapists sick actions.The fact that she decided to put herself in that position by walking that route is what is questionable

Exactly. Like most crimes the perpetrator needs the opportunity to commit it. Obviously a crime doesn't happen unless there is criminal intent. However, it can usually have been prevented if the victim had taken a different course of action.

Knowing about the possible consequences of our own actions leads us to act in certain ways to try and eliminate the risk of bad things happening to us at the hands of others. Anyone who goes through life oblivious to these consequences is simply being naive.
 restless_native
Msg: 5 (view)

The Blame Game..
Posted: 6/29/2009 4:06:41 AM
As someone else has pointed out I think that this is more about using common sense than the rights of women to wear what they like.

If a woman chooses to walk home alone drunk in the early hours down a dark alley wearing a short skirt and a crop top she's a fool in exactly the same way as someone who leaves a laptop in plain view on the passenger seat of an unlocked car.

We'd all like to live in a eutopian society where nothing bad ever happened. But, the sad fact is that we don't and so sensible people take precautions to reduce the risks to themselves.
 restless_native
Msg: 13 (view)

Your thoughts please.
Posted: 6/27/2009 8:04:24 AM
Yet more proof that if you apply enough bird logic to any given situation you can eventually make two and two add up to seven and the bloke will be at fault.
 restless_native

Q. What is our purpose in life?
Posted: 6/22/2009 8:25:29 AM
Just like a man to ASSUME that God wears underpants and is therefore a MAN

God is genderless, it's an energy in the universe that instigated creation.

I wasn't assuming. I'm sure I read something about it in a book once and I'm pretty certain that the quote wasn't "Our asexual being, who art in heaven".

I suppose I could be wrong though.

We are here to recognise the majesty of that energy and to acknowledge its greatness and be in awe.

From time to time enlightened people who have taped into that energy have formulated amazing 'revelations' as a guidance for mankind in many different languages nations and populations.

The mark of God given knowledge has one thing in common, it encourages you to live in harmony with everything around you. If the teaching incites you to live otherwise it is not from God.

Parts of these amazing teachings live on still in many revealed works. Some have been altered for the politcal aims of man at the time but the core purity of God Given Knowledge is there for anyone who wants to find it.

While we exist we will pass through many dimensions of existence. When we leave this dimension we will pass to the eternal state of being. Where we will be acountable for how we lived our lives in this dimension. So do all you can do and be all you can be with honour and justice.

When people express their own personal beliefs as if they are stating facts I usually find that's one brick wall that I haven't got the patience to bang my head against.

Salem Aleikum

restless_native

Q. What is our purpose in life?
Posted: 6/22/2009 5:28:04 AM
To ask the question "what is our purpose?" a person has to be working under the assumption that there is actually a purpose which is a massive assumption to make.

You may as well have a debate about what colour underpants god was wearing last Thursday.
 restless_native
Msg: 12 (view)

Stop and search: white people held 'to balance racial statistics'
Posted: 6/18/2009 4:07:34 PM
Please try not to be so flippant about actions that caused the deaths of British soldiers.

I wasn't.
 restless_native

Posted: 6/18/2009 7:51:34 AM
wrong restless the irish terrorists are to busy in government and fiddling there expenses!

I was talking about the ones who do things like disguising themselves as pizza delivery boys in order to murder soldiers.

Believe it or not, not all Irish are the same. You know. In the same way as not all Muslims wear suicide belts under their cardigans.
 restless_native
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 6/18/2009 7:33:26 AM
if the police are stopping and searching a certain group because of a threat of say...muslim or irish extremisim

You're forgetting that Irish extremists can't be considered as being terroroists nowadays as their skins aren't dark enough apparently.

Their actions must just be simply down to high spirits. The little scamps.

I think I'm right in saying that the last terrorist activity to take place in the UK was committed by a white group, can someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

It depends how you define terrorism I suppose and whom the acts are against. Skinheads who petrol bomb mosques are freedom fighters.
 restless_native

Posted: 6/18/2009 6:33:25 AM
Whether you like it or not when it comes to crime race is likely to play a factor in determining who likely culprits are. That isn't to say it's the only factor though. A lot also depends upon the environment and the situation.

For example in the eyes of the police a black teenager riding a mountain bike through Moss Side is far more likely to be up to criminal activity than a white student carrying a satchel. However, on the other hand a white Reebok wearing hoody in Salford is seen as being more likely to be up to something they shouldn't than an Asian woman carrying shopping bags.
 restless_native

Posted: 6/18/2009 5:34:42 AM

Should we not remember that the threat is actually religious and not racial and that Islamic fundamentalists could quite easily fit the physical Aryan ideal and as such whites should be submitted to anti terror stop and search policies regardless of alleged racial quotas...

We need to remember that the medias obsession with Islamic fundamentalists is a relatively new phenomena. As the police are still human beings I can see how they'd be influenced by this kind of sensationalist coverage as much as anyone else would.

In reality if a terroroist attack did occur it's probably just as likely to be the work of The Real IRA or any one of a number of other organisations with axes to grind.
 restless_native
Msg: 33 (view)

new ban for smokers
Posted: 6/17/2009 4:04:44 PM
Children these days need more excercise.

It will do them good to have to walk.
 restless_native

Logistics before getting to know someone for dating.
Posted: 6/17/2009 3:59:44 PM
Relationships are built on taking time to get to know someone and not on the results of questionnaires.

To me this just highlights how artificial this online dating malarkey really is. You can't expect to find someone who meets your own specific list of criteria as easily as if you were choosing groceries in Tesco.
 restless_native

How can we make roads safer for our children...
Posted: 6/17/2009 3:48:19 PM
It's all very well advocating that cycle lanes be constructed to preserve the safety of cyclists.

However, it needs to be considered who would actually pay for this. If cyclists were taxed in the same way as motorists I'd be all for it.
 restless_native

Why do political threads turn into name calling and insults ?
Posted: 6/17/2009 7:21:30 AM
I have two boys who tackle arguments in two entirely different ways. It is just like reading the threads sometimes.

The older boy starts with, "I know everything there is to know cos I am older than you."

The younger says, "Did you know this fact that refutes your proposition?"

Older boy says, "The person who came up with that fact is not to be believed because I don't agree."

Younger boy, "Why don't you agree?"

Older boy, "Why don't you listen? I told you I don't agree because the person who said that fact is not to be believed."

Attach those methods of debate to the intense threads on here and see how well they fit - at least when I read them I don't have the shouting that accompanies my sons' arguing though!

In the case of t'interweb google is firmly to blame.

Being able to use a search engine isn't the same as being knowledgeable about a subject. Especially when a person only searches for information to support their misguided opinions.
 restless_native

Why do political threads turn into name calling and insults ?
Posted: 6/16/2009 3:50:10 PM
If someone is 'political' do they have to debate to the death (literally) ?

If only they literally did.

It would certainly save so many people from wearing out the scroll wheels on their mice in the future.
 restless_native
Msg: 12 (view)

Moving In
Posted: 6/16/2009 9:50:52 AM
restless native your entitled to think what you like and why would i want to have a pop at my ex?We get on ok and i wish him well.The situation just got me thinking about how soon is too soon and other people,s thoughts on that not on my ex husbands right or wrong of it.

Now I think that the lady doth protest too much.

Show ALL Forums