Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: IMAGE aspect ratios are distorted in thumbnail displays
 Khrysalis
Msg: 8 (view)

IMAGE aspect ratios are distorted in thumbnail displays
Posted: 2/18/2008 6:06:26 AM
Just wanted to chime in that the distorted picture thing bugs me too and also mention that pre-cropping doesn't always solve it. One of my profile pics is exactly squared yet not only is distorted upon upload to POF but a portion of one side of my head also gets cut off - it de-centers. It is very frustrating. Looks may not matter for the long haul but initially it's the attention getter - how can we accurately perceive anyone from a distorted image? Please fix this. Thanks in advance for your consideration.
 Khrysalis
Msg: 7 (view)

POF Sunday Brunch/Feb/24th 11am- 2pm
Posted: 2/18/2008 5:16:13 AM
MCG dance Saturday night then breaky next morning - hopefully not biting off more than I can chew, hahaha! Be good to see familiar folks and meet some new people also.
 Khrysalis
Msg: 23 (view)

OUR ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY DANCE , AT MOSQUITO CREEK, FEBRUARY 23rd!
Posted: 2/18/2008 5:05:20 AM
I just might be bringing my friend along again.
 Khrysalis
Msg: 17 (view)

Its just a fantasy
Posted: 9/6/2007 1:56:37 AM
Yes, I spend a lot of time fantasizing/imagining and creating stories in my mind complete with characters and dialogues . I used to try to write some of them down but I found that the mechanics of writing was disruptive to the imagining, so now they stay in my head and I just add on to them when I feel like it. I also fantasize about things that I could make happen in my life for real and sometimes I even follow through on those ones. Oh as for the sexual fantasizing - I'm divorced not dead so yeah of course, that kind too, lol. Good times!
 Khrysalis
Msg: 6 (view)

how did u find the last die hard movie'live free or die hard'?
Posted: 7/30/2007 9:42:43 AM
The rating didn't matter to me - it would have if he hadn't said his "yippeekay-ay" line - but he did so all's good.
I'm not sure they'll make another one or not but if they do I know I'll go see it. I hate to see a great character just end but someday he really will be too old for this role (even Hollywood surgeries can't stop time).
I loved Live Free or Die Hard - if it was cheesy well then - I guess I like me some cheese!
 Khrysalis
Msg: 256 (view)

Post a JOKE
Posted: 7/26/2007 10:38:04 AM
The Sandal Shop

On a trip to Jamaica a married couple was touring around the market place, looking at the goods, when they passed a small sandal shop. From inside they heard the shopkeeper with a thick Jamaican accent say, "You foreigners! Come in. Come into my humble shop!"

So the married couple walked in. The Jamaican said to them, "I have some special
sandals I think you would be interested in. Dey make you wild at sex."

Well, the wife was really interested in buying the sandals after what the man claimed, but her husband felt he really didn't need them, being the 'Sex God' he was. The husband asked the man, "How could sandals make you into a sex freak?"

The Jamaican replied, "Just try dem on, Mon."

So, the husband, after some badgering from his wife, finally gave in, and tried them on. As soon as he slipped them onto his feet, he got this wild look in his eyes, something his wife hadn't seen in many years! In the blink of an eye, the husband grabbed the Jamaican, bent him violently over a table, yanked down his pants, ripped down his own pants, and grabbed a firm hold of the Jamaican's hips. The Jamaican began screaming,
"You got dem on de wrong feet!, you got dem on de wrong feet!"
 Khrysalis
Msg: 254 (view)

Post a JOKE
Posted: 7/25/2007 3:06:01 PM
Zipper

A man walked into a supermarket with his zipper down. A lady cashier walked up to him and said,
'Your barracks door is open.'
Not a phrase that men normally use, he went on his way looking a bit puzzled.

When he was about done shopping, a man came up and said,
'Your fly is open.'

He zipped up and finished his shopping. At the checkout, he intentionally got in the line where the lady was that told him about his 'barracks door.' He was planning to have a little fun with her, so when he reached the counter he said,
'When you saw my barracks door open, did you see a Marine standing in there at attention?'

The lady (naturally smarter than the man) thought for a moment and said
'No, no I didn't. All I saw was a disabled veteran sitting on a couple of old duffel bags'.
 Khrysalis
Msg: 12 (view)

What Sign Is Your True Love?
Posted: 7/25/2007 2:36:18 PM
Capricorns seem to be the hot commodity around here ... that was my result also.

Your True Love Is a Capricorn
Why you'll love a Capricorn:

Hard working and driven, a Capricorn will work overtime to win your heart.
Be prepared to get wined and dined, even once you're convince that your Capricorn is the one!

Why a Capricorn will love you:

You don't rush things. You know it will take a while for a Capricorn to trust you, and you can wait.
Social and outgoing, you can introduce normally shy Capricorn to a great circle of friends.
 Khrysalis
Msg: 2 (view)

Trojan via IM on the loose
Posted: 7/17/2007 4:23:27 PM
ZoneLabs has a free downloadable program called IMsecure which can help protect your system when you have an instant message program running. It's what I use. They also have a Pro version that is not free.
Copy and paste the URL below, into your browser if you want to download the free version.
http://www.download.com/IMsecure/3000-2092_4-10327348.html
 Khrysalis
Msg: 25 (view)

Staple Food
Posted: 7/12/2007 7:34:03 PM
I eat the same foods nearly everyday - only vary from it if I'm away from home at meal times

hard boiled egg, 1 % cottage cheese, banana, 2 slices high fiber bread, chicken wiener, apple, broccoli slaw, beef bouillion, sugar-free Kool-aid, tuna with part skim mozza/thin sliced smoked beef with PS mozza /salmon, raw red pepper, frozen berries, air-popped plain popcorn, Red River cereal + added wheat bran, 1 % milk, sugar-free pudding or SF jell-o, flavored sunflower seeds in shell, coffee, water
*once a week I have a Michelina's Avantage frozen dinner (meat and veggies only - no starchy carbs)

hard-pressed to pick any one thing as highest priority staple
 Khrysalis
Msg: 6 (view)

Distributed Computing Projects
Posted: 7/10/2007 3:27:23 AM
Glad to see that others are interested and participating. I used to be on a team at grid dot org. When that ended I tried a couple other ones on my own Parabon Frontier and Grid Republic. I've since quit those (even though they both seemed to be good programs) in favor of rejoining members of my previous team in running the Folding at Home project. It's a good feeling to be able to help support the research.
 Khrysalis
Msg: 5 (view)

Is there a way to disable R-rated ads/banners?
Posted: 7/10/2007 2:59:23 AM
Didn't realize that - gonna install the Firefox add-ons ASAP! Thanks, TTR!
 Khrysalis
Msg: 19 (view)

Names...
Posted: 7/9/2007 2:52:43 AM
I refer to my computer as My Beast or My Baby - interchangeably.
I've been the proud owner of many cats over the years (no pets right now).

One of the more amusing names I gave any of them, was when I was two years old - my Mom had been reading/telling me stories about King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table - enter sweet little orange kitten - I promptly named it Henry Arthur, but whoops, Mom told me it was a girl cat - oh, no problem - Henrietta Arthur she became! She was quite a little hellion - I was riddled with kitten scratches thanks to her!

Other notable names I've bestowed: In 1994, I named a pair of female kittens for two Metallica instrumental songs - Orion and Ktulu. I gave Ktulu away about a year later (she got renamed, Stella ). I kept Orion until November 1996 (when my son was born), then gave her to a good friend. She kept the name I'd given her. That friend since gave her to another good friend of ours - she also didn't change her name. I still get to visit Orion sometimes. She's fierce, beautiful and hasn't any words - just like the piece of music she was named for!
 Khrysalis
Msg: 3 (view)

Is there a way to disable R-rated ads/banners?
Posted: 7/6/2007 2:52:02 PM
At work you could block POF images within your web browser. For Firefox it's - Tools, Options, Content - Load Images Automatically checked but click Exceptions button and put the url properties of specific offensive ads). A shortcut is to right click on the offensive ads and choose block images from ...
Internet Explorer - Internet Options, Advanced Tab, scroll down to Multimedia - uncheck show images (if you wanted to view images other places you'd have to re-enable it).
 Khrysalis
Msg: 84 (view)

Plentyoffish Relationship Assessment.
Posted: 7/6/2007 2:32:37 PM
I took the test also and it was mostly accurate. I'm letting it appear on my profile. I think the test was a great idea and that it could help us in our quest for finding others with whom we are compatible.
 Khrysalis
Msg: 8 (view)

Transformers movie
Posted: 7/3/2007 2:34:51 AM
I had no interest in the animated Transformers series when that was all the rage, nor did I see the previous Transformers movie, however, after seeing just one trailer for the new Transformers movie I was primed - "I have to see this movie!"
Done deal. Saw it earlier tonight uhh last night (after midnight now).
OH ... MY ... GOD! Fan"F"INGtastic! I REALLY want to go see that on the big screen again! It flat out rocked!

Sidenote: I recently saw the new Die Hard movie and I loved it BUT a few minutes ago I saw a commercial claiming DH4 was the Best movie of the summer ... I beg to differ!
So Far IMO ... Transformers deserves that title!

Back OT: I didn't expect much from dialogue for Transformers but there were quite a few lines that had everybody in theatre laughing and several situational scenes did also. When credits rolled somebody started clapping and several of us joined in - it was that great!

It had an open ending for sure - could definitely segue into a sequel. If it does I sure hope same writers /production crew do it and if so I'll be rushing out to see that also.
 Khrysalis

Eve and God
Posted: 7/2/2007 1:03:48 AM
Ahhh! That was great! I love that! LMAO! I shared it with a few of my friends by e-mail! It's rare that I stumble upon new to me jokes - I read a lot - so thanks for the post!
 Khrysalis
Msg: 78 (view)

TV shows you miss
Posted: 7/1/2007 2:28:24 PM
Shows I miss since they were ended properly/ cancelled with loose ends in the stories:
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
St. Elsewhere
Hotel
Becker
The Equalizer
Greatest American Hero
Medical Investigators
Muppet Show Tonight (no proper ending but no loose ends either - I still miss it though)
 Khrysalis
Msg: 35 (view)

Hate Talking On The Phone
Posted: 7/1/2007 2:06:01 AM
Wow! Good to know I'm not the only one who'd rather not talk on the phone. I don't much like the sound of it ringing either - I find it rather intrusive. That's why I typically unplug my phone and check for messages on my voice mail every other day or so and return calls as needed. I have been known to talk a long while with friends and family who live far away that I don't get to see in person regularly - but for local people I agree with those who said speak the business/make the plans then hang-up - chit chat for me is better in person.
My local friends and family know if they want me to get in touch right away - E-MAIL me, lol - I check that obsessively!
 Khrysalis
Msg: 2 (view)

I hope EVERY Dad has THIS happen! Moms Too!
Posted: 6/30/2007 12:50:48 PM
About halfway through reading that I got something in my eye and had trouble reading the rest. You were just doing your own thing with your kiddo, how wonderful to be noticed and praised for doing a great job - by the others sure - but the high of hearing your own kiddo agree so enthusiastically - wow! Thanks for sharing the smile and blurred vision problem, lol.
 Khrysalis
Msg: 27 (view)

Best ever lines from sitcoms....?
Posted: 6/29/2007 12:53:41 PM
Becker had some of the funniest lines I've ever heard:
Reggie: There is a huge c0ckroach in your bathroom.
John Becker: Well kill it!
Reggie: I tried that - but that just made it angry.
John Becker: Oh fine I'll do it, then!
He goes in but comes right back out looking wide-eyed ...
Reggie: Thought you were going to kill it?
John Becker: Not without back-up!

Linda had some real good lines on Becker also but maybe there are just too many cuz I can't seem to isolate just one to share here!

I love Becker - wish it hadn't been cancelled!
 Khrysalis
Msg: 41 (view)

Movies from books
Posted: 6/29/2007 12:33:55 PM
I think it's a roll of the dice - depends who produces the movie and the way they approach it whether book to movie turns out okay.
I love the Harry Potter movies though I read and loved the books first.
I read Michael Crichton's Jurassic Park and Lost World. Both were fabulous reads! I loved the movie Jurassic Park despite being disappointed by the exclusion of the compys. Lost World movie just plain sucked IMO - wasn't even close to the amazingness of the book despite the inclusion of the compys and what a let down after the first movie, too. You just can't tell until you take the chance and watch the movie whether it will be close enough to a well-loved book for you to enjoy it.
Two books I'd chance watching the movie of - if they were made into movies:
The Gate To Women's Country by Sheri S. Tepper and
Imajica by Clive Barker
 Khrysalis
Msg: 26 (view)

Board Games
Posted: 6/25/2007 3:20:13 PM
Favorite board games
cribbage
Trivial Pursuit
backgammon
chess
Clue
Sorry
Trouble
chinese checkers
Scrabble

least liked board game
Monopoly

Love to try new to me board games, too.
 Khrysalis

TV Series you watch all the way through
Posted: 6/19/2007 12:38:27 PM
Buffy The Vampire Slayer

starting to watch Trailer Park Boys going on season 3 soon (so far have watched TPB 101, TPB The Pilot, and seasons 1 and 2)
 Khrysalis
Msg: 52 (view)

Things I Learned From Movies
Posted: 6/18/2007 3:41:02 PM
The sole survivor(s)/witnesses to horrific murders of a serial killer will not suffer from post traumatic stress/shell shock/grief they will just smile and be relieved it's all over.
 Khrysalis
Msg: 49 (view)

Things I Learned From Movies
Posted: 6/17/2007 8:19:10 PM
7. When the bad guys kidnap the beautiful heiress they only want the ransom money and will respect her too much to rape her. If they do try to, she will of course be saved at the last possible moment.
8. Crime scene investigators don't have to wear hairnets because they won't lose hair/skin that might contaminate the scene with their own biologicals.
9. DNA tests are a snap; don't take that long and it's no trouble at all to have to run extra tests for exclusionary purposes in case of a compromised crime scene .
10. Bad guys are always true to their word; if you pay the ransom they demand you are guaranteed to get the kidnap victim back alive and relatively unharmed.
 Khrysalis
Msg: 14 (view)

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads
Posted: 6/17/2007 6:52:43 PM
Happy Father's Day to all the daddy fishies! Don't know about anyone else but I like to hear what stuff the kiddos did for their Dads/step-Dads. Post about it Dads!
 Khrysalis
Msg: 4 (view)

Sobriety Test... With Apologies to C.W. McCall
Posted: 6/16/2007 3:29:29 PM
A friend told me her ex hubby used to say the following to prove he hadn't had too much to drink yet and that only when she could say it back to him and explain what it meant would he consider her opinion that he was indeed drunk ...

"When you are on a veritable pinnacle of academic brilliance comparable to my present position you may converse freely with me but until then please refrain from using such belligerent terminology."
(^^to best of my own memory, lol )

It took her a while to memorize it and figure it out but she did - not sure if he held up his end of the deal or not considering he became her ex.
 Khrysalis
Msg: 11 (view)

Asperger's Syndrome
Posted: 6/16/2007 3:00:44 PM
My son is high functioning autistic and we are just starting to use an educational tool with him; a manual. It's called Navigating The Social World - A Curriculum for Individuals with Asperger's Syndrome, High Functioning Autism and Related Disorders by Jeanette McAfee, M.D.

Topics the manual covers:
emotion recognition/coping
linking nonverbal clues to emotions
communication/social understanding
abstract thinking skills
behavioral issues

While it may be written with student/child in mind, if it covers new ground to an adult on the autism spectrum who has been struggling, I imagine it can only help and offer insights.
At least that's what I hope and why I posted.
 Khrysalis
Msg: 10 (view)

When Is A Compliment Not A Compliment?
Posted: 6/16/2007 2:36:33 PM
Based on the thread title question When Is A Compliment Not A Compliment? - when it's backhanded.
backhanded - "I haven't seen you in a while! You look so good now!" Uhh gee thanks did I look like death warmed over before?

As for inability to accept a compliment based on who is giving it - says more about you than them.
 Khrysalis

To best of my knowledge each day at midnight you get another 60 points IF you've logged into your account within past 24 hours. To use the points you choose a gif gift image when sending messages on POF system. When you open the page to send a message to someone you will see how many points you have and the available gif gifts you could choose to send with your message. Each gif gift is assigned a points value - that's how many points it will cost you to send it.
 Khrysalis
Msg: 18 (view)

Is there a song that describes you?
Posted: 6/15/2007 8:38:29 PM
There are several that I identify with as well, but first one I thought of is Hello by Evanescence
"Playground school bell rings again
Rain clouds come to play again
Has no one told you she's not breathing?
Hello
I am your mind giving you
Someone to talk to
Hello

If I smile and don't believe
Soon I know I'll awake from this dream
Don't try to fix me
I'm not broken
Hello
I'm the lie living for you so you can hide
Don't cry

Suddenly I know I'm not sleeping
Hello
I'm still here
All that's left of yesterday"
 Khrysalis

Funny Movies
Posted: 6/14/2007 2:13:08 PM
Tank Girl, Short Circuit, Clerks (okay any/all Jay & Silent Bob movies really), Weekend At Bernie's, Van Wilder (the bakery is closed boys bwahahahahahahahaha!), Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Fast Times At Ridgemont High, Mary Poppins ( a wooden leg named Smith ), Kill Bill, Kill Bill 2, Little Miss Sunshine, The Full Monty, and Harold & Maude. There are likely others but those come to mind easily.
 Khrysalis

Profile - Edit Interest
Posted: 6/9/2007 6:57:35 PM

hi my intro box is sooooooooooo long ive tried editing it but it just gets bigger any suggestions??????? apart from filling it up lol

Try putting your mouse cursor at the very bottom of the box then hit backspace repeatedly until the cursor is at the end of your last bit of text.
 Khrysalis
Msg: 12 (view)

Anyone familiar w/ Fibromyalgia?
Posted: 6/4/2007 10:54:04 PM

kasandroid posted: Please someone what exactly does flare ups mean?

Flare up for me, kasandroid, means that a symptom of FM I typically have but have it under control (through self-limiting), suddenly gets worse. This usually (but not always) happens as a direct result from neglecting to self-limit - whether intentional or not. Occasionally I'll have a symptom worsen for no reason that I can fathom. Some flare-ups are still manageable and some put me in bed for a few days. It's a dice roll. Flip side happens too though - sometimes I have an extraordinarily low symptom day. I'm always baffled as to why; what did I do different and how can I get more good days like that? No answers yet - I just dub them mini-blessings and smile.

For me part of what makes me so frustrated with having fibromyalgia is that it isn't predictable; if I could just know that everything would stabilize and not change; if I knew just what to expect day to day, reaction for action ... but that isn't how this works. It is what it is. I've got a life to live and I do enjoy my life in spite of the impact that FM challenges have on me.

Re: treatments - It's my understanding that two people with FM could present totally different sets of sub-symptoms from each other beyond the core fatigue/pain/cognitive challenges in common, and that what will trigger a flare up for one person may not do the same in the other person. With that in mind courses of effective treatment/management vary from person to person. Most figure it out for themselves (with or without medical guidance) through a lot of trial and error and more rarely a "hey that's actually helping me!".

I hope that there will someday be a lab test that can confirm or exclude a diagnosis of FM/CFS/ME. On the heels of which, a cause found and a treatment that works for all. I'm an optimist (I wear sunglasses even when rain is predicted ).
 Khrysalis
Msg: 1 (view)

Indefinite repeat plays songs
Posted: 6/3/2007 4:33:50 PM
Some songs you gotta be in the mood for. Some songs you can't get enough of at first, but then it reaches over-saturation and you never care to hear it ever again. Then there are the songs that you can play over again any time, any mood, any number of times in a row - there's never a wrong time to hear it again. Indefinite repeat plays.

Name any songs that are like that for you and if you have an explanation/insight into why that song (besides "because" or "just because" - though IMO those are perfectly acceptable reasons ) , please do share!

One of mine is Tie A Yellow Ribbon 'Round The Old Oak Tree by Tony Orlando & Dawn.
Why? The last line gets to me no matter how many times I hear it, it features violins, it's a sweet story of daring to hope in the face of uncertainty and having that hope realised but even better than what was hoped for and it's got an upbeat tempo.

Another of mine is Piranha Pool by Blue Rodeo. Harder to explain why with this one, hmmm, musical build, musical arrangement, conviction of values in the lyrics, it's a departure from Blue Rodeo's usual stylings, the music belies the somewhat dark lyrics - that substance conflict appeals to me and really represents for me the social/inner conflict the lyricist/singer is telling about.

In both above cases, by the time the song ends I feel satisfied and yet perfectly willing to revisit it. Those are just two of many for me.

What are your indefinite repeat plays song(s)?
 Khrysalis

Anyone familiar w/ Fibromyalgia?
Posted: 6/3/2007 3:52:08 PM
Sure OP I've been familiar with feeling fibromyalgia since 1990; didn't discover the word for it until 1998. There were some tough years for me from onset to diagnosis and from diagnosis to today but I'm managing life/living pretty well for the most part now. Flare ups suck but they don't last forever - just feels like it, lol. I also know my limits and choose my battles. I admit that I overdo it on purpose sometimes, knowing I'll pay later but willing to accept the retroactive consequences in favour of oh say spending time with my son at Vancouver's Playland for instance. I justify it to myself that five years from the day I overdo it, I won't recall being laid up in bed for three days afterwards but I will remember whatever memory I make that constituted an overdo; so it's worth it to me.
I don't usually volunteer that I have fibromyalgia - unless either someone else mentions it first or if there's a situation at hand where it is relevant to my plans/interactions with others.
Oh one other instance where I do mention it goes something like this:
"so what do you do?"
"nothing. I don't work."
Is it evil that the look on someone's face when I'm that blunt, amuses me? I do elaborate and explain afterwards if they keep smiling and seem curious - that initial moment is very telling to me, in that way, what sort of person I'm talking to. Sometimes the stone cold, suddenly disinterested eyes, lets me know not to waste any more of my precious time and energy (or if I'm in a mood I'll see it as an opportunity to educate/de-ignorant someone ). What's that saying? Plenty of fish in the sea? Yeah that's it.

Happy fishing OP; in the long run, the ones who matter won't mind whatever your challenges are and the ones who mind - won't even matter.
 Khrysalis
Msg: 9 (view)

Do sirens plug people's brains?!?!
Posted: 6/3/2007 2:53:22 PM
I think some pedestrians should have to pass a walking test - so many times I've seen pedestrians attempt to cross the street because they've got the walk signal and there's a freaking emergency vehicle trying to come through! It really baffles me when some people just have no freaking clue!
 Khrysalis
Msg: 9 (view)

Movie title help
Posted: 5/31/2007 2:53:04 AM
jenlou67 -
I can't recall what the circumstances were that enabled me to watch it - but now that you mention it "where WERE the adults at, indeed?"!
I remember rooting for the little girl when I watched it as a child. Next time I watch it, I wonder if I'll feel any differently about the crazy lady - maybe I'll feel some sympathy for her. Being a Mom myself, the loss of my own child is the scariest thought to me so maybe I'll understand the character better now. Won't know until I watch it again.
 Khrysalis

Movie title help
Posted: 5/30/2007 2:04:43 PM

WhatchuTalkinAboutWillis wrote:I actually started looking for this Film because what you wrote was so obscure,i thought i'd never find it. However i'm such a saddo that after literally days and days of searching,well,a few minutes actually if i'm honest,the film is called:

Whoever slew Auntie Roo. Made in 1971.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067983/

and you rock! See how that works? I did try to do an imdb plots search but did not find this movie so I guess I used the wrong search terms. Thank-you very much!
 Khrysalis

Movie title help
Posted: 5/30/2007 3:30:45 AM
You suck. (No offense intended - just shooting at the messenger for bringing me bad news - and because I suspect mockery was involved in the reply. ). Thanks for the chuckle, Lick it Up.
 Khrysalis
Msg: 1 (view)

Movie title help
Posted: 5/30/2007 1:47:18 AM
I watched a black and white movie when I was (I think ?) 11 years old and I can't recall the title just that it was kind of creepy. I don't even remember most of the plot. I'll post what I do recall and if any of it sounds familiar and you think you might know the title I'd really appreciate it if you tell me.

What I recall:
Eccentric rich lady throws a Christmas party and invites children from an orphanage. She chooses one to adopt; a little girl. The lady has a fit when she sees her new daughter sliding down the bannister. She starts being really weird with her new charge making up all kinds of house rules. Oh! Dumbwaiters! Lady's house has dumbwaiters and the little girl hides in them and rides them to avoid her "Mother". On one of her dumbwaiter adventures the little girl inadvertently stumbles upon a nursery that's locked up and hidden away in an unused section of the house/mansion. She catches the lady singing a lullabye to skeletal remains dressed in frilly girl clothes. The camera switches to the lady's point of view and she doesn't see a skeleton; she sees a pretty little girl sleeping. Turns out the skeleton was the lady's bio daughter who died from a fall because she tried to slide down the bannister. She never accepted her daughter's death and she went weird. She acted like her daughter was just sleeping and won't wake up. At some point somebody touches the skull of the dead girl and the face crumbles inward. (That part really freaked me out at the time that's why I recall it )

So that's all I can remember. If anyone knows or thinks they know the title of this movie please do tell - I'd like to track it down and watch it with grown up eyes!

Thanks in advance,
~Khrysalis
 Khrysalis

Is it possible to conceive while pregnant
Posted: 5/28/2007 2:38:01 PM
It is possible. It runs in my family. My maternal Grandmother gave birth to fraternal twins - the girl was full term while the boy was two months premature (based on lungs). Another of my Grandmother's daughters experienced something similar; she became pregnant in January of '71 and in her 4th month a second heartbeat was detected, shortly afterward she had a miscarriage but upon examination it was discovered she was still pregnant, then she miscarried again in early fall but the fetal matter was only 8 weeks old. My cousin (presumably the middle fetus) was born in good health at the end of January 1972. Pregnant for a year had to have sucked even if it was a medically interesting one.

Edited to add: http://forums.obgyn.net/endo/ENDO.0311/0055.html

Apparently miscarriage of one twin/dual pregnancy is rare but does happen.
 Khrysalis
Msg: 104 (view)

Song and the Lyrics of what you're listening to right now...
Posted: 5/28/2007 10:58:19 AM
Open Your Heart by Anggun

You're everything that I was never ever meant to hold
you are the stories
every riddle that I was never told
don't you wanna know
what is right behind the door

open your heart to unexpected love
open your heart to unexpected
long neglected love

you are the unknown,
all that's hidden in love's equation
you are the sound in the silence of cruel sensation
don't you wanna know
what is right behind the door

long neglected love
long neglected love

like slippery stones under bare feet
a twist of fate walked over me
sharp intrusion never meant to be
now I'm calling
falling
craving
raving

long neglected love
long neglected love
open up your heart
open up
open up your heart
open up
 Khrysalis

Members on temporary hiatus from site
Posted: 5/27/2007 2:23:12 AM

op - if your family doesn't have computer access themselves, most public libraries have them available. maybe an internet cafe? i don't get why you would want to hide your profile. what harm can it do if you're still able to be viewed?

I appreciate the 411, the humormonger, and despite that I'll be visiting a small town they do indeed have a public library with internet access, however, it's a matter of priorities for me, I'll be there to visit with family, to spend time with them and to be outside etc not to be on a computer looking up potential dates - family takes priority in this instance for me - my computer and potential social life will be here when I get home, that's the way I see it. As for why hide my profile - I don't know really; I just had a notion it'd be like false advertising - if a man searches, stumbles across my profile and likes it but oops PSYCHE! I'm not available to communicate until Sept that just seems ... inconsiderate? If my profile is hidden I won't come up in searches. Far as I know any posts I've already made will still be linked to my profile and those on my favourites will still be able to "see" me. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken on that. I'll also put an away disclaimer at the top and bottom of my profile (for skimmers, lol).
I will of course "de-cloak" when I get back. My departure date is a ways away yet - not even leaving until end of July - just getting excited/impatient to go and already thinking about loose ends needing dealt with, is all.

~Khrysalis
 Khrysalis
Msg: 17 (view)

Constant Dizziness/Shaking
Posted: 5/27/2007 12:51:12 AM
I've been experiencing the same two symptoms (and then some) as the OP, for this past week. I saw dr. this afternoon and he prescribed Serc (betahistine). Pharmacy leaflet that comes with the prescription says it's to combat vertigo especially for those with Meniere's disease. Dr. didn't mention Meniere's to me at all. I've only taken 2/21 doses so far (3/day for a week) . Can't tell if it's gonna help me out or not. I hope so cuz I'm so not liking being dizzy all the time.
Bringing up an old thread in hopes somebody might have further insight or experience with betahistine to share.
 Khrysalis
Msg: 11 (view)

There, I admit it...
Posted: 5/27/2007 12:38:55 AM
^^^^not laughing guess everybody else will be laughing at us - I still listen to Tiffany's second album on cassette tape and my body seems to move without my consent when I hear The Right Stuff or Hangin' Tough ... I'm not ashamed just aware I'm in a minority.
 Khrysalis
Msg: 47 (view)

ur fav non guitar instrament
Posted: 5/26/2007 7:46:08 PM
My fave instruments after guitars are violin, saxophone and harmonica. I have to agree with a previous poster who called the human voice a very importanat instrument as well. It can be a deal maker or deal breaker as to whether I hate/tolerate/like/love a song/singer/band!
 Khrysalis

Writing..
Posted: 5/26/2007 1:57:35 PM
I write some; not as much as I used to. I used to write soap opera fan fiction and I even had fans of my own, lol; that was a bit trippy! It was a fun time in my life and I met some interesting online people, some of whom I remain friends with to this day. Now I write just to get it out of my head space and I don't share any of the stuff that I write in an online capacity anymore.

~Khrysalis
 Khrysalis
Msg: 42 (view)

Who would you like to meet?
Posted: 5/26/2007 12:27:49 PM
Living:
Anggun (to personally thank her for her music)
Finger Eleven (thanks for the music)
Metallica (thanks for the music)
Jann Arden (to tell her everytime she says she isn't really a singer I grit my teeth and want to cheerfully shake her, plus to tell her that I love her sense of humour - I'd love to have coffee with her and just chit chat)
Nadia Bjorlin (to find out for myself if she really is even more beautiful in person - unfathomable to me at present; and if she's as sincerely humble and down to earth as other fans of hers who've met her claim she is - trying not to be skeptical there)
John Stamos (that's a long standing one and I don't have a solid reason or anything in particular to say to him - I just want to shake his hand and get a hug from him )

Already gone (and too soon for my liking):
Doug (Doug and the Slugs) and Warren Zevon -
to express appreciation and admiration to them both for sharing their talents and for leaving a beautiful legacy behind for us to continue to experience and enjoy; I just feel so much sadness that there'll never be any new songs/insights from either one - I really miss them "there's no better glory when it all gets hairy to be laughing in the face of it all" TYVM & RIP, Doug! RIP, WZ I'll be keeping you in my heart for much longer than a while.

~Khrysalis

Show ALL Forums