Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Vote deleted please... just a wee test. apologies.
 scareymush
Msg: 500 (view)

Vote deleted please... just a wee test. apologies.
Posted: 9/20/2017 8:06:45 AM
déjà vu = the strange feeling that in some way you have already experienced what is happening now
 scareymush
Msg: 426 (view)

Let's try a kind person for PM.
Posted: 9/14/2017 10:18:00 AM
There's money in them thar hills.....!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM1ErGI3mW8
 scareymush
Msg: 7 (view)

You're beautiful, it's true (or is it?)
Posted: 9/13/2017 10:12:18 AM
That's true justanother...beauty is in the eyes of the beholder or skewed/enhanced thanks to beer goggles.

The OP must be a very nice soul if all he can see around him is beauty, albeit unattainable beauty. I hope he doesn't get bitter.

Betty bought into being bitter, being bitter didn't aid and abet her, she did become better but that wasn't until later.
 scareymush
Msg: 2 (view)

The many faces of POF
Posted: 9/11/2017 3:57:00 PM
Isn't it a good thing that a person has an expressive face?

A normal person in candid images will look slightly different everytime...better that than the posed pictures of duck pouts or sticking out of tongues....there's a new trend in selfies where the poseur acts as if they've been caught in an unguarded moment and they do this mouth half open sort of thing, like they're about to say something but think better of it.

Really you should be delighted to see real pictures of real people.
 scareymush
Msg: 6 (view)

Help me with my profile
Posted: 9/11/2017 3:44:38 PM
I think that adding an '-itz' at the end of your name is more Polish than Russian...to express your Russophilia I'd advise using the suffix '-ski'
 scareymush
Msg: 8 (view)

favs
Posted: 9/11/2017 3:37:00 PM
Surely 'favs' should be spelled faves?
 scareymush
Msg: 489 (view)

Vote deleted please... just a wee test. apologies.
Posted: 9/11/2017 3:34:54 PM
Has that dreadful bollix gone?

I hope so...
 scareymush

Work vs life balance ... what a fkn joke!
Posted: 8/31/2017 7:08:44 PM
Quitting/Changing jobs...what's the difference when you're on sick leave after having been sectioned?

It's not as if you can choose to return to the old day job...you'll have to go through the motions of having a psychiatric evaluation etc. before you're allowed back there given your self-professed enamour with all things subversive.

The portents aren't looking good.....which reminds me, I think I made a mistake by not purchasing a lottery ticket when my guardian angel said I should.
 scareymush
Msg: 170 (view)

Consanguineous marriage should be banned
Posted: 8/31/2017 6:31:41 PM

3. I didn't see the Galway link. I ignore scareymush's posts most of the time

Yet my stalker, who doth protest too much, understood and acknowledged my post concerning Savita Halappanavar...

I'm the mother of a daughter born at 25 weeks at a weight of 1lb 6 ozs...does that fact mean that I ought not to be in favor of a woman's right to choose when it comes to abortion?

The fact my daughter survived her traumatic birth had eff all to do God and religion....my concern, my worry, my daily heartbreak...zero to do with some fvckers' improprieties being imposed upon..my experience was actually real...I was fortunate to have an amazing group of people caring for my girl, the doctor who headed that team was/is an extraordinary person, a wonderful and accomplished woman....seemingly, by rights, I should be against women being in control of their fertility as a result...no, nay, never!

My little tiny daughter's medical team would try and persuade me to have my daughter baptised..and I'd go mental at them...their contention was that just in case we really should ensure your girl gets baptised so she will be welcomed into the gates of heaven and won't have to suffer limbo...naturally, I was freaked out by this weird superstition of theirs, also steadfastly defiant..I'd complain to the consultant in charge and she took my side....she remonstrated with them and reminded them that imposing their religious beliefs on me was actually hurtful, upsetting and devastating....my own mother and father would never have dared to do the same and if anybody should own my daughter's destiny after me it would have been my ma and da, but the pair of them placed absolute faith in me despite my going against the grain.

I used to be told on a daily basis, after I'd asked the question "will my daughter survive the night?" that it was in the hands of the gods and it would be impossible to say she would be alive the next morning.
 scareymush
Msg: 23 (view)

War on drugs - is it lost
Posted: 8/31/2017 4:28:17 PM
Vlad, I'm posting this with minutes to go before my curfew re amount of posts I'm allowed to post per day kicks in...I just read your confessional and not your follow up posts so far...as my old dear would say "cripes!"...she learnt that expression when she was a waaf having run away from her home at age sixteen and joining up under age...bloody hell man!

I think it's so mental that drug taking is so exalted by those who partake but moreso by the drug pushers...the romanticism attributed to being 'addicted'....how sexy a drug cocaine is...for god's sakes it grows like a weed in Peru and is imbibed to relieve people of altitude sickness.

There but for the grace of God go I.

I enjoyed various potencies of hash as a youngster...it was the same sort of thing as distinguishing between one brand of whiskey to another....red leb = great, rare...black leb = usual fare, not that exciting...kashmir = the cream of the crop, an absolute delight. And guess what, there was feck all difference between the lot of them...why do clients of drug pushers buy into the hype?

It's all a pile of sh1t....there is no romance, there is no wonderful marvelous blah about indulging in some sort of mass delusion which is much of what substance abuse is all about.

I am extremely against people on the make exploiting vulnerable individuals.
 scareymush
Msg: 482 (view)

pooopps
Posted: 8/31/2017 3:51:23 PM
Arra sure begorrah! Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin...may the road rise up to meet ye.

Live long and prosper.
 scareymush
Msg: 9 (view)

In shit! Indeed it's shite.
Posted: 8/31/2017 3:32:11 PM
I don't know about anybody else but I'm awfully disappointed to learn that Scotland's last vestige of hope...Mr. I have a Ph.D. in physics...is not actually going to take up his position as lord commander of that mission to Mars after all....instead he got in a huff and resigned his position...why? Someone told him they're sure the mobile company he works for will miss him....I think London Tube has divs on that.
 scareymush
Msg: 17 (view)

wtf is pauline
Posted: 8/31/2017 3:13:50 PM
I don't know what's occurred with Pauline, a person I appreciate a lot, but Orange your replies on here to H. floriensis....fvckin' hilarious.

This is a brief visit by me....a quick gander sees stalker John desperate to prove he is not that guy! Ah well...hahaha
 scareymush

Dermestes Haemorrhoidalis
Posted: 8/31/2017 3:10:06 PM

Any the how, they're pretty common in the UK apparently. Have you ever had such problem and how did you wage holocaust on such creatures? I'd rather avoid pesticides. Indeed it is rather sad to exterminate them. After all, they're just trying to make a living like you and me; however, I cannae live with em crawling about all the time. I just can't. (mopes)

For 1, there must be an awful lot of detritus laying around your abode...is it a grave?....for those creatures to be so abundant. For 2, I'm sure those parasitic blighters are delighted you've taken up their cause and are kind enough to only wish upon them a merciful death..who needs chemical warfare when the stomping of feet can achieve so much more?
 scareymush
Msg: 144 (view)

Posted: 8/21/2017 3:24:48 PM
Just be mindful that most people are lovely and kind...take heart.

Wotsisface is a troll...none of what he posts should be taken seriously, his intent is to attempt to exacerbate his lack of belief and faith in human beings by accusing. He's a bad person with a soul as black of the ace of spades...he's an attention seeker and if my guess is correct his name is John and he's my stalker....patriciaanne who's posted on here is the helen I've mentioned..it's what she does, she's a well known liar, John is the same.

The worst people I've known have never been as bad or evil as stalker John and Rangers fan Helen aka patricianne... the two of them are relentless..I don't know why or what's up with them, I know they are fake though.
 scareymush
Msg: 142 (view)

Posted: 8/21/2017 12:29:18 PM
My Ma and Da were shopkeepers...I worked alongside my Da in his shop since age 12....nowadays they call shopkeepers entrepreneurs haha. But my parents, whilst wanting to earn a living, were more inclined to enjoy and be justifiably proud of providing a much-needed service.

Seriously, that's fascinating about your grandfather...I used to work as a gardener for a wonderful woman who I met when she was 83 years old, her husband, he was a Scot and he was a Protestant...she wasn't allowed to marry him in the eyes of the Catholic Church unless he converted. Now this woman, her name was Maureen, this woman was a lot like my mother....she was famous for fighting for Irish Travellers' rights and she loved being Catholic....her Scottish husband to be refused to convert to Catholicism, he said to her the Catholic Church was full of sh1t because they were insisting on his conversion otherwise the marriage would be illegal in the eyes of God...and their children would not be considered properly Catholic.

She married him because she loved him and knew he was the only man for her...they allowed them to marry in a Catholic church but not at the altar...in some side room in a church where nobody knew her, on a day when nobody was likely to notice...and she at 83 was still feeling so sad about that, she told me it made her question her belief but she remained defiant, retained her belief and understood that some people are just simply cruel and unfair.

Her husband was dead by the time I met her but I'd love to have met him...he sounded great to me. She was widowed at a young age so we both related to each other on the basis of having to be single parents. She and her husband were architects and they built the house she lived in together piece by piece, every little nook and cranny forged by their hands alone...I remember being massively impressed by the modernity of their home built in the 50s and the brilliant copper hooded fireplace. Mostly I loved her garden and how she'd remember the story of each flower and tree which flourished there, a gift from a friend, grown from a seed...she used to get me to shovel up stuff from the bottom of her pond saying it held marvelous nutrients for the vegetable patch otherwise I'd be kept busy turning over her compost pile with a garden fork. I'd feel like my 15 yrs younger self was kind of exploited..except we'd take an hour long break in between where I was treated to elderflower cordial and lemon sizzle cake and a lot of wisdom.
 scareymush
Msg: 140 (view)

Posted: 8/21/2017 11:08:01 AM
Pauline and Orange, I'm not sure if you are aware of these two cases in Ireland.

http://www.thejournal.ie/twenty-years-on-a-timeline-of-the-x-case-347359-Feb2012/

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/timeline-of-ms-y-case-1.1951699

And I believe the world all knew about Savita Halappanavar

One of the reasons that Halappanavar's death became an international news story was her husband Praveen's insistence that hospital staff told his wife that she couldn't have a termination because Ireland is a Catholic country. During the inquest, the midwife Ann Maria Burke came forward to apologetically explain that she was the source of this remark. She said that she had only wanted to throw light on Irish culture for Halappanavar, explaining: "It was the law of the land and there were two referendums where the Catholic church was pressing the buttons." From reportage, it looks as though she was all but slapped on the wrist by the coroner, who told her that Irish public hospitals do not follow any religious tenet or dogma.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/apr/19/savita-halappanavar-abortion-midwife

That's really interesting about your grandfather Orange...was he a parish priest before or after he was with your grandmother?

My mother was a beautiful soul who loved her religion...but she was true to her beliefs and she really did love her neighbours as she loved herself. There was a lot that happened to her in her life and she would look to God for answers through prayers, self-reflection and meditation...always the same answer...to understand, to forgive, to love. I miss my mammy!
 scareymush

Meet me icons
Posted: 8/21/2017 10:25:51 AM
The lightning bolt symbolises being love struck.

The heart represents true heartfelt love.

Cheeky chappies will send you a lightning bolt because it's the same as saying "Schhhhwwwinnngg!"

Lovehearts are pure emotional blackmail....ignore both.

Only respond to those who tick 0.
 scareymush
Msg: 469 (view)

pooopps
Posted: 8/21/2017 10:10:18 AM
Why does half-pint think this thread being bumped is all about him?

I thought we were using this thread for having a laugh and some chit chat mainly about what we like to delight our taste buds with.

I think we're nearly there!

scareymush
Msg: 136 (view)

Posted: 8/21/2017 10:03:22 AM

I suppose you expected that from a Catholic aye?

You might, but you're not a Catholic. I was raised as one (with all the certs to prove it) and I never thought such a thing...I also know Catholics vary in the strength of their religious belief and in how much they believe the Pope is God's voice on earth.

The most pious being the most hypocritical. My sister calls them holy rollers...that expression makes me laugh.

Wasn't it @rsewipe who said war is only good for population control?

Women were in control of their fertility since the dawn of mankind and before probably. There are certain herbs you can take to induce a miscarriage.

If a little squirt like H. floriensis cares so much he has options.
 scareymush

War on drugs - is it lost
Posted: 8/21/2017 6:58:09 AM
I would love if cannabis was legal, at least then it could be sold in packets with mental health warnings emblazoned on them. Also, so what's actually supplied isn't the horrible stuff they sell on the street.
 scareymush
Msg: 3509 (view)

Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 8/19/2017 1:29:36 PM
I think he resembles the energiser carrot far more....it's all about those good vibrations baby!

But seriously, does Trump have an official White House make-up artist and is her name Danielle Priano? Because I reckon the make-up artist is the one whose head will roll next.
 scareymush
Msg: 33 (view)

two countries separated by a common languag e :(
Posted: 8/19/2017 9:59:15 AM
@justanotherchap,

They created a country in the continent of Africa called Liberia, just so dissatisfied African Americans could actually 'go home'!
They're famous for their quilts there...

What you posted before about a UKIP member claiming to the press that a donkey tried to rape his horse....jaysus!! I'd forgotten all about them lot and Nigel Farage's great friendship with Trump....didn't he have an expectation he would be employed in an advisory capacity by Trump?

The hints and the clues were always there.

The police need some proper training in the US....why would they shoot first? They've shot dead white people too without provocation....recently an Australian woman who had called them because she believed someone was being attacked in a laneway beside her house...some years ago they shot dead a young Irish boy after answering a call about a disturbance. State troopers, male and female have subjected white women to intimate searches tantamount to sexual assault...the TSA......we know all about them...
 scareymush
Msg: 30 (view)

Posted: 8/19/2017 3:04:09 AM

No one race is any more guilty of the trading of slaves than any other. The romans took slaves. The greeks had slaves. The egyptians had slaves. African enslaved african to be used or traded. The slave trade still goes on. It is a massive problem in the uk just now. I watched the documentary the other week about the modern slave trade.

Every race has suffered from the slave trade. Indentured slaves were just as used and abused as bought slaves were. The great george washington was a slave owner.

Yes, sure. But for African Americans, slavery didn't occur in the long and distant past...nearly, but not quite and besides old attitudes towards those of African descent, black people still persist...If I was African American, I would be a member of the Black Panthers and I'd be really fvcking angry.

Ps scarey
Honest question here. Why did you feel the need to write 'I'm not a racist'? Why the need to exclaim that? We need to get this nonsense out of our psyche. It's like we need to apologise for who we are. What be your view?

I did so because I understand the necessity of having to overstate things for those hard of reading comprehension.

Have a fun Saturday!
 scareymush

Barcelona Attack.......
Posted: 8/19/2017 2:37:01 AM

What exactly constitute the alt-right then? Not all nationalists believe in religion. Because it is not nationalism that is driving daesh in my opinion but religion.

I think we need to remember that America is not Britain. The alt-right in the US are considered unpatriotic and unAmerican...their tenets, their creed - flies in the face of what the rest of the Americans believe America stands for.

The alt-right in the US are mainly Protestants and they are definitely bible bashers who use the bible to drive home the dribble they've concocted to justify their hate.

Isis wanted to establish a caliphate. A caliphate is an area, a landmass, a place to call home. Isis chose Raqqa as their caliphates capital...they sought to control as much of the surrounding area as possible. I'd consider them raging patriots and extreme nationalists on that basis.

On the matter of confronting hate preachers...how do you propose doing that? Would you take a few hints and tips from the antifas on how to?

What happened in Barcelona, the consequent condemnation of the terrorist attack by all except of course 'Isis' and their supporters. The level of condemnation doesn't befit the crime as far as you're concerned? Because you believe that an act of home grown terrorism on American soil received over the top criticism?

I don't really understand you right now. I'm trying though.
 scareymush
Msg: 28 (view)

Posted: 8/19/2017 1:46:58 AM
Vlad, you might have seen this already

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/videos/category/history/what-did-the-rebel-yell-sound-like/

In my last post I suggested reading 'To Hell or Barbados: The Ethnic Cleansing of Ireland' by Sean O'Callaghan. In doing so I'm apparently guilty of the promulgation of a pile of made up sh1te by an awful eejit....so I take that recommendation back and promise to never say that the Irish experience in the Americas mirrored that of African slaves ever again. I hadn't realised that I was actually guilty of perpetuating a myth which white supremacists are fond of using as a means to undermine the true extent of the horrors suffered by African men and women who were slaves.

Not that I am racist myself, it's just that I was too willing to buy into the victimhood of the Irish and therefore to deny some awful truths about some Irish people. So thank you Vlad, without your prompting me I wouldn't have bothered to do more research.

http://www.academia.edu/9844492/Directors_Cut_Critique_of_Sean_OCallaghans_To_Hell_or_Barbados
 scareymush
Msg: 117 (view)

Gay Marriage
Posted: 8/18/2017 3:59:04 PM
https://irishelectionliterature.com/2015/05/15/a-mothers-love-is-irreplaceable-vote-no-leaflet-from-the-iona-institute/

I've just found the above.

Who knew there was a website out there with a collection of Irish Election Literature?

What a great idea!
 scareymush
Msg: 116 (view)

Gay Marriage
Posted: 8/18/2017 3:47:24 PM
That's true, there's many a victim lying in the wake of that big money making machine.

It saddens me because spirituality is important but they and other religions turn it into a negative somehow.

The campaign against gay marriage in Ireland was awful. Obviously, it's now legal which is wonderful but in truth, it should have always been so.

There's a group called 'The Iona Institute' here, they're a Catholic group with many esteemed members. Their no vote campaign was funded by the owner of Dominos Pizza and other wealthy American Catholics. The horrible things they thought about gay people was foisted on us with countless constant tv exposure, adverts, leaflet dropping for a whole year!

They called gay people 'intrinsically disordered', claimed gay marriage would undermine traditional marriage...said it was unnatural for children not to have a mother and a father, they could only grow up disturbed, violent, criminal if they lacked either. You can imagine how many divorced and widowed parents felt about that. I'm so glad that year is over.
 scareymush
Msg: 85 (view)

football teams
Posted: 8/18/2017 3:20:37 PM
Oh dear, I hope it doesn't go on for too long....They've started early, haven't they?

Where I live ...the majority of houses are lived in by quiet folks like myself. But there was this one time the football club across the road invited a Palestinian boys team to play against locals their age....it was upsetting to notice that the boys from here were all head and shoulders above the boys from Gaza.

In honor of their guests, the club played Arabic music really loudly...it was a shock to be woken up by earth-shatteringly loud belly- dancing music so early on a Sunday. They came back this year and there was no music this time around...some bollocks must have complained.

So yeah...I feel for ya!
 scareymush
Msg: 83 (view)

football teams
Posted: 8/18/2017 2:39:36 PM
I got distracted there looking at videos on youtube....was having a look at old Richard Harris interviews which were full of stories of him and Peter O'Toole's drunken misadventures, so funny.

Anyway, I say have a gin vodka (the two of them together in the same glass?) and a San Miguel ....get yourself blotto!
 scareymush
Msg: 6 (view)

Barcelona Attack.......
Posted: 8/18/2017 1:42:37 PM
I wonder why Brendan O'Neill hasn't observed that it might be a good idea if the western alt-right joined forces with the ultra-conservative far right Isis to defeat their common enemy which is love and humanity....

They both hate Jewish people, they both have strong faith in their respective religions, neither are adverse to slavery...They each hate the same things so what's not to like about each other?
 scareymush
Msg: 79 (view)

football teams
Posted: 8/18/2017 10:18:35 AM
Those Irn Bru ads are bloody brilliant. I love the dark humour....is that typical Scot's humour - very dark?

If it is typical, it's mad how deceptive the Scot's soft accent and general gentleness is....I did not realise that such dementedness lay beneath those innocent looking exteriors.

My favourite one was the butcher getting the cartoon animals to follow him to his shop...the visual jokes throughout were just so clever. My second favourite was the flying through the air one. I love cartoons ...

Really bizarre

Someone just sent me their phone number and talked about our future together

What kind of future was he envisioning?
 scareymush
Msg: 14 (view)

Profile help please.
Posted: 8/17/2017 5:23:39 PM

You know Jo Van?

If the OP does it definitely won't be in the biblical sense.....it's against his religion!
 scareymush
Msg: 27 (view)

Posted: 8/17/2017 5:18:54 PM
Why Vlad Dracul....I do declare!

I can google too you know!?

You neglected to mention the 12 Union generals or that Ireland produced more American Civil War Generals than any other foreign country, that was very naughty of you.

http://irishamericancivilwar.com/generals/

I might be related to Constitution Browne by marriage....the horror!

And you made no mention of the 'Fighting 69th'....I find that very remiss of you and I gotta feeling you're cruisin' for a bruisin'...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Brigade_(Union_Army)

Tsk at you and your ability to weed out all that confirmation bias information.

I'm going to google 'Scots born American civil war generals' and see what I get.

A Lt. Col. and Sgt. Maj. Well done the Scots!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-20544216

You'll like this:

https://sonofskye.wordpress.com/2014/06/17/scotland-and-the-confederate-states-of-america/

here's an excerpt

"The Rebel Yell

The blood curling Rebel Yell was the distinctive battle cry of the Confederate soldier during the Civil War. No contemporary recordings of the yell exist, and debate continues about how exactly it sounded and the nature of its origins. Historian Shelby Foote described it as “a foxhunt yip mixed up with sort of a banshee squall” while a Union soldier said that “if you claim you heard it and weren’t scared that means you never heard it”. The closest we will ever get to it is a fascinating recording released by the Smithsonian Museum which shows 90 year old Confederate Veterans doing the Rebel Yell at a Civil War reunion of the 1930s

One theory put forward by the historian Grady McWhiney suggests that the Rebel Yell was in fact the battle cry of the Scottish Highlanders, transplanted to America and passed down the generations by Scottish emigres. On the surface this theory seems plausible, and there are undeniable similarities between the Rebel Yell and the distinctive howl and whooping battle cry that Scottish Highlanders were known to have used during battles such as Killiecrankie. However while it makes for an interesting anecdote, it probably doesn’t stand up to scrutiny. It is much more likely that the Rebel Yell originates from Native American war crys, possibly heard by soldiers that fought the Native Americans in the series of wars that took place before the Civil War. Indeed William Howard Russell, war correspondent for The Times noted that the yell had “a touch of the Indian war-whoop in it”. So while there might not be a shared origin for the Scottish and Confederate war cry, there is an undeniable similarity in their descriptions – eerie, haunting, high pitched and very effective at unnerving the enemy."

As for your post on the other page...Do you truly believe I have the answer to all of that? I'll just say the Irish were oppressed, the famine brought lots of them to America, Cromwell sent many to the Carribean as well as the Southern States as slaves.

Read 'To Hell or Barbados: The Ethnic Cleansing of Ireland'
by Sean O'Callaghan

An example of how Irish were treated:
http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/generationemigration/2013/02/12/when-the-irish-became-white-immigrants-in-mid-19th-century-us/

"In those days, the Irish immigrants had much in common with African-Americans; they might be nicknamed “Negroes turned inside out” while African-Americans would be “smoked Irish”. A quip, attributed to an African-American, went something like this: “My master is a great tyrant, he treats me like a common Irishman.” In the census of 1850, the term “mulatto” appears for the first time, due primarily to inter-marriage between Irish and African-Americans.

The white, Protestant business establishment believed amalgamation between the races would begin with the Irish and African-Americans. The resulting united front of labour would have increased wages, something the establishment did not want."
 scareymush
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 8/17/2017 8:52:24 AM
The statues are for the most part cheap knock-offs which were mass produced by one company....they were never specifically commissioned glorious works of art by whichever celebrated artist of the day which I personally view as a reflection of the importance attached to the statues' subjects.

They were erected decades after the civil war at the turn of the century and again in the 1920s, the purpose behind these erections was not to celebrate Dixie Land or as memorials to the dead of the war, the objective was to intimidate the burgeoning civil rights movement.

https://www.sitinmovement.org/history/america-civil-rights-timeline.asp

https://www.nps.gov/malu/learn/education/jim_crow_laws.htm

I don't really know anything about America's past presidents..I actually don't give a damn about them, they have no relevance to me except in matters Irish, another large group of people treated badly in America.

The mp Sarah Champion might have been guilty of breaking the law by inciting hatred against a minority ethnic group with her words? The UK has certain laws for a reason, don't they?

I ask you...why is it that one ethnic group of men is being accused alone of having a culture of disrespect towards young white girls when all women know it isn't just that group but also society at large who need to shoulder the responsibility of an all prevailing misogynistic sexist attitude towards all women? Those men, those filthy dirty perverted men, were opportunists and they got away with the horrible things they did for so long because society is failing women.

I can't reply till after midnight. Billy if I fancied you you'd know all about it.
 scareymush
Msg: 460 (view)

pooopps
Posted: 8/17/2017 7:16:17 AM
I'm beginning to think that Billy is more a bunter than a bond despite his allusions to living a busy and hectic lifestyle which finds him travelling here there and everywhere. He's a gobbler who never stops gabbling, surely that amounts to a lot of food wastage and I pity the person who sits opposite him on the train.

I miss his presence ...I was enjoying the "will they or won't they?" scenario between him and pauline, I know she would never but his optimistic persistence was comical.
 scareymush

two countries separated by a common language.
Posted: 8/17/2017 6:58:08 AM
I declare the UK the winners!

I think much of how universities are rated is the amount of money being pumped into having state of the art equipment and laboratories. That would immediately improve the level of education for all students everywhere so the ratings don't necessarily reveal how competent the educators are.

Speaking of which:
"University vice-chancellors earning more than the prime minister will be asked to prove they are worth it as part of a clampdown on accelerating pay increases among higher education leaders.

In a speech on Thursday, the universities minister, Jo Johnson, will tell higher education institutions that in future they will have to justify exceptionally high salaries.

“When pay levels are exceeding those of the prime minister, it’s important they are justified by exceptional performance,” he is expected to say, in a speech outlining the government’s plans to secure value for money for students."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jul/19/call-for-vice-chancellors-earning-more-than-may-to-prove-their-worth
 scareymush
Msg: 168 (view)

Change of subject
Posted: 8/17/2017 6:34:17 AM
He's never had any major complaints because his services have never been rendered.

He only wrote that post because he's looking for sympathy anyway....little does he realise that the genius of Charlie Chaplin couldn't have conjured up that much pathos.
 scareymush
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 8/17/2017 6:17:33 AM
At least senior Republican politicians and pundits are coming out and decrying Trump's statements.

At least various states are now planning to take down monuments and renaming schools, streets and universities which commemorate confederates because they recognise how insulting and hurtful they are.

At least the interweb is busy naming and shaming those who marched with torches to somewhere the night before the rally, and those people are being fired from their jobs.

At least the Charlottesville police will be arresting organisers of the rally.

At last Trump has been exposed as the racist he is.

I don't know what any of this means when it comes to the global elites taking over the planet though. Is Trump's domestic policy furthering their aim somehow?
 scareymush
Msg: 8 (view)

Profile help please.
Posted: 8/16/2017 2:07:26 PM
I had another look at your profile to see if your nose is really that big hahaha

Post 4 contains the sort of backhanded compliment style tripe one of those pick-up artists might write. Have you heard of those guys?

I like this article so I'll share it

https://www.theguardian.com/science/brain-flapping/2014/nov/14/how-to-be-a-pickup-artist-science-dapper-laughs-julien-blanc
 scareymush
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 8/16/2017 1:37:16 PM
I don't see what's so great about being public enemy #1

What built the U.S. were all those Chinese rail workers, Irish and German labour and the free labour provided by indentured servants (Irish, Scottish...I don't know which other nationalities) and African slaves.

There's not a lot of point in being all powerful and almighty if your president is a stark raving lunatic and a dreadful racist. He might be scaring the bejaysus out of people because he's completely insane therefore dangerous but none of that bodes well for citizens like you.

His next edict is going to be the renaming of the USA to Trumptonia and he's going to start wearing an American manufactured crown and cape with western style alligator cowboy boots....mark my words!
 scareymush

Profile help please.
Posted: 8/16/2017 12:27:42 PM
Your profile seems fine to me. But I'm female and I might be missing something.

Either all the interesting and funny men are on their summer holidays or they simply don't exist...your profile is not the issue then.

There seems to be a large number of male chauvinist swine snuffling and sniffling about lately....they'd probably find your profile intimidating.
 scareymush

Posted: 8/16/2017 12:04:50 PM
They brought in that rule to make sure people write what they term 'substantive' posts...meaning they want you to write millions of words...content only mattered if you were calling people names and stuff, being mean etc.

Your link shows that the U.S. ranks lower than the U.K. who are #3.

So now we all know that the UK reigns supreme.
 scareymush
Msg: 103 (view)

Gay Marriage
Posted: 8/16/2017 11:25:43 AM

I'm Canadian. My dad's of English, French, Scottish, and Portuguese ancestry, and my mum was Romanian. I came here because there's nothing going on in the Canadian regional forums. That's ironic because this is a Canadian site.

O.K. I know you're not Canadian.

I'm sure if you look at the history of the Middle Ages, you will find some extremely cruel punishments.

I wouldn't be quite so sure.

The only people punished by the Catholic church were women and children....shall I list the ways, is there any need to remind you that it's still ongoing?
 scareymush
Msg: 98 (view)

Gay Marriage
Posted: 8/16/2017 8:59:19 AM

Chap, I'm actually not British, so I didn't know the term "poof" was that offensive.

What nationality are you then?

The Catholic Church doesn't punish people for being gay anymore.

How did the Catholic Church punish people for being gay?
 scareymush
Msg: 118 (view)

Concealing an inner slut rather flimsily?
Posted: 8/14/2017 4:46:09 PM
^^^^^ You're a liar and a fake.

You don't have a counselor, your Ma or Da is not ill or dead, you know nothing about Parkinson's or multiple sclerosis, you don't have Aspergers. You're a disgrace of a human being.
 scareymush
Msg: 116 (view)

Posted: 8/14/2017 3:52:03 PM
Nearly every single one of us was viciously trolled ....I trusted a horrible cow and her pal on here enough to be Facebook pals...they both slagged off my ten year old son on here....they called him fat and ugly. They used a picture of my child to hurt me, they said he reminded them of a character from 'The Goonies'' some plump kid. An actual thread was created to slag off my boy, a happy little lad...you can imagine how incensed that made me feel...one of the b1tches claimed innocence but anyway I made sure to crucify them both...one of them was a strange looking yoke herself, a burgeoning lesbian with sadistic tendencies (her dream job was to be a screw/prison warden)....her sister went on and on about my ten year old son being chubby and ugly yet she was a two tonne tessie, she had more bellies than she had chins....the worst was E.L. who I identified with and actually liked and wanted to be supportive of....she ripped the p1ss out of my innocent child.....I had to make a huge effort to restrain myself from pointing out her daughters looked like pigs...seriously, I hope those poor little girls grew out of their unfortunate looks. My happy boy....he's 6'5", women love him because he's incredibly handsome and he has a beautiful personality. But if E.L. had the misfortune to meet me......I won't murder her or even put her in hospital, but I'll make sure she suffers somehow, that's if she doesn't apologise immediately.

And guess what...they complained about being victimised by me because I figured out their thread was about my son...I think they expected me to be embarrassed and ashamed and to stay quiet rather than to tell them I was disgusted with their actions.

And another thing that happened was Helen from Glasgow pretending that I was guilty of exposing my breasts to some bloke and pretending that he confided in her and all his other forum mates that my tits were a mishappen mess...I have glorious breasts and I've never exposed them to anybody online....had I, people would have been telling you how magnificent they are...the online abuse by jealous b1tches and resentful men is unbelievable...who cares about them.

If you'd admitted that you'd learned nothing about people, and about women in particular, you might have garnered more sympathy. As it is, I'm wondering about your honesty now.

My daughter does have Aspergers and she's never searched out of her personal experience to blame others...she's very mindful of the fact it's possible she's failing to understand others rather than feeling misunderstood...she goes out of her way to go against her nature and be or try her best to be empathetic....mister independent is a fake
 scareymush
Msg: 112 (view)

Posted: 8/14/2017 2:15:44 PM
Pauline, justanotherchap paid you a massive compliment the other day, he said you bring a fresh honest perspective which he welcomes to the forums, he's one person who values your contributions a lot...10ky, whilst being an unabashed troll still seeks your approval (and yeah, I'd explain that wont as a result of him being a narcissistic psychopath) and Billy is always making an eejit out of himself by being hands and knees prostrate in front of you begging for a bone.

You're more powerful than you realise.

I think you're great because I know that I'm right to think that (my instinct informs me).

You're always getting responses to your posts...that's good because it means people believe your opinion is important and they want to read it, they respect your opinion, they respect you. Also you explain things very well and get to the heart of the matter. So don't allow anybody deny you the freedom to post..obviously, don't post if you don't want to.

My family, me and my daughter and two sons are very good people too, we're appreciated, beloved, valued...any online haters and detractors can shove it up their big fat bottoms.

And the rather appropriately named psycho takes the easy way out

I know male violence exists but please stop the point scoring

Pretty much the point I've been making, each case has to taken individually.

Bored with it now, everyone has an answer for everything.

What you are truthfully bored with is your inability to score points by reaching to the lowest depths and then not having the imagination to plumb even further for more 'inscrutable' evidence of the sinful nature of women....Google not your friend anymore then?
 scareymush
Msg: 106 (view)

Posted: 8/14/2017 1:28:34 PM
Pauline, there are an awful lot of injustices meted out to those considered powerless and ineffectual. I wouldn't be the strident individual I am today if I didn't have to battle the battles I did....also, I met wonderful people who cared a lot about me and my circumstances who saved me, who encouraged me, who equipped me with courage because they believed in me. The no.s of people who cared versus those who were against me, those who judged me, blamed me, accused me of being hysterical paled in significance but it was definitely equal when it came to gender...good people versus hypocrites with a slavish devotion to our current patriarchy.

@psycho

Steve Lowe, director of Phoenix Forensic Consultants, which treats and assesses child sex abusers, said the true number of female paedophiles has remained hidden for too long.

"As a society, we find women sex offenders difficult to acknowledge. But those of us who work with paedophiles have seen evidence that women are capable of terrible crimes against children – just as bad as men." He said some female abusers remained hidden because they appeared before the family courts, where their cases were not publicised because of reporting restrictions.

Try telling us something we don't know.

There's a reason why things remain hidden and unacknowledged and it's got feck all to do with protecting the sanctity of one gender over another and worse, less to do with protecting children. It's not about opening up a hornet's nest too difficult to contain either...are we all still pretending, after the sex gangs who exploited young girls were convicted and imprisoned, that it's ethnicity and gender which is to blame?
 scareymush
Msg: 101 (view)

Posted: 8/14/2017 12:16:09 PM
My daughter has Aspergers and if it turns out your man is guilty of emotionally blackmailing us readers by pretending that that is his issue I will have his guts for garters.

My daughter is very sensitive and very smart, she's not sexist by any means, she hasn't been badly treated by the opposite sex as much as they might have wanted to disrespect her...she's had a hard time of it for sure but she doesn' blame others for that. She focuses on herself, takes steps to improve herself and to reach her potential and it's a massive struggle for her...because some people will not accept that we are all different and she's honest and genuine and isn't trying to pass herself off as what society dictates is normal. She's sweet, she's lovely, most of her thoughts about others are kind and loving. She doesn't have a bitter bone in her body, what upsets her is that people misunderstand how literal she is, that she doesn't quite get the joke etc. Some people get really annoyed with people with Aspergers because they don't think you're that funny and they'll tell you honestly that they think you're stupid....or unrealistic/mistaken/wrong....what you've said is irrational/illogical (I feel the lyrics of a Supertramp song coming on)

@msg 103

Like mother, like daughter! Isn't that obvious?! People don't have a conscience these days! tut tut tut

Was that a response to my post?
I don't have Aspergers, if I find you unfunny, it's because you aren't, if I think you're stupid, it's because you are. It's true I'm unconventional to a degree because I'm not the kind of woman who's awfully sorry for not cow-towing to any man. What about it?

Show ALL Forums