Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Cat urine odor: Idea to remove from manufactured home?
 PrairieNihilist
Msg: 25 (view)

Cat urine odor: Idea to remove from manufactured home?
Posted: 8/13/2016 2:33:26 AM
There is a product called Nature's Miracle out there that I've had good luck with. Here where I live, a gallon of it, is about 40 bucks, but it got the odor out of my new sofa when my idiot cat decided to be mad at me. It's an enzymatic product, so results may vary, but I've used it with great success.
 PrairieNihilist
Msg: 15 (view)

Spider insider
Posted: 8/13/2016 2:26:53 AM
I'd make sure it was non-venomous and leave it be if it wasn't. If I couldn't be sure, then I'd just kill it.
 PrairieNihilist
Msg: 4704 (view)

Trump for President
Posted: 8/13/2016 12:55:43 AM
You know...I could see myself voting for him...if I were bigoted, poorly educated, self-hating, ignorant, flat out idiotic, and wanted to watch the world burn...or if I was überwealthy, because you have to know that he has no intention of making things better for the average Joe. He may not be an experienced politician, but he's already got the skills of pandering to the public, making unrealistic promises, mudslinging, and lying through his teeth down to an art
 PrairieNihilist
Msg: 3 (view)

Anybody out there?
Posted: 8/13/2016 12:45:57 AM
Sure was. I don't know why POF doesn't still list this place on the site. It's a great way to interact with others in a public and moderated setting.
 madguitarist
Msg: 1 (view)

Anybody out there?
Posted: 10/14/2015 8:36:10 PM
This place used to be a hub of activity. Where's everybody go? If you're out there and check to see if there are any posts, feel free to drop a line or whatever. If you're lurking, then let's get this thing going again.
 madguitarist
Msg: 11 (view)

Disabilities/When To Disclose (NOT A Pity Thread)
Posted: 10/9/2007 1:38:32 AM
I think that one should be open and forward when it comes to discussing a disability. Realistically, if you're up front about it, and somebody turns away from you for it, then you're better off, because then you don't get attached, only to tell them later on, and have them angry with you for hiding it from them. Plus, if they turn away off the bat, then you've weeded out someone who is non-tolerant, shallow, and who would likely end up hurting you anyways. That's just my take. I apply that principle to every aspect of meeting people. I put my character flaws out there, and if people like me, then that's awesome. If not, then no big loss. You can't lose friends/love interests that you never had to begin with, so really, what have you got to lose?
 madguitarist
Msg: 9 (view)

Accepting people the way they are
Posted: 10/9/2007 1:31:48 AM
I'm a very tolerant individual, and have little to no problem accepting people for who they are. Granted, I don't get along with absolutely everyone that I meet, but I've never really been one to write people off because their ideals, and characteristics don't match my perception of ideal.
 madguitarist
Msg: 2 (view)

going to school at an older age
Posted: 10/9/2007 1:28:43 AM
It's become so common place these days, that it's not taboo from a social perspective. Lots of my friends are in classes with people in their 40s and 50s, and think nothing of it. Perhaps it might be tougher from a personal standpoint, as far as having been out of school for so long, and then trying to get back into a studious mindset, but that's likely the biggest obstacle that most will face apart from trying to get student loans. Besides that's a government inadequacy, and has nothing to do with age. They don't discriminate based on age when it comes to f*cking the dog about getting you the proper funds you need to pay for school.
 madguitarist
Msg: 48 (view)

Smokers and Non-Smokers
Posted: 10/9/2007 1:23:37 AM
I'm dating a non-smoker currently, and it has little effect on our relationship. I don't smoke in my house at all, so when she's visiting, she doesn't have to put up with it. I think it's a matter of how offensive it is to the individual. Her mom smokes, so it maybe doesn't bother her that I do because of that. If she had allergies to it, I'd likely try to quit, or at least refrain from smoking when around her.
 madguitarist
Msg: 10 (view)

Expectations Vs Reality
Posted: 10/9/2007 1:19:20 AM
I just think it's fun to meet new people for fun. At worst, you won't get along, and can go your own way. Even if you don't click romantically, you can still make friends, and get connected. Ideally, I'd meet like minded musicians who wanted to jam or form a band, but realistically, I just like meeting new people.
 madguitarist
Msg: 42 (view)

Would you contact someone with 0 roses
Posted: 10/9/2007 1:16:07 AM
Why not? Just because they don't have any roses, doesn't necessarily make them a terrible person. Roses are just an online greeting. It's not like they mean anything in the grand scheme of things.
 madguitarist

Pics from September 15th 2007---Karaoke Style Again
Posted: 10/9/2007 1:12:26 AM
Good times were had. Lots of great singers, and awesome on-stage antics. Hope the next one is just as fun, but yet I hope not, because I can't make it.
 madguitarist

crop circles
Posted: 10/9/2007 1:10:19 AM
LOL It's the government messing with us. They're goofing around with new high-tech aircraft, and using fertilizer to test out a deployment device for some type of special chemical weapon.
 madguitarist
Msg: 23 (view)

nuke power do we want it yes or no and why??????
Posted: 10/9/2007 1:06:51 AM
Realistically, having nuclear power wouldn't be a bad thing compared to coal burning plants. It's much more efficient, creates less pollution, and would provide more than adequate power to the province. As long as they do their homework, and build the plant in a location where damage from a meltdown would be minimal, there is no reason to fear it. Hydro projects wouldn't work, and even though wind power is a much greener source of power, I don't think it would be a feasible long-term power solution. If they were to build an underground nuclear power plant in a rock bed or abandoned mine in the middle of nowhere, it would be safe enough. Plus, if the plant is maintained properly, and the staff is well trained, the likelihood of a meltdown, is very slim.
 madguitarist
Msg: 22 (view)

Growth of Gangs In Sask. Should We Be Concerned?
Posted: 10/9/2007 1:00:19 AM
You know, as much as it seems to be getting worse, I'm not overly worried about it. It was bound to happen sooner or later, and eventually it won't be a big deal anymore. Besides, we've had the HA here for God knows how long, and something tells me that if they get fed up with the others, they'll take care of business quick like.
 madguitarist
Msg: 77 (view)

REGINA MEET & GREET - Karaoke - October 13th
Posted: 10/9/2007 12:56:22 AM
Wish I could make this one, but I have a band in at the bar that weekend.
 madguitarist
Msg: 19 (view)

when a friend dies
Posted: 9/6/2007 7:37:12 PM
I prefer to remember the good times that I had with friends that I've lost. Sure, I miss having them around, but I look at it like this. At any given time, they could have moved to a new city, gotten busy, and lost touch , so their dying, is essentially the same. There's nothing that I can do to change it in either case, so instead of mourning and getting down on myself, I remember the things that I liked about them, and the stuff we did when we hung out. That's my way of coping, because I truly believe that none of my friends would want me to be miserable because of them.
 madguitarist
Msg: 42 (view)

Are you really what you portray in your profile?
Posted: 9/6/2007 6:37:10 PM
I think that I am. I'm willing to admit that I have flaws, and that I have hang-ups, and quite frankly, it's of no consequence to me if people don't like me, as I already have plenty of people who do like me. I'm a very straightforward person, and I pride myself on being honest. As many of you have no doubt figured out, I'm not afraid to tell you that you're a douche, when you get on my nerves. I also enjoy intelligent conversation, and the occasional debate, but quite frankly, I've yet to have either on here, because people, are more concerned with being right, attacking, and belittling others, than exchanging ideas, and knowledge, and having non-personal debates. When you make a debate personal, it is my belief that you've automatically lost the debate. I have no respect for people who twist the words of others, and then try to attack them with them. So yeah, there's that blunt part. Not naming names, because the site doesn't allow it, but they know who they are, and you likely do as well. There's that blunt part of me coming out.
 madguitarist
Msg: 92 (view)

Are there any men that go to church anymore?
Posted: 9/6/2007 5:49:13 PM
Okay, let's get one thing straight...

One does not have to go to church to have morals and values. A person can believe firmly in monogamy, love for others, humility, honesty, integrity, and other such admirable virtues, without ever picking up a Bible, much less going to church. I know many people of upstanding morals and values, who are of Muslim, Jewish, pagan, atheist, agnostic, and other faiths.

I'm sure there are still some guys who go to church... but most are still serving time for sex with underage girls, wife beating and of course theft

I do not go to church, and I've never been convicted of a criminal offense(other than traffic violations). I've never had sex with a minor(except when I myself, was a minor), I've never been married, but I've been common-law, and my ex, will tell you, along with any other girl who has dated me, that I've never laid a violent hand on any woman(other than fighting with my sisters and friends as a child, and one mistake involving a tomboy who picked a fight with me in 7th Grade. I thought she was a guy.) . I won't say that I've never stolen, because I used to steal a lot when I was a kid, but I've grown a lot since then, and believe that it is not something that is befitting of my person. I am a man of honesty and integrity, and as such, I work for what I have.

Having said that, I am disgusted at your ignorant, and prejudiced belief, that any man who does not follow God, is a perpetrator of the aforementioned sins/crimes/atrocities. Seems you're not very well versed in your own scripture, where you are told not to judge, lest ye be judged. You broke a commandment, in generalizing within that statement, as you bore false witness, in saying all those terrible things about what us non-Christians do. If you were truly the believer that you claim to be, you would try to help us sinners see the light, without judgement. Your pride in being self-righteous, is such an ugly color. By the way, I was brought up Southern Baptist, and my father has his Master's in Theology and Pastoral Studies. I know my scripture, and accepted Jesus into my heart as my savior as a child. My reason for leaving the church, was people like you, who look down upon others. The hypocrisy of that very act, led me to want nothing to do with organized religion. My blood is on your hands, and the hands of other judgemental, self-righteous, holier than thou people like you. Staying single might be the best thing for you, until you can learn to sort out your own flaws, before casting judgement on others.

"Let he who is free from all sin, cast the first stone". It's been a while since I read the Bible, so I don't remember the exact book, chapter, and verse of that quote, but I do remember it being explained as being one of the pillars of Christianity, in that Christians should love everyone, without exception, and should not cast judgement upon them, but lead them to the path of righteousness. Why do most Christians hate gays. Yes, "homosexuality is an abomination", sayeth the Lord, but he will deal with it. Why not try to save them, instead of telling them that they're disgusting, and going to hell? That's what he'd want you to do.

Seriously, think about it.
 madguitarist
Msg: 18 (view)

how do you go about gentley telling someone their dog needs to be put down?
Posted: 9/6/2007 5:16:03 PM

I work for animal control and have worked in a vet office.
What that owner is doing is not just cruelty it is criminal neglect. The dog obviously has cancer, and it is slowly killing the dog.
To any one who thinks it is none of her affair, Let me ask you this, Would you turn a blind eye, if you knew that a child was sick, hurt, and being neglected by so called loving parents?
Pet owners are legally required to provide medical care for there pets, not to mention licensing laws their breaking , along with the rabies, parvo, distemper vaccinations needed each year.
It sounds to me that, since it is left out side to sleep, has had no medical care, shots, or anything , that they don't LOVE the dog and want to keep it around, their just to cheap and stingy to do anything to hep the pour thing.
You need to call your local animal control, and report the abuse, and they will do the caring thing. the owners may be brought up in charges,and have to pay a fine, YOU need to be ok with that.
Cruelty, and neglect is evil, it is EVERY BODYS BUSINESS.
All evil needs to flourish is for good people to do NOTHING.
I don't know how important your relations to your neighbor is, if keeping friends with them means more to you than helping that dog out of this life of pain, then do nothing.
It will die, the question is will you let it die in agony and pain or will you help ease it peace fully? I personally have euthenised many hundreds of dogs, and cats, I'm a huge animal lover, but when their quality of life diminishes that much it is time to do the loving thing .

Amen, my sister in animal protection.
 madguitarist
Msg: 34 (view)

How old were you the last time that physical pain made you cry? And Why?
Posted: 9/6/2007 1:12:55 PM
I was like 15, aand my dad, busted my mouth open pretty good with a right cross, for throwing my mom out of my room. I had it comin' though.
 madguitarist
Msg: 217 (view)

what's so bad about spanking your kid?
Posted: 9/6/2007 1:07:40 PM
I'm not saying beat the kid for every little thing. I believe in teaching kids accountability for their actions, and corporal punishment, is always as a last resort. However, if my kid were behaving like these ones, in spite of my best efforts, you bet I'd knock them down a few notches with a trip to the woodshed. Everybody talks about being charged with child abuse, but no cop in their right mind, is gonna arrest you for disciplining your kid, as long as you don't use excessive force. Especially if your kid, is on their sh*tlist already. My friend's teenage daughter, thought that it would be okay to tell her mom off, and smack her around. My buddy, tuned her in but good, and when she called the cops, and they came, he explained why he had done it, and the cop said something to the extent of "I'm glad there are still good parents out there." She's been golden ever since. Doesn't beak her mom anymore, and doesn't even think about getting violent with her. Her dad told her after the first belt lacing, that she'd get it double if she ever pulled that again. She'd never been spanked before, so it worked great. I totally agree about not getting slap happy with your kids over every little thing, but if they stop responding to verbal punishments, and time outs, or groundings, then it's time to remind them who's in charge. I'll put my teenage kid over my knee, before I kick them out of my house, and further mess them up.
 madguitarist
Msg: 214 (view)

what's so bad about spanking your kid?
Posted: 9/6/2007 3:54:51 AM
You know, I think that a good beating, would do a lot of kids some good these days. The place where I work, is part of a community service program, and the kids that are coming through for major hours, are getting younger and younger. Used to get 16 and 17 year olds, but now we get 13 and 14 year olds, who are jacking cars, breaking into houses, and beating people up for money. If my kid ever did anything like that, I'd beat him/her black, and beat the black off of him/her. Seriously, my kid would never get into trouble again, because they'd still be crippled from the first time they f*cked up. A lot of these kids, have no respect for their parents, and do not listen to them. Yeah, lots come from screwed up families too, but lots are just spoiled brats. The way kids these days act, is just sickening at times. Not all kids, but most kids, come off with that attitude like they know it all, and if you tell them to do something, or not to do something, they beak off at you. Some 14 year old kid, went into the store where my gf works, and tried to buy a lighter. She refused sale(which is store policy), and he threatened to come back and kill her. If he'd have done that with me in the store, I'd likely be in jail right now, because I'd have picked the little b*stard up by his neck, and told him that he'd be dead before he even looked at her wrong again. If that was me when I was growing up, I guarantee that an adult, would have come over, and given me a beating I wouldn't soon forget. Most of you, probably would have had the same happen. Getting suspended from school, used to be punishment, because either mom or dad, had to miss work to keep an eye on your a**, and you can bet that they weren't happy about it. You did chores, got yelled at, did more chores, got slapped upside the head for being stupid in school, get yelled at, and smacked for screwing up some more, and did more chores. There was no "vacation from school". You went to Mom and Dad's work camp. Touching stuff in the store, was a big nono. Mom would slap your hand clean off if you messed with it after being told not to touch. As for beakin' off at your folks, you'd get a smack, and if you dared tell them off...all I can say is holy f*ck! They would have killed me, revived me, and killed me again, if I ever told them to f*ck off. That's what the bad kids of today need. A good ol' fashioned a** beating. I don't have a criminal record, because if I couldn't do it without any chance of getting caught, I didn't f*ckin' do it. The hell with being scared of going to jail, I was scared of the thought of what Dad would do to me after he picked me up from jail. I'd have likely killed somebody just to stay in jail.
 madguitarist
Msg: 51 (view)

Hockey...
Posted: 9/6/2007 3:34:34 AM
I really just wanna see a Canadian team bring home the cup(except Ottawa or Montreal. F*ck them), but ideally, my beloved Leafs, would be the ideal candidate. Original Six, haven't won in 40 years and share their city with the Hall of Fame. I think they have potential this year. The biggest problem, was goaltending, and Toskala is an excellent keeper(I think we got the better end of the deal in the SJ goal dilemma). He's a way better keeper than Nabokov(can't believe they kept him instead of Kipprusoff either. Their loss I guess), and maybe having him, will light a fire under Raycroft's a**. I'm hoping, but I'd still be elated if Calgary or Vancouver won it. Especially Vancouver, as they're the only Canadian franchise, that has never won a cup in their entire history. Plus, Luongo deserves one after the job he did last year. He stood on his head for that team.
 madguitarist
Msg: 49 (view)

Regina Meet and Greet ---Karaoke Style Again
Posted: 9/6/2007 3:25:28 AM

madquitarist talk to snowtiger and get him out too hope u can make it it will be great to meet u

fiestyangel

I'll see what I can do to get him out. I got my band schedule, and it looks like, money permitting, I'll be able to make it. I'll be bringing my gf in all likelihood. Should be a good go.
 madguitarist
Msg: 65 (view)

are you glad the hippies have gone?
Posted: 9/6/2007 3:21:12 AM
Hippies aren't gone. There's still lots of them out there, still fighting the man. Some of them gave into the man though , and are family people, preparing for grandchildren and retirement from the job that they got, when they realized that they couldn't afford to live decently anymore. Of course I'm talking about hardcore extremist hippies, because a lot of the hippies, were just people of peace and loving, and had jobs anyways. If they were punks, I guess they'd be called poseurs, but I really don't see how having a job, makes you any less passionate about a cause.
 madguitarist
Msg: 36 (view)

is it wrong to hate her cause she had an abortion?
Posted: 9/6/2007 3:06:18 AM

Either you're prochoice or you're not. Children should not be punishments. ESPECIALLY in the situations that you mention where people don't use protection. Do you really think if someone can't be responsible for a fifty cent rubber, they should be responsible for a child?
In addition, guess what, those who say they don't regret it MAY actually be telling the truth, too. Who knew that not everyone is against abortion.

As I said in the post before yours, I am Pro-Choice, because there are circumstances, such as rape, and impending death due to complications, that merit abortion. If they can't be responsible for a 50 cent rubber, then they ought to learn to keep their gear tucked away. It's called consequences for actions. Apparently, accountability is a foreign concept to you and a lot of other people. Basically, if the world worked without accountability, a drunk driver, who runs over, and kills a law abiding pedestrian who is crossing at a crosswalk, shouldn't be arrested, tried, and sentenced, because it wasn't his fault that the pedestrian was crossing at that crosswalk when he was driving there. You may say that's different, but it's the exact same to me, because an innocent being, was killed because of a lack of accountability on the part of the perpetrator. Again, I must reiterate, that I said "lots", and not "all", and if you read my previous post, you'd see what I said, and wouldn't likely have posted what you have. Try to keep up please.

"even if it's not until later in life" was not important. Either way my response would've been the same.
They "often" change their tune? You're using the anecdote of your one nameless friend to represent "often"? You may want to research the statistics of repeat abortions. Yes, that means they got pregnant more than once. You'd be surprised at the number of women who've had abortions and some of them, later on, when they were prepared, had children. You have *no* idea someone's had an abortion unless they tell you. As I stated, go to imnotsorry.net. Read the stories of the women who had back-alley abortions before roe vs. wade, women who are in their 60s and 70s. Read the stories from women who had multiple abortions. Read all the stories from women who made their own choices, despite everyone else putting their 2 cents in, and have no regrets.

When my friend, made her choice, I did my homework, to prepare myself to help her through, and I did research on the subject. Imnotsorry, represents only the women who came forward with their stories about not regretting it, and not the ones who don't come forward out of fear, or shame. Hardly a reliable source for facts. The mere site name, implies bias. Again, if you read actual psychology and medical books like I did, you'd find that the number of women interviewed anonymously for the studies, who regretted having the procedure, and had mental anguish associated with it, outnumbered the number of women, who felt no regrets, and were fine with it. Not by much, but the majority in the studies regretted it. Granted, these studies were done before imnotsorry.net was even in existence, but nonetheless, they are not biased like this website, which encourages women not to feel guilty about being too stupid to keep their legs closed.

Again, being raped, and having medical complications that require an abortion, is different from just being a skank. You can argue all you want, but it shan't make me think any differently.
 madguitarist
Msg: 33 (view)

Posted: 9/5/2007 5:56:19 PM

Can you cite references/links for this statement? Abortion is very safe when done in hospitals or clinics, not like they were when they were done on kitchen tables 40 years ago.

Safe, just means that you are less likely to die from it, and yeah, I actually can cite a reference(name withheld to protect her). A good friend of mine, is now sterile from the abortion that she had when she was raped as a teenager . She also feels guilty for killing the baby, even though it wasn't her fault, and has been hiding the fact that she had it done from her family for over 12 years, out of fear of being disowned, and hated by the people who love her the most. Her hubby, is becoming very upset at the fact that he'll have to either adopt, or find a surrogate mother to have a child of his own. Had she carried the baby, her parents, likely would have either disowned her, or made her marry the jerk that raped her. Her younger sister made the mistake of getting knocked up, and telling them about it, so we know this for a fact(they kicked her out of the house at 15, and refuse to talk to her unless she marries the father of the baby). She also feels guilty about having tried to have a kid now, and wishes she'd have never gotten the abortion, because she figures that she could have a child right now, if she hadn't.

By the way, I'm not anti-abortion, I'm Pro-Choice to the core, because I believe that there are circumstances when it is a necessity, and justifiable. However, at the same time, I believe that it should be done responsibly, and not just as a bailout when you're too stupid to abstain, or use protection(the former, being the smartest). Also interesting to note, that many women, put up a front(or wall) to hide or suppress their anguish, guilt, and pain, so in spite of them saying that they don't regret it, they may actually be lying. Who knew that people might be capable of lying, keeping a secret, and/or putting on an act?

My final point, is that I said "lots", and not "all". Sure, it's possible that there are cold hearted c*nts out there, who can honestly say that they're fine with it, and that it doesn't bother them. If they can, then I guess power to them for being able to not let it affect them. Still others, do it so much, that it becomes as normal to them, as bathing. I think that they should have their wombs ripped out for it, or a tubal ligation, but that's just my opinion.

At any rate, I did not, at any time, imply that all women will feel guilty, or regret it. The only point that I was trying to make, is that the OP shouldn't hate their friend or relative for making the choice to do it, because she needs their support, and love to help get through that tough crossroad in life. Nothing more.

Did I mention that the individual to whom I refer and I, became friends when I was a peer crisis counsellor in high school? I do actually know what I'm talking about, so please do not attack me, assuming that I'm ignorant to something that I'm speaking about. I wouldn't say something about it, if I didn't have at least a bit of insight, and personal experience related to it, because that's not my style.
 madguitarist

how do you go about gentley telling someone their dog needs to be put down?
Posted: 9/5/2007 4:46:49 PM
If they are not treating him for his ailments, then it is actually animal neglect, and can be punishable by law. If they were doing everything in their power to treat his ailment, and taking him for regular vet check-ups, then it would be different, and I'd say that you would be out of line to interfere. However, since they are doing nothing about his health, and he's suffering, then I would say that you should lace into them. If you really wanted to, you could likely tip off the local SPCA as to what's happening, and they could go in, and seize the animal for neglect. The dog would be put down, and they'd have no say in it, but it could bring about legal ramifications for them, so you may not want to do that. Tell them that what they are doing, is inhumane, and absolutely horrible. Ask them how they'd feel, if they were terminally ill, and suffering immense amounts of pain, and their family refused to take them to a hospital, get medication, and opted to let them die a slow painful death, as the disease took over their body. Ask how they'd feel if their family just locked them in a basement room, when they could have lived out the remaining painful days in relative ease at the hospital, thanks to morphine drips, and other painkillers. When they tell you that they'd hate it, and that it's a sick thing to say and think about, tell them that it's exactly what they're doing to their dog. I think they'll get the hint real quick. Some people, just don't get it when you sugarcoat sh*t.
 madguitarist
Msg: 32 (view)

Posted: 9/5/2007 4:20:57 PM

they will come out of it feeling guilty on some level, even if it's not until later in life.

Forrealz??? imnotsorry.net

*fixed

Make sure you quote the entirety of what I say. Lots may say that now, but they often change their tune, when they actually settle down and have a family, or try to, and find out that they can't because of damage they may have sustained from the abortion.
 madguitarist
Msg: 333 (view)

Hellooooo! New to this.
Posted: 9/5/2007 11:46:58 AM
Hi, I'm a 27 year old guy from Moose Jaw. I'm on here to meet other musicians, as well as other new and interesting people. I work in music, and in animal care, and love to play hockey. I'm a pretty easy goin' dude, so I can get along with almost anyone. Been here for a while, but I don't come on much, and can't remember if I did this yet, so here it is.
 madguitarist
Msg: 44 (view)

Posted: 9/5/2007 11:40:01 AM

madquitarist yup it is a karaoke nite and hey I don't see your name in lites and why is that mmmmm??????

I'm not sure if I can make it yet, because I night have a band in at the bar where I work that weekend. If I end up going, I'll probably be a last minute signup. It'd be nice to hit the C&H again, because I haven't been there in ages, but I'll have to see what my boss has booked. I'm a sound tech., and the only one that they have, so there's nobody to cover me. I'll know by next Wed. what's goin' on. Hope snowtiger makes it out. He's a buddy of mine, and I hardly ever see him these days.
 madguitarist
Msg: 162 (view)

Are you a folder or a crumpler?
Posted: 9/4/2007 10:17:42 PM
I'm a crumpler, and I probably grab around 10-20 sheets to do the job, because nobody likes stink finger, even if it's only until you get to the sink.
 madguitarist
Msg: 6 (view)

Good Places to eat, and good places to take a date
Posted: 9/4/2007 10:04:30 PM
If you find yourself in Moose Jaw for a date, then there are numerous places to go, and things to do.

If you're interested in local history, the Western development Museum(right off of the Main St. Exit from the Trans-Canada), and Sukanen Ship Museums(South of Moose Jaw on Hwy. 2), offer an insight into Saskatchewan's past. The Tunnels of Moose Jaw tour(16 Main St. N), take you back to the early part of the 20th century, and offer a fun look into the Moose Jaw underground. This, coupled with a trolley tour, and photo session at Past Times Photography(20 River St. E), will bring out the inner gangster in you.

If you're into the arts, the trolley ride, also offers a look at the murals of Moose Jaw. Other art venues, include the Yvette Moore Gallery(corner of 1st Ave. NW and Fairford St. W in the old Land Titles building), and the Art Museum(Attached to the library in Crescent Park). The Mae Wilson Theatre(211 Main St. N.), offers concerts, and performing arts shows to entertain, enlighten, and amaze.

Wanna sing? Join my buddy Darcy at the Royal Hotel(59 River St. W) for karaoke on Tuesdays, myself at the Brunswick(Across from the Royal) on Wednesdays, and my pal, Sandman, at Jake's Saloon(next to the Brunswick) on Thursdays. Each show has something different to offer, and all, are a good time waiting to happen.

More of a dancer? Check out The Park Hotel(18 Manitoba St. E.) on weekends, or Champ's Sports Bar (62 Manitoba St. W). The Royal, is another great dance venue, and offers the only LED lightup dance floor in these parts.

Into Live entertainment? Check out Bobby's Place(Next to the bus depot), for great Celtic, and Scottish bands. The Royal offers live entertainment Wednesdays and weekends, and if you come into the Brunswick on a band weekend, you'll likely run into me again(shameless self promotion), doing my thing on the sound board, and offering the best in rock and metal during set breaks.

Hungry? There are no shortage of places for dining. Déja Vu(20 High St. W.), is the ultimate chicken shack. It is Capone themed, and offers 50 different flavors of wings. I have a checklist at home of the flavors I've tried, and I'm not even a quarter of the way through the menu. For great Mediterranean and Italian cuisine, check out the Cordova Bistro in the City Square Mall(340 Main St. N.). The dining is excellent, and the price, is more than reasonable. In the mood for fine dining? Check out Hopkin's Dining Parlor(59 Athabasca St. W). This spacious house, turned dining parlor, is full of history, atmosphere, character, and good eats. They also have a gift shop, where you can purchase some of the delicious homemade sauces that you enjoyed on your meal, and if you plan to come back for the medieval feast, you shant be disappointed. Mountains of food, and great times in costume await you.

Did I mention that all but a couple of these venues, are within walking distance of Casino Moose Jaw, and the Temple Gardens Mineral Spa? Most, are within a 5 block radius of it.

So next time you're bored with , come visit the friendly city of Moose Jaw, and unwind.

Dude! City council, and the businesses mentioned within, should totally pay me for plugging them like that.
 madguitarist
Msg: 134 (view)

THE RED HEAD THREAD......with exceptions
Posted: 9/4/2007 8:12:05 PM
Ginger haired girls rock.
 madguitarist

Expectations Vs Reality
Posted: 9/4/2007 8:00:14 PM
I didn't really join with any expectations of finding true love. I joined to meet people online, that I might actually have a chance to meet and hang out with if we became friends. It's all fine and good to have online friends all over the world, but who the f*ck has time and money to globetrot, and meet them all? Not this guy.
 madguitarist
Msg: 83 (view)

What are your tattoos and the meaning behind them?
Posted: 9/4/2007 7:56:11 PM
At present time, I have only one tattoo. It's a tribal armband, and it's the first piece of a tribal body motif that I am getting to pay homage to my roots. The tribe that my family came from in Sierra Leone, used tattoos to identify status. My plan is to have a modernized version of that on my body to remind me where I came from. Several of my good friends from childhood, are artists, and I'm having them each design a tribal piece to add into it so that I can keep my friends close at all times.
 madguitarist
Msg: 19 (view)

Quick, clever excuses you can tell your kids when they catch you having sex.
Posted: 9/4/2007 7:49:55 PM
Pro wrestling response(works great if your kids love WWF, and you're covered by the blanket mostly.)
Dad's got Mom pinned. You be the ref.
 madguitarist
Msg: 534 (view)

The worst thing about being single is........
Posted: 9/4/2007 7:47:17 PM
Having money burning a hole in your pocket.
 madguitarist

Does a man think a woman is a player if.......
Posted: 9/4/2007 7:46:27 PM
Having a big sexual appetite is fine. If your significant other can't sate it, then ask permission to find someone to help them, but don't find help behind their back, and make sure you don't lead the help on.

Having a good imagination, is not a bad thing by any means. Creativity, can lead to fun.
 madguitarist
Msg: 30 (view)

Getting To Know You Turn Ons or Turn Offs
Posted: 9/4/2007 7:43:10 PM
Turn ons:
Nice eyes(I'm a sucker for big beautiful eyes)
Honesty
Great personality
Musically inclined
Athletic
Tattoos(depending on placement and type)
Piercings are cool, but human pincushions kinda freak me out.
I'm not picky about body type either. Big girls can be sexy too.

Turn offs:
Backstabbing - I have a very low tolerance for people who talk shit about others behind their backs. If you can't say it to their face, then just shut the **** up.
Lying - You don't have to try to impress me, just be yourself. I'm just some random stranger online.
Online toughguys/girls - Trying to be a tough guy online is lame, so don't bother. I had a friend who mouthed off the wrong guy online. The guy turned out to be an HA member, traced his IP, got his address, and messed him up bad. Think about that one next time you mouth people off online.
Anorexia/Bulimia - It's the ultimate disrespect to yourself. If you can't accept yourself for who you are, then how can you expect others to accept you? Get help! There are better, and healthier ways to improve your appearance.
Shallow people - I'm no prize, but if you won't even give me the time of day because of my appearance, then I have no time for you.
 madguitarist
Msg: 41 (view)

Posted: 9/4/2007 7:29:23 PM
Hmmm...karaoke, eh?
 madguitarist
Msg: 4 (view)

Dust mites ewwwwwwwwww
Posted: 9/4/2007 4:36:18 PM

I watching Oprah yesterday and they were talking about dust mites.

No the doctor or scientist whatever he was said that you should wash your sheets in 150 degrees of hot water to kill them or dry them in a dryer that is the same temp.,
now I don't do the whole temputure thing so I figure that is pretty damn hot.

I mean hot water heaters are not made to be set that high and I am pretty sure dryers don't, so does that mean we have dust mites crawling all over us. They go up your nose to, I may never sleep again!

I wash in cold water ( enviroment friendly) but I do use a dryer does anyone know if there is a tempeture gage someone on a dryer to turn it up?

Freaked out In Ontario

Yes, dust mites, are all around us, and on almost everything we have in our homes. However, they are not a cause for alarm. In all likelihood(unless you lived in a completely sterile confined area all your life), you've had dust mites on and around you since you were a baby. Why get paranoid, and freaked out now? It's too late, because if they were a deadly virus, which they aren't, then you're already infected. They eat dead skin, sweat, and dander from your clothes, mattresses, and other surfaces, so they're not going to tear at your flesh, and slowly eat you alive. Just relax.
 madguitarist
Msg: 5 (view)

what reason were you ever refused entry into a bar?
Posted: 9/3/2007 9:42:45 PM
Some would argue that our bar oughta have a dress code(you should see the way some people dress), and that we should refuse entry to people, but we don't think so. I host karaoke, and I have people with Downs Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, and other disabilities, who come down and sing. I wouldn't even dream of kicking them out, in spite of the fact that many of them are tone deaf, simply because, they're there to have fun, and I'm there to help them have fun. It's not my place to judge them, and exclude them from the activities. I wish they'd drink(they usually have water), but at the same time, I understand that they may be on meds that do not allow it, or that their disability may be worsened by it. The worst that I've done, is tell one of them that she can't sing "Amazing Grace" in the bar, and that was for her own good, as several drunks were ready to humiliate her for it, and a few others threatened violence. I told her that it was driving out paying customers, because I didn't want her to be scared away by the threat of violence. It's tough sometimes, and there are days when I wish that they would stop coming so that ignorant and intolerant people who spend money, would come in and drink, but in the end, I become disgusted with myself for even thinking about such a thing. They come faithfully to the show, and give it all they have, and I respect that a lot in people.
 madguitarist
Msg: 14 (view)

The loss of a pet
Posted: 9/3/2007 9:28:52 PM
Many people, view losing a pet, the same as losing a family member. When you truly bond with a pet, it's almost like adopting a child. The nurturing nature in us, takes over, and we are compelled to love the animal. Transversely, the death of the animal, may leave us with the same feelings as the death of our child would, as we've loved and nurtured that animal, and despite our best efforts to keep it safe and healthy, we've somehow failed. For some, it's good to jump right back in, and get a new pet, but others need to mourn longer, and heal themselves before they get a new pet. Insensitivity towards someone mourning the loss of a pet is, in my mind, the same as telling them to suck it up, at a funeral for someone close to them. It's insensitive, and rude. People react differently to different types of loss and failure. The guy who doesn't understand how one can mourn the loss of a pet, might mourn the failure of an invention, or the loss of profit in his stocks, in much the same way. Or they might mourn the loss of someone that they don't know, as was common during the aftermath of 9/11. People in California, with absolutely no ties to anyone involved in the tragedy, wept uncontrollably for them. As did people in Canada, and around the world. Taking that into consideration, the mourning of a pet, is no more foolish than any of those things. Take your time, and grieve. If you like, get a new pet when you feel that you are ready, and tell anyone who ridicules you to f*ck off and die.
 madguitarist

Nostalgia...You don't hear this anymore...
Posted: 9/3/2007 8:59:26 PM
Lots of people up here, still have wells, and use well water. Obviously, purification techniques, have advanced, and many have it pumped from the well to their home now, but you can still find farms in rural Saskatchewan, where they still go out to the well, and draw water by hand for bathing, cleaning, and drinking. I think that it's a beautiful thing, and hope that it is never completely lost.
 madguitarist

web cams...is it possible for someone else to turn on your webcam from their computer?
Posted: 9/3/2007 8:44:44 PM
My webcam has a shutter, and the shutter is also the off switch. Sure, they might be able to access it, but they can't open the shutter on it remotely. I'm not worried about it too much, as I never sit at my computer naked anyways.
 madguitarist
Msg: 8 (view)

skydiving from low orbit?
Posted: 9/3/2007 8:39:46 PM
Yeah, what I'm getting at, is that when you meet that resistance from the denser air, it'd kinda be like a tied up dog in a dead sprint, reaching the end of his rope, only multiplied a bunch of times. I can't imagine that it would do a person much good. I mean, if a person can have their insides ripped apart from a cute opening at a normal altitude, the potential for disaster at that kind of height, is an alarming thought.
 madguitarist
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 9/3/2007 7:58:47 PM

We recently had a friend who was refused admittance into a bar because she was wearing a stylish hat. The club has a no hat policy.

Our friend is fighting ovarian cancer, and has lost her hair to chemotherapy.

What happened to compassion and common sense????

I'm hopeful this club will get shut down due to this owner's ignorance. We sent letters to the owner and the local TV stations and newspaper. Idiot.

Yeah, that's a bullsh*t way to be. I hope those idiots lose their jobs, and that owner loses his bar.

If she's ever in Moose Jaw, tell her to stop by the bar where I work. No dress code. Our rules are simple...

As long as you don't smell like, or have sh*t, p*ss, or puke on you, you're free to come in provided you're of age. We reserve the right to refuse service if you break those rules, and if you act like a fool(breaking stuff, fighting, being rude to staff, harassing the bands), your right to party there, is revoked until you can behave properly(or the next day).

Other than that, drink, drink, and be merry.
 madguitarist

Posted: 9/3/2007 7:41:20 PM
The one time that I was refused entry into a bar, was because one of the bouncers there, thought that I was mad at him, and out to beat him up. He learned later, that the girl he had called a sl*t, and I, had broken up, because she was indeed what he had called her, and that I was not angry with him.

Show ALL Forums