Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: ?
 lil_miss_muppet
Msg: 121 (view)

?
Posted: 4/18/2010 1:46:37 PM
I used to be a chat room host in the old msn chat days and got chatting to an American who i fell for lol. After a year of chatting we decided that he'd never move here due to his business and id never go there due to family ties so to just cool it and be friends. That was almost 7 years ago and we still chat every day. He logs on every morning when he wakes up to say g'morning and then we chat a bit in the early evening. Thats how its been for 7 years. Its odd as i feel i know him really well-yet ive not met him. We've sent the odd card etc. He is without a doubt my best friend and possibly knows me better than anyone. Tis a weird world!
 lil_miss_muppet
Msg: 9 (view)

Life after a loved one dies .. It feels right for both of us
Posted: 4/16/2010 3:07:50 AM
life is too short so i say do what you both feel is right and ignore anyone elses opinions. I have one regret from my past and sadly he died and its too late to turn back the clock..dont do a 'me' and be here in a few years time wishing that you'd followed your heart and not listened to anyone else. If it works out then yay good for you both, if it doesnt? at least you gave it a shot :)
 lil_miss_muppet
Msg: 32 (view)

When should children be taught about death?
Posted: 4/14/2010 10:45:36 PM
At the end of the day, you answered it the best you could at the time.
I remember my little girl asking how her brother was gonna come out of my tummy-i said without thinking-through my belly button..no joke..she freaked out and spent days studying her belly button!

Guess we do our best at the time when faced with these awkward questions..its not like you can say to your children 'hang on a sec let me just look it up in my 1000 awkward answers for childrens awkward questions book' .

xx
 Lil_Miss_muppet
Msg: 11 (view)

When should children be taught about death?
Posted: 4/13/2010 12:23:21 AM
4 is about the age children start asking questions. My cousin lost her life during child birth and left behind a very distraught little 4 year old daughter whose world had previously revolved around mummy. She was told that mummy had joined the angels in heaven and would not be coming back. Her nanny borrowed childrens books from the library that explain death in simple terms and really help children understand. The little girl is now 9 years old and is a happy well balanced little girl which is suprising after all she's been through. Kids are soooo resiliant!

I lost my sister when i was 11 and my brother was 4..no one explained what had happened to my sister and my brother was petrified that one of us would leave and never come back.

So please dont be angry at your mum. i understand your reasoning for telling your daughter that your sister is sleeping, but that last thing you need is your daughter too scared to go to sleep. Honesty really is the best policy and childrens books will help you explain it in ways she can understand.
sorry for your loss
 Lil_Miss_muppet
Msg: 23 (view)

unsolicited advice.... my sister-in-law is driving me insane
Posted: 4/9/2010 10:44:05 PM
Your child-your choice.
Yes 12 is too young..i think everyones agrees with that, but even if she was 16 or even 20+ if YOU dont want your child going then thats that..end of.

My mum spent the first 10 years of my eldest daughters life, telling me what a bad mum i was, how i should do everything her way-even down to the shoes i bought her. Back then, i wasnt strong enough to fight back but eventually i sought councelling and found ways of dealing with her that werent nasty (took years of practice to learn tact lol).
Dont justify your answers-this leaves them room to argue against your reasoning. Just a simple 'no, but thanks anyway' . She'll prob keep pushing it like my mother used to, but just say you dont wish to discuss it anymore..and remember you can always walk away or quietly get ya stuff and leave if she makes it an issue.
xx
 Lil_Miss_muppet
Msg: 41 (view)

Partner or child??
Posted: 4/8/2010 11:28:25 PM
Hi i just want to say that my cousin was sadly one who lost her life during labour due to an undiagnosed hereditary disease. Thankfully, they were able to deliver her little boy via C section, but he has many learning difficulties due to his mother dying before his birth. However, on a plus side (yes as sad as it was theres a plus)..doctors discovered this disease and immediatly tested my cousins older daughter, little boy and other members of her family. Her eldest daughter has been diagnosed with it and will go on to have a happy healthy life thanks to her mother.

In answer to the question? id choose my child to live.
 Lil_Miss_muppet
Msg: 2 (view)

What is your relationship with your child like now they have left the nest?
Posted: 3/27/2010 3:22:42 AM
My daughter is 17 and hasnt left yet, but as we're really really close now i do think we will continue to stay close. Im thankfull that she is an extremely sensible girl with heaps of ambition so i feel pretty safe in the knowledge that when she does 'fly the nest' that she will continue to do well and prob be round everyother day with her washing lol. However how i will be is a different matter lol..been a few hidden tears im sure!
 Lil_Miss_muppet
Msg: 52 (view)

Can you be in love with someone who doesn't like your kid(s)
Posted: 3/27/2010 1:35:41 AM
Aside from the obvious 'kids come first' answer (which i fully agree with), being with ANYONE who resents/dislikes or is jealous of your child can be a dangerous, volatile situation to be in.
I would never ever trust a person who disliked my children..what if my little one kicked off when i was upstairs or in the toilet even, and he lost control due to his utter supressed dislike? (possibly ott but it has potential to happen).
Children pick up on the tiniest of tension, atmosphere..how would my child feel?

I could never truly love a man who felt this way..and if i did think i loved him before i found out? trust me, the love would die the second i knew.
 Lil_Miss_muppet
Msg: 3 (view)

Touch Me
Posted: 3/26/2010 3:42:25 PM
Touch me when I'm sleeping,
Touch me when I wake.
Touch me when I'm feeling sad,
Touch for touching sake.

Hold me when I need you,
Hold me in your sleep.
Hold me tight and don't let go,
Hold me when I weep.

Want me when the times are tough,
Want me when we fight.
Want me when the morning breaks,
Want me late at night.

Love me when I'm smiling,
Love me when I'm blue.
Love me just for loving sake,
Love me as I love you.

I'll respond to the above with a touch so sincere,
I'll hold you when ever I can.
I'll want you in sickness, in good times and bad,
I'll love you because you're my man.

Lil_Miss_muppet

This is my poem
Posted: 3/26/2010 3:35:10 PM
Thank you..yours was fab :)

A caged bird..

suspended in a cage up high
Sitting on a pirch she sighs.
wings feel worn through lack of flight
she sits alone through out the night.
the songs she sing fall on deaf ears, no mate to comfort nor ease her fears.
in the day she flys from pirch to floor
her wings feel weak, her flight is poor.
At night she weeps for the freedom she craves
to spread her wings and escape her cage.

when sleep takes its hold, her dreams come alive,
she's sweeping and soaring through endless blue skies.
her songs echo soflty through the lush fields and trees,
her heart flutters lightly with each gentle breeze.
her mate is awaiting with music so sweet
together they eat, together they sleep.

when sleep lets her go she awakes with a tear
she's back in her prison, there's no one to hear.
her songs onces again are wasted in vain
her wings feeling weaker, her heart filled with pain.
theres nothing to sing for, no reason to fly
alone and suspended from a cage way up high.
 Lil_Miss_muppet
Msg: 1 (view)

The Rose
Posted: 3/26/2010 3:24:40 PM
A tiny seedling buried deep
laying dormant through winter as if fast asleep.
as spring time approaches the seed comes alive
sprouts roots from her heart, her goal to survive.
The stem enters daylight and slowly she's grows
gets taller and bolder till petals she shows.
Her colour is vibrant, her scent fills the air
her beauty is subtle, her presence aware.
Her petals give shelter to all creatures small
when rains drops are falling, still she stands tall.
A breeze rocks her gently and scatters her young
her time is near ending, she wilts in the sun.
Each petal falls soflty one by one
her beauty less vibrant, her job here is done.
Where once she stood bolder, no more does she stay
she's fallen like dust which the wind blows away.
Yet deep in the ground as though fast asleep
is a tiny seedling buried deep.
awaiting the spring time when she'll come alive
a rose shinning beauty, her goal to survive.
 Lil_Miss_muppet
Msg: 188 (view)

First Line, Last Line (Part Deux)
Posted: 3/25/2010 11:37:19 PM
why is enough never enough?
one more kick
one more punch
did you think you were tough?

Me-puppet
you-master
controlling my life
Well no more will you own me
i put down the knife.

I look at the mess of you
slumped in the chair
theres blood on my hands
but i no longer care

i blow you a kiss as i
walk out the door
Your life i have taken
i fear you no more.
 Lil_Miss_muppet
Msg: 184 (view)

First Line, Last Line (Part Deux)
Posted: 3/25/2010 7:28:51 AM
reeling we mingle - hearts all aglow
Our passion now heightened
our Juices now flow
two hearts in a tangle
two pulses on fire
our bodies now aching with burning desire

Now spent as we lay in a heap on the floor
you gather your clothes as i point to the door
I smile so smugly
your job you did well
you'll be back for me later
your under my spell
 Lil_Miss_muppet
Msg: 8 (view)

All about me (Why i write)
Posted: 3/25/2010 5:43:09 AM
Only you can make you happy, others will come and go,
No one is responsible for healing all your woe.
Depression is an illness like a head ache or broken limb,
Its simply needs the treatment- you can sink with it or swim.

Im sorry that your hurting and i know at times it sucks,
But there are people that can stop your pain and turn your downs into more ups.
Life is never easy, this i know too well..
But you can achieve true happiness and learn not to dwell.

When you find that peace within yourself, more others will you attract,
Positive thoughts bring positive people, that my friend is fact.
Pm me if you need a friend, or need just a simple talk,
I was once where you are now and walked where you now walk.

Take care

Lil_Miss_muppet

All about me
Posted: 3/25/2010 4:39:25 AM
What ifs are just silly, needless, a waste..
Life is too short for those thoughts to chase.
We each chose a path which was right at the time,
We cant see the future, which to me is just fine!

We cant change the past, nor start over again,
But we can change our present and heal broken chains.
We can build steps for a future thats filled with less woe,
But 'what ifs' are just silly, and there ones to let go.

So here's to some good times, more laughter and cheer,
To love and good friendships-to not live in fear.
What ifs/if only/i wonder/i wish..
Are really not needed on plenty of fish :)

Lil_Miss_muppet

At what age should a child start using a sippy cup?
Posted: 3/24/2010 2:13:19 PM
Im a mother of 5 and started 4 of mine on 'beakers when they were about 9 months-BIG mistake! not one of them liked them for ages lol. This time round, as soon as my baby started eating solids, i bought a beaker and gave him a little water in it after each meal..we havnt looked back-he's now 10 months and is in love with his cup and does it himself :)
 Lil_Miss_Muppet
Msg: 12 (view)

How do you cope after you almost lose your child?
Posted: 2/18/2010 2:54:15 PM
You lost your husband to death, having had such a heart wrenching experience before..PLUS being a mum and being terrified of losing your child..its no wonder that your in a state of shock.
I came close to losing one of my children during child birth and went into shock after his birth..i cried for weeks..it would simply hit me at times. Not quite the same..but shock does that to you.
You go easy on yourself..
however hon, your times for crying and getting upset MUST be when your kids are asleep or away from you-its so much easier said than done, but your upset will hugely inflict on them and make them feel unsafe and insecure. Be positive around them..keep reminding them that your all ok-in the midst of a crisis your survived it and your son is ok.
Read other peoples similar experiences and talk to your friends and family about what happened and what scares you as much as possible.
You'll be fine..your son is fine and IF it happenes again your prepared.
((((hugz)))) xx

rossjackson1985, that coment was not needed. It goes without saying that she's happy her son is alive..but having already lost a husband and being so close to losing a child-her feelings are perfectly understandable. A little compassion goes along way.
 Lil_Miss_Muppet
Msg: 405 (view)

What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??
Posted: 2/17/2010 12:59:07 PM
It happened to me.
I ended the relationship, he was dead just over a week later-had hung himself. I cannot begin to explain the huge guilt i felt..(and maybe still feel a little bit) all these years later. It wasnt just down to the relationship ending..there were a few key factors that led him to believe it would be better all round of he wasnt here anymore..me ending it just seemed to be the icing on the cake.
Do i think its selfish? no..he needed help and i didnt see that, he was depressed.

Nearly every other day i still ponder the what ifs. I think of his family..father and friend that found him, his mother, friends, son.
He took his life and i truly believe he felt he was doing everyone a favour..maybe he was also tired of struggling.
In doing so he left a trail of broken hearts.
 Lil_Miss_Muppet
Msg: 108 (view)

birthing stories!!!
Posted: 2/16/2010 11:06:04 PM
Baby 1) 2 weeks over, started slow contactions, went into hosp, pain got so bad i screamed hysterically how i wanted to die (poor woman in labour suit next door yelled shut up back at me as i was scaring her)..finally got pethidine/gas & air and epidural-first epidural didnt work and i had excrutiating pain in my hips..got given a top up which finally stopped pain. By this time midwife was visibly angry with me-saying that i was being 'silly' by screaming so much. Took two hours to push her out as shoulders were stuck. 19 hours later i gave birth to an 11lb baby girl..midwife shut up quick when she saw the size.

Baby 2) got induced 8 days over via the drip (forget its name)..pain worst ive ever felt..unfortunatly with the drip they need to continuously monitor you..so was unable to move. Had gas & air but thankfully he was on his way when i screamed epidural, and he was just getting distressed when i managed to squeeze the lil monkey out. 9lb 12. Lost a lot of blood, very anaemic but once you hold that baby in your arms..nothing else matters other than them.

Baby 3) waters broken for me 9 days over, squelched my way around the hospital and carpark from 9;30am untill 7pm (very odd looks)..took to labour suite to try to hurry things..hardly any pain so i thought sod this-layed in bed silently giving little pushes hoping it would get something going..needed wee so got to bathroom then 'oops' she literally fell out..was the BEST labour in the world..had a cuppa tea, watched tv then went home lol. 9lb 8

Baby 4) They left me 16 days over and i KNEW he was big, but no one listened which still makes me angry as your the one who knows if anyone does! Had two sweeps during that time.
Went into hosp and they broke my waters at 12pm. A student midwife broke them and the second she did, she realised that the babies cord had prolapsed (which means the pressure of the waters gushing had pulled the cord down with them, meaning one movement from baby could have cut off his blood/oxygen supply and killed him)..within minutes i was in theatre with student m/w hand still inside me applying pressure, and a few mins later my lil boy was safely here. I went into complete shock and shook for hours, cried for weeks lol. He weighed 11lb 11oz.. i owe his life to that student midwife :) xx

Baby 5), this time i was scared so asked for an elective C. He was delivered at 39 weeks weighing a diddy 7lb 15.5...the only hitch was me feeling them stitch me up and having a slight reaction to the morphine.
 Lil_Miss_Muppet
Msg: 50 (view)

panic/anxiety attacks..
Posted: 2/16/2010 4:55:15 AM
LOL i started this post under my old name..didnt realise how long ago it was!!
My how things have changed lol.

Ive learnt to control the panic..excersise is good for anxiety, the controlled breathing is an instant remedy..A)because it stops you from hyperventilating, B)you concentrate so hard on the breathing that you forget the panic.

In answer to my own question..yes i would date anyone who has suffered any anxiety/ocd illness. I suppose i would even feel better with someone who had experienced these things, as they would understand how i feel/have felt.

These days mental health issues are becomming more and more common-often caused by stress, and its also passed down to our children..in my family there is alot of depression and my doctor recently told me that its hereditary.
My daughter started early signs of anxiety at aged 14 and thankfully i noticed and managed to stop it before it took a hold on her. She's now 17 and has the odd wobble but never lets it control her life or hold her back.
 Lil_Miss_Muppet

When to play with my baby?
Posted: 2/16/2010 4:34:07 AM
In answer to the bumbo seat question, yes they are very sturdy :) My son was born a non stop mover and the bumbo was my best ever buy out of all my 17 years of mother hood. He only used it from 5-8 months as he got too big for it, so we moved on to being surrounded by cushions. The bumbo also supported and strengthened his back.

Also, with my youngest i also have times of being unsure of whether im doing the right thing..we want so much to do things right and be the 'perfect' mother..but in reality im afraid there is no such thing. We do our best with what we have. The best parents are those who arent afraid to ask for advice.
 Lil_Miss_Muppet
Msg: 16 (view)

How to talk to baby?
Posted: 2/14/2010 1:01:31 PM
I remember my ex husband had the talking baby talk issue with our daughter lol..he said he felt like an complete idiot..so in the end he started talking politics to her (yes enough to bore the pants of an adult) and she LOVED it and would gurgle back as if she knew what he meant lol..my baby boy has to listen to me talking totally crap all day lol but he loved my voice..even if im moaning he seems to enjoy it. So talk about anything!! just dont swear..guarenteed it'l be the first word your child says lol xx
 Lil_Miss_Muppet
Msg: 6 (view)

When to play with my baby?
Posted: 2/14/2010 12:55:46 PM
Hi hon, ive got a 9 month old..after 4pm he's usually in a tired, ratty mood which seems to be the perfect time to play with him ie singing songs, clapping hands, making him laugh etc. In the mornings he's usually really happy and lively so i tend to sit him on his own (as he can now) or in a bumbo seat surrounded by his fav toys. My son also has an activity centre which he can stand or sit in with lots of built in musical things he can watch or activate himself..also a door bouncer is a wonderful and fun idea for your little ones age.

As she is still quite young, there are things she may be unable to do as of yet..so give her things that she can easily hold and chew on. I put my music on and dance around him or with him in my arms..at first he'd look at me like id just stepped off planet mars-now he joins in and gets really excited lol.

Babies of your little ones age are awkward, as they cant do much for themselves yet and get so easily bored! Does she have a soft play mat that you can lay on her for nappy free time? It will give her a chance to learn how to use her body, and she can start to roll about.

She's still very young so dont worry if she looks at you with a confused look lol xx
 Lil_Miss_Muppet

How to put my 7 month to bed?
Posted: 2/13/2010 12:07:18 AM
My baby boy is 9 months old and has always loved being put down in his cot..well DID love his cot till he was poorly. Sadly for him, my baby boy has suffered greatly with his teeth and teething has brought on chest infections, he had swine flu, sickness bug..you name it. This obviously meant the wee mite would wake in pain during the early hours and found it hard to settle back-thus we would start the day at 3 am. Since his illness's, he has now got into the habbit of waking and not wanting to go back so ive had to be a bit tougher (now he's well enough). For one night only, i did let him cry. He went to bed perfectly but was awake within one hour, crying. I picked him up, held him till he was calm, then put him back in the cot (to which he instantly cried in temper), i walked away..left him for less than 5 mins then repeated the picking up procedure. After 30 mins of doing this every 5 mins, my little boy was fast asleep and had a good night.

Babies need reassurance but also need sleep and sometimes a little tough love is needed-providing the baby is well.

I bath my son every night, take him into a dimly lit room then quietly dry and dress him with minimal noise and fuss. I then give him his milk and put him in his cot..he's awake but sleepy when he is layed down and asleep pretty much within minutes. Also make sure the cot is not too stimulated. At night he only has one teddy in his cot which he has had there since birth..nothing over hanging, etc. He has one long sleep before 12pm and sometimes a 30 min nap before 2pm. Bed time is always 7pm.
I did find with my other that if they had a nap after 2-3pm, they wouldnt be so tired at bedtime.
If she's laying there happy and chatty at night? then thats not so bad! If she's getting herself off to sleep after a good old gurgle then thats fab!! i found with my others that them being asleep already when i put them in the cot was a huge mistake as they would wake up hysterical wondering where i was.

Sorry for the ramble lol im no expert..its taken me 5 children to finally get right lol and even now i still make mistakes :) trial and error..every baby is different xx
 Lil_Miss_Muppet
Msg: 14 (view)

Whats In A Name?
Posted: 1/27/2010 1:17:36 AM
My first was going to be Luke as i was told i was having a boy..when baby was born we figured Alice Rose was better considering they'd got it wrong lol..
2nd was Thomas..mum chose his name.
3rd Olivia..hubby wouldnt allow me to have Florence lol so we both chose Olivia.
4th was a born a whopping 11lb 11oz so i wanted something to suit his size..i chose Max.
My last child i wanted something unusual but cute at the same time...the children and I decided on Teddy Hugh. He gets called everything from Teddy pooh, to little Ted, Big Ted, Teddy bear..Teddy Bare lol you name it. People i tell his name to either love it or hate it.
 Lil_Miss_Muppet
Msg: 127 (view)

visible tattoos, opinions?
Posted: 1/9/2010 2:01:39 PM
I have 4 tattoo's and i love each one. I have one on my chest, two on either upper arm and one on lower arm. When wearing T shirts 3 are visable. I dont see the point in having a tattoo somewhere i cant see it as i love looking at them. They are not huge, nor distasteful. Having tattoo's does not mean im a rebel, bad worker, mean b1tch etc etc..no one should judge a person simply because they have tattoo's. If i had the guts id have more..hopefully my courage will come back and i will lol..anyone whose had a tattoo will tell you how addictive it is and what a buzz you get out of it. I'll still be showing them off with pride when im a wrinkly old granny
 Lil_Miss_muppet
Msg: 15 (view)

School closures
Posted: 1/8/2010 1:17:39 AM
we're in worthing which hasnt been as badly hit as some places, yet every single school here is closed and has been since wed! It really annoys me as the trains are still running so its not like my eldest cant get to college.
I find it horrendous how the uk stops dead when snow hits..ok wednesday was a shock but surely schools should be open by now? I dont hold out much hope for schools being open monday either..
 Lil_Miss_muppet
Msg: 5 (view)

Driving and walking on the ice
Posted: 1/8/2010 1:14:23 AM
On a plus side? my 11 year old has been out almost all day everyday since the snow started..on a down side? its scary to walk on! im 6ft and if i fall i have a long way to go down lol. Thankfully my lil boy is still in a buggy so i can hold on to that and slide my way to the shops..im not relishing the idea of going out though..
 Lil_Miss_muppet

Panic buying....Should limits be set on what shoppers can buy?
Posted: 1/6/2010 8:26:08 AM
Im assuming the majority of panic shoppers are the elderly..if this is the case then i dont blame them as they are the vunerable and when it snows they are often stuck in untill it ALL dissapears. Shops should be more prepared to get more basic stock (bread milk) in when they know snows on the way..people wont change and no i dont think there should be a limit as the elderly/dissabled etc are totally within their rights to buy extra.

Im totally stupid..or perhaps ever the optimist? but i didnt panic buy food (just got usual in)..i did get extra gas on the card though lol. So this morning i found myself trudging through the snow with my 4 younger kids and pulling the snow clogged buggy backwards (to all the passerbys amusement)..all this because i forgot the flippin dog food lol
 Lil_Miss_muppet
Msg: 26 (view)

working kids paying board...
Posted: 1/6/2010 8:14:19 AM
My daughter is 16, if she worked full time i would prob ask for a tiny bit to pay towards her keep..im not sure if 16's too young though-maybe id wait untill she's 18. As it is she is at college and only works part time so i wont take a penny off her.
 Lil_Miss_muppet
Msg: 14 (view)

Snow and pets
Posted: 1/6/2010 8:09:35 AM
Benji my Jack-a-poo pup loves the snow and is refusing to come in from the garden. James the cat however is totally pissed off and sulking on the sofa..
 Lil_Miss_muppet
Msg: 13 (view)

Is this ever ok, disciplining a child under 2 with hitting?
Posted: 1/5/2010 12:27:01 PM
I think hitting a child is wrong under any circumstances. So no, i dont think its ok. I think parents/carers do it because they lose/lack control or/and are too lazy to try anything else.
 Lil_Miss_muppet

Little People and Loss
Posted: 1/5/2010 12:16:03 PM
Hi, im very sorry for your loss xx

Im sure your little one can sense something has happened, as although too young for any real explanations, she will pick up on the emotions of people around her-mainly on your emotions and behavior. Thankfully for her, she is young enough not to suffer too greatly and as many have said, she will soon forget. Try maybe keeping it really simple and when she sits where your Grandfather sat or tries to look for him..just tell her he's now a star in the sky? Thankfully children her age are incapable of feeling our immense sense of loss and although confused to wear Grandfather is, she's more likely to be upset by your sadness if anything.
I lost my big sister aged 11 years old and that affected me greatly, had it happened when i was just a toddler-it prob wouldnt have effected me half as much. Also when my little girl was 3 years old, i lost my fiance to a horrific death-i cried every night and could barely eat..my little girl must have noticed my sadness..and yet now she's 16 and doesnt remember a thing :)
Your daughter will be fine sweetheart.
My thoughts are with you
 Lil_Miss_muppet

Street Begging
Posted: 1/4/2010 1:50:01 PM
If ive got it? i'll give it.

Not everyone living on the street is a drug or alcohol abuser. Even if they are? Id still help them. Booze and drugs might be the only friends and comfort they have. People shouldnt be so quick to judge.
 Lil_Miss_muppet
Msg: 4 (view)

What can I do?
Posted: 1/3/2010 9:09:43 AM
Hi, my lil boy is almost 8 months and has already had swine flu and a chest infection where the poor mite was coughing terribly. My son was also worse when lying down so i put a pillow or blankets UNDER his mattress to lift his head up a little while sleeping, as when lying flat, coughs are far worse. I also gave him infant paracetamol every 4-6 hours and childrens vapour drops that you can put on a tissue out of his reach at night. Here in the UK, doctors dont perscribe anything unless the cough is on the chest. My son also slept in the buggy when he had swine flu as it was easier to keep him elavated when he was chesty. 6-18 months is a 'germy' time when babies generally pick up any bugs going..my son was fine till he hit 6 months, now it seems he's got some bug or another every other week..also teething lowers their defences making them more susceptible to coughs, colds etc.
Hope he feels better soon xx
 Lil_Miss_muppet
Msg: 19 (view)

Doctor Who - The End of Time (Christmas Day Special)
Posted: 1/1/2010 12:37:27 PM
OMG it was bliss..my kids didnt move!

I did chuckle when the new doctor checked to see if he was ginger..
 Lil_Miss_muppet
Msg: 31 (view)

As a mother of 6, am I ever going to find a date?
Posted: 1/1/2010 1:09:04 AM
"Your most likely not going to find anyone"

thistime05, with an attitude like yours..i seriously doubt your chances also..

No, the answer is never ever to go back to an ex because no one else will take you LOL as thats BS..the answer is to be proud of yourself, hold your head up high and be proud of your children-all 6! Like ive said before..i have 5 children living with me and if i never find a date because of that? then their loss. My children are WAYYYYYY more important than finding a date!
 Lil_Miss_muppet

Should A Parent Be Financially Punished For Denying The (Ex) Access To Their Child(ren)?
Posted: 12/28/2009 1:30:00 PM
No, not financial as the child/ren may suffer as a result but yes, something should be done to stop the main carer of the child picking and choosing when and if the other parent can see the child. In alot of cases there is good cause and the main carer has to make the decision to stop contact- but ONLY if its the the childs best interests.

I get sick to death of the amount of women out there stopping the kids seeing the dads simply because they 'dont like them'..its not a reason and apart from being immature and selfish, its potentially screwing the child up for life.
I dont know what the answer is, but a costly penalty is not it.

Good luck hon, hope you see her soon..
 Lil_Miss_muppet

How does everyone else stay strong and stay away?
Posted: 12/28/2009 1:09:51 AM
I found it incredibly hard also, i missed him immensely..however he was no good for my kids, and our relationship put them through hell-there was no chance in hell i could ever take him back even if i wanted him back as they HAD to come first.
So thats what got me through and kept me strong..my kids deserve better and im well over him now..

Everytime you miss him and you get that aching feeling..think about the children.
 Lil_Miss_Muppet
Msg: 7 (view)

Snowball throwing - harmless pranks?
Posted: 12/22/2009 12:22:48 PM
I looked out ofmy bedroom window just in time to see my son and a couple of friends of his, throwing snowballs at passing cars. I flew down the stairs faster than my lil legs can carry me and screamed at my son to get in..then i yelled at the other little sh1ts. Apart from the obvious, the roads were very icy and it was at a bend..they could have caused a severe accident. My son is banned from playing out the front now.

Yeah throw them at ya mates..cars/trains/peoples property/strangers etc a BIG no no.
 Lil_Miss_muppet
Msg: 20 (view)

social dossers
Posted: 12/21/2009 6:25:45 AM
Im a 'social dosser'..
Im a single parent of 5 children-my youngest is 7 months old. I plan on going back to work early in the new year. Im seeing someone after xmas to discuss the child care options.
I've also suffered depression and panic attacks-which yes, have made it hard for me to work as there have been times when just leaving the house has got me in a panic.
Not all single parents choose not to work so they can sit around and do nothing all day..people dont work for all types of reasons, not everyone is a lazy bum.
 Lil_Miss_muppet
Msg: 25 (view)

Brittany Murphy dies aged 32
Posted: 12/20/2009 11:50:50 PM
I didnt know her as an actress well, but its sad and its made my daughter sad as she loved her films.

Reports are now saying that they are sure no drugs were related, she died of natural causes. What a shock to her friends and family.

RIP xx
 Lil_Miss_muppet
Msg: 25 (view)

Breast feeding..........In a pub?
Posted: 12/20/2009 11:38:42 AM
Ok maybe the cow thing was a stupid argument lol but i honestly dont see why a woman should breast feed discreetly unless of course she wants to. Breast feeding is natural, thats what breasts are for. There is nothing sordid or rude about it, its simply a baby feeding from its mother-the most natural thing in the world. If someone feels uncomfortable about it, then dont look.
 Lil_Miss_muppet

how can a child be taken from a police station?
Posted: 12/20/2009 10:52:23 AM
Ive just heard the childs been found safe and well..
 Lil_Miss_muppet
Msg: 16 (view)

Breast feeding..........In a pub?
Posted: 12/20/2009 10:47:53 AM
Breast feeding is perfectly natural and i see NO reason why a woman should be discreet.

You dont see a cow feed its young discreetly, or a cat/pig etc, or do you also have a problem with them also?

OP, i think you need to get out more hon..
 Lil_Miss_muppet
Msg: 7 (view)

Overwhelmingly Inviting.
Posted: 12/20/2009 2:43:07 AM
Oh god life these days can be crap at the best of times..

we have the recession,
swine flu,
Michael Jackson is dead...and, AND to top it all bloody off..
The worlds gonna end in 2012!

Grab any happiness that comes your way with both hands and enjoy.
 Lil_Miss_muppet
Msg: 40 (view)

Grey Hair: Distinguished, or EX-tinguished?
Posted: 12/19/2009 10:37:23 AM
I have 3 grey hairs..im 35 and gutted lol.

Grey on a man i really dont have a problem with, its men that dye their hair that scares me off lol.
 Lil_Miss_muppet

Can too many pictures damage my baby's eyes?
Posted: 12/19/2009 10:20:21 AM
hiya my son is 7 months old and ive taken hundreds..as long as your not right in his face theres not a problem. Ive always taken pics of my kids with a flash and not one of my childrens eyes have been effected xx
 Lil_Miss_muppet

Swine Flu Injection Whilst Pregnant...Yes Or No??
Posted: 12/19/2009 7:10:04 AM
Could she not do both? I have and will continue to do so because as much wonderful helpful advice as there is on the nhs website, nothing actually beats peoples actuall experiences.
 Lil_Miss_muppet

Swine Flu Injection Whilst Pregnant...Yes Or No??
Posted: 12/19/2009 6:31:49 AM
I dont think i would unless i had any health issues-but thats just my opinion. Ive been offered the vaccination to my 5 yr old and not sure i want him to have it..he's had swine flu as did my baby when he was 6 months old..and although nasty-we got through it.
Look into more, speak to your midwife and GP and ask any pregnant women you might know. Knowledge is power xx

Show ALL Forums