Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Would you contact someone with 0 roses
 GardenAngel4U
Msg: 43 (view)

Would you contact someone with 0 roses
Posted: 10/28/2007 8:53:00 PM
I will admit I looked at a profile just today. I was really interested but when I saw he had only one rose I right away had doubts and assumed he must already be interested in someone else. So I backed off from the thought of actually messaging him. I know I should just message him anyway as it is the only way to find out for sure.

GardenAngel4U
Msg: 18 (view)

'does not want children'
Posted: 10/28/2007 8:34:05 PM
For me this means I do not want to give birth to any children of my own. I do state in my profile that I would welcome and accept a man who has kids from a previous relationship. That way there is no confuision as to what "does not want children " means for me.

GardenAngel4U
Msg: 9 (view)

Books on Wicca
Posted: 7/16/2007 2:14:32 PM
I would recommend "Witch Crafting" by Phyllis Curott. She is one of my fav. Wiccan authors. Im currently re - reading this book.

'Green Witchcraft' by Ann Moura is another good one to start with.

GardenAngel4U
Msg: 40 (view)

Smokers and Non-Smokers
Posted: 7/16/2007 12:46:26 PM
I have dated smokers and non smokers. I usually look for that in profiles I veiw. It doesnt make that much of a difference. I have other friends that smoke and my dad smoked for years before he passed away.

And Im sure the smokers are well aware that smoking is not that good for them. So I dont bother to preach to them about that. It is a choice they make and I try to respect that as best I can.

The nicest guy I met off of here is a smoker
 GardenAngel4U
Msg: 23 (view)

Getting To Know You Turn Ons or Turn Offs
Posted: 7/16/2007 12:36:36 PM

- Someone who uses a petname with me before a friendship, let alone a more intimate relationship, has been established (including things like: babe, hon, sweetcheeks, etc.);

Oh yea, that is turn off for me too!

Im finding if someone comes on too strong and wants to get too serious too soon that is turn off for me too. Usually puts my guard up.

Excessive body pierceings!! A single eyebrow ring is ok, but when the whole face if full of extra holes....it is just not attractive.

GardenAngel4U
Msg: 46 (view)

Solitary Witches
Posted: 3/17/2007 4:12:47 PM

How does one practice becoming a witch when there is no coven in the area, no other Pagans? Can one adapt the rituals to solitary use...(like calling the quarters & circles casting)?

It is not easy sometimes but it can be done! I started studying Wicca/Paganism in 1998. I have been solitary the whole time. When I started I wasnt even aware that there were other pagans in my city. I thought I was the only one. I wasnt even hooked up to the internet then either. What I did have was a really good metephysical book store, and the woman who runs it is really wonderfull and understanding.

Some one mentioned Scott Cunningham. His were the first books I purchased. 'Living Wicca'. Another one you might want to read is 'Witchcrafting' by Phyllis Curott. Itis also designed for the solitary practioner.

Just about all the books out there will tell you to follow your intution. Do what feels right FOR YOU. You can read about casting a circle all you want but the only way to learn is to actually do it. That is the way I learned.

I would be happy to chat with you about it on msn.
Cheers!
 GardenAngel4U
Msg: 29 (view)

What is it about Wiccans?
Posted: 3/17/2007 3:42:25 PM

claim to be polyamourous/bisexual/gothic/BDSM/LARP/Trekkie/SCA..

I am pagan with a Wicca-based spiritual path. I am solitary, meaning I dont belong to a coven. I have no interest in any ofthe things metioned above. I dont have any tattoos and have no intention to ever get one. My jewerly is modest. Often I dont wear jewerly at all. I dont advertise my beliefs. My spiritual path is just that mine.

It is true there are some "fuffy bunny" Wiccans/Pagans out there. But all spiritual paths/ religions have them in one form or another. lol Most of the people I know who are truly serious about their paths dont advertise it . There will always be people out there who are just into it for the attention it gets them, the shock value in some cases. People like that will eventually move on to something else when being Wiccan not longer gets them the attention they crave. It is sad in a way and often gives the wrong impression of others who are serious about their Wiccan/Pagan path.

cheers!
 GardenAngel4U
Msg: 18 (view)

Favourite Season
Posted: 3/13/2007 11:20:56 AM
I would have to say Autumn is my Favorite. I love the colours of that seaon. I was also born at that time of year so that might have something to do with it to. Pum[kins Pumkins Pumpkins!!! Spring and summer run a very close second.

I celebrate all the seasons though. They each have a purpose and give way to the next when the time is right. They all have good and not so good things about them. Winters are very cold, but what better way to spend a cold winter night than cuddling up with someone special.
 GardenAngel4U
Msg: 2 (view)

Love, what does it mean to you?
Posted: 2/19/2007 11:03:19 AM
Love can take many forms. They can change as we change as human beings. Friendship love is the most transient. It can fade quickly as people move away, loose touch and as new people come into our lives.

Family/parental love is the kind that can sometimes smother you to death and never let you go to live your own life. It can make you feel as though your hands and feet were bound. It can also be wonderfully supportive but I guess it depends on the family. ( my family has never been very supportive of anything Iv wanted to do, especially my mother)

True love is the kind of love that can carry you through anything. Itmakes you feel so totally connected to someome. As if you have known them your whole life, and in past lives too.
It can be slow in coming, taking it's sweet time. True love can be the hardest one to find. We can search our whole lives for it and never find it. Or perhaps you have found your true love but that person dose not feel the same. but then in that case is it true love??

All I know is that love in whatever form was ment to be given away, as it has an endless source.
 GardenAngel4U
Msg: 241 (view)

Why Don't SASK women post???????????
Posted: 2/18/2007 10:03:01 AM
I post sometimes. Though not as often as others. Depends on the topics. Some subjects I just dont have an opinion on.

Still single and looking...
 GardenAngel4U
Msg: 78 (view)

What do you REALLY want for Valentines Day?
Posted: 2/8/2007 10:19:39 AM
All I really want for Valentines is some companionship, to be with someone special. Which always seems to be too much to ask for as I always end up being alone
 GardenAngel4U
Msg: 14 (view)

your ideal holiday
Posted: 1/30/2007 5:58:28 PM
Right now I would love to plan a two week camping trip through the mountains. It would be so very nice. I would love to stop at some of the wineries.

My ultimate holiday if I had all the time and money would be a extended vacation in Britain. Northern Ireland ( I have relatives there) England and Wales. I would really love to see all the ancient sites, stone circles etc. As well as do a garden tour and a ghost tour too if they have them.

I spent two weeks in Ottawa over Christmas and New Year's. It felt sooooo good to get away. It had be many many years since I had a real vacation, and I felt fantasic when I got home!
 GardenAngel4U
Msg: 43 (view)

Do you have a totem animal, guardian angel, or spirit guide?
Posted: 1/28/2007 2:41:55 PM
I have two animal guides that I am aware of. A cobra snake and a mallard duck. Afraid I havent worked with them much. I have 3 human spirit guides that I am aware of. Two female and one male.

Is an animal guide and a totem animal the same thing???
 GardenAngel4U
Msg: 16 (view)

Wiccans and dating...
Posted: 1/28/2007 2:35:09 PM
My path is Wicca based but I dont call my self Wiccan. Im too eclectic for that. I dont really advertise my beliefs but I dont hide them either. I do have Wicca, and Paganism listed in my profile. If it has casued someone not to contact me,I do not know. I have no problem dating some who is non-pagan. Not too many single pagans were I live so I dont have much of a choice! lol
As long as they are open-minded about spiritual stuff it is ok. I have that in my profile too. Most of the time spirituallity dosent seem to come up in conversation but if a relationship progresses far enough it eventually will. Sometimes it is better to be up front about it. I did that once. Asked a guy on our first coffee date how he felt about dating a Witch. He nearly fell of his chair! lol We have become very close friends since then but are not really dating. He says he is not ready for anything serious. oh well....
 GardenAngel4U
Msg: 8 (view)

creepy? desperate?
Posted: 1/28/2007 9:25:56 AM
People set restrictions on their profiles for a reason. If that person doesnt like it well then too bad. We all have preferences as to who we would like to meet. I think this person cant take the hint that there may be people out there that are just not interested in him/her.

If I have noticed that someone has added me to his favorites list I usually take the time to read his profile. If I like what I read I may contact him.
 GardenAngel4U
Msg: 17 (view)

what's your recipe for good Fishies Bait??
Posted: 1/27/2007 9:06:40 AM
Having one or more common interests or hobbies really helps. Gives you something to talk about. "Bait" isnt usually the problem I find. It is keeping them hooked that is the challenge.... for me it is anyway. LOL
 GardenAngel4U
Msg: 13 (view)

Whos veiwed your profile???
Posted: 1/25/2007 8:58:05 AM
It is an interesting thing to be able to do. I just finished taking a peek at who has viewed my profile. I noticed that half did not have a pic. Quite a few had very little info about themselves in their profiles.(One had no info at all , but did have a pic) And the ones that did, had nothing that would make me want to contact them. None of them had any common interests with me. So none of these fellas I would likely contact. Iv often wished I could see who has veiwed my profile but now that I can it was a bit of a disappointment. LOL

Being able to see who has viewed you has more entertainment value than anything else
 GardenAngel4U
Msg: 4 (view)

Just wondering?
Posted: 1/22/2007 7:22:47 PM

However, when you're shy, you still tend to only hang out with the people you know best. If you don't know anyone well enough, or cannot find someone with whom you feel comfortable, it is a very awkward position to find yourself in.

Now this discribes me. Im a rather quiet person and find it difficult to mingle with people I dont know. I have been to one meet and greet and it was ok. But I brought two friends along with me so I would at least have someone to sit with. Im not into bars. I find them too loud to have a converstation with someone, and Im not really fond of pool either. But Im not about to ask for a change in venu just because I dont like the place where the meet and greets are held. Other people have fun at the Broken Cue so I dont see why it should change. It is impossible to find a place that will please everyone.

I likely would attend more meet and greets if I had someone to go with or if I knew that someone I alreadly know would be there.
 GardenAngel4U
Msg: 16 (view)

The new 'roses' idea....
Posted: 1/22/2007 7:06:16 PM
It is a very cool idea. A great way to let someone special know you are interested in him/her. And to kick off the Valentine season. lol I will keep mine only for those who are really special. It may be an easier way to break the ice with someone too, if you dont know what to put in a first contact message.

There is one whom I would like to send one to, but not sure how he would take it, not sure how interested he is in a relationship.
 GardenAngel4U
Msg: 11 (view)

How Do You Make Them Understand Just Friends?
Posted: 1/16/2007 7:15:10 PM
We have all encountered people like that I think. Just this past week I had a guy message me. It was as if he didnt understand the idea of taking thinks slow, starting as friends and seeing if we actually are compatable. It was all or nothing with this guy. The first time we chatted online last week he was already talking about us moving in together!! Whoa!! back up a minute there !!! And then when I told him not to show up at my place of work with coffee he took offense to that and took it as a sign that I wasnt interested in him at all. I kept telling him we need to take things slow and see what happens. Guess that just wasnt good enough for him!. lol

I do have long term in my profile and I dont usually contact anyone unless they have the same in theirs.
 GardenAngel4U
Msg: 4 (view)

what are you doing this summer
Posted: 1/14/2007 11:17:15 AM
Im planning to go to a summer solstice celebration weekend in June. Other than that I dont have anything planned. Working in my garden I suppose. I would love to do a camping trip through the mountians but I never seem to have the money or anyone to go with.

GardenAngel4U
Msg: 25 (view)

who do you want to meet?
Posted: 1/10/2007 10:31:16 AM
Would be nice to meet someone who at least shares some of my interests. Actually I have meet someone like that (not on here though) but he is not interested in a relationship. There are one or two people on my favs list that I just havent gotten brave enough to message. I know nothing ventured nothing gained. I guess most of the time I havent a clue what to say in a "first contact" message. And then there is the whole rejection thing too, which I should have gotten use to by now.

I know, I know all just excuses. Im trying to be more proactive but it is not as easy as it sounds. lol
 GardenAngel4U
Msg: 34 (view)

What would you say to your first sexual partner right now if you saw them on the street?
Posted: 12/15/2006 5:31:59 PM
I love you. keep me in mind if you change your mind.

I still talk to him every once in a while. he is my ideal man in every way not just sexual. just too bad he is not interested in a relationship.
 GardenAngel4U
Msg: 10 (view)

Profanity in conversation..whats your thought?
Posted: 11/20/2006 12:55:35 PM
I agree with you too. Excessive use of profanity is a definit turn off for me. I am not impressed with some one who opens their mouth and nothing but the "F" word comes out. My first impression of someone like that is that, he/she is not very well educated, does not have a very big vocabulary. That may not be true and I know I should meet and talk to them before making any kind of judgement. but I certainly dont want to hang around with someone who uses profanity like that let alone introduce them to my friends and family.

Im no saint but I usually reserve the colourful language for when I stub my toe or something.

GardenAngel4U
Msg: 12 (view)

things to do before you die
Posted: 11/15/2006 7:33:39 AM
1) travel to Northern Ireland to visit cousins
2) do a garden tour of England
3) do a garden tour of Japan
4) visit Stonehenge and a few other sacred sites in the British Isles
5) do a coast to coast drive of Canada, seeing all the provinces and territories.
6) start my own business breeding,growing and selling Lily bulbs
7) get married, (but kind of have to have a boyfriend first)

There are a few other things, but this is a good start. I remember when I was in college as an assignment we had to come up with a list of a 100 things to do before we die. The first 20 were fairly resonable but after that they just got silly. two of the things on that list I actually managed to get done. One was graduate from college and the other was attend a NHL hockey game.

GardenAngel4U

Saskatoon Meet & Greet pics
Posted: 11/14/2006 9:46:54 AM
awwww, Looks like things picked up after I left.
I came with friends and they wanted to leave early so kinda had to go.
skcountry offered a ride so maybe next time I will have to take him up on that. HOpe to make it out to the next one!

GardenAngel4U
Msg: 114 (view)

whats in your pocket? Hmm?
Posted: 11/12/2006 6:41:38 PM
I usually have rocks in my pocket. some quartz or citrine or amethyst...
Some people think I have rocks in my head too.....
 GardenAngel4U
Msg: 13 (view)

Christmas Wishes?
Posted: 11/12/2006 6:33:39 PM
Im wishing for a boyfriend to cuddle with ...... a full time job that I love to do and pays really really well....and a car .......and a house of my own.

GardenAngel4U
Msg: 208 (view)

Bi-Weekly Meet & Greet The Broken Cue Saskatoon
Posted: 11/11/2006 8:46:21 AM
I will likely bringing a couple of guests. Looking forward to meeting some new people!

GardenAngel4U
Msg: 168 (view)

Bi-Weekly Meet & Greet The Broken Cue Saskatoon
Posted: 11/6/2006 10:40:36 AM
Hmmmm well.....I suppose I could go just this once.... I am a very quiet person especially in large groups of people that I dont know. Bars and pubs are not my thing. but I cant expect to meet someone if I dont get off my lazy butt and get out once in a while lol Im willing to give it a go. I will be the silent one in the corner.

GardenAngel4U
Msg: 33 (view)

Origin Of Your Nickname
Posted: 11/5/2006 4:50:15 PM
my nickname comes from my love of gardening. and from trying to pick something that was unique and hadnt already been taken.

GardenAngel4U
Msg: 3 (view)

The Paranormal
Posted: 10/18/2006 2:19:20 PM
Well if there is five feet of snow on the ground I wont be going either! LOL Will keep an eye on the weather and let you know. If I do go it would be at Woodlawn cemetary. I actually have dead relatives there.

GardenAngel4U
Msg: 1 (view)

The Paranormal
Posted: 10/17/2006 1:10:17 PM
With Halloween close at hand I was just wondering if any of you have had any paranormal or ghostly experiences. Do you believe in "ghosts"? have you seen one? any other unexplained happenings?

Im planning to do a grave yard walk on Hallween in the afternoon, while it is still daylight and weather permitting. Would anyone care to join me?? Dont want to go at night as I do not want to be mistaken for a vandal. A grave yard walk is simply a walk through a cemetary, like you are walking in a park. You get to see some interesting headstones that way.

GardenAngel4U

Question
Posted: 10/16/2006 8:03:04 PM
I have one person on my list that I am really good friends with. Another I went out with a couple of times. Things didnt work out and I havent bothered to remove him from my list. The others I liked their profiles and simply havent gotten brave enough yet to send them a message.

Ifind it difficult to reply to messages that are only three words long example: "just sayin Hi" or "Let's chat" and I have actually gotten messages that are just that. If you are going to send a message to someone you have to say a abit more than that. I think if you tell the person why you liked their profile and a bit about yourself, you would likely get a better response. Sometimes it isdifficult to write messages cause you may like the profile but not sure why or how to put it into words.

For me personally I am far more likely to respond to someone who has taken the time to tell me a little bit about them selves in their message.
 GardenAngel4U

anyone find love?!
Posted: 10/16/2006 5:17:31 PM
Nope, havent found it. I have dated a couple of guys off here but there was no chemistry. They were really nice guys and will make some lucky woman happy but just not for me. Guess that is why Im still here.
 GardenAngel4U
Msg: 285 (view)

The worst thing about being single is........
Posted: 10/14/2006 8:08:06 AM
The worst thing about being single is that all your now married friends no longer want to hang out with you. they would rather hang out with other married couples
 GardenAngel4U
Msg: 164 (view)

Just saying hello......
Posted: 10/11/2006 12:15:59 PM
Hello everyone. Im in Saskatoon. Not very good at introductions but you can always look at my profile. If there is something you want to know , ask. If you are out of line I will let you know! LOL I love celebrating the seasons. Autumn is my favorite. and I love Halloween/Samhain. Samhain being the Celtic New Year.

Show ALL Forums