Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Badger Cull - good idea?
 paulnn1
Msg: 51 (view)

Badger Cull - good idea?
Posted: 4/14/2013 5:45:43 PM
Not all badgers are hit by cars. They are dumped after illegal badger baiting which is why you see quite a few very close to each other.
Talking of culls I can think of lots of animals I would rather cull especially in town centres on a Saturday night
 PaulNN1
Msg: 11 (view)

Fill up..or stay put!
Posted: 3/18/2013 2:26:43 AM
You , me , the public set the fuel prices !!! How ??? Because any time there is even the barest hint of shortages there are queues at petrol stations and it would seem that punters would pay any price at that point.
People are funny. I have lost count of the number of people who drive to keep fit classes or the gym !!!!
 PaulNN1
Msg: 23 (view)

When is the Job Market gonna improve in the UK?
Posted: 3/11/2013 11:26:06 AM
There is not one of my friends who is in the ''trade'' or ''degree related'' job they trained for.
These days far to many want to work in the sector they started to train for but as training can take years the world has changed as well. There is far to much of this '' I want to start at the top because I have ''XYZ''
Also far to much of this ''I was only trained for this so thats all I will apply for.
Career advice is virtually zero these days and at 16 who really knows what they really want to do??
I didn't.
If people opened their eyes they would realise that most people actually work for small companies doing things that most will never of even heard of never mind contemplated. For example a friend went to work for a small tube bending company. It branched out into aerials. He grew with the company and ended up as a senior executive working for one of the main mobile telecom companies installing masts all over Europe. A path that never existed in his mind when leaving school.
Yep its tough out there so flexibility is the real key.
 PaulNN1
Msg: 6 (view)

Your Council or MP. How do they treat you?
Posted: 3/8/2013 10:05:15 AM
Traycoli
Band A is reserved for people who are homeless through no fault of their own...ie divorce, landlord sells up, etc.
Those who have 'deliberately' and note that word ,are demoted or knocked down the list or even off the list..
Deliberately defines smashing up a house, spending the housing benefit instead of passing it to the landlord, anti social behaviour, growing drugs and some other reasons where after being helped to find a home they didn't want to play by the rules.
Remember councils do not have the houses available (please dont start a debate on the reasons why !!!) Thus those who do not obey the rules after being given a home get knocked off the list. They are free of course to hit the private rented sector and face the costs, credit checks etc. and see if anyone else will rent them a house where it will be smashed up and the rent not paid.
The other bands B,C,D are reserved for less urgent cases where someone wants to move nearer to mum or similar depending upon degrees of urgency.
The bands apply to council housing and often housing association properties and do not stop housing benefit being applied for to rent in the private sector.
Sorry to hijack the thread a bit.
 PaulNN1
Msg: 17 (view)

Question - ever RE-met someone on here?
Posted: 1/31/2013 3:49:27 AM
Yep met up with one. Not my type at all. About year later she had different profile and contacted me. I said that we had already met but she said that she had been going through a rough patch. We chatted and arranged to meet. Then at last minute she cancelled saying she didn't feel safe because I knew to much about her !!!
 PaulNN1
Msg: 14 (view)

Not-For-Profit Shopping on the High Street
Posted: 12/16/2012 5:06:46 PM
We have not for profit shops. They are called COOPS. Profits are handed back to members at the end of the year.
Of course there is a profit made to cover overheads and contingencies .
 PaulNN1
Msg: 21 (view)

torture for those who torture
Posted: 8/18/2012 6:36:43 AM
How did we win the last war with wimpy attitudes like this.
Excuse me sir we want to know the location of the secret transmitter and what you have told the other side.
Here have a cosy cell. Tea and biscuits. ?? Ring the bell when you wake up and we will bring you your dinner. Steak cooked to your liking.
To think that some gave their lives under torture in the last war to create a culture where lawyers bleat if criminals who do real nasty things don't get treated absolutely nicely beats me.
 paulnn1
Msg: 39 (view)

social dossers
Posted: 7/8/2012 3:27:23 AM
Nobody has mentioned that the minimum wage is so low because employers have to provide benefits.

On top of the percentage of 12% (subject to allowances) they also have to deal with tax credits, maternity allowances and a raft of other paperwork that used to be done by government departments.

With employees adding another 12% (subject to allowances ) it doesn't take anyone particularly smart to realise that even on the most basic calculations an employer hs to find £112 to pay £100 wage and the employee takes home £88.

Thats before holiday pay etc...and another raft of supply your staff with certain things by law including heating ,lighting, safety equipment etc.

What is this word ''entitled'' that keeps appearing. I always thought National Insurance was a scheme you paid into and drew out of if you had problems. There is no other insurance that would pay out if you didn't pay the premiums.

By the way the government does not pay any benefits whatsoever. It is other people working who pay benefits with the government taking a Robin Hood approach.
 PaulNN1
Msg: 44 (view)

How long before you leave or stop looking?
Posted: 7/5/2012 9:25:58 AM
Yep POF is getting that reputation for being a desperate site. Lots on here spoiling it for others .
Went on one date and I think she took her pics 20 years ago. Nothing like her pics at all.

Show ALL Forums