Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Questions about bullying !
 platofish
Msg: 40 (view)

Questions about bullying !
Posted: 12/10/2011 3:30:43 PM

Questions for the lovely people of POF...Why is it that Now all of a sudden is there awarness against bullying ?
Why not 10-20-30 years ago when the problems were just as bad as it is today ?

There's always been awareness about bullying. It's part of growing up. Nobody likes it, but it's part of human nature, and you're better off learning how to deal with this shit when you're young.

Libtards suffer from the delusion that they can fix the world. That they can teach these little kids to stop being bullies. But what the libtards are really doing is becoming the bullies themselves, finding people to harass in the name of equality.
 platofish
Msg: 93 (view)

Is Liberalism or Conservatism Morally Superior? And Why?
Posted: 11/30/2011 7:22:07 AM
Liberalism and conservatism are both morally inferior.
 platofish
Msg: 75 (view)

Breast sex
Posted: 11/29/2011 4:50:49 AM
****ing a nice big pair of titties is great. Especially on a woman with curves. Not a finishing move.
 platofish
Msg: 15 (view)

A truely BLACK Friday!
Posted: 11/29/2011 4:40:03 AM
Was this a "FWB" or "just friends"?
 platofish
Msg: 61 (view)

New Bedroom Ideas
Posted: 11/24/2011 6:04:06 PM
Hardwood floor... easier to clean up spills
 platofish
Msg: 34 (view)

The enjoyment of sex, but why?
Posted: 11/24/2011 5:32:13 PM

What exactly do you love about the act of intimacy?

Blasting off in a chick's mouth as she's going HMMMHMMRGHHH... on a beach of course, with a boombox playing bon jovi songs and other stuff that women like.
 platofish
Msg: 8 (view)

Blowjob vs. sex
Posted: 11/24/2011 5:27:17 PM
You forgot titty-****ing. I take blowjobs over sex anyday. There's also something really exciting about watching a woman just go to work on your****with everything she's got. If she can wrap her tits all around it even better.
 platofish
Msg: 48 (view)

stereotypes..so what if?
Posted: 11/23/2011 4:54:40 PM
WoW. You can tell you've hit a nerve when people resort to personal attacks.
 platofish
Msg: 60 (view)

Anyone else unable to find a job?
Posted: 11/23/2011 4:53:01 PM
I never had trouble finding a job. You have to be willing to work.

Problem with kids today is they're lazy. They get some useless degree and expect there to be a 6-figure career waiting for them.

Meanwhile there's high school dropouts making $100,000+ a year on the oil rigs.
 platofish
Msg: 39 (view)

stereotypes..so what if?
Posted: 11/22/2011 12:47:09 PM

you should go back to masturbating over tales of Ilse Koch, the "B1tch of Buchenwald"; stock up on Zyklon B for lube -no wait; most of you NN types are secretly gay boys who like to hang out with all guys for that reason, wearing "butch" military-looking type gear..maybe whack off to pics of Heinrich Himmler..?

Are we supposed to take this post seriously?

This is why I don't believe all these stories about human soap and lampshades. Look at what this person wrote. How do we even begin to distinguish between truth and fiction when the accusations are slanderous and biased beyond words.
 platofish
Msg: 38 (view)

stereotypes..so what if?
Posted: 11/22/2011 12:44:24 PM
People can be taught how to see the world. You might have had racist parents telling you all Black people are bad. Then went to school, and had liberal teachers telling you something completely different.

Ultimately people are going to view the world as they themselves experience it. Studies show that White people who live in areas with a large number of Black people are more likely to have a negative opinion of Blacks than White people who live in predominantly White areas.

Whites who live in more affluent areas are also more likely to encounter responsible, well educated Black people, who do not engage in the kinds of behavior that characterizes the majority of Black males.

I have lived and worked around enough Blacks to have a rather negative opinion of them... as a group. I have also found certain Black people to be exceptionally courteous and hard-working. I suspect that working class Black people, people like myself, probably see their community the same way I see it. With rampant crime, welfare abuse, and anti-social, thuggish behaviour. This is probably an embarrasment, as well as a handicap that they have to overcome when looking for housing and employment. So they will go out of their way to project a positive image.

Just like White people will go out of their way to be nice to people of other races. To show we're not racist, even though we know damn well we are.
 platofish
Msg: 99 (view)

Anyone else scared of Iran nuking the Holy Land?
Posted: 11/21/2011 8:00:54 PM
Israel is in crisis. The zionist regime won't survive without the economic and military support of the United States. America's decision to withdraw from Iraq, and not go to war with Iran is a permanent exit from the region. And will have dire consequences for Israel.

The Republican puppet show hasn't gotten the memo. But the lingering question of Obama's eligibility might have something to do with his reluctance to involve America in another war.

America's greatest military asset isn't the "holy land", or control of the Middle East's oil reserves. It is the security of living on a continent free of dangerous enemies. A country that can stand on its own two feet in times of peril.

America desperately needs to disengage itself from the Middle East conflict, and clean its own house. Russian and Chinese meddling in South America needs to be addressed before it results in another Cuba. And the Balkanization of the United States by uncontrolled immigration across the Mexican border cannot be tolerated when there is a serious risk of global war. It is time for the United States and Israel to part ways.
 platofish
Msg: 15 (view)

Need Advice Re: Car Accident
Posted: 11/21/2011 12:12:51 PM
I wouldn't want a car that's been in a major collision. Especially not an 8 year old car.

What was the car worth to you when it got hit? How much would it cost to replace the vehicle with a similar one?

Let them get an estimate for the repair, then see if you can work out a cash payment to replace the vehicle. Shouldn't be too hard for a guy who works at a dealership.
 platofish
Msg: 20 (view)

how would you react to this guys? please be honest
Posted: 11/21/2011 11:46:19 AM
Having huge scars, and no breasts or reproductive organs would be a definite deal-breaker.
 platofish
Msg: 28 (view)

stereotypes..so what if?
Posted: 11/21/2011 11:16:24 AM

IF (and I think that's a huge 'if'), say, a disproportionate percentage of 'black men' are criminals, it wouldn't take into account that the vast majority of them, compared to the same number of 'white men', live in poverty or do not have the educational opportunities their white counterparts often have.

Blacks get preferential treatment in employment and education. If it was only about opportunity, these socio-economic inequalities would have been eliminated by now.

Fact is Blacks score lower on IQ tests than Whites and Asians. That is why they are more likely to end up in prison. Many simply don't have the intelligence or discipline to succeed in a technologically advanced society.

Racial differences go back to evolution. Europeans had to survive a very harsh ice age. They became hunters. They learned to build shelter, store food, and other tasks that required them to use their brains and be civil towards one another. And in a society where men bring home the bacon, pair-bonding became essential to raising children.

Africans evolved in a climate with an abundance of food. Women raise their children alone. There was no need to build shelter, store food, or be discriminate in one's sexual relations.

It is inevitable that in a technologically advanced White society, governed by law and reason, Blacks will be at a disadvantage. And any attempt to correct the imbalance is going to end in failure.

If we really want to right by these people, we need to start by being honest. A lot of supposedly educated people take liberal concepts of justice at face value. Because they can afford to live in gated communities and send their kids to good schools where they don't experience black behaviour first hand. These same people also fail to recognize that liberal immigration policies hurt Black people disproportionately, in the same manner as they hurt working class White people. And while welfare allows people to feel charitable, these programs are incredibly destructive, because they encourage laziness and irresponsibility, while punishing those who work and pay taxes.

Eventually the liberal welfare state will collapse, and Blacks will still be just as ignorant as when they left the plantation 150 years ago.
 platofish
Msg: 52 (view)

Safe place to meet for sex
Posted: 11/21/2011 9:32:17 AM
Her place, or a motel.
 platofish
Msg: 26 (view)

DTF?
Posted: 11/21/2011 9:25:58 AM
Serves him right for trying to hook up in the bible belt.
 platofish
Msg: 166 (view)

why a meal on the first date?
Posted: 11/21/2011 9:09:43 AM
The old-fashioned thing is to go for ice cream or a soda. If the relationship is worth sharing a meal, the woman can prepare a picnic lunch. The man should pick her up in his car. If both are old enough to drink, he might also want to bring a mickey, some protection, and enough money for a motel.

Women who expect to be wined and dined by a stranger are gold-diggers.
 platofish
Msg: 57 (view)

Support for legalizing pot hits all-time high
Posted: 11/21/2011 8:50:00 AM

A lot of casual smokers would much rather go out and buy it than farm it and harvest it themselves. That's where the money will come from in taxes regardless of the premium.

You don't know how taxation works.

Taxing people who are casual smokers will not raise enough revenue. And the more you try and squeeze them, the more they will buy their drugs from illegal sources.

You need to keep your marijuana tax low enough to attract the burnouts who smoke every day. And they're is no money in that, considering how easy it is to grow marijuana.

That's why pot is illegal. It's the only way to make money off it.

Making pot legal is going to decrease a lot of the illegal drug revenue coming through boarder in which pot is the most sought after illegal drug in this nation.

When you have large cartels moving drugs from one country to another, you also need banks to launder the money. That's how banks profit from the international drug trade. That's the same thing as taxation.
 platofish
Msg: 91 (view)

Posted: 11/21/2011 7:29:28 AM

Anti-Semites usually hide their prejudice behind a claim that they are only opposed to the policies of Israel. It's good that some of them don't bother to hide their Jew-hating, but just put it out there for all to see.

Anti-semitism is a normal and healthy reaction to Jewish supremacism.
 platofish
Msg: 330 (view)

Has anyone ever used ice cubes for sex?
Posted: 11/18/2011 7:15:33 PM
Ice is good for drinking... which can lead to sex.
 platofish
Msg: 44 (view)

Decision On Keystone XL Pipeline Delayed
Posted: 11/18/2011 9:00:34 AM
@ matchlight and \global warming guy.

Oh my god!! The temperature on earth just went up by 2 degrees. I'm going to take off my sweater before we all die!!

It's true. a lot of people will die when global warming causes the ice caps to melt and water levels to rise. But most of them would have died anyway. Or their children would have died. Because they were too stupid and irresponsible to practice birth control. India's population has increased by over 100 million people in just the last ten years alone. In a country that can't even feed itself or provide its people with running water. Is it our fault that a Tsunami just washed 10,000 of them away? Stop having so many babies.

When they were dying of disease, we sent them medicine.

When they were dying of hunger, we sent them food.

Now they are dying because there are just too many of them. All over the place. Wherever there is going to be the next Tsunami, you can be guaranteed there will be millions of mud people living in little houses made of garbage and human shit, just waiting to get washed away.

And we're supposed to do what?

Sometimes you have to let nature take it's course. Especially when people who are supposed to solve problems are completely devoid of common sense. Message to mud people. Stop having 8-10 babies. I'm not going to send you any more money.
 platofish
Msg: 43 (view)

Posted: 11/18/2011 8:33:31 AM
FACT: The vast majority of environmental NGOs are funded by big oil, banks, the House of Windsor and other rich scumbags who made their fortunes stealing from others.

The purpose of these front groups is to block human access to land and resources. And keep us peasants penned up in urban areas, working at Starbucks or some shit, where we can't become a threat to the old money.

Alberta is in the process of becoming an economic powerhouse. The Province's oil industry is a magnet for professionals, skilled tradesmen, entrepreneurs and thousands of young people looking for a better life.

Besides it's "human capital", the West has an abundance of other resources. Many businesses are already moving out to Calgary to take advantage of lower taxes, a friendly business climate, and a better quality of life for their workers. This is a trend the Eastern Establishment in Toronto, New York and London wishes to avoid at all costs.

Alberta isn't the only province with potential. There is enough oil buried all over North America to last us for many hundreds of years. Enough rain flows into Hudson's Bay and out to sea each and every year to solve the entire continent's water shortages permanently, many times over. Yet Canadians are fed fear stories about an American plot to "privatize" ... "our water".

Fact is most of Canada's tap water comes from nearby lakes and reservoirs that are being depleted just as fast as those in the United States. A project like the proposed GRAND canal would not only supply all of North America with fresh water, but also provide hundreds of millions of people with clean, renewable hydro-electric power. But it can't be built because of protests by misguided libtards.

Meanwhile the American South-West, a region that provides us all with fruits and vegetables, is running out of water. All courtesy of our elites, and their army of useful idiots.

You only have to attend a few meetings to see what these leftists are all about. Frustrated, bitter losers, most often single and childless. Destined for extinction, they grab on to whatever cause celebre will allow them to feel better about themselves. Or at the very least allow them to make others equally miserable.

This continent once promised all things to all people. Our ancestors risked their lives to sail here in shoddy little wooden boats, and give their children a better life. And here you liberals disgrace them with your cowardice, your moral ineptitude, and plain stupidity.
 platofish

Posted: 11/16/2011 4:49:34 PM
The oil industry is boom-bust

In this kind of economy, eventually the price of oil, capital and other inputs just become too high and the economy stops working. That's what's happening now. The American consumer is running out of places to borrow money to pay his over-inflated mortgage and energy bills. Speculators are able to keep the price high for the time being, to continue recycling the trillions of dollars the Federal Reserve is throwing into circulation, but eventually it will all come crashing down.

The OPEC crisis of the 1970's ended much the same way, with a very hard crash. And a lot of very big and very expensive projects were left to rust when Arab oil dropped back down to $10 a barrel. In Alberta which had been riding high on $35/barrel oil, and workers suddenly found themselves owing the banks more than their homes were worth, we learned this lesson well.

Oil companies are very nervous about investing too much in Alberta, a province that has only limited amounts of conventional oil remaining, and very limited supplies of fresh water with which to get it out of the ground. Tarsands oil is a great way to create jobs and economic growth as long as people are paying $100 a barrel for oil, but those projects will be worthless in the event of a return to cheap oil.

There is far less risk exporting a raw product to Oklahoma, than try to handle it all in house. Especially a high-risk commodity like tar-sands oil, that could become non-viable in the event of a collapse.

OPEC is also well aware the power their market share has over market share. Not just to raise prices and punish Western consumers for their government's foreign policies, but also to lower prices, and bankrupt certain nations attempts at becoming energy self sufficient.

The problem in the States is the only area with the capacity to refine this amount of petroleum are Oklahoma, Texas, and Louisiana, which handle the Gulf Coast industry. We have to do a leapfrog over all these other states, and all kinds of liberal tree supremacists who will be protesting and suing every step of the way.

The global warming thing is just a function of having too many people. There are technologically advanced countries with stable populations. And then there are primitive countries that have very high population growth. Backwards people who choose to have large numbers of children, will suffer and die, regardless of what we do. That is their nature.

Unless people are willing to make tough decisions, then nature is going to do it for them. Personally I don't feel guilty driving an automobile. I make choices to reduce my energy consumption where I can. By insulating and weather-proofing my home, keeping my vehicles well maintained, and making responsible choices as a consumer. But I'm not going to live like an animal in a mud hut, because some communist believes this earth can support 40 billion people. The most important choice I made was not to have more children than I can support and provide with the means to become healthy, productive members of society.
 platofish

What is your nostalgia?
Posted: 11/12/2011 12:27:36 PM
My dad taking me on car rides on the weekend. We'd find a little spot where I could shoot the .22 while he drank a six-pack. Sometimes he'd let me drive the car.
 platofish
Msg: 32 (view)

Posted: 11/11/2011 1:27:33 PM
I think kids would be better off working for a couple of years before going to college.
 platofish
Msg: 31 (view)

Posted: 11/11/2011 7:43:35 AM
Iran has not done anything wrong.

Israel is a fascist apartheid state that routinely commits war crimes and acts of terrorism. They only get away with it due to the zionist influence in the American government.

America has paid a heavy price for fighting Israel's wars.
 platofish
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 11/11/2011 7:29:34 AM
One of my first jobs was working for this old Italian guy who installed wire fences. He told me that when he came to this country as a young man, he got a job working on a paving crew. But that kind of work requires a lot of manpower and expensive equipment, and he realized he'd never have the money to start out on his own. So he found another job installing wire fences.
 platofish
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 11/10/2011 9:14:40 PM
I don't believe that Iran does not have some sort of nuclear weapons program. Israel has nuclear weapons that is certain, and a long history of terrorism and other belligerent behaviour. When your sworn enemy has nukes, that is usually a cause to acquire those weapons for yourself. Also the region would probably benefit from having a nuclear Iran, to contain Israeli aggression.

Even without nukes, Iran probably has enough other dirty bombs to give Israel hell. Israel is a very small country. Not like USA and Russia, that could afford to lose dozens of cities in a nuclear exchange and still win the war. If you remove nukes from the equation altogether, Iran would almost certainly win a conventional war. Israel could barely take on the Lebanese resistance.

Also when you look at what happened to Saddam Hussein after the US invasion. His sons were killed, and he was humiliated and executed. The regime in Tehran really doesn't have anything to lose. They need to stand firm.

What I fear is that Israel is prepared to go to the wall. To bring America onside, and hit Iran with whatever they think is necessary, and hope the United States will eliminate or absorb some of the damage from an Iranian counter-attack.

What we need is a clear signal from the American public and other NATO countries that we are not going to tolerate another illegal war by this crew of liars and thieves. Especially not a country like Iran that actually has the ability to hit back. And what would the world have to gain from a World War 3 at this point. Other than to kill hundreds of millions of young men, and make the weapons contractors a few billion dollars richer.

Remember all those guys who came home from the 90-91 Gulf War with that mysterious disease? They're still not coming clean on what happened there. A huge number of veterans from that war are dead now, but the Army people don't want to acknowledge anything happened, because if the public saw the actual casualty figure of this little adventure in the Middle East, they might not be so inclined to support these wars.
 platofish
Msg: 49 (view)

Is all of history one big lie?
Posted: 11/10/2011 8:41:32 PM

Holy crap, there's some pretty virulent racism expressed here.

Read "Guns, Germs and Steel." The reason agriculture developed where it did is because of a lot of factors.

Agriculture only began a few thousand years ago. Races have evolved independently for over a hundred thousand years. The notion that race is a "social construct" is a liberal myth. The word "racist" was coined by no other than Leon Trotsky.

The real reason Africa is screwed up is because the people there evolved in a climate that always offered an abundance of food. Unlike White people who had to build shelters and store enough food to make it thru long winters, the Africans never had to go to all that trouble. And consequently, nature never weeded out the lazy and the stupid.

In the modern era, White people look after the Blacks. We wouldn't have survived the ice age if we didn't share with those less fortunate. Now that technology has opened up a whole world of have-nots, our greatest strength has become our greatest weakness.
 platofish
Msg: 44 (view)

Posted: 11/10/2011 3:01:32 PM

even if depictions of Menes (aka Narmer) were created after his death, they are obviously of a black man.

Which proves nothing.

You could believe that Jesus Christ himself was a Negro, and draw a picture as you imagine he may have looked like 2000 years ago. But that does not mean Jesus or Menes were Negros.
 platofish
Msg: 18 (view)

Older Boarding School Survivors
Posted: 11/10/2011 1:59:35 PM
My parents wanted to send me to boarding school. Till they found out how much it cost, and my dad realized he could beat me himself for free.
 platofish
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 11/10/2011 1:47:46 PM
I used to work as a pipe-layer. $25 an hour, plus benefits. Now all those jobs go to Mexicans, while kids like you go to college to get brainwashed with leftist propaganda.

Something to think about when you're flipping burgers for $6 an hour.

Remember. Illegal means criminal.
 platofish
Msg: 711 (view)

Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 11/10/2011 1:13:37 PM
Capitalism is not free enterprise. Capitalism is what happens when wealthy people are able to buy political influence.

Once your system of free enterprise degenerates into capitalism, with the rich buying politicians, it's only a matter of time before other politicians figure out how to sell themselves to the poor people, by offering socialist welfare programs.

Capitalism and socialism are two sides of the same coin. Both are predicated on the belief that it is OK to use the state to take money from one group of people, and give it to another.

If you're middle class, you're getting screwed on both ends. Supporting the rich capitalists who charge us extortionist rates for commodities like petroleum. And you pay more taxes to support the poor people who want socialist welfare programs so they don't have to work.

At the end of the day, the ones getting hurt the most are the middle class, which is just what the capitalist system wants. To eliminate the up-and-comers who would be a threat to them in a system of genuine free enterprise, and use taxation and corruption to reduce us all down into a class of slaves
 platofish
Msg: 40 (view)

Posted: 11/10/2011 12:40:21 PM
Black people built pyramids, and could fly. Till Whitey came and took it all away

Black Africans have never built a civilization. Because they never had to. In Sub-Saharan Africa there is no need to store food for winter. Because there are no winters. No need to organize large numbers of people for the building of shelters, or hunting large animals. The fruit hangs from the trees year round.

Black people don't even have families. In ice-age Europe, a child wouldn't survive without a father and an extended family to provide for it. The harsh climate favoured those who learned to cooperate and live in large groups. In Africa, the mother raises the children alone. Because she can. While the man goes off and seeks new conquests.

People are a product of their environment. The reason Black Africans have accomplished virtually nothing in all of history, is because their environment expects nothing.

platofish
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 11/10/2011 12:31:23 PM
Can't say I'm surprised. Most liberal arts degrees are useless. A way for schools to "educate" i.e. take money from kids too slow to study something useful like engineering.

You're still young. Go to trade school. A good welder or electrician can make 6 figures
 platofish
Msg: 35 (view)

need help with the chick cave x 2
Posted: 11/4/2011 9:17:59 PM
WTF is a chick cave? You're gonna drink some German wine and watch a bunch of Patrick Swayze movies?
 platofish
Msg: 325 (view)

what's so bad about spanking your kid?
Posted: 11/3/2011 1:42:10 PM
The government wants to outlaw corporal punishment for the same reasons they want to increase welfare payments and tax working people into the poorhouse. To destroy the responsible, productive members of society. And level us down into one giant underclass of slaves for the rich and powerful to exploit.
 platofish
Msg: 134 (view)

Sex with Tall women
Posted: 10/30/2011 8:15:00 PM
As long as it's proportional. I prefer a little BBW over the the skin and bones look. So if she was tall, she'd have to be nice and cuddly.. built for "speed and comfort" as they say.
 platofish
Msg: 318 (view)

Posted: 10/30/2011 7:49:43 PM
^5
Now that's a fine Christian woman. No drugs or pets either
 platofish
Msg: 29 (view)

Roommate Etiquette?
Posted: 10/29/2011 5:40:07 PM
You have to decide what's more important. Money or sex?
 platofish
Msg: 297 (view)

Posted: 10/28/2011 12:13:02 PM
I'm all for spanking kids. We should also bring back corporal punishment for criminals.
 platofish
Msg: 45 (view)

Is masturbation a form of homosexuality?
Posted: 10/22/2011 8:02:39 PM
I don't know if watching yourself masturbate is gay.. but it's definitely wierd.
 platofish
Msg: 54 (view)

What are your fun little dirty little secrets?
Posted: 10/22/2011 8:01:50 PM
Wrestling with girls is so hot... especially when you're both a little drunk. The best is if you can hold her down for a good spanking. chicks love spankings!!
 platofish
Msg: 33 (view)

Facials: Real or Porn Only?
Posted: 10/22/2011 7:54:54 PM
I wouldn't say no. If she'll let me cum on her face, she'll probably let me cum in her mouth...
 platofish
Msg: 37 (view)

Deepthroating help!!!
Posted: 10/22/2011 7:53:08 PM
My friend was watching this movie and I usually don't watch TV but it was with Will Ferrel and I love him he's so funny, anyway in the movie they had this fag teaching the girls how to suck**** and I'm wondering if that's true, if there's gay men that are like personal trainers in teaching women how to give head.
 platofish
Msg: 47 (view)

THE LAW
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:46:01 AM
It doesn't really matter what time of year you want to eat strawberries. Somebody has to pick the strawberries. If you don't want to pay that person a living wage so he can provide for his family and pay his bills like the rest of us, then someone else has to pay. Illegal aliens use health care, their kids go to school, they drive to work on the same roads as the rest of us. But if they don't pay for those services, then someone else has to pay.

Like it or not, illegal means criminal. Illegal aliens are criminals. And anyone who hires illegal aliens is an even bigger criminal. Just because the government does not enforce a law, does not make it lawful. President Obama took an oath to defend the Constitution. By ordering the INS not to deport illegal aliens, he broke that oath. Obama and the other politicians who ignore the law are the biggest criminals of all.

If illegal aliens are deported, the price of strawberries and other produce will go up. So will wages. When wages go up, taxes will go down. Because more people will be paying taxes, instead of taking welfare and unemployment for not working.

Taxes will go down because schools and hospitals no longer have to provide services to people who don't pay for them. There is no such thing as a free lunch. If you want to eat strawberries, or have somebody mow your lawn for you, then you should pay for that.
 platofish
Msg: 38 (view)

THE LAW
Posted: 10/21/2011 5:43:29 PM

How else would someplace like, say, Winnipeg,Manitoba, or Ogden, Utah, get fresh strawberries in December at a reasonable price, if someone wasn't willing to pick them on the cheap? It's foolish to say "pushing down wages" since a) I don't see Americans lining up to do those jobs anyway, and b) the consumer is only going to pay for these things in the long run anyway.

We are paying. When illegal aliens go to the emergency room because they don't have health insurance who do you think ends up paying for that? Or when they are forced to go on food stamps because they don't earn enough to feed their families?

And you can't really blame Americans for not wanting to work in industries that are dominated by illegal aliens. In these industries, the prevailing wages are determined by a market that allows employers to hire people who have no legal rights. Make these businesses follow the law, and negotiate wages and benefits with people who actually have the right to stand up for themselves, and I'm sure there will be plenty of people to do these jobs.
 platofish
Msg: 49 (view)

Support for legalizing pot hits all-time high
Posted: 10/21/2011 3:56:05 PM

Beer can be brewed anywhere, hell they have home kits where you can brew your own beer for less then 35 dollars

Home brewed beer tastes like shit. It's also a lot of work, you have to wash out the bottles so you can re-use them, and it doesn't keep very long. The tax on beer is not even that high so the simple reason people pay the beer tax is because the alternative is not worth it.

Pot is much easier. It will keep forever in the freezer. You could legalize it, and tax it. But not by much.

So the question is would the tax revenue from legalization exceed the revenue that comes from seizing the property of people involved in the illegal narcotics trade, and the money laundering of billions of dollars?

Governments are willing to profit from the sale of tobacco and alcohol, so they're certainly willing to profit from the trade in other drugs. You just have to see how they're doing it.
 platofish
Msg: 33 (view)

What to do when your libido goes out the window
Posted: 10/21/2011 2:45:11 PM
It is common for mental disorders such as depression and schizophrenia to first appear in late adolescence and early adulthood.

Stay off the drugs
Get plenty of exercise
Get a job, school, whatever as long as there is structure.

Show ALL Forums