Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Could I PLEASE get someone to critique my profile?
 IndyLee
Msg: 3 (view)

Could I PLEASE get someone to critique my profile?
Posted: 10/2/2011 2:12:00 PM
Hi BB,
I've only been on POF for a month and I'm still trying to figure it out.
I think your profile is fine.
The only thing I would change is your "first date" - I'd keep it short since I don't know what Bliss Hits are, I'd take that out.
Best of luck to you!
IndyLee
 IndyLee
Msg: 10 (view)

Has POF changed?
Posted: 10/2/2011 2:06:19 PM
Ok, after I posted my message earlier today, a nice good looking profile came my way for chatting. Most guys don't want to continually chat, so when he said he'd like to watch the EAGLES game with me today I immediately said, yes, sure, I'll throw on jeans and meet you halfway. Then he said "hold a minute brb" be right back, right? Well he left in a hurry. I know there are confused people out there, on this dating site and others. People just seem to NOT say what they mean or want to follow through. Such a shame. I think I'm a catch!
 IndyLee
Msg: 133 (view)

Is smoking a deal breaker?
Posted: 10/2/2011 8:42:02 AM
I'm a non-smoking woman and put it on my profile non-smokers only. Health wise I can't handle being expose to it for long. My family smokes and I tell them if they want me to see them and they smoke inside I prefer to talk to them on their porch.......I was attracted to an interesting profile today but the man still smokes (trying to stop). As tempted as I was to respond to him, I know how addictive smoking is (my brother has asthma, emphasema, heart issues), so I thought CRAP, it's a shame because I was attracted to this guy but I can't be exposed to a smoking partner. I wish you the best to quit smoking!
 IndyLee
Msg: 9 (view)

Has POF changed?
Posted: 10/1/2011 10:52:14 AM
I've been on POF for only about a month. I'm a little disappointed when guys want to meet you, you respond by email, and they do not respond. It's strange to me. If I say I'm looking for a relationship but want time to get to know each other, I get no response. If I say I'm looking just to date, then I get shot down because they are only looking for a long term relationship. I guess I thought these guys were intelligent and would be on this site to at least follow through with conversation. And PICTURES, my goodness. They want more pictures of me WITHOUT sunglasses on before they will communicate. And they say they are not superficial, when they ask for full body shots (and I'm average body with good looks) and they don't respond. I'd like to hear more thoughts on this. This is a free site with lots of members and I hope things will improve!

Show ALL Forums