Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Old and alone.
 fleursky
Msg: 51 (view)

Old and alone.
Posted: 9/11/2013 11:45:24 PM
reading through the posts it really surprises me how many people have said it doesn't bother them.
It scares the living shite out of me to think I might be old and alone :S
 fleursky
Msg: 13 (view)

SMILE .... you are at work!
Posted: 6/21/2013 4:06:42 AM
I adore my job but it is so stressful and am often very tired but I always paint that smile on, make sure I say good morning or good afternoon to all my staff (even though some I can't stand & think they're incompetent half the time haha) & I always make sure I ask my staff if everythings alright, any problems etc etc.

There's a big difference in being cheerful for the day because you've had good news or something in your personal life is making you happy or sad & being professional at work with leaving personal problems out of it.
I always feel there's no need to be grumpy, miserable at work if issues are addressed and I have no hesitation in pulling my staff up if they're coming across miserable, grumpy etc as this has a knock on effect to others
 fleursky
Msg: 102 (view)

Pet's Names
Posted: 6/18/2013 11:25:52 AM
I have only two cats now called Bella & Sky (mother & daughter).
 fleursky
Msg: 22 (view)

Are Holidays important when money is tight?
Posted: 6/18/2013 10:52:58 AM
I'm very lucky and appreciative that I'm in a position with my job now to be able to afford holidays abroad and have been bitten by travel bug badly the last two years traveling round Bulgaria, Tunisia, Jersey, Greece & off to Monte Carlo next month, Morocco in October & Gambia in January. I adore the different cultures and seeing the world.

However it certainly wasn't like that living as a single parent raising two sons on minimum income. Every year myself and my friends used to collect the tokens from the Sun newspaper and all book a week at Pontins at Camber Sands & you know what, I cherish those holidays just as much, they were full of laughs & fun & on the basic of no money.

Holidays have and will always be important to me as I need that break from the day to day norm to be able to walk away & switch off for a bit
 fleursky
Msg: 5 (view)

FACIAL SURGERY ?
Posted: 6/4/2013 1:15:55 PM
There you go 013552.....Cheers Col, I'll buy you that drink later ;)..............lol only joking, thankyou Colin & you've known me years :)
 fleursky
Msg: 3 (view)

FACIAL SURGERY ?
Posted: 6/4/2013 12:35:31 PM
As others have said depends on your injury. I've had a maxillo-facial surgeon operate on my face twice & both times was risk of facial disfigurement, drains in side of face, recovery ok, has left life lasting issues for me but nothing no-one would ever see or notice and my surgeon did the most amazing job with what I had to have done.
Sorry to hear about your accident, have faith in them :)
 fleursky
Msg: 54 (view)

Can you be single so long you forget how to be a couple?
Posted: 5/28/2013 12:20:52 PM
I'm now in my 13th year of living on my own & can certainly see that I'm less tolerant than I used to be. I guess living on my own for so long I've slipped into a work life that takes up alot of my time & then in the little spare time I do get it's spent trying to catch up with friends & family. Having said that it's a choice I've made so as I don't spend time indoors feeling lonely. Would be different if the right person came along as I can easily cut down on going out as much and would actually relish in coming home to someone. They would have to be tolerant of my job situation though.
 fleursky
Msg: 76 (view)

Have you ever found your hair colour made people treat you in a certain way and how did it make you
Posted: 5/26/2013 1:24:29 AM
Funny this thread being resurrected. I've had long very dark hair for years and really fancied a drastic change last week so yesterday went and had it all cut off very short and have gone blonde. A huge massive change and I certainly got different looks than I normally would. Maybe a new look me will be a good thing or will be interesting to see if I get the 'dumb blonde' cliches :)
 fleursky
Msg: 47 (view)

Wasps!
Posted: 5/19/2013 11:49:51 PM
A few years ago I was at my sisters bbq and had a can of fosters, stupidly put it down on the grass for a bit then when I picked it up to take a drink a wasp was in it & went straight in my mouth. I knew straight away but as I spat it out the wasp stung me on the tip of my tongue. I've never felt such panic & pain. Felt like a red hot poker in my tongue. Luckily there was a paramedic at the bbq (off duty a friend of my sister). He squeezed my tongue & made me hold my tongue in a shot glass of tequila!! tongue swelling over time but he monitored and timed but did finally stop swelling. I spent the next three days talking with a lisp with a fat swollen tongue & in agony with it :(
Have never been scared of them before but now completely panic when I see one.............certainly have never drunk out of a can ever again!!!!!!
 fleursky
Msg: 47 (view)

whats the worst thing you have done when drunk ?
Posted: 5/16/2013 11:35:02 PM
I don't recall doing anything bad when drunk although I do tend to love everyone in the world when I've had a drink, must be so annoying for others :)
 fleursky
Msg: 253 (view)

Older Women And Younger Men Dating.... What Do You Think?
Posted: 5/16/2013 11:31:02 PM
I have had a couple of dates with a guy (he's 35) 7 years younger than myself (I'm 42) and although we got on great I do think sometimes what on earth does he see in me as his last 2 ex's were in there early twenties.......my body can't compete with a young lady in her 20's lol!
& what happens when I'm really old & wrinkly, would he trade me in for a younger model where body parts are more north than south :S
 fleursky
Msg: 4 (view)

55 miles
Posted: 5/15/2013 10:49:29 PM
I don't drive so I would find 55 miles a bit far, but saying that it depends whereabouts and how the public transport is.
I guess lots of factors appear but if I'd met up & we hit it off totally then I'd certainly put the effort in but would be hard, never know what the future holds.
The only other downfall with 55 miles for me would be my work & not driving, long working hours and also getting back quickly if there was an emergency there.
 fleursky
Msg: 3 (view)

It's Saturday - what are you up to?
Posted: 5/11/2013 10:42:43 AM
I think your friend is right Daver. It's the one night of the week that I find it's all couples out when I pop into my local or anywhere so I tend not to go out on a Saturday night unless I'm traveling to see friends or family. I am spending the weekend at my parents house in Kent this weekend and we're going out for a meal tonight. Am enjoying the break away and from work etc but will still feel like a gooseberry with my Dad & Step-mum :S
 fleursky
Msg: 23 (view)

Tone of voice
Posted: 5/10/2013 7:00:37 AM
I can't stand people mumbling or a droll slow gormless voice, haven't got the patience :S
 fleursky
Msg: 24 (view)

Another star arrested
Posted: 5/5/2013 1:36:43 AM
I really hate all this 'guilty' when nothing has been proved. The affect it must have on peoples lives must be devastating & yet the jo public revel in it, I think it's disgusting. If someone has been tried, evidence etc and guilty then fair enough but people are way to quick to jump on the bandwagon without knowing all the facts.

As for teens looking older, I was as guilty of dressing up in the highest heels I could find, make-up etc to make myself look older & to get into pubs, I would never have told a guy my real age back then and being so tall I got away with appearing alot older, maybe just maybe some of these guys are not all to blame, some girls are to. & before anyone jumps down my throat I am not condoning any kind of rape :)
 fleursky
Msg: 10 (view)

do you sometimes get all confused and end up doing silly things?
Posted: 5/5/2013 1:17:06 AM
Found the milk in the cupboard with the teabags this morning when I went to make a cuppa :S
 fleursky
Msg: 16 (view)

Quirky Things You Find Attractive?
Posted: 5/5/2013 1:13:24 AM
The older I've got I've noticed that I find more things attractive in people than I did before.
I do have a thing for tattoos on a man, a kind of quiet shyness & some accents
 fleursky
Msg: 9 (view)

People who Inspire you or you admire ?
Posted: 5/4/2013 3:15:18 AM
Rudolf Nureyev has always been one of the most influential people in my life from a child. His whole attitude to life, his passion, the way he followed his dreams even against his country, KGB, death warrant etc to become one of the most influential people the ballet world has ever known. The heartbreak he went through through life but still stood strong. I adored him & his life as a child and still do now.
It makes me cry with happiness and sadness even now when I watch him dancing and when things get tough in my own life it pulls me through.
Great admiration for this man
 fleursky
Msg: 8 (view)

Singles Holidays anyone been on one?
Posted: 4/30/2013 10:58:46 PM
FermanaghGirl.......yes I go on my own, haven't booked through a singles company. This one I'm going on in July is an 8 day coach road trip through France, Monte Carlo, Italy and back staying in various hotels, it's with Just Go Holidays. I've been on ones before with them in this country & they've been fab & always entertainment if you want it. You end up chatting with all on the coach & all ages, the driver stays with you for the whole trip.
I have been on my own flying etc on holiday which is also cool. I always manage to end up chatting with someone or meeting the locals wherever I am.
 fleursky

Singles Holidays anyone been on one?
Posted: 4/30/2013 9:44:46 AM
Yes I holiday on my own alot.
Am going on my own for an 8 day hol to Monte Carlo in July, all inclusive, has cost me £510, thats including my £90 single supplement charge.
Shop around, there are good deals even with the single supplement sometimes :)
 fleursky

do you sometimes get all confused and end up doing silly things?
Posted: 4/27/2013 4:34:54 AM
I have to think what day it is when I wake up as have often got that wrong & either laid in thinking I've got no work only to get a phonecall asking where I am or same as others and have rushed into work on the wrong day & wasn't supposed to be there.

I've got a terrible habit of putting things away 'hiding for later' & then can never remember where I've hidden things.
 fleursky

Work, friends, families and fitting it all in...
Posted: 4/24/2013 1:01:48 PM
I'm not an only child (have four siblings) but they all live either abroad or around the country miles away from me. My parents live miles away aswell and I only see my mum probably about once a year. I talk on the phone weekly to my family & we get on great and are close but we all have our own busy lives and jobs etc so it's lovely for me that I don't feel that pressure of having to visit them weekly or whatever, I'll do it when I have time.
My job is demanding and long hours but swings in roundabouts and can always make time.

Like most people I love to spend time with my friends but if I had a partner then my time with them would obviously reduce a bit. I think if there can't be a compromise then it won't work.
 fleursky
Msg: 13 (view)

Own Teeth???
Posted: 4/16/2013 12:32:31 PM
Jeremy Kyle Show comes to mind :S
 fleursky

Where's the forum?
Posted: 4/16/2013 12:26:48 PM
Msg 9, Cinders, yes that explained..........but don't you( not you personally Cinders...I mean 'jo public') think that it's only us old'uns that know the forums are here that have looked it up.....if it's not on new format then how are new people going to know they're even on here and not just about posting topics and debating but whats going to happen to the meet/events? :S
 fleursky
Msg: 52 (view)

Forum Link
Posted: 4/16/2013 12:22:28 PM
Not helpful for new members!
 fleursky

Long/short hair for the mature ladies
Posted: 4/9/2013 1:58:54 AM
as others have said depends on shape face, hairstyle to suit etc but I think above all people should have their hair however they want, nothing to do with whatever anyone else thinks.
I have fairly long hair and I've had it mentioned to me that would I be getting it cut as I get older. I have no idea whether I'll cut it short or not at any age, depends on my mood and what I fancy.
I draw the line at going grey at my age though, thank heavens for hair dye :)
 fleursky
Msg: 40 (view)

Thatcher is Dead
Posted: 4/9/2013 1:50:45 AM
pretty much sums up how I feel about it......

From Billy Bragg, Calgary, AB, Canada, on the death of Margaret Thatcher:

This is not a time for celebration. The death of Margaret Thatcher is nothing more than a salient reminder of how Britain got into the mess that we are in today. Of why ordinary working people are no longer able to earn enough from one job to support a family; of why there is a shortage of decent affordable housing; of why domestic growth is driven by credit, not by real incomes; of why tax-payers are forced to top up wages; of why a spiteful government seeks to penalise the poor for having an extra bedroom; of why Rupert Murdoch became so powerful; of why cynicism and greed became the hallmarks of our society.

Raising a glass to the death of an infirm old lady changes none of this. The only real antidote to cynicism is activism. Don't celebrate - organise!
 fleursky
Msg: 6 (view)

Home Bargains
Posted: 4/7/2013 9:34:06 AM
I had no idea what Home Bargains was :S

I don't do shopping, haven't been to a supermarket in over two months. I go to town about once every 2 months for about 2hours as thats all I can put up with.
I eat at work or out so never need to buy food unless am especially cooking a meal for friends/family which is very rare.
I buy cheese, bread, wine & odd pint of milk at local Italian deli on way home from work sometimes.
Don't buy biscuits, crisps, soft drinks, chocolate. Any essentials that I have to buy I'll just order online, so much easier than queuing :)
 fleursky

Dogging. Just a peculiar British pastime?
Posted: 4/6/2013 9:16:20 AM
hahahahahahahaha Col!! I didn't see it so have just had to watch it on 4oD :S made me laugh so much!!

Somehow can't see a PoF meet like that taking off :)
 fleursky

SPRINGSHINE AT LAST
Posted: 4/5/2013 11:10:41 AM
blinkin freezing here at Hove/Brighton, gales, rain, sleet bbbrrrrrrr :S
 fleursky

BEDFORD MEET - TOTALLY 80's - SATURDAY 6th APRIL @ SHAKESPERE HOTEL
Posted: 4/4/2013 11:19:44 AM
I wanted to come to this one but unfortunately am down in Brighton for a Hove reunion one this weekend, please could you let me know when the next one is.

Oh & hey there Bex!!! long time no see :) x
 fleursky

has your photo etc been used on other sites without you knowledge
Posted: 4/3/2013 10:54:13 PM
I have absolutely no idea idea if my photos have ever been used by someone else. I think if I saw them somewhere else I'd find it hilarious and kind of flattering in a weird kind of way that someone had picked them. Wouldn't bother me in the slightest, it's only a pic
 fleursky
Msg: 54 (view)

Men.....Hairy or not??????
Posted: 4/3/2013 10:50:52 PM
When I was in my early twenties hairy men used to make me cringe but as I've got older I've had a couple of boyfriends that were pretty hairy & found it gorgeous :)
 fleursky
Msg: 80 (view)

Do we judge our 'date' on his/her car?
Posted: 3/29/2013 2:17:02 PM
I don't drive but have booked up a weeks crash course in June. I couldn't give a damn what car someone has & I'm damned sure that if I pass most people won't like my choice of car but I don't give a shite so long as it gets me about & it's mine :)
 fleursky
Msg: 46 (view)

How much does religion affect your choice of date?
Posted: 3/29/2013 2:13:09 PM
It would only become an issue if someone tried to force their beliefs onto me. I have my own beliefs/religion and wouldn't dream of inflicting that on anyone as that's for me and I'd expect the same in return. Otherwise I couldn't care less what religion my date was
 fleursky
Msg: 2 (view)

When sympathy turns to social vanity.....
Posted: 3/19/2013 1:15:59 PM
I often see lots of these similar things on facebook, the whole 'share' a pic with a child dying or needs urgent medical funding etc etc. I hate seeing anything like that on a social networking site. I personally think it's highly inappropriate, sick advertising, invading the real actual peoples lives that 'joe public' know nothing about and don't you think that millions of people have traumas happening in their lives that they actually don't plaster all over fb & would rather family business remain private as it should be.

I don't get involved in anything I see like that & refuse to be drawn into anything that is there for 'public viewing'
 fleursky
Msg: 18 (view)

Eurovision
Posted: 3/19/2013 12:30:53 PM
blimey haven't watched Eurovision since subjected by parents when young :S
haven't heard our (UK) song but do love Bonnie Tylers voice

when is it anyway??? :/
 fleursky
Msg: 7 (view)

When I Grow Up I Want to Be...
Posted: 3/19/2013 10:51:49 AM
I wanted to be a professional sportswoman or join the army. Neither happened due to me having children fairly young although I continued with sports competing up to around 26 then just did it for personal pleasure.
I fell into teaching at secondary schools then out the blue a few years ago fancied a change & started working with vulnerable adults with severe learning & mental disabilities, am now running my own residential home.
I probably won't be doing this job in a few years time, as much as I love it as never know what different things are round the corner.
No idea where I'll be in years to come, I don't make plans, prefer to be adhoc life living & see what comes up, but I do know that whatever I do I do it because I choose to, would never do a job I hated :)
 fleursky

People looking for sex
Posted: 3/16/2013 1:49:29 AM
No it wouldn't put me off in the slightest.
There was a similar thread ages ago about how many people someones slept with and my answer is still the same. I couldn't care less what peoples past sexual antics were or how many people they've slept with, it's of no interest to me and mine is of no business to them :)
 fleursky
Msg: 33 (view)

Two People
Posted: 3/16/2013 1:45:52 AM
workers & shirkers
 fleursky
Msg: 12 (view)

Are you 'happy'?
Posted: 3/3/2013 2:38:42 PM
I'm an overly happy person with day to day, loving every aspect of my life from family, friends, job, house, hobbies etc. I know I can be kind of annoying to some as nothing seems to affect me when things go wrong or so called bad times as I seem to see a reason or the good in something which some people can't get their head around.
I guess if pushed the only thing that I'm not happy with is being single, but then again I always say it'll happen when it happens :)
 fleursky

Attitudes to sex
Posted: 3/3/2013 2:31:43 PM
I personally think peoples attitudes to sex have always been the same, we're just more open nowadays about everything.
As someone else said 'sex sells' and in a money orientated society has just been accepted more and people don't see it as such a big hush hush scandal anymore.
Personally I think it's positive :)
 fleursky
Msg: 19 (view)

Does Size Matter?
Posted: 3/3/2013 2:21:38 PM
I love my heels and don't mind if I'm slightly taler than someone when wearing them but wouldn't want to really be taller than someone without my heels on, all comes down to personal preference
 fleursky

Professional photos
Posted: 2/26/2013 8:35:15 AM
Professional photos should be for own use, magazines, family albums etc
Personally I can't stand seeing professional photography on sites like this.
I've had alternative professional photos done in the past for certain reasons and as much as I like them they do not reflect me as I am when I get up in the morning and go to work or normal day to day life so totally inappropriate to put on a dating site if you want people to see you as you look in the mirror right now :)
 fleursky

Really ??
Posted: 2/23/2013 1:31:29 AM
I don't recall anyone 'laughing' me into bed but can certainly agree that I will always be more attracted to happy laughing people than people that take things to seriously.
 fleursky
Msg: 20 (view)

Is music important?
Posted: 2/23/2013 1:29:34 AM
My music is very important to me and helps me daily with happy smiley mood, helps me switch off from work, I can go into my own little word with my music. As for a partners taste it wouldn't bother me in the slightest what they were into so long as they don't ram it down my throat. Everyone should listen to whatever makes them happy and shouldn't affect others.
 fleursky

Longest Relationship
Posted: 2/16/2013 12:11:03 PM
This question for me is along the same lines as the how many sexual partners one. I'm not in the slightest bit interested in their past relationships, how long they were, how many people they've slept with or anything else along those lines.
For me it's about the here & now, the today, if I like them & they like me and we get on then that's all I'm interested in.
 fleursky
Msg: 36 (view)

is online dating a lazy way to meet someone.
Posted: 2/16/2013 12:05:21 PM
It's very rare for me to be at home in the evenings till late (usually go straight out from work socializing or for dinner before I go home) so the occasional evening I get at home it's a welcome change to relax and come on here to have a look.
 fleursky
Msg: 30 (view)

How do you cope when your best friend dumps you?
Posted: 2/16/2013 8:06:39 AM
I had a kind of similar situation a couple of months ago although it wasn't anything to do with a fella, the issue was over a suspension/disciplinary at work, resulting with her not wanting to speak to me or have anything to do with me after 18years of friendship. A sad situation and I don't hold a grudge and would quite happily have spoken to her but at the end of the day if that's what it came to I haven't time to be running around after grown up people that want to believe certain things without listening to all the facts, whatever the situation is.
My advice, move on, plenty more friends in the sea, enjoy 'your life' and don't get hung up on other peoples issues :)
 fleursky

Your Celebrity Crush of the same sex?
Posted: 2/15/2013 11:13:27 AM
Keira Knightly & Demi Moore I wouldn't kick out of bed for all the tea in china ;)

Show ALL Forums