Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Tips on single parent dating childless partner.
 vulcangirl
Msg: 6 (view)

Tips on single parent dating childless partner.
Posted: 1/26/2007 1:03:16 AM
Thank you for speaking with me. I think I will try to post somewhat, the conversation I have with him....
 vulcangirl
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 1/26/2007 12:54:08 AM
I will, and we have, but we're just not sure how to impliment that, slowly have him discipline? Wean her to it?
 vulcangirl
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 1/26/2007 12:47:47 AM
That is another thing that scares me, the father figure role thing, I don't know if I should try to have that relationship vere toward more of a male role model than a father figure until I know if we're going to be very long term....He seems ready but also doesn't know the boundaries, I think I need to set some because my daughter is very bright and is playing some sort of a discipline game with us.
 vulcangirl
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 1/26/2007 12:40:55 AM
I completely understand and I've thought about dating only people with kids, but this guy came around and we hit it off on so many levels, and my daughter plays well with him...it's just awkward sometimes...
 vulcangirl
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 1/26/2007 12:32:29 AM
Thanks mope for the advise. I have been dating this guy for about 5 months now and my daughter has met him a few times. Our relationship is definately not based on sex, single motherhood and my full time job keep it from going overboard. I am just hoping on some tips for myself even, trying to handle this threeway relationship, because my daughter will always be the most important person in my life, he knows this. He just sometimes feels left out because I am a busy person....don't mean to ramble!
 vulcangirl
Msg: 21 (view)

16 month old won't eat driving me CrAzY!!!
Posted: 1/26/2007 12:28:16 AM
I agree with jafeica, a lot of children around that age go thru an eating "spell" Will only eat one kind of food or may eat a lot one day and very little the next. As long as you keep offering healthy food and keep them hydrated you both will make it thru this. Have you talked to your doctor about a chewable vitamin? They make them in gum balls, gummy bears and worms, and other more appealing things to entice children to eat them now.
 vulcangirl
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 1/26/2007 12:24:26 AM
I am a single mom of a three year old daughter. I was wondering if anyone had any insight or heads up for me? I am dating a guy who doesn't have kids and I am not sure how to handle him or my daughter in this relationship. How to help the two mesh well if that makes sense....Help!
 vulcangirl
Msg: 159 (view)

What to do about the dead-beat dad eppidemic!
Posted: 10/17/2006 12:34:46 AM
This situation is hairy. I just filed for child support on behalf of my three year old daughter. I am working fulltime and so is her father. The only time I've heard from him lately, (the last time being about 2 months ago) he only wanted to try to get me back by throwing in my face how much money he made. Now, knowing what all he spends his money on (part of being why I left him in the first place), and if he is in fact making that amount, I think our daughter should get some of that. I know I could use the help. I just don't know if it would be worth him coming in and out of her life trying to "play dad" just because he's butthurt that I left him because he refused to just grow up. I am not asking for back childsupport or medical expenses, just a resonable percentage of what he makes. This whole time I'm a little sick to my stomach that I couldn't get along alone and take care of her myself. She told me the other night "I don't want to see my dad anymore because he doesn't want to see me, he doesn't love me." Now I've never said anything like that to my girl. I don't speak negatively of him around her. When she asks where he is I try to be vague and say "At his house" or "He might be at work, honey, he just moved." Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this? It rips my heart out. Not to mention the fact that if he comes around demanding to see her because she took $100.00 a month or something and she says it to him? He'll blame me of coarse and probably not come around for another 4-6 months....help!!!!
 vulcangirl
Msg: 17 (view)

My Love Poems
Posted: 10/17/2006 12:13:02 AM
Is there a certain "her" in your life that propel these words from you? Thank you for posting another...makes me feel a little more hopeful that love does still exist in the world and everyone is not out for themselves.....
 vulcangirl
Msg: 15 (view)

My Love Poems
Posted: 10/12/2006 1:36:41 PM
I love your poems, your picture on POF caught my eye, so I read some of these...they make me feel warm and comfortable. I can't message you for some reason on POF, probably because I'm too far away. This makes me sad, I think you would be a wonderful person to talk with. I will leave this as it is....although I feel I will be back to read more poetry....
 vulcangirl
Msg: 110 (view)

What to do about the dead-beat dad eppidemic!
Posted: 8/4/2006 11:36:45 PM
How do I start here? I would like an easy answer also! I have not turned my child's father in for child support because I don't want her wondering where he is all the time if he shows up a few times a year "since I paid for it". He has given her 70 bucks since we split in December of '04. When he did see her, he paid little attention to her and talked more about being with me and how dumb of a person I was for not knowing he's changed (he hasn't) And how everything was him, him, him. I'd rather him just stay away than hurt her... I agree about the term "dead beat parent" bikerboyz, Mom's do the same thing!
 vulcangirl
Msg: 12 (view)

Help in Deciphering Online Personals ... humourous
Posted: 7/19/2005 4:40:20 AM
LMAO, great expectations there......bwahahaha
 vulcangirl
Msg: 34 (view)

does a guy not having a car affect a womans view on a guy?
Posted: 7/3/2005 6:01:22 PM
Lol, a lot of good points, my ex took my car so I would have to say the guy having one would be a definate bonus right now lol.
 vulcangirl
Msg: 15 (view)

Single moms. Can they have any fun?
Posted: 7/3/2005 5:33:09 PM
Wow, I am a single mom and I am a lot of fun. We single mothers do miss out on a lot of guys because of our kids, but I won't say I actually "miss" it if you get my drift. It is a package deal and men who can handle women with kids are special. Thank you all of you not-so-selfish men out there!
 vulcangirl
Msg: 5 (view)

a question for the ladies
Posted: 7/3/2005 5:24:52 PM
I hear you d00d.

Show ALL Forums