Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Dateing is all about race
 purplerider1200
Msg: 11 (view)

Dateing is all about race
Posted: 1/14/2019 6:14:38 PM
So you're mad because you want to date a woman of another race, but they don't want to date you. darn. I've seen plenty of women of other races. They, except for a very few, aren't very appealing to me. It's my preference to not date them. Just because I don't, does not make me racist. You may think I am. Since it's my choice, and your opinion means nothing to me, then you can go take a flying leap.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 40 (view)

Women can't hold conversations, that's why they're here
Posted: 1/13/2019 7:36:55 PM
'inconsequential' is how it's spelled, not 'incosiquencial'.

(spellcheck to the rescue)

My experience is that until you sit down in person with someone, you don't really know if they can hold a conversation or not.

It's pretty reasonable to assume that. Some people get a streak of lazy when they type out messages. That keyboard intimidates. From years of two finger typing, I just got used to going faster with two fingers.

I find most people online or via text actually come off as way more savvy and funny that way, and then in real life they are flat.

Well sure. Most conversation doesn't take a five minute pause in real life. Tapping out this one, I can stop and think about my next sentence. Go retrieve more coffee. Shoo critters in and out the door. Of course, text or online will get more entertaining. You weren't watching me mull over what I was going to say, or that I edited out some because it didn't sound right. Wouldn't that be a choppy mess if it did go that way?

This is where it makes sense to meet up in real life, in an asap sort of way. You find out quick if he or she is worth your time.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 66 (view)

Would you pay for safety?
Posted: 1/10/2019 1:47:00 PM

I have my own dating rules. For first meet.

1. Don't drink alcohol on a first meet
2. Meet close to home, familiar surroundings.
3. Part at the establishments door.
4. Do not let him walk you to your car.
5. Dress conservatively
6. Use a disposable phone
7. Only give your first name
8. Discuss work but do not disclose workplace
9. Check the left finger for tan lines
10. Do not add them on facebook or other social media
11. Give a friend his phone number
12. Have a friend call for a safety check or means to exit.
13. Bring your own vehicle or walk
14. Meet during the day for the first meet
15. Meet in a public place usually crowded at lunch time or breakfast

What about his dog's nose print? Perhaps a clump of kitty fur for DNA analysis?
 purplerider1200
Msg: 13 (view)

The Science of Happily Ever After
Posted: 1/5/2019 7:20:18 AM
I wouldn't speculate on the weather at all. Going back a couple centuries is only a tic or two, on the time clock of our planet's existence. Some, have said that the Mesozoic era was much warmer that it is today. Was it? To this day, no one has found a caveman scribble about one holding a thermometer.

It's just the same in relationships. Who's to say what sure fire way works? That book was written for only one reason-to make money. It's the information that's changed. When we can draw on hundreds of recommendations that are at our fingertips, then who's to say what's right? It's more discussable now, because we have forums to exchange ideas.

I think we really need to put a grain of salt to what we can read on the web.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 6 (view)

Organization; storage; household management
Posted: 1/3/2019 6:54:45 PM
Back when I was married, my then wife insisted we have a big freezer. Then when the split came, that freezer stayed in the basement. About 6 months later, I tripped a breaker. Down I went to reset it, then it occured to me. I hadn't been in that lousy freezer since my divorce! Down to that my first saturday, I filled two garbage bags with everything that was in that thing, it got unplugged, and it all got dumped. I didn't miss that, and I Really didn't miss paying for the electric to run it. ( Bet a third to a half of that stuff was freezer burnt)

I found, that watching that tv program Hoarders, inspires me to go on a pitchfest. I have one line that I say to myself everytime I come across something I haven't used in a while, I say to myself- "What the h*ll did I drag this home for?BYE!!!" Then I get to laughing at myself, and pitch even more.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 21 (view)

Would ladies give a chance to an extremely shy guy?
Posted: 1/2/2019 4:03:04 PM

Nah! I don't deal with shy people. People don't want to have a two way conversation, I stay away.

Point proven.
I just knew someone would come along, and verify that. The OP had to know, which is why I tossed that response at him, trying to save him from a lot of grief.

*censored*
 purplerider1200
Msg: 76 (view)

Ladies. how many messages do you receive?
Posted: 1/1/2019 5:48:46 PM

Men on here don't look after themselves mentally that way as i's so easy to message, so they blast out messages not realising that every non reply/no ty reply hits their confidence. They do not take their own well being serious. Not one bit.

That's what stopped me from messaging women. A man has to recognise when he's not getting anywhere with women.
It's not the easiest conclusion to reach, or accept. It's one that has to be made. Then, one has to learn to ignore the inevitable line- " YOU'RE not trying hard enough!", usually from some woman that likes to irritate men in some form. That's a test of your mental will. Are you going to go through the whole process again from square one? Or take what you already know, and continue to build on your resolve to stay out of the dating rat race? Your choice.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 12/31/2018 3:22:46 PM

Shy people equals "constantly need to be the center of attention, are very demanding and hard to please, unwilling to compromise and unwilling to compromise plus constantly expect others to draw them out of their self imposed silence

Not really. Most would just like to express an opinion, and be recognised.

"constantly need to be the center of attention" poor me, I am shy. You need to do all the work on phone conversation, first meets, coffee dates. Don't expect them to talk"

Most shy people will wait to render a comment, if it's something they know. They won't push their way into a conversation, like most who insist on making themselves heard. We call it being polite.

"unwilling to compromise" and meet you half. Expect you to take all the risk of reject while they sit there all shy.

Have you ever cut somebody out of a conversation? I have. Most shy people won't force their views on you if you have done that.

"unwilling to compromise " Won't try themselves but expect other to try to work around a problem that isn't even their own.

That's right, it isn't their problem. Why clutter up the problem you're dealing with, with points that have no bearing on your situation? Some of us do know to keep our big bazoos shut when necessary.

This information is brought to you by a fellow shy person that has dealt with people like you.
 purplerider1200

Posted: 12/30/2018 7:30:59 AM
I must have.

Maybe he didn't want to read the truth. I pull no punches. Ask a direct question, get a direct answer.

It ain't rocket science.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 24 (view)

Photos of ladies
Posted: 12/30/2018 7:24:55 AM
That works.
If I want to meet women, I take my dog Chloe out. She is every color a dog could be. Black, white, gray, brown, all in a mosh that makes her very unique looking. Put her in a low light situation, you'd never see her run past you. (I don't, and I've owned that dog since day one).
 purplerider1200
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 12/29/2018 5:56:47 AM
In a word, no.

Most seem to thrive on seeing people they know, or have met in their travels. That short, useless conversation of small talk seems to empower them. Some get drunk on the power they wield. I've never been a chatty person. I've stood there listening to those mind-numbing conversations, and wondered what they got out of it. Really nothing of value, except that they got validated for being in a certain place at the right time.

To me, it gets old, fast.

Whoopie, I saw Manny, Moe And Jack while I was out. We said nothing useful to each other, aside from hi, and that was it. Women don't think that way. Many will start to look down on those who don't know everybody and their old auntie. You don't get a pass on that.

You can be the most successful person in the room. Be self made, and owe no one anything. Buy the world and hold it in the palm of your hand. But if no one knows it, and you don't flaunt it, you're as good as dead in their eyes.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 18 (view)

Do you like horses?
Posted: 12/26/2018 1:46:24 PM
Horses are great. Especially when their owners call me up to buy a horse barn from me.

I can count on them to get elaborate with them. HELLO! You're wasting your money! Will they listen? No.
Go ahead horsey. Scratch your butt on the corner, bend it up, and scratch the paint off of it. DO the door! Lean on it so hard you bend the life out of it, and it becomes impossible to shut. I can come back and build a new one-for a price. Bored? Chew on the stall, ya big TERMITE! Get mad at your stall mate. Kick the life out of the wall, so I can come back to rebuild it. Don't forget to take a healthy leak on the outside of the barn on the steel siding. That makes it rust so nice! Force yourself against that swing door, so you just bend the life out of that $40 buck latch. While you're at it, do the hinges up right, make them unusable as well. Invade the hay mound as often as you can. Make your owners have me come back for a loft to install.

The only nice horse barn, is one that has no horses in it. Put some in it, and in ten years, that barn will look 50 years old that went through 2 wars.

Yup! I juuust luv luv luv horses. They make me so much money.

( A buddy of mine would like to give horses away. Just so he can sell them feed)
 purplerider1200
Msg: 12 (view)

What's Your DMV?
Posted: 12/26/2018 1:11:16 PM
I'll stick to the DMV. I may be out money, but at least I came away with something that's legal for a year.
 purplerider1200

*trigger* Have I broken it off too soon?
Posted: 12/22/2018 7:51:27 PM
oboy. And all I did was read the titles of the threads.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 71 (view)

i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/21/2018 5:26:16 AM
Stink bugs??? Want the one that just took a swim in my coffee? Great way to kill them, and the coffee gets stink bug flavored. I think I want something that has a better flavor, like dish soap.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 4 (view)

Is this girl testing my nerves ?? Please advice !
Posted: 12/21/2018 5:14:53 AM
She could be that busy. I've never had a vacation that wasn't a rat race to get preparations done before leaving. Bad planning, stuff not working right, or working out right, she's focused elsewhere. I wouldn't pester her about it. By not doing that, you could be laying the groundwork for a future relationship, just by not creating any issues. Sit back, wait her out. If it doesn't work out, you'll know soon enough.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 172 (view)

Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reason
Posted: 12/20/2018 2:50:55 PM
You didn't even get into the pins on a lock. Get one that requires master, and sub master re-keying, and you'll go screaming off into the night, after you've had a couple screwdrivers.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 171 (view)

#looksmatter.
Posted: 12/20/2018 2:39:52 PM
My aunt used to put my uncles pant on a pants stretcher out on a clothesline. The outer sides would fad in the sun. Great way to have two-tone pants.

No, those newer irons don't heat up very well. That's why I asked. Guess I go hunt up another old iron.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 166 (view)

#looksmatter.
Posted: 12/19/2018 3:15:10 PM
Last time I ironed something, it was the end cap on a new kitchen counter.

By the way- Can anybody suggest what brand of iron gets really hot? The ones I've tried don't. That last good one I had came from a garage sale, and it was older that the hills.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 14 (view)

Being on the Autism Spectrum
Posted: 12/19/2018 5:33:25 AM
Sometimes, you gotta hit what is pitched to you. You're doing it now, but you want more.

Having people sugarcoat things, and cater to your needs, doesn't help when that person gets fed up with the whole situation. They could leave you hung out to dry, and in a worse position than what you are currently in. I'm sitting here looking at a coffee cup that has a a very fitting saying on it-

Life's a ****, and then you die.

We all live with that.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 169 (view)

Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reason
Posted: 12/19/2018 5:16:46 AM

do women actually go through all the profiles and block all the men they're not interested in?

That's a good question. I'd see it as a great waste of time, if they did. If some women want to be that guarded in who contacts them, then they should use the filters that this site offers. But, it just might be that it's the filters that are blocking you, and not the person.

Has anybody pondered on that one? Or, is it just some doofus that did some adjustments to the programming, and it was just easier for him/her to use part of the blocking program already in place?

I'd say that might be why you're seeing that. It reminds of a little posted sign I see at the lock shop I work at occasionally-

"Some of my best tools I use working on locks, used to be screwdrivers"
 purplerider1200
Msg: 64 (view)

i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/18/2018 4:11:25 PM

Purple, was the wife eastern european?

last year i made "lazy man's stuffed cabbage" for my niece when she visited, we scarfed it, while the man of the house scrambled in the freezer for something different LOL

Nope. just an awful cook.

Which is why they invented the delicacy call a frozen pizza. ( A staple in my freezer!) ROFLMAO!
 purplerider1200
Msg: 159 (view)

#looksmatter.
Posted: 12/18/2018 3:58:51 PM

meanwhile, i think a lady posted about not being able to spot which men in public are single. the big hint is...look at our pants. we bachelors suck at wanting to iron our laundry. if a man has few wrinkles, there's a woman at home (tho it could be his mom) who worries how he looks when he leaves the house.

Which is why they invented "Permanent press".
 purplerider1200

Reconnect w/ a date from many, many years ago
Posted: 12/17/2018 4:44:03 PM
Last year I did the same thing. We met, we talked, it looked like we might have started dating again. But when I found out she was monitoring my facebook posts, that's where it ended.

My posts, are my views. When I get told that my opinions are wrong, then I see one trying to run my life.

Nope, I'm not going that way, again.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 53 (view)

i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/17/2018 4:31:39 PM
This reminds me of my late uncle, and his daughter. His daughter was setting out dinner one night, out came a bowl of cooked brussel sprouts. "Look dad! We're having brussel sprouts!" she proclaimed. He took one look at the bowl, "I hate brussel sprouts." he said He's eaten them for about 30 years, never said anything to his wife about not liking them.

It was the same with my dad. My father ate ham and cabbage, sauerkraut and sausage for years. He even ate the leftovers. After my mom died, my sister invited him over for ham and cabbage. Then the immortal words came out of his mouth, after he got off the phone, " I hate ham and cabbage" He said. I know for a fact he ate it for 38 years. It came out later that he hated sauerkraut and sausage also.

There's a point to being polite. The first time my wife set cauliflower out in front of me. One taste, and I got up, went to the kitchen, and retrieved a box of salt, and set it on my plate. "What's that for?" she asked. "If I'm going to eat salt, I wanna know its salt." I said I don't know about you, but when I have that, it tastes like salt to me.

An insult is only once. But I'm not going to go for years eating something I don't like.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 28 (view)

blocked
Posted: 12/17/2018 3:59:37 PM
If someone blocked me, they just wasted their time doing it. I'll never know, because I don't bother to message anyone. Is it some sort of power trip? Could be. How can you claim power over the blocked person, when the blocked person had no intention of messaging them in the first place?
 purplerider1200
Msg: 36 (view)

She's great but... she doesn't like bacon!
Posted: 12/15/2018 2:43:00 PM
Aside from a few exceptions, like buddhists, most vegans I ever met were drug users. Guess they thought that being a vegan counteracted all of the chemicals they put in themselves to get high.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 151 (view)

If looks do matter.
Posted: 12/15/2018 2:31:47 PM

I concur. I'd say 80% of men on here are looking for NSA & some may lie about their intent.

Uh,oh. I'm slipping. I'm used to being in 5% bracket. (or less) Time to double down on my effort.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 28 (view)

She's great but... she doesn't like bacon!
Posted: 12/14/2018 4:15:35 PM
Did it ever occur to you that some just prefer to eat cheap?

Anytime I go out to eat, I read both sides of the menu. I'm indifferent to a lot of unusual foods. Then two, I have an iodine allergy. Shellfish, some dairy, eggs, beans, bananas, mayo, unpeeled potatoes give me contact dermatitis. If I have a bout of that, I could scratch until I hit bone. Most of it comes from using iodised salt, which most restaurants use. Now, sea salt doesn't bother me. But I've gotten used to using salt sparingly. (My current box is four years old)

Wanna be picky? Go ahead. Just don't poo-poo us because we have to be.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 143 (view)

If looks do matter.
Posted: 12/14/2018 3:43:54 PM
Guess I'm in category one. This is nothing more than an entertainment venue for me.

Since no one could mistake me for Prints Charming, (Critters like me, that's enough) I'm not so willing to take on the care and feeding of a woman. (Too much work and aggravation)

"You would be way further ahead to meet a guy in the real world, don't bed him until you have met his mother or other family member who can vouch for the fact he isn't married, bat shyte crazy, or just plain unemployable."

Well, I'm out of that loop. I planted my parents years ago, my batshitcrazy sister is somewhere out in the world. (If you meet her-Run for your life!) I don't have to be employable. My customers won't leave me alone.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 132 (view)

if wishes were horses, beggars would ride for free
Posted: 12/13/2018 6:20:07 PM
Try being in limbo. You having no clue if people think you're best looking think on two legs, or should conduct your life with a bag over your head. You have a choice. Say almost nothing to people and become scenery. Or, become irate, and snap at people for any old reason. A third, is just be obliging, and assume that people are just being kind, but you're not datable. But just keep it in mind, that undatable person would like to take any object within their reach, and make you as undateable as they are.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 26 (view)

How do I word this?
Posted: 12/12/2018 2:53:43 PM

Oh, so if someone sends a short message, it's okay to ignore them, but if someone takes the time to write a longer message, they deserve a response? All people have feelings and emotions, regardless of the length of their messages.

If I responded to a profile, I always referred to what they wrote. It would take the better part of an hour to message one. All that I wrote to, didn't serve up a reply, at all. It took me two years, before I decided that messing around with them was a lost cause. It became apparent, that those I wrote to, were just too rude to bother with.

Sending a response gives a woman some hope. It's a false hope and that can be more damaging than no reply. You have no intentions of meeting her and you are not attracted then leave her alone. For as many men here that complain about "no response" there are women that complain they got "ghosted" after having what seemingly was a nice conversation with a man here. What would be your choice? A few crumbs from the table or the whole smorgasbord?

A few crumbs would be nice. Not even getting those, is why I just stopped shopping. Getting ghosted would at least give me a reason to continue messaging. Getting zero, is when it's time to stop, read the writing on the wall, and start doing other things unrelated to dating.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 9 (view)

How do I word this?
Posted: 12/12/2018 4:09:52 AM

I don’t just mean wearing socks that match..

Buy the same socks. Matching them goes out the window, and you can pitch the one with the hole.
 purplerider1200

So many fake profiles hard to believe anyone
Posted: 12/12/2018 4:03:03 AM
I read your profile just to see what we have here.

We have, a profile that looks quite a bit like a conversation between two people in real life. It may seem like some of it is drivel, but with the right guy, it isn't. A profile, is a condensed version of your life, and what you're looking for. It's hard to do, well. I'd bet, that in a meeting of face to face conversation, you'd rattle off a bit. (Or a lot, depending on who would be willing to listen to you)

Now, this is my observation from what I see. I see, an attractive lady, that wants to connect mentally with a guy. Your looks go by the side of the road, and it becomes a meeting of minds. Problem- guys don't want to forget what you look like. It's what they see, is what they're running on. You might be talking quantum physics. They're feeding you answers, just to keep looking at that face. And, you aren't exactly parking their looks as you talk.

There's nothing wrong with it. It's just happens to be the way it's going to be for you. You want an instant match. It doesn't work that way. Patience takes time to learn. At least, you're getting responses and get to pick and choose. Not all of us are so lucky to get that.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 15 (view)

why do I have no luck with girls?
Posted: 12/10/2018 3:53:28 AM

This topic amuses the shít out of me. It only shows that women are so upstuck on this website that even lesbos can't find a decent woman.

Did you expect any less? People get extra fussy over who they want to get involved with.
"I'm THIS way, and you GOTTA play by my rules!"
Yeah, this sounds like a silly statement. Go wandering through here, reading multiple posts by certain people, and it starts to fit them. Put them together, you'll soon see them arguing.

I've said before. Want a girlfriend? Be ready to toss all of your outside interests, and cater to hers. But stay interesting. How you can do that, is still a mystery to me. As far as I'm concerned, it can stay a mystery, because I don't want to find out. I figured out how to amuse myself. Saves me a ton of grief and aggravation.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 117 (view)

If looks do matter.
Posted: 12/9/2018 4:02:11 PM

"When you're 20 you care what everyone thinks, when you're 40 you stop caring what everyone thinks, when you're 60 you realize no one was ever thinking about you in the first place" -Unknown

I didn't give a dammwhen I was 20. I realized nobody was thinking about me when I was 25. I just forgot about them when I was 40. At 60, you get it right between the eyes from me.

See what happens when you ignore a person? They get surly.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 75 (view)

Are you ready to sleep with these two?
Posted: 12/8/2018 2:16:11 PM
I've had dogs since I was brought home for first time. A dog became my protector since age four, when a rooster came after me. Missy, my dad's boxer didn't like a cruddy rooster going after "Her boy" She proceeded to try to rip the rooster apart! That stupid chicken tried to hide in a bucket, as Missy would grab it by the tail feathers. By the time my dad separated them, that chicken had no tail feathers left. Thinking it wouldn't survive, he dumped some kerosene on the rooster's now featherless butt. That silly rooster did survive, and never came after me again.

Cats, I get along with. Cats can be fun. In bed, we play a fun game called "Kick the cat" Get me in bed, asleep, and I kick the cat off the bed. Many nights I've woke to a loud thud, the cat getting booted off the bed, by me. A sleeping cat DOES NOT land on all fours when sleeping. Surprise, Kitty! (LOL!)
 purplerider1200
Msg: 5 (view)

It seemed so promising.
Posted: 12/7/2018 3:49:02 AM
I'd bet good money that what he told you, isn't the way his life is. Or he's married. Take a wild guess, bet it's closer to the truth than you realize.

See this site? It's a licence to lie. People can be ultra-finicky. (And are, for that matter) He's making demands already. Want him to rule over you? Just from what you've said, he would. Just a casual guess, he's trying to buy you off. I dealt with a mate that had a jealous streak a mile wide. She'd do a slow burn when I talked to one of her girlfriends-in front of her. All I was being, is sociable. That isn't fun, at all.

Cut bait and run. You'll be glad you did.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 317 (view)

Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?
Posted: 12/6/2018 3:08:44 PM

the vid is a good one, never thought about guys getting comments quite like that.
But dont think it happens to most guys.

If it did, it's only in the last couple years that women would do that. You could say that it's because of the way he's built. I spent most of my adult life built just like that guy. But, since I doubt very much that I carry his looks, then, it wouldn't happen to me. I don't happen to have eyes in the back of my head, so I wouldn't know if women would turn to look at me as I walked past.

I've never been accused of harassing women. Best way to not do that, is never say anything to them.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 15 (view)

What are things you see in dating profiles that will make you sadly skip past them?
Posted: 12/6/2018 2:25:05 PM
I'll skip teachers. Aside from most being dems, a good many I've ever met were nags. Seems like they all gotta gripe about something.

Travelers are another one. I never was that interested in seeing Europe. Most wouldn't like the way I travel anyway.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 2 (view)

What are things you see in dating profiles that will make you sadly skip past them?
Posted: 12/5/2018 3:29:38 PM
Hopeless romantics.

I prefer to live on planet earth. Where shyt happens. Work gets in the way. Families create problems. Anything mechanical can fly apart. The guberment can decide to audit your taxes. Bills get in the way. Your dog thinks your cell looks too appetising not to chew on. Instead of keeping up with that, I find it's better not to start up with one.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 54 (view)

Posted: 12/4/2018 7:08:06 PM
Yeah, but he's a little homely, and the wrong sex.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 70 (view)

If looks do matter.
Posted: 12/3/2018 2:18:49 PM

Men are a bit more blunt about it as they are visual creatures. Personally I have to be attracted to them to send them a message. Once you meet attraction can fade or get stronger based on their personality, how they hold themselves, brains, whether they put out, etc.

While attraction may not always be the number one determination for women IRL, this isnt RL.

The following part relates to both males and females.

This is an online catalog where you pick out the model you want with the features and upgrades you're looking for. Most are like used car salesmen and will tell you what you want to hear so you'll take it for a test drive and hopefully buy it.

The first step is to get the customer through the door ... you do this with a slick ad and great photos (your pics and profile). If there's something broken or breaking it you either get it fixed or slap some duct tape, bondo, and paint on it to look new again.

Next step is the sales pitch. This is where you actually speak with/to them (messages). Like with ANY ad you want to tailor it to prospective buyers. Now you can fill them full of BS and the slick pitch telling them its everything they've ever wanted and hope they'll come see it or you can be realistic, giving them both the good and bad about it knowing that this model WON'T appeal to EVERYBODY but the ones that do come see it are much more likely to buy it.

Last step is the test drive (date). Now depending on which of the above methods you chose this can be fortuitous or disastrous for both of you. They don't want to show up expecting a brand new model at a reduced price only to have it be a discontinued model with no support. If they come expecting an older model with a bit of damage they are going to be much happier when they see its in better shape than they expected.

Leagues ... they aren't a tight classification. Someone that considers themselves to be a 7 has a better chance with an 8 and below BUT there are a ton of factors that move you up or down after looks. Security is a major factor. That doesn't mean just money but are they going to be looking for someone new 3 months down the road.

So since you've decided OLD is one avenue you want to take, sit back, tweak your profile, tweak your pictures, and realize you are a used car competing with 1000's of other used cars to find an owner. If you're not attracting the prospective owners you are wanting, figure out why! Maybe there is something about you that you don't realize is being sent out. Its like the sun hitting the fender at a weird angle and making it look like a huge dent. Like me being a 40+ still wearing affliction shirts and holey jeans, I didn't realize that was unattractive to my target audience.

The other part on OLD that no one tells you is that it isn't passive. You don't just put up a profile and some pictures and people come flocking to you. It's a part time/second job. You have to put in the work! I used to get about one response in 10, of those responses I met up with 1 in 5 (so that's one meet in 50 messages), of those I met I clicked with 1 in 4 (so we're at 200 messages to find one I clicked with). Of those I clicked with I'd get past date 3 with maybe 1 in 5 (so we're at 1000 messages to find someone to date).

One last item ... POF is a free site. Free sites bring out those needing a confident boost, cheaters, fake profiles, and people just wanting to mess with you. How many of the messages you sent were read? How many of them did you send while drunk and reeking of desperation (yes that does come through in messages)? Were your messages generic like "Hey there:)" or "You're hot!" or were they thought out? Were they in your dating bracket (i.e. a 40 year old expecting 20 year olds to respond)?

Work it like a second job.
That you don't get paid for. I can throw more hours into mine, -AND- get paid for it. Hard work that will be a net loss if you're successful. (Costing you even more)

Do all of this. You set yourself up for an assbusting pace that will last as long as she does. Relax, back off, and so will she. Might as well wave the white flag, and bail. Or stick with it, and dig the hole they'll put you in. You didn't wanna live that long, didja?

So just what is your reward for all of this? Sex? Uhh, no sex I ever had in my life was worth that.

Pass.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 50 (view)

Posted: 12/2/2018 5:49:12 AM

Whoa, after reading some of the replies on here I've realised I must have two heads of three noses as I only get the odd message every so often!

Gee! You're up to every so often! Lucky you!

Aside from one that I message every so often, this place is full of talking corpses. My last date was when I climbed aboard my Wing. She never says no. Which is a good thing.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 12 (view)

Do you feel you have run out of fish in your area?
Posted: 12/1/2018 3:13:41 PM
Yes. My hole has been fished out for years. If this wasn't free, I wouldn't be here. The numbers in my area, are about eight single men to one woman. Throw a couple filters in that, and I think I'd have a better chance of putting up a sign in my front yard advertising for women to stop by.

Pickings are slim, and getting worse by the day.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 8 (view)

Mom,maid or mat?
Posted: 11/30/2018 5:16:05 PM
Sounds like the fix cost is way too high, but, since your insurance carrier doesn't think so, let'em do it. Chances are, all of the cost is in the labor anyway.

Some jobs are like that. Your garden variety automatic transmission rebuild parts bill may only be a couple hundred. Fitting in a gazillion tiny parts in the correct order, properly, is what makes that job expensive.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 120 (view)

DEMOCRATS TAKE THE HOUSE. THE END OF TRUMP?
Posted: 11/28/2018 4:53:03 PM
^^^^ And you are very entertaining throwing tantrums when you don't get your way.

Keep up the good work.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 10 (view)

If looks do matter.
Posted: 11/26/2018 8:49:17 AM

Your age restrictions/preferences and your lack of real relationship experience are holding you back.

Lack of, is a real hinderance. Women won't look at you as formable. They see it as a huge drawback. No amount of talk will help. It's worse as you age. Trying harder makes you look desperate. It's a pain. This is where you find out how exceptionally cruel women are. Some get positively vicious. All understanding goes out the window, because they don't want to sympathize with you. This is where mental cruelty comes from.

I, sorta suspect that in some cases, this is when some women get physically battered. They've pushed the man to the point of breaking, and he does. I've heard women say things to men, that most men wouldn't allow other men to say to them. We keep our big bazoos shut around other guys, because we know.

That one hovers near the top of my list, of things I don't like about women. If I hear it, then they are treading on thin ice. I'll move on, I don't need that.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 115 (view)

My Cats are C*ck-Blocking Me
Posted: 11/24/2018 8:41:28 PM
Cats can be fun. I've had a few customer's cats get friendly with me, while on a job.

The most recent one, was a half-grown one that just had to be in the bathroom cabinet with me while I was changing out a faucet set. Where did the screws go? The cat was busy batting them across the floor.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 13 (view)

What is the latest name-calling Buzz Word you have heard?
Posted: 11/24/2018 8:17:15 PM

Symptoms (according to https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder)
Narcissistic personality disorder is indicated by five or more of the following symptoms:
Exaggerates own importance
Is preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence or ideal romance
Believes he or she is special and can only be understood by other special people or institutions
Requires constant attention and admiration from others
Has unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment
Takes advantage of others to reach his or her own goals
Disregards the feelings of others, lacks empathy
Is often envious of others or believes other people are envious of him or her
Shows arrogant behaviors and attitudes

Bet about half of the people I've ever met have had at least three of those tendencies. Five isn't hard to spot. Go to off topics, and you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a couple. I don't know about you, but being around these types wear me out. Those that are aware of their own narcissistic personalities, and hide them, can be especially annoying. You go along thinking everything is working well, then you get blindsided by it.

About the only way to deal with people like that, is confronting them with your own demands. If it doesn't set well with them, they will go their own way, solving your problem.

Show ALL Forums