Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Blind date do i go ????
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 9 (view)

Blind date do i go ????
Posted: 3/6/2008 3:09:21 PM
I set an ex of mine up on a blind date once - not because I was trying to help him out. It was that a friend of mine who was single, was always talking about what type of man she was looking for, all of the qualities she seemed to want - fit him perfectly. So to help her out, I set them up together.

So it might not be that she's looking out for you, it might be that she's trying to help her friend out and thinks you'd be a good fit for her.
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 23 (view)

Our Coffee Culture
Posted: 1/21/2008 6:03:46 PM
I am not a Starbucks person, I enjoy coffee at home - Maxwell House Smooth Roast.

I do grab a cup of coffee at the gas station some mornings when I didn't have time to make coffee before I left the house - and I do bring in the occasional cup for a male co worker who is handicapped and doesn't get to stop and enjoy the various flavored coffees the gas stations offer.
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 3 (view)

End the fun?
Posted: 1/20/2008 7:09:10 AM
I'm not looking to get married so the guys I date, I enjoy the time that we spend together and just enjoy the journey - its not always about the destination.
 Morning_Glory_

How long is long enough
Posted: 1/19/2008 7:01:48 PM
I tend to always date shy, insecure guys. With some of them, a little gentle push is all thats needed, they want to dance but they need someone else to take the lead.

But there are others who will never have a relationship with a woman because their mom has ruined them for all women, mom is the ultimate woman, mom's opinion matters more than anyone else's input, mom is number one - til death do us part.

Which type is your guy? If he's the first one, be a bit more assertive with him, see if he follows it. If he doesn't, then you'll know its time to leave.
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 35 (view)

In Your Opinion ~ What Makes For Bad Sex?
Posted: 1/18/2008 6:02:40 PM
I hate silence during sex. I've had to stop in the middle of a bj because the guy was so quiet I thought he might have fallen asleep.

Also no foreplay or five seconds of foreplay.

Doesn't care if I'm enjoying myself or not.
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 14 (view)

Petite Men - Do you get mistaken for Gay?
Posted: 1/18/2008 5:31:39 PM
Wow I didn't realize that this was fairly common for some of you men.

So I guess there must also be gay men that people mistake for being straight as well.

For the record my date doesn't have the gay mannerisms, he does dress nice and he has delicate features though.
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 1 (view)

Petite Men - Do you get mistaken for Gay?
Posted: 1/18/2008 6:11:34 AM
I am just starting to date a petite man - he's 5'10", 110 lbs soaking wet. He's very slender with delicate features.

He told me that everyone is always assuming he is gay because of his small stature, he said his family didn't even believe he was straight til he came home from college one weeekend with a girl.

I was just wondering if alot of you more slender, petite built men have this problem and if you do - how do you handle it? Is there something you can do to stop being looked at like your gay before anyone's ever gotten a chance to know you?
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 24 (view)

Weird First Date gifts
Posted: 1/16/2008 6:13:17 PM
aww I'm feeling so left out!

I've gotten a rose and a loaf of bread - the guy worked at a bakery. It was thoughtful.

Most of the time though I'm thrilled that he showed up and he paid for dinner.
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 11 (view)

Is it a disatvantage for a man to be open about kink?
Posted: 1/16/2008 5:45:28 PM
Vanilla sex - sex with no kink

OP - I am one that would want to know upfront. One person's kink is another person's vanilla and maybe another person's creep out.

I am pretty open minded but there are some kinks I could not get into no matter how much I liked the man. I've broken up with men after a few dates and finding out they are into water sports or scat play - Yuck factor for me. I can think of a few others that there's just no way I could ever be a willing participant, so if I was dating a guy that was into something like that, either we'd have to break up or he might have to just live without that element in his life. It really depends on just how important that kink is to him and his finding someone who also enjoys the kink.
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 11 (view)

Long Session Condom Problem
Posted: 1/13/2008 5:29:24 PM
Was your gf a virgin as well?

It might not even be a condom problem. It could be that she is just a very tight fit for your penis and until she loosens up, nothings going to help with the chaffing problem.

Walking would help her if thats an issue. Go for a long walk together and then later that day have sex and see if it makes a difference.
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 12 (view)

How do I help her?
Posted: 1/13/2008 5:19:38 PM
bring Ben and Jerry's chocolate ice cream and two spoons!
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 32 (view)

Why doesnt my boyfriend believe me????
Posted: 1/13/2008 2:44:13 PM
I agree with Smart Blonde on this one.

the guy actually sounds married - he's living far enough away that he can hide information from you, he lives with his "ex" who just had his baby less than six months ago.

To me that sounds like he's married and just telling you what you want to hear so you'll give him what he wants when he does manage to see you.

I'd get out now and not look back.
 Morning_Glory_

Hanging out with the Ex...
Posted: 1/13/2008 2:35:28 PM
Personally I've found that if I'm FWB with anyone, it makes it really difficult to put myself out there to find someone who's interested in a real relationship with me.

What you do with your ex, is between the two of you, but personally I wouldn't put myself in that postion.
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 19 (view)

Health Benefits of Semen Swallowing
Posted: 1/12/2008 8:02:13 PM
Now if I can just find the right guy for me so I can get my daily dose.
 Morning_Glory_

Health Benefits of Semen Swallowing
Posted: 1/12/2008 1:41:42 PM
I found this on Redbook's website and thought it was really interesting.

Q. My fiancé loves for me to give him oral sex and I have no problem with that (believe me) , but he wants me to swallow his semen. Can it hurt me? Are there any health problems associated with swallowing semen?

A. The good news is that it's beneficial! Recently studies have shown that regular consumption of semen can actually have some wonderful health benefits. Semen contains at least 13 prostaglandins and high concentrations of hormones that retain potency if taken orally. The quality of the seminal hormones is thought to be superior to even prescription versions. In the study women who regularly consumed their lovers sperm showed such benefits as a reduction in ovarian cancers, lowered depression and many even had acne symptoms lessen or stop entirely. It is thought that the oral consumption of the potent hormones had a balancing effect on woman's hormonal ups and downs caused by their periods and pregnancy or breastfeeding.

The key to the findings is "regular consumption". Only once in blue moon won't have the same effect. Those that indulged once or twice a week received little benefits. The ones who received the results were the ones who ingested semen four to five times a week or more! Now that's dedication. If this seems like a lot of work you need to remember that your partner can assist in producing it. All though preferable, a blow job is not the only way to obtain semen. You might be surprised how fast your man can produce sperm for you all on their own.

Oddly enough only married or monogamous women showed the benefits. Those with multiple partners showed no beneficial effects or even reported detrimental effects. This is thought to be caused by the differences in the hormonal makeup of multiple partners.
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 8 (view)

Breaking up with your guy
Posted: 1/10/2008 8:39:08 PM
recently I have had break ups because the guy got "comfortable".

At the start of a relationship the guy is on his best behavior (us ladies as well) and as he gets comfortable in the relationship, he starts to act like his regular self.
Sometimes his "regular self" isn't someone I want to discover more of and I'll break up with him.

My five months relationship this summer was fun at first, but as we got comfortable with each other, my "positive, happy" guy, turned into a cranky, grouchy, selfish man and I wasn't about to stick around and see what else might show up as we got to know each other even more. When I broke up with him he said "why, whats wrong" and I told him - I felt like I was dating a grouchy old guy and I don't like cranky people.
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 30 (view)

And you thought your relationships had problems...
Posted: 1/10/2008 7:32:41 PM
I agree with all the advice given, but I am just wondering who slashed your tires?

You said you had your tires slashed - do you know if he had anything to do with that?

If he didn't, what type of life are you leading that has someone else in your life doing that to it?
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 15 (view)

Should disabilities be listed on profiles?
Posted: 1/10/2008 7:24:51 PM
Some disabilities you probably should say something about so the person reading the profile can decide wether or not they want to make contact with that person.

Being in a wheelchair, being blind, deaf - I'd like to know that up front. Those disablities are going to limit what types activities can be done on a date. Plus these types of disablities you just can't "hide" or "wait til we know each other better" so its better to be open about it at the start.

If the disablity isn't stopping you from leading a normal life and isn't immediately noticeable, then I think its better to wait til you've established some sort of contact and are comfortable sharing with that person.

Anyway thats my .02 for what its worth.
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 5 (view)

How long ago would a condom have been bought if it has an exp date of 03/ 2011?
Posted: 1/5/2008 6:54:31 PM
Some women use condoms on their toys, it makes for easier clean up afterwards.

So its possible that she has bought and used condoms in the past year and not slept with anyone during that time. Maybe she bought them recently in hopes that she would need them soon? (with you that is).
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 13 (view)

Anyone ever try Singlesnet.com ?
Posted: 1/4/2008 7:10:26 PM
I get alot of emails on Singlesnet and then I'll respond to them and never hear from them again. No idea whats up with that - my pic is current and on my profile.

I also hate that filling in the text portion is optional on their profiles so sometimes someone will "wink" at me and it doesn't tell me anything but generic facts about the guy.

I come to POF for the forums, so far the best dates are guys on Craigs List - at least in my area.
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 25 (view)

Good or Bad meeting someone from Craigs List
Posted: 12/29/2007 7:40:23 AM
In defense of Craig's List, there are some decent people on there. At least in my area. I've had several dates over the past year that were men I met from Craig's List, unlike my luck on POF where the men don't even show up for the first meet.

I agree that it all depends on your region. In my area, there's alot of good people on there. (and yes we have our share of horny nut jobs as well).

As far as meeting a total stranger and his gf to get high - that would be odd no matter what site you found them on.
 Morning_Glory_

Shopping Meetup
Posted: 12/26/2007 4:55:49 PM
I had a guy approach me at the gas station - his gf was inside paying for the gas, and he told me he'd drop her off and come back and hook up with me if I was interested.

The other time I met a man at the library, he was good looking, a tad quiet. He asked me out and I accepted. At the restraunt he didn't order anything, he just wanted to "watch me eat". It got even stranger after that, but needless to say that took care of the meet a guy at a library fantasy for me! Give me the internet anyday!
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 2 (view)

Want some opinions...
Posted: 12/25/2007 7:24:17 PM
Invite him over, I don't see what the big deal is. He sounds like a nice guy, at least give him a chance.

I think this "wait because I don't want to seem too eager" or whatever is just game playing. If you want to invite him, invite him.
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 26 (view)

I just made a date
Posted: 12/25/2007 6:30:04 PM
OOOO I'm hurt. Its a free board, if ya don't like it , hit IGNORE.
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 20 (view)

I just made a date
Posted: 12/25/2007 6:23:16 PM
Maybe she was drunk as well when you made the date.
 Morning_Glory_

Uncommon Date Ideas?
Posted: 12/25/2007 4:10:14 PM
I'm meeting a guy this Sat, we're going to do a little ghost hunting/photography - hopefully the weather will be favorable.

I agree dinner and a movie gets old and some of the things we'd love to do in the summer you just can't do in the winter.

I like to take pictures of cemetery statues and old buildings, I told the gentleman thats something I enjoyed and he suggested if the weather is agreeable that we meet for an outing of photography/ghost hunting.

Its different and inexpensive - lets hope the weather is nice.
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 36 (view)

He only wants it from behind
Posted: 12/24/2007 8:41:18 AM
Have you tried playing with blindfolds? I had never tried blindfolds before this past summer and found it to be extremely freeing. Of course being tied up to the bed while blindfold is even better.

Anyway, if its an issue of he can't look you in the eyse during sex. blindfold him and tell him to just relax - you'll lead and he can follow.
 Morning_Glory_

christmas presents
Posted: 12/22/2007 10:34:53 AM
I'm buying myself season passes to the local theater.
 DoggyLove

Prostrate Massage - How do you?
Posted: 12/18/2007 5:03:12 PM
Has anyone here ever given man a "prostrate massage"? If so, how did it go?

I know the basics of it but have only tried it twice. The first time the guy was enjoying it but said I was hitting it at the wrong angle. The second time I tried it was the other night and before I got there, bf busted out laughing and said "are you digging for buried treasure or what?" I told him to shut up or I was pulling out the vibrator next.
We both started laughing and the mood was lost.

I've heard giving a guy a prostrate massage while in the middle of a bj is a pretty awesome orgasm for the guy, but I am clueless as to what to do besides stick my finger up there.

So any suggestions from those of you that have done this?
 DoggyLove
Msg: 79 (view)

Gun Enthusiast - Should I worry?
Posted: 12/18/2007 4:01:06 PM
Thanks everyone. Getting to know Carl, as well as reading this thread, has really opened my eyes about the average citizen having guns. I am feeling much safer and pretty good about my choice to date this man.

Carl is a very responsible person, I think its a matter like someone on here said that at least he's legal if he ever feels the need to have the gun rather than not having a gun and finding that he needs one. He's a really great guy and I'm enjoying getting to know him more and more.
 DoggyLove
Msg: 17 (view)

Death in family - Need suggestions to help my son.
Posted: 12/18/2007 3:47:30 PM
Thank you for all the kind thoughts and helpful suggestions.

My son is 15, he does talk to his father. When we talked to his dad on Sat/Sun, his dad was just about a basket case as upset as he was. His dad doesn't have any family in the area down there and is having to deal with the arrangements, etc with the help of just a couple of friends. He was with Brenda when she passed. She was in the hospital for her blood sugar and it was stablizing when she had the heart attack. (they suspect her blood sugar was out of control due to the heart not the other way around).

Anyway ex says he was sitting there talking to her and the next moment she was gone. Doctor's couldn't revive her.

We've invited the ex to come up this way when he's ready and things settle down. We told him he can come and visit even if it means taking Chris out of school for a few days.

I'm going to do my best to be sure Chris doesn't have a sad Christmas this year but her dying so close to Christmas is going to make that a challenge.
 DoggyLove

Death in family - Need suggestions to help my son.
Posted: 12/15/2007 8:52:13 PM
Earlier to night, my son lost his only living grandparent. She was my ex husband's mom. She had her faults but she was a good person and my son loved her despite all of them. She's been involved in his life since he was born.

His father and her both live in Ala, we live in Ohio. I'm a poor working single mom, there is no money to get him down there for the holidays and his dad doesn't have it either. Plus my ex is going to have to be dealing with the arrangements and so forth as he is the only immediate family member.

My son took the news of her death very hard. It came very unexpectedly, she had a heart attack, she was 52.
This is the first time he's had to deal with someone he's close to dying and is pretty broken up over it. I'm doing my best to comfort him but am at a loss as how to help him thru this. My telling him that she's in a better place or that in time he'll just remember the good times with her - isn't what he wants to hear.

My son's been to funeral's my grandparents have both passed in the last five years but they were older and he wasn't that close to them. My mom passed when he was a baby so he has no memories of her. This is the first time he's lost someone close to him.

Have any of you gone thru this with your children? If so how did you deal with it? Did something you did or said make it easier for the child to deal with? More comforting?

Tonite I let him sob in my arms and then gave him tea and just talked to him.
He's finally just now fallen asleep. I'm hoping tomorrow I can do more for him.

So any suggestions welcome.
 DoggyLove
Msg: 26 (view)

what makes you laugh?
Posted: 12/15/2007 4:32:46 PM
Finding out my date was a big Adam Sandler/Jim Carey fan - won big points with me! Knowing he thinks the same kind of movies I do are funny, won him some major points.
 DoggyLove
Msg: 4 (view)

Confused and need some answers....
Posted: 12/14/2007 5:38:12 PM
Maybe the relationship with you and your Bf has just run its course, you've out grown each other and its time to move on?

If you and he are serious about each other, you should be talking about this with him and discussing things that will help freshen it up between you. Seeking some new friends to date, won't solve the problem.
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 50 (view)

Posted: 12/12/2007 4:22:29 PM
Chell he left the gun and the permit at home. He did bring me flowers - roses.
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 24 (view)

working nights
Posted: 12/12/2007 3:46:15 PM
The man I just started seeing works 4-midnight, I work day shift. His days off are Sun and Mon, mine are Sat/Sun. So for now Sundays will have to be our date day which works for me since that leaves me Sat to do housework and something with my son. I'm not ready for someone coming around to go out more than once or twice a week as it is right now. Much less stressful this way.
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 6 (view)

Does anybody here have trouble dancing?
Posted: 12/11/2007 6:20:46 PM
Not all of us females are into dancing. So if its not your thing, its not your thing. Find other activities to do with a girl.
 Morning_Glory_

are some girls too caught up in looking for the perfect man?
Posted: 12/11/2007 5:32:48 PM
Sounds like your expectations may be a tad high as well from your profile. Plus your headline "Scotch..." makes me think you're a heavy drinker - not too many looking for that quality in a man, esp one your age.

The best dates I've had were with men that I met with absolutely no expectations about whatsoever. No pics exchanged (they had mine), only a couple of emails, a brief phone conversation and within a couple of days, I met in person. One guy I dated all summer, he's still a good guy but we couldn't get past the age gap issue and the other one I met last night.

So I think sometimes not having any expectations beyond "I'll meet this person for coffee just so I know who I'm talking to" is the best approach to online dating.
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 12/11/2007 6:27:20 AM
update, I had a very nice date with him last night. No guns on the date. We did the dinner and a movie thing - he has a great sense of humor and the conversation flowed easily between us. I've agreed to date him a few more times and just see where it goes.

As for men coming out of the woodwork - they aren't from this site.

Anyway, for now I"m going to just date Carl and see where it goes, he does seem like a really great guy. I'll keep an open mind about the guns. I appreciate all the input from all the posters on here who have expereince with guns. Thank you.
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 12 (view)

Erectile Dysfunction, How common is it?
Posted: 12/10/2007 10:50:49 AM
I've had several bf's over the past few years, as I'm in my 40s now, the men I'm dating have all been close to 50 or a little older.

Sometimes Viagra is all thats needed as its a circulation issue but sometimes its because they are certain types of meds that will do it as well. Usually if its a health issue they need to discuss the problem with their doctor to see if anything can be done for it.

Even if you are with a man who "can't", there are lots of other things you can do for each other. Men who can't get an erection can still orgasam and usually enjoy being fondled and sucked on. And all the men who've had this problem that I've been with were not shy about making sure I was taken care of. Several hours of foreplay and oral and I'm in heaven!
 Morning_Glory_

What to do when dating more than one at a time?
Posted: 12/10/2007 10:43:18 AM
I date more than one at a time all the time. For starters I try to keep it all casual, I let the man I'm with know upfront that I'm open to something serious if it were to develop but I do not go looking to be committed and serious after just one or two dates.

As for hugs, kisses, etc - I go there, why not? I'm an adult, dating other adults, enjoying getting to know the different men. I don't expect monogamy from them anymore than they do from me - which is where you seem to have a problem. You can't expect to date others and have the men your dating only date you. I just tell the guys I'm dating if they do date someone else, I don't want to hear about it.

Sometimes it takes a few dates over a few weeks to determine if someone is worth commiting into a monogamous relationship with. In the meantime enjoy yourself and give the other men a chance to show you how good they might be for you.
 Morning_Glory_

Posted: 12/10/2007 10:34:54 AM
I've been invited out by a gentleman who seems like a really nice guy. He's employed, has his own home, is always polite on the phone, sex isn't even brought up at this time.

But he mentioned that he collects guns, he hunts and he just finished a course which will allow him to carry a concealed weapon. He works at a bakery and he lives in a decent area. He said he just wants to be able to have a gun on him if he wants to.

I've agreed to meet him for dinner tonite and I'm trying to be open minded and give him a chance. But I am not a fan of guns, they do not interest me at all.

What I'm wanting to know is those of you that have guns or know gun nuts, what your take is on the personality of that type of person. Do average people have guns around "just because"? Is there anything I should be worried about dating a guy who is into guns?
 Morning_Glory_

Didn't know my husband was a woman.
Posted: 12/10/2007 10:29:34 AM
I have heard of this, not just on daytime tv, I've seen shows on Discovery about people in the past that lived full lives and it wasn't til they died was it discovered they were a different gender.

What I don't understand is how you can be married for 20 yrs and not consumate the marriage? Never saw each other naked? Never walked in on the other in the shower or bathroom? Never cuddled up close enough to notice something was missing? or something more was there?
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 23 (view)

I need some advise
Posted: 12/9/2007 6:31:00 PM
Have you tried asking the girl your chatting with out?

If a man IM's me and he just talks about various things and never says "Hey would you like to meet for lunch tomorrow" (or whatever) , I assume he's not interested in anything more than chat and I am interested in going out. So I don't talk to him after taht intial chat.

Could be the girls you are chatting with are feeling the same way.

BTW, your a college student, try asking out a girl in person thats in one of your classes - invite her to study with you over pizza or something.
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 4 (view)

Would you still see him?
Posted: 12/9/2007 5:41:39 PM
I agree, he's told you he's into group sex and is a swinger, you said you have to think about it. I'd already be gone, regardless of any of the other factors. Threesomes are not for me - I don't share well.
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 65 (view)

horror stories from online dating......
Posted: 12/9/2007 8:39:44 AM
wow what stories.

Sweetme - you must be an amazing person. I don't think I could take in the ex of a man I found to be insane. I'd just want to be out of the whole mess.

I haven't met anyone from POF, the crazies usually show their colors before we ever get around to setting up a meeting.
 Morning_Glory_

Masturbation in public places?
Posted: 12/8/2007 5:31:58 PM
Never been horny enough to have to rub one out in public. Now if I had a willing partner, I've had sex in a few public places. But by myself - just not into it.
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 14 (view)

Is visiting first right or wrong?
Posted: 12/8/2007 4:58:32 PM
I had a friend who let a man move in with her after chatting online with him for a month, he lived two states away. They met half way for a day, he moved in with her two weeks later - then it took her two years to get rid of him! He was a mooch!

She said she couldn't just kick him out because she felt guilty that she had him move away from his home and into hers and he'd quit his job to be with her etc. (Assuming he was honest about being employed to begin with). All he managed to be good for was watching tv, driving her friends away and sex.
 Morning_Glory_

so....
Posted: 12/8/2007 2:06:28 PM
In my younger days when I worked retail, occasionally I'd get a male customer who would linger a little longer than the others. Thats usually a sign he's interested.

So if you get one that seems to linger, maybe lets other customers go ahead of him so he'll be the last in line with you.. I'd suggest something as simple as saying "I'd love to chat with you longer, but I have to work right now. Would you like to email me or call me sometime?" if he says yes, give him your email addy or phone number (depends on which method you are more comfy with). Or you can ask him if he'd like it if you emailed or called him and have him give you his info.
 Morning_Glory_

Are women too Uptight . . ???
Posted: 12/8/2007 1:57:44 PM
If I have met the man in person and had a couple of dates with him - no problem with initmate talk. But IM'ing me and I don't know you, I won't let the conversation go very far as I'm one that pictures a man wanking off on the other end of this convo and it just creeps me out.

Show ALL Forums