Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: BEST PICK UP LINE EVER! lol..
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 105 (view)

BEST PICK UP LINE EVER! lol..
Posted: 3/6/2013 3:12:00 PM
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I have a gun,
Get in the van.
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 74 (view)

The 7 types of POF guys. Which one are YOU? ;)
Posted: 3/6/2013 3:05:57 PM
How about the very young text-speak guy who thinks older women R hot and wants you to HMU...hahaha!
And you didn't add Harley to number 5...
 zenpeacelove

Does it matter if he lies about his age
Posted: 3/5/2013 2:39:35 PM
I really don't get the lying about one's age. I am honest and would like honesty in return. Age is such a basic thing and if you lie about this I think it would be easy to lie about other things. I would just keep that in mind when thinking about taking the next step.
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 6 (view)

All inclusive holidays...
Posted: 2/25/2013 10:25:01 AM
All inclusive holidays are wonderful. A lot less to worry about in my opinion. Have you tried Jamaica? I have been to Superclubs in two different areas Negril and Trelawny, which is midway between Montego Bay and Ocho Rios. Both are on the coast so you get the ocean and water sports, Buffet dining and several different restaurants, many bars and room service. All included and not even tipping is allowed. You only have to remember money for the tax you pay upon leaving the island and souvenirs. Many of these resorts have packages that include airfare and provide an airport shuttle free also. The resorts also have some trips into town and other touristy destination, or you can hire a taxi. The resort usually has a list of trustworthy taxicab services. Happy travels!
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 31 (view)

Lower Back Pain Lumbar Epidural.
Posted: 2/25/2013 10:11:28 AM
I have had them done and I personally did not gain any relief from them. They also have nerve block injections that basically use close to the same technique, but they try to bathe the irritated nerve roots with numbing meds instead of steroids. I did have very brief success with that, but only while I was almost completely numb, lol.
I would say since steroids come with rather nasty side effects which you get to read and sign off on if you decide in favor of this procedure, I would try other non invasive things first...If you have a fracture then even stuff like a Chiropractor will probably have to wait. Don't feel like you are a bad person if you try some medications, just be aware that even OTC stuff comes with side effects.
Just know that it may be a long road and be prepared. Gather lots of information and do what you think is best for yourself. Best of luck on your journey and I wish you a good recovery.
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 27 (view)

Parents Religion
Posted: 2/25/2013 9:43:34 AM
My father was raised Baptist, but was non practicing. My mother was raised Shinto, but also did not practice after my birth that I know of. I was sent to an Episcopalian affiliated school for 12 years and was also taken to church during my childhood, by friends of the family who were Methodists. I LOVED the little grape juice communion trays there, but honestly, this was my favorite part of the Methodist church experience...
Early Christian exposure did influence me to the point that I tried to believe in God and thought if I was not "good" I would go to hell etc. But, I developed problems and had issues with Christianity and eventually moved away from the Christian church. I will let my child walk her own spiritual path, answering questions she may have to my best abilities and taking her to any religious ceremonies she may wish to see. In the end I believe it should be her choice, not mine.
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 115 (view)

Historical question: The most important person in the development of western culture
Posted: 2/25/2013 9:30:15 AM
Ok, I thought about this for a while and it's a bit of a stretch here, but if Jesus could be thought of as a person, and other Gods, like Hermes, Zeus etc. Then I would say God. I am not even Christian, so I am not saying this to be preachy or anything. But the idea of God and then the idea of living under a set if rules as given by God, either the Christian, Jewish, Muslim all thought of as "God" I would say has been the most influential, as the ideas of living a "Godly" life, looking towards God as the creator of all things including Earth, mankind, animals etc. Again, I think it is a bit of a stretch, but presuming that God is real, I would say that Western culture was absolutely shaped by, influenced by and had more to do with the shaping of culture than any other entity/person...Just my opinion though.
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 6 (view)

What does it mean to count?
Posted: 2/19/2013 7:49:57 PM
Very interesting question. Very thought provoking for sure...
When I think of binary. I think of a light switch. It is either on or off, ergo 1 or 0, but I am not a very left brained, math savvy person at all.
I think we count in base ten b/c we have ten fingers and it is easier to count these, and not have to pull off socks, lol.
In a larger sense, too me, and my not very "mathy" ways, counting came from us trying to understand things by quantifying them, and honestly, greed. The need to know not just my pile of stuff, but that it is bigger than your pile and also how much bigger...I don't really know just how much animals understand about counting, outside of some of the Public Tv and animal shows I've happened to see, I did see on one of these that higher primates like chimps can distinguish some numbers but also, with instruction and food bribes, correlate a written number to an actual number that it represents like three jelly beans to the number 3. In this experiment, the chimp was actually using a touch screen and just that impressed me quite a bit. But this is a case of humans teaching chimps, not a chimp in the wild comparing his food or mates or whatever to another chimps things. I never heard Jane Goodall speak about chimps showing knowledge of numbers per se, and if anyone knows, I'd say she would.
It would be very interesting to determine somehow if find out what chimps know of numbers in the wild, or if an animal with a brain as big if not bigger than ours, (like a dolphin) could or does comprehend numbers, and how...
Perhaps one day we will find out.
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 180 (view)

If your date used a 50% off coupon on your first date...
Posted: 2/19/2013 7:21:44 PM
Honestly, I would not car if he used a coupon. I would pay attention to how he tipped though. If he was a bad tipper that's another story in my opinion. Saving money is not a bad thing, but being cheap is. I hope this makes sense to more than just me, lol.
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 109 (view)

He loves me he loves me not after pregnancy
Posted: 2/19/2013 7:08:32 PM
OP First, I am so sorry you had to go through a miscarriage and a guy who obviously wasn't willing to accept his part of the responsibility. Please tell me that you are not still considering a future with this man. You sound intelligent. although love can make absolute and utter fools out of anyone (and I am one of them) not saying you are a fool, but we all do foolish things.
I wait eagerly for the day when male birth control is available by prescription and the burden of prevention does not fall primarily on women, b/c even though it has always taken two to tango many men often leave it up to the women even though the possibility many things like contracting a disease is out there too.
It is impossible to know exactly what happened in this situation, but I think he should have been more of a gentleman esp. if you were in an exclusive relationship. I think he was a jerk and should have apologized for being insensitive. If it were me, I'd hope to heal from the pain of the loss and and move on. Best luck for a happy future.
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 41 (view)

Solo trip to Hawaii islands???
Posted: 2/17/2013 6:52:14 PM
I would say take the time and effort to visit Charles Lindbergh's grave which is in a place called Hana on the island of Maui. When I went there back in the early 80's, it was WAY off the beaten path and took hours of driving to get to. The journey was on a long winding two lane road that went past some beautiful scenery, lush greenery, little waterfalls etc. It is an easy to miss spot it a tiny churchyard in the middle of nowhere and the gravestone is almost level with the ground.. At least it was then. I would love to go back there one day. It's well worth the day's journey, and an interesting little bit o history as well...
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 135 (view)

Snoring... how do you deal with it??
Posted: 2/17/2013 6:27:58 PM
If is a possibility at all, have him get a sleep study done as soon as possible. Sleep apnea can be treated and it is sometimes a life threatening condition.
My ex has a terrible snoring problem and finally had a sleep study done recently. The results are not in yet, but he will most likely get a an CPAP device which you wear at night. It forces air into the mouth and lungs, facilitating better breathing, deeper sleep and less snoring.
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 27 (view)

Does long distance relationship work?
Posted: 2/17/2013 6:23:25 PM
I think it depends on many things...The people, the distance, the time, meaning how long the parties intend for it t go on and if it will be a temporary thing until one of them relocates or if the couple is comfortable with a long term long distance situation. Some people have a significant other in a situation where thy cannot be together for some reason like one is incarcerated or must live in another state b/c of child custody etc. There are so many variables...
My opinion is to give it a chance. What do you have to lose except possibly a chance at happiness. Certainly, it is a risk, but almost everything in love is...At least in this age of the internet, and cell phones staying in touch is a lot easier than it used to be. Nothing beat actual, physical contact, but if they are worth it, they are worth the wait. Best of luck and happiness...
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 8 (view)

What should I do?
Posted: 2/17/2013 6:08:04 PM
I'm not one of them, but the term "Cougar" was coined for a good reason. They exist. Keep trying and you will find yours...
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 5 (view)

Your sense of entitlement is a joke
Posted: 2/17/2013 3:19:47 PM
Interesting, since you identified "princess" as the word to describe your personality. What is the purpose of this thread? and isn't it the purpose of people, not just women on POF to receive email from people who are possibly interested in meeting them? And from other posts, it's possible that your pictures are fake, and so you aren't what you appear to be either. It would seem that you are your own self fulfilling prophecy, princess. lol...
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 72 (view)

Why do most people think aliens are friendly?
Posted: 2/1/2013 4:40:28 PM
I saw strange light travelling across the sky once when I was a kid that started moving in a way that I did not think conventional aircraft were capable of. I remember being scared and hiding under the covers. Back then, the thought of aliens wasn't a positive one although I am not sure why. Maybe a "War of the Worlds" concept of aliens was in my mind.
Now, I fervently hope that a civilization that has achieved space travel, would hopefully be advanced enough that the destroying or conquering another planet would not be on the "to do" list, and "bring peace and helpful technology" would.
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 22 (view)

Would you vote for an Atheist president?
Posted: 1/25/2013 2:43:29 PM
Yes, I would vote for an atheist president. I think that there is too much religion in politics now and perhaps I don't understand the nuances, but I thought there was a separation of Church and state. My brother is an atheist and belongs to a group called "Good without God" For many, religions gives them as set of rules and a moral compass to live by, but then this unfortunately expands into pushing this on others and judging them as wrong if their beliefs are different. I think people are capable of being moral compassionate, ethical and many other things even if a supreme being does not figure in their thinking.
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 31 (view)

How would you improve the human body?
Posted: 1/25/2013 11:33:07 AM
Great topic btw. Fun to think about.

1.The ability to auto correct disease or mutation would be great. Enhance this to correct things like bad eyesight and hearing loss that come with aging. Since I have a bad back, the idea of self correcting my degenerating discs and nerve damage sounds awesome! Of course if we can correct things perhaps we can regenerate new and healthy cells faster and that might just stave off most age related issues , so we would get older in years but it wouldn't show as much. This would also apply to hormones and neurotransmitters like seretonin so things like diabetes and hopefully even depression would be cured or helped significantly. Regeneration would apply to teeth. So many suffer through the pain and expense of the dental nightmare. If we could just grow another tooth. What a great ability that would be...
2. I wish humans could turn off and on their fertility. That way people who do not want kids will never have to have them and people who really want children would not have to pay through the nose for fertility treatments or suffer the heartbreak of them not working.
3. I wish we could get some kind of baseline nutrition from sunlight and get water from osmosis (or something) through the atmosphere. That way nobody would starve to death. Food would still be preferred, but this could be used in times of famine etc.
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 142 (view)

Food for when your being cheap or being poor
Posted: 1/22/2013 3:01:53 PM
Beans and rice. Cheap, good source of protein from the beans and you can use brown rice to make it even healthier. When I have a little extra I add veggies like garlic, onion, celery and carrots. I have also added ground meat sometimes as well which makes a very hearty one pot stew. With just a little seasoning adjustment or different variety of bean it can be more like chili with added tomato paste, sauce etc. or, can just be plain old beans and rice when funds are particularly low...
I have gone through the ramen noodles days. Thank the seasons I have not the days when all I could afford were those...My daughter likes them though, lol.
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 72 (view)

Tipping, why and how much
Posted: 10/30/2012 2:55:30 PM
I personally always tip. I was a waitress once and really appreciated decent tips even when we were in the weeds, the kitchen was a bit slow or even if I wasn't on top of my game that evening. When I was a waitress we made a whopping $2.50 plus tips. And when I delivered pizza it was about $5.50 plus tips. It was truly sad that some people took "Free delivery" as just that. And yet there were always those (usually servers themselves) who went above and beyond and always tipped well. Sad that some people living in huge homes in million dollar neighborhoods could be very cheap when others living in tiny houses or apartments would give a $5.00 tip on a $10 pizza.
If I am on a date and they tip very poorly, I don't go out on a second date with them. I even tip when I am at a self service restaurant. I even give a dollar or two when I get carryout. Do I expect everyone to do this? of course not, but it makes me feel good and it makes the servers happy too. I also tend to get excellent service in restaurants even when getting carryout (funny how that works)
I also give money to homeless people and charities expecting (gasp!) absolutely nothing in return. Money is just money. It cannot make you truly happy, but to me at least, giving that extra few dollars in a tip adds to MY overall positive experience as well as the servers...
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 55 (view)

A School Girl Crush at 60?
Posted: 9/17/2012 9:09:23 AM
How absolutely wonderful! I am thrilled for you and your crush and am feeling the happiness. Living vicariously through you for now, lol. I wish you both the very best. Those butterflies, as great as they are can also scare the crap out of you sometimes, but I wouldn't trade 'em for anything. I may not speak for anyone but myself, but show that hope is there for us all. You just have to grab a handful and hang on for the ride!
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 13 (view)

How to keep it cool-- a different situation-- please help!
Posted: 9/12/2012 10:16:52 AM
He taught you many things and helped show you the ropes, but there comes a time for all birdies to leave the nest and fly free. There are other people who can help you with aspects of your business if you need assistance. Was he totally responsible for the hundreds of thousands of dollars you made? I am sure if you remember his advice and continue to work at it, you can still be successful.
It takes time to get over and ex. But it will get better, even if it is just a tiny bit every day. Best of luck for you and your business.
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 14 (view)

How much you pay for sushi, not part DUEX
Posted: 9/12/2012 9:19:53 AM
I absolutely want to check out that documentary, thank you for the heads up!
I would feel very flattered if someone went through all that effort (booking tickets etc.) AND wanted to shell out $300 bucks for sushi? Would I go? heck yes!
I think that the price is steep, but for the best sushi/sashimi in the world? I'd have to try it before I answered that. Fugu is on my bucket list, no pun there hopefully, lol. I would make the effort to find a certified fugu chef first. The Simpsons where Homer eats Fugu and thinks he is going to die is one of my favorite episodes. The scene where the "chef" punctures the fugu with a knife, and it deflates like a balloon is just priceless!
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 35 (view)

Dating with a disability
Posted: 8/6/2012 9:56:06 AM
You can't really tell by just looking, but I have a back issue that has disabled me since 2001. 3 levels of my lower back are fused, and while I don't use a cane or wheelchair, I have limits as to what I can do. Sitting in a chair for more than about 20 minutes is a pain (literally) lol, so some things like eating out, or even going to a movie are difficult. I also receive disability income, but have a BS in Biology. I have a very hard, yet rewarding job as a full time stay at home mom to little girl who will be 7 in 2 days! I feel like I lead a very happy ans satisfying life even though I have to deal with some limitations. I think the worst part is chronic pain, which can really make doing anything difficult sometimes, especially with a little one. But for the most part it can be managed.
Reactions can vary between sympathy/empathy to pity (which I don't want or need) I am up front telling people because whether I like it or not, it does effect my day to day life and I don't want anyone to think that I an hiding anything. A couple times a guy was very forward about wanting to meet me etc. and coming on way too strongly. When I turned him down, he used my disability as an insult saying that he wouldn't date a cripple anyway...Even though I wasn't interested, it was still pretty low of him to use my disability as an excuse to try to hurt and insult me. over all though I find that it does not seem to effect or matter that much to most guys, or people in general for that matter. I think that honestly is the best policy. If someone is mean or does not understand then they were not the right one anyway, and best just to move past them in my opinion....
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 16 (view)

Kitchen Gadgets
Posted: 7/21/2012 3:59:46 PM
Mine doesn't even use electricity. It is a little tweezer like device that grabs and pulls off the leaves and top part of a strawberry. It works much better than a knife b/c it gets out the whole thing. I love it!
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 8 (view)

Favorite Guilty Pleasure
Posted: 7/20/2012 7:11:51 PM
Honestly, there are a lot of things, and it depends on my mood, if I want sweet or savory for example. Right now I am thinking that heaven would be really good bread with a great crust and a liberal coating of good butter. One of the "nicer" grocery stores in the area has a wonderful bakery and enhances this by having the added decadence of French and Irish butter. Yowza
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 20 (view)

Reasons for rejection?
Posted: 5/23/2012 7:32:04 AM
Dating is, like life, trial and error. Hopefully when something bad happens, you are rejected or you make a mistake, you try to gain from the experience instead of playing it over and over in your head wondering what could have been different. Try to learn from it. You are young but even older people don't know the answers and deal with rejection. Look at all the POF-ers searching just like you!
The reason I have rejected a guy have varied. Infidelity on his part, or just general growing apart. Of course I have been rejected too and it can be a real kick in the self confidence and pride for sure. But slowly, time makes it easier to deal with and eventually experience helps too.
One day you will meet the right girl, until then, try to let your experiences make you stronger, not beat you and your self esteem into a pulp. Maybe work on your self confidence. Know that you are worth getting to know and date. That inner "happy with yourself" thing is attractive and even though it sounds cliche but you do need to be happy with yourself before you can make anyone else truly happy.
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 190 (view)

can a woman get spoiled by a BIG penis???
Posted: 5/22/2012 2:44:01 PM
Well, I would say overall it is a combination of size and talent. I'd say****hands+tongue is the trifecta most women are looking for...
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 29 (view)

thinking about hiding for a while
Posted: 5/18/2012 10:08:37 PM
I am SO sorry that some men have to show themselves to be such superficial, insensitive, hateful jerkoffs. I have gotten mean emails from men who are very forward even though I state I am not looking for hookups etc. And when I politely decline their advances I am then labeled as a prude, or stuck up, or lesbian, or slut, lol...Depending on the guy. Even though I have always been polite. I guess they feel the need to insult or shoot me down just because I did not accept their advances...And similarly, they are going all rude and macho just because you made that step and flirted first...
I know it hurts, because random, meanness and insults are meant to hurt...But just know this. Those losers are just that...Scum...unworthy of your attention or consideration.
There is that expression that you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find the prince...And you will find that prince one day. BUT you have to have faith in yourself first...and also be happy with yourself and who you are. inside and out.
If there are things you see that you would like to change, then try it out. Maybe take a little time off to build self confidence would work, or maybe checking out a bbw site where men appreciate and love curves too! There are a laundry list of things I would like to work on myself...I think we all have can use internal and external tweaking every now and then. And that journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step. For me, a new tattoo, or freshly coloring my hair makes me feel happy and younger, but it is different for everyone. If you are happy with you and feel that way. I know that there is someone else who will also see that beauty and confidence in you too!
and PS: Those "haters" probably suffer from other "shortcomings" anyway...hah!
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 7 (view)

What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?
Posted: 5/18/2012 9:44:19 PM
Heck, if a guy wants to wear lifts to be taller or even wants to try something else, like botox for wrinkles, why not? Women have done all kinds of supposed "enhancements" for ages in an attempt to tempt, lol. And there are even more treatments and things designed for men now, like hair transplants. And many plastic surgery procedures are being sought out by men too...Equal rights as far as I'm concerned. Now the results on both sides can be good or bad. And being enhanced can move to overdone and fake also. While I am not against trying to look and feel better, I personally don;t know what I would be willing to subject myself to, physically, or financially for vanity's sake, although I do have tattoos and color my hair...There ya go! So, I guess I am a bit vain as well...lmao!
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 2 (view)

Girl Advice
Posted: 5/18/2012 8:41:40 PM
Get a bike? Plant tacks in front of your house and then help her with the flat tires? She is smiling at you, perhaps she is just shy, or waiting for you to do more than say hello? What have you got to lose? Please keep us posted, and good luck to you also.
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 127 (view)

Cheating in a Relationship...which is worse?
Posted: 5/18/2012 8:17:07 PM
I took someone back who physically cheated on me, ONCE. I do not regret it only because we ended up having a daughter and if I had not stayed with him, she would not exist. Not to say that, in time, another child might have resulted from another relationship, but she (meaning she specifically ) would not have come into being, if that makes sense. I hope that in the future whether it be physical or emotional cheating, I would be strong enough to end things and not tolerate behavior like that. I would also hope to forgive that person in time, but not keep him as a partner.
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 91 (view)

In a relationship with a cellphone....
Posted: 5/18/2012 7:34:33 PM
I have just a regular phone, and I am not very attached to it at all. I text more than I talk, mostly because I don't really like to talk on the phone. The thing that kinda gets me on here are guys who want my phone number right after the very first email, which is usually "Hello, here's my number, call me" I'm not giving my number out that quickly, perhaps I'm old fashioned, but that's just too soon for me. I also run into people who send very brief emails too, using text speak too. UR hot etc. While I do appreciate the compliment, even when it is phrased like that, I would prefer the use of full words and maybe even punctuation too.
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 3 (view)

temporarily not working-can't find a date
Posted: 5/18/2012 8:49:48 AM
If a person is so concerned with your employment status, that they wouldn't even consider dating you JUST because of that, I would say (of course my opinion only) they are not worthy of your consideration. After all, it is not the best economy and I would assume that you are looking for work. The right person should be able to understand this. I have found that good things tend to happen when least expected. Try to be optimistic, have faith that you will meet a great lady eventually, and that if she is worth it, she is worth waiting for...Best of luck.
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 52 (view)

The background in a pic......
Posted: 5/15/2012 8:25:42 AM
I always notice things in pictures, but the background hasn't been a deal breaker replying to a message yet. Those driver's seat pics taken in the car get me. Do you take those in the rear view mirror? I have noticed that there are a LOT of those...lol
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 123 (view)

Single Dad w/Special Needs Child - Down Syndrome
Posted: 5/15/2012 7:09:03 AM
Perhaps my view isn't shared by other women, but I think that a guy who has primary custody of their child is a great thing. So many dads (not all by any means, but many) seem to leave the primary child rearing to the moms. The fact that you are willing and able to be there for your daughter is great. The fact she has Trisomy 21, makes this even more admirable. Any special needs child comes with more responsibilities, and extra challenges, like health issues sometimes etc. Perhaps the women you have met think that since you have a special needs child, you will be devoting most of your time and attention to your daughter, and not a potential relationship. And I suspect that some may be unsure of interacting with a child with special needs. It is a shame, because the Down's children I have met have been very sweet and just full of love. My daughter has a friend in school who gives a big hug and smile every time they see each other.
My only advice would be to have faith and patience. I am sure there is a lady out there will appreciate you both. Best of luck in your quest :)
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 10 (view)

I was wondering....
Posted: 5/15/2012 6:32:53 AM
I'm no techie, but I do know how to use the chat feature, although sometimes it does not work, not sure why though... If someone wants to chat, I will usually agree, but more than half the time, I get guys who start being sexual right from the get go and I decline (politely) and disconnect. Call me old fashioned, but I prefer "Hello, how are you today?" to "Wanna Skype nekkid?" lol...I have thought about disabling chat, but I do know that there are many decent, chat worthy potential friends out there too. I remain optimistic...
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 29 (view)

How do you protect your child from a monster??
Posted: 5/14/2012 6:03:49 PM
Here's an idea. Sit down with your little one and think about, and then draw a picture of her magical guardian. It can be any kind of person (angel, fairy, animal etc.) But they will be there to call upon should the monster come around. You can also put the picture on the wall once completed. Also, does she also have a special stuffed animal to sleep with at night? Sometimes having something soft to hold onto helps too...They make these really cool animal night lights now that project constellations all over the walls and ceiling. Maybe the "all over" yet gentle lights will be a change from the dingle bulb you have now. Best of luck to you both :)
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 156 (view)

The Other Woman
Posted: 5/12/2012 9:08:35 PM
If it was truly meant to be, then it will happen. Remain his friend, but I would not cross the "friend" line just because you don't want to be 1. His first rebound or 2.The woman that he cheated with. It's bad Karma too. If he is miserable with his wife then it stands to reason that they will eventually break up. Kudos for not wanting to be the "other" woman. If you feel "magic" there still, maybe he does too, but you don't want to rush things, or do anything that will make him regret his actions. Also, remember that in the past, another woman came between you when you were engaged before. You may want to consider if he is capable of being faithful to one person. Certainly, you would not want to get back together with him only to have another woman come between you again. Nor would you want to be the other woman like what happened to you previously. Many things to ponder. Perhaps that old chemistry is still there. Maybe the time will come where he decides to be happy and move on. Be there as his friend, but do not push. Destiny will win the day if it was meant to be. Be patient and kind, Be supportive and honest. I wish you the very best of luck with this. I hope things work out for all parties involved.
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 102 (view)

To go grey or not?
Posted: 5/9/2012 5:35:36 PM
I found my 1st grey hair at the age of 16...Eek! I started experimenting with different hair colors right around the same time. I am 45 now and if I didn't dye my hair it would be very "Pepe le peu" sort of streaked salt and pepper...I personally like to play with different colors and I find that they are both fun, and they make me feel younger too. I find nothing wrong with grey hair per se, but I don't think I look particularly good thataway. A friend's mother has been blessed with hair that actually turned snow white, and it (and she) is just stunningly beautiful, but I have not been blessed with hair that turned white instead of kind of skunk like, lol. I say whatever makes ya happy is the way to go...
 zenpeacelove

He/she still watches cartoons...
Posted: 5/8/2012 4:30:53 PM
IMO only of course, I wouldn't want to date a guy that did not like cartoons. It is part of most or our childhoods, and if you notice, many cartoons have jokes that only an adult would understand...This is not by accident...Maybe it's because I have a young daughter, but I don't think so because I watched cartoons before I had her too. Cartoons are FUN and help to keep a youthful outlook and perspective. Or, maybe I am still immature? LOL...I love cartoons and I see nothing wrong with any adult still loving them too...
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 10 (view)

Eggs You'll Love
Posted: 5/4/2012 1:43:43 PM
I grew up with Hellman's mayo, but as an adult discovered Duke's. I think it has a somewhat limited distribution area, but it is very good in my opinion. I adore deviled eggs and there are so many different things you can add to them. One extra decadent party addition is a little heavy cream to the yolk mix. Of course this makes them even more fattening. One of my fave's is just mayo, mustard (I like yellow mustard the most but have tried brown too and it is also good), a little seasoned salt and pepper and a dash of sweet paprika on top. Now I feel the need to make them. I am so easily influenced...lol.
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 7 (view)

arboreal VS aquatic human evolution
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:32:26 PM
While I think you make interesting points about possible amphibious lifestyle effecting evolution, I tend to go with the more arboreal to ground, theory in general. This does not exclude some populations having more aquatic experience that could influence them, but I think that perhaps this is more isolated, like those pops. of swimming monkeys (and there are several) Our gestation in fluid speaks to similar evolutionary characteristics during early development in many different species. If you look at many different embryos in early stage development, they look very alike. We even have very early stage gills slits (that close up), and even vestigial tails. I think the fat that human babies are fatter speaks to the fact that we do have less hair and need more insulation, the richness of human breast milk (Esp. after we started eating more meat) And the fact that human babies take a lot longer to mature as infants too, meaning they are helpless, and not moving eg. fat longer than other primates. This is is just my opinion though and I don't think of evolution as going just one way. There can be simultaneous evolutionary stresses/pressures affecting multiple populations in different ways...One big evolutionary amalgam.
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 3 (view)

Chemistry help...
Posted: 10/27/2011 9:40:20 AM
Best of luck with that. I had to take General and organic chemistry to get my Bio degree, and had to take it twice...lol...Always did great in lab, but had trouble with the lecture class...There is a lot of math in general chem, so brushing up on that helps...Keep on with the tutor and maybe try to study with classmates. Don't be afraid to ask the teacher questions either...You can do it!

Show ALL Forums