Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Staying with someone you're with because you dont want to expend the enegy getting to know another..
 oneofgods
Msg: 16 (view)

Staying with someone you're with because you dont want to expend the enegy getting to know another..
Posted: 10/2/2009 6:24:35 AM
I felt that way, but like some one else here said. I would rather be by myself and that's why im by my self. Now if the right one comes along, I wouldnt mind useing the energy. But your using that energy any way staying in a relationship you dont want to be in. Your cheating your mate and your self. So you have to make a decision or not. It's your life.
 oneofgods
Msg: 33 (view)

ok whats life lke at 45
Posted: 10/2/2009 5:54:58 AM
You ask what is life like at 45? Baby it's what ever you make of it. If you choose to let it fly by or indulge in it, it's your choice.
 oneofgods
Msg: 303 (view)

Profile Photo Does NOT Look Like the Person You've Just Met
Posted: 2/25/2009 5:26:18 PM
Yes, Yes, Yes. I met this guy after talking on the internet and then the phone. Then finally we decided to meet. He told me to wear some thing very nice. And I did. I drove an hour and a half to meet this guy. I didn't notice him because I was lookin for what I had been relating to. He recongnized me. He said oh wow you look just like your photo and I said oh my god you dont. I asked god to for give me and I took off and jumped back on the freeway. I cant explain to you what he looked like. This has happend three times. And I think people that do this make it hard for the ones that are real. What do one do. lol
 oneofgods
Msg: 82 (view)

why do people commit suicide in general?
Posted: 1/18/2009 8:30:27 PM
Some times people break down. Example you have a bad day. You do what ever you do to get over it. Some times it's like some thing gets stuck and you cant calm it down, you try to controll it, but you cant. You hear people very well talking with you trying to help you, but the more you try to explain, the more Drs and loved ones try to tell you what they think and feel. To make a long story short it's like a cancer that eats away at you every day. You try to fight it. thinking it will pass and it's like what ever it is on the inside that's trying to pull you under, you give into it because it takes so much out of you to keep fighting it. I am one of the lucky ones. Guess God wasn't ready for me yet. I'm glad because to this day I cant think of a reason why I would want to die. My life was good then and it's good now. There was a hormonal imbalance that was over looked. Now isn't that some shit.
 oneofgods
Msg: 39 (view)

Why does the media portray men as stupid and lazy?
Posted: 1/17/2009 11:05:07 AM
Hmmm there goes the media again. I don't watch much tv. It disturbs my reality. If I listened to what the media said all the time, I would be scared as hell. But that's just me.
 oneofgods
Msg: 21 (view)

Family shopping outings
Posted: 1/16/2009 7:15:55 PM
I have asked that question a million times. I tried it and lord knows I would never do it again. It depends on the person that's dealing with it. I asked my mom how did she do it. I had two of my grand children for the week end, was going to run some errands. Didn't get nothing done, because of all the extra stuff I had to do with the 7 mth and the 3 yr. Oh jesus, it's to much. But any way some can do it and some can't.
 oneofgods
Msg: 59 (view)

Ever been asked,Why aren't you married?
Posted: 1/16/2009 6:46:45 PM
When my friends ask me that question I just laugh and say because looking at married people pretending to be happy makes me want to stay miserable.
 oneofgods
Msg: 21 (view)

should an introverted guy bother contacting an outgoing woman?
Posted: 1/16/2009 6:23:50 AM
You never know what life has to offer. You know how most diamonds are found don't you?
 oneofgods
Msg: 9 (view)

The Distance Thing....
Posted: 1/16/2009 6:21:25 AM
I'm dealing with a long distance relationship now. And it is making me nuts. We spend more time on the phone than we actually get to enjoy each other in person. To many lonely nites, to many lonely every thing. It starts to take its toll. I actually feel like i'm single. If he was here, then I wouldn't be responding to this. Have a warm day.
 oneofgods
Msg: 27 (view)

Is the internet actually causing us to be single?
Posted: 8/20/2008 8:05:08 AM
It's funny that I come across this article. I was checking my mail and every thing and I just started laughing uncontrollably. This is really messed up. Has it really come to this.There are millionsa of people on these sites trying to hook up with some one. Some are here just for games and some are serious. So what has our world come to. What do one do? I am also searching. lol
 oneofgods
Msg: 42 (view)

What's Your Cure for a Broken Heart?
Posted: 7/17/2008 11:55:28 AM
I keep searching for that cure, can't find it, I'm trying to hold on and only one cure comes to mind. I fight with it every day. I try to be strong but I know it will happen i'm tired. My broken heart has no where to go.
 oneofgods
Msg: 61 (view)

Question for all you available women?
Posted: 1/11/2008 4:26:14 PM
I am very simple. I just don't like bull****. And like I read on here already by another member, sometimes you just say forget it. Because your tired of going through it. Two people can't keep a relationship if one isn't doing his or her part. That's just me. lol
 oneofgods
Msg: 194 (view)

Why are most men looking for Friends with Benefits?
Posted: 10/30/2007 6:59:49 PM
When I started hearing that term, it made me think about my marraige. Because it sounds like the same thing my relationship was. lol. We were friends with benifits.
 oneofgods
Msg: 25 (view)

Ladies, what is the most memorable line you heard from a man?
Posted: 10/30/2007 6:51:39 PM
When my man and I broke up after a 3 yr relationship he stopped, looked at me and said baby no matter who I end up with can I still come here for dinner.
 oneofgods
Msg: 31 (view)

Ladies, you have one option to choose from...which one would you choose?
Posted: 10/14/2007 7:08:34 PM
I would surely choose B. especially if he's going to be there with me. Dam that sounds good.
 oneofgods
Msg: 3 (view)

Why is it....?
Posted: 6/26/2007 7:23:51 AM
I use to ask myself that very question about people. Why dose it bother you that I am single. I always responed by telling them that it's better that I'm single by choice than single by no choice. I choose to be me rather than what others want me to be. I rather be single than to keep going through drama and bull.
 oneofgods
Msg: 16 (view)

Ever get that feeling that being single is all you are allowed to be
Posted: 3/22/2007 1:33:44 PM
Best I can tell you is to relax and enjoy life. Half the world is in the same boat as you. Do like I do. Every time I get depressed and start thnking about me being single, I just go around my married and coupled friends and they remind me of why I am still single. Unless you are lucky enough to be with the right one, the wrong mate is nothing but a headache. F*** the world just start looking at things in a different way. Make your life about you. Look at the bright side, who's going to complain to you.
 oneofgods
Msg: 3 (view)

Just thought of this...
Posted: 3/22/2007 12:59:51 PM
what do you mean?
 oneofgods
Msg: 1513 (view)

When the words just come........
Posted: 3/22/2007 7:47:38 AM
I can't beleive that you have never written like this before. It's all beautiful. You ever thought of publishing your words. Sounds like a good title already.
When the words just come......
 oneofgods
Msg: 10 (view)

What separates
Posted: 3/13/2007 5:52:46 PM
The only thing that seperates those two is a feeling. Which makes you wonder about following your feelings. Hmmm and makes you wonder about the one you ignored.
 oneofgods
Msg: 2 (view)

Is it a good reason
Posted: 3/13/2007 5:46:23 PM
Ok if I miss anything let me know.
1) you conversated
2) you met
3) you hung out
4) you had sex, everything was good and it evolved into a realationship.
5) you stated that you hated homosexuals, she got an attitude, sucked your****and didn't want to see you any more. Hmmm, it could be a good reason to break up if she is a homosexual. But if all of this happened in a months time, she may have did you a favor.
 oneofgods
Msg: 39 (view)

Lengerie Vs. The Oversized T-Shirt
Posted: 3/13/2007 5:23:10 PM
I love them both. The legerie is worn every day under my outer wear. It makes me feel good. My mom always said make sure your underwear is nice, you never now when you'll end up in the emergency room.
 oneofgods
Msg: 59 (view)

Do you still go to the Clubs to Dance
Posted: 3/13/2007 5:01:04 PM
Every chance I get. I dance all the time. I hope i'm still dancing as I get older.
 oneofgods
Msg: 24 (view)

what would you do
Posted: 3/13/2007 11:28:42 AM
It would be more understanding if he said he loved you but he still have some feelings for his ex. But like you said , it's your decision, but I couldn't do it. He confessed to you the love he have for another, which means that's where the heart is and you can't have it.
 oneofgods
Msg: 24 (view)

Difference...Guys with Sisters...
Posted: 3/11/2007 7:08:27 PM
It's not so much as if he had or have sisters but the fact that he was raised with women in his life. From my experience guys without that female connection growing up really didn't know how to treat a woman. But guys with that connection trated me differently. That's a question I always ask a man. I always ask how many female family members do he have and how close are they. The average man that respects his mother, sisters, aunts etc...will respect another woman. And notice I said most, not all. And this is just from my experience.
 oneofgods
Msg: 23 (view)

Women and their figures
Posted: 3/11/2007 6:56:27 PM
I don't know what is considered fat any more. My doctor told me that I was a little over weight for my body frame and stated that I should loose some pounds. I did, I lost weight, didn't like it, so I put it right back on and I love it.
 oneofgods
Msg: 53 (view)

IF YOUR PARTNER BEATS YOU DO YOU STAY OR LEAVE
Posted: 3/11/2007 6:14:32 PM
No baby, you need to leave. Evidently your nothing to him, but you are everything to your kids. Don't feel like you need to stay to keep the children in family atmosphere. There are plenty of fathers raising kids without the mother and plenty of mothers raising kids without the father. Staying will not benifit you nor your children in the long run. If you have girls they will expect that treatment from the men in their lives and if you have boys they will think that's how they are supposed to treat their women. You just need to get your head and thoughs together and put a plaln in action. I am far from you but because of your message I will be praying for you to have strength. It's a hard thing but only you can travel your path. Good luck.

Show ALL Forums