Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: What is best approach asking a man to provide a hatless photo?
 A6K
Msg: 43 (view)

What is best approach asking a man to provide a hatless photo?
Posted: 8/20/2016 8:53:14 PM
"Do you have a photo without a hat?"
If he gets offended then he's a boy, if you are worried about offending him because he is good looking then you're a little girl.
Obviously this is coming from a shallow person who only cares about the pictures and physical desperation.
 A6K
Msg: 45 (view)

Do you really want a THUG?
Posted: 6/17/2016 7:08:07 AM
Because a thug takes who and what he wants.
It's for more exciting for a woman to know the guy that takes who and what he wants settled with her.
It's not saying they don't want a guy to be nice, they just want to feel special. And you feel special when the guy who doesn't care about who's feelings he hurts changed for you.
 A6K
Msg: 16 (view)

Gender roles in messaging
Posted: 6/17/2016 7:03:50 AM
I think you think too much.
You seem to be approaching this from the point of view that the methods you're using, messages and profile is perfect and that obviously there is something wrong with the women.
The only common denominator is you man, that's the only that doesn't change. What you're doing, so maybe look at that.
 A6K
Msg: 325 (view)

Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?
Posted: 5/22/2016 12:25:19 PM
I'm more embarrassed from posting the wrong response under the wrong topic.
 A6K
Msg: 324 (view)

Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?
Posted: 5/22/2016 9:58:16 AM
I'm sure there are, but not too many people want to get married for the sake of being married.
I am interested in getting married to a person I want to get married to, but I'm not looking for someone to marry.
 A6K
Msg: 56 (view)

Why do men disappear after a couple days of talking?
Posted: 5/22/2016 9:53:46 AM
I'd say you're worrying about it to much. Don't let it be a problem or get to you.
It almost seems like you set an expectation and since you're expectations were not met you got frustrated.
Stop expecting anything to happen or conversations to go somewhere.
And if a certain physical trait is your main criteria for choosing someone to talk to, that might be the root of the problem.
 A6K
Msg: 31 (view)

Single in your 30's
Posted: 5/22/2016 9:41:18 AM
Yeah you can do what you want it you'll be wronwrey.
I'm pretty wronwrey myself these days, I've had my fill of doing what I want, now I want someone to do it with.
 A6K
Msg: 67 (view)

what do marriage minded men in their 30s want?
Posted: 5/22/2016 9:26:31 AM
Someone that enjoys my company and I enjoy theirs.
Enjoys the same things I do, we have fun together. That's it, a best friend and a partner.
Don't make it too complicated, all the other stuff should come later if you really do connect.
 A6K
Msg: 71 (view)

do woman mind if you aproach them to say hi in a supermarket?
Posted: 5/22/2016 9:21:01 AM
I would only do so if a woman gave some kind of indication she wanted you to say hi, otherwise I would leave her alone.
 A6K
Msg: 5 (view)

Pof does it help?
Posted: 11/7/2015 9:16:09 PM
I've tried several dating sites, never had one date.
Tried all the "tips" "tricks" and picture "suggestions" never had one date.
 A6K
Msg: 27 (view)

do woman mind if you aproach them to say hi in a supermarket?
Posted: 11/7/2015 9:15:05 PM
Depends on your looks.
 A6K
Msg: 40 (view)

No phone call, sparse profile, but wants to meet me: are these red flags?
Posted: 10/7/2015 4:51:08 PM
I live alone in a 2 story house, drive a new truck, am in the Army, exercise daily, keep my house clean, can cook and often make enough to take into work to share with my team.
But I hate talking on the phone, don't use social media, prefer to talk to people in person and creating a profile on a dating website is like nails on a chalk board, I absolutely hate it.

So you're telling me that this is the type of behavior that sets off red flags?

(No I'm not the guy she's talking about)
 A6K
Msg: 63 (view)

Avaiable man over 30
Posted: 10/7/2015 4:43:07 PM
Thanks Bill, but my life isn't sorted out at all when it comes to dating.

But my point was more that in my opinion when ever a man or woman says something like that, that they don't really mean that. I think it just means she has ridiculous standards and is waiting for Superman.
That's why she keeps meeting jerks....IMO.
 A6K
Msg: 61 (view)

Avaiable man over 30
Posted: 10/5/2015 5:43:51 PM
I'm 36, live alone in a 2 story house, drive a new car, am in the Army, never been married, never had any kids and have one dog.
But what would you define as "normal?"
I wouldn't say my job is "normal."
I wouldn't say the fact that I'm 36, never married with no kids to be "normal" to some people.
I still go out and am social but not as much as I used to because I don't enjoy it as much these days. I is that "normal?"

I'm always amused at statements like "Just curious is there any Avaiable " normal" man with some moral values respect with preferably no kids with Job, car and place of their own," because I've been available for a while now. And I think there are quite a lot of guys like me out there.
 A6K
Msg: 12 (view)

being picky vs Lowering your standards
Posted: 10/5/2015 5:28:07 PM
I tried dating sites extensively for a while, but after a lot of time and money I quit all together.
Because I wasn't having any luck what so ever and I'm not so sure it was my standards that were keeping me from meeting anyone.

My attitude towards online dating has always been that it was just an opportunity to meet people of the opposite sex. I work a lot these days and just over the whole hanging out at the bar thing. I didn't really try to set these standards for a "mate" and only singling out any one lady that met those standards. I just had expitations to meet a woman, maybe have a few dates and if nothing else have a new friend.

Perhaps that was the wrong attitude to have? I don't know, but whatever it was that I was doing never lead to meeting anyone. So maybe I'm lying to myself? Not sure about that either. Often I felt the other way around that women on dating sites had standards that I didn't meet and didn't have the same attitude or approach I did. That meeting people without the intention of finding a mate is just a very wrong way to look at it?

I'm not really sure either way. I kind of refuse to believe that every woman is waiting for Superman and every guy is waiting for Wonder Woman. All I know is that after all the time I spent I came to the conclusion that "dating sites are not for me" and that I must no know how to conduct or present myself very well in the digital realm.
 A6K
Msg: 30 (view)

Why do men disappear after a couple days of talking?
Posted: 10/5/2015 5:13:23 PM
Wow, the bitterness seems strong with this group.

I've never been on that end of things, because I've never had much contact with a woman on any dating sites. After a message or two they always disappear on me :P. Guess I'm just not cut out for it.

Anyways, I would assume they were just not interested, met someone else OR they were looking for one thing and you did not provide indication that you were willing to/making it to difficult to proving that one thing they were looking for.
 A6K
Msg: 566 (view)

I am noticing a trend in women over 30
Posted: 9/17/2015 4:13:23 PM
I've been told, "don't worry about your looks and height, as you get older they mature that stuff gets less and less important."
I get over 30 and every single lady my age wants a younger, taller and better looking boy toy.
FML
 A6K
Msg: 78 (view)

Why is it so wrong to not want to date a person with kids in your 30's?
Posted: 9/17/2015 4:10:07 PM
Nothing, but pickings are slim. So maybe that's a false assumption you've unintentionally created in your mind from lack of positive responses. You're dealing with a slim demographic in you're area possibly.
If you're short and unattractive like me, it's even slimmer.
So be glad you're not in my shoes.
 A6K
Msg: 144 (view)

Are men on here really interested in marriage
Posted: 9/17/2015 4:07:08 PM
I am, but I don't think any women are interested in marring me.
I don't think very many women actually are interested in men that are interested in marriage. I mean they say they are, but when it comes down to it they are more interested in the tall, dark haired and blue eyed guy that has 0% interest in marriage.
 A6K
Msg: 68 (view)

Dating sites good or bad for dating self esteem?
Posted: 9/17/2015 4:02:03 PM
For me it was devastatingly bad.
Like I've never felt so down on myself as dating sites made me feel.
I tried several different sites, paid the cash and never got one date. I tried everything I could think of, never got one date. So, I took all the advice on how to fill out the description, what you're pictures should be and how everything else. Never got one date. Started messaging as many women as I could, reading their profile and trying to drum up conversation based on their interest. Never got one date.
No one ever messaged me either. I never got winks, pokes or whatever the site called them. I would get a few responses, but it turned out she was just trying to be nice and wasn't really interested.
So the last site I tried was about to expire on my membership. I had about a week or so left and knew I was done with dating sites so just to see what would happen I changed my profile. Made myself taller at a height of 5' 10" and logged out. About 3 days later with time was almost up I logged back in and had 7 new messages. I just thought, "so I'm too short and therefor not good enough."

Show ALL Forums