Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Your Pet or YourRelationship?
 KiwiJewl
Msg: 491 (view)

Your Pet or YourRelationship?
Posted: 12/27/2008 7:12:50 PM
I agree ! The pet would stay. I am allergic to cats but if someone I dated had one I would not expect them to give it up for me.
 kiwijewl
Msg: 46 (view)

Never married & no kids
Posted: 3/12/2008 5:55:33 PM
I am never married with no kids-it was by choice as I had other things going on in my life early on due to school, taking care of family, etc. People meet me and say "wow you are so normal why aren't you married?" -like I should be missing my brain or an appendage or something. I think society places too much importance on being married. If you meet the right person it is great! I would rather not settle and wait for the right person.....
 kiwijewl
Msg: 20 (view)

1st meeting, she's late, no-show, no-call, was I stood up?
Posted: 3/12/2008 5:50:12 PM
I had this happen to me once. I gave the guy 30 minutes and he didn't show up so I left. He called me a few minutes after I left saying he was stuck in a meeting. My instincts were not feeling so good about the situation -it was weird the way it all happened. I say if she hasn't contacted you I would move on and find someone better. Don't give up and keep trying! You will meet the right person one day!
 kiwijewl
Msg: 16 (view)

What do think of a guy who doesn't go to the bars?
Posted: 3/12/2008 5:40:20 PM
A guy who doesn't go to the bars is a GREAT thing! There are so many other things that are healthy and fun to do. I have never met a guy in a bar that I would actually consider dating. How fun is it to stand around in a smoky room drinking trying to meet people? In my opinion Kudos to you for making a healthy choice!
 kiwijewl
Msg: 64 (view)

English is a second language... is it major turn off?
Posted: 3/12/2008 5:37:03 PM
I teach ESL (English as a Second Language) and I find that some people are leery of what they are not familiar with. I think Americans are becoming more familiar with other cultures. Just keep trying to meet people-don't give up! You will meet the right girl before you know it! Good luck!
 kiwijewl
Msg: 63 (view)

English is a second language... is it major turn off?
Posted: 3/12/2008 5:36:38 PM
I teach ESL (English as a Second Language) and I find that some people are leery of what they are not familiar with. I think Americans are becoming more familiar with other cultures. Just keep trying to meet people-don't give up! You will meet the right girl before you know it! Good luck!
 kiwijewl
Msg: 9 (view)

How many drinks is too many?
Posted: 3/7/2008 10:13:18 AM
I did drop and run after that and when he texted me instead of a phone call for Valentine's Day!
 kiwijewl
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 3/7/2008 10:11:34 AM
They were Bacardi and cokes-some pretty strong ones I do believe-I have since stopped going out with him after he texted me on Valentine's day but did not call!
 kiwijewl
Msg: 297 (view)

Say AA and watch them run
Posted: 3/7/2008 10:05:44 AM
Some people just don't get it. I am also a member of AA (I am coming up on 18 years on 3/10). You tell them you are in AA and they automatically picture the worse case scenario sometimes. Others are more understanding. I have found it is helpful to let them know I don't drink from the get go but the AA thing I bring up after a date or two. This way you are not scaring them off by giving them too much information. I hope this helps. Good luck to you!
 kiwijewl
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 2/16/2008 8:44:28 AM
I was hoping to get some feedback from guys in regard to drinking when on a date. I do not drink and I am new to this online dating thing. One guy I went out with on a date drank 7 drinks on our 4th date and 8 on our 5th date. It made me uncomfortable but wondering if this was normal for most guys. Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks

Show ALL Forums