Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Why did he do this
 seavoyage
Msg: 20 (view)

Why did he do this
Posted: 3/14/2010 5:29:05 PM
A fellow with alcohol problems will have a problematic relationship with himself. He would have troubling having one with anyone, I would imagine. He would use a person and his drink as a crutch. A woman or man facing drug problems will be in a world of trouble.
 seavoyage
Msg: 17 (view)

doesnt want a serious relationship?
Posted: 7/24/2009 5:27:54 AM
Well, you two are so different from each other. You are bound to eventually have conflicts; you sound like you will feel neglected at some point. This isn't about long or short distance. It's about the meeting of minds.
 seavoyage

My heart is shattered
Posted: 6/25/2009 11:52:16 AM
Dude, I think most people have checked into love-hurt motel. You're not the exception! As Forrest Gump says, "sh** happens sometimes".
I wouldn't move across the country for anybody not until the person has proved something, given me some kind of commitment. I think you should learn from this not to be so quick to give your affections away. I don't mean be afraid. No, be strong, but make sure the next woman really deserves it. You need to pick yourself up, don't feel pity for yourself, don't look back. Looking back won't get you anywhere. She is gone man, it's over. Is there anything you really can do about it? Not really. Is there something you can learn from this? Of course. Have I had a hard time before.
Yes. I am not made out of steel. No one is.
 seavoyage
Msg: 35 (view)

tired of being lonely
Posted: 6/25/2009 4:19:22 AM
It is rather normal to feel lonely at times. Everyone from Brad Pitt to Elvis to Angel Jolie or whatever beautiful person out there has felt lonely. Some people have better batting records than others. You can improve your record by working on your technique i.e. attitude. At least, that's my take.
 seavoyage
Msg: 9 (view)

my brother got stabbed to death
Posted: 6/20/2009 9:59:26 AM
You have my deepest condolence. It could take someone years to get over this. You do know that the traditional time for mourning is one year. It hasn't even been one year, my dear suffering friend. My deepest condolences to the two people who posted about losing their brothers. That's extremely painful.
 seavoyage
Msg: 7 (view)

what do i need?
Posted: 6/20/2009 9:55:39 AM
(1) In my opinion, you're a beautiful woman. That's definitely a plus to be beautiful. I am sure many guys would agree. (2) You said that you are lonely. That means deep-down you want someone to love you and to feel loved.
(3) No one can really make you feel normal, only you can do that. So, you need to see the beauty in life, the blessings you have in your life, and consider that every day you wake up someone else did not. (4)If the job is not working for you (only you can know), then change it.

I hope the above helps, but only you truly can have the answer, and you need to know more in your spirit what you need and be honest about it. Someone who is lonely doesn't just want a mail pal. So, you are sending conflicting signals to yourself.
Just be straight about you want, and that's not having just a mail pal.
 seavoyage
Msg: 99 (view)

Women can be really shallow.
Posted: 4/1/2009 10:34:12 AM
Dude, she is 19, and you are 33. That's not usually a good idea.
Guys and girls that age do that kind of thing. They live the fast life quite often, and you talk about her being a slut or what have you, but guys and girls hit the clubs and go home with someone. They're human.
 seavoyage
Msg: 146 (view)

Anyone else feel like giving up because of being unsuccessful?
Posted: 2/2/2009 5:50:54 PM
Very Green eyes, if relationships are like studying, getting the grade, and we aren't somehow getting the results we want, then I guess we aren't learning. We have to kind of change things around instead of blaming the universe or God because when we say we want to give up, it's as if we are saying that some force out there is conspiring against us, we are destined to fail, we're cursed, what have you?
 seavoyage
Msg: 133 (view)

Anyone else feel like giving up because of being unsuccessful?
Posted: 2/1/2009 6:54:14 AM
I am not sure you can really just give up. I suppose you could, but what would you achieve? You have to becareful not be in the state of mind where you resent the men or women out there or that you are angry at the world for not delivering mr. or mrs. right. Dating is definitely not easy! I am sure we can all generally agree with that. It may have been easier for some than others. It's what we bring to the table, in the end.
Our relationships, I guess, are as good as we are....
 seavoyage
Msg: 57 (view)

Vegetables
Posted: 2/1/2009 6:48:18 AM
I definitely make a point to eat vegetables. I eat parsley, bell peppers, potatoes, cucumbers, and celery. I don't eat a lot of fruits except that I consume a lot of lemon water.
 seavoyage

Supposing you meet a woman in real life
Posted: 12/21/2008 7:35:06 PM
It depends on so many factors like the man, the woman, the frame of mood both people are in. In many cases, if you find someone attractive, and you are single and you find you like her personality as well, things can happen. However, we don't know what the person thinks about you beyond your looks. People sometimes get nervous to ask someone out who is part of their social circle, and some men can be shy about it, and others can be aggressive about it. A woman can test the waters and get an idea of what he thinks.
 seavoyage
Msg: 6 (view)

will the love of my life ever be with me?
Posted: 12/18/2008 7:58:15 AM
Yes, you can love more than one woman at the same time. It is possible. However, in this situation you said he has a girlfriend. He has a responsibility to her and the children. It would hurt her if he left her for you. I would suggest you spend less time with him. If he really wanted to be with you, he would think of how. Leaving his girlfriend would possibly lead to a big mess.
 seavoyage
Msg: 5 (view)

When is it time to cut losses?
Posted: 10/6/2008 9:06:16 AM
Well, what if he was going out with one more person and decided he wanted to go out with a particular girl that was more suitable? Most females or males would just stop contact, I think. I am not the kind to usually have more than one date in a day, though I've done that recently, but one was sort of on friendly terms, so that was okay. There is no commitment when you've only had three dates unless the person of the opposite sex said something to indicate that. You didn't say if such a thing occured.
 seavoyage
Msg: 11 (view)

Is it Possible?
Posted: 9/30/2008 8:33:52 AM
You are attractive in this certain way if you haven't looked in the mirror. It doesn't matter if you are overweight. Many overweight women are rather beautiful. Why does it matter that he is accustomed to women who are not, but is now with a woman who is overweight that he is clearly attracted to in more than one way, and it is also physical. There is chemistry. He clearly wants to be with you.
I am sure if he is very affectionate with you then he feels a connection and attraction. You have nothing to worry about.
 seavoyage

Is he really interested in something more?
Posted: 9/30/2008 8:26:07 AM
Since you broke up and you've been apart, he could be nervous about being direct, just as you are nervous about it. What if you just said to him, "You know, I enjoyed so many of the times we spent together, and I still kind of like you, and just thought I would say that for old time's sake". And then, you can get a response from him, because he would have an opening. Basically, communicate with him. I do that with women I am with and into.
 seavoyage
Msg: 16 (view)

Comes on strong then dies out...
Posted: 9/23/2008 8:53:48 AM
I think some men and women don't really know what they want. Some are also too enamored with the chase. They are not used to the idea of something straightforward, simple. Some men want a challenge. It all depends. Some people are so into looking for this amazing magical moment where Mars and Jupiter shake. In the beginning, usually, a guy or girl shouldn't be too crazily interested, because they don't know enough yet about the person to really decide if that person is compatible or someone they would get along with. I've made that mistake in the past, so I like to take my time now.
 seavoyage
Msg: 130 (view)

10,000 year old underwater pyramids found
Posted: 9/23/2008 8:42:13 AM
We do not know if there is a connection between those of Latin America and the Ancient Egyptians. I believe I read on the BBC of the trace of coca in one of the pharaohs which could have only come from the Americas. It is possible that there was contact with different civilizations, but it doesn't mean it was a close connection. It took a long to travel from one part of the world to another part of the world. I heard about that there possibly being a pyramid at yonaguni, but the scientific community hasn't substantiated as far as I know. What about those who say that the Egyptians didn't build the pyramids and someone older than them did. Where did that wild theory come from? I think we have to be very careful about imposing esoteric ideas on science, not that they should be dismissed. We just have to be careful not embrace Velikovsky like ideas about the end of the world.
 Seavoyage
Msg: 140 (view)

Are strong independant women a turn off?
Posted: 8/23/2008 8:25:22 AM
Frankly, I can tell you that I like a woman who is modest, likes to show that she is feminine (is not embarassed to do so), appreciates a man who is trying to be a gentleman and courteous, doesn't need to emphasize that she is independent and emphasizes that she expects respect as a person and a woman, and that both people regardless of gender should have some independence. Generally, I think most men prefer a woman who has some of the stereotypical female qualities, but they want a woman who is strong enough to hold her own side of the fort, so to speak, and be an asset to the man, just as she expects a man to be an asset. They need to complement each other in the end. I like someone who has a cooperative spirit.
 Seavoyage
Msg: 38 (view)

why men want women to have all this..
Posted: 8/18/2008 10:52:37 PM
Who said that's what men want. I didn't know someone made you the spokesperson for men. I like a woman in a red dress, red shoes, but I really don't care. If I am attracted and she comes in decent looking jeans and a t-shirt, then I don't care. If we get along, then I really don't care. Most men don't care about that and most women don't dress up like that.
 Seavoyage

I screwed up. Bad. Help!
Posted: 8/15/2008 8:31:58 AM
Well, we all have issues. However, when a woman takes thing on a man in a bad way it will scare the man away. The majority of people have dysfunctional families. There is no rocket science to that statement, and we shouldn't use that to sabotage ourselves. You should have a positive attitude with a person of the opposite sex and think of what you can give him and what he can give you not about how he can rescue from your issues or vice versa, because both people have needs. I think an interesting book is called "How to get the love you want" by Harville Hendrix. An older female friend recommended, and I like the ideas the expert has in the book.
 Seavoyage
Msg: 78 (view)

overweight women
Posted: 8/14/2008 11:55:09 PM
What does weight have to do with it? Some guys like thin girls, some guys like chubby girls. You are not attracting the guys who like either for some reason. You can't blame it on your weight so much if you have the right attitude. Your profile is at issue. Many men are not going to wait to have sex before marriage unless you are in some extremely conservative area. I don't think that's realistic. Also, the way your profile written is not so good. You should edit it. A profile is very key along with pictures in attracting males, let's face it. If you sound complicated via your profile and don't have many pictures, we are generally not interested as males.
 Seavoyage
Msg: 14 (view)

Age difference? acceptable or not?
Posted: 7/27/2008 4:09:15 AM
I suppose, you could be persistent. Don't give up:)
 Seavoyage
Msg: 54 (view)

If she gave you biracial children?
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:35:28 AM
Many Asians have a hard time dating white women, because they are ashamed to tell their parents. I am sort of interested in this girl, but this Asian guy is dating her, but he can't tell his parents, so he only sees her once in a while. Basically, it goes both ways. Many white girls were dumped where I live, because in the end he couldn't bring a white girl home to mom. There are plenty of exceptions, but small-minded exists everywhere in the world, believe me.
 Seavoyage
Msg: 2 (view)

He wanted his space............
Posted: 7/25/2008 8:45:55 AM
I disagree with the gentleman who said he was never into you. He just decided he wanted to be with the boss's wife who was more accessible. Females do the same thing. Someone else is closer, and she decides to find an excuse to leave the man, because it's easier than saying you are interested in someone else now. I am very sorry for your pain.
 seavoyage
Msg: 25 (view)

I love girly girls
Posted: 7/25/2008 5:06:04 AM
I sort of like women in the middle. I don't mind who dresses in jeans, but I like her to be very feminine, to smell nice, occassionally be into doing her nails and hair. I think many, many guys like that. It would be nice for her to let her hair down and not mind getting dirty once in a while, though.
 seavoyage
Msg: 51 (view)

If she gave you biracial children?
Posted: 7/25/2008 4:57:37 AM
I live in South Korea, and there are thousands of Canadians and Americans over here. Many of them have Korean wives and girlfriends and some have Phillipina wives and many of them have children and think the Asian women are gorgeous and have no problem if the kid has small eyes. Most people who are from a major North American city who had educated parents don't really have a problem with that. I generally prefer to date a Caucasian female, but if I met a great Asian woman, and I slept with her and was married to her, I would be more than happy to have a child with her. A human being is a human being. You must have dealt with some white trash.
I might tend to date Caucasian women, but if a great Asian girl came along, I would not mind having children with her, marrying her... Finding a compatible mate is a challenge, and if I found one who was Asian, I would say bring it on. Most Caucasian males date Caucasian females, but usually the ones who date Asian females are very into Asian culture. It's better to date someone who shows he knows something about Asian cultures. Did the guy you date show any knowledge about Asian culture or show any major interest in various Asian cultures? If not, it's not good to date the person.

seavoyage
Msg: 16 (view)

Do guys really like all that romantic stuff?
Posted: 7/5/2008 11:15:57 AM
I don't put that I like long walks on the beach, candles, and flowers... I do say that I like romance, and that I am romantic, and I like my partner to be romantic. I don't describe how I am romantic. That's something the person can discover. The above description sounds too cliche to get a woman to notice you. I think that's a little too much. Someone who tries to sell themselves as so great whether female or male basically make me nervous. Someone who tries to inflate themselves without showing modesty isn't my cup of tea. In a way, men who write that are saying that, because they think women want to read that. It's fair to write something that you think will appeal to the girls, but I think writing some cliche descripition of how romantic you are is overkill.
 seavoyage

i hate being alone
Posted: 7/4/2008 9:03:47 PM
I am not sure many people like being alone for a very, very long time. Maybe, there are some folks like that. I don't know. We are just human. Some people are afraid of commitment, and then some guys when they actually find you are interested get scared, because they are afraid of losing their freedom. Some women are like that. I've dealt with that. Hey, things can be brighter, and I hope they will be for you just like the fireworks of the 4th of July.

Peace...
 seavoyage
Msg: 5 (view)

Found Mr. Right
Posted: 7/3/2008 10:08:14 AM
I am so glad this lady found someone awesome. I am sure everyone like Lou Gramm used to sing wants to know what love is. I think I have an idea, but I need someone who shares the same ideas. Every rose has its thorn and a journey to love has its thorn, but you can make it after going through a few scrapes:)
 seavoyage

Muslims, how can this be proper?
Posted: 7/1/2008 7:33:01 PM
OP, you said you are against lying, and then you lie to us. How is that good? You said your post was not anti-Islam, but yet you go on and saying an ad by some Saudi Arabian position represents Muslims in general. Based on what? Hey, if you want to be anti-Islam, do what you want, but it doesn't make sense to make yourself out to having some different position and claiming you are just fighting against lying. Do we look like we were born yesterday. People all over the world put things that aren't true in newspapers, and it's not just in the Middle East. I guess you never heard of that. I heard of that in the US, Korea, the Middle East, you name it.....
It's not a new thing.
 seavoyage

Hot then cold...is this normal?
Posted: 6/30/2008 8:21:10 AM
When that happens, it can be he is losing interest or panicked after you reciprocated. Many men and women want to be in a relationship, but they are afraid of losing their independence, and they think initially they want something with you, and after the infatuation wears off a bit, he thinks there is something wrong. That's the way so many men and women are today. They tell you all of these things about the future, and then you encounter in a moment of commitment phobia in their lives. That's a major possibility, but I don't know the guy personally.
 seavoyage

I think I used a guy for sex....Is that possibly?
Posted: 6/30/2008 8:15:06 AM
Well, how uncommon is this? This happens more and more where women go looking for one-night stands. It is not unusual. There are definitely women who use men for all kinds of things whether it is to spend on them or to not have a serious relationship while he wants one, and keeping him interested enough, because she likes the booty call with him. This is like old news. Where have you been?
Did you just come out of the jungle and people told you WWII ended a long time ago?:)
I am just being sarcastic. Girl, times have changed.
 seavoyage
Msg: 20 (view)

Our Christian walk.
Posted: 6/30/2008 8:10:21 AM
I often associate those who use the word Christian in some parts to indicate Protestant of the Evangelical persuasion, though Christianity includes Catholics and mainstream Protestants. Going to a church and calling yourself Christian means you go into a building that has crosses and says prayers to Jesus, but it does not mean you follow the path. Jesus said I am the way, he was trying to lead his followers to conduct their lives in a certain way, but it doesn't mean someone who says he is following is not simply just born into the faith, so to speak. I am open to different faiths, but I acknowledge the beautiful spirituality in the Bible, the god-hood of Jesus, and the like, but someone who is very Evangelical would maybe not accept a fellow like me. I say what I mean, but I see validity in different paths, I treat women with respect, try to help my neighbors and be a good Samaritan, and religious affiliations are often, to me, forms that involves attachment to the world.
 seavoyage

the blues
Posted: 6/27/2008 6:46:20 AM
Well, if I am feeling kind of lonely late at night and feel like I need some of that human touch as Bruce Springsteen would say, I would find that depressing or if I have so much work to do.
 seavoyage
Msg: 4 (view)

'You're my best friend...'
Posted: 6/27/2008 6:39:18 AM
This hasn't happened to me, but, buddy, be grateful you have someone who values you as a friend even if there is nothing more to it than friendship. She is not the only female out there. For me, if a girl is a true best friend, I would be grateful to have that, because it is not every day that you find a best friend. Of course, I'd love to have a best friend who is also my love and who loves me. Don't take what happened personally.

Cheers!
 seavoyage
Msg: 101 (view)

Cave man days, bring'em back
Posted: 6/27/2008 6:37:06 AM
in Neolithic times there were matri-focal or women cnetred societies and during this time there was NO EVIDENCE of rape..fortification or violence..

this PEACEFUL...PARNERSHIP ways lasted for a million years

we have had DOMINATOR...societies for only 5000 years and
IT IS NOT WORKING...

for realatiohsips to work we NEED PARTNERSHIP..no t control and agression

GQ

I think this is probably more of a myth. Are you going to tell me when were not men and were all pacific? That's more of a New Age kind of idea
not real logical history. As far as women goddesses that was true in some parts of the world, but not everywhere. Not all societies were so focused on female goddesses
over male goddesses from what I understand. This was true in some areas. The whole world is not India or the Middle East. I agree with the idea of partnership, but not the take on history and applying on the whole ancient world. I need some proof of that that this applied everywhere. I am sure men in ancient times used force. I mean we had weapons, we used violence. I am sure men went to war with each other as primitives and took other men's women. That is a more realistic history.
When someone speaks about female goddesses before Jesus, then they are dealing with Semites. The ancient Semites did have a lot of female goddesses and some Arameans did associate with a god in the feminine. Again, not everyone was Aramean or Semite. That's what I have a problem with that history. I wish it were true that there was actually a time with no fighting and warfare. I have never seen any evidence of that in history books.
 Seavoyage
Msg: 10 (view)

Ghosts of our pasts predetermining our futures?
Posted: 6/27/2008 4:52:09 AM
Someone in my family didn't have good relationships until she met her husband. I mean it is pretty common for so many people to have not had great relationships and then to hit the jackpot. We can't control how the people are who come into our lives. Suppose, you have good intentions, and then you get a female who just did a number on you, wasn't on the up and up on certain things, you can't get the blame as a male for that. A male should be taken on the basis of his character and should a female. I am not going to ask a female about her relationships. I am more concerned about her sense of ethics. I have good and bad relationships.
 seavoyage
Msg: 37 (view)

giving up for now
Posted: 6/26/2008 8:51:04 AM
They are thin people who are unhealthy as well. I don't necessarily think a person who is somewhat overweight is so unhealthy. You really have an attitude problem, lady8506, if you think abusing people is an okay thing just because you think they are healthy. Why should it concern you if they are overweight?
It is not your life? Should a person be harassed, because they are overweight, because it's not healthy? I can't believe you said fat people should be made fun of..... Do people make fun of smokers? What about you if you go out and drink lots of beer and I made fun of you for drinking something that kills your brain cells? Where would it all end?
I think that's being pretty selective in discriminating against people allegedly on health grounds.
 seavoyage

what is my problem?
Posted: 6/26/2008 8:46:57 AM
You still love him deeply, girl. You have been trying to suppress the feelings. You know a funny thing, I told this girl that I am in love with her before in order to lose my feelings for her, because I need to move on. I thought instead of suppressing my feelings and telling myself I was being dumb for feeling that way, I faced my feelings in a brave way. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are a beautiful woman, you have been through a lot, and I am sorry that you did, and I am not sure what the exact answer is, but it is not to suppress your feelings and treat yourself harshly, because you have feelings for the man.

Peace....
 seavoyage
Msg: 70 (view)

Cave man days, bring'em back
Posted: 6/26/2008 8:43:30 AM
I think you've got a point, but you said it wrong. Women can't deny that generally men are the physically stronger gender. Women do not want a man who is weak. They want a man who is decisive, who can make decisions, can be very strong, but she doesn't want to be dominated in terms of where her personality doesn't count. She does a man in many cases, though many wouldn't admit it, she can lean on. Of course, even the toughest men though lean on their women. There are certain expectations of males from women. You should simply say a man shouldn't be shy to show his masculine side and even flaunt it, but he shouldn't control things. Now, some women may like the control thing, because they feel secure and protected, but many do not.
Women also want a man who can stand to be tested sharply by his woman and even criticized strongly and stand his ground without getting defensive and being calm about it and proving himself to her that he is strong. In the same way, men want women to be very feminine, nurturing, to be inspirational, to drive the fire found inside men. They say behind every great man is a woman. If a woman is controlled, her greatness cannot shine.

My 4 cents (since there is inflation these days).
 seavoyage
Msg: 161 (view)

Are women satisfied with American men?
Posted: 6/26/2008 8:36:56 AM
It is hard to give an objective opinion. There is a website called Visa Journey. I don't really know much about it, but a female friend of mine who was interested in a foreign man as a husband went on there. Some American women do prefer to date foreign men. There will be some like that. Are American men superior to men from other countries? It depends on the individual man, but according to a friend from New Zealand she thinks an American man is more likely culturally to be faithful to her than a man from her country, and, where I live, in Korea, an American male would be more likely to be faithful to the woman than the local men. If you are a woman from Russia, there is more of a chance that the American man you will be dealing with has a job and doesn't drink so much hard liquor which is a serious problem in some parts of Russia, but hopefully less so, and that's a bit exaggerated, but there may be something to it. American women are used to American men.
That's what they are going to find. Do I think American women appreciate American men enough? Maybe, maybe not, but some foreign women definitely appreciate
their men and American men more sometimes. That's the perception of many males.
I have had better experiences with non-American women than with American women.
However, I can't compare myself to other American men, because I am of Mediterranean background and used to women of a certain temperament, so
I will be biased and want women who are extremely feminine and don't mind exuding that a lot, who like to spoil their men and pay attention to the guy. I make no judgement whether good or bad. It is all relative to what you are used to and what you want. I am not so sure American women go well with a man with a Mediterranean temperament, because many American women focus so much on proving they are independent and can be very defensive, because they've been fed a diet about how bad men are and all that stuff.... It's unfortunate. Yes, men have done bad stuff, but there are great things about being men and women respectively. Many men actually do like to be spoiled. That's why many turn to these other nationalities. In my book, an American woman who makes you special, is very attentive, somewhat old-fashioned, but also takes care of herself is more than just fine. You don't need to look abroad for that. I must confess, though, I do like how some countries encourage the women
to be proud of their femininity, and I mean no disrespect, the men are not better in North America, and this is all relative. I can't say I know anything. I would be more than happy to settle down with a great American or Canadian girl who would suit me, and I would prefer it.
 seavoyage

Past Life Regression
Posted: 6/26/2008 7:54:59 AM
Bodacious Blonde, I wanted to e-mail you and ask you about WVU. Could you e-mail me since I can't contact you?

Thanks...
 seavoyage
Msg: 4 (view)

Past Life Regression
Posted: 6/26/2008 7:21:55 AM
I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that people can recall past lives, but I am not saying it is not possible. It is theoretically possible if one believes in reincarnation. I have heard of what you talked about, but I have only read about it. I always thought the idea of someone remembering a past life through hypnsosis to be interesting.
 seavoyage

Anybody else on PoF into meditation?
Posted: 6/24/2008 8:48:15 AM
Snake Charmer, I use mantras for meditation and repeat sanskrit mantras, and use a mala which is similar to a Catholic rosary, so I can count the repetitions. I like my mantra meditation practice a lot. It works better for me than other kinds of meditation.
 seavoyage
Msg: 18 (view)

Coming on too strong....
Posted: 6/20/2008 10:39:11 AM
It is true for some of us guys a girl who doesn't call often might be a challenge, but for some men if she hardly calls he might get suspicious or concerned.
Some men do actually call their girlfriends a lot or like being with them. However, it's good to take things easy in the beginning. You don't want to change yourself, OP, to suit a man. You are worth more than that than trying to customize who you are to fit someone. It is not about us men, but the men you had to deal with. I would never break up with someone over e-mail. That is pathetic. And even if you feel your feelings have changed, I think you should fess up and even risk a psychological beating from the woman and apologize and face it like a man.
 seavoyage
Msg: 19 (view)

Is commitment the deal breaker?
Posted: 6/20/2008 10:34:25 AM
There are so many women who are afraid of commitment these days. It is not like the way it used to be. Many women are going unmarried not because there aren't enough men who want to commit to a woman. There are plenty enough who do. I am not afraid of it. I may have been some years ago. Why should I be afraid of a commitment if I really connect to the person? Many men and women have seen bad marriages and don't want to be in a bad one just like you.
 seavoyage

Why do some guys come on strong and then totally back off?
Posted: 6/20/2008 10:07:57 AM
I suppose I could come on strong with a woman. Or, I was more like that in the past, but not into that anymore. Sometimes, some men and women feel like they are in love with being in love. They are in love with this feeling, and they feel you are the supply, you are the fix. Then, they decide after the infatuation has worn off that they were "wrong", and they want someone else, and they don't know how to deal with you now, so you get blocked. I don't do this to people. It is better to take things slowly. If a guy is the kind to come on strong, try to slow him down, and if he can't accept that, then go somwhere else. We can't really assume he was seeing another girl. It is not you, it is the person who behaves this way. Many people act like that these days.
 seavoyage

Is commitment the deal breaker?
Posted: 6/20/2008 10:03:33 AM
Many men fear the loss of their freedom. Even women feel that way. A commitment is the official stating that he cannot ever be with another woman. Some might say, that biologically men like to spread their seed and the like, and it affects the psychology of many males. I am not sure. For me, I would be afraid of a bad marriage and many males who won't commit have seen many bad marriages and don't want to be trapped into one. I am not afraid of risks or committing to someone anymore. I used to be in the past. Why should I be afraid as a man of a commitment?
I am strong and tough enough to handle a commitment and people should respect all the love a woman has given him over the years rather than deserting her. I am sorry if that happened to you. That's not a manly thing to do.
 seavoyage
Msg: 14 (view)

rebound relationships...do they ever work?
Posted: 6/20/2008 9:56:21 AM
I wonder if someone can answer my question about this. I am not sure what exactly a rebound situation is. What if you really care deeply for someone.
She is breaking up with someone. You went out before here and there, and had a deep connection in many ways, but because of misunderstandings you broke up. It is kind of long distance now, but I may possibly be near her sometime next year. We are like best friends, and I don't really need more than her being my best friend, because I am not expecting anything from her. I have always changed the way I talk to her, understand much more, and she can feel that, and we have a much better connection, and I really appreciate the friendship. She knows I care about her more than as a friend, but she also knows I care about her no matter. I give her space, we are very open with each other and share many things in common. I have even expressed that I care about her deeply and she has warmed up to that somewhat when she found that I talked to her differently and beyond the things in common the communication is better. I don't really have expectations. I just love my best friend. I wouldn't mind something romantic, I am open to it. I am just not sure how to approach this beyond just relaxing in the friendship and that's all....
 Seavoyage
Msg: 10 (view)

Strong Man/Strong Woman
Posted: 6/13/2008 5:34:58 PM
I think a strong woman for me who is desirable is comfortable being feminine and being strong at the same time. She can be all woman and also assertive and full of energy. She is strong enough to have that balance.

Show ALL Forums