Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: How much is too much in the hygiene department?
 Rick Rogers
Msg: 7 (view)

How much is too much in the hygiene department?
Posted: 1/16/2010 2:05:24 PM
I didn't know this would get all the hate it has.

I just don't want to smell a funky clam, and yall don't seem to mind it. JEESE.
 Rick Rogers
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 1/16/2010 1:21:53 PM
Sounds like Amanda needs to re-read the original post.
 Rick Rogers
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 1/16/2010 12:57:07 PM
Look guys. I'm not talking about a business date or a happy hour thing. I'm talking about a saturday night date with drinks and dancing and such. I know I said there's no intamacy expected but there's ALWAYS that chance. No OCD here.
 Rick Rogers
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 1/16/2010 12:22:28 PM
I have showered within the hour of the start of any date. Even if I know there will be no intamate contact. It seems that many women I've met feel that their daily shower the morning of a nightime date is enough. This scares me. I've gotten to where I casually bring up the importance of MY good hygiene to the women I'm about to meet in hopes they would respond in the same manner. Sometimes they say that they had their shower that morning which is a big turn off for me.

Question is... How do I make sure she will be at her freshest when we meet for a date?
 Rick Rogers
Msg: 22 (view)

we talked but she balked on meet-up
Posted: 1/1/2010 10:38:31 AM
I guess a few bad apples DO spoil the whole bushel. I couldn't imagine myself being so self centered as to not accept polite rejection. What d**k heads.
Thanks for the insight Lilac.
 Rick Rogers
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 12/31/2009 3:33:06 PM
Ladies. STOP BEING POLITE.
 Rick Rogers
Msg: 13 (view)

Posted: 12/31/2009 3:30:39 PM
I've learned that women are very rude when they can do it through text or e-mail.
A response does not mean interest. What is said in that response is what opens up that can of worms. If you're not interested, SAY SO. "No thanks, not interested" gets
a "Thank you and good luck in your search" from me. SIMPLE.

I'll usually say : "I've read your profile and would like to learn even more about you. Would you like to chat?"... ----- And what do I get in response? -Hi-.

Now that really sucks. What can I do with that?
 Rick Rogers
Msg: 54 (view)

Why do men find it hard to be friends?
Posted: 12/21/2009 9:53:49 PM
I have to agree with rarebird on a lot of points. If you tell a guy you want to be his "friend", What he hears is: I will let you spend money on me, take me to nice places, do things for me, but I will reserve sex for another guy. To make things even, i'll remember your birthday with a two dollar card and a phone call. When you're over here fixing my car, I might even offer you a beer. That's what "friends" do.

This is actually the way many women think.

A female friend to a straight guy is simply someone he hasn't slept with yet.
 Rick Rogers
Msg: 85 (view)

Do women like men who like Feet?
Posted: 12/17/2009 8:05:10 PM
I love me some feet. Ladies, If your feet are nasty and stinky, You are nasty and stinky. Nuf said.
 Rick Rogers
Msg: 19 (view)

Starting out in the dating game after being married, any dos and don'ts please
Posted: 12/4/2009 2:02:39 PM
DITTO that! I've asked many on this site to delete their profile and move on if they're "too busy" or not ready to date!!!
 Rick Rogers
Msg: 18 (view)

Starting out in the dating game after being married, any dos and don'ts please
Posted: 12/4/2009 1:57:20 PM
cinsav, You've hit the nail on the head. as have most of the men on this thread. They (women) seem to play more games the older they get. They want friends but don't want to meet in person. Or when they do meet they want to be wined and dined at your expence and not chip in on the bill.
I will no longer date a woman that has not dated recently because of their highschool attitude and expectations in a mate.
And no ladies, this is not a friend site or chat site. It is a DATING site. If you want friends go to myplace or facelook for that.
 Rick Rogers
Msg: 12 (view)

do average women with numerous emails even try to get to know a man on pof?
Posted: 11/1/2009 6:48:03 PM
I smell alot of BS here. You e-mail with guys that you're not really interested in any more than on line chatting. You say you try to be honest and tell them? Why "try". Be honest and tell ALL of them. Preferably within 2 or 3 e-mails. This proves this guys whole piont.
 Rick Rogers
Msg: 11 (view)

do average women with numerous emails even try to get to know a man on pof?
Posted: 11/1/2009 6:35:20 PM
You're absolutely right in your observence of the average woman. No, they don't take time to get to know let alone meet any of their suitors. The quote from above hits dead on. POF should get rid of the "friends"catagory altogether.
Good luck anyway, and me too.
 Rick Rogers

Please review my profile. Women and men.
Posted: 10/27/2009 7:12:51 PM
Is it too long? I've had one woman say it's very vague! How's that possible?
I'm typically attracted to women between 30 and 40 but seem to get responses from the 45 to 55 yo range. (yes I know i'm 45.) Help me out. Not looking for a picture rating. (I know I need new pics.)
 Rick Rogers
Msg: 14 (view)

Girl from work kind of ignores me now
Posted: 9/16/2009 6:06:40 PM
I know that was crude but hey, I'm a guy.
 Rick Rogers

Girl from work kind of ignores me now
Posted: 9/16/2009 6:05:48 PM
Get back in there. Workplace or not. Bone her!!!
 Rick Rogers

I'm confused...
Posted: 9/16/2009 5:35:14 PM
Forget her. some (many) women on here just want to feel wanted. They can talk to their girfriends and say you called or texted or e-mailed them. They will not tell you they aren't interested. They want to string you along to make themselves feel wanted.
 Rick Rogers
Msg: 27 (view)

Impatient in meeting
Posted: 9/2/2009 6:14:23 PM
I want to meet soon. If you talk for too long then you get a little comfortable with them and when you do meet and there's no chemistry then how do you back out of a future date? I have the problem of them saying they will meet but they are too busy this week, and then this month, and so on. Whatever. If you arent willing to meet, don't say you are. If you're truly too busy, delete your profile from POF and be alone. Geeeze.
 Rick Rogers
Msg: 23 (view)

How come people don't get your kids come 1st?
Posted: 9/2/2009 5:50:52 PM
Well, I'll have to agree with some of the ladies on here. A brief call or text explaining your situation would have been in order. You dropped the ball here, sorry. BUT, we KNOW kids come first STOP putting that in your profile. And "must love kids". NO, I don't have to love kids, to love you.
 Rick Rogers
Msg: 4 (view)

If they have no time to date, why post profiles?
Posted: 7/3/2009 1:00:27 PM
If busy means no then why contact me in the first place? Please read the original post.
 Rick Rogers
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 7/3/2009 12:14:34 PM
My "Please be:" simply means I'm looking for someone decent, not a cave woman. It's amazing how many of them are out there in 2009.
 Rick Rogers
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 7/3/2009 12:00:30 PM
I'm adult enough to realize that some may not be interested but it happens with the ones that make first contact too. I'm honestly thinking that they are wanting to feel valuable, attractive and wanted. Knowing sombody is interested in them. As posted in msg 3.
Thats my story and im stickin' to it.
 Rick Rogers

Posted: 7/3/2009 11:24:35 AM
Why do so many women on dating sites seem to want to date but are always to busy to get together? These are women whom I've contacted or whom have contacted me. I know they have kids, jobs, and other responsibilities, but no one's that busy.

Show ALL Forums