Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Favorites List?????
 cpu_man
Msg: 725 (view)

Favorites List?????
Posted: 10/13/2008 1:49:44 PM
Hmm.. favourites list... Well, I can say I add people to contact at a later time. If I'm in a rush, or too tired, dunno quite what to say.. I'll pop 'em on my fave list and hope for inspiration at a later date. However, sometimes I kinda forget about the list.. or POF altogether. I'll come back later, look at it and wonder why I added these people. lol.

My point is, the main reason I add is so I can contact them. But sometimes you need to allow for the fact that it sometimes takes someone awhile to get up enough nerve to write. Of course there are people out there that just like lookin at your photos too, and that is as much interaction as they wanna have. Creepy, eh?

What I'd like to see is a way for me to "remember" who I've messaged in the past. (Other than via Sent Messages). For those times when you spend time away from POF. I would really like to keep track, so I can avoid re-messaging ppl that never responded to me in the past. But this is pretty much a diff topic. :)

Alex.
 cpu_man
Msg: 1 (view)

Confused about Profile information
Posted: 10/13/2008 1:35:35 PM
Hey...

I am a bit confused to what certain info on a profile is supposed to provide. Y'know at the top of the page.. it has City, Sign, etc. I get all that. It's the right side of the same thing that's been causing me issues. Things like Body Type, and Religion.

Under Body Type, I believe you can choose Thin, Athletic, Average, A Few Extra Pounds, and Big & tall / BBW. I've seen all these selections chosen because they lack a proper description. What is the difference between Average and Few extra pounds? Going on a sheer technicality, the average in north america tends towards obesity. So average could imply that, but if it does... what's a few extra pounds added to that? If you're not going to go by the national average, than what is Average? Do you see the problem? I'd hate to say some ppl deliberately choose to, but some do, use that ambiguity to make their profile seem more appealing. Which of course is not going to go over well. People will complain someone misrepresented themselves.

For Religion, this one is REALLY confusing. I understand that some people want to meet others with the same religious background. But Christian - Other. What does that mean exactly? We talking Jehovah's Witnesses or 7th Day adventists? Maybe a person could see that as "I'm kinda Christian, but I don't really practice." Which would be a better fit for them than say Non-Religious. How about New Age.. what is New Age exactly? Paganism, Wicca, Satanist, or Jim Jones?

This is just a small sample of what I'm talking about. I think the site needs to provide more clarification. Maybe when they choose body type, some sorta breakdown could be used as a guildline. Y'know, what to use to best describe yourself if your 1) at your proper medical weight for your size and age, 2) If you are 20-50 pound above your ideal weight, 3) 50+ above, 4) -10-30 below your ideal... etc. I am aware people would still lie, but I also know there are honest people here too.

Religion is a bit more important to me. Well, the clarification thereof. The ability to a person to input their own religion as well as providing the drop down list would be great. I'd also like some way for me to show how important it is (or isn't) for someone to share my religious views.

I know I could address all these in my profile's About Me section. Which would of course be great for anyone looking at it. I'm speaking as a searcher of other profiles. It's difficult enough to initiate first contact with someone, but then to wonder if maybe you had some better information with which to work... well, maybe so many of your messages wouldn't go unanswered.

Alex.

cpu_man
Msg: 51 (view)

30 and never married?
Posted: 10/11/2008 2:24:54 PM
I'm with the rest of ya. 37, No marriages. I proposed a couple times, never worked out. I'm not a big believer in marriage though. If it means I have to die alone in some nursing home when I'm 90-something, oh well, how much is it really gonna bother me... I'll be dead

I think too many people stress out about being married so they won't be alone when they're old. Last time I checked, that wasn't the purpose of a marriage, unless I'm not jaded enough to know it is.

cpu_man
Msg: 118 (view)

Do you ever get bored with dating, sex, and everything else?
Posted: 10/11/2008 2:13:00 PM
Well, I was perfectly fine until you wondered if it was age. I'm 37! lol. I feel the same way you do, but I find it's more based on being bitter, jaded, and cynical for me. :)

My suggestion is, if you're okay w/ the way things are (not dating) then why change it?
 satan_0
Msg: 129 (view)

what is everyones opin on tattoos?
Posted: 1/28/2007 2:59:10 PM
1. Tramp Stamp! lol. Thanks.. One of my friends must have **stardized that term... it all makes sense now. :) Like I said, they seem prevalent, and far be it from me to criticize someone's choice in a tattoo.. they just don't do it for me. So once again, no offense to those that have 'em... I'm sure my Tat and future tats are pretty much my tatste only.

2. Dax didn't have tattoos.. that was part of her species... just geekin' out.. don't mind me... :)

>Satan~~>
 satan_0
Msg: 4 (view)

WoW'sers at POF!
Posted: 1/28/2007 2:02:57 PM
Hey... Don't mind me.. I Love being the smart-ass. It's kind of like a primary profession for me.. lol. Gawd WoW has a way of twisting people's minds. I was never much one for RPG stuff, People I've chatted with on WoW usually make references to playing D&D when they were younger... and all I can think of is how I used to pick on those people when I was younger... What's happened to me?!?! lol.

I tried making a Horde character once but I'd spent way too much time playing the Alliance, so I couldn't get the hang of it. It just didn't suit me I guess, once more I fail to live up to my moniker. I pretty much play Humans only, and for that I prefer the Rogue, though I'm thinking of making a Paladin.

As for starting on another server from scratch, that can be fun. Provided you know what you're doing. I could get a char to lvl 20 in a few hours, as long as it's human. I have most of the quests memorized. lol. Gawd, that's kinda sad, isn't it?
 satan_0
Msg: 2 (view)

WoW'sers at POF!
Posted: 1/26/2007 7:01:54 PM
Hey...

Well.. I play WoW, but I haven't seen it on that many profiles to be honest. Good luck with a POF guild tho, lol, most of us have been playing long enough to already belong to guilds... :) Then there's the fact of which server you play on. I'm on Blackwater Raiders, which WAS a new server, but has managed to fill up pretty quick. If ur ever on my server tho, feel free to look up Dakkar or Dkar ... those are the names of my high level Rogues.

Satan
 satan_0
Msg: 127 (view)

what is everyones opin on tattoos?
Posted: 1/25/2007 1:57:17 AM
As a general rule I like Tats... I have one myself and plan on getting a couple more.

The one tattoo that I no longer like is now referred to as the easy/slut/whore tat. Where a woman has some sort of celtic or tribal tat on the very small of her back just above her butt. They're just cheap. Before anyone pitches a fit, I'm not saying having a tat like that makes you easy,a slut, or whore... it's just what they're known as in the area where I live, or maybe just with the people I hang with.

As for sagging... when I'm that old my tat is sagging I'll just have it redone higher up.

But it seems that your post is more aimed at woman than men, and it's not so much their opinion you want, but to state your own negative opinion. Or so it seemed to me.

>Satan~~>
 satan_0
Msg: 4 (view)

Toolbars don't stay locked on MSIE 7.0
Posted: 1/25/2007 1:08:00 AM
That has to be the most useless thing I've heard... Seriously.

Lemme guess.. "I don't like the new Intel P4" Your response is what? 'Switch to AMD' ??

how about this one

"My Windows is sluggish" .. Your response? 'Switch to Linux' ??

The guy asked for help, not your opinion of a better product.

>Satan~~>
 satan_0
Msg: 3 (view)

Toolbars don't stay locked on MSIE 7.0
Posted: 1/25/2007 1:05:24 AM
Hello...

I took a quick peek on Microsoft's Knowledgebase... it provided me with a few too many articles for this time of day. In other words I'm way too tired to check 'em out for you

Goto www.microsoft.com and goto the Support section (shown at the right of the page) when u select Support it will ask you which type u'd like. Select Knowledge Base. Once you're there it's pretty simple, choose Windows Internet Explorer 7 from the dropdown list of products and then enter keywords. After that, feel free to check any article that seems to apply.

>Satan~~>
 satan_0
Msg: 6 (view)

need help with graphics
Posted: 1/25/2007 12:50:52 AM
Personally I always opt for an expansion slot Video card. My system has on-board video and sound, both of which I disabled in the BIOS and replaced with expansion cards. But, keep in mind I play some seriously graphic intense video games.

I do believe the nVidia card you are referring to is a 32 or 64M card. If you have onboard video it is more than likely sharing your system RAM. Aka a portion of your 512M is going to the video.

I say swap 'em. Before you add the new card, goto www.nvidia.com and download the latest drivers. nVidia makes it really easy, there's a large link labelled 'download drivers' ... easy... just choose the type of card (GeForce) your OS (WinXP SP2) and Language... then poof.. you download a 40M file. Run it after you install the card and you're good to go.

Turn off the onboard video in the BIOS just before you open the case to put the card in. Most motherboards default to the Onboard, some are nice enough to recognize the expansion video and make it the default, don't take a chance though.

>Satan~~>

Show ALL Forums