Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: To truthfull..
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 6 (view)

To truthfull..
Posted: 1/31/2013 12:24:50 AM
Well first of all, there are ways to be honest without being mean. The term brutally honest is just an excuse to be cruel while disguising your behavior as virtuous.
If a woman asks how she looks in a dress, instead of telling her that it makes her look fat, you could tell her that there are dresses that will show off her figure far better.
Secondly, you claim to be totally honest, yet you have a picture of yourself on your profile that is over a decade old. Yes, you were technically honest by admitting that the boy in your picture is now a teen, however since its the only pic on the profile, you are not showing yourself as how you currently look. That is a form of dishonesty. Not to mention, its pretty easy to miss the caption on a photo, so many women might meet you thinking that the photo represents what you currently look like.
In this day and age where every cell phone has a camera, there is no excuse to not have a picture that was taken within the last year or two. Even if you don't have one, certainly someone you know has a digital camera or a cell phone equipped with one.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 7 (view)

why block me
Posted: 1/20/2013 12:30:40 PM
As far as I know, the only to find out that you've blocked, is if write to someone who doesn't reply and then you go and write to them again. Unless there are women that are telepathically anticipating that you're going to write to them so they pre-block you before you send your first message, but I doubt that's what's happening.

So I have to guess that you've been writing to women and when they don't answer, you send them a second message.
Why do you do this. I know it feels lousy to be ignored, but if they don't answer it means they aren't interested. You're not going to debate a woman into liking you.
That's another reason that some women block, because many guys think that if at first they don't succeed try , try again..and again and again. I usually don't use the block feature unless I'm getting harassed, but I've had some guys that will just keep writing and will not get the hint. It gets to the point where I have to block them so they'll move on.
There's nothing you can do to stop a woman from blocking you, but its easy to avoid learning that you've been blocked. Once you write to someone and she doesn't answer, just cross her off your list and move on.
 GoldinSFla

To white women; Do you find a problem in dating outside your race?
Posted: 1/20/2013 10:35:14 AM
^exactly. Im surprised you're getting any responses at all, not because of your race, but because you have no pictures and you appear to be just looking for sex.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 4 (view)

she messaged me first
Posted: 1/19/2013 10:31:52 PM
I'm a little confused. you wrote that she replied that she was a music major and liked all kinds of music. You didn't say you wrote anything after that, but it sounds like you are saying you sent the last response. Did you send her a message after she said she was a music major?
Even if you did and she didnt answer right away, don't worry about it. Not everyone answers right away even if they are online and like one of the other posters said, even if you appear to be signed on, doesnt mean you're actually looking at the screen. her name might be logged on, but she might not actually be looking at this particular website.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 11 (view)

How does this come across?
Posted: 1/19/2013 5:39:34 PM
OP, I do have to give you a tip of the proverbial hat that you had the guts to admit that this was a pretty bad idea. Alot of people come on to these forums to seemingly ask for advice, but are really here for validation that they are righ ad when they don't get the answers that they want, they wind up arguing that everyone else is wrong. Good for you at being introspective enough to accept the advice and criticism you got without becoming defensive.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 8 (view)

How does this come across?
Posted: 1/19/2013 3:44:59 PM
I know you might be trying to sound reasonable, but I gotta tell you, the way you have worded things makes you sound very self centered. Of course, there's no law saying that you are not allowed to be self-centered, but how many women would agree to be your companion, sleep with you and do everything that a relationship entails, only to know that you are free to dump her when someone you really like comes along? You say that asking for FWB sounds like a douche request, but at least its honest and you are both on an equal level.

The way you have worded things here, sounds like you want a situation where everything is in your favor. Honestly, would you be ok if a girl said that she wanted a guy to take her out on dates, wine and dine her until the right guy came along?
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 3 (view)

Looking for improvements (If needed)
Posted: 1/18/2013 10:38:33 PM
First, you should get rid of the picture of you with the girls climbing over you and your buddy. I know POF recommends people post pics of themselves having fun, but I'm pretty sure that' not what they meant. Remember, you're trying to attract women, not impress other guys at what a player you are.

Also, you shouldn't answer with "prefer not to say" on your profile. It makes you sound evasive. You're young, so its perfectly OK if you aren't sure whether or not you want to have kids, but instead of "prefer not to say", you should just put "open/undecided" if you are indeed unsure. Same thing the question about drinking. Why would you prefer not to say if you drink or not? If you drink or not, just be honest.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 38 (view)

Why is my ex girlfriend behaving like this?
Posted: 1/14/2013 3:44:43 PM
This topic was started almost a year and a half ago. The last time the OP posted in it was September 5, 2011. I'm pretty sure he's moved on by now, if not from the relationship with his ex, then at least from this thread.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 11 (view)

Worst Date I've ever Experienced!
Posted: 1/14/2013 2:16:33 PM
I can understand giving him the benefit of the doubt and maybe going back ONCE. But after that, I don't understand how you could go back two more times. How did that even happen? Did he give you a different excuse each time and you bought it and kept going back after you'd left? Also, you wrote that he said he saw you and didn't like how you look, but he still kept asking you to meet him without showing up? This whole story is just strange.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 36 (view)

Dating stunning women, only based on looks?...
Posted: 1/13/2013 5:15:07 PM
You don't have to say you're dating multiple women or not looking for commitment. At least not in those words , because that might make you come across as a player and you do not seem like one of those.
You can just say that if you meet someone that you really click with ,then you will be up for having an exclusive relationship with that person, but until then ,you're just taking things one day at a time, trying to meet people and have fun.
As far as the intelligence thing, as some people have pointed out, sometimes a person can be intelligent, but just not know how to write very well.
I know how you feel because I'm someone that has to have decent conversation in a relationship and I get messages from people that barely seem literate. I used to just skip them, but Ive given a few of the nice ones a chance and it turns out alot of them actually speak better than they write.

If you're attracted to a woman, I say go ahead and meet her. Its just a first meeting, you're not making a life time commitment and you might find that one of these ladies that you originally had doubts about turns out to be your one and only, and if not, then you'll still have had fun.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 2 (view)

How old is too old for me? Im not a cub looking for a Cougar..
Posted: 1/3/2013 11:56:42 AM
Honestly that all depends on you. What you think of as the right age for you might be too old or too young for someone else.I usually don't go for someone who is old enough to be my father or young enough to be my son. Just do what feels right for you, keeping in mind that the women you write to aren't going to always see eye to eye with your tastes, but don't let that stop you. Im 45 and I don't think a man 6 years younger than me is too young for me, but the woman you wrote to had other opinions. It happens, don't worry about it. The next woman you write to might think you're just perfect for her.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 30 (view)

dogs on dates
Posted: 1/2/2013 6:10:05 PM
Its ironic that the last post I responded to was from the woman whose boyfriend wanted her to move in with him and get rid of her cat.
I wrote that I'd never agree to something like that because my pets are a part of my life and I'd never get rid of them for anyone.
So obviously I'm a huge animal lover and even I think your friend's lady is way out of line. There is no excuse for owning a dog that bites repeatedly and for doing nothing to change the behavior. The biting is the worst thing that you mentioned, but the rest of his behavior is unacceptable as well. He peed on the guy's carpet? In what universe is that OK?
A dog that bites is a recipe for disaster. Does your friend realize that if that dog bites his tenant while on his property, he can be sued? He might not be the dog's owner, but he allowed a dangerous dog on to his property.

I understand that your friend cares about this woman, but he just cannot have an out of control dog in his home, especially a home that he shares with renters.
He needs to talk to his lady friend. Of course Id never suggest that the woman get rid of her dog, but she does need to get it under control. If she can't discipline it herself then she should go to a trainer.
If she refuses to do anything to fix the bad behavior then your friend should no longer allow her to bring her dog into his home.
Its possible that she will react badly to this.She's like a parent with a spoiled child. They never want to believe that their little darling could be doing something wrong or that they are doing something wrong raising them. She might try to make him feel guilty or like he's a bad guy, but as I said, I'm passionate about animals, my cat even sleeps in bed with me at night, so if I'M saying these things, then there's a obviously problem, so he shouldn't feel guilty.

BTW, she should want to get her dog trained , not only to smooth things over with your friend, but for her dog's sake. If the dog continues to bite people and it gets reported to the authorities,he could be listed as a vicious dog and a judge can order him euthanized. If she really cares for her dog, she'll get it under control, sooner rather than later.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 10 (view)

Rough foreplay
Posted: 1/1/2013 4:42:55 PM
You certainly have a right to be comfortable with the type of sex and foreplay that you have, but when you talk about how you shouldn't have even given him a second chance, it sounds like you're thinking that the guy is dangerous or purposely abusive.
I dont know him, maybe he is. But is it possible that he really did just get caught up in the passion that he didn't realize how rough he'd been? When you told him to stop, he stopped. So he didn't do anything against your consent. You've been out six times, he's never been anything but a perfect gentleman and you get along with him. Are you sure that you want to give up on him so soon? If he has a fetish for rough sex and can only get turned on by leaving bruises then obviously you two aren't compatible, but if he's willing to listen to you and to try and find out what you like, he might not be as bad of a guy as you seem to think he is.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 27 (view)

Am i thinking divorce for the wrong reasons?
Posted: 1/1/2013 1:26:13 PM
Yep, I saw the article. I was being a little factious because I knew he'd run to make changes as soon as he realized the jig was up. Actually I thought his profile would be gone by this morning. The thing is, with the profile still up, even with the pics taken out, even with a new user name and all the other changes he made, if you click on his history, it will still lead to this thread and this thread still has the link to that article, so he's really too late to try and be anonymous now. Even if he took down the profile, the thread still exists with that article link and his posts with all the self-identifying descriptions of his life and his desire to hook up with younger women not to mention those awful things he said about his wife..so again, anonymity =gone. Its the whole cat and bag thing I mentioned before. He really did not think this whole thing through.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 1/1/2013 10:15:48 AM
He took his pics off his profile...But why, if he's separated and allowed to date, why have private pics? It's probably a bit too late to try and hide something though. Once that cat escapes the proverbial bag, there's no putting it back. He still has the same profile up though, saying single and no kids. I really do feel bad for his wife and children. It sounds like she's a wonderful woman who doesn't deserve what she got and what she's probably going to go through when she finds out the truth about who she's married to.

I follow some blogs written by parents who lost their children to childhood cancer. They would give anything to have their old life back. To have their children alive and healthy. I know other people that are in miserable marriages where the spouses practically hate each other and can barely stand to be in the same room with each other. Yet here's a guy who has, by his own admission, a near perfect family, a beautiful, dedicated, adoring wife ,who makes him laugh and treats him great and two healthy, loving kids, but he's feeling sorry for himself and wants to throw it all away because he didn't get to have enough wild sex with bunches of hot women in his younger days.

I said in my last post that I try not to judge, but I'm sorry, I don't know how anyone with the slightest sense of decency or empathy for the innocent parties in this whole situation wouldn't be disgusted. If I'm wrong for being judgmental, then I'll have to pray for forgiveness, but this guy's behavior and sense of entitlement is really beyond the pale. What gets me is that he created his original post without the slightest sense that he might be doing something wrong or that people would not be 100 percent sympathetic to his situation.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 12/31/2012 6:25:39 PM
Dude, I am speechless. Are you for real? Its one thing to ask for advice, but I can't believe that you are actually asking for sympathy here? First you said that your wife showered you with gifts, that you didnt even want her, that she was just someone to "occupy" your time, but that she was totally dedicated to you and still is. Then when you didnt get the response here that you wanted, y0u tell us that you gave, and sacrificed and asked for nothing in return.
Your profile is full of lies and half truths. You are NOT single. If you are are on here asking about whether or not you should stay married, then you are still married. Your profile says no children and yet here you talk about how much you care about them. I try hard not to judge. I will not attack your character or call you names, but your actions are just....well, bad.

Does your wife know that you never loved her? Does she know that you have dating profiles?
You say that you are a great father and that might be true, but if you and your wife are no longer together, do you think you are going to get to see them like you do now?You mention that shes beautiful and I'm sure that is one thing you're telling the truth about.
If you leave her, she will find someone who really cares about her and the odds are that she'll eventually remarry or move in with someone. So another man will wind up raising your kids, being there for the milestones in their lives while you are relegated to seeing them on weekends if you're lucky, sending a child support check every month.
You say the kids are happy now, but there is no way to get around the fact that divorce is painful to children, devastating even.
You are on the verge of losing so much, just because you want to sleep with younger women.
However, I dont even see how you can stay married now if you wanted to. It sounds like you've already checked out of the marriage.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 5 (view)

Just turned 40...What is up with the Cougar thing???
Posted: 12/31/2012 3:54:35 AM
I think nearly all of women over 40 get that. If not all, then alot of. I started a thread a while back with the same issue. While I do get men in my age range, a very large percentage of messages are from much younger ones. The young male libido is a powerful thing and this is a free site so it doesnt cost them any more money to message a 40 year old than it does to write to a 40 year old and a 20 year old. I think most are just casting many nets out there in hopes they'll get a catch.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 19 (view)

The my place date
Posted: 12/30/2012 7:38:21 PM
There are two places I will not go for a first date. Number one : someone's boat and number two :to a guy's home.
Both are nice prospects after I've gotten to know and trust a man, but I've had both suggested to me for a first meet and I said no way.
Recently I had been contacted by a guy from here and we started texting. I thought the next step would be talking on the phone. Before that happened he texted me and said "Why don't you come over tonight and watch a movie with me." I said "sorry, our first meeting is not going to be at your house." This happened just a few days ago.

Another time myself and a different gentleman had planned to meet near the beach. A few hours before our scheduled meet up he texted me and suggested that instead of that, he pick up some wine coolers and we take his boat out around the intercoastal. Now if I had been dating him for a time and had gotten to know him, that would have been a nice idea, very romantic. But for a first meet? There is no way I'm going to be alone on a boat in the middle of the ocean or bay with someone I've never met before.
I feel insulted at the suggestion. Not even so much that they are trying for sex so early, but that they think I'd be so dumb as to be alone with someone that I've never laid eyes on.
 GoldinSFla

Tear My Profile Apart!
Posted: 12/25/2012 11:08:06 PM
First, get rid of the user name. Geeky has too many negative connotations. Secondly. I like your first two pictures, but the third one doesnt look good. Its too close up and it distorts your features. Lastly, I think your profile is ok, but why is the first date description the same as your final "about me." paragraph? I hope that's a mistake. Even if its like that on purpose for some reason, it shouldn't be there. Having the same paragraph twice just looks weird. Fix it.
 GoldinSFla

Am i ugly or something? I mean be honest please?
Posted: 12/25/2012 8:47:55 PM
You're not ugly at all, but as a previous poster suggested, you don't have any expression in your photos. Try to upload a picture of you smiling.
You're one of the younger guys on here and that might pose a problem. There aren't that many girls in your age range here so that limits your prospects. Obviously there's nothing you can do about your age but wait, but you can make your profile more appealing.

Alot of your profile is about how much you like certain sports. Its ok to mention them because they're part of your life and your interests but it comes across like you're writing to meet guy friends. I think you really need to write about a broader range of interests, keeping in mind that you're looking for girls, not for a buddy. And yeah, just get rid of the hook up line completely.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 37 (view)

giving oral for the first time
Posted: 12/24/2012 3:29:36 PM
All of you currently answering the OP's question, you do realize that this thread is over 2 years old right? Whatever she was going to do, she probably already done did long ago.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 702 (view)

what is everyones opin on tattoos?
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:19:37 AM
I have mixed feelings about them. Visually, one of the main problems is that tattoos that might look interesting up close, wind up appearing like a big blob or a number of blobs when viewed just a few feet away. This is especially true when someone gets their entire body or a whole part of their body covered with them. So even the most unique and well done tattoo just looks the same as every other one once you get a certain distance away. This tends to defeat the purpose of getting a tattoo to express one's individuality.

For myself, I'm less conflicted. There were a few times in my life when I thought it might be interesting to get one, but those moments were very brief . And now that I'm in my 40s, I'm pretty certain I'll never get one.
 GoldinSFla

sex and dating- not aggressive enough???
Posted: 12/15/2012 10:17:03 AM
You should not have to have read her mind and if things really did go down this way, then she was wrong. Maybe next time she'll get a guy who climbs on top of her and treats her like a human kleenex. Then she'll complain about how she wished she had a guy who respected her.
Don't get me wrong. I don't want to be with a guy who acts like he's afraid to sleep with me and I do like men who are assertive, but it is so unfair for a woman to expect a man to psychically know what she wants and read her mind.

As far as your last question "How aggressive shoud a guy be...", we're all different, but like I said, I'd just like a guy to be assertive enough that I know he wants me and that I feel desired by him. A man shouldn't always have to make the first move, but if I was with a guy who never made the first move, and who always waited for me to initiate sex, I would feel awful and I'd probably leave the relationship.
Let me ask you, could that have been the problem? Was she actually upset that you weren't a mind reader and didn't wake her for sex that one time or was it that you rarely initiated sex? In other words, did you make her feel hot and desired? That's a very important thing for many, if not most women. Was this the first time she mentioned a problem or had she brought it up other times.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 562 (view)

bald guys
Posted: 12/14/2012 3:50:00 PM
Gotta go with all those that are saying shave it. Comb overs looks silly, thick bozo fringes look stupid. If you're losing your hair, don't grow the sides out long, don't comb it over, do NOT wear a rug, just buzz it all off. A shaved head nearly always looks better than any type of compensation for hair loss and there's a very good chance you will look even hotter than you did when you had a full head of hair!
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 29 (view)

He reached across the table and put his finger in my mouth.....
Posted: 11/12/2012 4:55:14 PM
OP, do you really not know how different the culture in Saudi Arabia is? Im not saying you should be an expert,but I often find myself dismayed when my fellow Americans express complete cluelessness about other countries or cultures.
Saudi Arabian and American culture are as different as night and day.
Women have almost no rights in Saudi Arabia. It is one of the most strictly Islamic nations in the world. Sharia law is THE law. Women are considered property of their father until they marry, then they are property of their husband.

As people have pointed out to you already, women are even forbidden from driving cars. They cannot travel without permission of their father or husband. They cannot go out in public without being in the company of a close male relative. If they are found to be out alone or with a non relative, they can be arrested and subject to harsh penalties including being caned.
They must be covered from head to toe when out in public. A woman who has sex before marriage stoned to death. In some instances a woman who even talks to a man who her father has not approved of will be murdered by her own father because she has dishonored him. In Arab/Islamic cultures a man's honor is often worth much, much more to him than his daughter's life. Is this someone you want to get involved with? I know most of us are taught not to stereotype and to respect other cultures. But not every characterization of another culture is a stereotype. Sometimes its fact.

Its very hard for them to leave this kind of life long indoctrination behind. While women in their own culture must wait until marriage to even touch a man, men from strict Islamic societies often think Western women are very loose and they expect this place to be like a sexual Disneyland for them. Since they lack both respect for women and experience with them, they are often very clueless. No doubt this man thought you would be rendered weak in the knees from his gestures and he was undoubtedly surprised that you did not want to jump into bed with him that very evening.

Next time you go out with someone from another culture, it might be a good idea to brush up on that culture. It might help you avoid awkward situations like the one you experienced with this yutz.
 GoldinSFla

Do I have a chance ?
Posted: 11/1/2012 7:20:57 AM
There are entire online communities dedicated to people who consider themselves asexual. They run the gamut from people who may have once enjoyed it but for whatever reason no longer have that urge to people who have never considered themselves sexual.

Their relationship needs vary as well. Some have no attraction to either gender and look only for platonic friendship, while some simply do not care for the physical aspects of sex but do want romantic and emotional connections with other people.

I would do a search for asexual communities and forums if I were you as I think you would have better look finding someone more suited to you and your needs.

If you are going to keep looking here, I think its ok to have it in your profile so a man wont be disapointed when he meets you, but there's no real reason to put that you once loved it. Seems almost like youre boasting that the guys before got some but he aint gonna get none..so you might want to take that out.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 563 (view)

First date ... who pays?
Posted: 10/20/2012 1:43:28 PM
A man who treats me to a date makes me feel desired , wanted and feminine. I don't apologize for enjoying that feeling. A man who makes wants to go dutch leaves me cold. It feels business like and unromantic. . If a man doesnt want to pay, he doesnt have to, he can just go out with women who like splitting everything in half. But if a woman doesnt want to go out with men like that,she shouldn't have to either.

Alot of men try to shame women for their feelings by twisting around their words and trying to make them sound like prostitutes because they enjoy being treated to dinner. I dont sleep with a guy because he buys me a dinner. I sleep with a guy because I desire him and I feel desired by him. If a guy takes a calculator out and divvies up the bill, that destroys any desire I may have had for him.

I don't believe there's anything wrong with feeling the way I do. I'm not a game player and I'm not someone that takes advantage of men either. I'm just honest with my feelings and my desires. I believe in giving alot to the man that I care about and want, so its not like I expect him to do for me and for me to do nothing for him. But there's nothing wrong with some of the things he does for me being different than the things I do for him.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 14 (view)

profile picture was at least 10 to 15 yrs old
Posted: 9/29/2012 12:58:58 PM
Some people are truly deceptive. But I try to be as honest as possible and still got called a liar. I have more than half a dozen pictures up. The only one that's more than a year and a half old is the halloween one and its less than 3 years old. Most of the other pictures are around a year old, give or take a month or two and the one of me standing in the doorway in the purplish--dark pink shirt was taken exactly two weeks ago

Not only are my pictures all recent, but all they're clear, at least I think they are .
Most of them are full length body shots, so there's no mistaking my size or shape. And I really am 45. Just turned it this month. But regardless of my bid to be as honest as can be, a while back a guy on the forums accused me of intentionally labeling myself incorrectly. Because I put average instead of fat or whatever he decided that I looked like. I dunno, I used to be way heavier and I think of myself as average sized now. I'm a size 12, though in dresses I can be as small as a 10 and in tight jeans, I can go to a 14, because most of my curves are in my hips. The average size of the American woman today is said to be a 14, so there ya ago.

And even if someone thinks someone else is fat or chubby, I dont know how anyone can be considered deceptive if they have clear , recent full length shots of themselves. Delusional maybe, but not deceptive. You might not think I'm average but obviously I'm not trying to hide anything with my pics. Though I wish POF had the option of labling one'self as curvy, because that's how I would truly describe myself.
Ironically, the guy who accused me did not have one full length shot of himself.

So yeah some people are intentionally deceptive, but when it comes to looks, sometimes the line between lying to other people and lying to one's self is not that clear. Just look at the posts on this thread; Someone will say something about others being not being truthful on their profile and someone else accuses them of the very same thing :"But your pictures are blurry!" "You should talk,..You only have upper body shots!" "Oh yeah, well you're wearing a hat, sunglasses and a big ole paper sack!" etc
BTW Ok...Ok...I will confess....My natural hair color...isn't blonde. But I'm pretty sure that's not a big secret...and it ensures recent pics, since I've only been blonde for a few years. I've been paying big bucks for it though so I think it should count for something.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 47 (view)

The annoying pressuring texts
Posted: 9/20/2012 8:48:22 PM
I've had that happen before, but I put an end to it quickly. They get one chance, if they insist again, I'm done.
The last time it happened was a few months ago. A guy had written to me and he seemed nice enough at first. So we were discussing when to get together. I said I was available on the weekend. I gave him the choice of Friday or Saturday evening. This was a few days before the weekend.
He said "why don't we meet tonight? and I answered and said "no, can't do it, I'm working all week, but I'll be free on the weekend. Your choice if you'd rather meet up on Friday or Saturday night. Which one of those options do you prefer?"
So again he answered "tonight".
Well that was it. There was no more going back and forth, no more negotiating. He showed me that he could care less about how I felt or what I was comfortable with so I just told him that we wouldn't be meeting at all. Then I blocked him because the conversation was over.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 59 (view)

Is it ever ok to ask why someones stopped talking to you?
Posted: 9/11/2012 9:02:20 AM
Actually I think you did make a mistake. If you like a girl you should ask her at the end of the date for another date. If she likes you she'll accept. To go back to messaging and then just continue messaging without ever asking her out again, is a sure sign she's going to lose interest.

That's happened to me and I remember thinking WTH? A woman with any self respect isn't going to ask "Hey when are you going to ask me out again." So most likely she just got fed up with your lack of action. Also while you were sending her text messages she was probably getting other messages on here from guys who maybe asked her out and showed interest in her.
To be honest with the way you handled things, I would be more surprised if she DIDNT stop writing to you. You didn't give her any reason to continue.
I think your problem is that you are so afraid of appearing needy or pushy that you play it so cool that it comes across as cold. Despite what some of the so called pick up artists have told you, being distant to the point of disinterest does NOT get the girl. You should have asked her out either at the end of the first meeting or within the next day or two...No need to ask the girl why she stopped writing to you. Its completely obvious. Next time, use more sense and if you like a woman, ask her out soon. If she says no, it doesnt mean you asked her out to soon or came across as too needy, it means she wasnt interested and then you just move on to the next woman.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 297 (view)

Can a man be too tall to date?
Posted: 9/4/2012 3:27:45 AM
I like large men, so it would be difficult for man to be too tall . Maybe if he was freakishly so, like over seven feet. But other than that I can't imagine rejecting a guy because he's too tall. Don't get me wrong, I wont date a guy simply because he's tall. A guy can be tall and be unattractive for other reasons, but excess height will almost never be a reason to turn a guy away.
 GoldinSFla

ever rent porn on a date??
Posted: 9/3/2012 9:23:56 PM
So OP, are you seeing her again? and no, no I have never rented porn on a date. Clown or otherwise.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 30 (view)

ate food he left on our 2nd meetup in his livingroom
Posted: 9/2/2012 10:15:12 AM
Emxiao, it doesn't matter what culture you are from or what his nationality is, this was not a culture clash, this was a lack of respect on his part and an acceptance of being treated like crap on your part.

You've gone out with this man twice, though one can hardly call it going out, and he takes you to his place both times. That's unacceptable. A woman who respects herself does not go to a man's house on the first and second meetings and a man who has any regard for her, would never think of asking her to.

Then he feeds you leftovers and not just leftovers, but left over raw fish...that he got while he was out with another woman! And then he gets mad and starts and argument with you because you didn't show the proper appreciation for the swill he fed you. But the worst part of it is, he somehow made YOU feel guilty?

Listen girl....you have got to get some self esteem. Never go to a man's place on the first date, or the second. If he's too cheap to offer you fresh food, don't eat the left overs. Leave his ass left over , then go out somewhere and buy yourself something decent.

And for Gosh sakes, when he treats you like garbage and then picks a fight because you didn't love the slop he tried to feed you, DONT walk away feeling all guilty and trying to analyze what his intentions were.

He didn't think much of you. He didn't respect you and you allowed him to disrespect you. He treated you like a dog ...do you get that? You are not a dog, you are a lovely young woman who deserves to be treated like a lady, but you're only going to get that if you stop allowing men to walk all over you.

As far as who pays...There are some who say this is a new era, women make alot of money and they should each pay their own way. But that's up to you. Myself, having been obese and practically invisible for so many years, I enjoy and appreciate being pampered and wooed and despite some guys insistence that men and women should each pay for their own share, there are alot of guys who enjoy taking a woman out and treating her. In all the time I've been dating, I can count on one hand the guys who wanted me to pay at the end of the date. Anyway, this isn't about me its about you. The point is, if you want to pay your share, by all means you can offer.But if you like being pampered then you have the right not to date guys who are on a different page.
 GoldinSFla

Do men act more considerate to you when you are thinner?
Posted: 8/3/2012 1:10:03 AM
Oh hell yeah. I haven't been skinny, skinny, so I don't know if they'd be nicer if I was a size 4. But I used to be morbidly obese and I was treated with disdain. I'm not thin now, but apparently my shape and size are enough that I am considered "acceptable" and the way I get treated now verses then is night and day. I could barely get a salesman's help in a store when I wanted advice on buying a digital camera . Now they're all so nice and so accommodating. Its like living on a different planet.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 15 (view)

Getting stood up multiple times...by the same person.
Posted: 6/3/2012 10:40:46 AM
Wow, three times? I can understand the first time , because you had no way of knowing that they would stand you up. I can even understand the second time because perhaps they had a good enough excuse for the first time that you decided to give them a second chance. That's reasonable. But after they stood me up a second time, no excuse would be good enough. So there would NEVER be a third time.

So the question you should be asking OP is why you let these schmucks get away with treating you like this over and over.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 17 (view)

he wanted to pay me to marry him
Posted: 6/3/2012 10:37:06 AM
Absolutely would not do it. Maybe its different in the OPs country, but in the USA, a sham marriage to help someone obtain US residency is a felony and immigration takes it seriously. They will call you down, they will quiz you separately about your life and if you fail to answer the questions to their satisfaction, it is quite likely that you be brought up on some very serious charges. Jail time is a strong possibility.

I would not risk having a criminal record and possible incarceration for money, even if it seems like alot. There are alot of illegal things one can do to get money and so far I haven't done any of those things and I don't plan to.
 GoldinSFla

initial e-mails that delight you!
Posted: 6/2/2012 4:04:47 PM
I like poetry on its own, but as far as a guy quoting me a poem written by someone else, it does nothing for me. Unless he uses it in context with my profile and makes it seem personal.

I DO like however, when a guy quotes Rammstein lyrics and from a song other than Du Hast...mmmmm...Rammstein.
 GoldinSFla

Going from meeting up to ignoring me within ten minutes
Posted: 5/31/2012 11:12:38 AM
I know you feel bad, but unless you can think of something you said or did to scare her off, she's probably just a flake who's done this to other guys before. She might even have a boyfriend or husband and her guy might have come home earlier than she expected or been poking around her computer and phone so she deleted and blocked whatever info could have gotten her busted.

Sorry it happened to you, but like I said, unless you said something to make her go from wanting to meet you to blocking you in a matter of hours, then the problem lies with her not you, so just dust yourself off , move on and don't give her another thought.And good luck in the future.
 GoldinSFla

Why with the facebook?
Posted: 5/30/2012 8:46:46 PM
I can't believe anyone would think its a good idea to exchange facebook info before you even meet. Most people put alot of personal information on there including full name, place of work, and lots more. There's no way I'd ever give someone my facebook information until I knew them well enough to want them to know all that.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 22 (view)

33 year old virgin - Advice Needed!
Posted: 5/23/2012 4:39:03 PM
I would suggest you wait until you meet someone who you care for. I understand that maybe you're thinking of having a one night stand because you feel self conscious and are worried about being rejected for your lack of experience or your physical issues and that someone you don't care about can't hurt you the way someone you have feelings for can. Emotionally that is of course.

However if you've waited this long,then you are not someone who takes sex lightly and I dont think you can force yourself to be that type of person. So yes you really can be hurt by a one night stand, because I think you'll feel like crap if you've waited this long only to lose your virginity to some stranger. Also if you sleep with someone after just meeting them they will probably think you have experience and arent likely to be gentle or patient. Imagine what a disaster that might wind up being. So sex with a stranger=BAD idea.

So as I was saying, I definitely think you should wait until you meet someone you trust and care about. Tell them about your history before you sleep with them. When is the best time to let them know I can't say. Probably not the first night you meet them, but probably before you two are naked in bed ready to get it on. Tell them when you feel comfortable.
I think the way you explained things here is a good way to tell the guy. You were open and honest and that will put them at ease.
I know you're worried that they might freak out and not want to be with you. That they might run away. But ok, what if they do? I know it hurts to be rejected, but look at it like this, let's say you're in a relationship. So far things are going great. Youre starting to think this is the one. You tell him and he bolts. You don't see anymore. Yes , it will hurt alot but you will have dodged a bullet. He will have shown you that he is not the man you thought he was and he more than likely would have been bad relationship material. He would have eventually made you unhappy.

However if you tell a guy and he stays with you then you hit the jackpot. Now you can relax and not worry or be self conscious around him. He'll know he can't just "go to town" so to speak so you'll have someone who is willing to work with you, be gentle , patient and give you the sexual experience that you'll truly enjoy and have been waiting so long for.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 6 (view)

22 and dateless!
Posted: 5/23/2012 2:05:14 PM
Lawlus, you've got alot going for you. You're tall and as annoying as that is for some people to hear, being over six feet is a big point in your favor. You're a good looking young guy and like people have said, the uniform is definitely a draw for alot of women. I totally disagree with those who says that your tattoos are a disadvantage. Sure some young ladies might not like your tats, but for everyone who is turned off by them, there will be others who are drawn to them. So I think they are an advantage. Also they will help you if a shy woman is interested in you. It'll give her a way to start a conversation with you. I can't believe no girl has done that yet.
If one does, you just have to be able to pick up the cues...If a girl starts a convo, realize that there's a good chance she's interested and you have to try and engage her.

Your biggest enemy is your shyness...Just remember that you are not unattractive at all and if you realize that....perhaps it will make it easier for you to become more confident. Women love confident men...so my only pointer is just try to have confidence in yourself by realizing that alot of young women would love for you to ask them out.
I think the only other disadvantage is that you're so young. This might sound counter intuitive in a society that seems to worship youth, but being a man in your early 20s does sort of limit your dating pool. If you try and date girls under 18 you risk being labeled a creeper at best and a felon at worst, but alot of women in your age group are dating older guys. Also I imagine it might be difficult for a guy who was basically just a boy a few years ago to know how to act like a man.

But the good thing is ,time goes FAST....just work on your confidence and by the time you're over 25, you'll have the ladies eating out of your hand.
I just hope you don't turn into a jerk once you start pulling girls left and right!
 GoldinSFla

Getting dissed while messaging
Posted: 5/22/2012 7:44:01 PM
I dont know if he was lying or not. "Video production company" tends to sound like something a guy might make up if he's trying to impress young naive women into thinking he's a wealthy mogul or that he is someone that can hook them up with a job in show business . But on the other hand someone has got to produce those videos, so why not him?

Maybe his company is the type that people bring their old super 8 home movies to in order to transfer them to DVD. That would make it some kind of video production company. So he might have been lying, telling the truth or exaggerating a bit...who knows?

But regardless of the veracity of his claim, dont you think it might have been just a little bit forward of you to ask the name of his company after only a few texts? I know Id be a little bit put out if someone asked the name of where I worked after just a few texts. Its not just women who have to be careful nowadays. Maybe his last date turned out to be a stalker psycho from hell and he's just gun shy.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 12 (view)

How many on here have had a great First Date
Posted: 5/14/2012 10:28:25 AM
I had one of the best first dates ever about 2 months ago. It was instant chemistry . We were comforable with each other and there was none of that first date awkwardness. We met at a steak house , I know that's a little fancy for some people's taste on a first meet, but he suggested it and it was great. We enjoyed a terrific meal. The restaurant was on the bay and we took a walk outside along the water's edge afterwards. After hours of talking and getting to know one another it was time to say goodnight. First we walked to his car where he showed me his gun...Hey this is florida.
Then he walked me to my car and we made plans to see each other again before saying goodnight. Best first date/meeting ever.

He called me the next night and asked if I wanted to get coffee. I agreed. Im not crazy about driving, I had mentioned that to him so he agreed to pick me up.Though Im usually a pretty cautious individual, I felt comfortable enough with him to feel being alone in his car with him. I guess once you see a man's gun, a certain bond is formed.

So he picked me up and we went to a Starbucks. He got coffee I got hot chocolate. It was unseasonably cold for a South Florida March evening, which is probably why the place was so crowded. Since there was no place to sit inside, we took our drinks and drove down towards the beach. We parked in a recreational area across the street from the beach on the intercoastal. We got out and sat at a picnic table, as I mentioned it was quite cold that night. I didn't have a coat so I was shivering a bit. He put his arms around me and we cuddled and talked for hours...best second date/meeting EVER!

We went on a third date a few days later. Out to dinner. More talking, eating, sharing dessert, kissing. Everything was going going great. Then he starts talking about his ex wife and how she cheated on him and suddenly started an argument with me that had nothing to do with me or anything I'd said. We tried to work it out, but to no avail. We texted a few more times but never saw each other again.
From most amazing first date ever and whirlwind romance to complete relationship death in less than a week. I'm pretty sure that's got to be a record.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 12 (view)

Why So Many Younger Men?
Posted: 5/14/2012 6:33:53 AM

A fling here and there with a carefully picked out young man who is a beauty to behold and is always hot, ready and eager to please you is really a fine thing.

Hmmmm....you know, you have a point, I've never thought of it that way. And like I said in an earlier post, I spent so many years being so overwe and feeling so unattractive, that I never really got a chance to have a truly passionate, throw caution to the wind, hot wild fling. Would it really be such a terrible thing to take one or two or half a dozen of these sweet young thangs up on their offers?

I get them too. It's obvious that they are just trolling for bragging rights. I have no desire to be another notch for any boy's bedpost. While their plumbing may be in better working order than that of many guys my age, I'm not interested in a guy who's young enough to be my son.

That's another thing that I don't get. If supposedly they think we're so easy and take no work to get into bed then what are they bragging about? Actually I do kind of get it, but the irony strikes me as funny.

btw that cake looks awesome!

I know doesnt it? Someone made it for me on my last birthday. I think I get more comments on the picture of that cake than I do of pictures of me. Can't get too upset about it though, it is a pretty beautiful piece of fresh baked goodness.

Sure, they are looking for a quick hit. But so what? Take them up on it. Bang the h-e-double-hockey-sticks out of them. Why not? You're old enough to do what you want.

And then some!

it's NOT all about sex.

get to know him, go out on a date and if it turns out not the way you want it then go home and try again.

the people on here saying the young guys just want ONLY sex are wrong. 

they want sex (like most men) but they may also want to have a relationship.

You are a wise man Gentleman Tom!
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 9 (view)

Why So Many Younger Men?
Posted: 5/13/2012 2:41:22 PM

simple explanation,
you are MILF to them.

But , Im not a mother...So I cant be a MILF, can I??

I dunno. Maybe the fact that you're up at 2am watching cartoons?

ADULT Cartoons! Sophisticated programming like Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Squidbillies!

I tend to get a lot of messages from guys in their 30's.... and some in their 20's.... I always laugh... because if I could have given birth to you... I have no real interest in you.... 

I am not sure if I agree that they only want a sexual relationship or that older women are easy prey.... because I can't remember the last time I went beyond a conversation.... most are very respectful... 

it would be sad to think that someone contacting you isn't on some level a compliment..... regardless of their intentions.... but I personally can't see dating someone more than 8 years younger or 12 years older....

I think I can go as young as 10 years younger and as far as older guys, as long as he can still....um...dance I don't really have too much of an upper age limit. And you're right...it would be nice to believe that someone that makes contact with you isn't just interested in a quick lay and that in some small sense their attention is flattering .

Seriously? Maybe because YOU stated the following in your opening post:
is there just something about me that makes me a target?

Yes, I asked a question about if I was doing something wrong, putting out a vibe of some sort or if every woman experienced the same thing. Asking whether or not I'm to blame for something isn't exactly a statement of “specialness” . Not in my opinion, but you can continue to believe as you wish.

Sounds like a little "special-ness" to me! 

As I said...its not, but I thought about it and you may be on to something. Now that you mention it. I actually do think i'm kind of special. Not because of what we've been talking about, but what I neglected to write was that a few years ago I was morbidly obese. Not just a little overweight....I was 360lbs. I spent most of my life fighting my weight and losing. Then I got help and lost 200lbs in two years and have maintained for another 2 years. So yes, you know what?...I do think I am at least a little bit special! LOL

P.S. I AM a little embarrassed for you with this thread.

LOL, No you're not. Remember, as I said, I spent nearly my whole life being fat in a society that hates fat women, So Im a pro at dealing with people that enjoy putting others down. You're not embarrassed for me...you want me to be embarrassed and you love it. But that's ok...if I chose to be baited by you, that would be my mistake. I just dont like being unclear, so I responded to you so as to make very clear as to where I was coming from. Now you can believe as you wish, but I refuse to poison my life with meanness and negativity, so these words are the last interaction that you and I will have in this lifetime.

I admit though that because I spent nearly my whole life trapped in a prison of my own making, I hardly dated or had much of anything at all to do with guys up until the last couple of years. So I find myself in my mid 40s with much less social experience then most women my age.
So when men show an interest in me, I often can't tell what is normal male behavior and what is freaky, weird sh** that I need to watch out for.

So that's why I asked here and why Ill probably ask other questions where the answers might seem obvious to most people my age. For those who sincerely offered helpful answers, I thank you and I appreciate your help.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 3 (view)

Why So Many Younger Men?
Posted: 5/13/2012 12:32:05 PM

Seriously?
Sorry, but these guys aren't contacting you because of how "special" you are. They have very little in the way of "requirements."

I thought I made it clear that I was being kind of factitious when I said I was flattered a bit, when I added I guess its better than being called ugly. I also said that I feel that they are only looking for sex and think that for some reason I'd be an easy lay...so Im not sure how you got that I thought it made me special to hear from them. I was just wondering if they pulled this with all older women or only some who seemed like we'd be easier to get into bed. Again, I have no idea how one could think that I'm trying to come across as special. I was just wondering what the heck is going on because the deluge was so swift and severe. I have no interest in guys young enough to be my son whatsover. It makes me feel icky, not special or uniquely attractive.

When I had a picture here and was looking under a different screen name, I quickly removed my age limit when I started to participate in the forums. I was a little shocked by all the men in their twenties that contacted me. Most of these guys are just looking at your picture and are not reading what you wrote. That's why they just say stuff like, I like older women, I think you're pretty and never mention things on your profile. Just don't reply to the ones you are not interested in. Most are just looking for a booty call.

Thanks, I'm glad its not just me or something that I'm doing to attract the wrong men.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 1 (view)

Why So Many Younger Men?
Posted: 5/13/2012 11:59:05 AM
I did a search for younger men/older women threads and while there are some, most are from younger guys asking questions about dating older women or some older women asking whether there was something wrong with them being attracted to younger men.

But this is a bit different. Its just a question based on something that's been happening lately. I had an age criteria in the mail settings of my profile. Therefor no one younger or older than those limits could message me. But recently I thought, maybe I'm missing out on someone wonderful because he's a year or two younger than my lower age limit or a year or two older than my upper limit.

So I removed the age limits from my mail settings. I figure I'd get a few men who were a bit too young and a few who might be older than I normally look for. But I got the shock of my life when the messages started coming in after I took down the "fence."

Its been about a week and I'd say anywhere from about two thirds to three quarters of the messages I've received have been from men 32 years old or younger. A good majority of that group are in their 20s.
I guess it should be flattering and it is to a point. Certainly, its better than being called ugly, but I feel like most of them are just looking for quick sex and I just wonder if there is some vibe I am putting out that makes them think that I'd be so blown away having a much younger man write to me that I'd totally forget about everything I wrote in my profile about wanting a serious relationship and will just jump right into bed with them.

So my question is, does this happen to all women my age? Let me be more specific. I know every woman my age is going to get messaged by some younger guys, but do they all wind up deluged by men more than one and even two decades younger than them or is there just something about me that makes me a target?

And my other question is, How can I avoid this. I dont want to put the strict age limits back on my mail settings for the reason I mentioned earlier. So does anyone have any idea what I can put in my profile to make it clear I'm not looking for someone who needs a fake ID to order wine when we go out together or someone too young to rent a car.

I know I could probably just put what I just wrote into my profile, but I want to be a little gentle. I'm really trying to avoid having a negative sounding profile, so if anyone has any ideas, Id love to hear them. I'd also love to hear if other women in my age group are experiencing the same phenomenon.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 197 (view)

what about GUYS performing oral sex?
Posted: 5/12/2012 7:59:04 PM

It's a bit insulting to say that. If someone genuinely is disgusted by an act but yet is expected to perform it by nearly everyone, this removes his status as a "man"?

Okay, you like it a lot. That's cool, that's great for you and everyone who likes it, but leave it at that. It's a personal preference, nothing more. I would not want to be with a girl that did not enjoy doing something I liked, but did it anyway to "please me". That's horrible.

For the most part I respect the fact that everyone has different likes and dislikes and what one person enjoys doing, another person might be turned off by and that's usually ok.

However, this is one of the exceptions. For me and alot of other men and women, oral sex is as basic to the sexual experience as intercourse. Its almost like saying you're turned off by straight sex or kissing. I'm sure some people do hate regular sex or kissing, but would I want to be with someone like that? Nope. Would most women? Probably not.

Are you still a man? Well you have a penis and you're past adolescence so yes you're a man. But to say you are disgusted by your lover's genitals makes you come across as having a rather immature and stunted sexuality.

Seriously, to hear a man say he finds performing oral sex on a woman disgusting makes me think of a young kid saying "Eww, girls are gross!"

Many women are rather shy and self conscious when it comes to their own sexuality, so its kind of a bummer to be with a man who doesnt love every aspect of your body. On the other hand, there is nothing hotter than having a guy who is turned on by everything about us. A guy who loves not only how we look, but how we smell and taste and who gets his greatest pleasure from pleasuring his woman is truly a real man in the bedroom and the type of guy that I treasure as a lover.

I know this post might come across as harsh. I'm sorry. I know its not easy to give your honest opinion especially when you're in the minority, so I'm not trying to be mean, just letting you know why some people might react so strongly to the notion of a man who does not like to orally pleasure his woman. I see you are 21. So you are quite young. Your tastes might change as you get older. For your sake as well as the sake of your future lovers, I certainly hope this is the case. Anyway, try not to close your mind. Do what you can to remove this mental block you have so that someday you 'll be able to enjoy this aspect of the sexual experience.
 GoldinSFla

Not getting many replies.......
Posted: 5/12/2012 2:41:42 PM
Most men on here have to do leg work to meet women. Its just how it is. Women usually get alot of messages, and men, no matter how great, always seem to get fewer.

You're also at a disadvantage being so young. There aren't that many women on here that are your age or younger and not too many women who are older are looking for a 20 year old.
But you're a nice looking guy and you seem to have your head on straight, so the good news is, as you get older you'll find more and more women interested in you.
The bad news is that no matter what, if you remain on this site, you will probably have to be proactive and do most of the messaging to meet women. Good luck to you
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 131 (view)

Do women like men who like Feet?
Posted: 5/7/2012 1:58:17 PM
I have very sensitive feet in a good way, so I really like a man who appreciates mine. I love having them rubbed, massaged, gently tickled, washed, and any other kind of T.L.C a man can think of. And when a guy acts as if its a privilege to give his woman that kind of pleasure, then its a real turn on for me.

I actually like men's feet sometimes too. But only if a man is otherwise very sexy. For example, Ive had a crush on the lead singer of the German band Rammstein for several years now and I even mention them in my profile.

I've seen a few pictures of him barefooted. He's a big man with large feet and I'm absolutely fascinated by them. I imagine sitting on the floor at his feet or finding him asleep on the couch, his bare feet sticking out and playing with them.

Its not a fetish though. I don't prefer them to other body parts, just that I can appreciate them as attractive parts as well.

Show ALL Forums