Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Separated
 Karrpilot
Msg: 2 (view)

Separated
Posted: 8/13/2012 2:54:26 PM
Perhaps you will have better luck after your divorce is final.
 Karrpilot
Msg: 21 (view)

First Date - Should It Be Special??
Posted: 3/13/2010 2:06:27 PM
I have done it both ways, and prefer going casual the first time. I can do a special date later on if A: There even is a 2nd date. And B: If there is a cemistry / connection to said person.

I know of a great Chinese place back in my home town. Quiet, good food, never crowded, and one can have a decent conversation.
 Karrpilot
Msg: 7 (view)

Why is the Illinois Forum not very active?
Posted: 2/11/2010 7:13:49 PM
I agree. I did not dance when i was in highschool almost 30 years ago, and am not about to now.
 Karrpilot
Msg: 3 (view)

Snow Days
Posted: 2/11/2010 7:10:48 PM
Go to work and move the snow off the road.
 Karrpilot
Msg: 29 (view)

Aurora is Rockin SAT. FEB 6th - Hot Live Band C-Factor~~~
Posted: 2/4/2010 3:12:45 PM
I have tried to tell the ladies about the party, Blondeindian. You were correct in the fact that a lot of women have blockers / restrictions on who can contact them.

If i am called out to work this saturday, that would be the only thing stopping me from showing up.
 Karrpilot

A more formal dressed event maybe?
Posted: 1/29/2010 2:20:55 PM
I am up for it. I am so tired of seeing women dressed like they just took out the trash.

Just because i am a mechanic does not mean i am going out in public looking like one. Especially when i am trying to make something happen dating wise.
 Karrpilot
Msg: 13 (view)

~~~Paytons Roundhouse in Aurora is Rockin SAT. FEB 6th - Hot Live Band C-Factor~~~
Posted: 1/27/2010 5:34:44 PM
I am curious. If the management wants a head count, and you are telling us to bring friends, wouldn't that ixnay the head count?

Pardon me for being so literal, but there you have it.
 Karrpilot
Msg: 18 (view)

Widow/Widower baggage versus the others??
Posted: 1/23/2010 4:36:19 PM
I have dated both women who were widowed and divorced. And given the choice, i prefer the widowed women.

Because they did not walk away from their marriage. Good, bad, or other wise. Not to imply that all women do that, but it does happen. For various reasons.

And the fact that one never knows about the ex when dating a divorced woman. The ex could be stalking her. I would not want to be caught in the middle of that. Or come out to my car and find my windows smashed out with my tires flat.
 Karrpilot

Chivalry: Does it Mean anything to You?
Posted: 1/14/2010 3:21:29 PM
My step grandfather had a saying, and i quote: Chivalry is dead, and i helped kill it.

Of course, he also had another saying: You will meet more honest people in a bar than you ever will in a church. I sure do miss him.

But i do agree. with the last poster. If i do not get it shown back to me, and i am only treated and looked at like i am a dating ATM, this pilot is going flying. And without a co-pilot. Get my drift?
 Karrpilot
Msg: 6 (view)

Losing weight - here's how I am doing it..what about you?
Posted: 12/15/2009 2:58:12 PM
I do not worry about that. I vary between 155 - 160 lbs. My secret? It is called WORK.

I do not sit around all day in a cubicle pushing a pencil. Nor staring at a computer screen. I eat good healthy foods as well. I would like to get in more exercize, but that can be my new years resolution.

Along with flying more.
 Karrpilot

Why don't you go to POF Social Mixer Events?
Posted: 11/23/2009 7:15:02 PM
I try to make the ones in the Aurora area. If and when my work schedule does not conflict. But the ones where i can hear the music 50 feet from the entrance with the doors shut, i take a pass on.
 Karrpilot
Msg: 5 (view)

POF CHICAGO
Posted: 11/17/2009 3:28:57 PM
I stopped going to the meet up . com thing 2 years ago. My experiance was that the majority of the members were going to them for the event & function.

Not to actually date and or interact in that way.

I can meet all kinds of people thru my work and my hobby. I do not need meet up . com for that. Meeting the single and available ones out to actually date, that seems to be the problem..........................
 Karrpilot

Why is the Illinois Forum not very active?
Posted: 10/31/2009 5:36:32 PM
As soon as you find out, please let me know. I was wondering the same thing.

When i previously posted in the general colums, i was getting replies from women all over the country. However, even though flying is my hobby, i do not want to take a plane ride to pick up a date.

And now with me soon to be on call with my job, my flying time is going to be few and far between.
 karrpilot
Msg: 11 (view)

Footsie
Posted: 8/18/2009 5:31:51 PM
My first girl friend was like that. Drove me out of my mind. VERY hot.

Now fast forward almost 20 years. Where are thease women today?
 karrpilot

An interesting observation: Lots of single CUB fans.
Posted: 4/6/2009 2:49:01 PM
I can go to the Kane County Cougars and spend a fraction of what it would cost me in tickets, food, parking, etc, to see either Chicago team.
 Karrpilot

We are children of the 80's~~~~or Generation X
Posted: 2/7/2009 4:04:04 PM
Cool read. I am not much older than you. But i did a lot of the same things. I would say i was a child of the 70's.

I lost my Atari 2600 in the flood of 1996. Along with almost 50 games. I am old, eh?

I still drink Dr. Pepper. The real stuff. I can not stand anything diet. Like i even need a diet.

I too have wondered why some people wear flannel in the summer. Along with their pants down around their knees.
 Karrpilot

Introduction
Posted: 12/25/2008 7:06:07 PM
William, how about a little friendly advise?

1. Post a picture. Most women think that men who do not post pictures are married. They do not want their wifes to find them on internet dating sites.

2. Brush up on your grammar. You post was full of errors.

3. If you live in Indiana, why are you posting in Illinois? That also might raise a few ladies eyebrows and turn them off.
 karrpilot

Sexy pics
Posted: 12/4/2008 5:02:40 PM
I guess you must be doing something right with 90 men on your favorits list.

However, some men like myself do not have web cams. Not all of us are that computer savy. Any you could be missing out on a potential mate. If that is what you are looking for.

Myself, i think that sexy pictures should be left off a web / dating site. There are a lot of perverts out there. After they get posted, who knows what could / would get back to you.

And losing a job is just one of the many outcomes.

A nice dress and heels tastefully done might work better. Leave something for the imagination. If you catch my drift.
 karrpilot
Msg: 10 (view)

Where's granny's advice when you need it?
Posted: 12/1/2008 5:43:12 PM
My grand father gave me this advise:

One will always find more honest people in a bar than in a church.

Old codger was right !
 karrpilot

Posting pics of a couple or not?
Posted: 12/1/2008 5:34:15 PM
I think this thread has been done to death, but how hard is it to get someone to take your picture?

And with only you in it?

Then there can be no doubt.
 karrpilot
Msg: 8 (view)

What is wrong with people?
Posted: 11/20/2008 3:01:41 PM
What is wrong with people is their parents did a few drugs back in the day.

As far as standards go, have you tried lowering them?

The humor thing, i am working on that. I had better not quit my day job, eh?
 karrpilot

how can you tell that a guy is really gay? even if he acts strait?
Posted: 11/4/2008 3:00:36 PM
Ask to use his computer. Then look at his internet history files

You see any blue boy stuff, BINGO.
 karrpilot

Is their such a thing as love at first sifght or sight unseen love?
Posted: 10/27/2008 3:05:36 PM
Yes, there is such a thing. It happened to me once before.

Of course, a lot of things happen to me.
 karrpilot

POF Halloween Party - November 1st At Payton's in Aurora!
Posted: 10/23/2008 7:28:44 PM
This sounds like a lot of fun. And close to home. Sign me up.
 karrpilot
Msg: 14 (view)

How immature before you say enough?
Posted: 10/22/2008 4:54:56 PM
Define immature. I recently had a date with a lady in her late 30's. The date went very well. We seemed to have a lot in common. Not from this site. A mutual friend set us up.

She kissed me at the end of our date, and told me to call her later in the week. So i did. She did not answer the phone. It went to voice mail. I waited a couple of days, same thing. Almost a week later, she finally calls me back. And we make another date.

Later on, she cancels said date. And we make another one. Along with the phone tag thing going on. Guess what? She cancels again. This time i am getting a little irritated in her. I give it a few days. I make one last phone call. Again, voice mail. I never called her back, and she has not called me either. I now have said enough.
 karrpilot

getting a date offline
Posted: 10/20/2008 5:02:27 PM
Most of my dates are from the internet. I work in a mostly all male envirorment.

Although my neighbor is always trying to set me up with either her clients or friends, nothing has worked out yet. She has a dog walking business, and knows a few single ladies in the area.

I used to go to some singles groups, like meet up dot com, but i found that most of the women wanted to either talk about the event, or talk to each other. So i stopped going to them.

And my hobby, well, a lot of women think i am crazy and have a deathwish. But that is just not the case.
 karrpilot
Msg: 10 (view)

I've been thinking..
Posted: 10/20/2008 4:54:42 PM
Let us see........... I take out the trash. I fix the cars. I repair the plumbing. I do light electrical work. With the help of a good friend, i replaced my hot water heater.

I replaced a sink, faucet, garbage disposal. This summer i replaced some bad / rotted decking on the porch. Along with fixing the steps. Somethings i leave to the professionals.

Like replacing the roof. I do not need to end up in a hospital just because i was trying to save a buck.
 Karrpilot
Msg: 4 (view)

Do you think a woman who wants to be a stay at home wife is a gold digger?
Posted: 10/19/2008 2:37:26 PM
I do not think what you want is being a gold digger. But let me give you a different outlook on this.

If the men you date barely make enough to support themselfs, how are they ever going to support a wife and kids?
 Karrpilot

Suggestions for a great Saturday night date?
Posted: 10/18/2008 5:09:27 AM
I have suggested in the past a flight for a 2nd date. Maybe someday i will find a lady who would actually take me up on that offer ?
 Karrpilot

Biggest first date turn offs
Posted: 10/17/2008 7:48:27 PM
Earlier this year i met a lady for dinner. A little awkward, but most first dates are, eh ?

Conversation was going good, there seemed to be a connection between the 2 of us. Or so i thought.

When the check came, she put down $10.00, and told me she had to hurry up and get back to her kids. And got up and left. Before i could finish paying the bill.

On her way out, she said good night, and wanted a flight with me the next time i go up.

I said sure. Whatever. Then i deleted her number, and never contacted her again.
 Karrpilot
Msg: 46 (view)

Night Shift....
Posted: 10/16/2008 6:16:13 PM
Last year was killer. After i worked the day shift, i was on call for the night shift. If i thought i might get called out, i would race home. Then i would attempt to do whatever i needed to do. Run errands, read mail, eat, etc. Then i would try my best to be in bed and asleep by 7:00pm. Not all that easy.

Then i would get the dreaded 1:00 am wake up call. And start the whole process all over again.

Pay is good, but i can forget about dating. Or flying. Or anything else.
 Karrpilot
Msg: 18 (view)

Got stood up by two woman at once.
Posted: 10/16/2008 5:19:47 PM
What i want to know is when do you sleep?
 Karrpilot

Dating....Any advice?
Posted: 10/14/2008 6:00:53 PM
My advise is to start heavily. But seriously, most high school sweetheart romances end in divorce. My parents included. You dodged a bullit. Be thankfull.

Just move on. Life has other plans for you. Enjoy life and get out there.

Maybe take some pilot's lessons.
 Karrpilot

Seating at dinner
Posted: 10/9/2008 3:49:41 PM
I liked it when i was sitting next to one of my old girlfriends. We were trying to converse with the other couple across from us. As she slid her left leg over my right leg.

Then of course i had to massage her thigh. And attempt to carry on the conversation at the same time.

We needed a room rather quickly after that episode.
 Karrpilot

Showing off
Posted: 10/9/2008 2:05:05 PM
Any fool can empty his pockets to buy a ride. Boring.

No imagination. And when you are stuck in traffic going nowhere, does it matter if your backside is in a beat up old Chevy, or a brand new Cadillac?
 Karrpilot

Skeletons. How long should you keep them in the closet?
Posted: 10/7/2008 7:32:01 PM
I usually get mine out right away. 1 or 2 dates. If the lady in question bolts, and most do, then i have wasted enough time on her.

I am not going into it here, but you get the point.
 Karrpilot
Msg: 12 (view)

Importance of Words
Posted: 10/7/2008 7:28:20 PM
The most important thing a woman could ask me is if i would make her a member of the mile high club. It has not happened yet, but i can dream, eh?
 Karrpilot

is it rude to pre-empt a text message/call
Posted: 10/5/2008 10:27:08 AM
Do not use the term (Shot Down) It makes some of us quite nervous.

I think it is rude to pre-empt a call. I do not use my call waiting feature. I can only talk to one person at a time.
 Karrpilot

How to get back into dating after 20 years.
Posted: 10/4/2008 8:14:41 PM
I was out of the dating pool for a while also. It is hard for me too. I am not into women with tatoos. I do not care for women who have had children out of wed lock. I am not into overly religious women. My list could go on, but you get the point.

Trying to find a woman that i can connect with is a challenge. But i am more than up for it.
 Karrpilot
Msg: 9 (view)

Breaking hearts is breaking my heart......
Posted: 10/4/2008 6:12:19 AM
Years ago i broke up with someone i cared deeply about. Most times it is the other way around, but that is a different story.

My reasons were she was a Klingon. If she was not on the telephone calling me, she was calling her family. I was suppossed to be her entertainment.

At night i was. But in all honesty, i look at it like this: If a person i am going out with, i do not want to wake up to the next day, or go thru life with, it is time to move on.
 Karrpilot

She makes alot more than you do
Posted: 10/4/2008 6:02:37 AM
I thought all women made more than i do.

I would probably marry her.
 Karrpilot
Msg: 16 (view)

One piece of advice
Posted: 10/3/2008 8:12:39 PM
The best piece of advise i learned from my grand father. And i quote: You will run into more honest people in a bar than you ever will in a church.

Good and true advise, if you ask me. And as i have gone thru life, the old man was dead on right.
 Karrpilot

Improper English and/or Grammar?
Posted: 10/3/2008 8:07:51 PM
No, that is yes, i am here. I try to use correct grammar as much as possible. And i refuse to have anything to do with texting, or short hand.

I might be in a red-neck type of profession, but i do not have to act like it. I try to rise above the rest of the low life crowd. And i hope to be doing a good job of it.
 Karrpilot

Does it usually mean you're ugly?
Posted: 10/3/2008 7:57:28 PM
Your profile says you are a christian woman looking for a christian man. That in itself would turn me off right then and there. And i am a christian.

Because that sends a signal to me and i am sure a lot of other guys that you are a holy roller. I take my mother to church once a year, and that is enough for me. I would rather go out on a saturday night and and then on sunday.

So it is not really an ugly issue. At least for me. Of course, i have been told i look better in person than my pictures.
 Karrpilot

If guys can do everything they need already....
Posted: 10/3/2008 7:46:27 PM
Have you ever tried to push an airplane into a parking spot by yourself? It ain't fun.

But seriously, yes, i can do most everything by myself. Do i like doing it? No. Would i like someone to be there for me? Yes.

Besides, going thru life and not having someone to share things with is a pretty empty feeling. But i would rather do that myself than with someone who was just going thru the motions pretending to enjoy what i do. That is worse, i think.
 Karrpilot

Changing others' perceptions of yourself?
Posted: 10/1/2008 7:12:19 PM
I doubt one could change anyones perceptions. And why would you even want to try? If they can not accept you for who you are, maybe it is time for some new friends?

I have work friends, aviation friends, and realitives. I tell them all the same thing.

How do you like me now?
 Karrpilot

What's up with that?
Posted: 10/1/2008 4:38:36 PM
Some women like a challenge, and want to change their man. No matter how bad he is.
 Karrpilot

Burn baby, burn! Would you torch a lover's things?
Posted: 10/1/2008 4:28:54 PM
No, i would not either. And i have not. I have kept the few things i was given. Because there were not that many.
 Karrpilot
Msg: 15 (view)

Men and Adoption
Posted: 9/30/2008 6:14:25 PM
Ok, so then if you tell the guy no, how would you explain the stretch marks?
 Karrpilot

wine and a dvd
Posted: 9/30/2008 2:33:38 PM
I might start with wine, and then work my way up to Jim Beam. And it don't take long sometimes.

Show ALL Forums