Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Beware...kissing can make you fall.
 ktdid78
Msg: 7 (view)

Beware...kissing can make you fall.
Posted: 9/30/2009 5:54:18 PM
Sounds like he might have been with that person for a while and realized what he was doing with you was cheating on her. Just my take on it. But to answer our question, yes. I find that if the chemistry is there for phenomonal kissing to take place, then I do fall for the person quicker than I expect to...but I also slow myself down when I can actually catch my breath to evaluate everything with a clear mind.
 ktdid78
Msg: 9 (view)

I Wonder....If we put too much emphasis on sex in a relationship.
Posted: 9/9/2009 1:33:20 PM
I think it takes more than sex to be a life partner with someone. There has to be that deeply rooted connection of understanding and love for a relationship to last the test of time. While sex helps this reconnection in the physical sense, there are other ways to also express this loyalty through romance, appreciation, and patience with each other.
 ktdid78
Msg: 5 (view)

Sending Mixed Signals
Posted: 9/9/2009 12:19:24 PM
I'm going to agree with housekitten on this one I'm afraid
 ktdid78
Msg: 19 (view)

My daughter calling someone else dad
Posted: 9/9/2009 12:02:19 PM
Armydad that has to have stirred up many emotions for you in a short amount of time. Hang in there and I wish you the best of luck in however you choose to get through it
 ktdid78
Msg: 15 (view)

My daughter calling someone else dad
Posted: 9/9/2009 12:16:57 AM
no matter the situation this is not an easy thing to deal with. My son doesn't call my ex's girlfriend (has a child with her) his mom but he has slipped a few times in front of me when he got his words tangled up. this ripped my heart out so i can imagine what you are experiencing. i wish i had some amazing words of wisdom but unfortunately the only thing we can trust is that we do our best to raise our children the best way we can and pray it is good enough to earn the title of mom/dad when they are old enough to really know what the word means to us as parents.
 ktdid78
Msg: 152 (view)

Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/8/2009 11:13:47 AM
I love to cook - it is one of the ways I was raised to express your feelings for someone - friends, family and significant others all can be made to feel special when the time and heart go into a meal prepared just for them, with them in mind. It's when these meals go unappreciated that a frozen pizza sounds like a better idea ;)
 ktdid78
Msg: 8 (view)

When does 'love' happen?
Posted: 9/8/2009 11:11:13 AM
I believe each match is different - we each have our different paths after all. Some may have that instant connection where you feel like you've known each other your whole lives and can't wait to complete the remaining chapters together. Some may need to build the attraction over time as you develop a sense of eachother that you did not have before. Over time this can grow into feelings that were not there before.
 ktdid78
Msg: 11 (view)

You're not dating material, you're marriage material.
Posted: 4/9/2009 7:51:00 PM
Maybe he thinks you are not willing to experience the fun part of dating that comes as you build a relationship. Are you someone who rushes into long term?
 ktdid78
Msg: 14 (view)

Do relationships still have romance?
Posted: 4/8/2009 7:14:45 PM
LA Alex, I think you're right! Romance in some form and level has to be there fr a relationship to have staying power.
 ktdid78
Msg: 15 (view)

Do you tell them straight away????
Posted: 4/7/2009 8:41:17 PM
I tried very hard to keep my marriage together, but it does take two to make that work. On the brighter side, I am fortunate enough to have a son who has taught me the meaning of life and love all over again. Any man who I bring into my life will know up front that I am the proud mom of a kindergartner who I devote most of my attention to. I think it's important to let them know up front my priorities and where they might fit in.
 ktdid78
Msg: 10 (view)

Do relationships still have romance?
Posted: 4/7/2009 8:37:29 PM
I've always said romance is simply an expression of appreciation between a couple. Holding hands, helping with the dishes, a neck rub after a long day are all daily gestures of romance. Yes, some moments may be more elaborate and thought out, but romance really in its core is about appreciating each other and showing it.
 ktdid78

Second chances
Posted: 4/7/2009 8:35:34 PM
True it is sometimes easier to be the one who calls it quits than to be on the receiving end, however I believe that there are some who perhaps WANT to be the person you need. Maybe they want to have those qualities, or maybe even see themselves as someone who does.
 ktdid78
Msg: 76 (view)

how to prevent getting hard in bed with a woman?
Posted: 2/7/2009 9:31:52 AM
Short of jerking off before you get in bed or keep your back to her I'm not sure there is a way. Maybe don't let the heavy make out session happen when you're about to get to sleep. Prevent the situation before it occurs kind of thing.
 ktdid78

Relationships you hold......
Posted: 2/5/2009 7:43:48 PM
I have never heard that saying. I suppose in a way it could be true. I personality think that the person you choose to have a relationship with needs to be strong in the areas where you are weak and vice versa. I don't think this would really go with the mirror image theory... ah, but the mirror image is opposite isn't it?
 ktdid78
Msg: 17 (view)

have you contacted your ex after you left them
Posted: 2/3/2009 6:31:23 PM
I have had someone break up with me and call me the same night. I think that he did not really know my expectations, and only assumed them. We had a breif but interesting conversation that left me with more questions than I was willing to ask since I didn't want to feel like I was pushing myself on him. The call however did not leave me convinced that it is what he truly wanted due to some changes in the story.

While I was relieved that he didn't just drop me and gave me the chance to get closure, part of me was left hoping that after he thought things over, that he would be man enough to admit he made a mistake if indeed he thought he had. I think that is a big hang up with a lot of guys, that they don't like to admit that they made that mistake. Yes, there is always that chance that they made the right decision by leaving, but sometimes it takes a bigger person to admit when they're wrong.

Obviously every situation is different. I'm not sure of the situation of the original post but this was one of my examples.
 ktdid78
Msg: 81 (view)

girl who wants to take it slow!
Posted: 1/17/2009 8:09:22 PM
Go slow, build that trust and make her feel safe and secure. If you really like her, this should be what you're doing anyways.
 ktdid78
Msg: 2 (view)

Just wondering
Posted: 1/17/2009 8:08:03 PM
Women like feeling wanted. In my opinion, she felt the need for a bit of attention and felt that tugging on a little bit of jealousy would get her just that.
 ktdid78
Msg: 73 (view)

Have you found and then lost your soulmate?
Posted: 1/17/2009 8:03:03 PM
Sometimes I think I may have, but I'm holding out hope that if it really was meant to be, it wouldn't have ended. There must be a true match still out there.
 ktdid78

The pictures on the wall
Posted: 1/5/2009 6:21:25 PM
I think it's immature. Are we talking about high school boys or men?
 ktdid78
Msg: 6 (view)

Dirty talk vs. Erotic talk
Posted: 1/3/2009 7:49:42 PM

Erotic has a little more thought put into it. Plus, more colors on the palette. (red, green, yellow, blue)

Dirty talk is just one color : sh*t brown.

Couldn't have said this better if I tried!
 ktdid78

She's Too Into You!
Posted: 1/3/2009 7:43:58 PM
So many of these posts are saying constant contact IM/Text/Phone etc. Have you guys communicated to the woman what is too much? I'm the type of girl (and so are most of the women I know) that I think about the guy I'm with constantly and am tempted to let him know it. I will however respect it when the guy says Hi honey, I'm going out with the guys but will call you tomorrow on your lunch break. As long as he truly does follow through on the lunch break the next day, this not only builds trust but also fulfills the woman's desire for communication of expectations.
 ktdid78
Msg: 16 (view)

Moving too Fast? OR Just the Norm
Posted: 12/4/2008 6:36:41 PM
If she says I love you before you're ready, and you do still want to date her, tell her thanks and that you're flattered. Early parts of a relationship are the most exciting and a whirlwind of emotions are felt. Tell her you want to take the time to really understand what you're feeling before you share too much too soon.
 ktdid78

Love is for poets
Posted: 11/18/2008 4:40:30 PM
I ruin my chances all the time! I get swept up in the bliss of the initial dating/relationship stages. All of a sudden I can't get enough of the guy and love to hear from him whenever possible. When he stops the attention without warning, part of me gets paranoid I guess and rather than pull back and wait for him to make the move, I blow it and message "what's wrong?" blah blah blah. I hate myself as I type it but I can't control it either lol!
If a guy can survive the initial craziness and realize he just needs to communicate everything would calm down with me. Tell me he can't talk until after 7pm or that he'll call at 6pm (and actually do it) and that's all I need to feel safe cozy and secure again in the moment.
 ktdid78

people you think of as friends
Posted: 11/18/2008 4:33:52 PM
I'm confused. You said that you put aside your feelings and were able to just be friends. She disappeared for a little while, but did try to call to keep in touch even though you didn't answer. Sounds like she was trying to be a friend and you're the one choosing not to move past things...
 ktdid78
Msg: 12 (view)

Why is it that guys chase you until they have you interested then...
Posted: 10/19/2008 6:24:06 PM
If you can figure out why, let me know!
 ktdid78

sexual tention on a date with out the needed attraction!
Posted: 10/12/2008 7:42:23 PM
In my experience it's the ones who have no brains at all but all body... Thankfully my conscience usually kicks in!
 ktdid78

How do you recognize a controller?
Posted: 10/12/2008 7:39:48 PM
When a guy doesn't appreciate that my time must go to my son first, and he is not willing to respect that I cannot talk during certain times... I've found that to be controlling. I've had several guys take up my time during the day while I'm at work and all night on the phone/texts/IM's. Geesh! Come on! I'm a busy woman and I love attention, and give it freely, but I need time too!
 ktdid78

Would you leave him if he is impotent?
Posted: 10/6/2008 7:46:08 PM
Can he take the medicine and some Ibuprofen at the same time?
 ktdid78
Msg: 4 (view)

Giving out your phone number
Posted: 10/6/2008 7:43:52 PM
oh good grief! Thankfully, i cannot say that this has ever happened to me, nor have I gone so far as to do this to anyone else. Why go through that much effort? Geesh!
 ktdid78

most unusual/funny revelation/discovery of the deal-breaker...
Posted: 10/6/2008 7:41:38 PM
I'm seriously thinking about writing a book with all my bad date moments. Heck I should use a montage of unwanted and unrequested p*nis pics I've been sent as the cover! In any case, this thread has been an enjoyable read, thanks ;)
 ktdid78

Would you leave him if he is impotent?
Posted: 10/6/2008 7:21:29 PM
If we had a long relationship going prior to this, then no. If this was something that I found out before we had the chance to form that bond, then I'm afraid I probably would. Like a previous poster said, there are treatments for this. Find out the cause and work to a resolution.
 ktdid78

Can't say I'm sorry or I apologize, why?
Posted: 10/5/2008 7:41:00 PM
I cringe when I hear I'm sorry. Most times, the person saying it doesn't even realize what really hurt you and why they should really be sorry. Secondly, they usually aren't that sorry for their action, only that it upset you. To me, a true apology isn't just in words but in actions. The action they have apologized for will not be repeated if they truly feel sorry. This often is not the case.
 ktdid78

How do you know when you're in love with someone, or whether it's just infatuation?
Posted: 10/2/2008 2:31:20 PM
When they're annoying quirks are something that you have come to find charming and you miss the annoyance when they're gone. That's love.

When your family member is dying and you're crying mess, and that person is there for you holding your hand and making sure your family is taken care of and not just you. That's love.

When you see your future in their eyes and can't imagine raising your children with any one else. That's love.

I could go on, but I think these are life's romances and describe all about the love that we all look to fill our lives with.
 ktdid78
Msg: 26 (view)

girlfriend flashing at parties
Posted: 10/1/2008 7:46:04 PM
Even if she is doing it for the fun/excitement/thrill/attention/humor, she is being disrespectful of you. Being a fun-loving gal or not, if she's dating you its wrong. As she gets a bit more older, it's just immature.
 ktdid78
Msg: 40 (view)

Single until you are married???
Posted: 10/1/2008 7:39:59 PM
I'm not wired that way! If I go on a date with someone and I like him, I'm going to tell him. If it's mutual, I think the only real way to find out if something there is to only see that person until I know if there seems to be potential for a future or not. If not, we can both move on without wondering what if we gave it more of a chance?
 ktdid78

My Ex girlfriend breaks up with me, But then we're still friends, How Do I Get Her Back?
Posted: 8/24/2008 7:44:08 PM
Well I have to say if I was the ex girlfriend, and had any hopes of wanting to get back together, seeing you online here looking for an intimate encounter would completely turn me off to it. It seems like physical is the only thing you're craving. Just my opinion as a lady, take it or leave it.
 ktdid78
Msg: 21 (view)

Guy freaks out during sex
Posted: 8/18/2008 6:47:49 PM
I think you handled the situation better than most girls in the same position. I'm floored by your efforts and it's a shame that he didn't appreciate them as much as us readers have.
 ktdid78
Msg: 3 (view)

vaginal orgasms in belgium
Posted: 8/6/2008 6:36:15 PM
This sounds like a study that would actually make me take an interest in science. Unfortunately I couldnt get my browser to find the address I pasted into it from the OP. Dang.
 ktdid78

Dating a deaf person...
Posted: 8/4/2008 3:35:57 PM
You do sound like a great guy, and are attractive but I hate to say that it could be that you're attracted to women who are not confident in themselves enough to handle your disability. Perhaps it embarrasses them. Deaf people do sound different than an average speaking person when they do try to speak. I hate to say people can be so petty but some are.
You deserve to be with someone who is proud to be with you. Be patient, I'm sure you'll find her.
 ktdid78

Is it ok for a person with a S/O to flirt with others ?
Posted: 8/4/2008 3:21:21 PM
I'm a flirter in general, however when I'm with someone I significantly cut back if not completely out of respect to my SO.
 ktdid78

Multiples vs. One or None & Motivation
Posted: 8/4/2008 3:18:42 PM
I'm usually a one to three time kind of gal myself. After I'm done with the last one I tend to get bored and hope the guy finishes rather than see how many i can go for.
 ktdid78

percentage lying about age
Posted: 8/3/2008 7:04:58 PM
Why start a potential relationship with lies? What do you have to lose at this point? The lies should come later don't ya think?
 ktdid78

Am I wasting my time?
Posted: 8/3/2008 6:53:53 PM
He sounds like a catch in my opinion. Its great to know a man has priorities, and even better if you know where you fit in with them. If you're not where you want to be, and talking about it doesn't help, then you know its not the right match. As far as the sex, he's either just not that into you, or seriously is trying not to work himself up and compromise his values. I don't see a problem with it if everything else falls into place.
 ktdid78
Msg: 10 (view)

This crazy thing called TRUST
Posted: 7/31/2008 7:09:02 PM

How can I trust someone so I wouldn t be lonely?

You're never going to trust someone out of pity to yourself. Gain some self confidence and independence. The lonliness may still ache a bit, but the need to fill it versus a want to fill this void is a huge difference. When you don't depend on someone, it is easier to trust them. It's when you depend on someone to fill a void, that its hard to trust as you believe they may dissappoint you or worse.
just my 2 cents.
 ktdid78
Msg: 13 (view)

Should attraction be on the first date.
Posted: 7/31/2008 7:05:27 PM
An average looking man can be completely gorgeous to me once cupids arrow strikes me. The personality definitely is what drives it over the top. On the other hand, if I am not physically attracted at all, this will grow into nothing more but a friendship.
What a wonderful thing to be attracted to someone both physically and psychologically!
 ktdid78

Should I tell my ex's parents shes a pathological liar?
Posted: 7/30/2008 7:50:17 PM
Your parents are right. Yes, she may need help, but until she thinks she does - its not going to happen. Tattling on her to her parents will make her situation worse, not better. Find a way to move on and move past it.
 ktdid78

The 3 Day Rule
Posted: 7/30/2008 7:48:25 PM
Screw the rule! If I like a guy, I talk or text him again the same day after the date! The guy I met tonight knew how special I thought he was before he went to bed tonight. If I appear too desperate for communicating so soon, I don't care. This is who I am. I communicate. don't guys always say they want to know what goes on in a girls mind? Well baby, I'm going to let you know it. I put it out there, and at least then no body is in the dark.
 ktdid78
Msg: 17 (view)

to the foot lovers
Posted: 7/30/2008 7:45:12 PM
I once had a boyfriend who love to bite the soles of my feet playfully. That was kind of fun. Another boyfriend would suck my toes - that grossed me out. I guess it all depends on the feeling of it. I'd rather a guy just stick to massaging my feet and gently kiss the top and leave it at that!
 ktdid78

best friends and sex
Posted: 7/30/2008 7:29:40 PM
Friends remain friends and become family to me. I would not sleep with a brother and I would not sleep with a friend.
Intimacy, passion, romance and friendship need to grow hand in hand to become a true relationship.
 ktdid78

Ax the ex, get past the past...and why not??
Posted: 7/29/2008 8:13:12 PM
Find out why they broke up first. If there wasn't an attraction there for example, or she did not feel chemistry between them, perhaps you would feel easier about the friendship. If he broke up with her to be with someone else, then I'd be wondering about the friendship as well because it sounds like she's looking for his approval and to be a part of his life in any way she can and hasn't let go. Again, this may not be the case, but this is where my mind would go.

Show ALL Forums