Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: DUCK-FACE PICTURES...YUUK!!
 blaqman
Msg: 9 (view)

DUCK-FACE PICTURES...YUUK!!
Posted: 6/26/2015 10:59:00 PM
That awful pose is still with us after all these years. I was hopeful that the duck facing/perch lip picture would only be a fad. I have yet to see perch lip that was anywhere as attractive as a smile. Even no facial expression at all would be more attractive. For me, a person making a duck face makes me wonder what's going on in her cranial cavity.

Please bring back the smile.
 blaqman
Msg: 3 (view)

GIRLS WHOM STICK THIER TONGUES OUT
Posted: 7/29/2012 8:38:24 AM
I've seen tons of photos where females stick out their tongue, and I never seen one that looked good. Even an attractive lady seem to lose a morsel of her beauty and refinement such a photo. It's like putting ketchup on Lobster, a bumper sticker on a Ferrari, or watching the Olympics on a 5 inch black and white television - it's never a good thing.
 blaqman
Msg: 451 (view)

Standards of Morality
Posted: 11/2/2008 11:24:20 PM
Whoa there Aerospace, your words are not passing the sniff test here. You are not being consistent in your measure of the situation.

If all 30 of them consent to the arrangement and you can work out the inheritance details so that none of the children is hurt, I just don't have a problem with it.

There are no guarantees that nobody, including children, will not be hurt when someone passes. Also, what does 30 wives have to do with "all" the children, can I not have too many children to support even though I may be married to single lady? Please stay consistent in your ideas, measures, and arguments .

Gays have the same right to marry someone of the opposite sex as do hetros, thus they denied their right.
This is disengenuous and you know it. You want to deny them the right to marry the person of their choice. Why?

Sorry, maybe it is dis-engenuous is your eyes but not mine. Not everyone can marry who they want. We already covered this in the case of incest about 10 pages ago. It is no different here. A homosexual can marry if prop 8 passes just like anyone else. Why do you deny me the right to march around the neighborhood with an AK-47 if it is unloaded? What, what was that? Oh I see, you just don't like it even though nobody would hurt?
Laws help establish rules and protocals for society to function by. The proposition is asking me if I like the traditional definition, and values of marriage. The answer is YES.

Here's an interesting item. Our company open enrollment for benefits is happening right now and this is the new policy:
"Benefits for domestic partners of opposite sex will no longer be available. Benefits for domestic partnerships of the same sex are unaffected." Can you imagine the news in the headlines if it were reversed?
 blaqman
Msg: 440 (view)

Standards of Morality
Posted: 11/2/2008 9:44:29 PM
Sorry Willis, I've never been hurt by anyone who has cheated on a test.

So, what about:

1) Your neighbor who parks his car on the grass. It is his choice and does not offend everyone?

2) You neighbor who paints his own house black with pink trim? Somebody likes that color and if you want to sell your house, it may make the price go higher if you sell to a person who likes such colors

3) A pimp who does employs young but legal aged girls to make his clients happy?

4) Someone walking up and down the street with an unloaded assault rifle and has no ammo?

5) How does it hurt you if someone decides to jump of the Golden Gate.

6) Euthanasia, how does that hurt you?

7) How does it hurt you when someone drives in front of you 20mph below the speed limit?

8) How does it hurt you when an able body person parks in a disabled spot for a second when there are 10 other such spots that are not occupied?

9) How does it hurt you if some perverted scumbag in a trench coat were allowed to flash your wife, your mother, sister, etc.? How does it hurt them?

10) How does it hurt you if Billy-Bob has his goat?

Point is, laws are about co-existing in society and setting rules according to the expectations of society. Not all laws exist because someone might get hurt. The above examples may be laws and ordinances but doesn't mean someone would get injured or hurt
 blaqman
Msg: 436 (view)

Standards of Morality
Posted: 11/2/2008 7:56:19 PM

“…My view is that individual rights are the foundation of morality. If someone's behavior isn't going to harm anyone else, I figure it's none of my business. If it is likely to hurt someone else, or to violate their rights, I consider it immoral.”

Gays have the same right to marry someone of the opposite sex as do hetros, thus they denied their right.

However, I don't know why you guys haven't supported my dream to have 30 wives. - seems so unfair and you are denying me my right to do what I want to do. Afterall, it doesn't harm you.
 blaqman
Msg: 422 (view)

Prop h8 is bigotry
Posted: 11/2/2008 12:17:43 PM

"I don't read much bible, but I seem to recall that someone in there said something about rendering unto Ceasar that which is Ceasar's...? Am I wrong on that? "

Amusinglisa - Huh!, what on earth does that have to do with this topic, please explain?
 blaqman
Msg: 421 (view)

Prop 8 is not bigotry
Posted: 11/2/2008 12:11:19 PM
"Gay marriage could possibly set precedent of brohter-sister marriage, unless it can be shown that the risk of birth defect is sufficiently related to marriage that it cannot be allowed.........."

So AceofSpace, can we assume that you would support brother-sister marriage, or mother son if one or the other can not have children or agree to no pro-create?

"You have been listening to scare tactics that have nothing to do with the issue,........."

You are mistaken here. Just because someone does not like or support something does not mean that they are afraid of it. I do not like buttermilk but it hardly cause me to be scared. I will not vote no because I do support traditional marriage.

It is nice, I guess, that you parents are republicans but it hardly has anything to do with this topic. Please open your eyes and maybe maintain the few strands of moral fiber that remains in this state. If not for the state, then try nature.
 blaqman
Msg: 417 (view)

Prop 8 is not bigotry
Posted: 11/2/2008 7:47:38 AM
Everyone has the right to marry even if Prop 8 passes, gays have the right to marry a person of the opposite sex just like hetros. The next step after the depraved defeat prop 8 is the argument that Californians are unfair because they do not support brother and sister marrying or mother and son. After that comes Billy-Bob and his goat. Yeah, we say it is ridiculous to toss those last two example in pot, and it is. But so too was the perverted idea of marrying two people of the same sex. We may hear some shallow like it is not the same as father and daughter. Problem is, it's EXACTLY the same.
 blaqman
Msg: 361 (view)

Prop 8
Posted: 10/31/2008 5:04:49 PM
I don't mind to admit that I will be voting yes on 8. What I will be voting for is what I like the term "marriage" to mean and my vote is only 1 out of 17million. As far as I am concerned, the outcome can be 17,000,000 to one but at least I vote as I truly feel and not by influence of peer pressure or fear of what others may think.
 blaqman
Msg: 77 (view)

Prenuptial yes or no and why
Posted: 7/10/2007 11:18:05 PM
At my age, I have no choice but to go with a prenupt. The way that I see it is that in the unlikely event of divorce, my ex would deserve 50% of all assets that we acquired during marriage. There should be no expectations that either person would be entitled to assets owned by the other person prior to marriage.
 blaqman
Msg: 1 (view)

Can the talking study be really true?
Posted: 7/6/2007 8:18:34 AM
There's a new study out that suggest the men run off at the mouth just as much a females. While not really an important finding, it did spark surprise. So my question s are 1- what do you think of the validity of the results? Secondly, have you ever been in a relationship where you partner seemed to talk too much?
 blaqman

Weird question so don't laugh.
Posted: 6/23/2007 9:11:38 PM
Have you ever dated someone that you thought was just the person that you were looking to have a relationship with but when you are hanging out at their house, the environment was just too creepy? When I say creepy, I mean that something just wasn't natural - like the place was hunted or you felt that there was an unseen presence. If yes, did this have anything to do with the end of the relationship?
 blaqman
Msg: 26 (view)

Rituals to improve looks but yield opposite results
Posted: 6/23/2007 2:10:53 PM
Women who either wear too much or the type of perfume for their body chemistry.
 blaqman

The Good. Bad and the Ugly ......
Posted: 6/3/2007 11:30:39 PM
Are you in love with a person that you know to be ugly or un-attractive? If so, did you notice that love made the person more phyically attractive to you? Lastly, when you are in an argument or fighting with such a person, do you start to see them as un-attractive again?

I guess this is an attempt to validate the old "love is blind" phase.

For me, I have been attracted to a few people that may not actually be attractive in my eyes. Seems weird.
 blaqman
Msg: 15 (view)

Can carnivores and vegitarians live in harmony?
Posted: 6/1/2007 11:34:17 PM
I can live with a vegetarian as long as she did not try to control what I ate. For the most part, I believe that the vegetarian diet is much healthier for the cardio-vascular system but their are some plants out their that are as bad as the fat of four legged animals. Palm and coconut are two super artery cloggers. As for bad smell, there a only a few meats that can rival the awful smell of durian fruit.

The most ironic observations about so many vegetarians is the proclamation of not being able to stand the taste of meat while all along trying to find the best way of making tofu taste like meat. I never understood that. I've lost count of the number of times a vegetarian said "you can't tell the difference, it taste like meat". More accurately they should say, "it not like meat but it taste really good"

For the meat eaters, I highly recommend giving a nut burger a try. It is awesome but you will consume far more calories than the meat counterpart. But your buds would be pleasantly surprised.

Ok, back to answering the question - as long as the carni and vegi didn't try to control each other's foods, then there should be no problem getting along.
 blaqman
Msg: 5 (view)

Will you ever again ...........
Posted: 6/1/2007 8:58:57 PM
wholesomeheart,

Sorry to hear that divorce has cost you so much. I am looking to retire in 5 years but also it would be nice to find a special someone. But at a 50% plus divorce rate, it just seems too risky at this stage of life.
 blaqman
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 6/1/2007 6:24:22 PM
Ok, it seems that many of you missed the point of the question and got hung up over the million $$ figure. I assure you that here in CA, there are tons of millionaires and it really isn't considered much when a house cost half a million. It is not viewed as rich or anything but still an amount that is hard to come by and considered to be a minimum magic number for retirement unless you're an ex government employee. That being said, if you cannot get back to the magic number, did your divorce blow any chance of any reasonable retirement?
 blaqman

Posted: 6/1/2007 6:40:25 AM
Do you think that you will ever again will become a millionaire after your divorce? It seems that divorce is so financially devastating that it can take half a lifetime to recover. So, I guess the second part to the question is love and marriage worth the risk in a community property - no fault state?
 blaqman
Msg: 10 (view)

Do you have a secret that...........?
Posted: 5/26/2007 11:07:06 AM
For me, I wouldn't tell my significant other anything that I didn't want her girlfriends to know about. Ladies in general like to talk and gossip so why hand over the box of ammo? Keeping a secret is not lying. There's no rule, law, nor should there be an expectation that you must live an open book life just for the sake of avoiding someone's perception of lying by omission. Also, a secret shared with me in confidence will never leave these lips. Not even my wife or gf would know. Heck I don't know but I probably wouldn't even tell a secret in court even though it would not be legally considered privileged.
 blaqman
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 5/25/2007 7:11:45 PM

If I'm not going to share it with my significant other, why would I announce it in a public forum?

TEE

I didn't ask that you share the secret on a public forum. I merely asked what kind of secret should be kept from your so.

Sorry for the confusion
 blaqman

Posted: 5/25/2007 7:03:10 PM
Do you have a secret that is so personal that you will not even ever share it with your significant other or spouse? If so, what kind of secret justify not sharing with the one you claim to love and trust above all others?
 blaqman
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 5/16/2007 7:36:19 PM
Women who cut their hair in such a fashion that it makes them look masculine.
 blaqman
Msg: 335 (view)

Invited a woman to drive 60 miles to meet for a cup of coffee !!
Posted: 5/8/2007 10:02:24 PM
Hmmm, this is an interesting and but silly thread at the same time. Funny to read people's opinions and see the diversity of thoughts out here in the fish pond. My observations and two cents are:

1: OP's complaint about investing an hour or so to meet someone she with whom she was clicking baffles me to no end. I am sure that for the man that was interested in her, the meeting was not about the coffee, but rather to get past the chat stage . For OP, it seemed more to be more about what she can get for free or very little effort or investment on her part. But, only she knows for sure.

2: As for distance, OP's original post indicates that there's as much as 150 miles distance between them if he suggested that 75 miles (60 +15) is more the half way point. This means that while she was investing 60 miles in the meeting, he had already committed to doing 90 miles. So, I ask - what is she complaining about? I think this may be troll post and 400+ people, including me, have been suckered in contributing to this thread. She cannot possibly have thought a 60 vs 90 mile drive was unfair. Heck, even if it was 60/60 - it shows that the man probably had more interest in something serious.

3: The funniest observation is that OP's time is valuable and could not spare 1.5 hours toward meeting. We all can relate to the importance of time. However, OP had to have spent many wasted hours reading through this tread and chumming the waters to keep the fish hopping. At almost 500 post, I have to take my hat off to OP for a job well done.

4: Lastly, in years past, I used to take ladies camping because living in nature the environment does not cater to the whims of any individual no matter how much of a princess they believe they are. This served to quickly weed out those who are not "willing" to contribute as a partner in a relationship. This guy whom the complaint is about is a pure genius because he was able to achieve the same weeding out result with a mere cup of coffee. Give the guy a Nobel Prize. He's just extremely lucky to have filtered out what would have been a poor match.

bm
 blaqman
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 4/25/2007 11:07:17 PM
Those gut tops that girls wear - You know the ones that display the belly fat. I never realized before this trend got started that there were so many out of shape females in California.

Show ALL Forums