Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Work Out Partners?
 sassysinger
Msg: 7 (view)

Work Out Partners?
Posted: 4/17/2009 8:38:40 PM
I have been working as much as I can lately, plus I have had exams at school so I haven't made it to the gym in the past couple of weeks, but I went and got an MP3 player due to a suggestion here while I was on my gym kick there for a couple of weeks and it helped.

Because I haven't been making it to the gym, a couple of days ago I brought it to school with me and during my breaks I stood in a corner and danced. I got stared at and made some people laugh, but I am long past caring what other people think of me.

Yesterday instead of standing in a corner I decided to try power walking which turned into power dancing because I love music as is evident by my singer/songwriter abilities (side note you can check out one of the songs that is going to be on my CD coming out in a few weeks at http://www.myspace.com/nygelasselin it's called Blue). My school is located in a mall so lots of people got to see me doing this.

Today I did the same thing and apparently people were recording me on video lol so I expect I will be famous on YouTube soon lol

But I have been extra motivated, as this week I hit 255 lbs, which is a total 80 lb. weight loss for me! Now my next goal is to get to a 100 lb. weight loss, and if I have to power dance around the mall during my breaks at school to do it, then I guess that's what I will be doing lol Have fun everyone!
 sassysinger
Msg: 23 (view)

Do pictures really justify the person
Posted: 4/15/2009 11:06:39 PM
I used to post pictures of what I used to look like because that is what I want to look like again (at least body size), but I stopped doing that because if someone can't accept me for who I am now, why would I want to be with them when I am smoking hot? lol The main picture I have right now I took myself with a digital camera, but I will have to change it in a couple of weeks because I am getting all of my hair cut off again (I donate it to make real hair wigs for kids with cancer, this will be my sixth time, I wonder if I should collect donations this time?)
 sassysinger
Msg: 13 (view)

Genealogy....Your family Tree
Posted: 4/15/2009 10:58:10 PM
I started researching my family tree about seven years ago. I originally started looking because my maternal grandfather's father abandoned his mother when he was six months old, the only time he ever saw him, was once when he was seven and he didn't even know it was his father, and then my great-grandparent's divorce became final when he was 12. I thought that maybe his father had remarried and that my Papa might have some half siblings out there. However I didn't have very much information to go on and was trying to use all the "free" resources I could find, so have never really gotten anywhere with that line. However my mother got mad at me because I was only searching for the man who abandoned our family so I posted looking for my three other grandparents families and I didn't really have to find out much myself as my lines found me. On my paternal grandmother's side it's back to 1500's Scotland and on my paternal grandfather's side back to 1500's France. Now if only I could find my Papa's family (if there is any) before he passes on.
 sassysinger
Msg: 6 (view)

What Are The Top 6 Listed That You Seek The Most Out Of A Companion?
Posted: 4/15/2009 10:38:17 PM
l) Same general taste in music... uh huh, uh huh......... HAS TO BE INTERESTED IN MUSIC, SOMEONE WHO DISLIKES COUNTRY NOT REALLY GOING TO FIT AS I AM A COUNTRY SINGER/SONGWRITER, BUT SOMEONE WHO ONLY LISTENS TO COUNTRY ISN'T GOING TO FIT EITHER BECAUSE I LISTEN TO DANCE, POP AND HIP HOP THE MOST, ALTHOUGH I DO ENJOY ALL GENRES OF MUSIC
b) Never smokes... *cough* *cough* I QUIT OVER A YEAR AGO NOW, SO DON'T WANT TO BE WITH SOMEONE WHO DOES AS IT WOULD BE TOO TEMPTING TO TAKE IT UP AGAIN
u) Never gets jealous... ohhh...... BEEN THERE DONE THAT, DON'T WANT TO LIVE THROUGH IT AGAIN
c) A skillful cook... yummy.......... I WOULD PREFER NOT TO HAVE TO DO ALL OF IT MYSELF, SO EVEN IF THEY COULD MAKE SIMPLE THINGS AND THEN I COULD GO ALL OUT WHEN IT WAS MY TURN
w) Intends to get married... awww..... I WANT TO GET MARRIED SOME DAY SO DEFINATELY SOMEONE WHO IS OPEN TO THE POSSIBILITY
m) Gives really good massages... ahhh...... I AM IN SCHOOL TO BECOME AN RMT, SO I GUESSING IT WOULD BE SOMETHING THAT HE WOULD WANT, SO IT'S ONLY FAIR THAT HE BE ABLE TO RETURN THE FAVOUR
 sassysinger
Msg: 4 (view)

Instant Chemistry or Friends First?
Posted: 4/9/2009 11:39:02 AM
Not really a one or the other answer. Although I do tend to wonder if you have that instant fire/chemistry if it might burn out just as fast as it started? And while I would like to be friends with someone first, then there's the chance that they are only looking for friendship while you are looking for much more. I think is a very complex topic.
 sassysinger
Msg: 10 (view)

Initial Contact: Do's & Don'ts ??
Posted: 4/7/2009 7:34:31 PM
I respond to all messages sent, and it upsets me a little when I spend some time writing a response to someone's profile and then my letter gets deleted without a response, so I think it's good to send something even if it's just to say that I don't think we would be compatible.
 sassysinger
Msg: 5 (view)

Dating A Separated Woman
Posted: 4/6/2009 1:44:46 PM
"as far as dating someone who's separated goes . .. as long as there's proof present that the relationship they previously had is permanently over then that would be good enough for me. just because someone is living with their ex partner doesn't mean they're going to get back with them or do anything with them, as I have dated someone who was in a situation where they weren't able to move right away after they separated"

What do you consider to be proof? Just wondering because my ex. used to reel different women in by telling them that we were only living together and we were separated, when it wasn't true. He was pulling that routine when I was pregnant with our third child. Started cheating on me when I was three months along and left with one of them when I was six months along.
 sassysinger

Dating A Separated Woman
Posted: 4/5/2009 8:35:46 PM
I have been hurt in the past and have heard so many stories about people being hurt in those kind of situations that I have a strict rule that the divorce already has to be final before I will get involved. I myself have reconnected with an ex partner more than once so I wouldn't ever think it was out of the question unless the legalties were taken care of and even then I am still cautious.
 sassysinger
Msg: 8 (view)

acceptable question on first meeting
Posted: 3/24/2009 2:18:10 PM
I agree that I don't want to talk about sex at or before the first meeting because I don't intend on having one nights stands, or sex on the first date.

Money may come up as who's paying, are you going dutch, do they have problems with debt? Kind of something I would like to know about a person before I get more intrinsically involved.

Politics, never come up with me as I have no view. If brought up by them, it will be stated that I have no view and do not wish to talk about it.

I think religion is an important one especially if your views are really different, kind of goes along the same line as credit and debt problems.

Past relationships, probably not first date, because it could bring up emotional crap, although I would love to meet someone who actually have an ex vouch for the kind of person he is lol Of course then the question would come about of why they are no longer together lol

Where this one is going, well I think it is good to know if you have similar goals for the future, and if the compatability is not there, why spend a lot of time trying to figure that out?

Fetishes, well I think that is up there is the sex talk, but then again I think it would be better to find out that they are into something which I wouldn't be ASAP.

I don't mind talking about my children. However talking about my children might bring up the ex. which is probably not good for a first meeting. Meeting my children, now that's a long way down the road lol
 sassysinger

Work Out Partners?
Posted: 3/24/2009 2:05:41 PM
That's actually why I started back at the gym yesterday. The health reason not the looks lol I have been in school for eight months now learning about Anatomy and Physiology and Pathology, and how the body really works.

I used to be a smoker. Quit that January 2008. Used to be a diet pop fanatic. Been about five months since I quit that. Now all I drink is water with a little bit of lemon juice and a sweetener (can't stand regular water, and it is cheaper than buying flavoured). Plus I have cut out the fast food, except for an occassional cappucino from Timmy's, and Chinese every one to two months.

I have lost 70 lbs., but I figured if I were to step up the exercise on top of everything else then I might be able to get back down to a healthy weight again even if it's not what I am "supposed" to be for my height (5'8" = 135-145 lbs.)

I think I will try the music thing and see if that works. I have worked out a schedule so that I am only going three times a week. I tink maybe in the past I overdid it because I used to go everyday and while I could work out everyday for extensive periods of time, maybe that's why I got bored, because I was doing it everyday.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts everyone and I look forward to reading more.
 sassysinger
Msg: 2 (view)

acceptable question on first meeting
Posted: 3/23/2009 7:40:29 PM
I think I would probably be the one asking the questions that might seem "unacceptable"? Although chances are I would be asking all those questions even before I agreed to meet someone lol
 sassysinger
Msg: 1 (view)

Work Out Partners?
Posted: 3/23/2009 3:33:11 PM
I did a serach for this topic or topics related to this and did not find any, so here it goes. I was wondering if anyone who works out at the gym has a work out partner? Or maybe you go for walks, bikerides or rollerblading with someone on a regular basis as a weight loss or keeping healthy effort? I was also wondering if you do, if you find that it helps you or motivates you.

I myself have had a gym membership for about six years, but if you add up the times I have went, it would amount to less than one year (there were a couple of pregnancies in there). I will get on a kick and go for a couple of months regularly, but then I get bored of it, or discouraged because I am not losing weight. And after I give up and give in to my cravings for food that I am not supposed to eat, I will start losing weight. (From Sept. 2004 until April 2006 I lost 100 lbs without going to the gym)

I don't know if it is a lack of motivation or a lack of time. When I go to the gym, I can work out for hours. I think I would do awesome on "The Biggest Loser". But as we all don't have the luxury of being able to take three months off from our lives lol (actually the last time I checked it was not open to Canadians either) I was wondering it getting a work out partner might motivate me more.

Thus the question, do you find that having someone to work out or exercise with helps to motivate you? Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
 sassysinger
Msg: 60 (view)

Weight Loss...I'm Confiding in my Fellow Fishies
Posted: 3/23/2009 3:15:12 PM
I know it isn't much, but I have lost another 10 lbs. Down to 265. 70 lbs all together.
 sassysinger
Msg: 3 (view)

Working out of your house
Posted: 3/23/2009 3:08:06 PM
There are legitimate work at home companies if you are looking to make the same kind of wadges that you would be making if you are going in to work. Most of them are phone work. I have heard that there are legitimate data entry jobs but have yet to actually find one.

I run a couple of different home businesses. Not all pyramids all scams though. Mind you there are a lot. The pyramid just refers to how and who you make money from though. The scam would be if they lied or mislead you in order to get you to join the program and I have exposed a few of those.

But then again I am also part of a company that distributes everyday products made with 100% all natural ingredients, and the way you get paid is by referring people to the company and you get paid in the shape of a pyramid. There is no scam involved, it's just a way for them to let people know about their products as they are not sold in stores and not allowed to be sold in stores and every person that I refer buys them directly from the company not from me.

I just help them do the paperwork to sign up, and I help them sign up their friends and family or anyone else who they might have who is interested. The products are not misrepresented in anyway, I have used most of them and in most cases they work better than name brand, cost less than name brand and of course are 100% natural. I saw a demonstration done with Cascade Liquid Dishwasher detergent that made me feel ill inside.

Anyway, good luck with finding a home opportunity that works for you.
 sassysinger
Msg: 29 (view)

leather is it Sexy? Or Biker? Or Doms and whips?
Posted: 3/22/2009 3:04:56 PM
"Why is it that when you mention leather to most women, the first thing that comes to their mind is either a dominatrix with whips, or a biker with heavy studs and chains. "

I have asked this same question before, only about men lol
 sassysinger
Msg: 89 (view)

Why Do Women Like Drummers or Musicians in General
Posted: 3/22/2009 3:03:40 PM
I don't really know anything about why other women would be attracted to musicians, not to say that they aren't attractive. But myself, I am a musician so I think meeting someone with the same interests would be nice. I figured that everyone would have some interest in music, even if it was only listening to it, but I have been really surprised at how few guys actually include it as an interest in their profiles.
 sassysinger

Products made with all natural ingredients?
Posted: 3/22/2009 2:59:53 PM
I know what you mean about allergies. A lot of people can be allergic to "natural" things. My mother is allergic to Aloe Vera and I was checking out some of my labels and one of them "may have come into contact with peanuts" and some people have peanut allergies.

I myself am allergic to freshly cut grass. I agree about the smells too though. I no longer have to hold my breath while cleaning or turn my head while squeezing out my mop lol

I haven't actually used the makeup line, as I am not big into makeup, but I have seen the "Nicole Miller" name around a lot on the internet in the last little while, so I don't know if that means it is popular outside of the company I use or if it just distributed by this company alone.

But I can vouch for how well the cleaners work. The stain remover took out a ten month old lipstick stain, which I had tried just about everything on lol And if I ever buy a dishwasher I will be staying as far away from Cascade Liquid detergent as I can lol

Anyway, thanks for sharing your opinions and I would love to hear more.
 sassysinger
Msg: 1 (view)

Products made with all natural ingredients?
Posted: 3/21/2009 5:20:47 PM
I did a search and I found a thread in Manitoba talking about organic foods, but I was wondering what people's opinions were on all natural everyday products. Such as cleaners, cleansers, vitamins, personal care products, make up, weight loss products, etc.? Do you believe in them or use them? Would you like to? Ever researched it? Or don't really think that the chemicals in everyday products do any harm? Or anything that you might feel about them.

I myself personally am part of a company that distributes these products, and for someone who has always had skin reactions to soaps, shampoos, laundry detergents, etc., and who unfortunately passed these reaction onto my children, am glad that I found them and started using them because all of our reactions have disappeared.

So I was just wondering if anyone has had the same kind of experience or what kind of opinions there are out there about the subject?
 sassysinger
Msg: 31 (view)

Organic?
Posted: 3/21/2009 5:12:35 PM
I'm not so big on organic food, but I have switched all of my cleaners, cleansers and some health care products to those made with 100% all natural ingredients. But I read an eBook about the effects that chemicals can have, and I saw some demonstrations with some of the products and a demonstration with Cascade Liquid Dishwasher detergent, which made my stomach churn and made me really glad that I am still my families dishwasher lol, although the company does have a natural version of dishwasher detergent as well.
 sassysinger
Msg: 162 (view)

Name the number one thing keeping you single..
Posted: 3/21/2009 4:54:48 PM
Knowing what I want and more specifically, what I don't want.
 sassysinger

What was the most amazing thing someone has done for you?
Posted: 3/20/2009 11:35:28 PM
Well mine isn't about an ex. or a date, but about a friend who saved me from a possibly very dangerous situation. When I was sixteen a couple of my friends and I dressed up for Halloween, even though we were too old for trick-or-treating and just decided to walk around town showing off our costumes.

Well I was dressed up like a hooker, as was the days of "Pretty Woman", only I was all in black and my body was a lot different from the one currently in my profile picture lol

We lived in a "port" town (a town where ships come into dock, so crewmen come in to go to the pub), and as we were walking these two asian men, obviously not from our town (small town, with almost no integration at all), approached me and asked me if I wanted to go with them for a drink. Not wanting to use the "oh so lame" excuse of being underage, I simply said, "Maybe later." They left and went into the bar. We continued doing "ringers" around the square (actually an octogon) downtown.

A little while later as we were passing the bar, they came out and again wanted me to come for a drink, this time they didn't seem to want to take no for an answer. I even tried to explain Halloween to them, as I don't think they knew what it was lol

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a male friend of mine (a couple of years older, who was the first gay friend that I ever had), I turned my face towards him and he must have realized that I was in trouble or something, because as soon as he recognized me he walked over, put his arm around me like I was his girl and asked, "Is there a problem here?"

The men immediately started apologizing and backing away and ended up going back into the bar. I have never felt so relieved or grateful in my life. Needless to say I stopped dressing up for Halloween until I had kids lol
 sassysinger
Msg: 444 (view)

Where did you go to high school?
Posted: 3/19/2009 11:34:28 AM
"Unless you went to Moncton, N.B, then it's Monkton Ontario."

I do apologize for spelling it wrong lol Forgive me, I was only five when we lived there and I didn't know how to spell anything lol
 sassysinger
Msg: 442 (view)

Where did you go to high school?
Posted: 3/18/2009 6:47:32 PM
26 pages, post number 637, no one from my high school.

G.D.C.I. - Goderich District Collegiate Institute, Goderich, Ontario
1995-2002 graduated, but took time out to have a baby lol

However for all of you movers out there:

"P.S.S. ( penetang) and M.S.S. ( midland)"

Went for high school tours at both when in grade 8.

"CHSS. Central Huron Seconday School~Clinton, Ontario"

Went to register in Clinton, but when I found out that I would have to pick between music, drama and art and that I could only take one, I begged my mother to go to Goderich so that I could take all three.

Grade School:

JK - Moncton Nursery School, Moncton, Ontario
K - Listowel Public School, Listowel, Ontario
K-1 - Shakespeare Public School, Stratford Ontario
2 - Blythe Public School, Blythe, Ontario
3-4 - Voctoria Public School, Goderich, Ontario
5 - Shakespeare Public School, Stratford, Ontario
6 - Parkview Public School, Midland, Ontario
6 - Dufferin Public School, Owen Sound, Ontario
7 - Hillcrest Elementary School, Owen Sound, Ontario
8 - James Keating Elementary School, Penetanguishene, Ontario

All together 11 different schools, 36 moves.

I am now attending Medix School, London, Ontario.
 sassysinger
Msg: 14 (view)

No smoking law - interesting loophole
Posted: 3/17/2009 4:58:45 PM
I used to be a smoker and I did smoke in my vehicle with my children, but with both windows open all the way, I didn't smoke in my house, and people actually got mad because I expected them to go outside to smoke. I personally like the new law although I'm not sure how helpful it will be. My ex. smokes in the vehicle with my children, but he aslo smokes in his home with my children, despite the fact that he has been told not to by me, by CAS and by Dr.'s because of medical conditions. He just doesn't listen. I have my fingers crossed that he will be one who is pulled over on a consistent basis and he will either finally get the hint or make the punishment more severe.
 sassysinger
Msg: 45 (view)

Tough Times = Tough Measures
Posted: 3/17/2009 4:49:29 PM
I read through most of the posts but I don't think I saw this. A couple of people mentioned day old bread, what about the day old meat? Well I think it's a little more than day old, but they have $1 to $10 off depending on the cut. I went ot the grocery store last week, and spent $66. Yes that may sound like a lot of money, but I got 2 packs of boneless skinless chicken breasts, 9 pieces in each for less than $9 each (this was my treat), 8 packs of bacon (don't normally eat bacon, but for $1 a pack I'll throw it in a keesh or make my own pizza or something), 4 packs of ground turkey (makes the best cabbage rolls in my opinion), 6 steaks, 2 roasts, 1 package of chicken parmasan (two chicken breasts with cheese and noodles and sauce $5), oh and bananas for my kids. Made chicken cordon bleu, with cheese that I got on sale for $4.00 a block and froze and ham steaks I got for $1 a piece and froze. I think having a deep freeze helps a lot. I am actually looking for a second one as mine is full and I like to cook and store things. I am always making homemade soups, lasagnas, mousakas, shepherd's pie, stirfrys and freezing them into my own frozen dinners for a fast meal. I try to limit my grocery shopping to once a week where I just get milk and fresh fruit and whatever day old meat I can find. About a month ago they had my sons diapers on sale for $20 a box so I bought 8 boxes to last me for the next six months. Oh right, I am on OSAP so buying in six month alotments for as much as I can. The only thing I need to try and bring money in for is my insurance payments as I have paid all of my other bills off in advance. And whatever is left over I am saving up for a car, as my 89 F150 has definately seen better days lol
 sassysinger
Msg: 27 (view)

some of lifes guilty pleasures
Posted: 3/17/2009 3:56:50 PM
Two bite brownies
President's choice chocolate chip cookies
Chocolate eruption (if you've never had one, don't, once you try it you will never want it to end, totally orgasmic. I embarrass my dinner party when I have one with me lol)
Passions - I can't believe they took it off the air... boo hoo...
 sassysinger
Msg: 42 (view)

How do you feel about age differences?
Posted: 3/17/2009 3:46:38 PM
Personally I think it is a little of both, the maturity level and the age. When I was 18, I made a poor choice, becoming involved with a man who I really didn't know anything about. Found out he was 32 and for a little while things were okay.

But as I continued to mature, his maturity level stayed the same and things started to get bad. Things started to get worse, in ways that I won't go into detail about, but I became pregnant and wanted him to change, things that again I won't go into detail about, for the sake of the baby. I think in the beginning he really did try but as he was so used to being the way he was every time he made some progress he would regress to right back where he was before. I have finally realized that he will never change, and have been out of the relationship for more than a year, but it is now almost 9 years later, with three kids involved.

I think meeting someone around my own age would be good, but a lot of men who answer ads that I have on other sites, as I have an age restriction on my mailing options here, are a lot older than me.
 sassysinger
Msg: 14 (view)

Women close to 40 still wanting babies
Posted: 3/17/2009 3:33:38 PM
I am not close to 40 yet, but I started young, younger than I definately wanted, but I made a choice and with choices come consequences. Mind you I love my kids more than anything in the world, but I am doing things backwards.

I had my children, now I am in school full time so that I can get a good job and buy my first home, hopefully by the time I am 30. But then again whose to say that after I get my schooling, pay off my student loans, buy my house and after my kids start moving out, I won't decide that I want another one. When my oldest is 18, I'll only be 35, when my youngest is 18 I'll only be 43. Still in child bearing years.

I still have all my parts and although I don't want to have anymore children for at least five years so I can finish school and pay off loans and buy my house, that doesn't mean that I won't want more when I finally meet Mr. Right or Mr. Almost right, and have achieved the goals that I have set in place for myself.

Then again I might decide to go back to school and get another career instead of having another baby, but I have not closed myself off to the idea of more children. By the time I get to having them, should I want them, I will probably be in my late 30's early 40's.
 sassysinger

Would you donate an organ?
Posted: 3/17/2009 3:15:44 PM
"I think it should be a law that when you die every useable part of your body should be donated and then implanted into someone who will die with out the body part..."

Just noticed this one which is why I am posting again. The trouble with this statement is that some things that are donated to other people, are things that the people won't die without. For instance corneas. Now I think giving someone their sight back is a good cause but losing your sight does not equal death.
 sassysinger
Msg: 30 (view)

Would you donate an organ?
Posted: 3/17/2009 3:07:17 PM
For my children yes, for my family, some yes some no, for a stranger probably not living, because while the common phrase is you can live without one, what if the other one or part malfunctions? I do have children, so the risk would probably deter me. Now after I have died, I don't know. I have not signed a card, but I have thought about it. I haven't donated blood because I have spent a lot of the last ten year pregnant or on medications that they can't use your blood if you are on. That is something I did want to do, even went to a drive once, but after I filled out the form they told me I couldn't (I was pregnant at the time).
 sassysinger
Msg: 149 (view)

People with Motorcycles
Posted: 3/17/2009 2:23:13 PM
I don't have one, but I want one. However because I am a parent now, I have a list of more practical things (such as a car instead of my truck, and a house) that I need to purchase before I can get my Hog. I want a Harley, but have ridden on quite a few different styles. My favourite ride is driving down around the beaches in Goderich as the sun is setting.
 sassysinger
Msg: 41 (view)

Weirded out
Posted: 3/17/2009 2:20:05 PM
It doesn't really weird me out, but sometimes it's a little confusing when someone adds me, with no message. I mean how can I be one of your favourite when we have never talked before? I do tend to notice it happening with people who cannot send me a message though, either because they are out of my age range, looking for something that I am not looking for or out of the specified area.
 sassysinger

A touchy subject...who pays?
Posted: 3/17/2009 2:17:16 PM
If I ask a friend if she wants to go out, I only do it if I can afford to pay for the both of us, although it may come down to I don't have to pay for her, because she has her own money. So if I asked a guy out I think it would be the same thing. But if a guy asked me out I just wouldn't automatically assume that he is paying, so it may stop me from going, because I can't afford to pay my own way.
 sassysinger
Msg: 44 (view)

Have you ever met any famous people ???
Posted: 2/8/2009 9:07:21 AM
My brother is friends with Jason McCoy and although I haven't met him myself I am hoping that he will be introducing us, once my Demo CD is complete.
I have met Chris Potter personally. He was on KungFu The Legend Continues, and the Pacifier with Vin Diesel.
He judged a A preliminary section of the Youth Talent Contest in Bayfield when I was 18 and competeing in it. I became a very giggly blond, don't forget the blushing, because he winked at me when I was going up on stage after they announced me as a finalist.
 sassysinger

scary subject..but..criminal records???
Posted: 1/25/2009 10:15:55 AM
I'm not sure a police check would help in all situations. I dated a guy in high school,who is actually the biological father of my first child, but after I became prgnant I found out he was a convicted child molester, mind you as a young offender. However, once he turned 21 his record was sealed, and apparently he was "cured". He has been married a couple of times that I know of and apparently got custody of a daughter from each marriage. A convicted child molester got custody of children, so obviously anything is possible.
 sassysinger
Msg: 114 (view)

Forget not having a car Would you date someone who doesn't have a job?
Posted: 1/21/2009 8:12:30 AM
I think it depends on the circumstances. I mean if they are in school continuing education then I wouldn't have a problem with that. Or if they have a disability or are recovering from an accident or something. What about the companies that do lay offs a couple of months a year but then take the employees back? Then there is if they have custody of under school age children.

I myself don't have a job persay, but I am a full time student, I have a child under the age of two and I do odd jobs in my spare time like data entry, babysitting and relaxation massages. I will also be getting back into Melaleuca and AVON next month, but again those might not be considered a "job" to some people.
 sassysinger
Msg: 33 (view)

Number of sex partners should be listed in profiles.
Posted: 1/19/2009 11:29:12 AM
People over the age of 25 a dozen partners or more?

I think that is way off base. I know how many partners I have had. I am 27 and it is not nearly that many. There was a couple in high school but then I got into an eight relationship so no, nowhere near a dozen+.
 sassysinger
Msg: 9 (view)

Number of sex partners should be listed in profiles.
Posted: 1/14/2009 11:47:03 AM
If someone was a player, I don't think they would bother with looking for a long term relationship. I mean what would be the point if you want to bed as many as you can instead of being committed to one. I'm not saying that everyone just looking for a one night stand is a player, don't get me wrong, but unless I have the wrong definition of "player", they are not normmaly looking for long term. I think putting the amount of sexual partners on your profile is a bad idea. That something that should be discussed once you get into a relationship.
 sassysinger
Msg: 16 (view)

Finding someone who likes/loves you for you?
Posted: 1/11/2009 5:47:47 PM
I wouldn't bring my children into a situation until I was sure that the person could be someone that I could spend the rest of my life with. I only posted the picture to be honest about the fact that's it's not just one child, but three who would at some point be physically present (I have another child who would be present in my emotions), should things develop further. I guess I could remove the picture and just say how many children I have, which should serve the same purpose I guess.
 sassysinger
Msg: 134 (view)

Is There Any Serious People Out Here Looking To Find Mr./Mrs.Right???...Honestly!!!!!
Posted: 1/11/2009 5:39:54 PM
I am looking for Mr. Right. The reason I know what Mr. Right is like is because I spent almost eight years with Mr. Wrong. I have not dated anyone else, despite that it has been a year since our last break-up but I won't lower my standards because I deserve so much better than what I have had!
 sassysinger
Msg: 63 (view)

Lyrics that move you
Posted: 1/11/2009 5:20:58 PM
I don't know if it is the fact that I am a singer/songwriter, but I can find significance to my life in almost every song I listen to.
 sassysinger
Msg: 12 (view)

Finding someone who likes/loves you for you?
Posted: 1/3/2009 3:09:18 PM
Thanks everyone for letting me know your opinions. Things are improving in my life. My weight is coming off naturally. School is going great. My CD is coming along. No man yet, but I am finding as the time away from my ex. gets longer and longer (it will be a year in a couple of weeks) I start feeling better and better about myself. I am also getting to the point where I am starting top feel like I don't NEED a man. That's doesn't mean I wouldn't like one, but I am getting my independence back, which somehow disappeared over the 7 1/2 year relationship with my ex. I am finally starting to feel like me again and I feel great! Happy New Year everyone!
 sassysinger
Msg: 175 (view)

Women: Would you date a guy that is shorter than you are,,,, Why/Why Not?
Posted: 1/3/2009 2:57:57 PM
I try to not care about the outside, especially since my outside is not so hot at the moment lol But height has always been something that matters for some reason. I don't need tall, dark and handsome, but when slow dancing I like to rest my head on the guy's shoulder. Plus the old cliche of asking a guy to reach somehting up high that you can't. It just seems natural, so if a guy is shorter than you or even as tall as you it doesn't really work.
 sassysinger
Msg: 32 (view)

favorite snack food???? whats yours??
Posted: 12/31/2008 4:54:49 PM
My favourite snack food which I don't allow myself to have anymore lol is Lays Potato Chips Original. For some reason I can sit down and eat a whole Super Size bag they are just so yummy.
 sassysinger
Msg: 26 (view)

Living Alone
Posted: 12/31/2008 4:45:29 PM
I would love to get some alone time lol Kind of hard to do when you have kids lol
 sassysinger
Msg: 2 (view)

Staying home on new years eve
Posted: 12/31/2008 4:40:22 PM
Well I myself have never actually gone out on New Year's Eve. This year I was planning to go out, just to do something different, but here I am at home with no plans and no sitter even if I wanted to do something lol But I will probably just watch a movie, sleep in (if I can lol) and maybe do some cleaning to kill some time. Have a Happy New Year everyone!
 sassysinger
Msg: 23 (view)

What's Your Worst Pet Peeve About Winter?
Posted: 12/31/2008 4:32:37 PM
I have always hated the cold, but this year I gained a new pet peeve. Black ice totalled my car that I just bought in August after the snow had mostly melted.
 sassysinger
Msg: 95 (view)

What Province or Country were you born in?
Posted: 12/31/2008 4:30:24 PM
Stratford, Ontario
 sassysinger

In search of Country musicians.....for jam sessions
Posted: 12/31/2008 4:28:44 PM
I am a singer/songwriter in London. I do like to sing country and my writing style tends to lean towards it. If there was anything like this in the London, area I would be interested. Thanks.
 sassysinger
Msg: 65 (view)

Musicians.......
Posted: 12/31/2008 4:23:14 PM
I am a singer/songwriter in London and would be interested in getting together with other musicians in London if there are any. Thanks.

Show ALL Forums