Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: You and the site
 daver987654
Msg: 10 (view)

You and the site
Posted: 1/6/2018 3:53:32 AM
1) I've posted about this before and anyone who has hosted a Pof event will know that abusive emails are the norm. The first problem is that Pofs idea of a 10km range is more like 200km. That seems to upset some people enough to write nasty emails including one guy who said he was coming down from Leicester to stab me - nice. The second problem is just how stupid so may people are. They don't read the emails and just think they are getting an invite to a private party. I had any number of guys offering to fist me, blow me off 9and vice versa) and all sorts of other delights.

2) My profile does indeed say 2013. Kind of you to point that out, I hadn't noticed. I have been here much longer and used to use this profile but because a****ead moderator on here put a minimum 2000 word count for any messages I posted and then went and died, I created a new one.

daver987654
Msg: 3 (view)

Only 13 People Showing up on Search
Posted: 2/24/2017 7:26:54 AM
It is working perfectly fine. Check you haven't inadvertently changed your search settings.

It is working perfectly fine. Check you haven't inadvertently changed your search settings.
 Daver987654
Msg: 16 (view)

Why online dating is a doomed endeavour.
Posted: 11/10/2013 9:06:51 AM
So it's only fairly doomed rather than completely doomed which I would tend to agree with. The only way you can get to know someone is by meeting them and so many of us choose not to meet someone based simply on their internet photos - it's been said a zillion times before so I don't expect to get any prizes for that observation.

I do think we would be better without the internet in this one area. I know of one singles group that was very successful in getting people together in Gloucestershire until the internet came along. It was responsible for getting hundreds of couples together by all accounts but wouldn't survive in this internet age. We have become used to instant gratification or success, we expect to be able to open the relevant internet page and select the mate of our dreams. and we expect it for little to no money. That has spread into real life too. We regularly get people turning up at our singles group evenings, not seeing anyone they fancy and leaving pdq. Equally unrealistic but do they listen?

For the blokes, here's a suggestion. If you're looking for a partner, find a local singles group and pop along. These groups are always short of men, completely the opposite of internet sites, so your odds are way better. Don't just go the once, make a habit of it. Eventually the right person will come through the door. And you get to meet real people too while you're waiting.
 Daver987654
Msg: 13 (view)

Why online dating is a doomed endeavour.
Posted: 11/10/2013 8:15:48 AM
It's clearly a doomed endeavour for you but not for everyone. Many people have met their future partners through POF and other similar sites, I know of 3 personally.
 Daver987654
Msg: 8 (view)

Russell Brand. Does he have a point?
Posted: 11/7/2013 1:50:22 AM
I appreciate JV's points but in reality what else can any politician do? We are now in a global competitive world. No longer are we the manufacturing powerhouse, the Japanese caught us up a long time ago and other countries especially the Chinese are catching up fast.

That the richest got even richer is a lot to do with the assets they own in particular land. As the world population grows, the demand for food increases, demand for meat expands even faster as people get richer, the pressure on land grows and the value increases, by around 30% in the last few years.
 Daver987654
Msg: 174 (view)

Real Reason To Why Women Dont Date Very Tall Men?
Posted: 11/7/2013 1:42:55 AM
Was that following JV's advice?
 Daver987654
Msg: 47 (view)

Long/short hair for the mature ladies
Posted: 11/3/2013 4:27:45 PM

The same as most things, it depends on the individual. Personally, I've always preferred long hair on a woman (nothing worse than pumping someone from behind whilst drunk and looking down at a boys haircut).
What I dont like, is the awful efforts at hair colouring older women make

Welcome back Mac

Don't you mean troll or arsehole or dikhead. Or perhaps alter ego?
 Daver987654
Msg: 54 (view)

date someone with a physical deformity or disability or dump them
Posted: 11/3/2013 3:09:05 AM

prepare the veggies for lunch**

have you got the sprouts in for xmas lunch yet - it's getting late already.
 Daver987654

UK and France sign nuclear energy agreement
Posted: 11/3/2013 2:13:56 AM
That bastion of free markets, Germany, is like us over here fed up of the extortionate money being charged by power companies even to the extent there are lots of campaigns to renationalise their national grid. One of the gripes is that the profits from the Berlin electricity supplier go to the Swedish government owned company. Berlin has already bought back it's water supply.

Here's a couple of quotes "According to the German association of public utilities, more than 70 new publicly run services have started in the last six years. Public operators have taken over more than 200 projects to supply energy to local people. "

and

"New wind farms are being built in the North Sea to replace closed nuclear power stations, often in the south of the country. New locations for power stations mean new routes for cables and pylons.
And all that means lots of money - coming from extra on the bills of ordinary consumers.
As news magazine Der Spiegel commented: "Germany's aggressive and reckless expansion of wind and solar power has come with a hefty price tag for consumers, and the costs often fall disproportionately on the poor.""

Sounds all too familiar. Our governments have been****ng around for years until we're faced with a crisis and have to go to China to get the finance to keep the lights on.
 Daver987654
Msg: 22 (view)

Cameron rocked by secret love affair- End of the road for the Con Government ?
Posted: 11/1/2013 4:51:59 PM
From anything I can glean from news reports the idea that they "where" all close friends is simply not true but please feel free to justify your comments with some evidence

I really don't understand anything you have to say regarding my comments about the rumours which are still out there. Of course they are of interest, they are not always right but too often are. And I can confirm I was not bonking Rebekka but in a former life have met Charlie (nice bloke) on quite a few occasions.
 Daver987654
Msg: 14 (view)

A different kind of lovin
Posted: 11/1/2013 3:19:02 AM
I can't see the problem. A reducing population and little immigration is what many people in this country would have preferred to what we have.
 Daver987654
Msg: 28 (view)

women drivers ...... what most of knew from the start.
Posted: 11/1/2013 3:17:12 AM
"My spatial awareness is hampered by not having stereoscopic vision, which makes it difficult for me to park my car front and rear without visual references to the side."

I think that's something we all struggle with. When I was taught to drive a lorry I was shown how to pick a point on the lorry such as the tailgate or wheel flap and by judging the gap between that and the point I was trying to reverse to I could reverse pretty accurately. To try it yourself, start by picking a point on the ground behind the vehicle which equates to the space you should have left when you have finished reversing. Use a brick or something to mark this point. Then go and sit in the driver's seat and note what that "picture" looks like.
 Daver987654
Msg: 111 (view)

Do men actually like the chase?
Posted: 11/1/2013 3:10:13 AM
Have you ever been to a barn dance or ceilidh and wondered why there is often one couple who doesn't move as part of the dance, sometimes holding hands for people to pass under? I found out the reason recently, it's that in earlier years youngsters weren't allowed to see each other in private so this was a way of them getting a little time to talk to each other and golly gosh, hold hands. Not quite the same as sex on the 3rd or is it 4th - so rusty!
 Daver987654
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 10/31/2013 10:39:47 AM
Unless I misunderstand and there's a fair chance of that, this affair was started in 1998 and lasted 6 years so was not happening when Cameron came to power.

Rather interesting though is that the rumour mongers were way off line in their guesses as to just who was bonking who, unless of course there is more to come out on that subject.
 Daver987654
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 10/30/2013 5:35:05 AM
I presume he's talking about prosecuting journalists over phone hacking and illegal payments to police officers and others and whether this is really about enforcing the law or keeping the press under control. The government has also come up with a new charter for press regulation which the newspapers don't like and are challenging in court and there is a bill going through at the moment which will limit campaign groups from commenting on political issues within the 12 months preceding an election. Have I got it right, do I get a prize.
 Daver987654
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 10/28/2013 2:29:26 AM
I do have a problem with statements which purport to be the truth but are far from it hence my reaction to your initial statement about "most accidents being caused by excess speed". This thread is about insurance so maybe I have strayed off topic a bit in reaction but the figures from RoSPA are no less valid.

In my life I have been in a number of accidents where if people had been paying attention to the road not their passengers or mobile phone they simply would not have happened.
 Daver987654
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 10/27/2013 1:57:17 AM
Sorry Mizz but you simply adding up the numbers in the way you suggest simply to fit your theory is not the correct way of doing things. I object to your statement because as most of us know and the police admit by their inactions, there are plenty of times and places when the spped limit could be safely lifted. Currently you're probably quite safe from conviction by a police patrol if driving at 85mph or less on a quietish motorway. It's quite possible that we could reduce the number of lorry accidents if we raised their speed limit on motorways.

We could cut the numbers of deaths on the roads in half by getting everyone to wear a seatbelt and not allowing people under 25 to drive. Whereas cutting the speeding limits could never achieve that simply because it isn't statistically feasible.

Sounds like I am against low speed limits, I'm not. In my road, a normal working class estate, lots of cars densely packed, lots of young kids on the way to school, the speed limit is 30 but I never exceed 20. Plenty of my neighbours do, even the ones with kids. But on a clear quiet motorway, Sunday morning on the M50, I see 100mph as perfectly acceptable.

RoSPA agrees with Lighty, there are their words:

Sadly, driver error remains the most common cause of road accidents.

Speeding
Around 400 people a year are killed in crashes in which someone exceeds the speed limit or drives too fast for the conditions.

Drink Driving
Around 280 people die a year in crashes in which someone was over the legal drink drive limit.

Seat Belt Wearing
Around 300 lives each year could be saved if everyone always wore their seat belt.

Careless Driving
Around 300 deaths a year involve someone being "careless, reckless or in a hurry", and a further 125 involve "aggressive driving".

At-work
Around one third of fatal and serious road crashes involve someone who was at work.

Inexperience
More than 400 people are killed in crashes involving young car drivers aged 17 to 24 years, every year, including over 150 young drivers, 90 passengers and more than 170 other road users.

Failed to Look Properly
40% of road crashes involve someone who 'failed to look properly'.

Loss of Control
One third of fatal crashes involved 'loss of control' of a vehicle.

Failed to Judge Other Person's Path/Speed
One in five crashes involve a road user failing to judge another person's path or speed.
 Daver987654
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 10/26/2013 11:07:12 AM

Most accidents are caused by excess speed.

Nope, that is just mantra trotted out by people who want to control other people's lives:

The most common causes are:
•Failed to look properly 35%
•Failed to judge other persons's path or speed 18.9%
•Careless, reckless or in a hurry 16.2%
•Loss of control 14.7%
•Poor turn or manoeuvre 14.1%
•Travelling too fast for the conditions 10.2%
•Slippery road due to weather 10.1%
•Pedestrian failed to look properly 7.2%
•Sudden braking 7.2%
•Following too close 6.7%
 Daver987654
Msg: 30 (view)

Basic differences between men and women
Posted: 10/26/2013 10:59:09 AM
Nope - if someone gives you a gift that is where it starts and ends. You are not beholden to them for that act and if you do forget who gave you what then just apologise and move on.
 Daver987654

Is dating just a hobby
Posted: 10/22/2013 1:09:05 PM

just means that you find them physically attractive enough to have sex with.

and for me that means a relationship too. Is that just me? I need to be with someone I find physically attractive which is a bummer as I know loads of interesting fun women who just don't do it for me but with whom I can spend a lot of time in their company.
 Daver987654
Msg: 7 (view)

Is dating just a hobby
Posted: 10/22/2013 1:06:48 AM
Furom, well I guess I must mean it if I've said it twice.

In the last 5 years I have met and had relationships with 2 people at different times who I thought were the one but obviously not.

I recently met someone, we clicked within seconds but then she decided to back off as she is going to move back to South Africa. I don't think she had been expecting things to move forward so quickly.

I do have some other "dating" opportunities and I am wondering if maybe I should my relax my rules a little and see if they are worth pursuing.
 Daver987654
Msg: 124 (view)

Would you Date Someone with a Disability?
Posted: 10/21/2013 1:53:01 PM
As is well known, well if anyone ever bothers to read what I write, I can't get a date on here unless it's with a two ton teutonic from the other side of the border.

Point is, having hit 60, I sort of count as disabled. Well at least the fire brigade think so because I went suddenly half deaf three years ago and they need to know that and fitted special fire alarms. I've recently developed osteo-arthritis in my left knee which curtails the walking I like to organise. Had bladder cancer on and off for 23? years now. And was discovered to have a problem with my heart (Left Bundle Branch Block) during a routine pilots medical 7 years ago. The rest are just mere farragos.

So who would date me? Well, no one on POF for sure but plenty in RL.
 Daver987654

Soul mate finding
Posted: 10/21/2013 1:39:38 PM
Haven't seen that particular request so I would find that quite refreshing.

Can we do "the Night in Shining Amour" thread now (sic)
 Daver987654
Msg: 16 (view)

Spider season .... help
Posted: 10/21/2013 1:37:00 PM
I think there's been a fair bit done to prove that a lot of behaviour is not learned. My dogs had never met cats until we moved house but went berserk the first time they saw one. Same with rats. Monkeys have been proved to have an auto response to snakes. Cheapskate women have the same effect on me.
 Daver987654
Msg: 5 (view)

Is dating just a hobby
Posted: 10/21/2013 1:32:14 PM
I don't do dating. I don't really undersand that concept, I think. when I meet the right person it will be with the long term in mind. Dating suggests just meeting lots of people, something I do as a matter of course in my life.
 Daver987654
Msg: 93 (view)

Miley Cyrus Pics, Something to Worry about? Or Storm in a Teacup?
Posted: 10/21/2013 1:28:59 PM
Oluben and Colin, neither of you are going to win this.

You are both trying to score points against each other and are each deliberately misunderstanding comments made by the other.

Cutting, pasting and replying just means you can attack the smallest points without discussing the overall subject.

Get back on the subject or give it a rest.
 Daver987654

Spider season .... help
Posted: 10/20/2013 12:46:34 PM
So what happened to the McCanns thread and others this evening? Guess someone got banned for being really racist but I thought the forumites were handling that quite well?
 Daver987654
Msg: 64 (view)

Miley Cyrus Pics, Something to Worry about? Or Storm in a Teacup?
Posted: 10/17/2013 7:35:59 AM
I'm white. I don't have any thoughts about how black women act. As far as I can see they behave the same as anyone else, at least the ones I have known have. If you got off your racist soapbox and opened your eyes a little you might find most of us are just normal human beings.
 Daver987654
Msg: 20 (view)

20 dates no spark :-s
Posted: 10/16/2013 2:29:08 AM

Oh god the bloody spark thing - the excuse that women use normally to get out of saying their true reasons for not wanting to date any further

I don't understand that comment for one moment. I meet loads of fun attractive women and there is very rarely that spark between us. When it does happen it isn't always possible to move the relationship forward for other reasons. I'm in that position right now. Frustrating but that's life.

Actually I am not sure about what I am trying to do. I see other people going out together and maybe lasting for a few days weeks or months. I could easily do that but it isn't something that has appealed since my 20s. I'm thinking I could be wrong though.
 Daver987654
Msg: 2 (view)

Is real life a phobia living in a virtual world..?
Posted: 10/10/2013 4:14:50 PM
I think you have a very rosy view of what life was like back in the day. For sure it was different but people were no less lonely than now. The internet and tv have changed perceptions. Some of it for good. For me the worst thing to have happened is Eastenders. I have seen far too many people seeing it as a role model in the way they behave.
 Daver987654
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 10/8/2013 4:55:55 PM
It would seem to be true that pheromones and other unknones -sic - play a huge prt in our liking for the opposite sex.

I've been there twice, had the instant hit but good as the relationships were neither lasted beyond 12 months. OTH I have friends who met across a crowded room and despite not talking to each other that evening when they met in another space met they had both decided on the other and have stayed together for 30 plus years.
 Daver987654
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 10/3/2013 5:56:11 AM
Have you ever had a spark, a long term girlfriend?
 Daver987654
Msg: 22 (view)

Cynical Supermarkets?
Posted: 10/2/2013 2:45:21 PM
are they not allowed to sell meat then?

No, sorry, re-read what you said and I think I have misunderstood but have got it now. So when you prod their meat for freshness for example it should go "baaaah" for lamb or "mooooo" for beef of "quack" for duck etc.
 Daver987654
Msg: 47 (view)

Great news regarding Syria:)))
Posted: 10/1/2013 11:14:53 AM
so the 2 million refugees in Lebanon and Turkey are just a figment of imagination. The close on 200,000 deaths the UN are reporting is just western hype.

JV I'm sure the Israeli state is a thorn but what did you expect the Jews to do after having been made so welcome in Europe for the last couple of millennia? Not sure at all why it explain Boka Haram killing 60 students in their beds in Nigeria.
 Daver987654
Msg: 41 (view)

Why is Society so Mean to Singles?
Posted: 9/28/2013 12:50:33 PM
It's just more giving away money that we don't have to buy votes. Can't remember what Ed is going to give us but Nick has promised free school meals to all kids up to age of 7. Sadly it does now mean we have three irresponsible parties not just two. A good clear out of the stables please.
 Daver987654
Msg: 28 (view)

Wind turbines.
Posted: 9/27/2013 2:54:44 AM
The bad news is hard to find however if you want to see the environmental impact in China by mining and processing the rare earths needed to make wind turbines have a look at this article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1350811/In-China-true-cost-Britains-clean-green-wind-power-experiment-Pollution-disastrous-scale.html - a 5 mile wide toxic lake amongst other problems.

Here's something I bet you never heard of but happened in Ireland. Due to building access roads and turbines on peat bog a wind turbine went off on a 2.5km journey causing massive pollution (1 cubic metre = approx. 1 tonne)

"Construction of access roads and the first of 71 turbine bases started on 2 July 2003. On Thursday
16 October 2003, an estimated 450,000 cubic metres of peat slid down the southern side of the
mountain. The slide initially stopped moving on 19 October, about 2.45 km downstream at an
elevation of about 195 m and immediately upslope of a minor road known as the Black Road. At
that time, most of the failed material lay on forestry land but it had surrounded an unoccupied house.
On 28 October, the peat began to move again following heavy rain. It crossed the Black Road and
continued for 1.5 km to the Owendalulleegh River, whence it ‘coursed along the Derrywee River and
meandered for 20 miles to Lough Cutra, the source of Gort’s domestic water supply’.2 At a
Derrybrien Co-ordination Meeting held on 17 November 2003 to discuss the impact of the bog slide,
initial estimates of the impact on Lough Cutra indicated that more than 50 per cent of fish in the lake
had been killed, about 50,000 fish of all species and age groups."

http://www.uel.ac.uk/erg/documents/Derrybrien.pdf - most of you won't read the 149 pages of that report but how about this little bit I picked out

Peat bogs are a great storehouse for CO2 "The Ramsar Convention recognises that peatlands are a habitat that is overlooked, misunderstood and under-recorded but which represent more than 50 per cent of the world’s terrestrial wetland and which hold around 25 per cent of its soil carbon. They contain three times more carbon than the
tropical rainforests and it is stored for thousands of years rather than the hundreds associated with
most natural forests.

It is difficult to understand the logic of damaging long-term carbon stores to install devices whose
purpose is to reduce emissions.
"

The problem is that peat bogs are little understood and very fragile. Building roads across them and the footings for the wind turbines causes a change in the natural draining of these bogs and can cause slides but more importantly drying of the bog releasing the stored CO2.

Land owners love wind turbines as the return is huge for no outlay. The local people however don't share in this largesse instead like the rest of us seeing their fuel bills being bumped by 30% plus to subsidise these profits.

When assessing the cost of turbines in CO2 terms the cost of building the roads, maintenance and eventual dismantling is not included. Doesn't mean to say that there aren't benefits just that the case is overstated.

Scotland has an ambition to be 80% renewable energy in the foreseeable future, much of which will be wind turbines built on peat bogs.

That these things don't have a local environmental impact is a bit false too. These figures are much scarier than I thought "The steel tower is anchored in a platform of more than a thousand tons of concrete and steel rebar, 30 to 50 feet across and anywhere from 6 to 30 feet deep. Shafts are sometimes driven down farther to help anchor it. Mountain tops must be blasted to create a level area of at least 3 acres. The platform is critical to stabilizing the immense weight of the turbine assembly." That's about one and a half football fields. Imagine trying to get planning permission to flatten 3 acres of wild landscape for anything else.

It doesn't stop there. Each windfarm will need to be linked to a substation and then on to the main grid. That's an awful lot more environmental damage in areas we don't understand.

But here's the rub. Having spent all this money, potentially irreversibly damaged the landscape and cost an absolute fortune it still doesn't work simply because it is not always windy. More quotes

"Take the figures for December 2010, when we all shivered through sub-zero temperatures and wholesale electricity prices surged. Peak demand for the UK on 20 December was just over 60,000 megawatts. Maximum capacity for wind turbines throughout the UK is 5,891 megawatts, almost ten per cent of that peak demand figure.
Yet on December 20, because winds were light or non-existent, wind energy contributed a paltry 140 megawatts. Despite billions of pounds in investment and subsidies, Britain’s wind-turbine fleet was producing a feeble 2.43 per cent of its own capacity – and little more than 0.2 per cent of the nation’s electricity in the coldest month since records began.
The problems with the intermittency of wind energy are well known. A new network of cables linking ten countries around the North Sea is being suggested to smooth supply and take advantage of 140 gigawatts of offshore wind power. No one knows for sure how much this network will cost, although a figure of £25 billion has been mooted."

Even if that network is built it still isn't necessarily going to cope as every country involved would have to build spare turbine capacity to cope with lack of wind in another country.

Here's some more stuff admittedly from around 2004 http://www.countryguardian.net/The%20Case%20Against%20Wind%20'Farms'.pdf

OK you're not going to read those 54 pages either but here's another snippet "Because of the unpredictable intermittency of wind, and the very long time required to bring 'cold' generating capacity into production, it is necessary to keep a substantial reserve of spinning backup. This is usually arranged by keeping turbo-alternators at less than peak output so that an instant increase of generation is possible. This causes a significant amount of extra CO2 emission from such plant.
E.ON Netz (2004) admitted that every megawatt of installed wind power required 0.8 MW of backup from ‘shadow power stations’, thus, even when not generating, talking wind turbines are still causing some CO2 emission."
 Daver987654
Msg: 104 (view)

women what do you like a hairy chest or a smoth chest ?
Posted: 9/20/2013 3:13:52 PM

I have no preference regarding chest hair. I don't mind smooth but it has to be naturally that way. I don't like too much hair either. Normal amounts are fine. I wouldn't reject anyone over it though. Not that important?

There's hope for me yet then? I have just one long hair next to my right nipple, well about 2 inches in. I've been cultivating it since I was a teen but it is a lonely little so and so.
 Daver987654
Msg: 5 (view)

is this government supported racism?
Posted: 9/20/2013 3:07:06 PM
The reds are native. The greys were introduced and carry a parasite to which they are immune but the reds are not. What do you want? You can let nature take it's course in which case we are likely to be overrun with rabbits, urban foxes, red deer destroying much of the woodland you enjoy. We can let disease kill various tree species or we can try to protect them.

We don't live in a natural landscape, it has been shaped by us over thousands of years and we will continue to do so. It's just a choice which way we go and what we want to see in the future.
 Daver987654
Msg: 43 (view)

conversation on POF for 3 days, then blocked ?
Posted: 9/20/2013 2:59:59 PM
Plenty of genuine women on here just that like the blokes they are all aiming above their station.

Unwanted advice alert - 30 year old good looking totty don't want to date 40 year old plus old farts unless they are rich. Likewise you 60 year old women looking for love in the sub 30 category (I've talked to a few) are either fooling themselves or just out for a shag.
 Daver987654
Msg: 43 (view)

Electronic Cigarettes (Vaping)
Posted: 9/19/2013 2:29:10 PM
Colin, I just read that as another put down!

It might be rewarding and easy for you but maybe not for others. I include myself in the others camp.

There's been plenty said on here why people find it difficult to give up and plenty of support for those people who are struggling. Any chance you could find a more supportive stance?
 Daver987654
Msg: 38 (view)

Posted: 9/18/2013 4:37:39 PM

Not every email has to end with a question - polite conversation and all that stuff!

There is the root of our problem, one of us does not understand how communication works. Every conversation must include an invitation to reply, a question if you must, otherwise you are just making statements.
 Daver987654
Msg: 32 (view)

Posted: 9/18/2013 1:31:05 AM
Well done Maya. As other people have said, if it works for you great.

The point about substituting food for a cigarette is important to many and possibly one of the reasons for so many people failing when they put on weight. I presume eating is a substitute activity rather than nicotine reducing your hunger? As a substitute activity my hypnotherapist told me to take deep breaths whenever I felt the need for a cigarette, perhaps other people have other diversionary tactics that might work?
 Daver987654
Msg: 49 (view)

Vaccinating Babies
Posted: 9/18/2013 1:22:41 AM

As far as I can see the only thing her daughter needs to consider is whether she is more prepared to accept the possible risk of adverse side affects that come with immunisation, or the very possible risk of death or serious illness with no immunisation.

It's more important than that. A parent not vaccinating their child is putting other children at risk, they are making that decision for the rest of us. In the US almost all incidences of measles are from unimmunised children and 75% of the cases are imported. Without the scare Wakefield started the US would be measles free, the outbreak in Swansea would not have happened and it would not have cost the NHS enormous sums to attack that outbreak.
 Daver987654
Msg: 33 (view)

Posted: 9/17/2013 1:29:29 PM

Over here we men just get ignored after having the first message responded to. It's sick frankly - they respond with a nice message to get our hopes up, then when we respond again with an equally nice message - they hit the IGNORE button and leave you hanging. UK girls seem to have no sense of common decency.

I think you have got it completely mixed up. You send them a message, probably with a question in it which begs to be answered. They reply, the decent thing to do you reckon, but they add no question to which you need to reply. That's a polite brush off. But you ignore that "hidden" message and push it a little further. Unsurprisingly you get no reply yet you get miffed.

Let's turn it around. What do you do when you get an email from someone you are not interested in?
 Daver987654
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 9/15/2013 8:39:37 AM
I gave up years ago before all the patches and things. It wasn't easy. I tried hypnotherapy, didn't work for me but I did get a useful tip which is that when you feel like a cigarette try taking 3 or 4 deep breaths instead. That did help.

I finally gave up after coming home from a foreign holiday. I had two or three cartons of cigarettes and gave them away. In todays money at £6 a pack about £120?? That was my persuader if you like as having given those cigarettes away if I bought another it would effectively cost £120.
 Daver987654
Msg: 2 (view)

open mic chil out and chat singles party
Posted: 9/14/2013 2:07:03 PM
errrrrrrrrr..................................................................................how much?
 Daver987654
Msg: 53 (view)

Posted: 9/14/2013 2:01:19 PM
I now understand why it was so important to learn why the use of commas, full stops and apostrophes was so important.
 Daver987654
Msg: 45 (view)

Posted: 9/13/2013 8:43:29 AM
Badboy - don't you like anyone?
 Daver987654
Msg: 4 (view)

Lads mags banned from co-op
Posted: 9/12/2013 12:54:17 AM
About time but I do think it's about money. I'd like to see less promotion of sex altogether but I think that genie isn't going back in the bottle.
 Daver987654

Choosing Sex Before Maturity.
Posted: 9/12/2013 12:52:16 AM
Well I guess most of us on here haven't managed to find the perfect relationship. My parents were extremely in love when they met, quite when it broke down I don't know. But I do know there were years of misery between them. It was only in the latter years they refound their love for each other. I remember my Dad not talking to my Mum for weeks on end. Bloody miserable it was for us as kids putting up with that. It isn't good that there are all sorts of people trying to bring up kids alone but quite honestly I'm sure we would have been happier if my father had shoved off.

Show ALL Forums