Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: How many people like Stand up Comedy?
 sdm21983
Msg: 19 (view)

How many people like Stand up Comedy?
Posted: 4/30/2007 9:13:38 PM
I've not had much chance to watch a huge amount of stand up comedians. But from what I've seen (don't know names sadly) it can be rather funny. Stephen Lynch isn't necessarily a stand up comedian, at least not that I know of, but he is hilarious.
 sdm21983
Msg: 22 (view)

Who is your favorite Comedian?
Posted: 4/30/2007 9:11:59 PM
Lets see.. Jim Carey and Robin Williams are basically classics in my opinion. Adam Sandler is pretty funny. Also, though he makes me feel like a bad person for laughing Stephen Lynch is comical as well.
 sdm21983
Msg: 5 (view)

does anyone on here play disc golf
Posted: 4/30/2007 9:09:01 PM
I've not gotten to play it much but have a few times and it was rather enjoyable. We have a couple of courses in the area, as well as there being a couple at home when I head back there after finals this week so I should be able to play more.
 sdm21983
Msg: 22 (view)

NFL Draft Time
Posted: 4/30/2007 9:06:51 PM
49ers fan. Not sure exactly how to take how we did in the Draft this year. We'll see in a few months I guess... bah... I hate summer in the form of lack of football though it is wonderful outside so that's probably a good thing.
 sdm21983
Msg: 24 (view)

Randy Moss traded to the Patriots
Posted: 4/30/2007 9:00:03 PM
This could be a good or bad trade as has been stated several times already. He does have talent as a reciever, but the attitudes of people like him and TO have me looking elsewhere more often than not. What happened to people like Jerry Rice, T. Brown, S. Sharpe, just to name a few good recievers who didn't really have the attitude problems these two have. Then again S. Smith is doing a good job in Carolina and don't hear as much negative things about him.

Also, I was glad to see NE lose this year. Sorry Pats fans, but the bandwagon effect that the last few years have had for the Pats is just sickening. I am a 49ers fan period, hopefully we'll get out of our near decade rut soon though -_-. Then again hopefully the NFC doesn't completely get dominated by their AFC counterparts this year.
 sdm21983
Msg: 301 (view)

I'll review your profile...you won't regret it, part 2
Posted: 2/20/2007 9:36:04 PM
would you be so kind as to review my profile when you have the time?
 sdm21983
Msg: 1 (view)

Could I get some reviews please?
Posted: 2/19/2007 8:23:34 PM
Hey, I was just wondering if I could get some opinions on my profile in its current state. Feel free to be as blunt as you'd like, that is the best form of criticism. If you have suggestions on what I could do better that'd be awesome too. Thank you in advance to anyone who looks at my profile even if they don't end up commenting in the topic.

sdm21983
Msg: 891 (view)

Want an honest review?
Posted: 2/19/2007 2:30:10 PM
I was wondering if you would be so kind as to give me a review on everything you see. I don't really know what it is that people are looking for. Maybe a few suggestions on where to do things differently? Thank you in advance :).

Scott
 sdm21983
Msg: 6 (view)

would you date someone from across the world
Posted: 2/18/2007 10:15:51 PM
I have been burned by this before a few times of varying distances, one of which was overseas. That one was the most serious I've had, and in the end hurt the most probably. All the same I know that LDR do work with some people so I wouldn't say never try it, especially since you've had one that did work. I personally will just not try one again, at least not without being friends first and seeing how things go from there.
 sdm21983
Msg: 198 (view)

Cross your legs until he cancels his POF account#2!
Posted: 2/18/2007 10:03:52 PM
I joined this thread very late but it is definitely something that I have seen happening a good deal. All the same, I personally would love to leave behind this whole 'online dating site thing'. If people want to stay in contact with me then so be it, but after a few times of crashing and getting back up I've settled that the only way I'll grow towards someone in a romantic way is after I've had a chance to meet them in person and spend time with them. I randomly talk to people all the time but I find it hard to develop that last inch going into friendship let alone anything further in person because I'm to meek. But I've been growing as a person and it's changing slowly yet surely, and just having friends through stuff like this has helped a good deal. And I broke off the subject but yeah.... basically I'd not hesitate to cancel everything like this and not go back if I found someone.
 sdm21983
Msg: 10 (view)

Do i push the issue????
Posted: 2/18/2007 9:53:02 PM
Well, if you like him then I would make sure you let him know it wasn't truly an issue with you, and if he keeps hiding it then maybe push the issue more. Other than that there are other more subtle ways to find out similar to some mentioned already, including but not ending with some of the things that were around when he was younger.

But I also agree with the fact that even if he lies over 'small things' how can you be sure that your and his definition of these small things are the same thing? Once someone has lied to you it is hard to trust them but I wouldn't quite say that it's always a deal breaker just make sure you let him know that you'd prefer him to be honest with you on all things big or small if you want to try and continue the relationship.
 sdm21983
Msg: 1 (view)

New to the forums, just thought I'd say hello.
Posted: 2/10/2007 8:53:40 AM
Just thought I would say hello basically. Interesting setup for this part of the site, I believe I'll look around and start posting from time to time possibly. There are definitely enough interesting topics around, so it will serve to be enjoyable I hope, entertaining from time to time as well.

Show ALL Forums