Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Boyfriend Online this week
 Green_MK2
Msg: 47 (view)

Boyfriend Online this week
Posted: 3/12/2013 9:43:54 AM
You checked back too didn't you?
Maybe his reasons are as good as yours.
 Green_MK2
Msg: 5 (view)

What do you say when a woman complains about other men on the site?
Posted: 3/10/2013 12:59:27 PM
Then she'll complain about exes, men in general and eventually will complain about YOU.
It pretty much plays itself out once you are aware of that notion.
 green_mk2
Msg: 2 (view)

Review, and quetion.
Posted: 3/10/2013 9:07:35 AM
You can send a sh*it load of messages without getting an answer. Yeah, it comes with the territory.

Main pic isn't helping you,pic 5 is on the right track for main but can be better. Group pics, bro pics don't help you either.
They don't like the pic, they don't read the message, they don't read the message they don't answer. Simple as that.

Wants to date but nothing serious is something guys can't afford to answer, put relationship unless you really really feel it's a lie.

Content of the about would do the trick for a lot of girls, just needs to be refined imo, remove all negativism and but's, sounds unsure.
ie your a good listener, period.
Capitalizing the ASS OFF feels a bit out of line.

Good luck.
 Green_MK2
Msg: 13 (view)

I got more reply's when I was fat... what the???
Posted: 3/9/2013 5:21:42 AM
The main reason to cut down from from 425 pounds should be that you probably doubled your life expectancy and quality or life. Congratulations.
 Green_MK2
Msg: 6 (view)

sex and both virgins
Posted: 3/8/2013 10:11:31 PM
Oh, yeah, I forgot, being a virgin at 20something and wanting sex is BAD. Disregard everything I said.... pfffft.
 Green_MK2

sex and both virgins
Posted: 3/8/2013 10:03:22 PM
If you have a shot at this, do it, but with tact.

Normally just after the random kiss could be a good time for a real kiss. If it felt good anyway.

Meeting random girl on the bus > Online dating.

Good luck with that.
 Green_MK2
Msg: 4 (view)

Report faked female profiles!
Posted: 3/8/2013 9:58:43 PM
Yes, there is, no, it's not the right place to post it.
 Green_MK2
Msg: 26 (view)

Ze flirt option
Posted: 3/8/2013 9:56:43 PM
Yeah I mention sexyness as an adjective, not an action.
It is an adjective, which is not necessarily the same as beautiful or attractive.
Most women can have it, it is a matter of attitude mostly, so also non-discriminatory.
I think I'll keep it for now, it IS the right ford for what I'm expressing.
 Green_MK2
Msg: 3 (view)

Lol who doesn't like to be judge right!
Posted: 3/8/2013 2:46:29 PM
Nope, she won't.
 Green_MK2

A quick glance and second opinion?
Posted: 3/8/2013 2:21:42 PM
Are you serious? Coriander is great, when you know how to use it. Just like dry humor. I think you use it right.

I love quotes generally, but they make a lame opener imo, get your own words.
At the start of your text, try not to make it sound like you spend ALL your free time doing things on your own. Readers would be quick to assume your just a recluse boy with no social life, that apparently turns them off.
It's missing a part about actual relationships and the kind of girl your want to meet.
Parenthesis are usually useless and tend to make the text heavier.
You can save the song/book/movie quizz for conversation.

Last line is useless, don't ask or wait for massages, not gonna happen, do your best to get replies.

Besides that, good job.
 Green_MK2

this is hard work, any advice please?
Posted: 3/8/2013 1:10:31 PM
Grow a beard, that should take care of your age problem.

You can't be geeky in a sexy way unless you're a chick.
 Green_MK2
Msg: 19 (view)

Ze flirt option
Posted: 3/8/2013 1:08:30 PM
Maybe she gets them on another site.
Or she's really a dude.

Just kidding.

It's easy to say that, coming from the hot girl who, says she, gets hundreds of messages daily, but I'm just the 'slightly unconventional dude', who receives one every other month ( On good months.) lol
Ignoring is what you do most of the timed you're on here.
I wouldn't want to miss on any action, if it seems to be worth it. ( By action I mean possible dates, not sexual encounter, just so we don't get sidetracked again...)
 Green_MK2
Msg: 15 (view)

Ze flirt option
Posted: 3/8/2013 11:30:38 AM
Thanks!
I heard mostly negative inputs about that, feels good to get some positives.
You're probably right, but then if that little bit can counterbalance the rest of the text and make me come off as a player.. wow it really doesn't take much!
I actually felt the text made me sound TOO nice and maybe not sexuated enough. I mean, women like sex as much as we do, no?
Think replacing it with "attractive" would do the trick?
 Green_MK2
Msg: 12 (view)

Ze flirt option
Posted: 3/8/2013 11:09:44 AM
I don't have any actual exemple as I empty my sent mssg box often.

I would normally thank them for the interest, and propose to take it on me to start an actual conversation.
Then do the usual (Something about)(mentionned interest x)(Ends with a question mark.).(Something about me)( pertaining interst x)
Optional (Something about)(mentionned interest y)(Ends with a question mark.).(Something about me)( pertaining interest y)
(Funny uplifting note)(pertaining something we have in common or that strikes me in the context.)

All the best,
(Sign)

Or something like that, I have tried other options in the past tho, to no avail mostly.

>> The flirt option is the equivalent of being in 3rd grade and a girl punches you in the arm. It means she likes you and you should throw a worm at her. <<

LOL
Yeah I would normally punch them back then run away. Kind of awkward with girls as a kid.
 Green_MK2
Msg: 21 (view)

HI!! review me.. im a getting hate mail :(
Posted: 3/8/2013 9:49:32 AM
Meh, if it IS a phishing scam.... it's an even bigger fail.
I liked the nigerian princess better, at least she was nice to me.
 Green_MK2

Ze flirt option
Posted: 3/8/2013 9:44:33 AM
Well, I do if I find the profile interesting, and she's not 7 hours away from me ( This happens a lot.), I consider this as an incentive to send a proper message because I'm not starting from zero this time ( But from, I guess, 0.5 lol)

I was just wondering what's the mental process associated with that. Trying to get attention all around? Maybe interested but too shy? Don't know what to write? Drunk browsing?
I can see a lot of reasons.
 Green_MK2

HI!! review me.. im a getting hate mail :(
Posted: 3/8/2013 9:29:20 AM
When the pics are that nice, you have a little more room to mess up your profile, that's a fact.
But don't take that for granted.

Few extra pounds really? Seem like are slightly complexed over weight, this is average, and very nice one too.

You sure give us a LOT of reasons not to message you, but very few to do.
Even though I fit all the mentioned criterias ( Except distance in this case.) I would not message you, sounds picky, precious and self-centered. Those are the qualities you want to put forward ? If the reason you do that is to not receive messages from the men that do not fit your standards, I'm pretty sure it's a fail, both ways.

Standard are okay. You can maybe wrap this up into a brief, nicely written, paragraph that give us a good idea that you won't settle, without putting us off so much. Use positives instead of negatives.

You can also do that with the second list, which is the interesting part, but poorly spun. And put that part before the criterias part so we want to message you, before you tell us not to.

Good luck
 Green_MK2
Msg: 1 (view)

Ze flirt option
Posted: 3/8/2013 9:13:11 AM
It's something I'm not familiar with, men don't have that option.

So what does it mean when a woman do that?

I have received a couple flirts over the months, but if answer them I don't get any more replies.
Maybe I come off too strong? Or maybe the user flirted on first impression, found the main pic attractive but didn't read the profile, but when she does, all bets are off ?

I consider that as a halfassed first move, but then again, always happy to receive whatever attention, feels like a lonely place at times...
 Green_MK2
Msg: 64 (view)

Emotional men
Posted: 3/8/2013 9:00:00 AM
Correction: The men that actually get your attention don't take relationship seriously.
Men who would, and are also up to date with their emotions, usually don't get any.
From my personal experience of course.
 Green_MK2
Msg: 51 (view)

Emotional men
Posted: 3/7/2013 7:08:07 PM
It's funny to hear OP scream PREJUDICE but the insight she provided kind of abound in that direction...
 Green_MK2
Msg: 28 (view)

Emotional men
Posted: 3/7/2013 8:36:53 AM
It is a grieving process, surely not as deep as losing a family member, but grieving nonetheless. People cope with it the way they know how; posting victimized statuses of FB is one way to do it ( Lame I agree.), and the patronizing replies he get might be a balm that soothes his inner wounds maybe.

This also has a lot to do with physical effects, hormones, brain chemistry.
Last time I was dumped ( For lack of a better word.) the actual sadness lasted, meh, a couple days, but then trying to get my shit together took a couple weeks, because it triggered a chain of physical effects akin to depression. Such things you have a lot less control over even if you recognize it.

Looking back, being someone who loves too much too early, thus exposing myself to being hurt ( I'm not gonna cry about it.) I would not trade it for the kind of coldness some people seem to experience in modern relationship. From my point of view, it hightens everything; the chasing, the sex, the connections. And our ability to love and experience joy or sorrow, being hurt then starting again, is what makes life worth living.
 Green_MK2

Females, can you please grade my profile?
Posted: 3/6/2013 5:58:52 PM
Too many pics is not a good thing, only one negative and youre OUT.
7 is really not esthetic, car pics are bad, one with the bear offer a nice cameo of your package, not sure thats good either, maybe wait for a lady opinion on this...
 Green_MK2
Msg: 34 (view)

Do you touch on the first date?
Posted: 3/6/2013 1:35:32 PM
Reading the title I thought more like 3rd base... almost sounded interesting.
 Green_MK2

Another profile review
Posted: 3/6/2013 1:31:32 PM
Sometimes, people just don't have anything to say... especialy if the about me is very dense and wordy, as seem to be the case here.
Be prepared to receive the stick, for putting a second review thread up.

Keep pics 3,4 maybe 8, main is a very unflatering angle.
What's the headline supposed to mean anyway ?

To bored to actually read and comment the text, maybe later.
 Green_MK2

Can I get a profile critique please
Posted: 3/6/2013 12:27:41 PM
Quit bouncing your head on the walls, maybe you can think more clearly without it hurting then...

Your pics: Not smilling, horrible cap, blurry, bad lighting.

You will go nowhere with those pics, period.

Good luck
 Green_MK2

been doing this for a while, but no luck
Posted: 3/6/2013 12:23:42 PM
You open up by saying you're 'unconventional'... I can like that, but the rest of the text really show only commonplace.
Give us some insight as to what makes you special or drop that bit imo. You can also phrase it better.

Do those 'lifestyle changes' for real and then come asking for healthy/fit people, as is, it's all talk.
Try to remove the negatives in the bit about your ideal manly man, only positives.
Last part is completely useless.

Pics 3 and 7 do you no good.

Good luck
 Green_MK2
Msg: 25 (view)

Thanks for taking the time :)
Posted: 3/6/2013 9:19:00 AM
Hey thanks, any latecoming feedback is appreciated ;)

I am an outdoors type? If that's what coming out of my profile, great, less boring than indoors type.

Most of the time I spend outside lately, is working, and I don't carry a camera or Iphone in the bush ( Sadly, I missed a couple great scenic shots that way...) I'll always try to get the best/most recent pics I can get my hands on, and the tips are useful. I'm in quebec, if I went outside to take that pic yesterday, there would also be a lot of white lol
 Green_MK2

DECLINE button from inbox/messaging.
Posted: 3/5/2013 9:45:56 PM
I wasn't talking about me, yeah, I can take a hint...
But around the forum it seems to be one of the greatest grief guys are having.

I suppose a decline button would only make them grieve about only receiving declination emails,
but worth a try.
 Green_MK2
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 3/5/2013 9:41:58 PM
I thought I was saying all the required stuff, in a different package. Maybe it's all too subtle, or unspecific.
Guess I'll re-write it again sometime then...
 Green_MK2
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 3/5/2013 3:45:13 PM
New main.

Seriously, last time I bump this....
Someone please pay attention to meeee *Cries*
 Green_MK2
Msg: 1 (view)

DECLINE button from inbox/messaging.
Posted: 3/5/2013 3:39:25 PM
I just think that could resolve the issue about never getting replies and waiting for them, an issue that is often raised in the forums.
A simple, sefl or pre-written, declination email, one click to peace of mind for both sender and receiver, along with a optional 'block' checkbox, to avoid further interaction from those that can't take no for an answer.

Just a thought.
 green_mk2

New to dating websites. Need advice
Posted: 3/5/2013 2:02:33 PM
Keep moving forward.
If it's not progressing towards actual meeting, it either means the person is not actually available or ready for actual dates, or she's progressing with someone else and you are on the waiting list.
Baby steps, no pressure, but don't get into an endless stream of messaging with no evidence that you can move from the virtual to the real world.
 green_mk2
Msg: 23 (view)

Don't you wish ...
Posted: 3/5/2013 1:50:16 PM
Sounds like 'someone' was unhappy with her date last night, she drank the cool-aid and got her expectations too high maybe?

As if it's not hard enough to get by on this site, for the average or even 'slightly unconventional' guys, having to live up to the often unreasonable expectations of the female gent, while staying honest enough yet not shooting oneself in the foot; all the while not permitted a single faux-pas.
And now you suggest to add to this some kind of 'rightness police' that would cue other girls, maybe those that are more open to give chances, to NOT DATE this or this one guy... based on perceptions that I can only assume are completely arbitrary.

Sure, what are we waiting for?
 Green_MK2

Would I be a horrible person?
Posted: 3/5/2013 1:16:31 PM
Block him. Hopefully he'll learn from the experience, or come on the forums to **** about you...
 Green_MK2
Msg: 25 (view)

what about therapy
Posted: 3/4/2013 1:41:36 PM
If you need someone to support you, tell you it's gonna be okay. = Friends and family
If you want someone to coach you into figuring out and improving your own behavior = Therapist

You don't need to have been trough really tough sh*t to be needing help, sometime it's just life or just you...
 green_mk2

what about therapy
Posted: 3/4/2013 9:03:50 AM
People don't always wait until they're starving to go buy groceries.

Someone who willingly goes into therapy is likely to be self-aware, lucid, humble and wants to improve his quality of life.
We are all messed up, some more than other agreed, props to the ones who are willing to work on themselves.
 Green_MK2

Profile review: Attracting the wrong girls
Posted: 3/4/2013 8:45:31 AM
It's not necessary to downtalk any type of women. We understood at the first sentence, the rest does sound superficial.

The 'right' girls will rarely send messages, if they do it's really to the top layer of awesome dudes, the rest of the common folk have to message them first, hoping to get a reply.

If you really need to put a sign in bold fonts to fend off one liner messages, wow, you must really be in high demand. Otherwise, totally useless.
 green_mk2
Msg: 58 (view)

Pursue or not pursue
Posted: 3/3/2013 10:14:04 AM
Lol, funny how people can be quick to judge.
Okay then I'm a horrible, horrible person.

I'm not feeling the need to defend myself, I'm just carrying a conversation. I don't give a damn what y'all think about me, but I like hearing points of views.

" There goes all your chances of finding a good, single woman on this site. Most people do read these forums FYI."

Yeah I guess I gave up on that idea long ago... no wonder since I'm such a horrible person.
 green_mk2
Msg: 21 (view)

Friend Zoned
Posted: 3/3/2013 10:10:10 AM
I felt for that story, really.

Now you know how the 'nice guys' feel, all the time.
 Green_MK2

How bad am I?
Posted: 3/2/2013 3:06:40 PM
There is nothing wrong with a french profile if you're aiming for a franco audience.
I find it reduces visibility. Used to have a bilingual text also, but since it's already kinda long it was overwhelming, so prolly no one bothered to read.

Basically, your online profile has to be 100% right ( Or more like 0% wrong.) if you want anything at all to happen.
You have to show the very best, while staying honest and being yourself.
I guess it does require some work.
 Green_MK2

Why is it that pictures and text so often aren't aligned?
Posted: 3/2/2013 11:30:14 AM
Sweet_Danimal you cracked the mystery lol.

Good looking woman will advertise sexual attraction, they have so they flaunt it. They're not looking for only sex, but they are looking for it as well, aren't we all?
It is silly to assume they don't want men to be physically attracted to them, and silly to assume they will not go for someone they are attracted to themselves.
As for attracting the wrong kind of attention, if they are attractive, they're used to it, they know how to handle it.
 Green_MK2
Msg: 54 (view)

Pursue or not pursue
Posted: 3/2/2013 10:50:23 AM
@Break
Well not always. I've seen it often, the people will try different things that often follow each other closely or even overlap/get blurry... especially with people in their 20s. Before it actually gets serious.
For instance my older sis, who just jumped from one boat to another, been 5 years now and things couldn't be better for them. He was the right guy for her, no matter who she was with before.
I never actually intend to break a relationship using any ploy or persuasion, but maybe it's not that bad to make sure the girl knows her options.

And yeah, for the record, I am an arrogant-douchy-low-life, if you only knew me lol!
 Green_MK2
Msg: 10 (view)

Im new to this
Posted: 3/2/2013 9:23:24 AM
If you're not the type of guy that sits around, doing what's requested to have success, you will not be the guy who has success on a dating site. Simple like that.
 Green_MK2
Msg: 11 (view)

Friend Zoned
Posted: 3/2/2013 8:49:50 AM
I think you already see this with the right perspective.
Really means 'Better luck next time.'
 Green_MK2

How bad am I?
Posted: 3/2/2013 8:33:05 AM
Alors franco ou anglo? lol

It is really true you don't look your age! I think main pic is cool tho.

Not sure how I feel about bilingual about me... I tend to appreciate the effort but it does make the text appear twice as long which is sadly often enough to get a 'Next'

You can workaround the 'bad-boy' complex with women by being yourself and making yourself be a turn-on... you cannot workaround a lack of confidence.
The text really shows a lot of that.

Remove all negativism and apologetic statements. Don't waste too much attention time explaining stuff. Be careful of spelling/syntax, that applies in both official languages.

The musical interest part of it reads too much like a list, tell a story.
Tell us a bit about the woman you are looking for.

PM me if you need a wingman ;)
Good Luck.
 Green_MK2
Msg: 9 (view)

Friend Zoned
Posted: 3/2/2013 8:08:27 AM
"Let's just be/stay friends" - That's a mild form of rejection, used mostly to ease one's feeling of guilt at hurting someone's feeling. Normally is just as bad as direct rejection after recipent let's it sink in. Unless the relationship STARTED as friends ( Where one of the parties tried to make it more.) further attempts at actual friendship will likely fail, as romantic feeling will persist on the rejectee's side.

'Friend-zoned'- More of a natural transition from a perceived romantic interest into a social interest that normally occurs after a faux-pas of just failure to make a move at the right time; it is normally impossible to come back from a social interest to a romantic-interest, tho exceptions have been recorded.

It would seem in your case that's more the former sadly...
 Green_MK2
Msg: 9 (view)

its my turn, help me w/ a profile review please
Posted: 3/1/2013 4:59:15 PM
Ignore HER... she's obviously drunk posting :p
 Green_MK2
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 3/1/2013 4:54:42 PM
She's female soooo guess she's right ;)
 Green_MK2

Posted: 3/1/2013 4:37:57 PM
Previous main pic was much better imo
 Green_MK2

Posted: 3/1/2013 10:28:30 AM
Okay bumping one last time, thanks everyone.

Show ALL Forums