Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: why do men only care about sex???
 nathanwg
Msg: 474 (view)

why do men only care about sex???
Posted: 1/27/2012 10:49:48 PM

AplleGeek: You'll find very few men in there young 20's not looking for sex.

Congratulations, you just found one! I am looking for a woman who enriches my life, and whose life I enrich. Sex would just be like the icing on the cake- I can eat cake all day without icing.
 Nathanwg
Msg: 12 (view)

Never been on a real date with a woman, and I am ok with that
Posted: 1/26/2012 8:14:39 PM
I have been involved women, it was just never in a dating or relationship context. No offense taken by the way- I know that I am a fairly "goofy" looking individual- not only do I try to turn that into a strength, but I would like to think that I make up for it in other areas.

Sometimes you just get lucky, some times you do not. I think it is about creating opportunities were you can try your luck.
 Nathanwg
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 1/23/2012 9:59:15 PM

Stop the pretense. You attitude about not being deterred by lousy results is good. But pretending is doesn't SUCK isn't good. Admit it sucks. Keep the optimism for the future, admit you want GOOD dates and that scoring ZERO is not your goal, and you're NOT OK with ZERO.

Thank you for the insight. You are right that I am not ok with the current state of affairs, and I should have done a better job of clarifying that. Perhaps what I should have said is that this is the reality of my situation, and I accept that reality, if only to want to change it. I am not going to be down on myself, and act like "woe is me" and seek pity. I know my situation sucks- but I am not going to let the fact that it sucks drag me down. That is what I meant to say, but like many things that are meant to say, it does not sound that way.
 Nathanwg
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 1/23/2012 7:54:08 PM

Only message and date creatures with no profile pic. Don't even ask them for a pic. Just message them, get responses (which you will) and set up a meeting. Tell yourself that beauty is only skin deep and underneath the jowls, excessive poundage and wrinkles from the tough years lies a wonderful woman.

As much as I appreciate your advice, I think it would be foolish for me to put myself, and someone else, in that type of situation. Physical attraction has to be there to some degree.
 Nathanwg
Msg: 151 (view)

Is it OK for a wife to kiss and hug all her male friends.
Posted: 1/22/2012 2:52:01 PM

(Arlo_Troutman) You fail to recognize that intentions are only HALF the equation. RESULTS matter too. It may indeed be benignly intentioned; however, if it bothers someone enough to post about it, then it's a problem, intentions notwithstanding. Don't be so trite and dismissive.

You are right, I overlooked the importance of results. I apologize for being trite in that regard. My only concern is that sometimes, people make a whole lot out of nothing, to the point where it appears to a neutral observer as paranoia. I am not familiar with the extent of the circumstances involved, so I was merely providing how I would address such a situation.
 Nathanwg
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 1/22/2012 2:46:14 PM

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Indeed, I understand as good as anyone the importance of adaptation. Creatures who fail to change and adapt to better suit the circumstances are at a disadvantage. The problem that I have, and I think I am not alone in this- is knowing what needs to be changed. Deciding what to change in order to be better off, is hard.
 Nathanwg
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 1/21/2012 10:35:42 PM
I consider myself flexible and open minded enough to be willing to date all kinds of people, including older women. I would not be averse to that at all. Everyone has the vices, young and old- I am guilty of many myself. I think that the important thing is to look for the redeeming qualities in everyone- everyone has a few.

As far as projecting a winning attitude, I try to do that without seeming arrogant. I consider myself, and would prefer to be a modest and humble person- learning the right balance is important, I agree.
 Nathanwg
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 1/21/2012 10:25:35 PM
You bring up a good point. My motivation for starting this thread is that I see alot of guys in similar predicaments, some even with "more experience" then me, act all doom and gloom. I am just sharing my personal insight. Grass is not exactly green on my side of the fence, but I make the best of it. I do not seek any attaboys, but I will take them with stride in any case. Thank you for the good luck wishes.
 Nathanwg
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 1/21/2012 10:05:09 PM
Hello all,

I thought long and hard about whether I should post this thread or not, but I decided it would be good to say, so here I am.

I am a 24 year old male. I have a job, I have 2 bachelor's degrees, almost done with my Master's, I have a few good friends, hobbies to keep me busy, and things to do on the weekend. I believe I am a good person, decent looking, I stay physically active, and I have always made good choices.

However, somewhere along the way, I have never been on a real date. Silly party flings and online communications aside, I have never did anything with a woman that could be considered a date. And I am ok with that. I do not suffer a lack of self-esteem, I do not feel down, and I do not feel as though there is something wrong me. Whenever I have asked anyone out, i was rejected. This is ok with me.

I am confident that at some point, I will find someone that is right for me. I may have only known rejection by women that I ask out, I may only have 99% of my messages ignored, and many women might only consider me as a friend- but if you stop, if you give up, nothing will change. There really are plenty of fish- and before it is over with, I will catch one. Think of this like playing poker. One can only be dealt so many bad hands before one hits the full house. And then everything before seems like it was worth it.

The best things in life are always the hardest to achieve.

And when I do go on that first real date, I promise it will rank among the best dates of all time. So do not give up! Keep on playing, because your next hand could be a full house.
 Nathanwg
Msg: 101 (view)

Being a Loner
Posted: 1/21/2012 9:40:38 PM
I know exactly how you feel. I have asked the same questions over the years- I have tried to change it. I became the happiest once I accepted it and embraced it. If people do not like me for it, then so be it. To each his own. I do not know if that will work for you, all I know is that it worked for me.
 Nathanwg
Msg: 175 (view)

Beauty in the eye of the beholder
Posted: 1/21/2012 9:35:56 PM
Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. One man's trash is another man's treasure.
 Nathanwg
Msg: 25 (view)

I'm more than than just *insert physical feature here*
Posted: 1/21/2012 9:28:31 PM
I am more then just a big nose on a big head.

In all seriousness, it does seem like most people have that defining feature that everyone else identifies them by.
 Nathanwg
Msg: 26 (view)

What does a serious relationship mean to you?
Posted: 1/21/2012 9:23:01 PM
I believe that a "serious relationship" is one in which the two people involved are content to be together indefinately.
 Nathanwg
Msg: 147 (view)

Is it OK for a wife to kiss and hug all her male friends.
Posted: 1/21/2012 9:21:32 PM
Like anything, it all boils down to intentions. What are the intentions of your wife and her male friends? If the intentions are benign, then there should be no problem. If you think anything to the contrary, however, then you should address that.
 Nathanwg
Msg: 37 (view)

does forgiveness work?
Posted: 1/21/2012 9:17:26 PM
Forgive, but do not forget. Also, you can forgive someone for doing something wrong by you without giving them a second chance.
 Nathanwg
Msg: 80 (view)

Do you think childless old men ever regret never having biological kids?
Posted: 1/21/2012 9:14:44 PM
I would imagine that some men might. Although I cannot speak personally for every guy in the world, I can tell you that this is my greatest fear in life. There is a song that describes this predicament: "Blessed" by Elton John.

Show ALL Forums