Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Have you become so Jaded that you think you will never marry?
 dao626
Msg: 101 (view)

Have you become so Jaded that you think you will never marry?
Posted: 4/3/2013 6:41:13 PM
I disagree with the figures. Getting married shouldn't be a race. I didn't get married until I was 36. People wait to get married for different reasons. I waited a long time because of my career at the time involved being on the road constantly and couldn't meet the right person living that lifestyle. Which is why I changed career's when I was 29 and then it took 5 or 6 years before meeting the right person. You don't want to force it: Just let it happen. When you meet the right person you'll know it.

Anyway, don't let percentages make you apprehensive.
 dao626
Msg: 48 (view)

Should I believe her
Posted: 2/16/2010 12:02:23 PM
Far more easier to run than resolve? Resolve what? Resolve staying in a relationship with someone that has not been and will not be faithful? If you don't have trust; You have nothing. At this point dude: It's not about what's easier. It's about what's smarter. Forget about her. Go fishing on this site. There are a lot of women out there that are looking for someone and will be faithful.

Good luck
 dao626
Msg: 31 (view)

Emails with EX
Posted: 2/16/2010 11:52:53 AM
Run!! As fast as you can and don't look back.

I have an ex that I get along just fine with and we have a 9 year old daughter together that I have joint custody of. We don't e-mail each other but maybe 3 times a year if that and it always pertains to our daughter and that's it.

Run my friend.
 dao626
Msg: 43 (view)

Randy Rhoades or Eddie Van Halen????
Posted: 2/16/2010 11:08:39 AM
Randy and Eddie had totally different styles so it’s hard to say who was better. They were both great at what they did. They were both innovators. They influenced most of the great guitar players of today. No: Eddie was not the first for tapping, but took it to a whole different level. If you ask any of the great guitar players of today who their influences were: These two would most certainly be on the list. Listen to the first Alice in Chains CD, close your eyes and just listen to the guitar and try to tell me that you don’t hear Jimmy page style riffs all through the album.

Although I love both; I prefer Randy’s style. He just amazed me at what he could do at his age. I was devastated when he died. We were close in age. I even wrote a song called Rhoades after he died that my band played. Eddie; on the other hand was an awesome party song guitar player. The rhythm riffs he came up with were catchy and just made you want to party. I don’t believe that Eddie changed that much over the years like I think that Randy would have had he lived. He was not only a teacher, but a student always learning and had such a love for music of all kinds. I can’t believe one of the posts on here saying that Randy sounded stiff. That is so untrue. Although we will never know for sure; I think that Randy would have evolved into an iconic guitar player had he lived and maybe not even in metal.

I take my hat off to all the amazing influential guitars from the past including Dimebag Darrell, Malmsteen, Tony MacAlpine (amazing), Vinnie Moore, Jimmy Page, Tony Iommi, Gary Moore, Jimi Hendrix, Ted Nugent, just to name a few and of course let’s not forget Randy Rhoades & Eddie Van Halen.
 dao626
Msg: 295 (view)

Should men color the gray
Posted: 2/16/2010 9:45:30 AM
I'm guilty of dying my goatee. I don't have any gray hair on my head, but I'm loaded with it in my goatee. I guess I'm just in denial about getting old and fighting it. I dyed my goatee for the first time about 3 months ago. Since I don't have gray hair on my head; most people don't even know that I've dyed my goatee. They do say that I look different, but they don't know how. I've had women say that they like the gray in my facial hair so I guess I'm just doing it for my own satisfaction. In fact; I have not done in a few weeks. I'm sure that in time I will come to terms with getting older, but until then I better go to the store and pick up some more "just for men" and dye it up baby.
 dao626
Msg: 61 (view)

Naughty Dancing = Cheating?
Posted: 2/16/2010 8:48:17 AM
When I was a kid; grinding sexually, and felling up someone was called getting to “Second Base”. Which was only the second step in my quest to have sex. Only had 2 more steps to go to get a home run and have sex. I guess everyone is taking on the Bill Clinton mentality that even getting a BJ is not having sexual relations. Lol I’m sorry. I do believe that it is cheating if you are in a relationship with someone and you are out grinding on someone other than your SO. Boy do I feel old saying all this. Lol Just because a lot of people are doing it; it doesn’t make it right. I’m sure everyone can remember your parents telling you that growing up.

I can just see this forum 10 years from now when people are saying “hey; they are wearing a condom, and doing it on the dance floor so their Significant other can see and not hiding it, so it’s not cheating”. Everybody’s doing it. It’s the normal type of sexual dancing. “BULL****”

Dance like the dancing banana .
 dao626
Msg: 13 (view)

maxies party pics 02-21-09
Posted: 2/22/2009 7:35:43 PM
Great party!! I don't drink, but still had a great time. I did see a lot of familiar faces, and I look forward seeing more at the next one.

You guys really know how to have fun.

Dave
 dao626
Msg: 7 (view)

Photos from MAXIES in flint 11-22-08
Posted: 11/23/2008 4:33:29 PM
Great party Debi,
I was a POF party virgin, and I had a wonderful time. I was amazed at the turn out. I recognized a lot of faces. I promise next time to sing a few tunes if you promise to sing a duet with me.

I look forward to the next party !!!!!
 dao626
Msg: 2428 (view)

The guitar player's [GEAR] thread
Posted: 8/26/2008 8:53:39 PM
Guitar: ESP Mirage

AMP: Trace Elliot Tramp 12" Combo

Effects: Digitech Legend II rack mount processor w/foot switches.
 dao626
Msg: 24 (view)

Velvet revolver
Posted: 8/25/2008 7:44:02 AM
I never did get GNR. Mainly because of my hate for Axl. I thought that musically the band was awesome, but for a lack of a better term; Axl sucks. I felt the same way about Kurt Cobain. Sebastian Bach (at least back in the day) was much better vocalist than either one of them could ever dream to be. I would be curious to hear what Sebastian would sound like with VR. I've never seen VR live, but have heard that they are pretty good. Then again; I thought that Gary Sherone would be a good mix with Van Halen. Boy was I wrong there.

As far as Scott Weiland: I think he is a great singer, but has had a lot of drug issues which is sad. STP is a great band. I've seen them live many times and have met them a few times as well.
 dao626
Msg: 34 (view)

Musical Influences
Posted: 8/24/2008 10:21:04 PM
Wow, so many influences. I'm dating myself, but these guys have been my biggest influences.

GUITAR:
Al DeMeola
Eric Johnson
Alex Lifeson
Rik Emmett
Nuno Bettencourt
Ted Nugent
Rudolf Schenker
Matthias Jabs
Michael Schenker
Robin Trower
Eddie Van Halen
Randy Rhoades
Tommy Shaw

VOCALS:
Geoff Tate
Ronnie James Dio
Jon Bon Jovi
Robert Plant
Vince Neil
Brad Delp
Dennis DeYoung
Tommy Shaw

SONGWRITING:
Dio
Pink Flyod
Phil Collins
Def Leppard
Led Zeppelin
 dao626
Msg: 24 (view)

Croc shoes- safety vs. fashion trend
Posted: 8/24/2008 8:40:08 PM
I just don't see the attraction to the crocs. I think they are very ugly and don't even look comfortable. I have not tried a pair on so maybe they are comfy and I'm missing out on something. I doubt it though. I'm sure the croc fad will fade away soon.
 dao626
Msg: 3 (view)

Robert Plant
Posted: 8/24/2008 8:29:50 PM
Robert Plant is awesome. I regret that I didn't see Zeppelin live back in the day, but I did see Robert Plant a couple of times he was really good. He had some good solo stuff, but not as good as the Zeppelin stuff. I did get to see the Page/Plant tour in the 90's and that was a great show!!
 dao626
Msg: 6 (view)

What song makes you think about when you were a kid? Describe a time you remember hearing it....
Posted: 8/24/2008 8:24:14 PM
"Long, Long way from home" by foreigner and "Taking care of Business" by Bachman Turner Overdrive. Those were the two songs that my band played at our 9th grade school talent show. When I hear them it takes me back to those days. I remember blasting away those 8 track tapes in my car.
 dao626
Msg: 14 (view)

Current Condition of todays rap/hip hop
Posted: 8/24/2008 8:14:51 PM
I think that rap and hip hop sucks!!!!!! I have never liked it, and my blood boils when I see that crap when awards. I just don't get it. But my parents probably though the same thing about the metal I was listening to.
 dao626
Msg: 27 (view)

Its late at night and you pick up your musical instrument..
Posted: 8/24/2008 8:11:25 PM
I will usually just start jamming, and making shit up. If I come up with some cool licks for a new song I will hit record so I don't forget it.
 dao626
Msg: 138 (view)

Female singers in hard rock/metal.
Posted: 8/24/2008 8:08:35 PM
I love a good women metal singers. I'm a huge Amy Lee fan. She is awesome. Nancy Wilson back in the day was really good. Although they were more mainstream rock. Lacey Mosley from Flyleaf is not bad either.
 dao626
Msg: 8 (view)

John Mayer... Stevie Ray- Clone?
Posted: 8/24/2008 7:59:26 PM
John Mayer is good, but no where near Stevie Ray Vaughn caliber.
 dao626
Msg: 30 (view)

Where are my Glam Rockers?
Posted: 8/24/2008 7:56:28 PM
The 80's hair band days were awesome!! I was privileged enough to be a part of it myself and because our touring, I got to meet a lot of people. Whitesnake, Motley Crue, Dokken, Dio, Europe, Queensryche, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, Tesla, Skid Row, and many more were great bands. If you listen to a lot of the new stuff out; they have a little melodic 80's metal overtones to them. Does anyone remember Triumph and Zebra? Those were a couple of great bands.
 dao626
Msg: 65 (view)

For those that have been married before - would you do it again?
Posted: 8/24/2008 7:37:49 PM
I would do it again if I found the right person.
 dao626
Msg: 17 (view)

How do men decide?: Friends with benefits or relationship?
Posted: 12/17/2007 1:04:50 PM
It could be anything. Don't take it personal. If that's not what you want, then move on.
I know that for me I look for a lot of different things that could break the deal on a long term relationship with someone. If she has children; I look at how she treats them, What kind of custody does she have, is she a deadbeat mom. If a woman is not nice to her children (yelling, threatening violence, spanks them, ignores them, etc..), She will never meet my daughter. I have to think about my own daughter when I'm going to bring someone else into our world.
I look at whether or not I can have an intelligent conversation with her other than what we did at work today and complain about co-workers. There is a lot more to talk about.
I have to be REALLY attracted to her. Not just how a guy is for just any woman that will do him, but a real Chemistry.
I like a woman that has a lot of self confidence & trust (not clingy). We should be able to spend time apart and together without any trust issues.
These are just a couple of things that I look for. I could go on and on, but I have made the point I want to make. If a woman does not meet what I'm looking for in a relationship: It does not mean that she is not relationship material. It just means that she is not for me. You should not think that you are not relationship material. I'm sure that you are, but for the right person. There are millions of people out there and we all look for different things when it comes to criteria for a long term relationship. Some people are pickier than others. I happen to be very picky (although I'm the farthest thing from perfect myself), but I know what I want. (at least I think I do) lol
Going out with 10 guys in 3 years is not a lot. I think you should get out more. The more people you meet, the better your odds of meeting your relationship material.
That being said: Be careful too. There are a lot of crazy people out there. Get to know them through e-mail and phone first before going out. You can learn a lot about someone from talking on the phone. After that it's just about meeting in person and seeing if the physical part is there.

Everyone have a wonderful Holiday Season!!
 dao626
Msg: 23 (view)

Is there a non-sexual area of a woman than men like?
Posted: 12/17/2007 12:29:39 PM
One of my favorite parts of a woman's body is the small of her back. I love the way it feels. I love the sparkle in her eyes, her soft hands, neck, and full sensual lips.

Show ALL Forums