Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Ex wants me back after 13 years
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 40 (view)

Ex wants me back after 13 years
Posted: 1/31/2011 12:42:33 PM
Ok I have to say this. The post was started in 2009 and was unactive till now...The OP Is gone .. She is not seeing any of this..
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 2 (view)

2 somewhat religion-based jokes
Posted: 10/22/2010 6:44:55 PM
The last one was cute hadn't seen it before. Saw the billborad one on TV i think it was very true
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 6 (view)

Saying GoodBye To Mother
Posted: 3/12/2010 5:49:45 PM
Very funny thanks for sharing
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 9 (view)

Am I getting snubbed because I am Serbian?
Posted: 3/12/2010 5:40:53 PM
Wow this started in 2005. Think this guy will even come back to see what has been written?

Profile sounds like a really good fish to net..NOT.
under 5 feet tall. bbw 50 yrs old wants som one no wrinkles no pimples. so a super model is what he wants and she must drive him around.

Wow what woman wouldn't jump at man like that. suprise anyone would bother in 1st place.
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 3 (view)

To the woman who hit my car
Posted: 3/10/2010 6:55:12 PM
LOL you 2 ^^^^ great comebacks...
 pretty greeneyes

she can't outrun her past
Posted: 3/10/2010 6:42:59 PM
Give her space let her continue to work with counciling. Maybe she needs to work on herself now and then later she can work on a relationship. Tell her to take six months then you and her can try again; and if you try again you want it to be for good.

IF she gets scared she needs to be able to talk about this with you not run from you.
best wishes
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 39 (view)

If you had a bad childhood are you still obligated to take care of your parents in old age?
Posted: 3/9/2010 4:11:04 PM
Dangerouscurves.... I feel your pain. I so wish your mom had took him to court for childsupport. You have brothers/sisters that you do not know. I am not sure if you want to get to know them or not. Your dad did you wrong no doubt about that.

You are in a hard spot here. Do you go see him say goodbye have closure or do you carry your hurt forever. You should go agaisnt the estate for your share. Can get an attonrey to say he is not of sound mind. or his wife made him do it. DNA test will be what you will have to get ordered to prove you are his child.

Honey you need to seek help for yourself. This will cause you major problems with any relations you try to have with men , It will always be in your head no man is trust worthy no man will stand with me etc...
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 12 (view)

Is it possible to love someone who dumped you before ?
Posted: 3/4/2010 4:01:51 PM
If your friends told you where he is..do you not think maybe they have told him where you are????

It wouldn't hurt to contact him, don't except to start up where you left off 20 yrs ago. You have changed since then and so has he. If you have not changed in 20 years something is not right somewhere.

Maybe nice to put closure on the relationship if you didn't back then.
good luck
 pretty greeneyes

hope this lil story doesnt get deleted
Posted: 2/27/2010 12:56:45 PM
I would say she isn't that into you.
She is seeing another guy. I would not call her again. You left unanswered messages leave it at that and move on. The ball is in her court now.
 pretty greeneyes

Did I ask her out on a date?
Posted: 2/25/2010 5:59:18 PM
Dude you asked her to an event paid for the tickets. That sounds like a date to me. But if she is dating Mr Y why go out with another? Ask her if she and he is an item. Then will have your answer.

You could also call this just 2 friends hanging out. No handing holding. no kissing.etc
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 8 (view)

When dating a few different people, not sleeping with them, is it better to be open about it?
Posted: 2/24/2010 5:15:03 PM
I think it should be fine to date more than one if you feel OK with it. I wouldn't hide it from any of them if they ask tell. If you are just going out talking getting to know each other. Nothing too up close and personal if so then just go with one.
LOL on tv the Jake guy had 25 women to date at once and they all knew....but that is not normal real life or so we hope....
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 4 (view)

Ouch
Posted: 2/2/2010 12:46:08 PM
LOL Ouch that was a good one...... will have to remember that one
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 48 (view)

Informing People That Someone Has Herpes
Posted: 1/29/2010 1:35:29 PM
TELL .....Yes adults should be responsibe for their own actions.

If my friend was about to enter into a sexual situation with someone that I knew had Herpes I would tell them one way or another. If I knew because of my job would say something like. before you make a move have a very detail STD talk with this person and keep it safe at all times. IF knew by other means would say. think twice you will get something that can't get rid of...

Tell it. I know it is putting your nose where maybe it doesn't belong but your friends should thank you for preventing getting a STD.
 pretty greeneyes

two much?
Posted: 1/20/2010 5:08:32 PM
I am guessing this guy is older than you?

Depends on how much he talks about his kids. Does he ask you about your day or talk about things you wish to talk about? If he talks only about his kids then I would say yea he is talking about them too much.

I would say its a sign of how much he loves his children. You can always change the subject see how that goes.
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 10 (view)

Doesn't Know What To Do.
Posted: 1/14/2010 3:24:43 PM
I may have missed it... But what caused the break up with your best friend and this guy???? What did he do that hurt her so badly and she is still not over it?????

Think long and hard before you make a move. Maybe you have this feeling because you think he is taboo oe 'off limits' Is this possible boyfriend worth loosing your best friend over.????

How do you think she will feel if you want to double date or invite her out to do things and you have him with you??? Will she feel comfortable? Would she want to hang out with him???

I would not be happy if my bff dated an ex that caused me pain. Would not think her much of a friend either. How would you feel if someone did this to you?
 pretty greeneyes

BF not as attracted because of my weight
Posted: 1/5/2010 5:25:32 PM
^^^^^^^^ I agree looking at others while out with you is not treating you well.

Do what you feel best about.
25lbs less is sooo much better for your body and your health than 25 more lbs. He may not find you as sexy but others will. If he really loves He will love you fat or skinny or somewhere inbetween.

Being 60lbs over weight leads to many health problems as you age.

BEst of luck to you
 pretty greeneyes

indian marriage broker...?
Posted: 12/28/2009 4:56:07 PM
LOL honey it must just be you. never gotten one of those calls. next time play along see if offer any money....

hehhe men get wives from Russia. Maybe the men now think the women want a mail order/phone order hubby
 pretty greeneyes

Family refuses to meet until 6 months+
Posted: 12/5/2009 8:48:37 PM
I agree with itsmargo. Just ask her in a calm voice. Why do you invite your friends and their Bf's if they have not been dating for 6months and not me and my date. I just want to understand.
I think you are doing the right thing by saying no thanks to the invite. No reason for you to go and be the 5th wheel as they say
 pretty greeneyes

something funny
Posted: 11/7/2009 7:31:50 PM
too funny
thanks for the laugh.. ... this is too short to post
 pretty greeneyes

The Blonde Cowboy
Posted: 9/4/2009 9:06:36 PM
hahahaha.. thanks that was funny ....
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 29 (view)

Do parents teach their teens about sex?
Posted: 8/7/2009 1:58:44 PM
Angell I am sorry your mom will not talk to you about that. It's a normal part of life.
I talk to my teenager but she gets all.. I am not talking that with you....But I get my point across and she knows the window is always open.

I hope you can find an older adult to talk with and answer the questions you may have.
 pretty greeneyes

Do parents teach their teens about sex?
Posted: 8/6/2009 3:40:44 PM
Have you asked your parents or your mom? Some teens will not talk sex with parents would rather get misguided info from other teens.
Some parents may not want to talk sex with the kids. It is something that must be done kids need to know .
 pretty greeneyes

Recent Experience
Posted: 8/4/2009 8:51:37 AM
umm not much can be done on POF .

You found his wife on face book??? Send her a message tell her about him and his name on POF let her look him up. She needs to know so can protect herself.
 pretty greeneyes

My Grandmother and Me
Posted: 7/31/2009 6:45:05 PM
^^^^ very good advise.

Also remember she is a grandmother that means a child and a grandchild and now a great grandchild that she would have taken care of.

Babies love to be rocked why else do you think the wind up swings came to be?

Sit down with her come up with a plan that both of you can live with. Give a little take a little..its... all about communication.
 pretty greeneyes

Funny wedding video (actually worth watching)
Posted: 7/31/2009 6:29:58 PM
Yep it is a real wedding it was on the news.

Thanks for posting it . wonder if this will cause a spin off of dancing weddings
 pretty greeneyes

Amazing Commercial
Posted: 7/12/2009 6:59:51 PM
Very cool, not funny but well worth watching. thanks
 pretty greeneyes

Mind test
Posted: 6/30/2009 3:37:53 PM
yes this has been over done. But still something. I think he left out the study states if have 1st and last leters and maybe vowels? in order can be read no problem
 pretty greeneyes

25 things me mom taught me
Posted: 6/30/2009 3:33:36 PM
hahahahah so funny I have said a few of those things myself and more than once.
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 6 (view)

To what extent is the past in the past for you in assessing others?
Posted: 6/30/2009 3:25:33 PM
"I've been tempted to change teams with the frustrations men have caused me in the past"

So true but same team doesn't have the different playing parts.

I think my deal breaker could be a few things. Some one that has abused children or women. Physical or sexual would always have that doubt if 'they' would do it again.

We all have a past and make mistakes, must learn from them, somoene that keeps doing the same stupid mistake over and over again would be another deal breaker.
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 38 (view)

Am I old fashion????
Posted: 6/30/2009 3:19:29 PM
No not at all old fashion

I didn't read your profile did check out the pics Don't see anything wrong with them. Was thinking maybe short shorts and skimpy tank tops lol

And maybe just put a disclaimer I will not sleep with you on first or sencond date nore the 3rd . When the time is right then no holds bar. Must be willing to produce a clean STD test also and wear a condom.

Good luck and don't feel old school if you had slept with them on 1st or 2nd date prob. still would not hear from them again.
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 5 (view)

Diet for the dogs!
Posted: 6/22/2009 7:47:43 PM
OMG that was so funny. thanks was expecting it to go another direction. great joke.
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 5 (view)

Cute Adam and Eve joke
Posted: 6/22/2009 7:42:50 PM
well of course they did. hehe

which came first the chicken or the egg
 pretty greeneyes

Question Concerning Body Type, Smoking or Religion?
Posted: 6/17/2009 8:56:57 AM
I think this question has bee asked over and over.

Yes to many it does. Some think must have the same Religion to have a lasting relationship. It goes to how you may want to raise your children if both have different view and neither is willing to meet in the middle. Many think you must only date within your faith. Just think about a Jew and Catholic. One believes in Jesus the other does not. How would you do Christmas, Easter etc I think you see where I am going with this.

BBW is not pretty to a lot. Everyone has a certain look they like or don't like.

As far as smoking read some of the post many are very anti -smokers.
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 7 (view)

why can't i find any one who just wants me for me and not just for my friends:(
Posted: 5/12/2009 8:29:47 PM
Change up your profile can't even see your face very well. I know off topic but maybe will get some messages from girls your age.

You say your best mate comes before anyone.. Hope this isn't the one your dates are you leaving you for???

Keep the girl away from the friends till you know if she is into you for you.
 pretty greeneyes

Sippin Vodka
Posted: 4/30/2009 7:25:21 AM
LOL Thanks for the laugh.
 pretty greeneyes

Pets
Posted: 4/30/2009 7:23:16 AM
Thanks this is so cute.. and so true. why do they want to go the bathroom with you.
It never fails. broke the dog from that. gave it a bath afterwards. LOL soon stoped coming to stick her nose in....
 pretty greeneyes

Why We Love Children
Posted: 4/25/2009 7:00:28 PM
Those were so cute. Some have heard before the talking chicken one is a hoot..

I can just picture a kid saying that. Teacher with tears trying to not laugh
 pretty greeneyes

Unseen stress and libido
Posted: 4/23/2009 9:39:08 AM
Could be a a lot of different things. Stress will decrease the sex drive. Also if he has lost interst or has his eye on another.

Maybe he has some kind of stress he does not want to share with you right now?
Just hang in there maybe plan a fun filled evening where he knows you do not expect him to preform and he may just rise ..
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 52 (view)

Have you been judged for habits?
Posted: 4/23/2009 9:11:03 AM
Wow. Lot of hate for the smokers.

I don't smoke nor do I really want to date anyone that does.

I really think it was rude of the dude to block her because she smokes. After all convo had been started. He could have at least said. Sorry I don't want to get into a relationship with a smoker then block if he wanted to.
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 17 (view)

1st date
Posted: 4/15/2009 8:35:17 PM
I don't think the women would be boring because the like to go play cards. Its just a routine they have set up. Have friends there can go and talk they become like family esp when no family is near by.

Try early dinner date if they are playing cards in the AM.

Some seniors are in better health then young adults walking around. Age is not always a factor in if you need physical help. Its always easy to sterotype someone just because of their age.
 pretty greeneyes

Professor/Student relationship ...
Posted: 4/10/2009 7:59:25 PM
I think the answer that get use to real word is BULL....

Professors are in a leadership role and should not treat a student that way. If student is 16 or 46. At least you did get a "sorry" . Just chalk it up to an unprofessional acting professional peson.

PS this is not a dating topic. so it may get deleted...
 pretty greeneyes

A word of warning....
Posted: 4/3/2009 8:45:13 AM
UMM.. did you scan it upside down. copy paste and rotate???

took me a second to get it.. wouldn't buy a keyboard from ebay again either ....:>
 pretty greeneyes

alzeimer's test
Posted: 3/21/2009 6:23:14 PM
ok that was a good one. but must tell I didn't read them all.. it got old fast..
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 1 (view)

horse humor..
Posted: 3/20/2009 6:48:44 PM
A guy calls his buddy, the horse rancher, and says he's sending a friend
over to look at a horse.
His buddy asks, 'How will I recognize him?
'That's easy; he's a dwarf with a speech impediment.'So,the dwarf shows up,
and the guy asks him if he's looking for a male or female horse.
'A female horth.'So he shows him a prized filly.'Nith lookin horth. Can I thee
her eyeth?'
So the guy picks up the dwarf and he gives the horse's eyes the once over.
'Nith eyeth, can I thee her earzth?'
So he picks the little fella up again, and shows him the horse's ears.'Nith
earzth, can I thee her mouf?'
The rancher is getting pretty ticked off by this point, but he picks him up
again and shows him the horse's mouth.'Nice mouf, can I see her twat?'
Totally mad at this point, the rancher grabs him under his arms and rams the
dwarf's head up the horse's fanny, pulls him out and slams him on the ground.

The dwarf gets up, sputtering and coughing.
'Perhapth I should rephrase that. Can I thee her wun awound a widdlebit?'
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 13 (view)

Wild & Crazy Folks
Posted: 3/19/2009 10:31:42 AM
Ladder doesn't go to top rung

Not sharpest tool in shed.

when handing out brains thought they said rain, and ran for cover.

Kind of slow on the up take.

Better marry rich...

Not running on all cylinders(spell)
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 17 (view)

Strawberries and whipped cream
Posted: 3/19/2009 10:02:37 AM
"not on my 1000 count sheets!"

LOL get some cheap sheets.. or better yet buy a cheap shower curtain for like $1 at dollar tree. use and throw away.. Shower after no sticky morning.......
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 14 (view)

Lost alot of weight...self conscious about body
Posted: 3/8/2009 7:34:52 PM
Ok I try to stay out of these weight forums..

Surgery is not the easy way out...that is a way effing stupid statement. For those that don't know they endure lots of pain. Banding is safer than the bypass. These people have a life time of problems due to wanting and needing to loose weight. I have seen a few DIE from having the BYPASS. would have been better off to have stayed fat.

At a certain point skin will not pop back in place. Even if you go slow if you loose 100 plus pounds will have extra skin. The procedure to get rid of it also has lots of risk and complications post surgical.

OP be proud of your self for going through the surgery. Many don't do that well with the banding. IF someone loves you they will love your loose skin..Because it is part of you.

It's never wise to ask about self conscious issues in these because so many are so quick to judge and be mean.

Like yourself for who you are. Be secure in who you are.

Congrats on the wt loss
 pretty greeneyes

Heroes
Posted: 2/27/2009 2:47:17 PM
ahaha funny... prob about right also
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 24 (view)

People who suck
Posted: 2/27/2009 2:17:14 PM
LOL 20pets. your profile pic is the punch line.. grand pa needs a lift

what was funny about this?????