Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Interracial dating in Alberta...
 Dannyboy64
Msg: 3 (view)

Interracial dating in Alberta...
Posted: 4/29/2012 10:37:00 PM
I live in Calgary and have lived in Lethbridge. The majority of the black girls I know date white boys. I can only think of two examples of black girls dating black guys over the past 25 years, but lots of them marrying white guys.
I have spent most of my time in the Christian community, and perhaps it is more integrated there?

What is really important is character, personality, intelligence and looks. Skin color has nothing to do with it. It is quite possible that most guys in Ft. Mac aren't deep enough to realize that.
 dannyboy64

Asus laptops...who else has one?
Posted: 2/13/2010 3:07:58 PM
I figured it would be fast. That is a great combination of processor and graphics card.

With laptops I am concerned about reliability, and Asus is rated very high in most surveys.

You should probably pick up some newer games. If you don't want to spend a lot of money there are a number of games over a year old that are quite inexpensive. Crysis and Crysis Warhead will stress your machine to the max, but have amazing graphics. They will also utilize DX10, the only thing I can't do on XP. Rainbow Six Vegas Two is great, available for $10 on steam. BioShock is rated high and only $20 on steam.

Congrats on a great purchase, I wish Best Buy sold ASUS up here in Canada.
 dannyboy64
Msg: 7 (view)

Keyboard problem help, pleeeeaase?
Posted: 2/13/2010 2:47:27 PM
I'm on XP, as it will run more programs than Vista will, but I've had the same problem. Took me a while to figure out, but here is what I did. I set it to US English instead of Canadian English. It seemed to like to jump over to the French Canadian standard - don't know why. I may have been accidentally hitting the language bar, so I also deactivated it.
 dannyboy64
Msg: 5 (view)

Lethbridge Tourist Spots
Posted: 8/6/2009 5:30:31 PM
If you have a full day, hit Waterton. Better yet, cross the border and visit Glacier National Park in Montana and drive Logan's Pass and hike the high line trail. Of course you will need a passport. Google Street View does an amazing job of showing Logan's Pass.

A friend of mine bought the watertower and put in a good steak house at the top. Both the view and the steaks are great. It is about 4 blocks north of Henderson Field.

You might want to check out Fort Whoop Up and the Galt Musuem if you are the historical type.
 dannyboy64
Msg: 12 (view)

Business Advice -or- We're here for the Partnership...
Posted: 7/13/2009 4:46:40 AM
Some good points here.

When you find the accountant ask him what to do with any equipment or software you and your partner are contributing personally.

Also, check out the new version of Alpha Five if Codeless Ajax interests you:

http://blog.alphasoftware.com/search/label/Alpha%20Five%20Version%2010
 dannyboy64
Msg: 9 (view)

Remove XXXXX from my matches - ever notice this feature before?
Posted: 3/29/2009 1:03:36 PM
Oh oh, you all will be hitting that button for me! javascript:smilie('')

Time to start a new profile!
 dannyboy64
Msg: 64 (view)

Yay! My first a-hole response!!
Posted: 3/29/2009 12:39:57 PM
So Seven, if I send you a message, you will send me a polite "no thanks" message back. I might just do that!javascript:smilie('')

Beats being totally ignored.

Dan
 dannyboy64

Memories growing up.
Posted: 3/28/2009 1:22:16 AM

Oh yeah, playing with sulpher (easy to get way back when), salt peter (potassium nitrate I thought), and ground up BBQ briquettes (carbon). I thought I was onto something (makin' gunpowder) and would make the news firin' tinfoil rockets past airplanes.

Grey, don`t forget gasoline, plastic models and toy soldiers. Also wrist rockets and BB guns.

What, the rest of you didn`t have a German best friend? Somehow I turned out OK and he became a cop.
 dannyboy64
Msg: 34 (view)

VIRUS WARNING - mac vs pc
Posted: 3/28/2009 1:08:58 AM
Actually, there is plenty of business software out there that was programmed in Windows, and thus won't run on a Mac. Think about it, most programmers would target their applications to run on the platform that most businesses use, Windows. Of course if more applications run `in the cloud` (from the internet) that may change a little. For example, I can`t do a corporate tax return on a Mac. I much prefer the PC for quickly writing database applications - nothing on the Mac touches Alpha Five for development speed vs features - and I have looked at Filemaker and 4d.

Also, PC`s are generally cheaper and more upgradeable, although I must admit a Mac is better looking and probably built better. Then again, if I want to upgrade every three years that isn`t a factor. Also, Memory Express machines with brand name parts are so reliable they offer an inexpensive instant replacement warranty.
 dannyboy64
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 3/26/2009 4:54:33 PM
Someone read my earlier post and based an ad campaign on it....

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/03/26/new-microsoft-ads-point-out-cough-high-cost-of-macs/
 dannyboy64
Msg: 11 (view)

Brains or Beauty?????????????????????????
Posted: 3/26/2009 2:08:22 PM
Besides 'brains' don't forget about other non physical attributes like character and personality.

Bill Clinton was a Rhodes schollar, thus he had brains. But as for character, hmmm, I suppose it all depends upon how you define words like 'sexual' and 'is'.

We accountants have intelligence and sometimes even character, but as for personality.....
 dannyboy64
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 3/26/2009 1:55:26 PM

Sorry, I'm really stupid technically, so what is the downside of a Mac? Why wouldn't everyone get one?

Price - compare similar powered machines, the PC is cheaper. Spend the same amount of money, the mac is underpowered. For the same price as an 24" Imac I can get a faster PC with a 3d monitor that will play most existing games in fast hires full color 3d.
That said, a Mac is often more reliable and has better aesthetics.

Flexibility - I don't like the IMac idea of buying the monitor and computer in one unit. If I want to upgrade either my CPU or monitor why should I be forced to upgrade both. I have a 2 1/2 year old system from memory express. I have since bought a better monitor and upgraded my video card. If I want to upgrade to a bigger swivel (Portrait / landscape) monitor I can do so for a few hundred dollars, a 3d monitor would be under 700. (Can a mac even do 3d or swivel?) If i decide my machine is too slow I can upgrade just the motherboard and processor for a few hundred.

Most important - software. A mac is OK for graphics design or web browsing, but there isn't much available for other serious work. As an accountant I can't do a tax return or year end working paper file on a mac. My roommate develops serious decision support and oilfield reservoir simulation software in windows only. Yeah Mac has a version of office, but many working people need more than that.
 dannyboy64
Msg: 19 (view)

VIRUS WARNING
Posted: 3/26/2009 12:34:23 PM

What can we do to protect our computers?

3 years ago I had a virus, but haven't since I did the following:

I switched from whatever antivirus I was using at the time (Symantic??) to the free version of Avast!.

I switched my email from the default telus to GMAIL, which has built in virus and spam protection.

I almost never use Internet Explorer. Firefox, Opera and Chrome are much safer, faster and better.

I am a little more careful about the freeware stuff I download.

There are additional measures I could take, but so far this has worked fine.
 dannyboy64
Msg: 4 (view)

Mass emails!!
Posted: 3/19/2009 1:01:43 PM
I've yet to attend, but I appreciate the notification. Will come some time when it works out.

It would be nice if the 10 mile radius were bigger.
 dannyboy64
Msg: 22 (view)

The Goji juice debate
Posted: 3/16/2009 8:34:47 PM
One of our clients started selling it after it supposedly helped his wife. My business partner bought me a bottle in hopes it might help. It did nothing. I also tried the dried Gogi Berries from the health food store, they didn't help either.

I think there is an inverse relationship between the price and amount of marketing attached to a product and how much it will help. The stuff that works best is moderately priced. For immune system, try vitamin C and garlic. For cholesterol, use oatmeal and fish oil. To prevent the spread of STD's, eat half a bulb of raw garlic every day. javascript:smilie('')
 dannyboy64
Msg: 29 (view)

Dating after sobriety
Posted: 8/6/2008 2:29:36 PM
I possibly could, depending upon the situation. I've actually known some great people who have been former alcoholics or drug addicts and gotten clean through either AA, NA, or Christianity. It is, however, a slow process, and people are still pretty sick for the first year or two. If they deal with whatever life or emotional issues caused the addiction they can be more well than people who never had an addiction.

There is a difference between a user or person with a drug history and an addict. A person may smoke a joint once or twice a week and not be an addict. If it was in the past I would have no problem.

I think we do need to have a little understanding and compassion. Often people with addictions grew up in really dysfunctional families or had other contributing factors. Yeah, they made the bad choices themselves, but their situation greatly contributed to it.
 dannyboy64
Msg: 44 (view)

NEW FEATURE: Smarts - Options & General Discussion HERE
Posted: 5/26/2008 11:58:04 PM
A few random thoughts from my ADD brain:

The field should have a choice - college diploma. In Canada we really don't have associates degrees, but many people go to a college (not a university) and get a 2 year diploma.

There are also plenty of people who go to college and earn some type of trade certification: plumber, electrician, hairdresser, mechanic, etc. There are also plenty of valuable IT certifications that can be earned without a degree. There should be a choice labeled technical certification in the field.

It may also be good to put down some sort of professional designation, both with or without a degree. There are many Canadians who hold an accounting designation without a degree. It wasn't too long ago that an American could get a CPA certificate without a degree as well.

I do think that smarts and education are two different matters. I don't have a degree, yet I have spent plenty of time fixing mistakes that my coworkers with degrees have made. I wonder if University really teaches 'critical thinking' or just going along with the politically correct consensus and using APA to cite others research.

My university friends would write essays on "Northrop Frye - Accounting as a Metaphor" and study triple entry bookkeeping systems, while I stuck to the Income Tax Act and CICA Handbook. I may not have a degree, but I can write a note to a financial statement or spot potential tax and accounting issues as well as any university grad.

Lets also remember there are also different forms of intelligence. My ex girlfriend has very poor spelling and general knowledge, yet is extremely talented artistically.

Final thought: A degree does show a certain amount of "stick to it"ness (yeah, that's not a word) and as such is a measure of character. To me that is more important than intelligence.
 dannyboy64

What do people think the meaning of New Age & Metaphysics is ...
Posted: 5/17/2008 12:17:58 PM
I guess it is a group of beliefs that would be non traditional to most Europeans or North Americans.

Not my cup of tea, but for more information see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Age
http://www.religioustolerance.org/newage.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_Age_topics
 dannyboy64

Really Odd Emails
Posted: 5/4/2008 12:04:35 AM

One sentence cause it was one thought makes sense to me..

Hmm, strange. especially considering your profile says 'not single'. I suppose the fellow is somehow a little mixed up, and obviously very lonely. Have pity on the poor guy. Don't feel uneasy, because you are totally anonymous.
 dannyboy64
Msg: 36 (view)

OK I am gonna try this topic again.....walking home alone in the dark
Posted: 1/30/2008 2:26:55 PM
I always feel safe, but I am a man. I live downtown in the condos just north of the end of the Ctrain Line and do plenty of walking when it is warm enough. I do feel uncomfortable in some places. There are always a lot of unsavory characters gathered around 7th Ave and 8th street (the Macs and the CTrain station). There are always people asking for money everywhere between 17th and Kensington. If they are employable, I usually tell them to get a job or use humor to tell them no.

Here is my question - to what extent do both the unsavory types and the panhandlers make you ladies feel uncomfortable? Should the police crack down on these people? Would foot patrols make you ladies feel safer?
 dannyboy64
Msg: 22 (view)

For the Love of English...
Posted: 1/11/2008 5:54:40 PM
Back in the 80's I had an English professor that said that if enough people spell a word wrong long enough that becomes a correct spelling. Nonetheless, adding numbers to words is perhaps a little much.

A little off topic, but here goes:

The thing that really gets me is the people who put on their profile that they are intelligent or looking for someone intelligent and spell every second word wrong. A dating profile is like a resume, only it could lead to something lifelong and more important than a job. Why wouldn't you want to present the best image possible?
 dannyboy64

sleep/cat naps
Posted: 1/11/2008 5:38:48 PM
Due to my sleep apnea I am always tired. I used to sometimes curl up on the couch for a nap.

The Doc actually gave me Ritalin. It helps a lot. Regular exercise also helps some.
 dannyboy64
Msg: 205 (view)

favorite love songs?
Posted: 1/11/2008 5:32:30 PM
Every little tear, by Paul Janz. It is sort of the way I think.

Every little tear you cry
Every little heartache in the night
You know I'll be there for you baby
I can't stop wanting you
Every little hurt you're hiding
Every single one you hold
Every little tear you're crying
 dannyboy64
Msg: 17 (view)

Calgary Cellular Service
Posted: 1/11/2008 5:20:42 PM
You might want to consider Telus prepaid. Last time I checked it was unlimited 6pm - 7 am and free weekends for $30 per month. Should you need it there is also after school calling from 3-5 pm weekdays for $10 a month. There is also pay and talk 35, which is $35 a month, but includes 100 text messages and a 10 voicemessage inbox, pay and talk 40 which also includes unlimited incoming local calls.

Because there is no system access fee, call display and 3 message voice mail is included it can be significantly cheaper than other options.

The service is pretty good.

The only downside is there isn't a bundle that comes with x many free minutes or long distance minutes. For long distance a prepaid cell card is good. You can program it into your address book, then dial it, and then enter the long distance number.

There isn't a lot of selection for phone kits, but at least they are cheap and include a $50 prepaid credit. When I signed up you also got a $25 credit for activating your phone online. If you shop carefully, you can actually get the phone for less than free once you include those credits. This means if you don't like it, you can switch in a few months, and it really didn't cost you anything. Check out Future Shop and London drugs online....

They phoned me and convinced me to convert to a plan, giving me a $150 credit. I was recently shopping for a pda/phone and I understand that with my existing plan I would get a credit of $150 if I bought a new PDA.

Hope this helps.
 dannyboy64

Online Photo Storage
Posted: 12/16/2007 11:08:50 PM
I use both facebook and google/picassa.

Facebook is where I collect my friends, so it is easy for them to see them. The thing I don't like about facebook, however, is that the pics are so darn small. I figure many of my pics are meant to be shown in all their full size glory. Each of my facebook pics has a link to the full size shot on google.

I haven't put many of my shots up there yet, but if you see my seattle shots I think you will understand why I want them to show at full resolution.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=19643&l=e599d&id=662882540 . I hope to put my Glacier Montana and Canadian hiking shots up next.

Feel free to borrow my method of displaying the full size shots.
 dannyboy64
Msg: 8 (view)

Universal Healthcare in Canada
Posted: 9/6/2007 12:07:38 AM
In urban centres in Canada the wait times at Emergency wards can be drastic. My ex girlfriend, after waiting over 6 hours passed out and was finally seen.

We still have to pay for our own medications at home. There are some medications, like Lexapro that the government doesn't pay for even in the hospital.

The standards for some lab tests are much higher in the US. In the US they order more thyroid tests, for example.
 dannyboy64

Different fitness standards?
Posted: 9/5/2007 11:50:23 PM
We have to be fair to the person in the burning building, not the person who isn't able to meet the fitness standard. That goes for any job - it is more important to hire people who can do the job than the meet some liberal's employment equity quota. (I'm Aboriginal, so I am allowed to say that.) That goes in any field. I know my accounting firm should not lower our standards so we can hire dylexics.

I'm not sure about having different standards for men vs women. Most women can't lift as much weight as men, but I don't know enough about firefighting to know to what degree that is an issue, or if there are other areas they can excel in.

For police, I think they should have different standards for different areas. The beat cop needs physical fitness and assertivness, but officers that deal with commercial and online crime need a combination of intelligence, experience and training in those areas. I would make the best commercial crime investigator, but I have the body of an accountant.
 dannyboy64
Msg: 18 (view)

LAPTOP shopping
Posted: 8/19/2007 8:26:00 AM
Probably too late, but I've got a few points. Excuse my ADD ramblings...

Personally I think buying a laptop to get rid of a few wires isn't a good idea. Having to use a laptop keyboard and mouse and stare into a small little laptop screen is a lot worse than having a few wires. You will still need to hook up wires for power and your printer. Add that to the fact that laptops are more expensive for the same power as desktops, and probably can't be fixed as fast.

If money is no object a Mac is a good idea. My roommate has one and has it set up so it can choose if it boots to the Mac OS or to windoze.

Personally our firm has always had good experiences with Memory Express. I bought my computer there because i wanted something fast and that i could get fixed cheap and quick if a problem. If i want a faster computer i can easily replace the processor or motherboard as well. If you want speed or the latest technology they are they way to go.

If you don't want to spend much money dell is great. $499 for a dual core laptop. Plus, they often get new technology months before the other guys. They had core 2 duo laptops months before everyone else, and didn't jack up the price. They also give you a choice of Vista or XP.

XP or vista? If you are going to use your old software make sure it works with Vista.

Most extended warranties are a bit of a ripoff, but I don't mind the ones from Dell or Memory express. Both are cheaper than the "sphincter shop" warranty, and will allow you to get your machine fixed the next day or so, rather than waiting months.

Finally, if you are going to use wireless, be sure to set up the security, otherwise your neighbors will be using your internet for free, slowing down your connection.
 dannyboy64
Msg: 10 (view)

Bargain Hunting and Good Deals
Posted: 5/16/2007 2:35:09 PM

I did a test and found that even though their gas is around 5% cheaper, when I use it my milage drops 10% (compare to Esso or Shell)

Thanks for figuring that out. I had my suspicions.
 dannyboy64
Msg: 1 (view)

Tip:Dealing with annoying autodialers
Posted: 5/12/2007 10:57:40 AM
Just figured out how to do this. Sometimes we get these annoying autodialers that call us up. In my case it is a collection agency for a debt I do not owe.

The best revenge or way to get them to stop is to tie up their autodialer in a loop that will play the message for hours. Many of these messages allow you to press zero to repeat the message. Instead of pressing zero on the keypad, the tone for zero will also restart the message. You can get the tone from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DTMF, and just set your audio player to repeat. Plug an earphone into your computer speaker, and set it by your telephone's mike. (That way, the tone is quieter.)

Of course, it ties up my phone, but people can always leave messages in my voicemail. I figure if the company realizes every time they call you they are disabling their autodialer, they will be more prone to listen to your request not to call.

Hmm, hope the Libs and NDP use autodialers next election.
 dannyboy64

Bargain Hunting and Good Deals
Posted: 5/12/2007 10:16:26 AM
Audio stuff: Try Soundsaround. I bought my ex gf a home theatre system. The system I bought there was $330, but was $500 at future shop. Spinctershop would not match their price, contrary to what they advertise.

When it came to big screen tv, there wasnt much of a price differential, but apparently they will deliver it and set it up for you. Halfway through setting up a plasma I understood the value of that.

Staples and Rona will not only match the competitors price, but beat it by a full 10%. Shop around, find the cheapest price and they will beat it by 10%.
 dannyboy64

SONGS FOR BOSSESS ......x BOSSES
Posted: 4/30/2007 11:17:12 AM
Working On It by Chris Rea

Oh
how I'd love it
girl
just you and me

Take the day and fly.
But oh
this job it's got the best of me

Tell you why
tell you why:

Somebody above is in a desperate state

Some kind of urgency
the kind that won't wait.
I say: Tomorrow. He say: today.
And the man in my head
well
he tell me: No way. - Keep working.

I got eight little fingers and only two thumbs

Will you leave me in peace while I get the job done?
Can't you see i'm working?
Oh
oh
I'm working on it
oh
oh
I'm working on it.

Well
they're coming from above me and they're coming from below.
Yeah
they're in there right behind me
everywhere that I go.
And my buddy
he's screaming down the telephone line

He said: Gimme
gimme
gimme! I say: I ain't got no time.
Oh
oh can't you see I'm working on it?
OH
oh
I'm working on it
yeah
yeah
oh
tell them.

How I'd love it
girl
just you and me

Well they're coming from above me and they're coming from below. ...
 dannyboy64
Msg: 15 (view)

The Secret
Posted: 4/30/2007 1:18:18 AM
I've seen it but wasn't that impressed. I guess I am a skeptic and need a double blind placebo controlled study for everything.

The basis of the movie is the law of attraction - that you get what you think about, and that you should ask the universe for what you want.

You do tend to get what you think about, but it is not because of a magical formula. If you focus on one particular goal you will tend to take action leading towards it. You will also involve your reticular activating system as many self help authors describe, and will be more prone to spot the opportunities.

Asking the universe for what you want tends to be a little 'out there' for me.

I think a person is better to read books like 'The power of focus' or 'Seven habits of highly effective people'
 dannyboy64

Re: Guys on POF
Posted: 4/19/2007 12:32:03 AM
If the features on POF make it easy to spot a guy whose online activities you don't like, then that makes POF a better place to find someone.

It may be good to look at this through the lens of statistics. A guy who is a player may message 5 women a nite, a guy who is more shy will message or email a lot less. Thus, the proportion of players in the men who contact you will be a lot higher than in the population of men in general. The player thinks "If I have 10 different women on the go, I will get lucky with one of them"

Guys who are not players avoid player-like behavior, so they don't message as much. Sometimes we may ask "Am I going to make this woman feel uncomfortable if I message her, especially if she is younger or hotter?" The player doesn't care about those things.

Thus, it may be best if you contact the guys who don't contact you first.
 dannyboy64
Msg: 13 (view)

Guitar Hero 2
Posted: 4/19/2007 12:14:00 AM
I am completely non musical (If that is a word). Is it still something I can do, or should I stick to the shooting/driving/flying games and Future Pinball?
 dannyboy64

Christian Dating in church groups vs. online dating
Posted: 4/15/2007 2:40:43 PM
I have never observed men that you talk about ask women out from churches. If they do so maybe they do it on the side??

Some guys are realy funny to watch, you know what they are there for. The pastors try to say this is not a dating club, but some men think with the wrong head. They don't print a phone directory because some would misuse it to phone up every woman on the list.

Sounds like a paradox to me......church isn't suppose to be a dating service but then the single moms will say that none of the guys ask them out. Well how can they ask them out since dating isn't encouraged?

You got it, it is a paradox. But most women don't want to be single all their lives. I guess the idea is to use balance and make sure you are keeping it a safe place. How do you balance that with the 'Wild at Heart' kind of guy. Life is full of paradoxes.

If I ask out 10 women a month, there is nothing special about the next one I ask out.
 dannyboy64

when you are a single person and have to change a light bulb
Posted: 4/15/2007 2:24:25 PM
Ironing, but it would not be appropriate to ask. If I go our with a shirt not ironed people know I am single and straignt, or I can get them cleaned at the dry cleaners.

With the pickle jar, it is the vaccum that holds it shut. Use one of those metal thingeys with the triangle on the end you use to put a hole in the top of a can sou you can pour. Put the tip under the edge of the lid, with the back of the triange against the glass. Push in, the lid will be bent and the air will rush in breaking the vaccum.
 dannyboy64

Too Good To Be True...
Posted: 4/15/2007 2:08:10 PM
Once, but I'd be concerned they were stolen. If I want inexpensive audio I just go to soundsaround When I bought a cheapie home theatre for my exgf it was 2/3 the price the Sphinctershop.
 dannyboy64

Snoring!!
Posted: 4/15/2007 2:25:33 AM
I agree with Ooli Ooop about the sleep apnea thing. Most sufferers are very bad snorers. I know I was. The CPAP machine or surgery will fix the problem and you will have more energy.

Google the subject for more info.
 dannyboy64
Msg: 2 (view)

Bizzare and hilarious church stories
Posted: 4/14/2007 1:03:33 PM
Second story

We had a recent convert speak at our youth group. Part of his testimony went this way:

The other way I was having a few beers and meditating on the Word. The devil came to me and said 'Your Drunk, you hypocrite'. I responded to him that 'No I am not, there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Get thee behind me.'

Hmm.....
 dannyboy64
Msg: 1 (view)

Bizzare and hilarious church stories
Posted: 4/14/2007 1:00:24 PM
Figured I'd start this thread because I have so many. I'm not asking for stories about the time the youth pastor got your sister pregnant, or the bruises on the pastor's kids, just ones that are weird. I used to go to a Victory church so I have too many examples. Throw in the fact that I am from Lethbridge and it just gets worse.

Here is a starter story:

Our youth group drove to Saskatoon to attend a youth conference at a very charismatic and faith based church. Generally, it was a good time, however one afternoon I noticed everyone was vomiting. Not wanting to be out of place I joined in the festivities. Several members from our group were taken to the church for food poisoning.

A few months later I was talking to someon from that church. What happened is that they were making spagetti and some of the hamburger was bad. The volunteers, who were great in faith, figured they could just pray over the bad meat and it would be safe. Of course the Bible says you can drink any deadly poison, not eat it.
 dannyboy64

Christian Dating in church groups vs. online dating
Posted: 4/14/2007 12:50:30 PM
Sweet Treat, you hit the nail on the head.

Here are some semi-related random thoughts in my typical ADD style:

Some people sadly believe that God will send the perfect person their way. Thus they don't date untill they give up on that idea. I could elaborate, but if one of the guilty parties reads it they would be offended.

The guys who come into the group and ask out all the women are looked down on. Rightly so, often they are more annoying than a room full of amway reps. We all want to avoid looking that way.

I have been in (more Charismaniac) churches where the leadership really encouraged dating and marriage. More divorces as often it just wasn't a good idea.

In a tight church group you know your dirty laundry will be strewn all over the pews.

My single mom friends tell me amost no guys in the church ask them out. Sad, the one in particular is the least shallow person I know. Too often we Christian men want a woman who is pure, yet in our hearts often we aren't. I think we should look on a single mom as a great opportunity to be a blessing.
 dannyboy64
Msg: 21 (view)

How I was asked not to return my church...
Posted: 4/14/2007 5:42:15 AM
Thunder,

Could you have hung out with us Lamanites ?javascript:smilie('')
 dannyboy64
Msg: 2 (view)

my horrible yet humorous story
Posted: 4/14/2007 5:37:30 AM
My funeral story is not quite as good, but I will give it a try.

About 12 years ago we attended a client's fathers funeral. The family was very respectable and about as close to old money as you could find in southern Alberta. I was sitting there looking through the little brochure in front of me. It had a list of all the employees and their job descriptions. One young lady was listed as 'Receptionist/Embalmer'. That just got me, could not stop laughing throughout the entire funeral.

Dan
 dannyboy64

can u help me
Posted: 4/14/2007 4:52:28 AM
So, umm, can you put some sort of sandpaper or otherwise abrasive material 'inside of yourself'

Leave him, and he will get what he deserves. Chances are if he is the type of guy to cheat, the girls he will date will be more apt to cheat on him. Either that or somewhere down the road his future ex wife will get everything in the divorce.
 dannyboy64

Would you want to know?
Posted: 4/14/2007 4:47:24 AM
Yeah, its nice and builds your confidence.
 dannyboy64
Msg: 10 (view)

Alberta Health Care Sucks the big one.....
Posted: 4/13/2007 9:52:15 PM
Perhaps a health professional could elaborate further, but I had wondered if my tiredness was due to a tyroid condition. I did quite a bit of research at the time, but I forget the exact details. Anyway, here is a summary:

In Canada we do a smaller amount of thyroid tests than they do in the US. Most American websites will say that the limited number of tests we do are not sufficient.

My Chiropractor friend practiced for a year or so in the US. He told me that he would order more thyroid tests for his patients than our Canadian doctors order now.

If I am not mistakes (which is possible), American doctors were ordering tests for LDL and HDL cholesterol for a few years before our Canadian doctors were.

If there is a moral to the story, not that I am one to understand medicine, it is that we have been trying to minimize our costs too much when it comes to testing.
 dannyboy64
Msg: 46 (view)

aboriginal racism....still happening today?
Posted: 4/12/2007 7:44:30 PM
One of my friend used the term Prairie N**ger once. It was because a common friend had been knifed to death by a group of aboriginal thugs.

I like the approach taken by Jarome Iginla in his GQ interview. He is the anti-Sharpton and has created the best stereotype of an Afro Canadian.

Again, we are the ones who can best change what the public thinks of us by our actions. People in my home community respected the Japenese because they are the most respectable and industrious people around. We could learn a thing or two from them.
 dannyboy64
Msg: 63 (view)

sense of humor
Posted: 4/12/2007 7:17:33 PM
My last girlfriend was 'hot' but didn't have much of a sense of humor. She was the one that asked me out. I got to be a great guy to her, but something was missing.

I guess it is easier to fall in love with a woman who has a sense of humor. Something about it stimulates something inside of me. That is what I want. Physical attraction is great for us shallow guys, but someone fun is ..... FUN!
 dannyboy64

Alberta Health Care Sucks the big one.....
Posted: 4/12/2007 7:09:02 PM
Another story.

I took my ex girlfriend to the Peter Lougheed Emergency because of work related ulcers. After six hours of waiting she passed out and they finally moved her up the list.

In the end her ulcers were fixed and she was moved to a better supervisor at work. I just don't think people should have to pass out in order to get attention.

Show ALL Forums