Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: PALM SPRINGS THURSDAY NIGHT FEVER! THURSDAY, JULY 19 - PURPLE ROOM @ CLUB TRINIDAD
 ShrpndTrvlr
Msg: 4 (view)

PALM SPRINGS THURSDAY NIGHT FEVER! THURSDAY, JULY 19 - PURPLE ROOM @ CLUB TRINIDAD
Posted: 7/18/2012 12:53:57 PM
Honee:

Sorry I won't be able to make it this time. I have a family obligation in Orange County that conflicts. I am planning now to make the next one.
 ShrpndTrvlr
Msg: 9 (view)

Tagging
Posted: 5/17/2012 10:51:39 AM
Actually you are dead wrong. It is not the schools that teaches these kids to behave this way. It is their homes. You were on to that when you commented that they think they are indigenous and have a right to "express" themselves. Most schools are frustrated with these kids where English is a second language making it very hard to teach them and the lack of involvement of the parents who often have only grade school level capacity themselves.
 irishnature
Msg: 7 (view)

I'm not sure if I did the right thing???
Posted: 3/26/2009 11:53:01 PM
I have no idea where you are or were when this happened but in my state you could have been arrested. It is against the law to hit someone unless you are defending yourself. By your story you were only avenging the woman or more likely something in your head. Not saying feeling angry about what you witnessed is bad just that you must channel that anger. Yes, call the cops. Offer the woman protection. But the truth is most police, even ,are injured on domestic violence calls.
 irishnature
Msg: 27 (view)

Should I expect a thank you after paying for the meal, etc.?
Posted: 3/4/2009 12:05:50 AM
If they don't have the heart and warmth to say thank you for buying dinner "kick em to the curb". as the saying goes. Not literally of course but do you really want to spend your life with someone who does not appreciate you? As a therapist said to me " to feed someone is to love them". First dates notwithstanding, We only owe are dependent children food and care without consideration. No even first dates don't count - women are liberated and equal. All adults should show appreciation for gifts.
 irishnature
Msg: 9 (view)

What happened?
Posted: 3/3/2009 11:59:34 PM
[qoute]ou pretty much had a promise of a fun second date and you blew it. --Jerry

Not so sure about that. What he had was this thing called "come here - go away". It's a function of attraction/uncertainty. Outmind pretty much outlined the antidote which is "come here - go away" in behavior by the man. Paying attention and then letting go. It builds trust and is an essential process in all relationships. So the second date may have worked out with her succumbing or ravishing him but by his description I think she has a very strong uncertainty combined with a very strong need (her comments and undressing without a thought) and suspect she would just turn into what they call a drama queen "but do you really love me?" In the end it likely would have looked like this: until they got so tired they both would have gone
 irishnature
Msg: 76 (view)

What do you make of a man who disappears then reappears?
Posted: 3/2/2009 12:17:08 AM
I think he has a great future in magic. Become his agent and book him. Pocket the money. Magic. Poof, he's gone. Poof, he's back.
 irishnature
Msg: 26 (view)

wow rejection after one date
Posted: 3/1/2009 10:06:17 AM
afshionlady

Well said. Thank you.
 irishnature
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 3/1/2009 1:07:44 AM

Sumo throws lots of weight around. Unfortunately weight is not the glue of love. And while it may be true that a better profile will weed out potential rejects for her life is neer so simple me lad or as Mum always said "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar". Just in case - that last was directed at you sumo.

Ironic that you throw that at me.

BTW, Mensa reject, did you notice I was responding to a shot at me? Define that as throwing my weight around? LMAO There are some wimps here. Thanks for introducing me to another. And a mamma's boy too.

Thank you kindly for supporting my observation. And please try to keep up. I was not referring to your response to sunnybunny60 but to your post at 11:57:03 Obviously I struck a nerve. You might want to have a look at it.
 irishnature
Msg: 104 (view)

Why do men want to meet after a 3 minute conversation?
Posted: 3/1/2009 12:44:53 AM
"JChickie401 that's funny,I had a lady suggest in jest that maybe we should drive past each other in a parking lot of Starbucks at like 3mph in opposite directions,driver windows facing each other ,and if we liked each other stop or if not,hit the gas.We met same day,after a great 20 minute phone call,we had a coffee for an hour then walked 100 feet over to the theater and saw a movie,then thanked each other and mutually decided there was no love connection....pretty simple huh,no one got hurt."

No on got hurt cause you didn't multi-task. Drive by each other at the drive in movie, while drinking coffee, while you were still talking on the phone.
 irishnature
Msg: 14 (view)

Flirting and touching with women on dates
Posted: 3/1/2009 12:35:57 AM
Let me make this real simple for you. You will know when she wants you to touch her. Other than that don't. When it's the right time for you to touch her it will have been too long for her. Do you hear me? Ok. It's like riding a bike. If you have to think about how to do it you are just awkward about it. Women hate awkward. I know. I know. They want us to be vulnerable which is of course always awkward. But they don't want us to be awkward about touching them. Just shy. So it's two things at once. So all you can do is forget about it and pay attention to her (and you). Just see if you enjoy her company and be friendly. That's what flirting is. When it's right you'll notice that she is a little too close - and you want to touch her. Don't. Or do. There is no rule. But when that awareness is recognized it's always OK to ask. Cause sometimes you do misread the signal or truth be known she's too scared of it herself. Go in peace. In no time you'll be riding the bike.
 irishnature
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 3/1/2009 12:05:46 AM
Sumo throws lots of weight around. Unfortunately weight is not the glue of love. And while it may be true that a better profile will weed out potential rejects for her life is neer so simple me lad or as Mum always said "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar". Just in case - that last was directed at you sumo.

Show ALL Forums