Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: short women/tall men
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 242 (view)

short women/tall men
Posted: 3/15/2010 8:56:15 PM
Im 5 ft & Ive tried both...the short men & the tall men and it doesnt affect me one way or another because its the person inside, what counts. My only problem is the fact that being 5 ft can sometimes be a real handicap...its very hard to reach certain things...thats when I head for my step-stool, lol!
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 2 (view)

Southern
Posted: 2/11/2009 10:18:47 PM
Here's a few more...

Diamonds are nice, so are Pearls but
there ain't nothin' like...A MISSISSIPPI GIRL!

G.R.I.T.S...Girls Raised In The South!

Can't nothin' rock your world,
like a SOUTHERN BELLE GIRL!
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 26 (view)

Philosophy Question: Would you rather be famous or rich?
Posted: 11/6/2008 1:53:59 PM
Sticking with the two choices at hand...I'd prefer to be rich, rather than famous.
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 10 (view)

Watch out for this MAN
Posted: 9/18/2008 9:53:46 AM
...they walk among us.
 abrethoffreshair

The new Discovery Channel Commercial
Posted: 9/18/2008 9:37:28 AM
Great commercial, indeed!

To me the best parts were 0:28 with Mike Rowe (love his show!), 0:38 where the guy fires a grenade launcher at the building & the roof literally LIFTS OFF as he puts a great deal of emphasis on the word BOOM(-de-yada) & 0:54 with the parachute guy falling into the pit of doom(mighty brave guy!).
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 24 (view)

Why ask you out then cancel the day of?
Posted: 5/12/2008 9:27:54 PM
Yeah...I had a guy to ask me out & then cancel the day of once...turned out I was glad he did. I found his photo & info on the local sex offender website. What a relief that was! WHEW!

(...so that can be a good thing, too. Yaye!)
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 49 (view)

liars
Posted: 5/12/2008 9:15:53 PM
The usual conversation is about him and I mean all about him, I, me, I, me, I, me. lol.

...sorta reminds me of that song by Toby Keith..."You, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you...I Wanna Talk About ME"!
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 31 (view)

Kick in the balls?
Posted: 5/12/2008 9:01:36 PM
Sorry, I can't help you out here...I've never done that before.
 abrethoffreshair

Is The Zyrtec Girl Ugly Or Is It Just Me?
Posted: 4/24/2008 12:57:47 PM
^^^ I agree with you there, TradurGirl... when a commercial comes on, I go surfing.

A few Zyrtec commercials below:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=zyrtec+commercial&search_type=
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 33 (view)

would you date a man who doesn't want any kids?
Posted: 4/11/2008 8:22:55 AM
Seeing as I am past that stage of my life & into grandchildren now (I currently have 2 grandsons)...it wouldn't bother me at all.
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 16 (view)

Can you 2-step? If not why not?
Posted: 4/11/2008 7:57:09 AM
Yeppers...I can two step...& Waltz & do the Shuffle, the Cotton-Eyed Joe, Electric-slide, line dance & it is LOADS of fun!

The only problem is finding guys that know how to do all this, too.
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 5 (view)

Swallowing Gum...
Posted: 4/11/2008 7:37:03 AM
You so funny byrd...you quack me up!

Here's what the experts say...

"Although chewing gum is designed to be chewed and not swallowed, it isn't harmful if swallowed. An old wives' tale suggests that swallowed gum sits in your stomach for seven years before it can be digested...but this isn't true. If you swallow gum, it's true that your body can't digest it but the gum doesn't sit in your stomach. It progresses relatively intact through your digestive system and out the other end."
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 9 (view)

Jealousy Question
Posted: 2/26/2008 2:19:02 PM
Well dang...just how many of these 'guy-friends' does she happen to have???
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 62 (view)

Out of the mouth of babes......
Posted: 2/13/2008 7:34:08 PM
Aw heck, my son is 30 years old & he "hodes" me every chance he gets. lol

I do the same to him, too.

Everytime we speak to each other over the phone, he tells me he loves me before he hangs up & that's always the last thing he says to me. Doesn't matter if we speak to each other 6 times a day...he's gonna say the same thing, the same way. He doesn't care where he's at, who's around & who hears him, either.

When he comes to the house, the first thing he does when he gets out of his truck is come to wherever I'm at & he hugs my neck, then he tells me he loves me...he does the same thing upon leaving too. When I go to his house, the same happens.

His little 5 & 6 year old boys (my grandsons) are the most awesome...they RACE to get to me to get that hug & then they voluntarily tell me they love me. They always do the same upon leaving, also.

Most of the time, I get the chance to tell them I love them before they do me...but it's not very often.
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 25 (view)

Tattoo's and Harley's why do they scare most women?
Posted: 1/28/2008 5:30:47 PM
Neither of them scare me...I have 4 tattoos & have dated many Harley guys over the years & yes...when they asked me if I wanted to go for a ride, they didn't have to ask me twice before I was ready to go. I think it's wonderful all the charities the Harley riders ride for...they are very unique & caring people.
 abrethoffreshair

Women: Would you continue to date him if...
Posted: 1/28/2008 12:27:24 PM

Crass of him to mention other women, even if he's seeing them casually.

I agree with you CassaGo...you GO girl!
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 35 (view)

Why do divorced women have so many dogs?
Posted: 1/26/2008 8:13:57 PM
Wow...I'm divorced & I don't have any dogs OR cats, in fact I have no animals at all...and I like it this way.
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 21 (view)

Hypothetical Scenario..What if the sun went out..
Posted: 1/24/2008 6:03:33 PM
I'd run out to the back yard and strike a pose! This way, the future generation of archaeological being would conclude that we were somewhat of an amusing sort.

LMAO! That was a good one, SaintlyExpression! (...my sides are hurting!)

Seriously though...we'd be in the dark, so daylight savings would go out the window!
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 32 (view)

Your date and her unruley kid
Posted: 1/22/2008 12:55:01 PM
Personally I think both of you were at fault here.
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 133 (view)

Men who like you to chase them
Posted: 1/17/2008 3:08:27 PM
Hey! Here's an idea...why don't we ALL just chase each other around the fish pond!

abrethoffreshair

What cracks you up?????
Posted: 1/17/2008 6:36:41 AM
...my little 5 & 6 year old grandsons...I laugh so hard with them until I simply have to sit down in order to handle some of the things they can come up with!
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 18 (view)

Cheated on but still trying to make it work
Posted: 1/12/2008 9:21:10 AM
WELL SAID!...*carpe diem*!
 abrethoffreshair

Posted: 1/12/2008 9:14:51 AM

I beg to differ. Counceling is what you both need . Get it now...It could save your rlationship which is important since you have a child together.

OP, counseling is NOT what you both need. It's quite obvious that he's not going to stop, now...or EVER...this is plain to see (he's proved that to you 5 times, now!). My ex cheated on me the first time & we went to counseling. It did not help because he cheated on me the 2nd time with a different woman (I caught them in bed together the 2nd time!). We split up & I found out through his daughter that he cheated on the one he cheated on me with, they split & then he cheated with yet another woman. So you see...this is why I say, counseling will not help. He is determined to cheat on you...regardless.

Get yourself off this site and get that counceling.. You come first because without you your child would not survive nor be happy... Your child comes equal to you. Everything after that you priorotise as you think... Your relationship with your childs father or with another. What would make you truelly happy. An unhappy mummy= an unhappy baby.. Take care of you.Priorotise your child. Everything after that is down to you.

Op...OMG! Forget the counseling! Do what you KNOW to be the right thing...that being...dump this cheater & get on with your life. To try & salvage this is futile...the only useful purpose it could possibly serve is to cause you more pain & grief.

Isn't it obvious from the responses in this thread what should be done???
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 1/10/2008 9:29:11 AM

He had suggested couples counseling the day after I found out.
What I am wondering is if its worth the trouble?

No...it's not & counseling will not help. All the counseling in the world will not help this guy stop cheating. He is bound & determined to continue his cheating...regardless. He's already proven that to you...5 times.

but how do I get past this and make the relationship work?

Why on earth would you want this to work?
So he can dump on you a 6th time (& more)???

IS there any hope or should I just get out now?

Nope...no hope at all & I believe you should've gotten out long before now.

How do I deal with the pain of leaving him?

Go get yourself another one...he'll help you to forget about the cheater.

Good luck!
 abrethoffreshair

Sex on Mars.....
Posted: 1/6/2008 7:13:09 PM
OMG! That was a GOOD one!

GOOD JOB!
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 18 (view)

Ever Get Things You Don't Want For Christmas?
Posted: 1/6/2008 6:53:12 PM
Yes, well I've received some pretty useless gifts over the years but I've also received some pretty awesome gifts, too...one must take the good with the bad. Chances are it's bound to happen eventually.
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 25 (view)

what does this mean?
Posted: 12/15/2007 6:46:41 PM
Boisegoodbadboy...you're welcome, darlin'!
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 6 (view)

Win2kPro, will it work on a new blanked computer?
Posted: 12/15/2007 6:40:12 PM
Nicely put, thrums! You're my man!
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 19 (view)

what does this mean?
Posted: 12/15/2007 6:24:00 AM
OP...are you blind? This jerk is playing games with you...DUMP HIM & move on!

TombstoneTom She didn't sleep with him so how would he know her credits in bed?

TombstoneTom...at times I swear you men have brains out of left field somewhere!
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 140 (view)

Guys in supermarkets......
Posted: 12/14/2007 10:44:26 PM
Sorry Lee but I'm not checkin' out what the guy has in his trollie...

I'm too busy checkin' out the guy!
 abrethoffreshair

Didn't know my husband was a woman.
Posted: 12/10/2007 5:03:22 PM
Thank you, darlin'!
 abrethoffreshair

Didn't know my husband was a woman.
Posted: 12/10/2007 4:44:59 PM
...what an idiot!
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 30 (view)

Do people care less ?????????
Posted: 12/2/2007 5:23:42 PM

Now adays it seems like we are into just giving up ,calling it quits
at the first time a problem ,misunderstanding..what ever you want to call it.

Do people care less ?

Yes, I believe people care less nowadays.

It's all about the ME! ME! ME! thingy, now.
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 72 (view)

why do men make fun of a girl with an accent?
Posted: 12/2/2007 7:34:56 AM
OP, they aren't making fun of you. Your accent appeals to them & they are attracted to it. Stop worrying about it...just enjoy it.
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 29 (view)

when did women get so stuck up
Posted: 12/2/2007 7:07:46 AM

I hold the door open for a couple reasons...

1. I am a nice guy...

2. It lets me walk behind her admiring her ass...

LMAO!
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 14 (view)

shoe size?
Posted: 11/12/2007 4:05:57 PM
My shoe size was a size 5 in high school 33 years ago & right today, my shoe size is STILL a size 5...that's the size it's been all my life.
 abrethoffreshair

Women, you haven't figured us men out yet...........
Posted: 11/10/2007 8:45:46 AM

With an attitude like that, you are not going to get what you want.
Good luck in finding a woman who is willing to let you call all the shots.

DITTO!
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 46 (view)

Have you dated someone with the same name as an ex?
Posted: 11/10/2007 6:19:23 AM
I have a tendency to end up dating guys with the common names of Joe, David, Mike, Gary, John, Larry, Kennny (or Ken) & James...I don't pick 'em...they pick me. No, it doesn't put me off, one gets use to running into that after awhile anyhow.

Funny thing about that is when I meet up with another Joe, David, Mike, etc...the previous Joe, David, Mike, etc's never enter my mind. Obviously they didn't make a good enough impression...otherwise I wouldn't forget 'em so easily.
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 12 (view)

When your Ex declares his LOVE for you again.
Posted: 11/8/2007 6:33:02 PM
...they don't make enough money in the world for
me to take THAT a$$hole back again!
 abrethoffreshair

LOOK UP YOUR BIRTHDAY AND SEE WHAT YOU ARE
Posted: 11/8/2007 11:10:31 AM
March 23rd...I'm a slug!

Slug: Always up to some sort of a mischief! The mischievous gleam in your eyes is what makes you so cute and attractive to everyone. You are an extremely fun-to-be-with kind of person. No wonder people seek for your company and look forward to include you for all get-together's. However, you are sensitive which is a drawback. People need to select their words while talking to you. If someone tries to fiddle around and play with words while dealing with you, it is enough to invite your wrath. God bless the person then!
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 41 (view)

what would you save first?
Posted: 11/8/2007 9:29:38 AM
My smoke alarm kept going off anywhere from 12 midnight to 4a.m. I replaced the batteries, had it checked out & they still couldn't find anything wrong with it. Finally, after about 2 weeks of this, it went off at 2:45a.m., again. I sleepily went into the laundry room & grabbed the hammer. I went back into the living room, climbed up on the back of the sofa & banged the HECK out of that thing until it finally shut up, then we all went back to bed. The next day I came home with a new one...solved THAT problem!

I just had to share that with you, lol!
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 27 (view)

Have you been alone for so long that you actually have fun on your own?
Posted: 11/8/2007 8:58:22 AM
It has it's advantages but it also has it's disadvantages, too.

It's up to the individual as to which one they prefer the most.

Personally, I am happy either way...I can/have adjust(ed) to both.
 abrethoffreshair

At what age do females loss there sex drive???????
Posted: 10/30/2007 2:39:27 PM
I wasn't aware that we do...hmmm...we learn something new everyday. The older I get, the stronger mine gets...God forbid should I ever lose that...I think I'd be ready to lay down & die if/when that occurs. Just go ahead & shoot me because life won't be worth living then!
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 11 (view)

What would you do if your best friends SO made a pass at you?
Posted: 10/30/2007 1:49:44 PM

Now if one of my friend's SO hits on me... i back away and say nothing. Sometimes you just have to find out that shit on your own.

I agree with you there mr. dynomite...it doesn't pay to tell them. I've been in the same type of situation...I told the girl what her SO did & I got the same results as you. From now on when it happens, I just set the guy straight & never say a word to the girl. I've learned through experience that they're not going to believe us anyway & it's only going to pi$$ them off, so why bother??? I figure it's better they find that out on their own, after all...it WILL eventually surface.

Nothing good ever came to the person that told.

and I agree with you, also becca210...even though we have their best interest at heart & feel they need to know, I too can't see any really good purpose it serves to tell them. In fact, when we DO...it backfires on us & then WE are labeled as the bad person...real bummer.
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 32 (view)

To love and to lose
Posted: 10/10/2007 7:49:01 AM
While it can be extremely devastating to love & lose, I must say that to have never experienced it means you are not only missing out on something that is a part of the cycle of life but more importantly, something that would become a much greater blessing in the end. In my case, the only good thing to have come out my 12 year marriage was...my son...so yes...it was worth it, indeed!
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 6 (view)

Guys who are just friends........
Posted: 10/9/2007 9:06:17 AM
^^^^^^^^ I will have to agree with you there, Thrums...he HAS treated her badly!

OP, while I do not agree with his dumping you like that, my advice to you is to just hang in there with him. In the end, you will prove to be a better friend to him than he is/has been to you. Seeing as this girl only has time for your friend at her convenience, chances are that when she dumps on him, you will be there to help your friend pick up the pieces, he will see where he made his mistake with you...& he will regret it. Until then, I would back off for now. In time, he will come back around...you can depend on it.

Personally, I believe that we can have friends of the opposite sex & still have a significant other, also. I have a close friend of the opposite sex, whom I have been friends with for 22 years. Over the years, we have been there for each other through alot of things. My ex was jealous of him at first but when he seen that we were indeed close friends, he understood & the jealousy stopped. I also have a very close online friend of the opposite sex. We email, chat & are there for each other, we always will be & we know that. It is good to have friends. It shouldn't matter that they happen to be of the opposite sex, that shouldn't even enter into the picture. It does exist.
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 36 (view)

Horrible Commercials...
Posted: 10/8/2007 9:25:43 AM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned those Travelocity commercials with that idiot gnome...or the Priceline hotel commercials with...gasp!...William Shatner...stupid & very irritating!

IMHO...commercials are for channel surfing anyhow, unless I'm watching a channel that doesn't have commercials (like HBO, etc.) or another movie/program at the same time.
 abrethoffreshair

The BEST reason to leave POF...
Posted: 10/8/2007 8:45:07 AM
4 days??? Oh, you'll be back .
 abrethoffreshair

how in the world does he keep up with them all?
Posted: 10/8/2007 7:43:47 AM

How in the world does he keep up with them all?

That's just it...he doesn't!

They're strictly there for show...nothing more.
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 63 (view)

how dirty are you??
Posted: 10/7/2007 8:35:54 AM
My fine is...590.60...and we all know what the .60 is for, lol! My
numbers are not high but they're not low, either, so I'm doing okay.

Show ALL Forums