Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Question about matches and first contact.
 applesauseboss
Msg: 9 (view)

Question about matches and first contact.
Posted: 2/25/2013 8:07:38 PM
I have never once clicked with someone from my "Matches" section. I wouldnt put all your eggs in that basket.
 applesauseboss
Msg: 15 (view)

Attractive women with like 5 words on their profile
Posted: 2/25/2013 8:03:58 PM
In all honesty they probably dont need to write anything to get messages from guys, they are also probably not going to put any serious effort into dating anyone.
 applesauseboss
Msg: 20 (view)

Taking no for an answer?
Posted: 2/25/2013 8:01:18 PM
Personally for me "No" means "No" I'd say that if "No" turns to "Yes" its a pity date.
 applesauseboss
Msg: 14 (view)

Dating a dog owner
Posted: 2/25/2013 7:46:00 PM
So Christ_on_a_crutch does that make you a butch lesbian aswell lol? cute pup bytheway.
 applesauseboss
Msg: 3 (view)

Some perspective please :)
Posted: 2/24/2013 9:26:58 AM
You dont have enough pictures and "Wants to date but nothing serious" is going to turn off ALOT of women but if it is the truth then dont change it.
 applesauseboss
Msg: 4 (view)

Thanks for taking the time :)
Posted: 2/24/2013 9:23:37 AM
I like the change but Its still too wordy and flowery, granted I may be biased just because I don't like the writing style you use, hopefully someone else will give their input. Props to you for making changes though.
 applesauseboss

Please could you stop by and review me?
Posted: 2/24/2013 9:18:54 AM
You need more pictures and your main picture is a good picture but not at the main one, for your main picture get a good clear shot of your face where you are smiling, something like the second picture. Your "About Me" is perfect. Good Luck! :)
 applesauseboss

Could someone please review?
Posted: 2/24/2013 9:15:00 AM
I think your profile is good, you should take more pictures of yourself though, you have all head-shots but you should also have a full body or two and a little variation in the types of pictures you have. I like your "About Me" the only thing you could do is make it longer, its enjoyable to read but the more information you can give the better. You genuinely seem like a good guy and I wish you the best of luck :)
 applesauseboss
Msg: 10 (view)

Any advice welcome.
Posted: 2/24/2013 9:05:53 AM
Yeah Id avoid any pictures with a female friend
 applesauseboss
Msg: 2 (view)

Reviews appreciated.
Posted: 2/23/2013 11:49:52 PM
Well, your pictures suck, you have too few and all but your main picture and your longboard picture should be deleted. You should have a clear headshot as your main picture not a blurry full body mirror picture. Your "About Me" is alright, it could be better but It shouldnt keep girls from responding to you. Talking about getting your act together is a red flag to women. Never ever EVER say the words "Hit me up". Delete the quotes. On your "First Date" spell out conversation dont use "convo". Good Luck! :)
 applesauseboss
Msg: 8 (view)

Any advice welcome.
Posted: 2/23/2013 11:42:00 PM
Indira46 got it right, looks good now, your main picture isnt great though, take a nice clear headshot, without sunglasses.
 applesauseboss

Why do you not answer?
Posted: 2/23/2013 11:38:02 PM
You'r in the wrong forum, this one is for profle review but if you get this upset about not getting a response I wouldnt want to see how angry you get when you get a rejection response.
 applesauseboss
Msg: 6 (view)

Profile help for Dan
Posted: 2/23/2013 11:34:26 PM
Well your "About Me" starts out good but by the end of reading it there is no way anyone is gonna respond to your messages. If you are truly looking for a women that fits into all your very selective expectations your not gonna find it and any women that are close wouldnt want to be with a guy as picky and judgmental as yourself. Im really trying to be nice but you should either delete the bottom half of your "About Me" or consider rethinking and re writing it so you dont sound like a d*ck. I really am sorry if this was a little harsh but I wont sugarcoat it for you.
 applesauseboss

review of my page
Posted: 2/23/2013 11:24:59 PM
So get rid of the wedding modeling picture, If said shiftless pictures was outside and looked good Id put it back but thats just me, your main picture bothers me but its the best one you have thus far, I'd suggest getting more pictures. Your "About Me" is not great, it's too short, it's poorly written and there are far too many awkward sentances that come from nowhere and lead nowhere. I'd re write the whole thing, also one of the posters mentioned the "I's" and he was right, it drives us women nuts. Good Luck! :)
 applesauseboss

Thanks for taking the time :)
Posted: 2/23/2013 11:16:19 PM
You have alot of pictures which is fantastic although I firmly beleive there should never be a picture of a child on a dating website and your main picture is nice but I'd suggest the second to last picture as your main one. Now on to your "About Me"... It would be nice if it was a insperational card, but sadly it's not a card, its the only space you have to blow the panties off all the ladies viewing your profle. Your "About Me" really is unique and that really is great but It gives almost no real insight into who you are. You have maybe the most interests I've ever seen on here, talk about some of them. Talk about what you have to offer and what you are looking for. Writing your "About Me" in a way you wrote your post for this thread would probably win you some dates, in my opinion. Good Luck! :)
 applesauseboss

Please Review.
Posted: 2/23/2013 11:06:47 PM
I'd say privat33r hit the nail on the head. I think the pictures are fine but your "About Me" is lacking big time.
 applesauseboss

Please review... I am all ears.
Posted: 2/23/2013 11:01:23 PM
Ok, so you need more pictures and your main picture is kinda blurry. The full body is a great though. Your "About Me" doesnt really leave any strong impressions and there are a couple typos that could be corrected such as "Didn't" should be "Dont" and "Met" should be "Meet". You probably have guys asking you for money because you place alot of empasthsis on it in your "About Me". I'd suggest taking just sitting down and really taking time to write out a "About Me" that really captures your personality along with sounding like a well educated succsessful women such as yourself wrote it, which should attract men that are well educated and sucsessful aswell. Good Luck! :)
 applesauseboss
Msg: 7 (view)

Looking for tips on my profile
Posted: 2/22/2013 11:07:49 PM
You need alot more pictures. Your "About Me" is great but you need to write more about everything, as long as you continue to write as well as you already have on your "About Me" you will be fine. Your email restrictions are crazy though, you need to lossen up on them , really whats the worst that can happen? someone you arent interested in messages you? small potatos. Good Luck! :)
 applesauseboss
Msg: 5 (view)

I could use an outside perspective please
Posted: 2/22/2013 10:40:40 PM
Ok so your pictures are good, more are always better though. Your "About Me" starts off really good and then takes a turn for the worst. You sound very condensending about being on a dating website, you are on here and you should really accept it not make everyone reading your profile feel bad about themselfs. The bit about turning your laptop sideways doesnt really make a whole lot of sense, if what you are trying to say is important to you Id make it a little more clear. Also the bit about messaging you makes you sound like a jerk, You come off as putting yourself above the women that message you and warning that you will be sending a rejection message if your not interested is sure to scare alot of women away. So in a nut shell your "About Me" starts out great but ends with you sounding like a jerk. I hope I wasnt too harsh, Good Luck! :)
 applesauseboss

Profile review please
Posted: 2/22/2013 10:21:51 PM
All you need are more pictures, maybe take out the negative parts about not looking for guys that are "playing games or serial dating"...ect in your "About Me" it brings down the mood.
 applesauseboss
Msg: 9 (view)

Ok let me have it
Posted: 2/22/2013 9:59:06 PM
You have alot of great full body shots but they are pretty much all the same thing with a diffrent background, you should get more headshots, your main picture is very unflattering and from a bad angle, Id suggest a head on angle not a downward angle. Your "About Me" is ok, instead of saying "I am a Country Guy. I live on a farm and drive a big pickup truck. I like to mess with old red tractors. We restore and show them been a hobby for a long time. I like to spend time outdoors ride atvs and spend time on the farm. I do work quite a bit I have my own business plus a regular job. Not a big fan of drama. Thanks for taking the time to read all this" say this instead "Hey, Im just a good country guy that lives on a farm and drives a pickup truck. One if my hobbies is to restore and show old red tractors. I enjoy spending time outdoors on the farm and riding ATV's. I keep busy with work owning my own buisness on top of also having a regular job." Your second paragragh is good but the last two could also use some editing. Good Luck! :)
 applesauseboss

Please critique my profile.
Posted: 2/22/2013 9:47:36 PM
First, you only have one picture, you should have atleast four if not eight. The caption to your one and only picture is your name, it seems a little odd. Your "About Me" is very scattered and had no clear direction. You have some lower case "i's" that should have been fixed when you were re-reading your "About Me" before posting it. Your "About Me" should look as if someone who is finishing their doctorate actually wrote it. You should also elaborate more on your interests and what you are looking for. Good Luck! :)
 applesauseboss

In Need of Help!!!
Posted: 2/22/2013 9:19:06 PM
First I'd say that your headline "looking 4 someone 2 sweep me off my feet" is cute but typing out the words too and for would make it a little more mature. You also only have one picture of yourself and that picture is of you and one of your girlfriends. You should get ALOT more pictures and your main picture should be a picture of just you. You should have some more interests, there is no way that those are the only things that interest you. Your "About Me" does not look like someone with a Bachelors Degree wrote it, try to re-write it and organize your thoughts in a way that makes you seem personable and friendly. Maybe start out by talking about your interests, why you like sports and the outdoors, what you like to do in your free time, where you want to travel. After that talk about how excited you are to be getting your Masters Degree soon and you'd really like to find a guy that is pursuing his education aswell. You can finish with talking about what you have to offer a guy and what you are looking for in someone. Try to keep in lighthearted and humor goes a long way. Your "About Me" is your one and only real place to make a great first impression on a guy that is looking for a well educated, driven and family oriented girl such as yourself. Good Luck! :)
 applesauseboss
Msg: 20 (view)

Do you ever look at your 'Inbox' and view those tiny thumbnails and just delete the entire page?
Posted: 2/21/2013 8:22:19 PM
I ALWAYS look at the guys profile before I read his message, so I can form a opinion about the guy and know what to say to him if I do decide to respond, then I read the message, If I actually respond to a guy that sends me a stupid "Hi! :)" Ive gotta be very into him to not ignore it. So very very very rarely would I respond to those anyways.
 applesauseboss
Msg: 19 (view)

Boyfriend of 3 years wont have sex with me anymore
Posted: 2/21/2013 7:44:32 PM
First of all I truly and deeply think your boyfriend is a major a**. The fact that he does all if this to you is beyond appaling. Though why would you be with a person like this? Yes maybe you love him and love having someone but is that really worth having the person you are with tear you to shreads on a regular basis? Why wouldnt you want to use the dating site that you are on for its original purpose (yes this site isnt ONLY for the forums, hard to beleive right?) Anyways, in all reality if you do stay with him then what he is doing to you is as much on your own shoulders as it is on his. Good Luck!
 applesauseboss
Msg: 100 (view)

Too Tall?
Posted: 2/20/2013 4:41:52 PM
My personal motto is the taller the better, I am 5'3" and I'm dating a guy that I met on here that is 6'8" and I love it, from my personal experenice girls like tall guys. I'd think it would be harder for tall girls than tall guys.
 applesauseboss
Msg: 42 (view)

Different Race, Political, Religous - Can we Make it a Match?
Posted: 2/20/2013 10:55:45 AM
Well first off, LucidTheory, power to you for proudly expressing your views. I personally think that the different race is a non-issue but when you get into Politics and Religion things get really tricky, just having one of those (extreme differences in your case) can cause damage in a relationship but having both might be too hard to handle. That's not to say that its impossible, If both you and him are willing to be open and truly accepting of each other's views and opinions then you both are not only exceptional people but most likely able to make it work.
 applesauseboss
Msg: 493 (view)

Guys don't want to be just friends, but girls do, why is that?
Posted: 2/20/2013 10:43:14 AM
Personally I think its the same from men to women as it is from women to men. If I personally say I want to be "just friends" I either have zero physical attraction to him or I just don't want to date him but could possibly be open to sex.
 applesauseboss

sex and love
Posted: 2/17/2013 4:48:32 PM
Id say they are very separate, you can have sex with someone and not love them or even want to date them and you can also love someone before or without having sex with them. That's just my opinion.
 applesauseboss
Msg: 19 (view)

Why is their so many plastic Barbies on POF?
Posted: 2/17/2013 4:05:28 PM
I think this forum made my night :). For the record I have a brain and a super striking personality (joke...sorta..) and live in this wonderful frigid state, just sayin...
 applesauseboss
Msg: 67 (view)

How to politely ask
Posted: 2/17/2013 3:32:22 PM
Teeth are extremely important, just make a joke out of it. I personally went on a date with a guy and to my horror found out on the date that he had lost/destroyed most of his teeth from meth use. (It was as disgusting as it sounds). I couldnt get out of that date fast enough, Ill joking mention that I like tall guys with a full set of teeth now, no one has been offended by it as far as I know.
 applesauseboss
Msg: 32 (view)

Country or City type
Posted: 2/17/2013 3:02:41 PM
Ksayer1 clearly has country girls down. In all honesty I don't think you can really throw every women into a group. There are country women that are very self-involved, high maintenance and flighty and there are city women that love the outdoors, don't have any urge to shop and are very easy-going.
 applesauseboss
Msg: 37 (view)

Stood up for a date?
Posted: 2/17/2013 2:54:46 PM
This Post is all sorts of weird. I just felt like I needed to make that known.
 applesauseboss

So I'm new here.
Posted: 2/5/2013 8:25:59 PM
First off, you need more pictures and you look much cuter in you second than in your main picture (you look very un-friendly) and you look kinda creepy in your last picture although your caption makes it worth it. Fix the failed attempts at bolded words in you interests. In you "About Me" write out the word 'two' dont use numbers. Also dont list your interests, all your interests should go under "Interests" also try to make it flow better, it might as well be bullet points the way you have it written now. If I were you I'd re-write the whole thing. Good Luck! :)
 applesauseboss

Profile Critique
Posted: 2/5/2013 8:13:26 PM
First off, Your main picture is alright although I wouldnt have it as you main picture, having that giant with his arm around in the picture makes you look weirdly small. Your third picture makes me sad, becuase you look sad, and you dont want girls sad when they are viewing your profile. Lastly and also leastly the 5th picture does, infact make you look like your drinking underage although it makes me smile so that one is take it or leave it for me. Next point you say you do not have a car.... that should probably be adressed. Your "About Me" is O.K. but it would not catch my eye. Delete the part about your female friends getting you into yoga. You should elaborate on everything in you "About Me". Good Luck! :)
 applesauseboss

Profile Review Please
Posted: 2/5/2013 8:00:20 PM
My two cents on the profile picture would be to use the second to last one (next to the pool table) as you main picture and get rid of the faceless girl picture if nothing else. If you indeed delete the faceless girl a actual full body would be a nice addition. Good Luck! :)
 applesauseboss
Msg: 6 (view)

Amigos, I would like a honest appraisal please.
Posted: 2/2/2013 8:19:00 PM
First and formost, your main picture is super fabulous but its not going to catch anyones eye in the single second they look at it. Try using your 5th picture as your main picture, the main picture really just needs to clearly show what you look like. Also add some humor to your "About Me".
 applesauseboss

What to change, if anything?
Posted: 2/2/2013 8:04:24 PM
I want this to sound as nice as possible but every single one of your pictures are horrible, I had to check to see if you said you did drugs because in every picture you look super high. You need to take pictures where you are smiling and have your eyes open, looking somewhere near the camra lens. Your "About Me" is fine a little short but mostly your pictures are just awful.
 applesauseboss

Feedback...
Posted: 2/2/2013 7:53:07 PM
All I think there is to do is trash the third picture (your teeth look weird in it, I say that because in the fourth picture you can tell you have good teeth) also add more clear pictures of yourself. Oh and if non-smoker is your only deal breaker then relax your mail settings, maybe your dream man tried to message you but he just turned 53
 applesauseboss

Constructive Critique Please
Posted: 2/2/2013 7:39:05 PM
The Pictures are great your "About Me" is meticulously thought out aswell-not in a good way, you've reached the point that your "About Me" seems really stiff like your holding your breath while writing it hoping and praying that everything is perfect. You need to add some humor, It feels more like your interviewing for a girlfriend then looking for that special girl that makes you all warm and fuzzy inside. So breath and relax and write it as if you were saying it aloud and really as long as the "About Me" gives information on who you are while sounding like yourself you are golden.
 applesauseboss
Msg: 17 (view)

Just looking for insight....
Posted: 2/22/2012 11:15:47 PM
dear god you two I cant see how this post of all posts really innvokes such a conflict.
 applesauseboss

Are women willing to find friendship alongside their search for a relationship?
Posted: 2/22/2012 11:10:14 PM
Im not looking for friendship on here, I think its kinda silly to join a dating site for anything but a relationship. I dont want to be mean but find some other way to make friends, this isnt really the place.
 applesauseboss
Msg: 25 (view)

lingerie/outfits
Posted: 2/22/2012 11:05:05 PM
I had to cut off a thong once becuase the lingerie was so hard to get off and we were ready to go.
 applesauseboss
Msg: 31 (view)

Wearing a baseball hat on a 2nd date versus acne?
Posted: 2/22/2012 8:57:41 PM
go with the hat, pimples are gross and becuase your a man all you can do is hide them, if she asks tell her you were embarresed that you broke out, im sure she will think its cute.
 applesauseboss

Plenty of Views, but No Replies!
Posted: 2/22/2012 8:54:51 PM
everything looks good, dunno whats stopping them.
 applesauseboss

Been here awhile but the messages seem to have dried up
Posted: 2/22/2012 8:52:23 PM
Get more varity in your pictures, you have the same puppy-dog look in all of them and no full bodies. Maybe take a cute picture with one or all of your pets.
 applesauseboss

Profile Review
Posted: 2/22/2012 8:50:35 PM
Your cute, your about me is good. My advice would be to get more pictures of just you and break up your "about me" with some breaks so Its easier to read. Good Luck
 applesauseboss
Msg: 22 (view)

lingerie/outfits
Posted: 2/22/2012 8:43:35 PM
@ funinsun, I agree I love the matching panties/bra, I have some sick obsession with matching everything, If im wearing black jeans and a purple top then I will wear a black lacey bra and purple lacey thong, it may be a problem but atleast i match :).
 applesauseboss
Msg: 21 (view)

Dates that NOBODY has paid for?
Posted: 2/22/2012 8:38:36 PM
I dont like going on walks on a first date for safety reasons, I like it to be highly public and populated plus Minnesota is effing freezing most of the year. I like to show up for the date extra early so I can pay for my own drink without the awkwardness of "whos paying?"
 applesauseboss

Bit of an odd Dilemma Appreciate Feedback
Posted: 2/22/2012 8:32:56 PM
Go Kites :) Its too bad more guys/people dont think about that.

Show ALL Forums