Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: testimonials
 _nothanks
Msg: 15 (view)

testimonials
Posted: 4/7/2012 4:27:19 AM
I don't think your testimonial is offputting because as you say it's a man who's met you at meets that you have arranged.

They can be off putting though for other reasons such as "if the date was so great and she's so great why are they not together?"
 _nothanks
Msg: 40 (view)

Question for Ladies (& Guys) What you can 'get away with' stating on your profile?
Posted: 4/2/2012 10:26:08 AM
I think people should keep their 'about me' section about themselves. I'm tired of reading lists about what women want a man to be only to get to the end and know nothing about her, if i send her a message then she can ignore or fob me off. it actually asks in the profile would you date a person of another race and you can tick the 'no' box. as well as many other preferences such as smokers, etc.

plus, it would save the heated debates RE:racism.

The only credit you can give is honesty, regardless of reason.
 _nothanks
Msg: 3 (view)

actual nudity on youtube.
Posted: 3/31/2012 1:07:43 PM
Aerosmith - Pink
 _nothanks
Msg: 5 (view)

Funk??
Posted: 3/23/2012 3:28:39 PM
Parliament are the led zep of funk man.

Bootsy Collins is a guru! FLASHLIGHT
 _nothanks
Msg: 11 (view)

Are there too many one tracked minded people ruining it for the rest of us
Posted: 3/21/2012 12:50:50 PM
Any woman that would judge you on the messages she's got from other people generally isn't worth hanging round with anyway imo, if that many people are sending bad messages (enough to stop you replying to other users) then leave.
 _nothanks
Msg: 6 (view)

Sport = Death, do we want to ban sports at schools?
Posted: 3/21/2012 10:36:59 AM
if anything should the schools first aider not be quizzed on why the airway was not cleared?

when I was 11 I was going swimming with friends, on the way to the bus stop i stepped out in the road and was nearly killed by a car. are they going to ban watersports?
 _nothanks
Msg: 13 (view)

Internet Date Rape
Posted: 3/20/2012 9:57:43 AM
this one mate

Ramsey and the woman had spent four days chatting on plentyoffish.com which claims on its home page to be “responsible for more dates and more relationships than any other dating site”.
 _nothanks
Msg: 4 (view)

Is this really an obscene amount of money to waste on a film?
Posted: 3/20/2012 9:53:52 AM
I suppose the upside of it is that some people got some work, as opposed to throwing it down on 1 player who will refuse to go on the pitch then run off for 6 months and not play a single game or practice.

still hard to swallow such a waste when so many peoples lives could be made better with it though, incidentally some of those people probably gave the cash over to disney in the first place
 _nothanks
Msg: 25 (view)

Who was the first Rap Artist?
Posted: 3/20/2012 6:53:59 AM
a lot of the 1950's stuff is by your own definition not rap as its done to 12 bar blues patterns, i'd say you were onto something though

and if not any of them, then surely it has to be Bob Dylan - Subterranean homesick blues
 _nothanks
Msg: 13 (view)

Best rapper alive
Posted: 3/20/2012 6:51:12 AM
Nas. godsson alone is better than anything thats been out since.
 _nothanks
Msg: 4 (view)

Live or Die?
Posted: 3/19/2012 1:18:06 PM
saw my granddad a virtual cabbage following a stroke. roughly 2 years of bad times and then a painful death.

just put me out of my misery if that happens!

Show ALL Forums