Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: How did you learn to cook?
 justmeinbflo
Msg: 41 (view)

How did you learn to cook?
Posted: 9/30/2008 7:53:20 PM
For me, it was just trial and error, although I had watched cooking shows in my late teens, for some weird reason.

I rarely, rarely use recipes, just my imagination, and it seems to work well.
 justmeinbflo
Msg: 60 (view)

Favorite ice cream
Posted: 7/22/2008 6:28:32 PM
Right now, I have two in my freezer:

Breyer's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Breyer's Coffee

There's nothing like chocolate and coffee, so coffee ice cream with chocolate sauce really floats my boat.
 justmeinbflo
Msg: 52 (view)

I am appalled.
Posted: 7/22/2008 2:47:44 PM
OP,

Back when I used to wear glasses, I had someone tell me I looked like Rick Moranis from "Honey I shrunk the Kids." How do you think that made me feel? I'd take a game character with a mullet any day! LOL

Nowadays, I've heard a couple times that I look like David Duchovny. That is much more palatable!
 justmeinbflo
Msg: 173 (view)

Attractive women on POF
Posted: 7/21/2008 2:53:44 PM

It can be very hard for beautiful women to meet men. A lot of beautiful women intimidate men. A lot of beautiful women come off as extremely unapproachable. A lot of people assume a beautiful woman is conceited. And believe it or not, a lot of people think, without even realizing it, that a beautiful woman kind of needs to be PUT IN HER PLACE. By that I mean, even if the beautiful woman in question never displayed conceit, hostility or even put on airs, something happens in the subconscious mind that triggers some people (not all..not even the majority of people I'm sure) to feel the need to knock them down off their pedestal. And that isn't just a beautiful woman thing either. That happens with strong willed women as well.

I also believe that beautiful women have to sort through a lot more losers. By that, I mean that lots of guys will approach a pretty girl with some clever pickup line. If she's even interested in being approached, she then has to figure out which ones are losers, which ones are pretenders and which ones are genuine.

It's got to be hard, because I've known a lot of girls who have dated guys who seemed nice at first, but turned out to be deadbeats. (The pitfalls of dating apply to all girls, but I believe that very good looking girls in particular have much more of the shit to deal with.)
 justmeinbflo
Msg: 39 (view)

Opinions please - Is this normal!!!!!
Posted: 7/18/2008 8:54:42 AM
I agree. This guy has no class.

My serious girlfriend of a few years ago and I dated for a year. I had a fart escape in her presence and I was mortified! (I'm usually an easygoing guy, but I was so smitten that I didn't want to come across as gross or gassy.) She was shocked but then laughed. It never happened again, though.

Anyway, a guy who spits and farts in front of you is no prize. He needs to learn how to act in front of a lady, and if he is convinced that there's nothing wrong with that, move on to someone with a bit more class.
 justmeinbflo
Msg: 53 (view)

Why does a man want a woman to hold his penis while he urinates?
Posted: 7/17/2008 6:27:44 PM

That's one I've never had a guy ask and never heard about before.

Well I like to be able to read the morning paper and talk on my cell phone, so it's kind of like "hands free" urination.

Seriously though, I think this is kind of weird. It seems that people have nothing more going on in their lives that they have to look for kink or eroticism in decidedly NON-erotic things.
 justmeinbflo
Msg: 36 (view)

Seperated is NOT single......or is it?
Posted: 7/17/2008 6:19:44 PM
^^^^^^ Beautifully stated, ForumBuddy.
 justmeinbflo
Msg: 16 (view)

What changed after 30?
Posted: 7/17/2008 6:17:12 PM
^^^^^ LOL ... But who cares about her friends? I'd be happy just having her in my town.

Show ALL Forums